PORCH #1153 IS NOW OPEN (9/6/19) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH #1153 IS NOW OPEN (9/6/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

fall.jpg

Hi, Kids,

Time for a new Porch. We haven't had a porch for a while. Here's one decorated for fall. Sit down and have a mug of spiced cider and a donut. Be sure to go back to read any posts you missed on the last Porch. I woke several times during the night and at about 3:00, I had to read to get sleepy again. SV was stretched out next to me and would murmur now and then. He can make the sweetest soft little sounds.

Sun, seems as though you guys struggled with that easel and the easel was winning. So the Chinese easel wasn't so good but the Chinese soup was. Well, you broke even so guess all is well or, as Shakespeare said, "All's well that ends well." Things like that sale are a lot of work. Hope you can get to sleeping again. It's exhausting not to be able to sleep well.

I'll stop back in later. Hope all y'all have a great windup to the week today.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

rockgor

Hi Kids

Nice pic, Mikie. Not sure if the hanging pot is full of plants or bats. A shame there was no ease in the easels, Sun.
I was finally able to read your story. Reminded me of O. Henry. A surprise at the end. Very well written. But then,
I expected that as your posts are too.

I read a book of short stories by Ring Lardner a decade or two ago. I thought they were wonderful. Just finished
reading them again. They don't seem so wonderful this time. Well, that seems to be pretty much true of everything
now days. Time to go feed the kitty. She's out by the back door. I am still getting bitten by bugs almost everytime
I step outside. Gordon remains pretty much immune. I'll have to revisit Dorothy Parker and Edna Ferber. They
both excelled at short stories.

Got an e mail in the middle of the night from my MN brother. Send some pics. The family went to Minneapolis
and visited the site of the former stadium of a Minneapolis baseball team. I think they moved to LA. Anyhoo
the kids had fun. My brother sorta scuffed something underfoot. Looked down and found a plaque that read:
Former site of home plate.

Hugs to all, but bad cess to thugs.
Rock

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just got home from Publix. The employees are grumbling about their hours. I don't blame them. If Publix can't guarantee 20 hrs. a week, people won't stay; they can't pay their bills. Employees don't feel the same about working there these days. A woman customer started talking to me about it. She had noticed it too. Very sad but I think Publix no longer cares about their employees as they once did. I was upset by it and forgot to ask for boxes. I did remember to buy some espresso and raw natural sugar. I'm going to make some Cuban Coffee for myself. It's soooo good and really wakes a person up. You want to make it sweet so you add as much sugar as you want to a cup. You pour a bit of espresso into it and stir it vigorously until it is all foamy. Then, you pour in the rest of the coffee. It is usually served in small demitasse cups.

I got some lemon curd because it occurd to me that I haven't fixed my Myers Lemon cake in a while. I did get a bit of fruit and some beautiful broccoli on the healthy side. Good thing I checked my bags when I loaded them into the car. The bagger had put my ice cream next to my crossword puzzle book. That's a big no-no. He's a very sweet little old man but he should know better. If I were the Queen of Publix...

SV was nowhere to be found when I got home. I know he has a couple of little hiding places he goes to from time to time but it freaks me out when I can't find him. There's no place he can go outside the condo and lanai so I have to tell myself to just wait. Sho 'nuff, he came out of the bedroom all squinty eyed. He must have been holed up and sound asleep. I gave him a couple of treats and he's out on the lanai in his own personal sauna. It's so beautiful out today. It's breezy and not humid. The sun is shining and the sky is blue with soft clouds. We've had some beautiful cloud formations lately. Every day I give thanks for this beautiful place and today, of course, I'm praying for the people in the Bahamas. What was once a paradise is now destroyed and ugly. One person described having to push aside bodies in the water to escape. The physical hardships they are suffering are bad enough but they will be emotionally traumatized for a long time.

Rock, glad to see you here. I'm not usually a fan of short stories but I did enjoy Sun's. I'm reading Beantown Girls right now. It's about Red Cross workers in Europe during WWII. Three girls from Boston drive a big food truck and make and serve coffee and donuts for the troops. It's not great fiction but I'm enjoying it. I need something to escape to. We are the winter home of the Minnesota Twins. The stadium is just down the street a couple of miles. Farther away another couple of miles is the winter home of the Boston Red Sox. Hope Miss Kitty is well; SV says, "Meow."

Gonna read the little local paper before I get going. Joe called earlier to rub it in that in a week, I'm getting my colonoscopy. He's feeling superior because he already had his. Hope everydobby is enjoying this day.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I like the picture above. Makes me feel a tad cooler looking at it although today is VERY hot again. I'm soooo sick of this heat and summer and looking forward to fall, my favorite season. I stopped at Armstrong Nursery the other day and HAD to buy two pots of pumpkin colored chrysanthemums and also an orange flowered trumpet flower...said it attracts hummingbirds.

Rock: So happy you enjoyed my short story and to be compared to O Henry. I'm going to post one more of my short stories, this one is a little poignant but reading it brought back all those memories again for me. I think I might take up writing more shorts.....it's a great way to remember feelings and events. There are nine sections to read. I hope you're going to be able to follow it. And I promise.....this is the ending to posting them.

By the way, mosquitoes are bad but Gordon is just one of those lucky ones who they don't like! HA tell him that!!!!

Last edited:

Mikie

Sun,

I can download the pages but they don't fit on my screen and I can't seem to find a way to scroll up and down. I'll come back later to see whether I can do it.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Try this.....I just went back and set it all thumbnail.

My body is screaming today. Pretty sure it was from leaning over yesterday trying to work on a WC. I FORGET what I can't do. So I took a tylenol and am wearing some ice. I don't like taking the tramadol during the day some I'm have a glass of red wine with my lunch and trying to forget.&^%$#@!

Last edited:

springwater

Mikie - lovely lovely house, lovely porch. Very homey, welcoming. would loveto stay there. Thanks for posting. Glad you could go out. After a while staying indoors gets to one. It does me. Im thanking Heaven you guys dodged a bullet. A humongous one, as 5he pictures from Bahamas show.

Sun - really enjoyed your story. Wonderfully descriptive, and draws one in. The way your words took us into 5he narrators head, mind, heart as she tries to navigate around her overly sensitive crochety old mom without trampling on her feelings and then that journey through the estate sale peeking into lives of people long gone. I was feeling so sad as each item got looked at and a little story was told about the person.

Sad because this is where it ends for all of us. A house with things used, cherished but now left behind.

as to your wondering whether the spirit of the person would mind,i think like in life, it would depend on the persons character. If it were someone very attached to earthly possessions, afraid to pass over,they would probably mind. Someone who was ready to let go, move on would justforget it all, relieved at not having anything binding themdown.

i think Mikie and i definitely belong to the latter category. heh heh. we will be like - ‘goodbye, you all, whats up, next?

Rock - so nice to see you pop 8n. Was hoping you werent unwell. You have a fun brother. Always on 5he move and taking his brood. My body these days does not want to sit in a vehicle or airplane for too long. Very travel unworthy body. whats to do. hello to Miss Kitty.

Had a family dinner out. An impromptu one hosted by DD because cousins askedher when were we meeting up. we go to their houses all the time for meals but dont invite 5hem back here. so it was high time.

a few days before the family had been invited to lunch by DHs youngest uncles elder son whois a monk. it was at his monastery atop a hill. i did not go because i dont like aunt and uncle and DS was out of town. The girl cousins all met up there, however and they asked DD when she was hosting.

Hence this dinner at restaurant. i have a cold but steeled myself and went. enjoyed it. So many people so i didnt have to make amusing small talk. They all were jabbering. two little ones..6 middle ones, and aunt, one uncles DD and me...a bit senior. it was mostly barbeque, different meats, and mushroom, potato, pizza for the two vegetarians.

The DS excused himself a little earlier because he was out 5 days to India to a small town where he and another two were flown to judge a rap contest. lol. he had a lot of work to catch up on. Travel, hotel and meals were free. pay was measly but then, we are a poor country.

my girl cousin was telling me he was quite 5he celebrity with the youngsters there excited to click selfies with him.

Anyways, i have tons of housework. this font is changing on its own and there are bells jangling in my head. bring on the computer exorcist!

God bless all andthose in Bahamas

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Spring; So happy you liked it and understood what i was trying to explain. Our lives take all kinds of twists and turns, people come and go in our lives. Does life ever end up like the person imagines it to be? I'm also getting ready to 'move on".....I feel like I've done what I came to do when I was put here on earth. Just feels now like marking time. I used to want to own soooo much, now there is nothing in the house that I would cry over if I didn't own it anymore. Just burdens to get rid of.

i hope you're able to go back to the previous post that is closed now and read my other short story. That was a fun little read, this one is a bit more deep. i wanted to make the reader really think about the end. I have gone to many estate sales when collecting "treasures". This one in particular really seemed to Hit me deeply. I wrote this when my mom was still alive, so in reading it that little day really stuck in my mind. I could see again my mom standing at the card counter reading all of those cards. As I said, I think I might do more short story writing. So often I see people interacting with others, and imagine a story around them.

How exciting for your DS and cute....he's become a celebrity! And a nice way to host a dinner....out at a restaurant where you can just get up when the evening is over and leave all the cleanup to someone else.

Starlight74

Hi guys.
just letting yas know that I am still alive.
Whole family has been wiped out by flu and as you all know energy is a rare commodity on a good day, so...
I hope to catch up reading the last couple of volumes, but it all takes time.
I pray for yas and hope that no tragedy or hardship has befallen any of you while I've been out of action.
I hv been trying to follow the hurricane dramas and it's devastation.
I hope none of you hv been afflicted.
I'm not great with geography, but Mikie, I know Florida is often at the brunt of them.
Thinking of you.
Sun, I know your treatments hv been ongoing.I think of you. (& the cat lady across the rd :-/ )
Thinking fondly of you also Barry, Spring, Rock, Granni, Julie , Duck and all Porchies.

Best be off.
Pets to tend to.

Take care
Catch yas later.

rockgor

Morning, Folks

There was a movie on late last night that I intended to watch if I was awake. But I wasn't so I didn't. The movie was titled Too Many Girls. It was made by the RKO studio. Lucy and Ricky were in it. That's how they met. A few decades later they bought the studio and began churning out TV programs as Desilu.

Sun, I was reading your second story, but now I'm having trouble. Can't find the spot where I previously stopped. Everything confuses me. Gordon wrote out instructions for putting a book on hold. Step 4 is "move mouse to barcode box" but I can't find any barcode box. Ach, do lieber!

Star, glad to know you and the family are still alive. When I was a kid big families were pretty common. The neighbors had 6 kids. So at various time they all had the measles or the mumps or the whammer jammers My mother took a picture of me when I had the mumps. My face looked like a balloon. She thought it was funny to show that pic to friends. When I was an adult I threw that pic away. Actually I threw the entire album away. Didn't want any reminders of my childhood.

Spring, I conveyed your message to Miss Kitty. She said "Meow to your friend. Tell her if she wants kitties around she needs to get rid of all those dogs."

My mouth hurts ever since I woke up. Have no idea why. Took some Ibuprofen. No effect yet.

Mikie, I'm surprised you were having computer trouble. Thought you and Alexa could fix just about anything except maybe a fallen soufflé. I don't think I've ever had such a thing. I guess I don't go to the right garden parties. I'd look for the Beantown Girls at the library if I knew how to navigate there. Anyhoo did you ever see the movie Four Jills in a Jeep. I saw it many years ago. About 4 gals driving around during WWII. They were in Europe, I guess.

Barry, hope everyone's copacetic at your mountain lodge. Anymore escape attempts by the inmates?

You guys remember when I told you Gordon was going to get some money from a class action against a former employer? And then I got a notice a few days later that I would be getting a small amount for some vague reason. The fact that two people with the same address would get such a notice seemed highly unlikely to me. I thought maybe it was a scam of some sort. So far no new developments. Good thing I didn't spend the money before I got it. Don't even remember how much it was; not much for me anyway. The amount for him was significant though. Several hundred I think.

Julie, hope things are fine on the farm. Any new pics to post? It's been many decades since I was on a farm. Would
like to visit one, but too feeble now. Whey my Minn. brother sometimes writes about modern farms I am amazed at
all the changes.

OK, going back to bed.

Rock

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids,

Sun, I'm so sorry that you feel so lousy. I think it wears us down in a most fundamental way to always be in pain and so exhausted. I still can't get the pages to load so that I can read them. I can get the pages on my screen but the top or bottom is off the view and it won't scroll. I want to read the story so am very frustrated. I keep trying to find a way to scroll to the top or bottom with no luck. Rats! I hope you feel better today.

Spring, yes, I think you, Sun and I will be fine leaving all our stuff behind. It's just stuff no matter how much we like it or how much pleasure it gives us. I love my techy stuff that helps me so much but I'll gladly leave it when I no longer need it. I laughed when I found a dish towel on Amazon that read, Alexa, do the dishes. There was another that read, Alexa, clean the house. My cousin once bought a beautiful old photo album with pics of family members at a garage sale. It didn't belong to the people having the sale. They bought it for the beauty of the album. It was very ornate. It made me sad to think these people lived and were someone's family. I wondered whether any descendants would want the pics or, even sadder, didn't care. I found an old pic on Ancestry of my grandparents. I need to go back and print it out when I get a printer that actually works. Glad you enjoyed the luncheon despite your cold. I hope you feel better. It's wonderful that your handsome, talented DS is doing so well in his career.

Star, I'm so glad to hear from you but am so sorry the flu has invaded your family. I hope everyone feels better soon so you can come back to let us know what all is going on there. Thanks for your kind thoughts. FL is often involved in the hurricanes which come whirling off the West Coast of Africa across the Atlantic. They usually make a turn to the north in their path to the west. If that turn is made early, the hurricanes stay out to sea. If not, they will impact us. This storm made that turn late and skimmed along the FL East Coast. It continued to skim the East Coast of the U.S. and did a lot of damage in the Carolinas as it impacted the islands off the mainland. The winds and rain have caused damage to the mainland as well. Compared to the Bahamas, though, we were very lucky. Our Coast Guard has been rescuing people in the Bahamas with helicopters and aid is finally able to be brought in. It's gonna be a very slow process. Do you get these kinds of storms there? I hope not. Also, hope y'all feel better.

Rock, we must have been posting at the same time. I'm laughing about your not watching a movie because you were asleep. I do that a lot. I can often go to On Demand to watch things I missed because I can't stay awake. I didn't know that the old RKO Studio became Desilu. It was Lucille Ball who was a great businesswoman, according to what I've read. It was Desi who was the comedic genius but she was a great comedic actress. It's always sad when two people are so talented and could have everything and they end up ruining it. From what I read, he was a big time Lothario. I used to make sweet potato souffles. They were delicious and didn't fall. I think I might have seen that movie but my memory fails me. Good luck with putting your book on hold.

Gonna go read the paper. Hope everydobby has a great start to the weekend.

Love, Mikie

Update: Hate to whine all the time but I feel really strange. This is like when I was at my sickest. No NRG and my mind just doesn't want to work. I took a heavy bag of trash down to the dumpster and got my mail. The bag was full of trash from cleaning out the armoire. I tossed a couple of really big candles and that's why it was so heavy. My eyes are watering and I'm having problems seeing. Either my eyesight has deteriorated significantly or the cataracts have grown significantly. Anxious to see my eye doc next mo.

I just cleaned out SV's little water fountain. It's a pain to clean. I got it all cleaned out, including the motor and filter. I filled it and turned it on and all kinds of stuff blew out into the water. So, I cleaned it again and again, it blew out stuff. This time I only put in a small amount of water. I emptied it again and it finally stopped emitting all that stuff. It's filled with clean water. He was excited and couldn't wait to drink so he lapped up the clean water before it blew out the stuff. Cats know when we do things for them and take care of them. Heck, if I had someone taking care of me, I'd get excited too.

Not sure my sleep has been quality even though I'm getting enough hours. I think a nap is a good idea.

Last edited:

lydia1

Happy Saturday, everyone! I decided to try posting during the day instead of waiting until late at night, when I can barely keep my eyes open, lol! Den and I have been working so hard around the farm and we are exhausted by suppertime...

Sun, I couldn't read all of every single page (if I could have scrolled down on some of them, it would have worked...but I can't get it to do that) but I got the "just" of the story and I thought it was very good. Hope your art sale went well.

Mikie, did you intend the "occurd" pun, lol? When you were talking about lemon curd? Glad you can find such good deals when you stock up. I like to keep lots of extra things on hand, especially in the winter...just have to find suitable space to store the stuff, then remember where it is, when needed, lol!

Spring, what a great idea to host a get-together at a restaurant. I'm glad you were able to go and have a good time. I'm grinning, thinking of your son having his own "groupies" :)

Granni, how are the new washer and dryer doing? Sounds like you and hubby have been busy...so much to do with upkeep of one's home, yard, etc.

Star, oh no! The flu makes its rounds here, too...even in the warmer weather. Hope you all feel better soon. I couldn't find the words, pertaining to your MIL earlier. You had good advice from many here. I may or may not have done things differently when my MIL was still living...

My computer just posted the above, on its own, lol! So, now I guess I am "editing", but the screen looks the same. Silly gremlins :eek:

Rock, I'm sorry about the computer frustrations. Makes me happy to hear how patient and kind Gordon is...a true soulmate. I think of you every time I duck when I walk by the front door after dark...so Squirrely Dude doesn't see me...he's the sweet tom cat that is friends with Peace Sign kitty. He comes to the door every evening to have a little snack...this is the cat who lets me pet him when he's at the house, but acts scared and pretends he doesn't know me if he's in the garage when I feed the rest of the cats, lol!

Where's Duckie, anyway? Have I missed anything? Barry, hope all is well in your part of the world.

I guess I'll get back to work...been straightening up and cleaning inside the house. Had to take another break from my parents' trailer...can only do that a little bit at a time. But, this way, I am close by if Den needs another pair of hands...he's putting the ceiling (soffit) up in the patio...just using metal siding instead of actual soffit material. But that also involves putting up "J" channel, Fascia, cutting holes in the metal for ceiling lights, etc., etc. We should have probably had all this done by now, but got "side-tracked" with building the "Kids Club" and all that fun stuff in the inside loft.

Lindsey has her oral surgery consult on the 24th...then I will know when I'm needed down there.

I was at the clothesline the other day when Grace and Rose walked down the lane, headed home from school (Amish neighbor girls...1st grade and 3rd grade.) I walked across the yard to ask how their day went, etc. Grace said she sure wished I could walk on home with them sometimes and go to their house to play, lol! I promised that I would do that one day...

Here's a pic for Rock. Den and I and the grandkids...this is the third year we've copied this same pose, in the same place. I wonder how many more years Josiah will fit on my lap, lol! Well...I guess I won't post a picture...it says my file is too large. I don't know how to make it smaller...anyway...I'll have to try to figure something out.

Hope everyone is doing okay...take care!

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Just popping in today not that I am doing a whole lot However, know on wood glad to be able to say that so far the washer and dryer have been doing well. I cannot believe how little water it uses in compared to the old ones. They seem to be pretty efficient that I can see so far. So far no problems.

Need to get started on my chili mac that I used to make years ago when the kids were home. Found another recipe or two so I have a guide. I have forgotten exactly what all was in it. I did remember ground beef or turkey this time and canned tomatoes,onions, seasonings , macaroni of some kind and of course grated cheese. I don't have enough of the right cheese but will use some of it anyway. I am running out of things to eat that are halfway healthy that we both can have.

MIKIE - Maybe you can help me pray to St. Anthony !! Yesterday I took out my one season tickets pkg and sent the info to my DD so they could decide which to go to and now I cannot find it at all. They have disappeared but still I need to really look in case I put them in my top drawer. It is not in the obvious places, It is 3 shows and the first one has a dinner . So, the season tickets are $50. Hate to have to replace it as I also need to buy another one too.

JULIE - Thanks for popping in and I hope you can make that pic smaller so we all can see it. I can't imagine Josiah sitting on your lap for to much longer LOL. I can imagine how pooped you both must be with all the work on the farm. How cute it is that the little Amish girls wanted you to come home and play with them someday. How far away do they live from you? Reminds me of my elementary school days when we had to walk home. There were no busses and sometimes it was pretty cold and snowy. Not sure how long it was but it sure seemed like a long trec back then.

STAR - How nice to see you. Sorry about everyone being so ill with the flu. Sounds like a young friend of mine who has 9 children and it went thru all the kids that still lived at home. She also got it but her DH was out of town at the time. She has soe attitude though and she even invited DD and I to have a drink and some dinner locally yesterday. Unknowingly she paid the tab. She also wors and her DH makes a good buck. She is the SIL of my friend that died not to long ago who used to sing with me in church choir in our old church and then got dementia after her DH died but she did have some problems growing up with a very reclusive mother. Especially hard for the mom who is in charge of all the little darlings . Glad you are doing better and things are getting a little better as far as the illness is concerned. Hang in there dear girl. As they say, this too shall pass. Hope things keep getting better at home with everyone ! Come back soon !!!

Hi also to SPRING, ROCK, BARRY, DUCKIE, SUN and everydobby else I may have missed. Gotta run ! Still very HOT out. Went out with DH to go to do a few machines at our gym or workout room. We weren't there very long. That is find with me. I have to make an appt with a new Rheumaatologist that my DF goes too. They finally called me from the derm office and said she was unable to get in touch with the Rheumy and that I should try and make an appt. God only knows when I will get one.

Love to awl,
Granni PS Trying to get this to send. In the heat of the day all the tablets and computers are as slow as molasses and sometimes worse. WILL TRY AGAIN !!

sunflowergirl

Julie: Poor Lindsey.....I really feel for her. Is she getting teeth pulled or what? I know someone who got quite a lot of teeth pulled so she could get implants. Couldn't eat for months and lost a lot of weight, obviously. But with her the gums have to heal. I think it took over 6 mos. I know you mentioned how pregnancy drains a body. I had good teeth until PG with me also. How cute that th little neighbor girls invited you to come over and play with them. They know a soft touch!

Star: Good to see you!!!!! I've been thinking about you and wondering how your counseling is going. I think the last time you said you had gone to one but the counselor was then on vacation, so have you been back? Sorry about the flu hitting everyone. We've got the "cold" variety around here. My DD was sick over 5 days. I was at CVS this morning and I asked the clerk how she was. She said she's got the sniffles and I thought, oh no. So this afternoon I've got a sore throat. I'll have to take some extra C and echinacea. I'm so sleep deprived so that's not helping.

Mikie: Sounds like you need to SLEEP it off. I get spacey when I don't have enough sleep. I'm actually debating about taking 1/2 a benedryl this eve. I'm still up and down all night.

Granni: Hope you found your tickets.

I talked to the lady in charge of the art sale today, she said I've been selling, though I don't know how many. I've priced things low. Can't keep everything and was trying to lighten up around here.....and I can always continue to paint.

sunflowergirl

Julie: Poor Lindsey.....I really feel for her. Is she getting teeth pulled or what? I know someone who got quite a lot of teeth pulled so she could get implants. Couldn't eat for months and lost a lot of weight, obviously. But with her the gums have to heal. I think it took over 6 mos. I know you mentioned how pregnancy drains a body. I had good teeth until PG with me also. How cute that th little neighbor girls invited you to come over and play with them. They know a soft touch!

Star: Good to see you!!!!! I've been thinking about you and wondering how your counseling is going. I think the last time you said you had gone to one but the counselor was then on vacation, so have you been back? Sorry about the flu hitting everyone. We've got the "cold" variety around here. My DD was sick over 5 days. I was at CVS this morning and I asked the clerk how she was. She said she's got the sniffles and I thought, oh no. So this afternoon I've got a sore throat. I'll have to take some extra C and echinacea. I'm so sleep deprived so that's not helping.

Mikie: Sounds like you need to SLEEP it off. I get spacey when I don't have enough sleep. I'm actually debating about taking 1/2 a benedryl this eve. I'm still up and down all night.

Granni: Hope you found your tickets.

I talked to the lady in charge of the art sale today, she said I've been selling, though I don't know how many. I've priced things low. Can't keep everything and was trying to lighten up around here.....and I can always continue to paint.

I don't know if this will post......I'm seeing this orange bar going across the PH site and blinking orange lights. This is something new.

rockgor

Morning Fellow Porchers

Nothing new under the sun to report. But in 1969 there was something new on top ah the moon. That sure seems like a long time ago.
Sun, The blinking orange lights are gone. At least from my machine. Remember dreamcycles? They were orange. At least on the outside. Haven't had one, or even thought of one for decades. Nice to hear that your stuff is
appreciated and purchased.

Granni, great that the new appliances are working. Any sign of the missing tickets? I lose things all day long, but
they usually show up quickly. It's just that I absently set stuff down without thinking about it. Gordon has a new
rheumatologist too. He got one, didn't like him, and switched. Ratbane! The font changed again. Barry, I realize
you can't see the change because I fixed it. When you and Richard come for a visit I will let you wrassel with this rascal.

Julie, I love the name Squirrely Dude. Sounds like a cartoon character. "I love Squirrely Dude. He brightens my mood"
folks will say. Regarding Duckie, she said at various times that she was very busy with special projects at work. I
checked the board to see if she said anything more specific in her last post, but all her posts have been removed.

I don't think Mikie urred when she said occurred. She's like Orrville Redenbacher churning out popcorn. Never stops.
She doesn't even need help from SV or Alexa. Mikie, I just watched a short video on You tube about the Lucy-Desi marriage. Said what you previously posted. I think women would be better off if they stopped being interested in
"bad boys" because they are "so exciting". but I doubt they're interested in my opinion.

Ok, tired of fighting with this electronic monster. Going back to bed.

Rock

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Rock and Julie: I also like the name "squirrelly dude". It feels like a good strong term, fun to say. I'll have to keep that in the back of my mind for future use.

Funny how some words seem to just stick in our vocabulary like DUDE, COOL (don't know if that's really in vogue because it took me a long time to wrap my tongue around it) AWESOME. (that one is totally overused). Another term that I'm hearing more of and am SICK of it......unpack. A lot of politicians, teachers, pastors, etc. seem to be using this term. It basically means to open up information and get it out to the public or whoever.

There are a few "bad boys" that appeared in my life. My brain said NO, but my heart had different ideas. My head and sensibilities won out. I still think about and wonder what my life would have been if I had followed my heart.

Were you ever able to read my last story? Mikie said she couldn't open it totally, and Julie said she wasn't able to see the bottom pages. I have an Ipad and I can scroll up and down just by touching the screen. I just don't know how to put it on using my large computer. I'm like you, can't understand this blame contraption. I got an email from microsoft yesterday saying any help from them is stopping come january and I had better back up anything. Don't know how to do that so will have to get some help from my DS. I have a ton of old photos stored on there so need to attack that part of it and do some printing of special ones I would want to save.

I had a stomach ache for hours yesterday....of course, just when I needed this body to cooperate. I only ate some papaya last night, no other food to speak of. Went to bed with a heating pad on my stomach but feeling a tad better this morning, except for the stiff muscles and headache I usually wake up with.

As to Duckie, I said months ago that she had flown the coop, then Mikie emailed her, I think she came back and posted once that she was busy and then nothing more.

Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids,

Didn't sleep the second half of the night into early morning. I finally gave up and read. Didn't finish the book but am close. It's gotten a lot better and I'm glad I got it. Some romance and some drama. Lots of emotion at the losses people suffered in WWII. I am always in awe of Mom and her generation. They came together and fought a long war to save the world. With the wealth and technology we have today, we could solve the world's problems if we were to come together again like that. It would be worth it if we could achieve peace, put a stop to climate change (or at least sloooow it down), and cure diseases. All it takes is the will to do it and the will to sacrifice.

Sun, I pray we both sleep better and feel better. I am able to open the pages but, like with Julie, part of the page is off the screen and I can't scroll or resize them to fit. New basic iPads aren't expensive. I'd consider getting one but I have so many computers and tablets now that I can't justify it. I can't seem to figure out how to get my pics from the iPhone to my computer. If I want to post one, I guess I'll just post from the phone. There are some overused words and phrases that I get really sick of. Think I've mentioned that people on TV keep interjecting, "Right?" every time they say anything. They use the word, granular, when speaking of something detailed. They say, organic, instead of grass root or for something that really wasn't planned.
The worst is when they interject, "Sort of," for an advective or adverb. They don't use it for something that is sort of; they use it for everything they talk about. It's not just the younger pundits. Seems everyone is too lazy to come up with his or her own language ability. Next I'll be sitting outside yelling at kids to get off the grass. Glad your art is selling.

Julie, good to get a nice newsy post from you. I also like Squirrely Dude. Who knows where he stands in the ranks of the other kitties. Or, he may just not want to signal to them that he has a good deal going on in the house. Cats have a lot of pride and he may not want the others to think he depends on the kindness of humans. When the girls were growing up, everyone let their cats outside and there were a lot of them in the hood. Kitty sociology is fascinating. One of our cats was the leader of the pack. His smaller and softer brother was the hanger-on wannabe. Tweety was the boss and protector and SV was the weaker of the two. The cats in our old hood would gather and sit in a circle. If one had a kill, he would bring it to the center of the circle to show off his hunting prowess. He would dance with the kill, tossing it into the air. Each of the others would have a shorter dance with the kill and move on. Poor little Tommy Cat would go last and do the minimum required to interact with the kill. Yes, the curd pun was intentional. Thought for sure Rock would pick up on it. That's so cute that the little girls want you to play with them.

Granni, Duckie has had a lot on her plate between work and family. If memory serves, they had something going around in the family. I had hoped she would return to the Porch. I have sent a request to St. Anthony to help you find the tickets. I usually ask for his help and, if he doesn't come through right away, I tell him I'm confident he will whisper the location to me. He usually works fast but, if I have to wait, whatever is lost usually shows up or I remember where I put it. He is amazing. I have a little note to myself on the medicine shelf of my cupboard to 'Be Mindful.' It's important when I can't remember whether I took something. Good luck getting an appt. with the rheumy. The ones here are busy as can be with all us old people with arthritis. My fingers were sooo stiff when I started typing this.

Rock, I'm so impressed that you fixed the font. I've found that if I set the font and then type, I have to be careful making new paragraphs or I'll lose the font to the default. What I usually do is highlight, copy and set the font when I'm ready to post. I've found that backspacing will often pull the whole line and leave a one-space indent on the left margin. That happened last time they updated the website and they fixed it. I hate to whine about something so small so haven't mentioned it. You are right. I didn't err, I swear, when I used the word, occurd. You are spot on about the Bad Boys. Why are we attracted to them? Even though my marriage to a womanizer failed, I don't wish I hadn't married him. I have my wonderful daughters and family. Same with my Mom's failed marriage to my biological father who abandoned us when I was a baby. It all worked out even though it was difficult growing up without a father and it was difficult for Mom raising me by herself. My kids meant the world to my Mom. Had I grown up in NE, I would never have met my ex and wouldn't have my kids. Deepak Chopra is right; everything is as it is supposed to be. Glad to see you are taming that electronic beast.

OK, this has turned into a true W&P post so will bid y'all adieu. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

lydia1

Oh wow! It worked, lol! I pulled this image off my facebook "folder", but didn't click on the actual picture...just left it the size it was. Never too old to learn something new, true? We started doing this particular "pose" three years ago...I even happened to have the same outfit on in either two or all of them, lol!

Sorry I can't stay right now, but wanted to pop in and say "Hi"...will be back later.

27851567952215296.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I've taken new screen shots of my story, "estate sale no early birds" so hoping you can now read it. Is there words under the pictures: Thumbnail/full image? Or is it just on what I see.IMG_4024.PNGIMG_4026.PNGIMG_4027.PNGIMG_4028.PNGIMG_4029.PNGIMG_4030.PNGIMG_4031.PNGIMG_4032.PNGIMG_4033.PNG