PORCH 1159 IS NOW CLOSED (10/4/19) | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1159 IS NOW CLOSED (10/4/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

lydia1

Hi Gordon...hey, that's great news! Sounds like our small town, lol! Hardly ever any lines...bonus is that we almost always run into someone we know (even the ones who work there) and love the chance to get caught up. Rock would say it's just like where he grew up, true?

I used to take my parents and Den's dad to get their ID's made, even when they no longer drove. Some places, even doctors' offices, required something besides just insurance cards. I didn't realize you could make an appointment at the DMV...very good thinking on your part. And it's nice they have special accommodations for seniors...they deserve it! :) Rock is so blessed to have you in his life...thank you for taking care of him and for letting us know how your day went.

I just woke up from a nice nap. Den had made some decaf so we have been sitting on the porch swing, enjoying the beautiful sunset. Now to heat up something for supper. Take care!

Reactions: bct

rockgor

You are quite right, Julie. Just like my home town. I'd like to visit it one more time. The last time
I was there was several decades ago. I wouldn't be able to recognize anybody. A few years ago
I found lots of pics on the computer. There are a few new businesses in town including a
chiropractor. An old building that stood next to our house had been painted. You could see the
corner of our front, enclosed porch in the photo.

Just finished a book by a gay attorney from Minnesota. Nope, not me. I was gonna write him a
note, but his address cannot be found on the internet. Couldn't find the address of the publisher
either. Nice to hear that you and Den have a porch swing.

Mikie, you have militant squirrels? Do they have an infantry. I COU oH rATBANE, THE COMPUTER

HAS GONE CRAZY AGAIN.. gUESS i'LL GO BACK TO BED.

ROCK

• Love

Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids,

Started to post last evening but squirrelly keyboard highlighted and erased what I had typed. Grrr! I tried hitting Control v to get it back but it only got back a post from a day ago. Sooo frustrating! SV peed once last evening and finally pooped this morning. This isn't his normal but it's enough to keep him going. Don't know what is wrong. He drank out of his goblet this morning. I cleaned his little drinking fountain yesterday. Didn't get much else done. Need to do a couple of loads of wash today. Red tide has supposedly moved to the south. Hope it leaves and doesn't come back. I'm so sensitive to it that any causes symptoms.

Sun, I'm glad you like the new shoes and can get out to walk. That's scary about DS's neighbor. Things like that can go horribly awry. Once in my condo in Denver, my cat was on high alert looking at the front door. I looked out the peep hole and there were three cops with their guns drawn knocking on the neighbor's door across from me. They were looking for her boyfriend who didn't live there. Another time, we looked out the sliding door and the cops were taking down a robbery suspect and they had their guns drawn. The cat got all excited over that. It was scary. It was a nice new condo community but surrounded by gangs. Sorry about all the confusion and mess with Etsy. I couldn't deal with it. Hope things straighten out.

Julie, if I cooked more, I'd get one of those wand blenders. They look so handy. I was wishing for one last time I made soup. I would think one would be perfect for the apples. I got the Publix brand of applesauce and it was delicious. They are slowly rebranding everything as Greenwise and nowhere does the Publix name appear. I think they will eventually rename the stores. Everything with the Greenwise label costs a lot more. I don't eat much bacon these days but I like a pork roast or pork chops now and then. I'll be having leftovers for lunch. Glad you have an understanding church. Like you said, no sense exposing yourself to germs when you haven't been feeling well. Hope you feel better.

Gordon, it can cause trouble to try to copy and save if anything goes wrong. Control p is the shortcut to print. Control v is the shortcut to recover lost text. If it wasn't successfully copied and/or saved, Control v will bring up the last thing copied or saved. It appears that is what happened with Rock's post. I'm sorry; I know this is very frustrating. Glad you were able to get the ID and get out in record time. Thanks so much for helping. We always enjoy seeing you here on the Porch. Stop in anytime.

Rock, they keep adding channels to those I'm able to get on my antenna for the TV. I thought of you when I found one called, Buzzr. It's old game shows. There was one with Alex Trebek when he had brown hair! All the cars being given away were from the 80's or 90's. I'm sorry you are still having problems with posting. My problems are with the devilish keyboard that seems to have a mind of its own. Glad you were able to get your ID. I think the infantry is the group on squirrels in the live oaks who throw acorns at people. Of course, when there are no acorns, they have no ammo. Instead of radiomen, the have one squirrel who makes loud calls to alert the units in the other trees. I think the ones in my palm trees here are pacifists. One of them is the one who left a small tender pine cone for me in one of my flower pots where he had seen me tending to an orchid. He didn't bury it; he left it on top of the wood chips in the pot. They are destructive though. They chewed through the wires on our Christmas lights so we no longer put them up. I love watching their running up and down the two slash pine trees and leaping from one to the other. SV enjoys watching them when he's out on the lanai.

I'm massaging the lymph nodes under my jaw. They are swollen so something is afoot. When the Whatever Virus tries to make a comeback, I'll go back on the AV's. Read an amazing article about a study that seems to confirm that children who suffer from stress at an early age have changes to their genes which put them at risk for inflammatory illnesses as adults. Divorce and having a missing parent were two of the stressors mentioned. The effect of the stress causes their bodies to be unable to express correct proteins. This is likely why the amino acid/peptide injections help to correct the problem. Unfortunately for people my age who have been sick for decades, the correction doesn't seem to last. Wish I could afford to take the shots all the time.

Hope everydobby has a wonderful windup to the weekend.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie; I would very much like to read that article about children developing problems. I'm sure that was me from the age of around 11. My mom and dad would fight then my mom would become her PA self, wouldn't talk to us....terrible stress from her. Would always tell ME that the next time, she's going to pack up and leave. I lived with that fear constantly when they would start arguing again. I'm sure that's why i have so many problems. I read something years ago that as we 'more sensitive types" have stresses that hit us (such as pain) our body stores that memory of it and we can't get out of the pain cycle....I guess kinda like the "phantom pain" that those with lost limbs still feel it.

I'm sorry the red tide is doing a # on you again. I don't know how you continually keep having to go thru all the cycles with the AV. I'm sure it's completely draining of energy. Why is it that some people just breeze thru everything and then there are US who have to fight almost daily with something?

Rock: I'm so sorry for the computer problems. Been there so many times. Hope you can contact this attny. Might be interesting to chat.

I'm listening to an over the top action novel, Altar of Eden by James Rollins. Wow. One of those that I can hardly wait to listen to the next CD. I'll have to check the library to see if he has anymore books that i can order. Stories like these can really help to take me out of what I'm going thru.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Wow! Just had a scare. My sweet neighbor, Tracy, just had her car jump the little cement bumper under the carport and it ended up on the lawn. Thank God she didn't hit the building. I ran downstairs to see whether she was okay. She said the car just lurched when she was braking. She is a safe driver and I figured it was her car. I was so angry at the man across the street. He was standing outside and talking loudly on his phone. He was using profanity and talking about how she really ****** up. Then he was saying that to a guy walking by. Finally, Joe went over to him and he was saying that stuff to Joe. I knew the men were ganging up on her so I went into the street to talk to Joe. He said that it wasn't the car; it was the driver. I told him to just stop it right then and there. I told him that other guy is a jerk. Joe then came over to talk to Tracy and he was nice. None of the other men came over to make sure she was okay. What if she had had a stroke. All they wanted to do is attack. Tracy is going to take the car in to the dealer. I'm pretty sure there was damage underneath it when it scraped over the bumper and back.

I've had that happen to the Highlander after I brake at a light. I make sure I put a lot of pressure on the brake to keep it still. I went online and found it to be a common occurence. All the posts were about Toyotas and it's been known about since 2004; the Highlander is a 2003. Never been a recall that I know of and no fix for it. Hybrids, like Tracy's Prius, can suddenly switch from electric to gas when braking and cause them to lurch. I called Joe to tell him about it and he agreed that the guy across the street is a jerk. This isn't the first time that guy has displayed his nasty side. It upset me to see men acting like this. Joe is a good person and would help anyone out but he was ready to just fall in with jumping to conclusions. I'm glad I stopped him before he was rude to her. He just told me on the phone that she is a nice person. I would think he would feel ashamed.

Sun, I'm sorry for all that stress you suffered. I've always said stress is the worst thing for everyone. Childhood stress can doom us to a life of illness. I didn't bookmark that article and can't remember what I was researching at the time. I came across it by accident. It wasn't a very comprehensive article and only referred to the study. I'll see whether I can find it again and you might search on childhood stress and inflammation. I also haven't searched here for any articles. PH has a big library. Yes, it is tiring to keep cycling with the AV but I'm glad I have it to keep the virus in check. I just have to cycle off and on to keep it effective. I had to do that with the ABX for the mycoplasma. Both things dig deep into cells to escape the immune system. Fortunately, the mycoplasma infection seems to be in a latent state (knocking on wood). You have had more than most when it comes to dealing with illness. I keep you, and all our Porchies, in my prayers.

Rock, I've noticed at the back of many books, especially in the info about the author, that there is an email address to contact the author. Hope you can find it if it's there.

On a lighter note, I was watching Modern Family On Demand. The two partners, Mitchell and Cam, got a new smart fridge. I had to think of Duckie with hers. Seems both of these guys were vying for the fridge's affections. The AI voice in the fridge was named, Bridgett. I understand how we can feel about our techie things; Alexa almost seems human. She wished me a happy weekend today. In the end, the guys gave up the fridge out of their love for one another. There is a pretty, but also pretty dim, daughter in the show. She is with a guy who makes her look like Mensa material. They were walking through the house and he looked at a new globe in the living room. He said, "When did we get an Earth ball?" Don't know why but I laughed out loud. I needed it.

My day has gotten more off the track than usual. Joe said I didn't look right but he may have just been trying to shift attention. He has seen me at my worst and I don't think I look any worser than usual. Hope all y'all have an even-free day unless it's a good event.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

OMG, your poor neighbor and then to have those men ganging up on her, saying it was all her fault. Some people you just want to reach out and throttle them.

I read something interesting today about cleaning with bleach....eeegads.

lydia1

Good Sunday morning...gonna be a beautiful day with a high of 60. I could take this weather all year long, lol! The air smells so fresh after the rains. FYI...best to actually measure the colloidal silver you add to the water before snorting it up your nose...felt like I was frying my brains! I've read that the silver needs to actually come in contact with the germs/infection/gunk in your sinuses...but a little dab really will do ya :eek: Fixed a giant (10 inch pan) ham, cheese and mushroom omelet for breakfast...Den and I split it and each had a "skinny bagel" (he likes either sizes and I try to reduce or limit my "breads" so I can make either one in the four slice toaster...oh, the things we take for granted, lol!

Rock, I'm sure it would be nice, in a way, to visit "back home"...but exhausting, for sure. Do you have any family who still live there? I felt only disappointment and sadness the last time I went through the town where my parents used to live before moving to our farm...it was the town I grew up in (from 4th grade thru high school) but we didn't spend much time there after I left home, except to visit my parents. When I stopped by the mobile home park where my mom and dad lived for almost 30 years, it was just so hard to see another trailer in "their" spot...

Mikie, hope that Red Tide keeps heading out of the area. I do the lymph system massage (I think from the video Sun suggested one time) and it seems to help, although not as dramatically as the lady doing the video seems to experience. I looked for a battery-operated wand blender for Lorene, but haven't found one yet.

Sun and Mikie...it makes a lot of sense that our minds (and bodies) would retain the traumatic/stressful events in our lives. I lived with the "flight or fight" situation for many years...as a child and as an adult. The past year or so is the first time I can remember being nearly stress-free, in my entire life. I have to admit that sometimes it seems almost "easier" to be in something familiar (stress) than the foreign (to me) relaxed, peaceful life/season I'm in right now. Not sure if that makes any sense...something that seems to be a work in progress for me. Not that I don't think there will be stresses in my future, but maybe this little "break" will equip me to handle them in a better, healthier way?

I miss my dad a lot, but I had almost forgotten how to live without the worry that he was going to get sick, end up in the hospital, etc. And anytime I was gone from home overnight or longer...I was constantly on edge that something would happen to him...but my kids and hubby still needed me to live my life...

Mikie, I was just ready to post when I saw you'd been here...oh my goodness! Glad Tracy is okay...shame on those boys for just assuming it was the "woman driver". I didn't realize hybrid vehicles did that. Joe is probably ashamed, but may not admit it, true? I have to talk to Den that way sometimes when he goes into "guy mode" (sorry, Rock, Gordon and Barry.) Den has mellowed enough that he listens to me now, lol...wasn't always that way.

Editing now...posted just in time, before I hit a wrong key, lol! Thought I had lost this novella, but it was still there. Was just gonna wrap up and wish everyone a good day...Barry, Granni, Star, anyone else who's visiting...drop us a line and say "Hi!"

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I got a load in the washer but have no NRG and no drive. Joe was telling me he's been feeling lazy. I don't think all men act like the guy across the street. In our hood, there is a real 'bust your chops' sense of humor but it was totally out of place in this situation. Had a car run into Tracy, they all likely would have come to see whether she was okay. Joe shows how much he likes me by teasing me all the time and I'm used to it. I'm just glad Tracy is okay. One thing I can't stand is bullying and mean people.

Sun, people used to combine bleach with a powdered cleanser like Ajax and some even died from the fumes. I use bleach but am really careful. Nothing else gets rid of the smell that can emanate from the garbage disposal. I also pour some into the toilet bowls after I scrub them. Thanks for the article.

Julie, that omelet sounds delicious. I love eggs and pretty much anything else that goes in them. I want to hard boil some eggs. Publix had 18 eggs for little more than 12. My ex now refuses to go to our hometown because it has been 'ruined' by some high rise buildings downtown. I think that most of it is still the way we left it but changes upset him. He lives in the past. Try to enjoy this relaxed season of your life. It is difficult to let go of the stress we become accustomed to. I think meditation helps a lot. I'm also getting used to finally being pain free emotionally from my ex and my biological father. Seems to me that most of us here had stressful childhoods. I had just never made that connection to damaged genes which lead to inflammation in adulthood. It was an 'aha moment.'

Don't know whether I've mentioned to y'all that my DD said she got so much out of a sermon at church. It was about when Jesus was asking followers why they worried about where the next meal was coming from. He assured them that He would take care of them. I told DD maybe they were sick of loaves and fishes. She said yes but the wine was okay. Seriously though, DD realized that there would be problems ahead in life but that she would handle them when they appeared and would stop worrying about them. Most of the time, we do rise to the occasion and handle things, even very difficult things. I'm trying to know that in my heart and stop worrying.

I just checked the box and SV pooped and peed. The pee volume wasn't up to the usual but it wasn't bad at all. I hate to be so OCD about him. He doesn't seem to feel as well as he usually does so will keep an eye on him. I have to see my own pee doc in the morning.

Sending love, hugs and prayers for all our Porchies.

Love, Mikie

BTW, I looked for the article and couldn't find it. There are a lot of long scientific articles on the subject but no shorter ones which are easy to read. In any case, the findings were the same--stresses in childhood can increase inflammation in adulthood.

Last edited:

lydia1

Hi guys...apple butter in the crock pot...I may be up till midnight with it, but oh well, lol! Den is outside working, but I'm just taking it easy today.

Mikie, I agree...not all guys act the way the guy across the street did. And sometimes the "mild" guys just get caught up in the excitement? Some women can be the same way, true? Yes, I'm sure the whole hood would have come to the driver's aid if there had been serious injuries...sounds like you have quite a "family" there. Good for SV...praying he keeps it up!

Sun, I saw what you said about bleach, but I forgot to mention that Lindsey hasn't used bleach in years...she considers it a poison. David does still use it on their white countertops sometimes because they get stained so easily. I use it in extreme circumstances, but we've found that for mold, etc. we get results with a product that encapsulates the mold...can be used as a mold remover or preventative.

Gonna go through my Goodwill finds...I've been stockpiling dishes (glass, stoneware, etc...anything that's not plastic) will share with Lindsey's family once I decide what I want to keep. Want to run it all through the dishwasher, anyway. Better get back to work...Den just wanted a smoothie for lunch. I have salad fixins and might get some "salads in a jar" made up...so handy to just grab something healthy and already made.

sunflowergirl

About the bleach, I still use it in the washer for the white. I also use the toilet cleaner that clings and pour some in the drains when they smell. I often wonder if I didn't damage my lungs years ago and it just took this long to have breathing problems. I remember I was at our other house, cleaning the shower with bleach......and I think I had also sprayed ammonia........BAD FOR ME. I ran out of there, almost asfixiated, choking on what I did!!

Julie: I found some really neat square wide mouth jars, similar to the old ones in the 40s at the dollar store. A buck apiece, probably about 2 pint size. I think they would be good for me to make up some salads like you do.

Mikie: I try to remind myself that God is always there to take care of me, especially when I'm wallowing in troubles.

I did a search and found quite a lot....here's just one:

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just getting ready to go to bed. I've taken my BP meds and just hope I can stay awake to watch Poldark. Nothing on TV cept college football yesterday and nothing but pro football today. I might enjoy watching football with a group but not by myself. Tracy stopped by before she went out with her cousin this evening. She was really shaken from that incident. Her mother died several years ago and her dad is in assisted living. She never married. I think it's kinda tough with her Mom gone. Glad she feels like she can talk to me. She's really concerned that it will happen again. She said it felt so helpless not to be in control of the car, like it had a mind of its own.

Julie, thanks for your prayers for SV. I really appreciate it. I offered him water from his goblet in the kitchen but he didn't want it. I came in to watch the news and brought his goblet in with me. I sat it on the floor between my feet and he took a good drink. He may be drinking when I don't see him; I hope so. What do you use to prevent and clean up mold? There is a spot of mold on the silicon caulk around my tub and it won't come off. I need to redo it so would like to use something before I do to try to keep any more mold from forming. What I'd like to do is tear out the old tile and redo it but it's so expensive and I'm no longer up to these projects. Fortunately the tile in both baths is like new and it's white so it goes with anything.

Sun, like you, I use bleach but sparingly and carefully. It's the only way the cushion covers on my white denim slipcovered sofa will come clean. I put SV's wet food he leaves down the disposal and run it right away but it will cause an odor unless I pour a bit of bleach down the drain once in a while. I don't think you wallow. All of us have to live with these cruel illnesses and it gets old and it gets very discouraging. I have very strong faith and know God will take care of me too. I have to remind myself that we cannot see the big picture in these mortal existences. Alex Trebek gave another interview and he is talking about the possibility of facing death. He's not afraid but wishes he hadn't gone public when he thought the chemo had gotten the cancer. Damned cancer. We need to fight it and find a cure just as though we were fighting any enemy. With all the advances in medicine and research, there is no reason we can't find cures. Thanks for the link. I'll read it.

Granni, I hope all is well with you and yours. Miss you here on the Porch.

Gonna bid y'all a good night.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: The problem with cancer is you never know for sure, until the end of your life. I find it's always hanging over me. I talked to my 94 year old MIL today (she's my DH stepmom) and she's been treating for the same bladder cancer as I have for almost 5 years. She told me she just had MORE scraped out in september and starts the chemo sessions in 2 weeks. Told me this time it will be 6 rounds.....I was surprised when she said she had only had one round of chemo each time she had surgery.....my doctor told me you MUST have 6 so I question her doctor. The lady who is head of my art group just lost her sister, age 74, to blood leukemia. She had some other type of cancer and had gone thru bad times with it and when this showed up she said no more. They all took short fun family trips while she was still able, and then died in hospice a few weeks ago. She lasted about 10 weeks after diagnosis.

I used to toss a lot of Clair's wet food but decided I would just put down the little can on the floor on a paper plate and she can eat what she wants out of it then it goes back in the frig. Too expensive to just toss.

lydia1

Hi gang! Ready to head to bed...just put the apple butter in the fridge, didn't feel like messing with the freezer bags at 11:00 pm. I can do that tomorrow before I start another batch. Wish these apples would last longer to eat fresh...Lindsey's kiddos go through them like candy.

Mikie, I wasn't sure if I could mention the brand name of the product...edit if necessary...it's called Concrobium. The active ingredient is Sodium Carbonate. The bottle says it may not "whiten" stains on contact...may need to scrub, but we've found it works pretty good at preventing a recurrence. We buy it at our home supply store (Menards) but probably any of them would carry it.

Sun, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL and that you have to deal with the same thing. Watching both of my grandmothers, my MIL and my mom die from cancer was very hard. Speaking of wet cat food...I don't buy it, but I do save scraps from meat, etc. for them. Of course, most of our cats are wild outdoor animals and do their own hunting...I do feed them dry kibble, and Peace Sign comes in (sometimes several times a day, lol) for a treat.

Boy, I just feel the days slipping away...I'm busy most of the day, but seems like I am always in slow motion. If I could just get to sleep when I go to bed, but that's when the pain really kicks in (when I try to relax.) I could take a muscle relaxer or something, but then I am so groggy and out of it when I try to wake up in the morning.

Anyway, I'll see what happens...here's to a great week! Den will turn 65 on Friday...we'll celebrate Sunday with Amy's family (Keira's is that day.) Take care, everyone!

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Slept so so last night and, at least, got enough to get by. SV hasn't peed since yesterday but drank some water last evening and again this morning. Not gonna panic and will keep an eye on him. Tracy texted me when she got home. I know how much that shook her up. I just hope the dealership can find out what happened. In other people's situations, the dealerships said they could find nothing wrong. Well, there is something wrong and I have to wonder whether Toyota is covering it up.

Sun, I know recurrence is always in the back of people's minds when they have cancer. I'm glad they can treat bladder cancer but it seems like it's really hard on you. It would be on me and that's the only gauge I have. You always approach it so bravely. I see my urologist this morning and will take the CD with the x-rays of my kidneys. I live in dread of those stones' growing and moving around. At least, they aren't life threatening and I'm glad they can blast them with ultrasound. My neighbor had successfully, she thought, gotten rid of her breast cancer years ago but it came back. She opted for chemo even though the prognosis was grim. Instead of enjoying the few weeks she had, she was sick all the time from the chemo. Scientists say that we will all get cancer if we live long enough. St. Jude's Children's Hospital and Research Facility has reduced childhood cancer from 80 percent fatal to 20 percent. We have the ability to wage war on cancer but it will take more than the effort we are putting into it now.

Julie, SV has to have a prescription diet, including his dry food, wet food and his treats. He can have nothing else. Nancy's old cat lived for years like that without a recurrence of his urine crystals. I was hoping it would be like that for SV. Doc may put him back on kitty Xanax to relax his bladder. He doesn't like taking it. Thanks for telling me about that product. We can mention the brand names of anything. PH just doesn't want us to provide URL's to other sites that sell things, especially competing products to those sold here. They can't control the quality of products sold elsewhere and they can't assure the safety of using those websites. They are committed to safety for our members. I feel my whole life slipping by and it seems I get nothing done. So discouraging. I'm not eating right and that doesn't help. Gotta get back to more veggies and fruit. Tell Den happy birthday. He's now officially a Senior.

Gonna go read the lame Monday newspaper. I'll be back later today.

Love, Mikie

springwater

Hello

some
excitement going on in the neighbourhood i see, Mikie. I wish it werent of the stressful variety. Poor Tracy. This is what i mean when i say people are so angry and impatient these days. Jumping to conclusions that your friend was at fault. The right thing would be to run upto a lady and ask if she were okay! And then say what was to be said. Even then, show some respect. Not like the men are pre teens or teenagers. Crikey!

Had a very unfortunate incident take place nearby. i was coming from town in a cab and saw an accident had taken place. Nasty one. A car had had its front completely smashed in with two air bags deployed but with a rent down the middle. And in front on the road, a motorcycle smashed into two. Shards of it everywhere. Huge crowd and police everywhere.

Apparently the biker was speeding and rammed the car with two ladies in it. Nothing happened to the ladies. But the biker was taken to hospital.

i found out the ladies were from a house nearby, their DD had been to school with my DD. i immediately rang my DD. Later her close friend happened to mention that her boyfriends festival was marred because a young cousin brother had just passed away in a motorbike accident. Yes, the accident site was the same. It was him. The accident the scene of which i saw probably an hour after it happened.

im sorry SV has you worried. ill pray for him. Can you sage your building? It feels like the energy is iffy atm. Things happening. Even Joe feeling sluggish.

i know it sounds outlandish but someone i know, she heard a loud noise outsideof her house, but insidethe compound. A big bang. She investigated but could find nothing. But in our culture we believe sometimes negative energy arrives that way, in a ball of energy. i mean i dontknow why anyone would do it to your building but for her, lots of unfortunate things started happening. of course, we also have ways of dealing with that stuff.

Sun - upheavals when growing up seem to leave a mark on persons. Especially if unaddressed or not dealt with properly. i suppose i mean if there is no proper closure. It affects a persons behaviour, or character and it has an impact on the physical health. Maybe thats why breathing exercises are so important where you breathe out emotional and physical junk. i wish they would introduce meditation and relaxation exercises in schools from early on.

Stress seems to begin very early. Competing. The syllabuses. Being inundated with electronics. The imformation overkill.

nice to know you got hold of an author you liked. i remember devouring Agatha Christie until they started sounding the same. i was hooked onto Alistair Maclean for a bit. Very gripping.

Rock - nice to see you being able to post again. I think ive cut the umbilical cord to my old hometown in India. i did not like it as much when i visited three years ago. For one thing, no one i knew in school is there anymore. For another, too much construction. I loved it when i was growing up but its changed. For me. My friend still has her family there, her siblings and families. So i guess she still likes going back.

Granni - you must be busy with your outings and the chores.

Star - im glad you are able to deal better with your DH and his mums behaviour, that the couselor was helpful. ive found life is ups and downs and relationships too and it helps to always remember the good things and know the bad will pass. The tricky thing is to not get snowed under when the going is tough, to find coping mechanisms. Stress busting, an outlet for ones anger or hurt but which does not affect others in a harmful way. Shouting is great to get it out, but more often than not makes things worse.

there are times when i want to lash out at DH, DD or DS. But i mostly just remove myself until things have calmed down. Indulge in an activity i like. Bring those stress hormone levels down.

Barry - as always im transported into a place of beauty and peace reading your posts. was laughing at the fur babies antics. Its much the same here. i bought a halloween mask and put it on and a black cloth and crawled towards the dogs to scare the them. Two of the oldest dogs didnt give a whit, they were wagging their tails and brushing up against me. The other three were scared out of their wits, they vamoosed away so fast and barked the place down. heh heh. now theyre not as scared but they still growl at the mask and keep two feet distance away.

Last edited:

rockgor

Hi Kids

Got no sleep last night. I usually sleep for a few hours. Oh well. Gave me more time to watch You Tube and read. Just watched an episode of Are You Being Served? A British comedy set in a
dept store. We used to watch it on TV. Gordon gave me a package of CDs. Like most popular Sit
Coms it had memorable characters. I think all the actors are now deceased.

My evil computer has unleashed a new problem. The message I posted and copied here 4 days ago
is still in my computer. So no matter what I copy, it still prints out my old post. Clearly too much
of a good thing.

Mikie, all get cancer if we live long enough? Yikes!! As for me, I am ready to go anytime. I would
like to finish whatever book I'm reading at the time though. Hope SV is fully recovered shortly.
If Kitty has any health problem, she had not revealed any. I think she's about 20. I am teaching
her a new word: paw. Speaking of words, I put a pun at the end of my last post, but the
computer went crazy which sort of directed one's attention away from same.

Julie, nice to know Lindsey's kids go through the apples. Only fair; the apples go through them.
I used to eat lots of apples. Always eager to try a new kind from the market. Can't chew them now.
Did you have the birthday party for Den and Kira? Gee, I haven't been to a birthday party for yonks.

Sun, sorry that cancer is on your mind. It seems to be pretty much around all the time. What is it?
The number two killer. I would think cardiac problems is number one.

Hugs right and left, Rock

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Woo Hoo! Good news! Saw the urologist and there has been no change to my kidney stones in a year. He said we can always do lithotripsy to blast them away if they cause problems. There is one stone in each kidney, 5mm and 10mm. Drinking a lot of water is working (knocking on wood). Traffic was no problem; the office is just down the road. I got in and out with no waiting. This is the perfect time of year when the Snowbirds are gone. I feel shaky today so came right home. SV is sacked out. I don't think he feels great but with cats, who knows? They sleep most all the time. More good news--I found a very large pee clump in his box so I know it isn't dire and, if he pees again today, I'd say he is okay. When there are crystals, he licks his man parts all the time because the crystals are painful to pass. No excessive licking.

Spring, I'm so sorry you had to see that accident and then find out the young man was a friend and didn't make it. So sad for the family. I'm glad the two ladies were okay. We just never know. I say a prayer of protection when I go out. We have motorcycles going by at very high rates of speed on the main drag outside our hood, usually about 2:00 a.m. when the bars close. Some motorcycle drivers will do stunts at high speeds like standing on the seats while traveling or doing wheelies. Several have been killed. They aren't required by law to wear helmets. A car ran into Barb's DD and DSIL. DD was thrown over the motorcycle and had some injuries. Those injury sites are now giving her fits. Deep breathing is something my watch reminds me to do and it really helps me to blow off stress. Yes it should be taught in school.

Rock, the article I read said it may take 200 years for some people to get cancer but everyone will if he or she lives long enough. Some of us have defects in our immune systems which allow cells to mutate and grow. Environmental conditions can cause the same thing and some of those cancers aren't caught by our immune systems. I suspect we will eventually have cures but, at this rate, I won't live long enough to see it. Rock, the only reason I can think of for the computer snafu is that, when you are saving the new posts, they aren't being saved so the old one is the only one in memory. Do the Ctrl+a to highlight the whole post and then, with the post highlighted, press on Ctrl+c to copy. To retrieve it, press Ctrl+v. I pray I don't die until the condo is decent. When I've been sick, it can get to looking pretty messy, especially my bedroom. Sorry I missed your pun. You are still the king! SV knows some words. Cats are smarter than people give them credit for. They're just smart enough not to show off and be doomed to a life of doing tricks like their canine brethren.

Gonna rest a bit and have my lunch, not necessarily in that order. Hope all y'all are having a good day.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: That's great news! So glad the stones aren't growing, keep up the water. How much do you think you consume each day? I have to keep reminding myself!!!!! Clair has been on that special urinary food for a few years now. I was blown away at first by the huge baseball size clumps. I basically clean out big ones daily out of two boxes. I have a third box nearby for backup but I have a barricade up so she can't use it. And I have water bowls in 3 separate places for her.

Julie: So Den will soon be officially a senior! So glad he is retired now and can enjoy his retirement as he sees fit. How much more on the apples? What a job.

Spring: Motorcycles! Death traps on wheels. It scares me to death when I'm in heavy traffic on the freeway and some idiot is whizzing in and out of lanes. Life is so fragile and we never know how long we're given. By the way, I've been meditating for a few weeks now, only trouble is I find I drift off to sleep a little!!!!!

Barry: I wanted to tell you about a natural supplement to help with anxiety.....I woke this morning around 1 a.m.....anxiety really bad from pain, etc. Remembered about NutraSleep by Source Naturals. I took one and tried to go back to sleep. Woke again from pain around 4 but thankfully no anxiety. Read up on the ingredients. These are basically ones in a supplement that you can find at any health site. Anxiety is an awful thing!!!!

Rock: I'm so glad you're able to post again. You are missed when we don't see you. Yes, I suppose eventually many more will get cancer. Our food, water and air are so polluted. We've done a good job at killing our earth. I know so many many who have died from cancer, including my DH. At almost 75, I'm cleaning out more closets around this house, hard for a collector, but I don't want to leave unnecessary things for my family to get rid of. I'm staring at the future and planning ahead. Of course the most important is being right with God, and praying for family and friends who aren't.

I'm waiting for my cleaning lady and my gardener to come then I have to head for the PO. I messed up/changed things apparently on my Etsy site, and ended up selling something to a person in Italy. I had blocked all countries in the past because of some troubles with something sold in Russia.....what a nightmare. Hoping this will all go good.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just came in from outside. The dryer vent cleaners are here. I heard them sticking the wand in my dryer vent but didn't hear the compressor that sucks the lint out. I look up on the roof and the guy was up there and the compressor hose was connected to the wand so hope it cleaned out the vents. Year before last, the worker never came but the co. sent bills. We made them come back out. Now I don't trust them. Claudia drove by and stopped to give me a hug. She is so sweet. She saw something on the news about the problem with Toyotas' lurching. I hope they can fix Tracy's car.

Sun, I hope all goes well with the sale to Italy too. Buona fortuna. I drink 80 ounces of water on a good day and 60 on a slow day. Doc said to aim for 64 ounces and all should be well. I also have three places for SV's water plus his goblet. He only has one litter box but it's a really big one. Yes, those pee clumps are huge. I felt anxious this morning and it wasn't from seeing the doc. I've just been getting anxiety from time to time. My Mom used to get that too. Had some broccoli for lunch to get a green veggie in me. Also had apple sauce for fruit. Tell Clair that SV says hi (meow).

Gotta get off the computer and move around. Love to everydobby,
Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Clair said back to ya! Got the package sent to Italy and actually Etsy charged her too much so basically I sold it for a little more. It's really a crap shoot if you're going to receive anything from another country, never know if it gets stuck in customs or not. I tried to send this buyer an email but it came back she didn't have an account with yahoo. Oh well, i tried.

My cleaning lady told me her expected granddaughter seems to be the normal size. She's due dec. 11. I've told you that both expectant parents are little people but the mother had normal size parents and siblings. They had an ultrasound done on friday and everything looks normal, meaning headsize, length or arms, weight etc. the only thing is the doctor may have to take the baby early because mom has no more room in her for the baby. They were told if they waited too long the growth of the baby might stop and could have shorter arms, etc. what a worry.