PORCH 1155 IS NOW CLOSED (9/15/19) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1155 IS NOW CLOSED (9/15/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

taco.jpeg

Good Sunday Morning, Kids,

We have been going through Porches like crazy. That's a good thing! Anyway, it's time for a new one. Be sure to go back to read Rock's latest post.

Rock, I loved Beantown Girls. The first one, The Saturday Evening Girls Club, not as much. It's more about women's rights than the immigrant experience, young women born here to immigrant parents who hang onto the old ways. These young women want more than marriage and children. I love novels based on historical events and eras and I hope this author goes on to write more of them. I think you should open a taco stand and call it,
Rocko's Tacos. Muey Bueno!

I woke during the night with a stomach ache. The soup was quite flavorful with garlic and that may have done it. Also, I was on a bland diet there for a couple of days and my stomach may not have been ready for garlic and onions. I woke early and the paper isn't here yet. I can start reading the regular pages online until it arrives. I just hope there is no problem. Ooh, I just heard it make its arrival out on the balcony. Sooo, guess I'll be leaving to get it.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I woke yesterday with a stomach ache and was pretty much out of commission all day. I had planned on going to my DDs house to show the "samples" of the icon to my DGS. You might remember he asked if I could paint some Vans shoes for him. Had called the day before to make sure he didn't have plans. Kept hoping to feel better but finally just gave in and did a little WC painting. I MUST always stay busy.

And that brings up my sleeping. I DREAM DREAM DREAM DREAM all night long. I can remember my dreams, most of them, and really should write them down to figure out what my brain is trying to tell me. But I wake so tired and suffer for these dreams the rest of the day until night comes and i dream again. I'm going to do a search to see what i might be able to take to calm my brain down. Don't want to go to the doctor or get a sleep study. I've been this way for years. I take a special magnesium threaonate before bed and it will help me sleep for about 4-5 hrs. But the only problem is after about a week of it, it seems to slow down in working. Then I switch over to melatonin or some natural herbs that are to help. Also take gabapentin at night and in the morning.

Going to do a search for that author. I'm still working my way thru a lot of the Jacqueline Winspear books. I have to finish one and then have two more on my table to start. Of course, these are books on CD....how else could I do ten other things at a time? I'm sure learning a lot about what life was like in England during the war times.

Rock: I forgot about if you lost the key to the SD box. I have a box at a local bank, got my son as my executor and he's signed the papers at the bank. They gave me two keys and was told to keep them in separate places. I used to get a free box but now have to pay....darn it!

You seem pretty sharp and chipper this early morning. I see you were up at 2 a.m. I've been doing chair exercises. I was watching a video one time at the cancer clinic and this lady was showing how you can exercise all your muscles while sitting in a straight back chair. i have a lot of back/neck/shoulder problems and doing tightening of the muscles while sitting seems to help loosen them up a bit. You might do a search for them on youtube....since it's hard for you to move around much.

Granniluvsu

Good morning Porchies

I can't stay but got on the computer for a bit as I ate my breakfast before church. Now it is almost time to go. Hope to get back later in the afternoon.

MIKIE - Sorry for the tummy ache. That broccoli soup sounds interesting and probably was delicious but sometimes our tummy's are not cooperative with what we like to eat Did you put cheese in it too. I forget. Usually there is unless it is just cream of broccoli.

Tomorrow starts a very busy week and the cable are supposed to be on our streets making a mess laying cable and such and hope we can even get out of our homes, All kinds of dr appts and stuff happening next week for DH and myself. Friday is a funeral too but DH will have to go to that with DD and DSIL as I have the cleaning people and a natural dr appt. I hate those type of busy days, rush rush rush !! Gotta run !!!

Hugz to all ,
Granni :)

rockgor

Howdy! Folks,

Mikie, I think Rocko's Tacos is a wonderful idea. We could feature Gordon's potato tacos. Now that I mention
them I realize he hasn't made them in yonks. I'll have to remind him. Hope your tummy ache is short lived.

Sun, if you want to keep your safe deposit keys in a really safe place you could put them in the S. D. box. Ha Ha!
The Beantown Girls also gives readers a look at England during WWII. Yesterday I saw a documentary on the
Smithsonian channel about the dropping of the A bomb on Hiroshima. Many of the people involved such as the
pilot Paul Tibbets commented. He named the plane the Enola Gay after his mother.

Granni, you're always so busy. Don't wear yourself out. I love broccoli soup. We put most any vegetable in it
around these parts: peas, potatoes and those little round things that look kinda like miniature cabbages. Can't...
Oh! Brussels sprouts.

A little after 6AM here. Still dark outside. Pretty soon the kitty will come and lie down near the back door.
Her way of saying, "Yoo Hoo. I'm ready for breakfast now."

Hugs from Rocko. Be sure and drop by for tacos next time you're in the neighborhood.

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Rock:. I just watched a short on youtube about how the Victorians poisoned themselves with bad food. What an eye opener about what was put into foods. Barry; I think you would also enjoy watching this. And on the right side of the video there are more that i need to watch. Most interesting.

And I just watched on youtube a story about how they're using Texas Coonhounds to get rhino poachers!

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Read the paper but the NY Times crossword puzzle stumped me today. I usually can work them or, at least, all but one or two squares. This one has some kind of gimmick but I can't figure out what it is. That might help. Oh well. After noon, a neighbor across the street needs to get into Grace's condo to leave something inside. I'm sure it's OK but have texted Grace just to check. This neighbor has a good heart but a lousy attitude. She always expects the worst and thinks everyone is against her. She tells her grandsons that no one in the hood likes them. They know that isn't true because they are the ones I have always left little gifts for on their windowsill. She left a long voicemail and wanted me to call her. I just texted her and she told me what she wanted. I said, "Sure." That seemed to catch her in a bind. Someone said yes and didn't give her a hard time. Now, she has nothing to complain about. It's just sad and funny. Wonder who she's gonna say wronged her lately when she sees me. She gets so wound up she is almost screaming. Yikes!

Sun, I don't know why some of us dream so much and others likely do but don't remember any of them. I don't seem to dream a lot but I do remember a few. Last night was a frustration dream about problems at work, somewhere I never actually worked, and a hard time finding a bathroom (very common in my dreams). DD dreams the same thing. Yesterday was actually a big breakthrough in forgiving my biological father and my ex. Things started to happen during my trip to CO when I told my ex he couldn't come down to visit me. Then, they unraveled more when I got that email from my half-brother. I realize I had forgiven as much as possible but had been pushing old pain down so it wouldn't make me feel numb and I could avoid the unpleasantness. I suddenly felt all the pain but it didn't cause the same trauma as it used to. Hard to splain but it was a real letting go and I felt as though all of Heaven was rejoicing because the forgiveness was finally complete. Think it just took time until I was strong enough to let it go. Have no idea why I then had frustration dreams. Well, with what we have to deal with, it's no wonder we feel frustrated. I would be exhausted if I always had to keep busy. Have you tried meditation to calm the mind? The free Calm App is wonderful for relaxing. I don't know whether you can get it on your iPad or not. I have it on my phone.

Granni, I put cheese in the soup and it melted but sank to the bottom in a yellow slime. It still tasted good and I just threw out the slime because it was so rubbery that it wouldn't blend. I usually make cream of broccoli and put a dash of curry powder in for extra flavor. We have that tropical storm off our East Coast. There is another tropical depression going into the Gulf with a 30 percent chance of turning into a tropical storm. It may be headed your way; I hope not. I have my skin check next week and will be glad to have it over with. I still have to make an appt. at the lab. It takes time because the early appts. fill up right away. No one wants to have to fast for hours. I hate busy days too.

Rock, hmmm, tater tacos--I like it! Maybe Miss Kitty would like to hang out at the taco shack and eat the scraps, especially if you feature fish tacos. Or, you could get a food truck like the Beantown Girls and serve the tacos. Food trucks are the in thing now. I once temped at a co. where the food truck would stop. They had a great breakfast burrito. Everyone called the truck the roach coach. Down in Naples, they have a food truck park, kinda the same idea as the food court at the mall. Lots of different kinds of food. I've seen a special on the bombing of Hiroshima. It was horrible. Enola Gay is often an answer in crossword puzzles. When I look at the cost of war in monetary terms and in human suffering, one would think everyone would avoid it like the plague. No, we build huge memorials to it. I know it is to honor those who gave their lives but war just seems to pervade societies the world over. If an alien were to stop and look around, he or she would think it's all we do. We have one award I know of to honor the peacemakers. Something is definitely out of balance.

Hope all y'all are having a wonderful Sunday.

Love, Mikie

lydia1

Good afternoon...almost 3:30 here.

Mikie, thanks for the new porch...yes, they seem to fly by these days! Sorry the soup may have upset your stomach...yep, might not have been ready for good stuff yet.

Rock, I would eat at Rocko's Tacos, lol! I'm pretty plain...just eat the beef with regular taco spices, tomatoes, lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream and a little mild sauce on a nice crunchy shell.

Granni, hope you can get out and about during the construction. Sounds like you have a busy, busy, busy week ahead. My excitement will be going to the local chiro, then getting a massage :)

Sun, I watched the video about food during the Victorian Era...oh, my goodness! But, some of our food these days is almost as bad, maybe? I think Helen is beautiful...you did a great job with her, and your aunt would be very proud.

Amy and the girls left around 10:30 this morning...Keira had to be at the gym early, in order to have volleyball pictures taken. Amy got to sleep in both mornings and said she really needed to be able to relax and get some extra rest. Den and I were up when the girls woke, so we fed and entertained them, lol!

I spent a lot of time in the kitchen, as I usually do. Keira said, "Grandma, do you like to cook?" I told her that I love to cook...it is so much fun to take different ingredients that don't look like much (or, like my sourdough, don't smell all that great, lol!) and make something really tasty. Sort of like when Grandpa takes boards, nails, screws, sometimes glue, etc. and builds shelves, toolboxes, even a house...cooking is just as important. I made sourdough pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast on Saturday and "overnight fermented" sourdough biscuits with sausage gravy, and eggs this morning. Both girls helped with different steps. Last evening we had a cookout....hot dogs and s'mores over the fire and I made mac and cheese and baked beans to go along.

I taught Keira how to make the homemade caramel frapachinos (taste just as good as the expensive ones at Starbuck's) then she took over making them for her and Mommy. I whipped up some chicken spaghetti as I was cooking breakfast this morning...for them to take home. (Keira ended up having that for breakfast, lol!)

Yesterday, Amy mowed while Den, the girls and I trimmed trees and picked up the yard. And we gathered firewood to leave in the trailer by the fire pit. I took the girls on a Gator ride up the road and back (Keira can sit in the seat and drive, with me sitting next to her...Miley sits on my lap and I control the pedals.) Den set up our volleyball net and we all got in lots of practice (the girls both agreed that Grandma isn't really very good, but makes it more fun, lol!) After supper, we played Bingo...the kiddos never get tired of that.

So, today I was somewhat wiped out, lol! Den worked in the shop (running heavier electric wire out the east wall so he can plug in the log splitter) and I took a long nap. We didn't get the apples picked, so I'll go out in a few minutes to clean up under the tree and see what I can get done. I rake up the "drop apples" that have been nibbled on by bugs, etc...and carry them to the edge of the yard for the deer and other critters. Then mow the grass short under the tree, then back the pickup under the branches so I can stand in the bed and reach farther.

Haven't gotten the call yet that, "the time has come" to take my neighbor to the midwife...but she isn't due until the 21st. Still working on cleaning up and decluttering all over the farm (that will probably be a never-ending project, but at least I can see progress.) Den invited one of his former salesmen to come deer hunting this fall, so the fellow will be coming through to scout ahead of time...then will stay with us while he's in the area. Lots of things to keep working on until the snow flies...then some things can still be done outside, but winter is when I prefer to stay in and work on other "back burner" jobs.

Better get busy..."Hi" to Spring, Star, Barry, Duckie, anyone else who happens to pop in. Hope your day is "good enough"...take care!

Yep, Grandpa's got the moves, lol!

70273042_3344674492224537_8744398422171189248_o (1).jpg

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Didn't do anything much today. Anesthesia usually leaves me a bit tired for a couple of days. Have been relaxing with SV on the sofa and looking out at the lengthening shadows. Late afternoon/evening is so beautiful. I think it's kinda like life. If we are lucky, this time of life is a graceful time of reflection and relaxing before the dark. A life well lived is like a day well lived. I haven't lived a perfect life but I won't leave this Earth with regrets of things not done. I always think that is the saddest thing.

I've been watching Ken Burn's series on Prohibition today while I rested. Tonight they are showing his new series on country music. The first episode is on at 8:00 and again at 10:00. Hope I can stay awake to see the early showing cause I'll never be able to stay awake for the second showing.

I got a text from the neighbor and let her and her long suffering husband into Grace's to stow some golf clubs. I have no idea why they are keeping them there but don't really care. She ordered him around and they left. I stayed and checked out the condo to make sure everything was OK.

Julie, that grass looks beautiful. How wonderful to have all that space to play. It's a good thing you like to cook. I did too when the girls were growing up but now, I only do it occasionally. I'll fix some meat, fish or fowl and veggies but nothing that requires much prep. I would order the same tacos at Rocko's but would also want some guacamole on mine. I make my own with fresh tomatoes and onions in it with a dash of chili powder. Fresh and tasty! Back when I had my sourdough starter, I made pancakes but prefer the regular ones. DSIL's sourdough bread is delicious. It's probably even better now that he has perfected his recipe. Hope all goes well when the baby arrives.

Gonna sign off til it be morrow. Hope everydobby has a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

Julie: Mmmmm....love love love sourdough anything. Lucky family!!!! Getting all that fresh cooking from grandma and Amy gets to sleep in too. Wasn't that something about how the Victorians had all that awful stuff added to their bread. I had heard that quite a lot of children died from infection, sickness, etc. and now I can understand why. And I thought Mrs. Beaton was the "Martha Stewart" of her day. I used to love to cook for the family, and was always volunteering to do it. Now my mode of cooking is stir fry for me, using up leftovers.

Mikie: Your DD is VERY blessed to have a DH who loves to cook. Last week when we were having the art sale the man who rents the upper floor of this little house helped me carry in and out tables to my van. I asked him where he and new wife lived...surprise in the upper floor so he invited me to come see all the work he had done to their little abode. Most of the tiny rooms were too dark for me BUT their small kitchen was industrial, very compact. Think tiny house. And thru the door to the balcony he had turned it into an outdoor kitchen with a oven, range, frig, sound system with the TV and two small chairs. Told me he's the one who does all the cooking. I asked his young wife what she did (meaning did she work) she said she does the laundry. Loved it.

I took the logo samples over today for my DGS to look at. He liked one especially well so he'll get the shoes and hopefully I won't mess them up.

I've been so sleep deprived for over 2 mos....my DD gave me a bottle of some supplement to try for a couple of night. I hope it's works.

springwater

Hello

looks like another rainy day.

Sun - i read lack of sleep can lead to increase in cholesterol levels. the natural remedies sites on the net recommend chia seeds. i dream too. didnt used to but i dream quite often these days.

Recently i dreamt a nice dream about a friend and i, we were walking in a vast expanse of open land ....and the clouds in a blue sky were so spectacular, i remember feeling bliss. Unfortunately later in the dream we were attacked, but some people came and protected us. so it was a good dream all in all.

i like the sound of that young couple. such an interesting anecdote. i love the ingenuity shown in the tiny homes programmes on tv but i like having a bit of space myself.

lucky DGS to have a resourceful DGM to turn to for fashion inputs.

Mikie - yes, dusk as the Brits call it is a beautiful time of day. sometimes, if we are lucky we get spectacular coloured clouds. i didnt like tacos too much. i like french fries better.

anyways, tacos n french fries are taking over the traditional snacks here. used to be chhweila, a pickled meat dish was the go to snack when i was young. its offal meat boiled till tender then fried and pickled with spices and peppers. hmm, not the healthiest. splains why nepalese got a lot of stomach issues in days of yore. Now its diabetes heart and cancer.

im happy you got to a better place where trauma about your biological father/DH is concerned. My friend was given to a relative for adoption and mistreated and she had to do healing work later. During one of her healing meditations, a big black blob of slime just slithered out of her stomach in her minds eye.

After that she wasnt as aggressive in her behaviour. She calmed down a lot. i think in the west that would be categorised as healing the inner child.

Granni - looks like a busy busy upcoming week. I hope you have a productive couple of days.

Rock - im sure having tacos at your taco stand would be a rewarding time. With Gordons cooking and your wit.

The DH came back from a work trip to Vietnam stopping at Bangkok. was gone for a couple of days. I thought i would pick up the house during his absence but the rainy season and dogs make for more mess. i didnt hardly make any inroads in that department.

DH brought back some clothes for everyone, and chocolates. i had hoped he would bring back locally woven bedsheets but i think he forgot. i had some beautiful handicraft pop up cards from Vietnam. 5hey were pop up ones depicting Vitenamese way of life. A watermill. A boat with fishermen. DD had brought them way back.

i saw a soup bowl on the net which i thought Gordon and Rock would find interesting.
3A3E8091-004B-403B-B4FF-EEC2CEEF342D.jpeg3A3E8091-004B-403B-B4FF-EEC2CEEF342D.jpeg

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Slept so little last night. Only about three hours and then just lay there trying to get back to sleep. Don't know whether the anesthesia messed up my brain and scrambled my sleep cycle. It's only a bit of propofol and shouldn't do that but anything can happen. I need to go to Publix but am not gonna do it if I'm not feeling alert. SV was awful, bugging me to get up. Of course, he's gone back to sleep. I watched the first episode of Ken Burn's series on country music. His films are always so good. I did drift off for a bit but not long. The first episode went back to uncover the roots of country music and all the influences on it.

Sun, it appears that our quantum entanglement continues. I hope we both can find a way to sleep. The DSIL who loves to cook was a chef while he was getting enough flight hours as an instructor to get hired by the airline. DD loves to bake so they make a complete meal. They are so well suited for one another. We are a very blessed and fortunate family. How wonderful that you got the mini tour of that home. I love spaces that have been renovated creatively. My kids completely redid the kitchen in the home to make it easier for them to indulge in their cooking and baking. I think this is their first gas stove which is usually favored by cooks. Even so, DSIL turned out delicious meals on the old electric stovetops. Can you take a pic of the shoes when they are done. Does your iPad take pics?

Spring, I love Chia seeds. I put them in cereal and salads. They are a lot like poppy seeds which I also love. I read a lot about forgiveness in spiritual and psychological terms. One thing I found out is that it is a long process for the worst trauma. I'm not surprised that your friend saw the black blob in her 'vision.' Yes, healing the inner child was a popular kind of therapy here for a while. One book I read suggested using meditation to try to coax visualizations for healing. I found those visualizations came quite easily for me and were a huge help. The most helpful one came seemingly out of the blue when I wasn't trying to visualize. Each breakthrough to forgive and heal is so freeing. I am always amazed at the human capacity to forgive. As they say, we don't forgive for those who hurt us; we do it for ourselves. Still, I believe that those who are forgiven can heal through the process too. I know my ex is in a lot of pain from regret which I wouldn't wish on him. He knows I've forgiven him and he needs to forgive himself. According to a cousin, my biological father struggled with what he did and he was an alcoholic. He quit drinking for a while and his colon cancer was in remission. Then, he started to drink again and it came back and killed him. He was a doctor and should have known better. I am thankful for the spiritual growth and lessons learned in this lifetime and am especially grateful for the bliss I found in the process of forgiving. Learning to forgive is sooo worth the effort.
My DSIL made some pho for me when I was there. I know it's traditionally made with beef but I think I might like it better made with pork. Love the little punny cup. I have always loved the terms, twilight and the gloaming. It is the hours just before dusk that I love when the sun is still shining at an oblique angle, making everything look like Technicolor and casting long shadows. It is especially beautiful looking out the sliding doors at the pond, the trees and the green grass. How wonderful that your DH brought back gifts. Some of the clothing here comes from Thailand and Viet Nam. My motto is: Make clothes, not war.

Gonna lie down on the sofa and hope to fall asleep for a while. I really want to finish that armoire that is taking forever. On the other hand, there is absolutely no hurry to finish it or most anything else and I'm not gonna pressure myself and end up stressed. Healing is now my priority and I can't do it if I am stressed over what isn't getting accomplished.

I hope for healing and good health for everydobby and a great start to another week.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Hello Gang

Saw the Ken Burns film on country music last night. Turns out I saw it a week or so ago. Never dreamed it was a Ken Burns film. I missed the first few minutes. Where was Ken? Where were the experts? The professors? The musicologists? Why was it so short? Why wasn't there more about the Carter family that not only sang and recorded but collected county songs and popularized them. June Carter became Mrs. Johnny Cash.

No matter. Ken is the most popular maker of documentaries. Has made about 30 now. Plans to do one on Ernest Hemmingway and another on Stand up Comedy next. His brother Ric, 5 years younger, also makes films. Has won several Emmy Awards.

Julie, lovely picture. Is that the grass you are so frequently mowing? Looks like a park. Never had a sourdough pancake; they sound delicious. That is so nice of you to put out the apples where the deer can get them. We never played Bingo at our house when I was a kid, but we played board games and card games. My little brother made his own version of Monopoly. I refused to play it with him. We had the real thing. Years later I realized I should have played his game with him. I wonder if I ever told him so. Well, I will the next time I write. Too bad it's so complicated to write an e mail on this crazy machine. Nevertheless, as you pointed out, the time has come.

Mikie, I was disappointed to find that our library has no copies of Jane Healey's new book. I think one of the problems with libraries buying books now is that they come in so many different formats. But maybe it won't be too troublesome as many school kids apparently can't read and have no intention of learning how. Many colleges now have remedial reading classes, I read. I don't have much interest in living to see what happens in the future.

Spring, great Pho bowels you found. Will show them to the Pho lover. I read a long time ago that French Fries did not originate in France. Don't remember where. England?

Well, bed time again.
Nighty night. Rock

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Went to Amazon to see whether they had Pho tea towels. Didn't find any but found some of the funniest ones I've ever seen, many too dirty to tell y'all about but you can go look at them if you need some laughs. I found one for Granni and me, "Sometimes I Wet My Plants." Had a pic of a watering can and potted plants on it. I found one for DSIL who was loudly dropping the F Bomb when his bread got spoiled and didn't know his parents were in the next room. It'll get there tomorrow.

Julie, let us know how the birth of the new baby goes. Well, I hope.

Rock, I thought The Beantown Girls was Jane Healy's latest book. The other one, The Saturday Evening Girls' Club, that I just finished, was her first and isn't nearly as good. That Country Music program was just the first two hours of a sixteen-hour series. The second two-hour installment is tonight. Johnny Cash is coming. I think the series features 80 singers and musicians. The best is yet to be. I sometimes find the future so scary that I'm glad we grew up when we did. Climate change is the scariest thing. There will be no future unless we get serious about it. This is no way to run a planet! What I do like is the tech we have and I plan to enjoy what is left of my life despite health problems and limitations and the fact that everything is going to hell in a handbasket. Humor helps. Every day I pray for peace and worldwide cooperation to save the Earth. Having our little family here on the Porch is one of life's pleasures.

Spring, offal sounds awful! Barry would likely disagree with me. He seems to like more exotic things. It is praiseworthy that in other cultures, all the animal is used for food. Studies have shown that when people in other cultures adopt a more Western diet, they tend to be larger and often also have problems with obesity and heart issues. Every time I go to have some kind of surgical procedure, they are always shocked that, at my age, I don't have high cholesterol and diabetes. Guess it's rampant in people my age here. Studies have shown that cutting carbs is the best way to get the cholesterol down. My friend, Barb, dismisses that and said her doc told her there is nothing she can do except take statins because she inherited her tendency toward it. Stoopud doctor! My friend, Ilona, is so happy to be on statins because she thinks now she can eat everything. Oy! We love our fat, sugar and drugs.

Speaking of drugs, they have just found the same possible carcinogenic material in my acid reflux med that was in my BP med. Good grief! There is no direct evidence that it causes cancer and I'm sure they will fix the problem as they did for the BP med. Still, taking meds is a worry. On the other hand, not taking them might put me at risk for a heart attack or stroke and throat cancer. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Damn!

OK, gonna go read the paper online. Can't start my day without the horoscope so I know what to do. Again, hope all y'all have a good one.

Love, Mikie

lydia1

Good morning! It's nearly 10:00 am and I'm just barely awake, lol! Was having trouble getting to sleep, anyway, then the "kids" called around 2:30 that they were ready to go to the midwife. I got back home around 4:00 and still tossed and turned a bit before finally falling asleep. They'll call when they're ready to come home...if all goes well, it will likely be later today. Had to make two stops before the midwife...to drop their 18 month little boy off at the mama's parents' house and stop by the dad's parents' to leave a message that he wouldn't be at work today. Was pretty foggy in spots, so I was a little nervous driving in the middle of the night.

Sun, Mikie, and anyone else who can't sleep this week...I always have insomnia during a full moon. As much as I love the extra "night light", I can almost always count on not being able to sleep well.

Sorry I can't stay and catch up right now. Need to get several loads of laundry hung out and hop on the mower...getting a late start to the day, although Den has likely been up for several hours already. The kids have both our phone numbers so can call Den if I don't hear the phone while on the mower.

Happy Monday! I'll check in later.

sunflowergirl

Julie; Can't sleep because of the extra light pouring into the BR? If so, get a sleep mask, or do what i do sometimes and drape something over my eyes, even part of the blanket. I was given two different natural sleep supplements by my DD yesterday. The first I tried last night, took one pill. Woke as usual around 3 a.m. So took another one and slept until 6. I think that one had 5 HTP in it. I read all the labels of the ones I have here and none have that in it. I was back to taking my special magnesium supplement called magtein. Buy it online and it's not cheap, actually no supplements are anymore. I had found that taking that before bed helps for about a week, then I have to switch to something else. I do take magnesium malate several times during the day, but my DD told me her naturpath MD told her to just take magnesium at night. Hmmmm?

Mikie: It's good you've had this releasing concerning your X and your father. I try to go thru in my mind if there's anyone I need to forgive, so I can heal. Yes, i can take pics with my Ipad but for some reason can't always post here. For instance, took a before pic of Helen which I tried to post along with the dressed Helen. Wouldn't...said it was too big. I can email that pic to me, and it will come up with a method where you can shrink......then I captured that emailed pic. And tried to post it....no deal. So you just have to imagine what she looks like under her clothes!

Rock: To me I think Ken Burns film on the civil war was a true masterpiece. I can watch that again and again. I used to be a country music fan, so I'll probably catch it somewhere, sometime. With two public TV stations they're always showing something.

Spring: Don't think I've ever had pho.....I'm now intrigued so maybe I'll go to the local Thai restaurant and get some takeout. How nice that your DH always brings gifts home with him. Thoughtful.

One of the people on the nextdoor.com site posted yesterday about the 'blessing box" connected with a local church. She said where it was and with the heat they could use some water so I'm taking some extra 50 oz bottles I have here. With all the heat I'm sure people relegated to trying to manage life on the street could use it. Here in so. Calif we have a HUGE problem with the homeless, especially on the streets in LA.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I'm hoping to get a nap today. I'm beat! Not gonna try going to the store when I'm like this. Do hope I'm up to going to the pool tomorrow if Claudia wants to go.

Sun, this whole healing process has taken a long time. I consciously forgave both these men but there are so many levels of forgiveness. When I hit this new level it was absolutely blissful for me. Didn't know I could forgive any more but there was still some left to do. When I wake up, I touch my Mom's and my Step Dad's pictures and tell them I love them. This morning, I told my biological father that I love him. I could never do that before. He gave me life and for that, I love him. I'm sure he loves me too from where he is now. All of Heaven is filled with love. Everything breaks down to love in the end. Very generous of you to donate the water. I get four PBS stations on my antenna plus a local PBS station.

Julie, I'm reallly trying not to be judgmental but I just can't imagine not taking advantage of things like phones and having to physically go to give someone a message. I'm not saying it's right or wrong or good or bad; it's just so inconvenient and inefficient. In some instances, it seems downright dangerous. Wait--they have your phone no.? They are using phones? I'm confusicated. What would these people do without you? Are there other neighbors they depend on? In any case, bless you for what you do for them. I'm thinking the full moon thing may be due to something besides the extra light. Full moons can cause excess bleeding in surgery. There is often more crime when there is a full moon too. I usually have more NRG when the moon is full and it may be this NRG that is keeping me from sleeping while the effects of the anesthesia are also keeping me exhausted. In any case, it ain't fun and I'm nodding off.

Okay, I'm gonna go try to sleep. Hope all y'all are having a great day.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Hi Kids

Been and interesting afternoon. I'm using "interesting" in the sense of "very annoying". Gordon, who is always helping me now that I'm an invalid (that's a civil war song. I think it's in the Ken Burns documentary. I used to have a couple recordings of it. "So now I'm with the invalids and cannot go and fight, Sir. The doctor told me so you know, of course it must be right, Sir"

Anyhoo my Soc Security card disappeared some time ago. Gordon went on line to get me a replacement. So he filled out a buncha blanks and was told to put in a credit card number to pay the $39 fee. So I, remembering what Sun had posted, said there is no fee. You were dealing with crooks. So I called the credit card company and was told that the charge had been received earlier and they had rejected same. I asked why. He said there was no explanation. Maybe they recognized the site as a crooked one.

The nice young man I talked to also called me Ma'am. Just like in the play "The Boys In The Band." I told him I was a Mr. He apologized. I said, "that's OK. I'm now old and feeble and have lost my masculine baritone voice.

Sun, I wrote you a private message. The Pro Health board says, "There is a problem." Always nice to get a clear explanation. Gordon is waiting for the Soc. Sec. office to call back. He was told he would get a call within 5 hours. Whoop ti Do!

Last edited:

Mikie

Holy Cow! Rock, I hope those crooks don't do something with your info. It's getting really scary now when going to a website online. You can't tell the real ones from the crooks' websites. I hope y'all get it straightened out. Your message cut off at the end and I hope you are okay. Come back to let us know.

I slept for about an hour in a deep coma-like sleep. I also slept with a crooked neck and now it hurts like hell. The surgical center called to make sure everything is okay. I told the woman that everyone there was great and that seemed to make her day.

Hope I stay awake long enough to watch the second episode of the country music special and then sleep all night. This insomnia is awful. Whine, whine, whine!

Also, hope everydobby has a nice evening.

Love, Mikie