PORCH 1158 IS NOW OPEN (9/39/19) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1158 IS NOW OPEN (9/39/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

amishbuggyhotroad.jpg

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Yes, it's time for a new Porch. Thought all y'all might get a kick out of this Amish hot rod buggy. I did. Heck, if I had this, I might want to take it everywhere instead of driving a car. Wonder whether it comes with GPS. Probably not.

A while ago, something sounded loud like something hitting the bldg. I have no idea what it was. Nothing going on outside. I checked the windows to make sure nothing was broken. Our bldg. continues to settle and makes some strange pop, crackle and snap noises especially at night when it cools down. SV came running in and I though perhaps he had done something but I think he was just scared. If there was some damage, it'll show up sooner or later.

Granni, yesterday was boring and it ain't gonna get any better on the weekends when it comes to TV unless one is a football nut. I usually make the Myers Lemon quick bread from a mix. The boxes look similar and I didn't know they also made a Myers Lemon bar mix. Well, these lemon bars are fantastic but very, very rich. Almost too rich to eat. Myers Lemons can grow big as oranges on trees here and they are so sweet you almost don't need sugar to make lemonade. I was thinking about thawing a big steak I have in the freezer but didn't feel up to dragging out the grill. That's pretty sad but when exhaustion hits this hard, I am too tired to do anything. Let's hope this week is more exciting in a good way.

Julie, I am so sorry you are in pain. I hope it gets better fast. Ongoing pain is miserable. My shoulders have been so painful for days. I can only imagine how anxious you are to finish with all those apples. Yes, it's good that there are things Den can do inside in inclement weather. When we added on to our first house in CO, we were fighting the weather in the fall. I ended up having to finish putting the tar paper on the roof as a snowstorm approached. Geez, I look back and wonder how I was able to do it. Guess age and illness make those kinds of things impossible now and it's hard to remember feeling that energetic. Most of my friends my age have to be careful so it's not just those of us with these conditions. I know that, even at your tender age, these conditions make doing a lot of things so hard and painful. Take good care of yourself and feel better.

Rock, most cooks like to make things from scratch but I buy the Krusteaz brand mixes. My kids howl when they see that brand because it's pronounced like, Krusty's. They think of Krusty the Clown on The Simpsons. I have loved baking cookies all my life but haven't done that in ages. Just too much trouble when I feel lousy. When I feel less lousy, I'm trying to catch up with what went to hell in a handbasket while I was down and out. Sooo good to see you back on the Porch. I can remember nothing. I have to write passwords down and the only phone number and address I know is my own. Whenever I have to fill out paperwork at the doc, I have to have my cell phone to give them DD's emergency contact phone no. Ocular migraines are the strangest things and very scary if you don't know what is going on when one strikes. They don't produce pain; they produce wild zig-zaggy patterns in one's vision. If they last too long, it's a medical emergency. Mine don't last very long. Some people go on to have headaches but I never have. Hope to see more of you now that you have tamed the wild computer beast.

OK, Kids, time to go read the virtual paper. Hope everydobby has a great start to the week.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
Reactions: bct

lydia1

Hi Mikie...thanks for starting us up again. Glad to see someone else is awake, although it's an hour later in your hood than mine. I never got back to sleep...just hurting too much. Got back up and turned on the coffeepot (timer set, but I wanted a cup sooner)...in the dimness of the nightlights above the counter, I realized I was just seeing plain water drip into the pot. I forgot to add the coffee last night, lol! Oh well, I'll try it again...

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Here is my baby. Can't believe he is so grown up. He looks even older than he did in Aug. He's at the age where his is very tuned in to what he wears.

andy.jpg

Julie, I can relate to the coffee snafu. With just me, it makes sense to use the K-cup machine. My DD usually gets everything ready for coffee and all I have to do is push the button. Last time, she forgot and the beans hadn't been ground. Of course, I didn't want to grind them and wake everyone up so had to suffer until they got up. I'm only about half human until I get my coffee. Sorry you didn't sleep. Maybe you can catch some shut eye today. Hope so.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Mikie, is that Andy who did the magic trick on Youtube? He looks intelligent, alert, friendly and tall. I think the elder Amish would not approve that buggy. But hard to say since we live in a time of constant change. I used to think Krusty the Clown had the worst hairdo in the universe, but nowadays it's common to see worse on the news.

Julie, I hope you can get some sleep today. I didn't sleep last night, but can sleep all day.

I got a book by a new author. It had his e mail address on the fly leaf of the book, so I sent him a note. Well,
I tried to send a note. The computer deleted the address, and that was the end of that.

Is today Monday? Hope everdobby hasa good week.

Rock

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Managed to take the poop bag that I collect the clumps from SV's litter box in and deposited it in the dumpster. I also took the recycle stuff down to the bin. I picked up my mail because I haven't been down there in a week. I don't get nearly the junk mail I once did. I'm glad of that. I did get my new calendar from St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Last year, it was as large as half a page of paper. Now, it's the size of a full page. I like the smaller size better. Even with the calendar on my phone, I like a good old fashioned paper calendar. I can't believe tomorrow is Oct. 1. One more month and things should start to cool down. Of course, these days, I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I need to go back out and sweep the frog poop off the balcony and water the plants.

Rock, yes, that's Andy who did the magic show. He's only 14 but towers above everyone 'cept his Dad who is also very tall. DD is shorter than I. Thank you for your kind words. Yes, he is all those things. We do live in an era of constant change and I think that will continue at a faster and faster pace. When I was thinking about remembering phone numbers, I realized that kids today don't even know what a phone book is. I was also wondering whether the older Amish generation would like this wild buggy. If you were here, I'd give you a lemon bar.

I know I'll have to rest between chores. I am better but it doesn't take much to wear me out. My allergies are bad and it could be the Red Tide that is just offshore at our beach. It's beautiful outside and my friend, Barb, is at the pool. I decided not to go til tomorrow so I can catch up on some much needed work inside today. Doubt I'll get a lot done but things aren't out of control. I still need to make a trip to the dumpster for trash but I can do that later. It won't be quite so hot today.

Love, hugs and prayers,
Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: A handsome boy and very tall I can tell. He's going to break girls hearts. I had a little talk with my DGS a few weeks ago. Told him to "guard his heart" and not give it away to just any girl. Girls love to leave a "string" of boys along the way and boys don't realize that.

Rock: Ask Gordon to give you a couple of lessons on the computer. We all have things that we find a tad difficult to learn. What does he do on the new computer?

Julie: I'm sorry you're hurting still. I think you and I both live with endless ongoing neck/back troubles. I had to take tramadol and tylenol last night before bed. It helped with the pain and I managed to sleep OK but things are hurting again this morning so already had to hit the tylenol.

I'm hoping to have an oil change this morning at Jiffy Lube. Don't want to but time keeps marching on and I need to get things done and out of the way before my cancer recheck.

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

Kids today play at things that they are way too young for. Girls at his age are sending nudie shots of themselves on their phones to boys. It's really sad. They are way too eager to grow up and have no idea what they are doing. DD has had the talk with DGS; he is a very sensible boy for his age but kids at 14 are nowhere nearly mature enough to be involved in this kind of stuff. Geez, back when I was 14, girls who made out with boys was considered, 'fast.' Have times ever changed and not for the better when it comes to this stuff.

I'm lucky to have a great mechanic for my oil changes. They get me in and out early if I make an appt. at the beginning of the workday. They check my tire tread and pressure and all the fluids. Also brakes and wipers. They have a checklist. Now that I so seldom drive anywhere except locally, about all I ever need is the oil change. Just want to keep the old Highlander going as long as possible, kinda like I'm trying to keep myself going. We are both old heaps, my car and I.

Ever since I watched the Country Music program, I haven't been able to get Johnny Cash's song, I Still Miss Someone, out of my mind. It's playing over and over. What a haunting sad song.

Hope your pain is better.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: W H A T ???????? Nudie shots????? OMG....I didn't know that. I blame so many things, including the morals of our entire society. My DGS and his class were assigned to do a report on Black Lives Matter, LGBT, and other things. This is ENGLISH class! They should be studying great authors, etc. My DGS is planning on going to a Christian College so has 2 years of this liberal thinking. My DGD is already attending a private Christian school.

Years ago I was out for a walk, near my local HS, and came across a stack of closeup shots of a male's private parts! OMG.....you can't believe how shocked I was. Ewwwwwwww!!!! I put them back down but I should have taken them home and shredded them.

I've got bad trigger points in all parts of my neck and shoulders, and I'm placing the blame entirely on the cavatron machine for the teeth cleaning.

The Jiffy Lube has a team of workers that get to my car immediately. I drive over slowly the ramp....scary for me! Then about 4 guys get to it and I'm out within about 20 min. About a month ago I wasn't ready for the oil change but I asked them if they could replace the burnt out brake light....took about 10 min. And this place is handy for me too. Unlike the Honda dealer of about a month ago. A nightmare of long waiting, waiting for the shuttle, then waiting for it to come pick me up again. Ruined my entire day. Jiffy Lube also checks my brakes. My tires are new which reminds me I need to pull out my papers to see when I need to go back for a rotation. My Honda Pilot has 74,000 miles and is over 16 years old.....I still love it.

springwater

Mikie - handsome lad and dressed so nattily. i love his sartorial sense. Interesting boy too what with doing magic and going out surfing...well rounded. After all, whose grandson is he? heh heh.

Rock - what a relief to see you back. we have all been low on energy. must be something in the air. or alignment of stars...?

dont give up on the email to the author. sometimes the computer just rights itself. you can try again.

Sun - with what all they show on tv (and what dont they show on the internet) im not surprised at all about the sending nudies back n forth on the net. Fourteen would be about time those hormones are raging and its become so so easy to indulge in sexual stuff for the bolder kids. i guess the more a kid has other outlets like sports and drama etc to let off energy, the less they would be inclined to do stuff theyre told not to and which they instinctively know they shouldnt.

About LGBT and Black Lives matter (of course they do) i suppose people make up their minds sooner or later. We didnt have sex education classes in school. Had to learn it from outside, guessing from books, and being throughly confused. just had a few lines explained in biology, reproduction section.

not that our gen was any more behind. some of them. Our Home Science spinster teacher gave us girls a talk in 9th grade. Some students had indulged in the actual act in the night and littered the hedge outside Home Science class with condoms. She referred to them as ‘sex objects’ . i had NO IDEA what she was talking about and maybe a couple of others didnt know either and we were too embarassed to ask each other later.

we had till 12 th grade. one school from age 5 -Nursery, lower kg, Upper kg to grade 12 (mostly 16 or 17 year olds.) So could ve been them.

i think after our batch left, there were two cases of pregnancies. Both girls dropped out and had their babies. Very frightening to think kids were so much at risk.

its been raining today. and more has been forecast. gotta be the wettest september oct in years.

Had a bunch of errands so stepped out. My DDs girlfriend who hosted her and friend in Bangladesh at a common friends wedding earlier this year came down for vacation and it fell upon DD to take him around while her friend and parents put him up at their house. He is an Indian living in B desh and they studied in Massachusetts, same college. My DDs friend studied in Boston but she became one of their group because she came down to visit DD at Worcester most holidays.

DDs friend works in an NGO here and they hold trivia nights every so often. 5hey took 5heir guest to the trivia nite to compete and DD was saying my Chinese friends son and DD walked in, and my other friends son also walked with a foreign student who had come for a voluntary program. small world.

Last edited:

bct

Good Monday.

Gonna be hard to catch up....
Mikie, re your chronic herpes infection of mine, yes! One doc told me I had the highest count of Epstein-Barr he'd ever seen. EBV= HHV-4, Human Herpes virus #4. Later, another doc could find no sign of it.....??? I guess it went into hiding... When I was afraid I might have HHV-6 or Mycoplasma, My old doc put me on 6 months of doxycycline and Valtrex. Well, the latter cleared up the annoying cold sores I had been having for years. That was the only benefit from that treatment, but better than nuttin' I guess.

Julie, you must be exhausted from your 'apple chores', especially if you have the flu. And if you have chest pains you should see the doc asap my dear... I speak from experience as a former nurse's aid in a large hospital.... Just sayin' and praying!

Aw Sun, I'm so sorry for your pain. I was taking 4 tramadol a day, but just didn't like them, so stopped and just take gabapentin for my P.N.
Sun, I don't think the state of American education is in as good a shape as it could or should....be. Richard, former teacher, is always ranting about the same....

Rock, good to see you posting. Who is the new author you have discovered and e-mailed? Bored minds are curious.
We had some rain in the night, and now frost warning for tomorrow morning --- eeek! I've got to shift my Pelargoniums, geraniums, and tenders next to the house and into the sun/mud room (depends on the season), and I just don't feel up to doing anything. Oh Lord, I am a lazy sod, eh wot?

Well, I guess I gotta do what I gotta do...
Love and Compassion to All,
Barry

lydia1

Hi guys! I got a little more sleep...went back to bed around 5:00 am and slept till my phone rang at 10:00. Both girls have checked in, Den is taking his "after lunch siesta" and I'm starting on applesauce.

Mikie, what a handsome young man! You are right to be such a proud grandma...especially since he is also so thoughtful and kind-hearted. I can see some of our Amish young folks thinking that buggy would be just perfect...the elder ones, not so much, lol!

Barry, I'll for sure see my doc if I'm not feeling better in a few days. It's not chest pain, as in "heart"...more like lungs, muscle, etc. Would love to keep the windows open and the A/C off since the mornings are cool, but I can breathe better if I can keep the humidity down and the air cooler. Just probably a combination of things causing these symptoms...from overdoing it to allergies, etc. I don't think you're lazy, at all...a person can only do what their body allows and these stupid diseases control our lives more than most people can begin to understand.

Sun and Mikie...I'm glad you have handy, quick mechanics. Nudies, huh?! Keira turns 12 next month...praying she keeps her head straight when it comes to boys, etc.

Amy texted and said Keira played a great game yesterday, her coach even commented about a couple of her hits. I did hate to miss, but would have felt bad if I took some of this crud to them. Yesterday was Clinton's birthday...will just mail his card since I didn't take it.

Better get off the computer and do my "slo-mo" chores, lol! I guess anything accomplished is better than nothing...I'll need a nap, but don't want to mess up my sleep any more than it already is.

• Love

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Talked to DSIL about getting an Apple Watch for DD when she gets her masters degree in about six weeks. We had a nice chat. I called my ex to see about making arrangements. He sounded like death warmed over. He has had the flu for two weeks. He was coming out of McDonald's. He eats there every day. Can't believe anyone would go out when that sick to McDonald's. When I was in CO, he said he would go in with me to get the watch. Now, he's saying he has to think about it. That means he's gonna worm out of it. I'm not angry or disappointed; I know what he's like. You can't depend on him and you can't believe a word he says. It would have been very nice for DD to have a gift from both of us but it's likely going to have to just be from me. For years, he has called to brag about the condo units he owns and he can't afford $200. I think he's afraid his now wife will be upset. Fortunately, I don't have to be involved with him and will never be again even if he changes his mind. This was going to be the last time.

Sun, glad you have a good place to go for your oil changes too. Yes, we both have our old cars that we love. Cars last longer now and the average age of cars on the road is 11 yrs., 8 mos. Mine is a lot older than that but both of our cars are considered to be very dependable and long lasting. One of these days, I'll likely have to have a brake job. Tires and batteries don't last down here. I have to replace mine before the tread wears down. The English teacher may have wanted to engage the students in today's issues to keep their interest. Kids these days are very engaged in the current events that capture their interest. I think as a society, we are making progress. I'm seeing a lot of ads with same-sex and inter-racial couples. On the other hand, some parents want those things to be discussed at home and not school. It's too bad that the teeth cleanings cause you so much pain. It's not like we can forego them if we want to keep our teeth. Feel better.

Spring, thank you for your kind words about DGS. Yes, there is so much exhaustion and pain among us here and the flu is going around everywhere. They are recommending the flu shots because it's spreading early. I'm laughing thinking about the spinster teaching sex ed. Guess the old saying that those who can do and those can't teach has some truth to it but it doesn't apply to all teachers. By the time kids are sexually active, it's too late. When we were about 14, we had a film about where babies come from and the girls watched it separately from the boys. All it did was give the boys something more to be gross about. I think there were only a few pregnancies in our class. Two of them were friends of mine and I felt really sorry for them because they had to quit school. Both have done well and I'm glad about that. Today, parents not only worry about sex, alcohol and fast cars, they have to worry about STD's, online bullying and drugs. I feel for everyone rearing kids today.

Barry, your doc was smart to put you on the Doxy for six months. I only got two short doses and that allowed it to go chronic and latent. It took a year and a half on the Doxy to finally drive it into latency. I guess it's good neither of us gets cold sores now. I can feel them trying to start but they never form. My Whatever Virus never goes away and rears its ugly head every time I get run down. I've pulsed off the Acyclovir for a bit. It's a never-ending cycle. Seems that kids have heavier work loads today but aren't getting a good education. Their minds are turning to mush, being focused on phone screens all day and night. This generation is going to have to compete in the world with countries where they do a better job. Thirty years ago, one of my profs was predicting a lot of the woes we face today. I wrote a paper on it. I titled it, "America, Bite The Bullet or Bite the Dust." Pretty dramatic but I knew it would appeal to him. Hope you feel better too. I majored in kissing up.

Julie, thanks for your kind comments too. I appreciate them. I'm glad you got some sleep. Better than nothing. I sometimes feel as though I'm lazy because I just lose interest when I feel so run down but I know it isn't laziness. None of us is lazy. We were probably all Type A's before we got sick. Back when Sun and I had that virus, I had chest pain like that too. Doc said it was costo. I usually get it on the other side where I had pneumonia but this time, it was on the left. I felt around between my ribs and sho 'nuff, the spot was very tender. I hate to take NSAIDS for inflammation because they evidently interfere with my BP meds. Great news about Keira. That's wonderful to have her coach compliment her moves. I think athletics help keep kids on the right path. Even if you are in slo-mo mode, you can still overdo it. Be careful.

Once again, I'm outta here. I watered some plants outside in pots and cooked a big steak for myself. The protein will help me to feel better. Just sent up a prayer for all of us; hope we all feel better.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Barry and everyone; So glad you guys understand what a small thing like getting teeth cleaned can throw me for a loop. For most people it's a nothing kind of event.

Barry: I agree, our education system is awful. Did you know that the average college student has trouble spelling, can't write a sentence correctly, but they sure know how to use the electronic gadgets. OK, call me crazy but I'm so wanting in regards to having read the classics. There's a little "free library" close by (take one leave one kind of thing) and the lady who owns it said she has a ton of Cliff Notes in a box. I'm seriously thinking of getting a few to do catch up.

I got my oil changed, took a little longer since there were more ahead of me. But I end up chatting (can't shut me up no matter where I am) with a nice lady. (And she thanked me for the nice conversation we had as I was leaving) Somehow we got to talking about her mom, age 78, who gets so angry at how we all in that generation are being left behind with the electronic stuff. When my vehicle was finally completed the young woman who worked on it......that was a surprise to me......thought the lady I was talking to was a friend of mine, on our way to going out for lunch! Had to chuckle at that. I think that's because most people have an invisible fence up around them.

Julie: I have no idea what my 11 year old DGD knows! Have you ever asked Amy what Keira is aware of?

Mikie: I believe I was in 6th grade when we had "that film". Boys in one room, girls in the other. I do remember the boys coming out and looking at us girls a little differently!

What a nice graduation gift for your DD. But about your X, at least you understand him for the most part. I had a dream about my DH the other night.....i woke up annoyed at him again. And I thought I had purged evrything.

Spring; What is NGO? And are you good at trivia? I'm awful since I got FM. Brain fog. I can see pictures of people but can't recall their name. Very annoying. I did have about 15 min. Last week of the most amazing opening up of a mind. Felt wonderful.

Mikie

Sun, I'm laughing...every now and then I have a few lucid thoughts and recalls. Names are the worst. I'd get a lot more FJ questions if I could remember the name that's on the tip of my tongue. Of course we all understand how a tooth cleaning can cause pain. I've had jaw pain from the cleanings and other work but I don't have your TMJ problems. When I had the reaction to magneisum stearate, it caused me to clench my teeth and that caused all kinds of pain.

It takes forever to purge the old crap. I've made great progress but will likely never be rid of my ex's stuff completely. I asked him about the watch before this last visit to CO. Even in CO, he said he would do it. The good thing now is that I'm just gonna toss it off and not let it bother me. I'll get the watch and give it to her just from me if he doesn't want to do it.

It's always nice to have a little friendly conversation when going out, especially if you have to wait for something. It's pretty friendly here because so many of us came from somewhere else and had to make friends. I talk to people in stores. Deepak Chopra is right about giving something to everyone we see. We can have a nice chat with them, hold open a door, smile, do some little act of kindness or just send up a prayer for them.

An article in our paper mentioned that it is surprising how older people are taking to tech. It's their children and grandkids who often help them with it. So much is available to us now with our phones and computers. Grandparents can keep up with FB. Everywhere I go, I see Seniors with smart phones. I know some feel left behind and I think it's because they have no one to help them. I tried to get my lab results on the patient portal today and it wouldn't let me sign in. Kept asking me all kinds of questions to verify that it is really I who was trying to sign in. Well, screw that. It's a lousy website and app and I got wary of some of the questions.

Not only did the boys in my school look at us differently but they got very bold, making disgusting comments to us. We, of course, stopped speaking to the ones doing that. Boys don't like being ignored.

Glad you had a little company when you went out even if it was a stranger.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

Finally found my way to the porch today but it is almost time for dinner and I have to cook it. So I can't stay to long. DH and I did a little work outside and then went to CVS and got our flu shots and then to the store to pick up a few things. We went to Sams club and also had a piece of their delicious pizza. I usually get the veggie one but for some reason they couldn't make that one today. So we had the all meat one. It surely tasted good even though we both gave in to temptation. Pizza should have its own food group !! LOVE IT !!

SUN and MIKIE -Did one of you order any of the CBD products from PH- the liquid extract or the cream? I think I remember SUN may have used the cream. If you had good results please give me the name. Ii was going to mention or ask something else but DH came in to say something and I lost it and cannot remember what I wa going to ask or mention. I hate that., This pain is getting to me and I need to start taking something. Also the new doc office called and made me change the date for my visit. I don't know why the first visit was on a Monday since I found out he only sees pts in that office tuesday ( a very bad day for me) and Thurs. So it was Thursday when we have our bible study . However it is a morning appt and so hope to make the 1 pm study.

Speaking of the opposite sex and growing up. I was so dumb and knew very little about sex until I started dating. Nowadays I think they fond out about everything VERY EARLY. Too early the way everything is advertised on TV, movies, etc. YIKES !!

JULIE - Take it easy kiddo with all those apples and everything else you are doing these days..

Sorry everydobby, I need to run for now,

Love,
Granni

sunflowergirl

Granni:. I've got 6 different types of CBD, creams and oils......nothing, nothing really helps me with the hard pain. And they're not cheap either! I still have to rely on pain pills like tramadol and tylenol. If you've got minor pain, just take ibuprofen or tylenol. I pretty much use muscle creams that have capcascin in them but have to keep reapply. I also use a lot of things heated in the microwave or ice packs in the freezer.

lydia1

Good Monday evening, folks. Holding my own...did get a canner full of applesauce into qt. bags and in the freezer. Doing a little extra cooking each meal so I can freeze some of it for Den to heat up while I'm at Lindsey's. Star, I'll water bath if I actually can apple butter, cider or something in jars...but right now, I'm just cooking the apples in the canner (without pressure) because it's the biggest pot I have to fit on the stove.

I rescheduled my chiro appt. from tomorrow to next week...not sure I would be able to tell if the treatment did any good or not, beings as I'm so achy...although I think that has improved some today. Gonna lay low at least a couple more days before I try to get groceries or run any errands.

Star, so good to hear from you...hope it's okay to move your post over here...whatever device you're using to post must not have noticed we were on a new porch. Sounds like lots going on in your neck of the woods. I would have some reservations about the apprenticeship situation with your daughter, also. Why would they not want to give her time for meals or breaks? Something doesn't sound right, for sure. How nice that your son can use the company car...did I understand that right?

Will hubby be gone for awhile, or just a quick visit to check on his mom? Scary to think of running out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure you'll miss Puss for quite awhile. When you mentioned about the birds being around more, made me think of when Oreo is gone (boarding at the vet when we're gone overnight.) All the cats, who are normally "confined" to the garage, suddenly start exploring, lol! We call Oreo the "Sheriff" cause she keeps a close watch on the garage from her bench at the house.

I'll just say a quick "Hi" to everyone, so I can get your post moved over here. Take care, everybody!

Starlight74

Today at 9:50 PM
G'day.
It seems it doesn't take too long for me to fall behind.
Dh left on a bit of a road trip yesterday, early am.He's on his motor bike and has many thousands of k's to ride to get to his mother's place.
I wish I could remember all the details, but I can't.Lets just say he is travelling from East Australia (SE actually) over to the West.

Once he's on a mission, he barely stops, so he almost ran out of fuel twice.Thank God, he made it the last time coz it was out in the middle of no where ,when his bike started to cough and spit.It conked out right at the petrol station. Hopefully he's learnt his lesson and will fill up along the way, more often, even if it means veering off course a little, to get it.

Eldest son is off for another study block out at whoop whoop, but this time his work gave him the use of a company ute! How amazing is that?!

Dd is working flat out during these school hols and she's really having second thoughts about continuing on with apprenticeship next yr.
I can understand her concerns as they are working her very hard without barely a break and at min pay.I realise apprenticeships are tough, but her bakery boss has started to pay her $19 hr opposed to $12, I think.
Also the couple who want her to go ft apprentice next yr recently told her she (&her parents) need to sign a form waiving her penalty rates in order to receive a break and meal...sounds so dodgy.
She barely gets a break as is and rushing in half a milkshake hardly counts as a meal break.
There seems to be a few red flags.too much to go into here.
Once I get my eyes on this form, I'll be able to look into it properly.
Also, when we signed her up as school based apprenticeship for remainder of for the remainder of yr 10, we were led to believe it was at the local place, not their business that's almost an hr away.This is something that'll be difficult to persue, as it's up & back in the am & then pm, as it'll be a long while before she can drive herself.
My head is splitting.

Rock, good to see you here.Sorry about all the hassles trying to post.

Mikie, I know it wasn't funny, but the picture in my mind of dangling in a bin, trying to retrieve keys, made me laugh.

Sun, good score on the towels.Hope you get plenty more bargains and project ideas.

Julie, what kind of canner do you use? A water bath or a pressure canner? Last yr I made a batch of apple/mint sauce as requested, but as no one likes it, was a complete waste of time & effort.I'll rule that one out in the book.Glad you enjoy it.

Granni, still in and out with your singing.that's great.
My friend (she's 75) just found out she has an immunity problem that's afflicting her gums and mouth.annoying thing is, she's been dentist hopping fir the last few yrs trying to get answers and it looks like they all had a pretty good idea, but fobbed her off.she really needs an advocate there.someone to Push for her.

Barry, counselling a friend over the phone is super draining, but for a good cause.Glad you were able to do it.

Spring, thanks a gain for the poem.I still can't bring myself to look at pics of our Puss, but I am grateful for the time we had with her.It is more lonelier without her.In so many ways.Esp seeing is Dh is away too.She would always be of extra comfort at times like these.But life goes on.The neighbouring birds also know she's gone, as garden is filled with activity.The bird bath needs cleaning already.

As usual, there's so much more to chat about...I think about the Amish neighbours and the various pet shenanigans, the unfortunate reality of how childhood effects us and shapes us & of course these rotten ailments that inflict us all...but for right now, the sun is shining and I am grateful for you all.
I must get rid of this head ache and try and make the most of the goid weather!

Love to all.
Catch yas later

Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids,

Slept through the FJ question last night but woke in time to text with pals. I was just beat. It's taking time to claw my way back, especially now that the RT is here again.

Granni, Costco has pizza too but I never think to eat anything there. I should try it. Lots of people are always eating there when I shop. Geez, your yard must be a show place with all the work you guys do. I have used the liquid CBD oil sold here and it is great for pain and anxiety. My pain is from inflammation and CBD is perfect for that. The oil can be taken orally or spread on the sore areas but it doesn't go far if one does that. I got the Hemp Balm and it is better to use for rubbing on sore spots. For me, the CBD almost immediately helps with the pain. Check your BP meds before taking pain meds, like NSAIDS, to be sure they don't interfere with the drug. Changing appts. is a pain in itself!

Julie, for years I used the canning pot for all kinds of things because it was such a good size. We had a small town not too far from us where you could go to the back door to the restaurant and buy takeout spaghetti, meatballs and sausage but you had to bring your own pot. We used the canner to pick it up and, with the lid sealed on, it kept everything warm. I used it to sterilize the baby bottles too. I think lying low for a few days is an excellent plan. I've been doing that and it has become a lifestyle for me.

Star, something stinks about DD's employer. They are trying to skirt the rules and that is never good. I hate to sound dumb but I don't know what whoop whoop is. I hope your DH will be okay on his trip. Is there cell service out there so he could get help if anything were to happen? Actually, it was very funny seeing Claudia upside down with her fanny and legs sticking out of the little opening on the side of the dumpster. Our dumpster is very tall so it has to have these openings on the side to throw the garbage through. I'll never get that picture out of my mind and it still makes me laugh. Sending good healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Gonna go read the paper. Hope everydobby has a healthy and happy day.

Love, Mikie

lydia1

Good Tuesday morning! Woke up early on my own, but at a decent time instead of 3:30 am, lol! Gonna find a recipe for crock pot apple butter and get that going before I make the daily quota of applesauce ;) Made about a pint of cider yesterday (chopped the apples in the food processor) and Den thought it tasted really good. I think that doing it in small batches I can make sure there's no yukky parts going into the cider...Amish neighbor says the worms are what gives it the flavor :eek:

Mikie, that sounds so funny to "bring your own pot" to the back door of the restaurant, lol! Probably couldn't do it that way these days? What a good idea, though.

I am feeling a little better today...still gonna pace myself, though. I have some CBD oil, but have been "rationing" it...just a small amount under the tongue for emergencies.

Rain off and on the next two days, then hopefully I can mow on Friday...or Den will do it, if I can't.

Gotta tell you about poor Sam...they told him not to sing, but Samsung anyway ;):po_O

Granniluvsu

Good morning awl,

This will be really quick as I am getting picked up and then go sing at once place and then we will go someplace for a bite to eat before going to another one. No rest for the weary today but it will be fun anyway, DH had a dentist appt and then off to his meeting a little late. I will be gone for lunch but dh will be back. Poor baby will have to fix his own :)!! LOL

Gotta run and watch for my ride.

JULIE - Glad you are trying to take it easy for a bit. Loved that Samsung joke.

HI STAR, glad you popped in.

Love,
Granni