PORCH 1164 IS NOW OPEN (10/30/2019) | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1164 IS NOW OPEN (10/30/2019)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

SV and I are just hanging out and enjoying the early morning. Only got about six hours of sleep but don't feel too bad. He is drinking some water but not gulping it down as he usually does. I don't know why he goes through these drought periods but it isn't good for him. I use all kinds of trickery to get him to drink. My hair needs to be colored so think I'll do that today. I got a lot done yesterday and want to keep it going today.

Younger DD called yesterday. She was driving home from her class at the college over on the west side of town. She has a marketing degree but is learning to use a CAD system to design spaces for her decorator business. She is also learning hand drafting and finding it enjoyable. Claudia's daughter said it was too cold to take her little two year old out to trick or treat in Denver. I had no one come last night. Claudia had only one from her bldg. She brought over a bag with a little decorated metal pail with Dia De Los Meurtos designs. The Day of The Dead celebrations last through Saturday which is also my ex's birthday.

Older DD is going to LA with DSIL this weekend. Now that their little dog is gone, she doesn't have to stay home to care for him. I'm so glad she is going. She needs a break from all her school. The next weekend, they are all getting together to celebrate her sister's birthday and her Dad's. Perhaps he will give the older DD the watch then. I haven't heard from him. I need to send him a check for my half of the watch.

Granni, did your doc mention taking Acyclovir to get the EBV to go back into latency? That is why I have to take it when my WV gets out of control. It's very effective. We don't know whether mine is EBV, CMV or HHV-6, all the usual suspects when we have chronic Herpes Family Viruses. It's impossible to feel well when being overrun with a viral infection. I have had no problem getting my Losartan. Not all the manufacturers have had the problem of contamination. Same for my Ranitidine. I hope you get better and tolerate the new BP med well.

Julie, I am so sorry for your friend. That is what John McCain had. Been praying for her.

Sun, don't know when ex will give DD the watch. I've kinda left everything up to him. He seems to be happily surprised that I trust him to handle it. That's nice of you to have treats for the kids. It's fun to do things for little ones. It takes so little to make them happy. I am also very thankful that they caught your cancer early and that it is treatable. I know the treatments are a pain and I keep you in my prayers.

OK, gotta to. SV is pawing at me for something. He may just need some mama love. May you all have love today.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

lydia1

Good morning, friends! 29 degrees when I got up around 8:00...Peace Sign was at the front door and gladly came in for breakfast. Guess she has forgiven me for catching her in the door. I slept okay once my finger quit throbbing, but it takes a dose of pain meds before/at bedtime to get it to calm down...we think it is looking better, though, and I follow up with my PCP on Monday.

Mikie, glad you're feeling more like yourself and able to get some things done. Sounds like your girls are quite "go-getters"...lots of goals and they are reaching them. I'll bet they get their determination, discipline and drive from their mama :)

Sun, hope you're doing okay after chemo...I guess you know the drill by now, but will be glad when you're finished with it for good.

I just can't stop thinking about our friend, even dreamed about it last night. Cancer is no respecter of anything, true? No matter how smart a person is, how much money he/she has, etc., etc. Of course, I wonder how Den would manage if anything happened to me...he would step up, of course, but he and Oreo had a hard enough time with me gone for less than two weeks, lol! I could get smoothie kits made and meals in the freezer, but eventually he'd have to cook for himself or hire someone. A little silly to think about it, maybe...not worry, exactly...but just drives home the idea of getting our ducks in a row (farm cleaned up, etc....so the "last man standing" is not left with a big mess and lots of decisions to make on his/her own.) Of course, lots of things can happen besides cancer...best to be prepared, spiritually and otherwise.

I'm so happy for Lindsey...she's on her way to a ladies retreat with her church gals. They're headed clear over to East Tennessee, staying in cabins at a state park that is near the church where the meetings are held. She'll get to enjoy the fall weather, hiking and just being "away" for the weekend. She's almost never without the kiddos...worked out that this is David's weekend off duty so he can hold down the fort. They don't really have anyone else to watch the kids for any length of time, besides me...I told them they just need to move back a little closer to home, lol! David's mom is having some health issues and the rest of his family has a lot going on, like most people with small children/grands.

I'd better get up and get busy...all I've done is fix breakfast and have been sitting here on the computer (and watching woodworking shows with Den.) Hi to everyone and hope all is well...

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Still not doing much. I'll watch the noon news and then go color my hair. That should make me feel brighter. I got the dishwasher going and said a silent prayer of thanks for the modern conveniences. I'd make a lousy Amish wife. The carpets look so nice from Roomba's cleaning them yesterday. The tile floors still look nice too. I cleaned out the tub yesterday but I really need to recaulk around it.

Julie, you're right about trying to be prepared for anything. Of course, we can't prepare for everything but we can try. It's really hard for men when they lose their wives. Joe is amazing but I know it is still sooo hard for him. He really loved his wife. Some men get married again not long after but he says he has no desire to get married again. We have that in common. None of my gal pals want to get remarried either. It's hard to see cancer steal a friend away. My friend across the street died after her breast cancer returned after years. She was so brave and calmed the rest of us down but it was awful for her husband, her sister and the rest of us. She kept reminding everyone that she was going to heaven. Sometimes life is so hard. Her husband is doing well, all things considered. He has the support of family and friends and that means everything. I just ran into him at the mailbox.

Thank you for your kind words. I did work hard back in the day to achieve my goals, that's the only way to get there, but I have no determination, discipline or drive left. Another good reason to strike while the iron is hot. I'll bet none of us ever expected to be struck down by illness that makes life such a challenge. All those years ago, something just told me that I had better do what I wanted to because the opportunities might not always be there. Sho 'nuff! Are they making dentures for Lindsey? I'm glad she's well enough to travel. I'm also glad your finger is better. I'll keep praying for you and your friend.

The company that owns our local newspaper also owns USA Today so I get to read it online too. There was an article today about how oldsters are embracing technology to help them stay independent and how much their kids like it. One woman was 94 and used Alexa to remind her to take her pills. Another had a smart watch in case she fell (gee, that sounds familiar). There is an amazing new product called the Tango Belt. It senses falls coming and deploys an air bag around the hips to keep people from breaking them. If it works, it's an amazing idea. I stood up fast today and almost fell over. I may have that thing where the BP plummets when standing so I need to be careful. Just turning my head fast can cause dizzyness. Another thing Joe and I agree on is being able to live independently as long as possible.

Finally, people were finding all kinds of ways Alexa can help around the house. We wouldn't buy these things for those tasks but it is icing on the cake once we figure out how to use them. Turning lights off and on is a big thing. I no longer have to grope my way in the dark to the bedroom because Alexa will turn off the light once I get there. Of course, I could go in there, turn on the light and come back out to turn the one in the living room off but it's the one I almost fell over when reaching to turn it off. I look forward to all the tech that helps keep me safe and living alone. There are 10,000 Baby Boomers turning 65 every day. Look for all kinds of products to help us.

Speaking of which, I need to clean out SV's little water fountain. I got him to drink a lot out of his little glass goblet and am thankful for that. If he has any discomfort peeing, he will stop drinking. I found two little ants in his bowl after breakfast so the ant war isn't over yet. I put the poison back outside.

Hope all y'all are having a dandy wrap up to your week.

Love, Mikie

bct

Hi Gang.

Granni, thanks for your kind wishes, and YES our power is back on! What a hassle. By the way, you spoke of elevated EBV titers in your blood. I was tested a number of yrs. ago, and the doctor said it was the highest EBV he had ever seen, and was probably the reason for my fatigue..... but who knows? I was put on six months of antivirals -- can't remember which one ---but I didn't have a follow up. I was completely cured of my pesky cold sores though! Every doctor has his day, I guess, and that one went away. Am seeing a brand NEW doc this next week. I am so excited (not!), but am just sick and tired of so MANY docs to see...
I think once you have EBV (Human Herpes Virus 4) ya got it forever, dormant or otherwise. Best wishes to you my dear.

Julie, sorry for your finger infection! I hope it clears up soon, and glad you saw a doc asap! What do the Amish do about doctors? Do they have their own, or are they like the Christian "Scientists"....???

I am blue today.
Love and PEACE to All,
Barry

Granniluvsu

MIKIE - Haven't heard from you this morning. Go back and check my last post on here asking you about your EBV virus. Seems that was high in my blood work. Hope you feeling half way normal , what ever that means. I don't even know what normal feels like or means any more.

SUN - My b/p is the kind that can just spike. It is OK at home, sort of anyway and then I get there esp to a new doc and if I am feeling bad I know it will go up and sometimes sky high. I love the idea years ago that I might be able to go natural on the b/p with no med but that doesn't work really. I do not know what it was in the new docs office yesterday, I should have asked her but I know it was probably high. She asked me if I was in pain and I said yes. The first time I went there she sad it had spiked. I have been in Dr offices where it has been 200 over 100 plus. At might I usually take it after my shower and it is pretty good ( last night it was 130/70 but if I am stressed out or in a rush and in a lot of pain it can go wild). I think I got this partially from my dad who had a similar problems with spiking. A couple nights ago it was 148/71 and I took it 5-10 minutes later and it was 123/70. All this started when my pain started years ago. Thanks for your interest and asking. I tried different supps and teas and no really made enough difference to be able to go off meds. I am also on Verapamil. Today was the first day off Losartan 100 mg and on Edarbi I think the name of that is. Had never heard of it before. It s more expensive for sure. Can't tell any difference yet . If no changes in the b/p med in 2 weeks I will start another med, for my symptoms. :eek:

JULIE - So sad to hear about your friend having cancer. It is just terrible. It makes many so sick and takes so many lives. I hope your chemo went to OK and you are feeling well enough,

Thinking of everydobby also inc ROCK, BARRY ,SPRING WATER and all our MIA's.

Not to much new today just did two loads of wash. DH wants to go take a walk so will see if he still wants to do it. It has gotten a little warmer I think. Its been 30's and low 40's in the mornings. Have to eat early and go to church for All Saints Day. I could have sung at the Mass but didn't want to have to rush around and go to practice and wasn't sure which Masses to go to, last night or today.

MIKIE - I see we were posting about the same time. Please read above and let me know what you know about the EBV that seemed to be high in my blood stream. Keep on fighting those ants :D . I know what a pain that is. nothing exciting happening for us this weekend.

Bye for now.

Love you all,
Granni :D

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Granni:. You've got anxiety at times and that's what makes your BP go up.....same with me. I've had GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) since I was a teenager. At times when I was going to have the chemo, they would take reading and tell me I might have high BP. It would be up around 180/85. I said no, just "white coat syndrome". Honestly.....try sitting quietly and do some deep, diaphragm breathing, concentrate on your breath going in and out. Do a search for how to do this, lots on youtube. I've had to practice this, making sure the diagram goes out when inhaling and in when exhaling.

My BP can be high and when I sit down for only 5 min. And do this it comes waaaaay down to 120/70....perfect. I was seriously thinking about going to my PCP a few weeks ago because it was just HIGH......then the day after I had seen the cancer doc and she found nothing, my BP came down to normal. Whether I wanted it or not, my thoughts were on the unknown. I don't want BP pills, I need to keep mine under control naturally. And.....I walk 30 min. A day whether I feel like it or not.

Feeling very tired today, so decided to pass on my friday art group. Just don't feel like chatting. I was up and down most of the night but the pain seems to be better this afternoon than in the past. And.....the cancer I have is one that can come back, so the chemo will have to be done every 3 months.....forever. But if this is all I will have to deal with then I can do it.

• Love

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just woke from a nap. Was going to go color my hair when I hit the wall, hard. I went in to bed and fell into the deepest sleep. I woke, went to the bathroom and went back to sleep, again in a deep sleep. I really must have needed it. So, the hair will wait another day. It isn't too much of a mess and not oily or dirty. I just hate to lose a day to doing nothing but, alas, that is our fate sometimes.

My ex just texted. He's still very excited about giving DD the watch. They will get together a week from this Sunday to celebrate birthdays and he will give it to her then. He keeps thanking me for such a great idea. I thank him for doing all the leg work. DD will FaceTime me after she opens her gift.

I just ordered some liquid pregnenelone from Amazon. It's the only way to get it without the stearic acid. I also ordered a complexion brush to use to wash my face. My skin isn't as smooth as it used to be and needs to be exfoliated. I need to be ready for my FaceTime closeup. I had $20 in rewards so used that to bring down the cost.

Before I fell asleep, I was watching the closing arguments in a murder trial that has been going on for a while in WI. The defense attorney was talking to the jury. He has to be one of the most inarticulate individuals I have ever heard. Every other sentence he said was followed up with, "Right?" His demeanor and points all sounded weak and rambling. He didn't have a cohesive wrap up but seemed to be going from one thing to the next in a weak and defensive manner instead of attacking the prosecutor's case. I don't expect Perry Mason but he should be a lot better than this. Of course, I haven't watched the whole thing like the jurors but, knowing what I know, I don't think I could convict the young woman beyond a reasonable doubt. I do think she murdered the guy but I don't think the state made the case. So, she may get off despite her bumbling attorneys. The woman on the defense team isn't much better.

Barry, I remember your mentioning your EBV. Yes, once infected, Herpes, in any of its many forms, is with a person for life. Sometimes, it stays dormant but, when it reactivates, it can make a person sick. I have enough other things that drag me down that the virus has opportunities to attack me. When that happens, I get a sore throat, feel as though I have a virus and I usually get a sore spot on top of my head or one whole side of my face hurts. It's unlike anything else and, when that happens, I pulse back on the AV. I'm glad you got rid of the cold sores. They are awful. I never get them full on anymore. Glad your power is back. What a pain!

Granni, I have been fighting the WV for decades and know when it reactivates. If I had high titres, I'd ask the doc about an AV. I'm sorry about your spiking BP. Around the house, it isn't abnormal for the systolic to go up when doing things and go back down once a person rests but your spikes at the doc sound pretty high. Mine is normally in the 120's over the 70's but usually go to the 140's over 80's in the doc's office. I do know that, as we age, it can be difficult for us to maintain a normal BP and keep it from going nuts sometimes. Some people have a kind of 'runaway' BP now and then. I hope the new med works out for you. I have never heard of it either. Brrr...that's pretty cold.

Sun, I'm glad you can meditate/relax to keep your BP down. It runs in my family and requires meds to keep it in line. Meditating with mindful breathing is very healthy to do in any case. The walking is good for it too. I'm glad there is less pain this time. Sorry you are tired but you are a real trooper so hang in there. I keep you in my prayers.

I keep all our dear Porchies in my prayers. Y'all are truly my family here. Have a lovely Friday night.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Dear Porchies,

Woke early. Decided to pay some bills online. I got a reminder email from Target that I had a bill due on the 10th. It's a good thing they send out reminders because I didn't get the bill in my snail mail. It was a very small amount but don't want to pay a late fee.

I'll stop back in later when our Porchies are awake.

Love, Mikie

springwater

Hello everyone

Thank you for the kind words about my family and photos.

Today was a Saturday so it was still quiet and the streets had less traffic than usual. i think many people who had gone back to their towns villages are returning. i really enjoyed the scant crowds while it lasted.

I had gone out to get some essentials in and while the mornings are chilly, the noon day sun can still scorch! Its layering time.

Mikie - i hope you didnt hurt yourself when you hit the wall. I remember a time i fell but didnt think much of it then, after a few days i found swelling and big purple bruises. i was surprised.

Its nice your DD can now accompany her DH on trips. i still feel a twinge of sadness thinking of her loss. it reminded me of my little furry ones who have had to depart when their time came.

Have you considered if you are getting sick due to EMF from wifi or other electrical outlets? i switch mine off when not in use and i dont use it too much.

Sun - good to know you are doing meditation and that it is effective for you. Many people here dont like taking medication for bp and they dont take other precautions. Mostly older people hate taking medicines.

My oldish neighbour told me she was told to take b p meds but she refused 5hem. She fell down in her bathroom and had a stroke and then passed away after a month.

We had one 90 year old man (considered very ripe old age here) who used to sun himself every day. He passed away in his sleep. What a peaceful way to go. No diseases. No conditions. Although he wasnt active. lived with his son and family.

Granni - i wonder what causes generalized anxiety? So many seem to suffer from it and stomach ailments accompanying it. i had it many years ago but it went away. Mine was probably from the stress of dealing with my inlaws.

Like Sun, i feel meditating or slow breathing exercises is a great way of calming down. Alas so much to do. Its difficult to settle down and do it.

Barry - your power is back on, yay! Relief. i hope you get back to feeling better soon.

Rock - do you still have fruit flies bothering you? i ask because we seem to have more of them. Usually they used to just be around the compost pail, now i see them flying around...even sitting on my wi fi router. How very unusual.

i read Greta Thunberg refused an environmental award saying the money should go to projects which aid environment. What a little lady! Very steely for a sixteen year old.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I bit the bullet and colored my hair. The color didn't go on as smoothly as it usually does; it felt sticky and gloppy. I was worried my hair would fall out. My hair is sooo fine and I'm considering getting one of those caps with the low level laser lights in it. One has to do it before the thinning and hair loss is bad. I'm not losing hair but it's so fine textured on top. The hats aren't cheap but they offer a money-back guarantee and they are sold on Amazon. One offers no-interest payments and that sweetens the pot. I've seen old ladies with such thin hair and it's so sad. I'm not especially vain but I don't want to end up like that. My hair still looks really good with a lot of styling product but I'm worried about the future. I also did a bit of a trim and that turned out well.

I got my liquid pregnenolone and my facial brush ordered. I also got a new gray gel mat for in front of my kitchen sink. Some of them are really expensive. I got the same kind I have now and it was cheap. Amazon is smart to have the Prime. I never have to worry about shipping costs and can just order when I need something. Their prices are usually cheap too. I used to get my pregnenolone here from PH but the capsules have the stearic acid in them and I don't think PH carries it anymore. I'm really tired today. I may not be getting the best quality sleep. Who does?

Spring, I laughed at getting hurt hitting the wall. Yes, DD said that, because they have no children, their dogs become their children and she thinks that is why it's so sad to lose them. It is a real treat for her to be able to go with DSIL this weekend and I hope she enjoys herself. I think they are going to the horse races in LA. DSIL loves the horses, something he got from his uncle. I envy your cooler mornings even though it still gets hot during the day. We are getting a taste of it with the cold front sweeping the country but that will only last a couple of days. I also like shopping when there is little traffic. I just don't suffer traffic anymore.

Well, Kiddies, gonna go down and bring up some paper products I had to leave in the car. I hope all is going well for everydobby.

Love, Mikie

• Love

bct

Hello Family. I pray for us all.

Sun, GAD. Yeah, I've got it too. I think that this whole world has it except for $$$$. Protests and demonstrations all over the world, and refugees, authoritarian regimes, climate change, and $$$holes.....

BP meds. I hate them but am supposed to take them because of my blocked carotid arteries. And statins. I'm beginning to feel real achy in the muscles in the morning when I wake up, mainly one leg. I am going to try and walk more than I have been, see if that helps. If not, so be it. I have to have dental work done, bloodwork done for everything thqt ails me -- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (indolent so far), ultrasound for carotids, see new doc and try to overwhelm him, get flu shot, see if the methyl-malonic block is still there, talk about the fatigue from hypogonadism, and, and, ...... Forgot a bunch of other things. Gotta make notes for him....

Spring, I think people like Greta Thunberg should and can be an inspiration to us all. Except the plutocrats, autocrats, and dum-dums or course! I guess you are glad that Diwali is over with, eh wot?

Mikie, you are FREAKING ME OUT! What the heck is a laser light cap? And colouring your hair seems most un-natural to me. I LOVE grey hair, white hair, no hair, and all combos. But if you are going to change the colour, why not to black or blue or green? Can't you get a buncha wigs and change them when you want to? Sounds fun to me... maybe I'll do that!

Today is sunny here, clear skies, cool. I want it to RAIN! I don't feel like doing much today. Nothing new there! But I will take a short walk into the forest, and then when back in the yard strip some persimmons from the tree. I'll have to use a rake to get them down. For lunch = peanut butter and persimmon sandwich, and some kefir to drink.

Wiped-out for now,

LOVE AND PEACE TO ALL,
Barry.

lydia1

Hi guys...afternoon here, we're having a heat wave...46 degrees. I had a nap before lunch, so am heating up some beef stew before I go over to my parents' trailer to work a bit. Torn between doing outside work and getting things ready for our kiddos...but feel like I should do according to the weather.

Barry, I hope the walking helps. I would like to get started myself, walking more...on the gravel road, out in the pasture (now that the cows have gone home (our farmer had his cow/calf pairs here for a few weeks...not the neighbors' renegade ones, lol!) It would be great if one of your doctors could figure out how to give you some relief from all those alilments...

Mikie, I've never heard of the laser caps...sounds like a neat idea. I seem to be in a "shedding" season, according to my hairdresser...comes out by the handfuls. I'm just not ready to go gray...when I do get lots of gray roots, I look so old and washed out...not at all like some of the ladies with the beautiful silver hair.

Sun, hope you're continuing to feel better after this round of chemo. You probably mentioned that it will be an ongoing process...I'm sorry I missed that.

Granni, Den has extreme "white coat syndrome"...but we both take BP meds because it does seem to raise above the recommended level.

Rock, I almost forgot to say Hi...how could I forget my fellow midwesterner? Hope you and Gordon are doing great.

Star, hope you are okay...I know lots naturally going on with kids at home, etc. Thinking of you...is it springlike weather there, yet?

I guess I'll keep my thoughts to myself about the young lady who was mentioned recently. I already lost one fellow porchie who I thought was a friend, due to my passion about not posting political things...private messages telling me what a terrible person I am because of my political affiliation. That really hurt, considering I have never started the political/climate change/illegal alien/etc. conversations...simply responded to the subject even being brought up. That's what I get for being a Conservative Republican, lol!

better get busy. Take care, everyone!

Mikie

Dear Barry,

Sorry for the freak out. I've always had a light to normal amount of hair, thicker around the bottom than on top. I am not losing my hair but it is such a fine texture. I won't be getting a laser cap because those don't help with hair texture, only with growing more hair for people with pattern baldness. So, I will try to get my hair into a healthier condition and just go with it. Worst case scenario, I can buy a topper which is a little circular hair piece to add to the top of my head. They look quite cute with shorter hair. If my hair were a nice white or gray color, I'd consider letting it go natural but it's not. It's a mousy brown and the gray just makes it look mousier. My cousin had the same thing and she looked so bad. She was once a very pretty woman. This mousy color makes the complexion look worse than the hair. Yikes! I've never cared about being pretty but I hate looking in the mirror and looking all dragged out and mousy. Coloring my hair brightens my outlook and that's worth a lot to me.

I'm sorry you are dealing with all these conditions and appointments. I hope the new doc and you get along and that he can help. I just rolled over the calendar and I have no appointments this month. Woo Hoo. Seems that the last few months, all I've done is have tests and run to see docs. I get sick of it. I shouldn't whine because none of what ails me is life threatening; it's just exhausting. Greta is even more amazing because she is on the Asperger's Continuum. She is very high functioning and smart. I noticed a little something when she was speaking but I figured it was just speaking in a language that wasn't her mother tongue. I sooo admire these young people who are becoming active in trying to save the planet. They may be our only salvation because the powers that be seem to care not about our planet.

I heard that y'all will be getting $100 for the inconvenience of having no power. Well, I guess that's better than nothing. Feel better, my friend.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Mikie

Dear Julie,

You understand about feeling better with colored hair. My Mom had beautiful snowy white hair. If mine were like that, I'd never color it. I used to shed too but don't down here. Maybe you're getting your winter coat. Does this mean a harder winter? SV has been shedding a lot and he threw up one of those hair tubes--like a hair ball but tubular. I think that's why he hasn't been drinking water. I started to think about it and he threw up a tube after the last time he didn't want to drink. I brush him but it doesn't seem to matter. On the one hand, men have it better because they can look good hairy, bald or in between. One the other hand, women have more options to look their best. I don't try for anyone but myself. Joe has seen me looking like the wrath of God. He doesn't care but I do.

I hope you are feeling better. Younger DD has been sick with a cold/bronchitis for three weeks in CO. AACCKK!!

I'm sorry if you have lost a friend here. We can have different views on things without that. I don't like political designations. There are a lot of different people than just Democratic Liberals and Republican Conservatives. Most of us fall in different places depending on the subject. I myself am a true Independent and am quite moderate, not a leftie or a rightie. I don't follow any party or carry water for any politician. I have voted both parties. It is a problem that today our nation is so divided and that politicians pay for working with colleagues across the aisle. It's counterproductive. We have huge problems in the world and they are becoming quite dire. We really need to work together to solve them. So I hope we can do away with the labels but if you want to identify as a Republican Conservative, that is okay. It's also okay if you have different opinions than I. Friendship doesn't depend on holding identical views.

We must have been posting at the same time so thought I'd respond to you before I bug out. Hope you continue to feel better and better.

Love, Mikie

• Love

lydia1

Hi Mikie, oh, I hope SV continues to drink and doesn't get in a mess again. I always feel so bad for my cats when I see them struggling with a hair ball. I think the Farmer's Almanac has predicted a harsh winter again...

I, too, have voted across party lines. I just spoke about being a Conservative Republican because I am registered as a Republican...I agree that we have a lot of problems in the world...I hope people in charge and who know how to do what needs to be done can get to the bottom of the corruption, lies, etc. Even if it turns out to be someone I support, I welcome the truth.

Just boiled some eggs and made tuna salad (and boiled extra eggs for whatever else I think of...I like to put them in lettuce salads and Den likes to just grab a whole egg and eat it.) I won't need supper cause I had a big bowl of stew and he doesn't eat a whole lot at all...so a grilled cheese and tuna sandwich with the little bit of stew that's left will be good for him.

Better get at it...my tree is upstairs, partly decorated (waiting till after supper when I have to come back inside to finish it) and here I sit, "burning daylight", lolol!

Mikie

Thanks for reminding me--I need to hard boil some eggs or I'll be stuck with some raw eggs getting old. Hard boiled eggs are so useful and handy. I also love popping one in my mouth when I need a bite to eat. Thanks for your kind wishes for SV. He's drinking now. I got some Hot Shot at Publix and it's as good as the Blue Magic at cleaning up his little barf spots.

I hope your winter isn't too harsh. I don't know whether it will ever cool off down here in the jungle. Hope you can rest so the crud doesn't make another try at you. Take it easy.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I'm with you on coloring hair!!!!! My natural is a medium brown with red highlights (that's why I just went red/auburn over 50 years ago) but now there's a lot of silver in it. I look much better when it's colored and I feel better also when I dare to look in the mirror. And I can't believe how many white hairs are showing up in my eyebrows! UGh. Can't pluck them all out or I would end up with very little left.

And you know I'm an independent thinker when it comes to political. I see the wrong that's done on both sides of the aisle. But I've learned to button up my lip since close family are oppositive thinkers from me.

Julie: Do you have thyroid problems? It's my understanding that's what happens.....you lose tons of hair on the shower floor.

Barry: What happened to the new lady doctor you got a few months ago and had a lot of tests run? Did she throw up her hands and pass you on to someone else? LOL

A cousin of mine emailed me. She had been visiting her son and his family in Northern California and no electricity hit them. Said it came on 1 hr. Before she was boarding the plane. Said they spent most of the time at the ocean since that's where the air was cleaner....smoke everywhere. We don't have fire around here but every evening the wind brings in the smell of fire.

I was up and down all night again, slept until 8:30 this morning when i finally fell asleep, but I'm craving a nap. I worked a little bit on a collage assignment for my little art group. I'm cutting up old experimental paintings where I had poured on acrylic paints and dropped plastic wrap over it. Makes such great interesting areas but nothing much else. So I'm putting them to good use and cutting out butterfly wings to glue onto an old WC painting of magnolias. Not sure how it's going to turn out.

Granniluvsu

Went to our daughter's house this afternoon to meet also with other DD and her DH to discuss food plans for the Thanksgiving dinner. We ate so much food for lunch. My DD is so lucky her DH likes to cook. After we left we took a short walk and then came home. I found out that the Thanksgiving dinner would be at the other DD's house who lives close by but not in our hood. DCG, who seems to be trying hard to work and not be to confused, was moving today to her new place much closer to her work. Unfortunately it has no furniture. She will sleep on a blow up mattress until she gets something, She will take the bus in to the Greyhound station and we will pick her up and bring her back to the station.

SUN - I have thyroid problems but am on meds so not sure if that is part of the reason for some of my hair loss. I got enough problems. No one notices it since I always had a lot of thick hair. I have lot losts and you cannot see patches but sometimes some does come out after washing in the shower.Sorry you were up and down all night. I know the feeling. Your art project sounds very interesting and will probably turn out great. Hope you feel better tonight.

SUN/JULIE/MIKIE -Yes, I agree with you about keeping my mouth shut when around others who do not think the same as I. However, it is also very sad for people to stop talking to people who were friends and then don't speak to them or are mean when they find out they think differently.. I know some others in our community who have had something like that done to them. I know of a sad situation of a person who that happened be friends with someone and when she found out she had different political views she unfriended her and said some mean things to her and really hurt her x friends feelings. The x friend is the sweetest person I know and extremely thoughtful.. I think it is so very sad, in may ways and crushed this other lady.. I have voted on both sides of the aisle and just try and do what is best for our country and community. If they find out things about either party that are TRUE and unethical then I will go with it. Enough of that stuff already!!

BARRY - Glad you got your electricity back on and hope you are doing better.

SPRING WATER - Hope all is well with you and your family. They are a beautifulfamily.

More later.

Love,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

We've had so many spammers lately that I try to check in from time to time. It's always good to see some of our Dear Porchies have been here. I'm looking forward to an extra hour tonight but it might not translate into an extra hour of sleep. SV will be wanting to get up at 3:00. He doesn't understand Standard and Daylight Saving Time. Seventy percent of people would rather we stop this madness but they are split on which one to keep.

Sun, sorry you were up and down. Your project sounds like fun. Seems as though you like to experiment and it's always interesting. I'm getting wild gray hairs in my brows too. I hate them! I have sooo much red pigment that I have to be careful that I don't get blond colors with 'golden' in the name; they turn my hair red. I don't look good with red hair. Wish I did. My kids and I are on the same political wave length but one DD's in-laws are diametrically opposed to her and DSIL when it comes to politics. When we are all together, we talk about everything else and avoid the pitfalls. Hope you get some rest tonight.

Granni, that is so sad about the woman who was unfriended. That can be traumatic. I can't imagine being unfriended. I don't understand throwing away friendships over politics. It's nuts! Nothing will ever get done if we can't work together. I'm so glad DD has her own apartment. Is there any way she can get some furniture free or cheap? I never give up the prayers for her. I'm so glad she is doing well. I think I'll likely be home for Thanksgiving. DSIL in CO loves to cook and DD loves to bake. I told her to check out the new issue of Southern Living because the pies in it are amazing. Claudia's DD is coming for Thanksgiving. I kinda like spending it at home alone. I usually get a turkey breast, some stuffing, a green veggie and cranberry sauce. Also some pumpkin pie. We Cancers don't like to mess too much with tradition when it comes to food.

Think I'll turn in and read. It's not that I can't put down my current book; it's that it isn't that good and I want to get through it. There are a couple of good new books but they are $15 for the Kindle. That's cheaper than buying the book but a lot for a Kindle edition. I really need to get back to the library. Even if I had to get on the list, I could download them to the Kindle for free.

Sleep well, my Dear Ones. Have amazing dreams.

Love, Mikie

• Love

rockgor

Hi Kids Just woke up from a nap. Went with Gordon to the library in the little town of Eagle Rock
and then did a couple errands and ended our marathon at Von's Market. Soon as we got home I
brought the library books in and took a nap. Woke up from the nap and found we were in a
crisis. Gordon says I lost two library books. Well, I haven't been able to keep track of things
for several years. I guess when I'm done here I'll go out and search his car. See if a couple of
frisky books are hiding in the trunk. He'll probably want to come along to make sure I don't
damage his new baby.

Granni, sounds like you are planning a great family Thanksgiving. That's what folks had when I
was a kid. The best ones were at the farm. Big table, lots of people, more delicious food than
folks could eat. We never had arguments about politics. Nobody in my family has ever taken
much interest is that subject. Of course we discussed current events: Jello has a new flavor;
they're giving away seed caps at the feed store again; Ted Erickson is now charging 75 cents
for a haircut; Sam is getting a new car this spring. He hasn't decided yet: Ford or Chevy.

Sun, you are always so busy with your various art projects and etsy store and reading and
researching. Which sort of art projects do you like best? The ones you've tried before and
know they will turn out just fine or the new and experimental kind? Hope your treatments
are helping.

Mikie, sounds pretty much like you and SV are living a contented life aside from the ugly
Red Tide. I wonder if any of the big chemical companies have attempted to do something about
this terrible plague. Do you think it would help if you only took half as many breaths?

Well, I've run out of things to say and energy to say it with. Hugs, all you nice people.
Rock