PORCH 1154 IS NOW OPEN (9/10/19) | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1154 IS NOW OPEN (9/10/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

lydia1

Thought I'd stop back in a minute...getting a drink, bathroom break, hanging up the load of clothes I put in the washer before I went outside. The mower does a number on my back and neck, but it helps if I remember to sit up straight. Trying to still get in my quota of water and flavored water with sprinkles of salt in the bottles. Den's up on the lower part of the roof...so I'm keeping an eye out in case he needs anything.

Barry, I'm so sorry to hear about your medical problems. My dad's carotids were both blocked...one was 100% and the other quite a bit. Nurses said the blood would "reroute" to still get to the brain, and Dad wasn't very active so there wasn't a lot of stress on his body, in that respect. I can't imagine having a procedure without anesthesia...seems very cruel and unnecessary.

Yes, Oreo is quite the spoiled pup. I remember you saying you give your dogs each a bone once a week, is that right? Oreo is very calm when we have to move her bones, but one of Lindsey's dogs got a little aggressive when she went to relocate "Sweetie's" bone. So, Lindsey said they had to "practice" a few times...with Lindsey giving Sweetie the bone, then requesting it back. Sweetie finally realized that Lindsey wasn't going to take it away for good. Important for the dog to understand, especially with all the kiddos running around.

I used to have such large, beautiful gardens...before I got sick. Did a lot of canning, freezing, made jams, sauces, etc., etc. Then ME/CFS came along and I could barely get up, go to work, come home and crash. Den and I have plans to construct some raised bed gardens once we get the farm cleaned up...might start with just one or two next year, then increase as we have extra time and energy. I get the grands each a tomato plant or flower seeds, so they get to experience the life cycle and learn where food comes from, etc. I know too many kids (and adults) don't really understand where the actual source is...

Break is over...better get back to work. Spring, we will have a rare "Friday, the 13th...full moon" tomorrow. Doesn't happen very often. A nightmare for police and other law enforcement...gives all the "crazies" an excuse to cause trouble.

Take care, everyone! The mower beckons...:cool:

• Love
Reactions: bct

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Progress Report: Just drank the first big glassful of the Colace liquid. They include a lemon flavor pack but I used my own Crystal Lite. It isn't too bad if I gulp it all down in one fell swoop. I've refrigerated it to help improve the taste. I should be able to do this. I remember Katie Couric when she did her colonoscopy on The Today Show. She was gagging on the stuff. They didn't put her all the way out but she held up like a trooper. She turned the death of her husband into something for others so they would know there is no stigma to getting this test. Today, it's just routine for most of us as we age or even younger when people are in a high risk group like me.

Granni, glad you got an appt. Rheumies are hard to get into here too. It was a Rheumie that diagnosed me with FMS and was a champ when it came to filling out my paperwork for disability. I've always had a soft spot for him. I hope if you want the surgery, you can find a good doc and it goes well. Thanks for your kind words about my procedure. I'm sure it will go well. I mixed the concoction with Smart Water so my electrolytes don't get messed up. There is something good about getting cleaned out. Glad your new W&D are working well. My front loader takes a looong time but it usually spins so well that drying is super fast. Seems it is when I get an unbalanced load that it doesn't spin all the water out. This is evidently a problem with the front loaders. Enjoy the Bible study group. Sounds interesting.

AACCKK! Time to go drink another glassful. That time surely flew by fast. Be right back.

Spring, glad you had such a nice visit with your friend. Moon cakes sound so mysterious and delicious. The ones online were very pretty with designs on the top. Don't think we will see the full moon either with that big storm hanging around. Was the same last month. I started to feel weak from only having liquids today so decided to shower and do my hair. The only thing that didn't get done is dusting so I'm not going to worry about it. Clean hair is more important and it came out well. Prayer answered. I keep umbrellas in the condo and the car. I hate getting caught in the rain.

Julie, I usually try to remember to put coupons on the phone. So much easier. Just have to remember to delete them. Publix has coupons you can attach to your phone number. When you check out, you put your phone number in and it credits any coupons attached to that phone no. if you buy the product. Pretty slick. PBS has a show, P. Allen Smith. He lives on a farm and has all kinds of gardens. I had small gardens when the girls were little because, like you, I wanted them to see their food grow. They even had their own little plots. OK, I'm back. Just gulped another glass. Should be done in another hour. I have to drink the last quarter gallon early in the morning. I'll likely get no sleep anyway. It was sourdough bread that DSIL was perfecting when the oven got turned on and ruined it as it was rising. Hope the mowing isn't too hard on your back.

Feeling even weaker and am chilling so am going to sign off. Hope all y'all have a great evening.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Mikie

Good Friday The 13th,

I'm up for my early morning last doses of the Colace. AACCKK!! This has been a difficult purge. Last night, I was chilling and felt really sick but the laxative worked. Guess this early morning last few glasses of it is just in case. I have a blinding headache. Whine, whine, whine. I'll be glad when this is over.

I'll be back later when it's all over. Hope everydobby has a great day.

Love, Mikie

Update: Home again, home again, no polyps. Yes!!! Otherwise, I'd have to repeat in three years instead of five. Good news! Joe was so sweet and came back to recovery when I woke. He took me home and walked me up the stairs to the door. SV was so glad to see me. Already texted good news to Nancy and Claudia. I wanted to let all y'all know first thing too. Thank you all for your kind support.

Last edited:

lydia1

Good luck, Mikie. You're up and getting around, and I'm just heading to bed, lol! Will be waiting to hear how it went.

rockgor

Hi Kids

Mikie, looked for some colonoscopy jokes or cartoons. Found some. None were funny. Hoping along with
everydobby else that all goes well, and the results are positive. Gordon and I have been watching P. Allen as
we call him, for decades. That's some estate he has there. Must have a lot of money. He never stops with various
projects. Is trying to preserve some strains of chickens and ducks that are no longer popular. He also tells viewers
how to cook garden produce, make jam, decorate the table, make place cards, etc.

Julie, why are you going to bed so late? Have you and Dan been out painting the town red? Remember the Lady in
Red and the shooting of John Dillinger? Not too long ago I saw what was said to be a color photo of the event. The
Lady in red was wearing orange in that photo.

Is think you're right about people not knowing much about the growing and production of food. One reads about
kids who grow up some big cities and have never been to a farm or the beach or a museum or a stage play or
a bakery, etc.

I'm going to call my Portland brother again. He seldom writes; when he does he doesn't answer my questions such
as how in your health, did you get e mail I sent about whatever. Gordon called his neighbor a month or two ago.
She said he seems fine. Goes out in his car now and then. If I'

rockgor

Oh, it didn't vanish. It posted all by itself. Kinda like one of those cars that drives itself. Gordon showed me an interesting site he found.
I tried to go there this morning. Doesn't work for me. I'm getting tired of this old story.

Hope ya all have a good day. Rock

lydia1

Good morning, friends! Just looked at the weather...66 degrees right now and only a high of 73. Open those windows! Pretty good breeze coming from the west...right on Den as he sits and watches one of his woodworking shows. He's been up awhile...I slept in, so breakfast was later, but now we're getting "back on track", lol!

Hi Rock! Well, I stayed up later to finish wrapping Christmas presents that I bought on Wednesday. Wanted to get them out of the way and get things put back up...Amy said they may come tonight after work instead of waiting till tomorrow. If they're already here (just her and the girls...Clinton is helping a friend with some home repair) they can sleep in tomorrow morning, but we'll still have more time to work and play. I think they're staying till Sunday...have to get back in time for Keira's 2nd volleyball game. Amy is planning to mow for me (I saved her a nice big patch ;)) and I'll have the girls help me pick up the yard after Den trims some of the low-hanging trees, and we need to start picking apples.

We used to have several apple trees, but the winds have taken down all but one. I'm going to start the preserving project with some dehydrated apple slices (my electric dehydrator has several layers of trays) then make applesauce or something else that I can freeze. This looks to be a good "apple year"...seems like it alternates every year...but we had a lot last year too, so who knows, lol!

I wonder if Gordon would be willing to type your posts as you dictate to him? Not that you're ready to give that part up, but it would let you still participate...might be hard to do if you and he have different sleep patterns, though. I feel so bad that it must be very frustrating to you to lose your posts, even if they do eventually show up. At any rate, we love to hear from you whenever you're up to it, and the computer cooperates.

Waiting to hear that Mikie has made it back home okay. I'll check in periodically...gotta get the upstairs guest room ready for Amy. I assume one or both of the girls will want to sleep in the downstairs guest room. Sometimes I have to sleep in the same room with the Treasures, but it's getting to where I prefer my own bed if the kids don't care.

Anyway, "Hi" to everyone...time for me to get a move on, lol!

sunflowergirl

I'll have to do a search for P.Allen smith on the PBS link I got. I donate some $ to them. I guess i should because it's been at least 50 years that I've enjoyed them. My kids all grew up watching Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street. Times have changed and my DGKs didn't watch it. Only problem is I have to watch on my small Ipad, and at times i lose internet connection. I guess I could get some type of device so I could watch it on my regular TV but honestly, I don't watch that much TV anymore. I turn it on around 6PM for the PBS news, and if there isn't something i like, I pop in a DVD from library.

Julie: I thought of you yesterday as I bit into a small pink lady. I bought a 3 lbs bag of them at 99cent store for $1.99. I asked where were the avocados....none. The guy in charge said he's not buying them because they're coming from Peru now and they're rotten inside though look great on the outside. Apparently tariff problems with Mexico, so it might be a long time before I get an avocado. Guess I might hit the local organic farm, but they're usually expensive.

I'm sure Mikie is recuperating from her ordeal. When I went thru that it took a few days for me to feel almost normal again.

I've been up since 5 a.m. Did some stretches and just came back from a mile walk before it gets HOT again, supposed to be over 100. I'm sooooo sick of this heat. Stay tuned for pictures of Helen!!!! I'm on the final stretch.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Sorry, I went back and amended my early morning post to let y'all know everything was fine and no polyps. Guess no one saw it. I just woke up from a nap. I forgot to take something for my headache and it's back so will go do that. Thank you all for your kindness and good wishes. With a father who died of colon cancer and having had one pre-cancerous and one other polyp in the past, it's a really big deal to be polyp free. I wouldn't be here now had I not had early colonoscopies. Joe's dad died of colon cancer too so it's the same for him. Here's copy of what I added to the early post.

Update: Home again, home again, no polyps. Yes!!! Otherwise, I'd have to repeat in three years instead of five. Good news! Joe was so sweet and came back to recovery when I woke. He took me home and walked me up the stairs to the door. SV was so glad to see me. Already texted good news to Nancy and Claudia. I wanted to let all y'all know first thing too. Thank you all for your kind support.

I'll stop back later when I feel a bit better.

Love, Mikie

• Love

lydia1

Hey gang! Sorry for everyone who is having the heat wave...we've still got our windows open and the breezes are blowing through the house. Computer says it's 71 degrees...haven't reached our predicted high of 73. But you all can feel bad for me when I talk about the low wind chills in a few months, lol!

Mikie, glad you got good news from your test. Yep, in your situation, it is a good idea to stay on top of things.

Den and I had just gotten settled in for a siesta when Lorene's hubby called. She needs more canning jars and he wanted me to check prices online to see about ordering some. I ended up ordering 24 dozen jars to be delivered next Wednesday. Ordered on his credit card cause we don't use them unless for emergency...and I didn't want to spend that much of our own money...almost $250. Don't mind helping out, but I do have my limits, lol! I remember a time when I used lots of jars, and I still have some in the cellar, but would rather hang on to them for now.

Sun, our tree is Red Delicious...if I buy apples at the store, I usually get Gala. Used to get organic, but now just soak/rinse stuff in water with apple cider vinegar in it. Try to watch out for GMO'S whenever I can. Sorry you couldn't get avocados...I try them every once in awhile, but just can't develop a taste for them...and I know they are so good for us.

We just made a nice discovery...uncovered what metal siding we had left from when we worked on the house last...and have plenty to finish the roof project that Den is working on. He had been procrastinating because the corner where the South side and West side of the patio roofs meet is sort of on two different levels...so couldn't figure out how to make it look "finished." We had talked of putting a little "fort" or something at the corner to camouflage the difference, but would have cost money that we should spend elsewhere. I think Den has it figured out now...would be easier to hire it done, but he's determined to do it himself. He did say he sure used to get around up there on the roof easier than he can now, lol!

I'd better keep going on my projects...even if our company doesn't come tonight, they'll need the guest rooms tomorrow night. Hi to everyone...

Granniluvsu

Good afternoon dear Porchies !!

JULIE - This new doc is the Rheumatologist but hope sometime soon to go back to the urologist for the surgery. Trying not to get to ahead of myself. Right now I can't take trips to far away or get to far away from the ptty . Of course all the pain does not help either. Hope you got to enjoy yourself riding around all over the [lace on your lower. Hope it is cool enough for you to feel the breezes. So nice to see popping in again so soon. I know do it while you can and if you can . I used to be like you always buying for the kids but now they are grown and not that much fun in buying stuff for them. Most of the time I haven't a clue on what to get them anyway except money or gift cards. of course DGD would love jewelry but she probably has more than enough of the good stuff.

SPRING WATER - Glad to see and hear from you too. Glad you got to go out with your friend, That is always fun but it is troubling or can be when someone loses so much weight in a short time. The same thing happened to a friend of mine last year or so. She is so thin anyway and the dr wanted to do all kinds of tests on her to check her out. As far as I know nothing was found. She does eat like a bird, not like me and usually brings half of her food home, even when the portions are not huge. Oh well everyone is different for sure.

MIKIE - When do you have to go in for your cystoscopy? Not sure if I missed it or what? I just checked back on your newest post and yu had the cystoscopy with good result. YAY for you !!!

SUN - Hope you are feeling OK or not to badly lately. Sorry to have missed so much of the PORCH. Hard for me to get on the computer half the time and there is always something I have to do or at least think about doing.

Today did some weeding early while DH was shopping. He did outside work before he left. He came home with meat I had to rewrap and put in the freezer. Then had to fix lunch and I decided I had better check on the Porch and other things on line,

Gotta run for now and finish a few things on the computer. Then to fix dinner, crunchy tacos made with ground turkey meat. Any one have any ideas of what ese to put in it with the taco mix and turkey. Guess you could put beans in but will also be having charro beeans already in a can. Pretty tasty, those beans. HEB, a TX chain has their own brands of different kinds of beans..

LOVE TO AWL INC THOSE NOT MENETIONED,
GRANNI :)

Granniluvsu

Good afternoon dear Porchies !!

JULIE - This new doc is the Rheumatologist but hope sometime soon to go back to the urologist for the surgery. Trying not to get to ahead of myself. Right now I can't take trips to far away or get to far away from the ptty . Of course all the pain does not help either. Hope you got to enjoy yourself riding around all over the [lace on your lower. Hope it is cool enough for you to feel the breezes. So nice to see popping in again so soon. I know do it while you can and if you can . I used to be like you always buying for the kids but now they are grown and not that much fun in buying stuff for them. Most of the time I haven't a clue on what to get them anyway except money or gift cards. of course DGD would love jewelry but she probably has more than enough of the good stuff.

SPRING WATER - Glad to see and hear from you too. Glad you got to go out with your friend, That is always fun but it is troubling or can be when someone loses so much weight in a short time. The same thing happened to a friend of mine last year or so. She is so thin anyway and the dr wanted to do all kinds of tests on her to check her out. As far as I know nothing was found. She does eat like a bird, not like me and usually brings half of her food home, even when the portions are not huge. Oh well everyone is different for sure.

MIKIE - When do you have to go in for your cystoscopy? Not sure if I missed it or what? I just checked back on your newest post and yu had the cystoscopy with good result. YAY for you !!!

SUN - Hope you are feeling OK or not to badly lately. Sorry to have missed so much of the PORCH. Hard for me to get on the computer half the time and there is always something I have to do or at least think about doing.

Today did some weeding early while DH was shopping. He did outside work before he left. He came home with meat I had to rewrap and put in the freezer. Then had to fix lunch and I decided I had better check on the Porch and other things on line,

Gotta run for now and finish a few things on the computer. Then to fix dinner, crunchy tacos made with ground turkey meat. Any one have any ideas of what else to put in it with the taco mix and turkey. Guess you could put beans in but will also be having charro beans already in a can. Pretty tasty, those beans. HEB, a TX chain has their own brands of different kinds of beans..

LOVE TO AWL INC THOSE NOT MENTIONED,
GRANNI :)

sunflowergirl

Spring: Must have been a big shock to see your friend lost so much weight. Is she small like you? I know most from Asian countries are. My Vietnamese DILs mother must be all of about 85 lbs......tiny. My DIL though is about a size 10 /12 though as are her two sisters. I'm surprised because both her parents were small. You always seem to be going from one lunch to a dinner....you're actually one very busy lady and I know fatigue hits you a lot. Don't know how you do it.

Mikie: Happy to read you got a good report today.

Julie; What do you do with the apples? I think you mentioned dehydrated and make apple sauce. Used to have a dehydratator, ...pear and apple slices mainly as I can recall. A lot of work though. I got into because my SIL was Mormon.......you know, be prepared for the worst. i gave it away years ago. I grew up eating avocados so I really miss them.,,,,,,, mainly a little lemon juice and black pepper straight from the cut half......mmmmmm yummy.

And about the salt and water, I just take about 1/4 tsp. licked from my palm first thing in the morning followed by water. Just couldn't stand to drink water all day with a slight salty taste.

Granni: I like having shredded Napa cabbage in tacos, thats served quite often in calif. And of course avocados but I'm sure you guys can't get them either. And a little refried beans that acts as a putty to hold the meat in it. Cheese to for those who can have it.

Rock. I thought of you yesterday when I got bit 3 times from a mosquito. I had been doing pretty but it was late in the day and I forgot to spritz on my concoction of repellent. Your DB probably wants to forget all his medical problems and not talk about them.

I took myself to my friday art group today, always fun to sit and chat. Two of the fellow artists are going on a 21 day trip to Australia and New Zealand. I felt a tad sad for myself, knowing I will probably never be able to take trips again, just too much going on health wise for me. Sometimes i feel that life just isn't fair.......why have some like us been dealt these cards? Not fair not fair.

Last edited:

lydia1

Good evening, friends! Thought I'd check in a minute...might not get here over the weekend. Amy and the girls got here around 8:30 this evening...the girls were already packed and ready to leave when Amy got off work, lol! I had roast, potatoes and carrots in the crock pot, so everyone had a late supper...but still room for ice cream about an hour later for "bedtime snack." ;)

Granni, yes, I'm discovering it is still fairly easy to shop for the little kids, but I'll give Keira money (along with a couple of things I know she'd like) for Christmas and her October 13 birthday. Your tacos sound good...I use a lot of ground beef, but use the turkey sausage for things like biscuits and gravy, etc.

Sun, glad you got out to your art group. I'm not sure what I'll do with the apples...hopefully, Amy will take some home. Other than the applesauce and apple rings, I could make up some apple pie filling to freeze. And apple butter, but that takes awhile. They don't keep all that well, but we'll just eat them fresh for awhile and I've got favorite recipes for apple crisp, coffee cake, etc.

Guess I'll say Hi to everyone and get on to bed myself. Gonna make sourdough pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast. I imagine our guests will sleep in as they've all been getting up early for school and work. Friends and family seem to enjoy coming to the farm to relax and catch up on sleep...I don't blame them...it is very quiet and relaxing here :)

Take care!

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids,

Feeling sooo much better. I slept so long yesterday and woke at 4:00 this morning. I'm watching a special American Masters program on PBS about Loretta Lynn. Can't wait for Ken Burn's special on Country Music. That man is a national treasure. We got some of the rain spinning off of the storm over on the East Coast. I think it's called, Humberto. Lots of clouds. Think it's supposed to be rainy today too. Gotta make a run to Publix for some solid food.

Granni, I hope the doc can help you. The arthritis in my hands has been worse lately. I also hope the urologist can help. That's miserable to have to be running to the john so often. I didn't have cystoscopy; it was a colonoscopy. You're always so busy. I hope you don't work too hard out in the TX sun. When does it start to cool down there? I've only been in TX at Thanksgiving time and it was nice then.

Julie, sounds as though you and Den are your usual busy selves too. Glad Den figured out how to do the roof lines. My ex was so good at that kind of thing. I look back at the time we spent adding on to our house as one of the happiest times of my life. Glad you get to enjoy your family so much.

Sun, my philosophy is that we each have lessons to learn in our Earthly lives that help us to grow in spirit. That is why I try not to think about life's fairness or what I can't do. I'm not a Pollyanna but it does help to feel as though my life has purpose that is greater than the limitations I have. I would like to go to Italy. It's the only thing left on my bucket list and I think I might be able to do it on a tour where someone else has to deal with luggage and arrangements. The larger problem is the cost. Also, I would need someone to go with me. So, I am content to watch travel shows about it. I've been so blessed in all the other areas of my life besides my health and divorce. I guess it's the old 'glass half full' attitude and it ain't always easy to think that way but I try. I do whine but only to vent and then feel better. I'm so glad you have your art group. It seems to give you joy.

Rock, I'm sorry the computer isn't cooperating with you. I love P. Allen Smith. He just seems like a nice guy living down the road a spell. I think he may be the male version of Martha Stewart only warmer. His gardens are amazing and I love his home and how inviting it is. I know what you mean about kids' not knowing about food production. When I had the Girl Scouts, I found out some of the girls didn't know people baked their own cookies. They thought you could only get them at the store. So, we had a cookie making session where they made the dough, rolled it out and cut out cookies. I took them home and baked them and brought them back so they could decorate them. Hope you got to talk to your bro. He's not like me; I whine about all my ailments. Helps to vent, as I mentioned to Sun. Thanks for thinking of me and colonoscopy jokes. Can't mention the ones Joe and I laughed about here in polite society.

Spring, SV and I watched a special on PBS about cats. I'm pretty sure I had seen it before. There was a snow leopard in Nepal and I thought about you. There was also a very small wild cat about the size of SV but had long thick hair all the way down to its paws. He sat at the bottom of the bed and was fascinated. It was prep night and I had to keep running to the john. Every time I walked between him and the TV, he complained and tried to swat at me as I went by. Too funny.

Barry, how are you doing? Well, I hope. Also hope Richard and the critters are well. Is it still hot or have temps gotten more civilized? We got a break yesterday from the heat but the humidity was fierce. We dodged another bullet with Humberto. I just hope it does stay out to sea.

OK, Kiddies, I'm outta here. Once again, I appreciate y'all so much and thank you for all the kind good wishes and prayers. They worked! I felt so happy and grateful all day after I got home. I also felt grateful for the healthcare I have and the wonderful doctor who did the procedure. Also the sweet nurses and the anesthetist who talked me through the whole 'going to sleep' business. This doc walks into the room and just radiates kindness even though he doesn't talk a lot. Good healthcare workers really are a blessing.

Hope all y'all have a great start to the weekend.

Love, Mikie

• Love

springwater

Mikie - glad the tests are over...thats one unpleasant thing behind us anyway. yes, the snow leopard is such an elusive creature, sometimes i wonder if theyre of another world somehow...haha.

SV is a character, must say. swatting like that. how very blessed is he to have a home, even after that lady wanted him out of the hood as a stray. God is good. As are you.

Rock - your brother is infuriating, isnt he, in that respect. Not responding to your queries about his health. But we love our relatives, they come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, foibles.

i must look up P. Allen. sounds like someone i would look upto.

Granni - im relieved to hear nothing was wrong with your friend. The one who lost weight. im hoping all your appointments go smoothly.

Sun - yes, it may seem like i go out a lot. social things. sometimes its ok. lots of times i groan inwardly. but Pranic Healing has made me mindful that if i show im tired and down or stressed, my friends, relatives will catch on and start feelingthe same.

So i act cheerful and most ofthetime i andthey manage toenjoy ourselves quite well. after all, if someone is taking time out to come see you, or organise something together, it is upto the person invited to appreciate that and try and be as good company as possible.

unless of course,its one of those 5hings people are just obliged to call you to. and arent really invested.

I think you keep pretty busy for someone who deals with so much in health setbacks. and you have travelled a lot in past months, certainly muchmore than smost of us, years so you have those memories. who knows, your health will improve dramatically, and you will be gallivanting off with your DD or DS again.

Its almost cold today. Raining. i decided not to cook, had chowmein i ordered in and some cupcakes, DS brought home yesterday. tried to bring some sort of semblance oforder to my house, but its tough going. The plants outside have grown so wild. and mud keepsgetting tracked in by people and fur babies.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Spring,

Just finished reading the paper online. Thought I'd stop in and saw your post. We have ads here for an org. that is trying to save the snow leopards from extinction. Yes, it's good to have another thing 'behind' me as you say. Joe and I were discussing how much longer we will do these tests. We will be 80 when the next one is due. I'm thinking I'll have one more and then decide. The prep is just one horrible day which could save us from a horrible death so the tradeoff is obvious. Colon cancer is preventable and it seems like a no brainer to do the procedure. Same with melanoma. I hate stripping down to be visually scanned but, since both DD's have had melanomas, it also seems like a no brainer. Older DD ignored hers for so long that it's a miracle that she escaped without its metastacizing. It frightens me that she was that careless with her health.

Is it still raining a lot there? Speaking about travel, what a great thing it would be to visit your neck of the woods. I've seen travel specials and photos and it's beautiful. I'll have to just travel in my mind but I so enjoy your posts and pics. BTW, I just went out to see the full moon before it set but it wasn't clear enough to see. Bummer! Take care.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Morning Kids

Glad to hear the good results of your test, Mikie. No, I didn't see your amended post. I would have expected an
announcement with large letters in color. Anyhoo, eveydobby is glad to hear the good news. I have never had a
colonoscopy, and am now too old and too ornery to have one.

I have become a second or third class citizen in my own country. None of the identity cards I have are good for
anything. I have a passport, but don't know where it is. It got lost during our last move. Then years later it showed
up. Now I can't find it again. Another blessing of having Alzheimer's. I cannot cash a check at our bank. Had to get a copy of my birth certificate from Iowa in order to get a disability parking tag. Illegal aliens have more rights than I do. I can't withdraw money from any of the joint accounts I have with Gordon. Cant even withdraw from my accounts. And if Gordon dies I won't be able to withdraw the funds from the joint accounts.

My toxic parents used my middle name as my first name. So the birth certificate is questioned when I try to use it for ID.
The modern world is a mess in so many ways.

Yuck! Some squirmy black critter with lots of legs just ran across the desk. We got rid of the ants. Now something
even more repulsive. My attempt to squish it was unsuccessful. I should keep a six shooter handy.

OK, enough venting. Think I'll go back to bed for a few hours.
Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

I'm sorry for all your woes. Don't know whether you remember the cluster fuss I went through about ten years ago when I had to renew my drivers license. My Mom changed my last name to her first husband's without going to court because the atty. advised her that she could. It was legal to do that back then. Now we have these laws that require paperwork to show how each name used was done legally. There was no paperwork but I did have a lapsed passport. They weren't as picky. I got the new passport and got my license with no problem. It was even renewed without problem online. Whew, talk about dodging a bullet.

Years ago, I got cleared to fly as a passenger in a military jet by only giving my SSN. That was before 9/11 when I worked at the aviation corp. Unfortunately, they stopped giving rides to civilians until they gave them to those in the service who wanted to do it. That made sense but I would have loved to do it. It took them no time to clear me once I gave my SSN to them. I often wonder what kind of database they used. Good thing they didn't know I got chased off my a military jet when I got too close to the airfield when I was out flying in my tiny little plane.

I'm laughing about your remark about this new repulsive intruder. Good grief! I would have been even more repulsive if you had squashed it. AACCKK!! Smeary bug guts all over the place. Going back to bed is always a good choice. I'm still a bit fuzzy and tired so will stay home today and make soup instead of going to Publix.

Just got my P. Allen Smith e-newsletter; talk about your coincidence. Here is a You Tube video he linked to the newsletter. You can get on the mailing list too and receive them. Thanks for your good wishes.

Love, Mikie

Last edited: