PORCH #1153 IS NOW OPEN (9/6/19) | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH #1153 IS NOW OPEN (9/6/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Julie, wish I had a touchscreen laptop. I could stretch the pic so I could see it better. I am having a really difficult time seeing and am pretty sure the cataracts have grown. I'm seeing a spot in my right eye and am going to call the eye doc. I can tell that the kids are really growing up. What kind of oral surgery is Lindsey having?

Sun, I feel so bad. No matter what I do, I cannot scroll or size the pages. Since Julie is having the same problem, I can only think it's our computers or software. I hate it that you've gone to so much trouble. I'd love to be able to read your story. There are no words under the images of the pages. You are on one coast and I am on the other but we are like entangled particles in quantum physics. Seems that we mirror each other in so many things. Today, I'm sitting here with the heating pad on my stomach. I woke with a horrible headache and it's not going away. I know this is just a continuation of whatever virus we seemed to have picked up.

I have so much that needs doing in here before I have to have my colonoscopy on Fri. and go get my skin check and go to the lab. I already reset the skin check because of the hurricane. I didn't make another lab appt. and I need to do that. Gonna go get the ice pack for my head. Good grief!

Love, Mikie

bct

Hi All.
STAR, so good to see you!.. The flu is a mean bug isn't it. I haven't had it in years, but I do get a yearly vax for the variety that's going around always. I know how it can wipe you out, and miserable. Well, I'm wiped out and miserable all the time anyway :eek:o_O.

Too many maladies. M.E., Chronic lymphocytic leukemia, periphirel neuropathy, hypogonadism, blocked carotid arteries, cataract, and ..... depression. I pity all of you that I know have a lot of pain problems. Today I woke early, couldn't get back to sleep, headache (rare for me). All the d******* meds I take all seem to have dizziness, fatigue, blurry vision as side effects. Fatigue, piled on top of fatigue from M.E. (CFS). My ME started slowly in 1994, increased yr to yr. Extremely high Epstein Barr levels (HHV-4).

The sun is late this morn, and the hot weather is subsiding. I'm going to rest today as much as I can. Must check the apples though; the trees are laden with fruit and the golden delish and Pink Pearls might be ready.... so a wander through my garden that is now a jungle behind the house should be fruitful.

Richard rescued a little ring-necked snake from the cats, and I hope it will be alright. Such a beautiful little snake with a brilliant orange underneath. When scared they'll display their bellies like that to scare off predators, hopefully.

Gosh Mikie, I had forgotten about SV's fountain. What was the "stuff" that you had to clean out? Our furbies all drink out of the same bowl. Sylvie wanted to stay in the house y-day for a change, snuggled against me when I took my R&R == read and rest (on the bed). Lennie usually naps with me on the bed too. Monty cat is the most vocal cat I have ever known. He talks back when spoken to, and is always making little mews and chirps. Both cats spend the night outside (their choice), but are eagerly waiting in the morning on the front door step to run in for their brekky. Then they want to race back outside and bask in the sun .... or hunt. Actually, Monty caught the snake, didn't harm it, R showed it to me, I told him what it was, and it was released into some dense brush.

Ah, Julie. So glad to hear from you. How much work you do! I am envious! But then I am a feeble old man, but still trying to dance in the rain....
Squirrely Dude ... what interesting antics. Are any of your other cats friendly/tame? Named? And I've been wondering how Oreo is doing. I was so worried for you guys because of the heatwaves, flooding, and I don't know what else. I am a WORRYWORT! Blessings to you and yours.

Sun, I'm glad your art has been selling. How "low"is low? By the way, when I post or like, I also see an orange moving light at the very top of the screen. C'est normal, je pense. (Oh my French is so dreadful! I'm just having a bit of fun.

Well, I feel like I've gotta get up and start doing push-ups (I wish).etc.

Love to All, Granni, Spring, and my mind just blanked out as the sun came out....
Barry

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Well, as Rock says, ratbane. I personally could use some more colorful words though....lol. I've often thought I need to purge my language and have tried to come up with ones that feel good....with strength when you utter them.....like pickles and pigs? Although ratbane can really be spit out good.

I also can't see Julie's pic. It's too small and when I use my screen to enlarge it, it becomes blurry.

I slept with a heating pad on my stomach most of the night. This morning feeling wiped out. I'm going to go to the art sale for a little bit to check things out. As of yesterday the lady who owns the building hadn't sold anything. going to check today and if. She still hasn't, i may purchase one of hers. I know how disheartening it can be not to sell something when others are.

lydia1

Not sure what's going on with the pic...I had tried to post it the same way I've been doing for years, but then it said it was too big. I just added a "thumbnail" and when I clicked on it, it showed up on a black screen...maybe that will work? Sorry.

lydia1

Playing around with pics...weird, that this one loaded and it's off my facebook also. My old kitchen, before we moved over to the new part. It's only 6 feet across, lol! Now the laundry room...

lydia1

New kitchen...looks like this pic worked, too. I am so confused, lolol!

How my kitchen usually looks when any of the treasures are here. The whole reason I wanted an island :) Okay, so apparently it's just the pic of me, Den and the grands in the porch swing that won't post. I even tried it again just now because Amy had used it to send a Grandparents' Day greeting to us on facebook...still says it's too big. Technology is great when it works, true? Or when I am smart enough to use it, lol!

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Thought I'd stop in one last time before bed. I'm going to bed early to try to make up for lost sleep. I made a cup of Cafe Cubano to try to help get rid of my headache. Didn't work. I suspect it will just take time. At least, it didn't further upset my stomach. At least, not yet. SV is waiting by the bedroom door. He still likes to race me to bed in the evenings.

Barry, good grief! I don't think I ever realized how many health conditions you have to deal with. I'm so sorry. My Whatever Virus may be EB. It, along with several other Herpes strains, affect many of us with CFIDS/ME. I'm glad you saved the little snake. I like snakes and am not afraid of them. Some of the people here freak out whenever they see anything wilder than squirrels. Je pense ton Francais est magnifique, mon frere. My French is tres rusty. SV's fountain gets some black stuff around the hole where it bubbles up and under the pump. It doesn't smell like mold so I'm not sure what it is. It has a charcoal filter and it may just be stuff that comes out of it. I clean the filter and let it dry out and put in the spare when I clean it. The water gets low and I add to it almost daily but it just needs to be cleaned and refilled weekly. Glad your critters like to snuggle down with you. For me, it's heaven to have fur critters snooze with me.

Julie, great pics. Your kitchen is so nice and bright. I think I have the same lights in mine. Are yours LED? Love the giant gingerbread man. I'm donating a huge gingerbread woman cookie cutter to the thrift store. DD took the gingerbread man cookie cutter. Such sexism! What amazing progress you and Den have made in your place. DD just sent pics of the drywall work she and DSIL have been doing in their basement they are finishing. Their house is huge but I guess not huge enough. It will be nice for them to have space for Andy to entertain his friends now that he is in high school. Thanks for sharing the pix.

Sun, I feel as though this may be lifting a bit but I've thought I was over this crud before and it keeps rearing its ugly head. I hope we both feel better. No matter how many words I try to come up with to stop my swearing, in the heat of battle, I go back to the old standbys. Guess I could take a clue from Barry's French and just yell, Merde, when I am angry. Then I can say, "Pardon my French."

OK, Kids, I'm outta here. Have a great evening.

Love, Mikie

• Love
Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

Julie: Love the industrial look! The cookie Party" or whatever they were doing looks like it was a little serious. Did they find it fun? Or maybe end of the day tiredness. I don't understand why my second story wouldn't copy and the first one did....go figure.

Barry: I didn't know about the leukemia so had to look it up. From what I read it contributes to fatigue. My SIL's mom has a type of blood leukemia (cancer) but she said they're watching it and she's taking meds to help keep it under control, before it goes wild. Bad side effects though and has to be close to a bathroom...just in case. And the artist friend who lent us their building today has a sister who is dying from blood leukemia....has weeks to live. So if you had to pick a leukemia, you got the better choice.

I deal with the Fm over 30 years which a lot of doctors think CFS is the same thing only we have more pain than fatigue. After a lot of lab tests about 6 years ago showed I may deal with adrenal fatigue,that's why when my BP is low in the mornings I take some salt. Then came a heart problem and get erratic heart beat......refused a pace maker that time so the doctor told me to just live with it. That was after the 3 Csections and an ovarian cyst operation. Add essential tremors (thats hard to deal with as my head shakes a lot of the time and can't even write a check in the mornings for the shaking in my hand and arm) positional vertigo (can't lay down except on left side so at this point I've refused ALL tests anymore, period) a rare form of COPD (bronchiectisis) which makes me cough a lot and wheeze, meniers, TMJ and I almost forgot neck and back pain from stenosis, then of course the big one...bladder cancer. There's others but many times I just don't think about what i deal with and go from hour to hour doing the best I can. We're all on a down hill slide and have to make the best of what we've been given.

So you can compare yourself to healthier ones you know but there are always always others who have it worse. One of my artist friend's DH bicycled to the sale today....he's turning 80 and he does 100 miles a week!!!!! He looks like he weighs all of about 130 lbs. and is around 5'5". He's had a brain tumor once, discovered when he had a seizure while on his bike. I would have been afraid to get back on, but he had surgery and he's fine, aside being diabetic. And he's a volunteer fireman. You gotta admire his stamina, I know I do.

I ended up selling 6 paintings today.....6 more that i don't have to worry about. I'm really tired but since I have trouble sleeping more than 3 hrs. Stretches Or so at a time I don't want to go to bed too early. a lot of the time I listen to a favorite pastor I've copied in my Ipad, speaking quietly in the background. Funny...it's happened several times that I will be dreaming and incorporate this pastor into my dream. I remember back in the 60s that students were told that this is a handy way to learn things like languages while they sleep.

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Slept a bit later this morning but spent the last hour reading. I finished The Beantown Girls and started the author's first book, The Saturday Evening Girls' Club. The blurb on the author said she left the high tech area to write novels. She likes historical fiction which is one of my favorite genres but what I really enjoy is that she is a story teller. She writes from the first person perspective of the leading character. I often favor a narrative style but she does first person so well. Jane Healy is the author and she has a PhD. She has written books on children's developing minds and ADD. I hope she continues to write her novels. The book I'm reading on ADD is being very helpful in answering questions about why my mind acts the way it does and how it affects my communicating. I am already doing what the book suggests--simplifying my life until it is just right for me. As it is, I'm struggling to do that. Hopefully, when this virus lets go of me and I get these appointments out of the way, things will smooth out a bit.

Sun, you also have a long list of conditions you deal with. My CFIDS/ME was triggered by a mycoplasma infection 30 years ago. Twenty years ago, a car accident triggered my FMS. Ten years ago, I developed the Sjogren's. Instead of the Fruit of The Month Club, I seem to be a member in good standing of the Disease of The Decade Club. I'd like to resign my membership. I just hope I don't pick up another condition as I near another decade. I have enough on my plate. You do too and your conditions and Barry's are more serious than mine. All of us have too much on our plates. Congratulations on selling your paintings. Lucky buyers!

OK, I'm off to read the paper. I need to get into the shower so, if the eye doc wants to see me, I'll be ready to go. I doubt this is serious but I'm not gonna take a chance with my eyesight. Hope all y'all have a wonderful start to your week.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

rockgor

Morning Friends,

Sun, I was able to finish your story today. The last time I was reading it I stopped at the page that started with "The
time has come". Reminded me of Ricky who said it when the gang was embarking for the hospital and the arrival of
Little Ricky. Whoever thought of having Desi toss the phone in the suitcase was a comic genius. Congrats on
selling 6 paintings. Always nice to be appreciated.

I think the walrus said something like, The time has come to talk of many things. Of ships and sails and sealing wax
and cabbages and Kings. Somebody said, "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party." We
used to type that in typing class. I was the only boy in the class. When I was in college I was glad I knew how to
type. It was a common belief that typers got better grades on their papers.

Anyhoo your story was a splendid bit of nostalgia and love of family.

Julie, I'm delighted that you were able to get your pictures posted. Your kitchen is beautiful and so is your family.
Gordon used to post pics of his orchids and some other flowers. Now any time he tries he is told "Too many Pixels".
That's a big gingerbread man. We used to make gingermen and Christmas cookies in various shapes. Although we
couldn't do anything artistic such as Sun, our creations were edible.

Mikie, I noticed (and admired) your curdled pun, but forgot to comment. As the great poet Thurston Templeton
wrote, "In this life we often fail when we don't drink our ginger ale. Never heard of café Cubano. Are the grounds
shaped like little cubes? Does it go well with a square meal? Did Carmen Miranda sing about it in an MGM movie?

Barry, never heard of an American snake that was ring necked (related to the pheasant?) with an orange belly. Was
gonna search on the net for a pic, but as usual forgot all about it. You know the name? I hope you feel better soon.
Does Richard have any ailments?

The only thing on our calendar today that I know about is the library. We have several books to pick up which is good
because I picked out some duds previously. Even if you're in the land of milk and honey. That BTW is a song
from a Broadway musical set in Israel. You can hear it on YouTube.

Hugs, Rock

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I'm ready to go but can't go in til 1:45 this afternoon. I'm just glad I can get in to make sure this little spot is nothing. Maybe the doc can tell me whether I'm ready for cataract surgery. Still don't feel up to par. Whine, whine, whine!

Rock, the reason I thought you'd catch the pun is our mutual love of all things lemon. It wasn't the world's greatest pun but I gets me my puns where I can. You remain the world champ. Also like your play on the cafe Cubano. Wonder what kind of painting Picasso would have done of a cup of it in his Cubist style. I love most all things Cuban except for the lack of freedom of the people there. Miami throbs to a Cuban beat and it's wonderful. The coffee is a great pick-me-up. Turns out that caffeine is good for us, at least, in the current mindset of those who tell us what is good for us. Not sure it's good for my osteopenia though. Did you get those books put on hold? Hope so.

OK, gonna go check for spammers and check my email. There were three spammers when I stopped in first thing this morning. They post at even odder hours than some of us and it makes me think they may be foreign. A lot of scammers are in Eastern Europe and African countries but they can be anywhere. Hope all y'all have a great start for the week.

Love, Mikie

lydia1

Good morning, friends! I typed the post below last night before going to bed...apparently forgot to send it, lol! I'll try it now, then see if I can catch up.

Hi everyone! Tucked my hubby in a couple hours ago...he's going to his part time job tomorrow, so likes to get enough sleep when he has to get up before 5:00 am. I made his lunch (and breakfast smoothie and eggs, sausage, etc. to heat up) and set the coffee to come on early, then just relaxing on the computer. Amy sent pics and a video of Keira's first volleyball game...she did great and had such a fun time! Must have been pretty tired, though...their youth group girls had a sleepover at the youth pastors' house last night, then met up with their families at church this morning. The game was at 2:30 this afternoon, so maybe Keira had a chance to rest a bit after church and lunch.

Sun, I think the cookie decorating pic shows a combination of all those things...deep concentration and trying to decide how to decorate, the never ending fatigue that many parents of young children have, and the fact that it was probably close to bedtime. The kiddos had a blast (this was taken last November at our early Christmas celebration when the Tennessee gang was here) and have already asked to do it again. I baked two big ones ahead of time, then a batch of smaller ones while everyone was here. We'll have Christmas early again this year...I think David has vacation the first week of November. I am nearly finished with my shopping and have quite a few gifts wrapped already...Keira and I got a good start on it when she was here a few weeks ago.

The island is actually two workbenches situated back to back. I found them on clearance at our local home supply store and thought the heavy drawers would be perfect for lots of things. The plan was to replace them when Den had time to make an actual island, but I like this so much I don't want anything else. He is going to make a top out of the huge ash tree we had to cut last year...took it to our Amish neighbor's sawmill and had it cut into two inch thick lumber. The new top will be a bit bigger so people have a little more "leg room" while sitting at the island. We're still trying to "repurpose" things around the farm whenever we can...less expensive, and adds to the sentimental value.

Yes, you have a whole string of ailments, too. But you and so many others get so much done, in spite of dealing with everything. Hope you start getting better and more sleep. Glad several of your paintings, etc. sold...encouraging, true?

Mikie and Sun, I keep forgetting to answer your question about Lindsey...she needs several teeth pulled. Each pregnancy caused more problems and she just couldn't keep up with fillings, etc. I think the plan is to do them all at once...ouch! Yes, the kitchen lights are LED...all the new ones we've bought are that way, and we're gradually replacing the old fixtures, too. It will be nice for Andy to have space for himself and his friends. We always liked when the girls brought their peeps home with them...helped us to get to know them all and to know what our kiddos were up to, lol!

Well, I see that it's past midnight...I should probably say a quick "Hi" to everyone else and get myself to bed. I'll set my alarm so I can get up earlier and work on some of the other projects I've been shifting to the back burner while helping Den on the house, etc. We've had such beautiful weather the past few days...left the air off and opened windows. Many years, fall is my favorite season, for sure...I love the crisp days of cooler weather. Of course, that just means winter is right around the corner, but we always make it through, lol!

sunflowergirl

Mikie; Good luck today at the eye doc. I've also got cataracts starting, it's that age. Hey....I was diagnosed with osteopenia over 20 years ago, was given one of those meds. To help with it. Then I read the AWFUL side effects that could happen with it and went cold turkey and gave it up. I try to eat the right calcium foods, but probably not doing enough.

By the way, I just posted a concise list of ALL the things experienced from Fm. Everyone should read it and understand why they're getting "strange' symptoms, when in fact it's all related to the central nervous system that's doing it to us.

lydia1

Hi again! Sitting here with my first cup of coffee...set my alarm, but kept turning it off and going back to sleep, lol! Funny that Josiah asked me to get him an alarm clock for Christmas. Lindsey has herself and the kids on a regular "school day" schedule...she gets up at 5:30 to get her day started with a shower, then a "cup of tea and Jesus"...often out on the deck with a kitten or two on her lap. Then she starts breakfast and the kiddos start wandering out of their rooms to eat, do chores and start school. Breakfast is at 7:00 and the kids usually just play quietly in their rooms and don't disturb Mom (or Dad, who just got home from work and sometimes just getting to sleep.) Josiah wants his own alarm clock so he can know when it's time to eat, lol! Of course, that's how their school days are planned...it all changes if someone is sick or something else comes up. But I give Lindsey credit for trying. Often, David is still up (or just getting back from a run) so he helps with breakfast, school, whatever needs done before he goes to bed.

The clock I got Josiah is digital, but we also bought them a "teaching clock" to use in the classroom...it has the regular numbers and hands, and marks the minutes in "5 minute increments." And some play money that looks and feels very real so they can play store and learn how to "count back change", etc. When we had the hardware store, my girls counted back change to the customers...but Den still used the cash register to tell him what to give back, lol!

Sun, that's the scary part about prescription meds...so many side effects. My mom's doctors (where they used to live) had her on so many different medications and some of the meds were counteracting each other or doing the same things as others on the list. When I started bringing my parents to a doctor where I live, he gradually got Mom off of some of the things and she became more alert and her quality of life improved (until the dementia symptoms started, at least.) Some meds save lives, of course. Thanks for the list of symptoms...so hard to pinpoint what's going on.

Mikie, Lindsey has done a lot of research on autism, ADD, ADHD, etc...it all comes back to the "gut". I believe gut health to be so important. And, I hadn't thought about it, but I'm sure you're right on track with simplifying your life. I can even see that related to gut health...less stuff, less stress, less gut problems? I may be stretching a bit, but I'll bet it's all related somewhat. And...when I did an elimination diet a few weeks ago, then added things back in (one at a time to watch for any reaction or sensitivity) I discovered I have to be careful with wheat. I was going over a book I've had for years (Wheat Belly, by Dr. William Davis) and he mentioned that wheat can cause lots of symptoms, such as "anger issues", etc. Josiah had been having tantrums/outbursts, even though he's a very sweet and loving child. I mentioned the wheat connection to Lindsey and she did some experimenting...they can tell a definite difference in his behavior. When we were down there, I bought some "gluten free" things for him and he really appreciated it...what 5 year old understands things like that, lol! But, of course, store bought gluten free items aren't necessarily "healthy" or budget friendly...so we've got to work on different kinds of "wheat substitutes" (for me and Josiah...my symptoms were more "brain fog and stomach cramps".) But....I can't give up using wheat altogether...my husband loves his bread, biscuits, etc (especially since I make them from my own sourdough starter.) He'll eat the substitutes, but prefers the real things.

Mikie, thanks for checking and "disposing of" the spammers...a shame some people have nothing better to do with their time than go on forums and mess with people.

Rock, thanks for the kind words regarding my "crew" and kitchen. I spend so much time in the kitchen, the grandkids even notice. When we were in Tennessee, Lorraine said, "I feel like we're at Grandma and Grandpa's!" I asked her to explain and she said because "Grandma's in the kitchen and there's lots of food, and Grandpa's in the "shop" right next door" (Den had set up his saws, etc. in one of the bedrooms.) Glad our kiddos will have comforting memories of us, lol!

I'll think of you when my Amish neighbor calls for me to take them to the midwife...and I'll try to take a minute to let you all know "The time has come" ;) Speaking of libraries, Lorraine was so proud to show me her very own library card...she's very interested in Nancy Drew mysteries right now. I had her mom's old Nancy Drew books, but they smelled musty/mildewy, so I got rid of them and will look for some new ones.

So, I just heated up my second cup of coffee and better get to work. I know coffee is not that great for the adrenals, but I only drink it for the "cinnamon vanilla creamer" that I use, lol! I've tried to make my own healthy creamer, but can't get it right...so if this is my only "vice" then that's not so bad. And, I found a recipe for making a copy of Starbucks Caramel Frappachino (Keira and Amy love them...I've tried them, but get too much of a "sugar rush") Keira actually prefers my homemade version to any of the store bought...go figure, lol!

Glad I planned to work in the house (upstairs) today. We just had a lovely, but "determined" rain shower. I found my "joy of mowing" again, so look forward to spending time riding "mindlessly", lol, around the yard every week. Actually, I'm finding my joy in "life in general" again after spending the spring and summer grieving for my daddy. Trying to function (and even do "extra" stuff, like hosting family that we haven't seen in years, etc.) while suffering from the depression caused by grief...well, that was rough, friends. Anyway, thanks for hanging in there with me...you guys are as much family as some of my actual family. Take care and "Hi" to everyone!

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just sitting here waiting to get ready to go. I don't have to leave for another hour. My stomach is still upset and I just feel out of it a bit. I may take a nap if I don't feel well when I get home.

Sun, those drugs for osteoporosis have horrible side effects, mainly old brittle bones that fracture, especially the femur. I can't take extra vitamin C because of the kidney stones. I get it in my multi vitamins. Even the extra vitamin D will likely help my messed up bod to make more stones and not bones. Damned if I do and damned if I don't. I figure I can get the stones blasted but have to have healthy bones. Do you take any extra vitamin D3? It should help. So does weight bearing exercise which I don't get much of. I'll be at the pool in the morning. It's better than nothing. Thanks for posting the symptoms of FMS. I'll check it out. Thanks also for your good wishes at the eye doc.

Julie, I'll pray for Lindsey and hope everything goes well. Pregnancy is hard on the bones too. There was a politician on TV and his wife is pregnant with their ninth child. Yikes! Last one was born with holes in his heart and will have to have open heart surgery. That is so sad and such a lot to deal with. I worry that new people might not realize the spammers may not be legit or worse. PH has such good products and they screen them so carefully that I hate to think spammers come here to try to ride their coat tails for free advertising. My main motivation is to keep the boards safe for our members and guests. That is so cute that Josiah wants an alarm clock so he knows when to eat. Funny but I stopped wearing watches because I always had my cell phone. I got the Apple watch not for telling time but for the health features. There are a ton of watch faces to select from, some plain and some with lots of info. I wanted the one with all the info but it is an analog face. I almost had to learn to tell time all over again. Doh! We are getting almost no rain here in the jungle. There are a lot of high systems in play and the hurricane seriously sucked all the moisture out of the area when it passed through. I went gluten free for a while, long enough to give it a good go, but it didn't seem to matter. The health of the gut does affect every other system in our bods. I am looking forward to finding out the health of my colon after the test. The prep, not so much. :eek:

OK, Guys, really need to go. I'll let y'all know what the eye doc has to say.

Love, Mikie

lydia1

Taking a break to eat a huge green salad for lunch...lots of lettuce, organic black beans, some sliced Baby Bella mushrooms, sprinkle of shredded co-jack cheese and some baked chicken strips. Would be cool to have a "Master Salad Maker" to prep all my salads for me...with lots of variety, cause I tend to do the same old thing, lol!

Mikie, prayers and good thoughts for you to have a great eye appointment. I'm a little younger than a lot of cataract patients, but glad I got mine both done. My little brother (five years younger than me...he's 56) had his done even before I did. Middle brother (age 59) hasn't had any problems at all.

Yep, Lindsey had to finally quit letting her kids use her kitchen as a "fast food restaurant", eating non-stop during the day. And if they know to wait till 7:00 am to "bother mama"... that lets her get her day started and then their day started on a relaxed and happy note. But, she's still flexible and knows if the schedule needs to be adjusted...Josiah HAS to eat when he first gets up or he gets "Hangry"...Lindsey and Lorraine can postpone breakfast for quite awhile, the twins are somewhere in the middle. I tell both my girls that blood sugar can be a big issue to watch out for...if any of the kiddos start to get grumpy while around me, I make a note of when they last ate.

Lindsey's due date would have been at the end of this month, so she's feeling a little emotional. And apparently, the kids were so excited to "have a new baby for Christmas"...so the loss affected the whole family. Then there's Amy...wanting a baby so badly...but it helps that they have a new granddaughter (one of Clinton's other daughters) and Amy babysits for the new mama on her mid-week day off.

Well, break's over...Lindsey called while I was eating so I put her on speaker phone and continued my lunch, lol! Den called and he's working by himself, wiring the boss's new house. Den may not get a lot of extra work once this house is finished, but that's okay. He needs to be able to relax more and work around here at his own pace. We've had to make some adjustments to our budget since he retired, but I'd rather have a "less stressed" and healthier husband than the money, anyway. Will check in later...

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Good news! Retina is fine. The vitreous gel starts to liquify as we age and mine is starting to do that. It's normal but could splain the spot I've been seeing. Doc said I definitely did the right thing to come in. If I start seeing more floaters or have flashes of light in my vision, I'm to call immediately. Same if my peripheral vision closes in or I see more spots. Two cousins went blind by my age with a retinal condition so we make sure it stays healthy. Doc got a new machine to take photos of the eyes. He's always been on the cutting edge with treatments and diagnostic tools. This machine does the photos in quadrants and is so much more detailed. Cataracts haven't changed much so doubt I'll be having them removed. I don't want surgery but I'd welcome ditching these glasses.

Julie, thanks for the prayers. I appreciate them. I miscarried with my first child early on but I always think about her and wonder what her life would have been like. Yes, grieving is a big part of it. I'm sorry it's been so hard for everyone. Little ones are so precious, even when they never got a chance to experience life. I'll pray for comfort and peace for your family. It's sad for Amy that she hasn't been able to get pregnant. She is being a great Mom to both Keira and Miley and it's good she has the grandbaby to love but I know it isn't the same. My DD and DSIL have accepted that they won't have children. DD said they figured they were put on Earth to do other things. She is the one who works with children who have suffered such horrible abuse. I'm not sure she could do it if she had children of her own.

She also works with kids with ADD and ADHD. Different medical professionals have different strengths. Her is prescribing which is so important when kids have to be on medication. Like with so many things in life, I don't understand the meaning and purpose of losing children but I do have faith that there is a reason and purpose. When it's time for me to 'go home,' I look forward to meeting my first child. I didn't eat lunch so am going to go get a nice leafy salad. You've made me hungry for one.

Its gawd awful hot out there, about 94. Almost passed out when I came out of the doc's office. I'm glad I asked SV to come inside before I left. He complained loud and long but I didn't have to go out there to make him come in. Two guys in the parking lot managed to lock their truck and it wasn't in the shade. They were out there waiting for road service. I sent up a little prayer for them as I left. Poor guys. SV is curled up on the back of the loveseat in the cool A/C. I'm neither a mad dog nor an Englishman and I shouldn't be out in the midday sun.

Love, hugs and prayers to everydobby,
Mikie

lydia1

Hi gang! Started to check in while fixing supper, but the spaghetti water started to boil and I had to tend to it. So...here is is, nearly 11:30 pm and I'm pooped.

Mikie, I'm so glad you got a good report with your eyes. Our first child, a son, was stillborn...I think I've mentioned it here before. I carried him for around 32 weeks, I guess. He was due Feb. 6 and I delivered on New Year's Eve after 22 hours of labor. We knew for about a week that he wasn't alive, but it was still so hard. I think it takes a very special person to work with children or adults with special needs...what a wonderful person your DD is.

Rock, I think you've asked about Oreo and I keep forgetting to mention her. She is very happy being spoiled with life on the farm...chasing cats, burying and digging up favorite bones, being inside or outside (with two "doormen" at her beck and call to open the doors for her, lol!) When we went to Lindsey's and had to board Oreo at the vet's, I bought her some big beef bones when we got back. The other day, she had both bones nearby, but couldn't get to the marrow in the middle. Den took one of the bones over to his chop saw and cut it in half for her...was so funny to watch as she gave him the "stink eye" and followed him around, wondering where he was going with her bone...but it gave her easier access to the yummy part. :)

She and Peace Sign kitty greet each other every morning when Peace Sign comes in or Oreo goes out. Oreo has two dog beds (one in the living room and one at the foot of our bed), a loveseat (facing the south windows in the living room) two thirds of the main couch (for TV time after supper...I get the other third, lol), lots of treats during the day (more than she needs, for sure.) If she's lying around, looking bored, I jiggle her leash and we go on a walk down the lane or around the yard...doesn't matter how far we go, she just likes to be on her leash and go for a walk....even though she has access to the whole farm, it must be more fun to have one of her people along, lol!

Well, I should probably get to bed. Worked upstairs most of the afternoon...a little cleaning and a lot of wrapping Christmas presents. Hoping to be organized enough in case I am at Lindsey's right before they plan to come up here (mid November.) Can't really be two places at the same time, true? Just the drive down there wears me out...

Hope everyone is doing okay...we have had decent weather, but a little warm and going to be warmer the next couple of days. We've been giving the air conditioning (and our budget) a little break for several days now, but I'm going to turn it back on tomorrow...we run the air in our bedroom at night and leave the big one off. I can handle a little bit of heat (for awhile) but ready to get cooled off again, lol!

sunflowergirl

Julie: How tragic that you went thru the entire pregnancy then lost him at the end. Must have been very hard for you two to accept the loss. I lost one pG but was only about 7 weeks along. The test came back negative so I let my doctor give me a shot, which made me lose it. Even at that short time I wonder. Did the doctors say why he died?

Mikie: I agree with Julie. Your DD is a very special person to work with psyche patients. I feel God had his reasons. When I was in HS we got extra credit if we toured a local mental institution so one mother drove 5 of us there. It was VERY VERy hard, so bad that I had to go back to the car and locked myself in. I can still remember that "smell" that seemed to be in every building. I remember one large room with microcephalic or macrocephalic children in their cribs. I was more than shocked.

Just recently a nephew's DD, age 24 died. She had the mental capacity of a two year old. They had been told years ago that they should institutionize her but they decided to keep her at home. I can't imagine how their life was.

I had a shingles shot yesterday so I'm feeling like in a bad flair....apparently normal side effect. I'm pretty sure that i dodged shingles twice in the past. Woke early in the morning with painful eruptions, so read up on it on the internet and it said to cover them with clear fingernail polish which I did. If interested look up Dr. Gott. I had been thinking about the vaccine since chemo weakens the immune and the a few weeks ago a fellow artist got the shot. Her arm was badly bruised looking, I asked if her DH had beat her! Said she had gotten the shot, and on sunday it was still black and blue, over 3 weeks. This shot is different from what used to be available.....gotta have two of them so the next will be in 2-6 mos. I decided to get it now since I'm between chemo.

Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids,

Got up at 3:30. I still got six hours of sleep but that's not really enough. My sleep hasn't been good and it's contributing to my brain issues. It's not brain fog. It's more like feeling scattered and startled. It was all I could do to keep track of time and get to my appt. yesterday. The eye with the spot feels sore today. I had to really struggle to get the green light in the machine that takes pix of the eyeball on that side. I also had to look up and down and sideways while the doc examined my eyes as he shined a light on them. He uses some kind of scope that allows him to see the back of the eye. I'm so lucky to have this doc and I dread the day he retires. I'm just grateful that he found nothing wrong. Barb had a blood clot that traveled to her eye and she was blinded immediately by it. That shook my world but had it not stopped at her eye, it would have traveled to her brain and killed her. She is like a cat with nine lives. She joked that the only thing she hasn't had is gonorrhea. She has never lost her sense of humor.

Julie, thank you for your kind words about my DD. I honestly don't know how she does what she does. They treat the kids as a team and I don't think they could do it by themselves. Thank God for people who work with those who have been so horribly traumatized. Sometimes, they have to talk to their own therapists to deal with it. I'm so sorry about your child. I can't imagine carrying him that long only to lose him. I miscarried early on. So many people I know have suffered miscarriages. My old boss, flight instructor and good friend lost his beautiful and accomplished DD to an auto accident when she was 31. It was heartbreaking but he and his wife were thankful for those years and that the DD had a chance to do so many good things. Oreo certainly lives the life of Riley but that's part of the fun of having pets. SV will be my last and he may outlive me. Of course, I said that before he came into my life. I wish he still had his sister to play with but she's happy living with Jeff as an only child. She's so awful it's all he can do to put up with her. She's the smartest and orneriest cat I ever met. Don't know how hot it'll be today but I hope it's not as hot as yesterday. Claudia and I will walk in the pool this morning. News said we sleep best if we set our A/C units at 68. Good grief! I have mine at 77 and sleep under a quilt. Don't work too hard out in the heat if you have to mow.

Sun, you're up late or early, can't decide which. Hope you're not having trouble sleeping too. As I said before, we are the human incarnation of Einstein's entangled particles. Thank you for your kind words for my DD too. The children they treat at their practice are not institutionalized. Those in institutions are usually children with such severe medical problems that they have to be cared for 24/7. How awful that you had to see that and be traumatized by it yourself when you were so young. I lost my child at about the same time in the pregnancy as yours. So early but they were still lives and our children. Never thought I'd want children until I lost my first one. I also didn't expect it to affect me so profoundly. Yes, the new shingles shots are the 'new and improved' version. Evidently, the old ones were useless. I'm laughing about the nail polish. I'm wondering whether one could use colored polish to match one's pedicure. Seriously, I hope those eruptions go away and the shot doesn't affect you any more than that.

Yikes, it's supposed to be 93 today. Then, it will settle down to 91 or 92 each day. At that level, even one degree makes a difference. The walk in the pool will feel good. It's already 78 degrees out at about 5:00 a.m. It's this time of year that we realllly look forward to cooler weather, even though it's been a nice summer. Y'all have a good day.

Love, Mikie