PORCH #1156 IS NOW CLOSED (9/20/19) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH #1156 IS NOW CLOSED (9/20/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

bct

Hi All.
Very busy today and tired, tired, tired.....
Love to All, and Peace,
Will come back tomorrow ....hopefully.

Barry

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Glad you made it to the movie and enjoyed it. I had read that because there are so many subplots the movie couldn't get into details. I'll look forward to the DVD. I just finished watching season one of Yellowstone with Kevin Costner. REALLY GOOD. Now I have to wait until season 2 goes on DVD, darn.

I just got back from my tuesday art class. There were more fellow artists that showed up, some I hadn't seen for over 2 years so it was nice catching up. Now I have to paint something that's symmetrical but not matching on both sides. I'll have to give it some thought. This isn't a great class, but it does get me out and OUT OF THE NAP HABIT! That's a hard habit to break, otherwise I don't have much of a life. It's been 2 weeks now and I think I'm doing better. I can make it to 4 or 5 PM without craving one.

I got my yearly information pack from United Health. YEA.....mine is going down from $1,500 a month to $1,000 for out of pocket.

And I stopped at Goodwill on the way home and picked up a new still in the sealed package from Pottery Barn, a set of two embroidered guest towels. I thought it would make a nice gift for christmas for two people I have in mind. Of course I would add some extra things having to do with gardening but for a buck for a linen towel I couldn't resist.

It's almost 5 so I'm going to hit the bed.

Update: It's 6 PM and after a short nap I woke with aching everywhere and freezing. I got my flu shot today so I guess it's to be expected. Since I have COPD I need the flu shot along with the yearly pneumonia. Got the flu shot at CVS.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Wednesday Morning, Kids,

Up really early. I got six hours of sleep and didn't feel like going back to sleep so decided to get up. When I first woke, SV was lying by my side in his usual post in bed. Only problem is that I'm getting my lab work done this morning so can't eat breakfast. I'll just drink lots of water so I can give them some urine. After next month, I should be caught up on doctor appts. Glad I stopped in early. Some spammer left an ad on our Spirituality Board for male enhancement. Perhaps he could benefit from some brain enhancement.

DD called yesterday. She said everything is going so well with DGS. He scored two goals in his second soccer game. I hope he keeps it up because it might lead to an athletic scholarship. DD has friends in her hood and the women gathered at her house for some wine. She told them about the whole bread baking fiasco with DSIL's f-bombs and showed them the dish towel I sent to him. She said they laughed til they cried. DSIL's parents are coming for a visit today so the towel will go into a drawer. DD and I laughed all over again. She said other DD is doing well too because she only has six more weeks of her clinicals and the pressure is off now. DSIL only has six more weeks of healing for his foot. It will be a time to celebrate. I have to call my ex about how we will get the watch for her.

Barry, I'm sorry you are so tired. I know the feeling. No one but those of us with these illnesses can understand the degree of exhaustion we suffer. It is so profound that everything comes to a standstill. I hope you can rest and feel better. You are in my prayers.

Rock, I'm worried about you and I'm sure everyone would like to hear that you are OK. Please drop us a line or two.

Sun, seems to me that if you can nap, it is a good thing to do. It is so important for our brains that we get sleep. I'm glad you got to go to the art group and see old friends you haven't seen in a while. Socializing is also good for us. A doctor who writes a column in our paper, the one who called me after I sent him an email, says that exercise, socializing, diet and sleep are the most important things in determining our health and well-being. I didn't realize your UHC insurance sets a monthly out-of-pocket limit. Ours is figured yearly. Interesting. I have to go online because they will send me gift cards for Target for getting my mammogram, my yearly exam with my doc and the colonoscopy. I'll also soon be able to order more OTC products from them. Such a deal! Hope you feel better from the shot.

OK, Kids, I'm off to read the virtual newspaper. I've set the alarm on my phone just in case I drift off. I used the lab's app to set the appt. There should be a QR code on it to check in on the lab's scanner. I hope it works. Otherwise, it can scan my drivers license. Hope everydobby has a wonderful Hump Day.

Love, Mikie

Update: Home again, home again...back from the lab and was starving. Had a bagel and coffee and almost feel human again. The sun coming up is blinding so I'm glad to be back safe and sound. Got a good lab tech and barely felt the stick. One more appt. down and two to go. Woo Hoo!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I made a mistake on that United Health plan. I should have said a total yearly out of pocket of $1,000. Per month would have been pretty awful. That's what happens when I'm feeling sick from this flu shot. I stayed up until around 10 cause I felt awful. Temp hit 100 and body aches but tylenol started to take it down and it was normal by bedtime. I was watching a series my SIL said was pretty good.....Person of Interest. Not for me so I'm taking back all of the DVDs today. It reminded me a little of The Black List. I remember watching as much as was made a few years ago. I think it continued but I lost interest. Maybe I'll order that one and try to catch up. As I recall I stopped it when she got PG......Julie I think you watch it. Am I correct? I really liked Yellowstone but will have to wait until January when season #2 goes on DVD. Bummer. Then when it does everyone will be requesting #1 again to refresh their memories.

Yes, to be healthy as we age we have to try to be well rounded.....eat healthy, exercise, socialize, get enough sleep, take your vitamins and drink lots of water, exercise the mind. I'm sure there are a lot more.

I haven't had a bagel in at least a year or more. I got into the habit of going to Vons for a fresh bagel with Ortega chilis in it then heating it and slathering on cream cheese. Maybe I'll treat myself today after that flu shot. The glutten is bad for me but I don't think they make sourdough bagels so I'll take an enzyme first. It's been a week since I started taking probiotics and it seems to be helping my stomach, along with swallowing an enzyme right before I eat. Probiotics is sooooo expensive though.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Getting settled in. I am very tired so want to rest a bit.

Sun, that is an excellent cap on out of pocket. It pays to live in a big metropolitan area. I hope I never hit my cap. Also hope I never have to have an expensive drug. I hate having to wait for a new season of a TV series. I forget everything over the hiatus. I hope you feel better. What is the enzyme you take? I have stopped taking the probiotics every day because they are so expensive. I take them every other day or so. Once they are colonized in the gut, it seems I can space them out.

Gonna curl up and try to sleep a bit more. Going to get my lab work is always a bit stressful because I have a shy bladder and never know whether I can pee on command. Also, this was during rush hour with the sun blinding me and I had been fasting. Any one of these factors isn't that stressful but together, they stress me out.

Hope all y'all are having a good day.

Love, Mikie

lydia1

Good morning, friends! Need to keep this short cause my hairdresser rescheduled the appt. from yesterday to today...she has problems with migraines, so of course, I told her today would be fine. I'm feeling the effects of doing too much...body and mind in "slo-mo mode." Brain fog is affecting every thought, and my body feels like I've been on that show "Wipe Out".

Den needed some supplies, so I went to the bigger town yesterday...came home exhausted, but hopped on the mower for an hour or so to at least get a start on this week's mowing.

Sun, we're watching Season 6 of Blacklist...Den saw there will be a Season 7, but we'll probably have to wait till it comes on Netflix. It's a little far fetched sometimes, but we just get through those parts and enjoy the rest, lol! Den liked "Person of Interest"...it took me awhile, but I eventually caught on to the plots. I mostly like the history documentaries.

Yep, probiotics are expensive...we try to take them regularly, but have to "ration" them sometimes. I also take enzymes with food.

Glad you got out to get caught up with the other art group. Hope the flu shot doesn't cause too many more problems.

Mikie, that's great about your DGS's soccer playing! And that things are going well with your DD's and hubbies. Glad you got your labs taken care of and you even get rewarded by Target.

Barry, I'm sorry about your fatigue and not feeling well. Hope you can get on here today and visit. I remember so well the years when I was so sick...how trying to just be "upright" was so hard.

Rock, Granni, Star...thinking of you guys. I'd better get off here...on the chromebook and it is getting squirrely and I'm afraid I'll lose everything I've just typed. Take care, everyone!

sunflowergirl

Hi guys.....well two guys and some ladies. How did we get to referring to everyone as "guys"?

The effects of the flu shot taking hold of my body seem to have now disappeared, and just left with the usual FM aches, etc. I need to push myself out for a short walk this morning to loosen things up a bit more. I've already done 45 min. Of floor stretches but my neck is still screaming.

Mikie: I bought Digest-all enzymes from MRM. I don't remember all that the probiotic contains.....a LOT of good stuff for the gut. I think after i finish this bottle (kept refrigerated) I'll drop back to one every other day.

Julie: I think I can understand the premise that this "computer' zeroes in on every person who is going to have bad problems, but I think I'm not caring for it after the first DVD because there isn't a lot of personal interaction. Maybe I need to watch a second DVD?

I've been reading a lot about the POWER Nestle (a Swiss company) has over OUR water, everywhere. It's literally being given away to them to make $billions and in the meantime there are water shortages developing everywhere, including california. This company has water plants all over the country. Who gave them all the power?????

lydia1

Back from my "miracle treatment", lol! Staying a little lighter because the gray roots blend in better and I don't have to get my hair done as often. My hairdresser's husband's grandmother died a couple days ago. She was from Greece, but the family came and settled in New York, so that is where the funeral will be...but then her body will be taken back to Greece for burial (and probably a memorial service.) So, my hairdresser and DH have to fly to New York...

Got home and Den was up on the patio roof...getting lots done...figured out the angles needed to join the two sections of roof and it looks pretty good. Another twenty years or so and we might be done ;)

Sun, that's probably why I didn't care so much for "Person of Interest", too. It never really became a favorite show to me, but sometimes I could follow it. During those shows, I can multi-task, lol!

Glad your symptoms are easing from the flu shot...

I'll try to research some on this water situation...you mean, we are literally giving away our water?! That's craziness, true? We very seldom buy bottled water, but sometimes it's necessary. We have an RO filter that came with an extra cartridge that adds minerals back in...Miley is convinced that Grandma has "Smart Water" so she really drinks a lot when they are here :)

So, I'd better get Den a sandwich and smoothie made so he can eat lunch whenever he's ready. I need to get on the mower...glad I got my "mowing joy" back, lol! It really is very relaxing...sort of like real life "Pac Man" (Woman) haha!

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Woke up from a nap and decided to drop in. I hit the wall just like on Mon. and had to lie down. I hate it. It just hits like this out of the blue and I have to lie down. Just glad I have nothing else I have to do and have a safe home and soft place to sleep. SV is sacked out in his soft little kitty bed.

Julie, my insurance offers several types of gift cards. I like Target so choose that. I try to take advantage of everything they offer. It adds up. Glad you enjoy mowing. I used to enjoy it when we lived in the family house. I mowed diagonally and became very OCD about it. I mowed, I trimmed, I fertilized and our yard was beautiful. Glad I don't have to do it now. I'd probably die. I've always enjoyed ironing but don't do much of that now. Glad you were able to get your hair cut. That always perks me up too.

Sun, I was thinking more about the specific enzymes but I can check it out online. Thank you. I am not aware of Nestle and the water but if memory serves, they were making unsafe baby formula and selling it all over the world some years back. Are we ever going to have a world without war and corruption? Some days, it just feels like a forever uphill battle. The love of money, and power, is the root of all evil.

OK, going back to resting. So glad I was able to get to the lab before feeling like the walking dead. I was very tired when I got up but nothing like this. I sent a PM to Rock because I'm worried about him. I think about Duckie and Dar and others who have come and gone over the years and hope they are doing well.

Love, Mikie

bct

Back again.
Hi e'body.
SO tired from counseling a friend over the phone.... that's how it goes, everybody knows....
R watered my plants today for me. The Salvia coccinea is beautiful (scarlet flowers) and the hummers are going crazy over it, and all the other red-flowered plants in the garden -- Fuchsia magellanica, California Fuchsia ( Zauschneria
), etc, etc. Today it's 'posed to get to 99 degrees! Aaaak! 2 damn hot. And then a rapid cooling, thank the gods, whether Hindu, Christian, Buddhist, etc. Even the god Woden, since this is wednesday (Woden's day in ancient Druid religion). So pagan, eh?

Sun, so sorry that the flu shot set you off. I've got to get mine soon; never had any repercussions, so far...

Probiotics. : Kefir, yoghurt, sauerkraut, kim-chi, Kombucha tea, and others are all full of P-b's. Just make sure you get the ones with "active/live" cultures. And make sure you eat plenty of prebiotics too. Very important this.

Mikie -- I agree with you, that the love of money and power is the root of MOST evil. I am going to e-mail Rock and see what's going on and how he's doing. I worry too, but I've always been a worrywort.

Julie, is it just grass that you are mowing? Hay? How big is your farm, and do you actually farm on it? You know, cabbages, peas, cows, goats? What is the main crop in your neck of the woods? What do the Amish grow/raise? I rather like there simple live, to a limited extent. Do their kids go to a special Amish school? Sorry for so many ?,s --- I guess I should just Wiki them. Anyways, enjoy your mowing.

Lunch time says Richard, cheese and homegrown tomato on whole grain bread, with a side of kefir afterwards.
Doggies and krazy kats are all doing well.
After lunch, time for R & R (read and rest) 'til 'tis time for tea.

Star, so sorry for your loss. I can completely understand your grief. This too shall pass... love, Barry

Love to All of you, my Family.
Barry

Granniluvsu

Dear Ones,

Went to a luncheon today and a nice fashion show. Nice clothes but a bit to pricey for me and DD, We didn't buy anything. but had a good time. Was careful what I drank as I have been having some weird symptoms of my urinary tract Going on Friday morning to drop off a specimen. it is not a full blown infection as the pain and discomfort is not that awful but when my bladder is full I sort of burns but when I go it is OK Plus, I go a lot more than normal which is a real lot. Would surprise me if I have Intercyststial cystitis.(sp??)

Don;t have much time to post as usual but will do a short one. Sang yesterday t two place and they really seemed to enjoy us singing the old songs. You could see some of the people trying to mouth the words which they heard so long ago. It was a busy afternoon. Actually it was our first performance with these songs. So we met early at the leaders home to practice some. We are also missing some ladies to and picked up two new ones. One was on vacation and the other had broken her knees, I think. So not sure when she will be back. It went off pretty well, I think, all things considered.

SPRING WATER - How awful that you were taken to a boarding school like that so suddenly. How traumatic that must have been for you. So glad that you and your DB got to really like it and assimilate into it and made some good friends. That was so sweet of your DB trying to bring you home in your night clothes. Hope all is well with you now and your are having time to get out with friends occasionally to do some shopping, have lunch, etc, for yourself.

I see it is getting late so I need to start fixing dinner. Chicken, I guess. Running out of options.

MIKIE - Poor Claudia losing her keys in the dumpster. Glad she could get them out again. Hope the movie was satisfactory for everyone. Claudia couldn't go to the bathroom more than I :D ..

Hope everydobby is doing well. Gotta run and start dinner. Special HI's to SUN, STAR, JULIE, ROCK, BARRY et al!!

Love to awl inc those not mentioned ,
Granni :)

sunflowergirl

Mikie and Barry: Rock shows up, just not posting. I think the problem is he's having trouble understanding the computer.

Julie: You convinced me.....gonna return all the Person of interest DVDs. I might as well watch something I like instead of forcing myself to like it!

YES, I read up on Nestle (a Swiss Company) and how they get the water all over the world for a pittance, including here in california. Read that in Michigan they pay a city only $200 a year to take all their water. Now WHO is making $$$$$$. In california our water tables are drying up.

I was just talking on the phone to a friend.....I'm quite hoarse most of the time when I try to talk to anyone, continually clearing my voice. Won't go into the details but what she told me is I probably have plastic in my body. She told me to use only glass to drink out of.....no plastics, I do store in glass containers and don't use any plastic wrap for in the microwave, but I do cover with plastic wrap. So......now I'm going to check into buying a counter type distiller of water. My frig can dispense water but I just don't want it.....don't like cold water and the filters are expensive. Don't want to mess with it.