PORCH 1164 IS NOW OPEN (10/30/2019) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1164 IS NOW OPEN (10/30/2019)

ProHealth CBD Store

sunflowergirl

Ah yes......turn the clocks back tonight and I would say it's about time. But then I never know when I'll be up or trying to sleep but I like to stay in step with the rest of our world.

Thanksgiving is going to be very strange this year. My SILs family always gathers, and I'm always invited, but this year my DD and her family will be in NY city for the Macy's Day Parade. Their friend's sister works for the parade and both families will be in it, dressed as clowns, firemen clowns to be exact. Sigh. My DGKs are not happy about it either. Everyone knows people HATE clowns and think they're creepy!!!! So my SIL's mom called to say we could go out to eat since they had to stay home to watch the dogs. But my good friend has already invited me to her LARGE family dinner. It all depends on how I'm going to be feeling what I will be doing. I'm a person of tradition and to put it bluntly I'm not a very happy camper about this whole thing.

Rock: I get bored easily and always like new things to work on. Years ago I painted large canvases in oils of orchids, then other flowers. Then I switched over to working in watercolor which makes cleanup a breeze compared to the mess from oils. So working on collage right now feels fun to me.

Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids,

Didn't sleep well last night. Instead of once, I had to get up to pee twice. As predicted, SV wanted to get up at 3:00. He understands when I tell him to go back to sleep and he does. He'll go over on his side of the bed and curl up or will snuggle up next to me. I couldn't get back to sleep so read a bit. I'll be tired today. Well, I'm tired ever day so nothing new there. He just drank a huge amt. of water. Thank God!

Rock, I'll try to conserve my breaths. The RT is worse off Sanibel and Fort Myers Beach. It turns the water copper colored. I hate it. Most chemicals would only make it worse or have their own toxic effects. What a mess! I hope you find your books. Did you leaf them in the car? Are you in a bind? We're on the same page; I hate losing things too. I read you loud and clear, my friend. Maybe next time, you can look around before exiting the vehicle; now that's a novel idea.

Sun, fear and loathing of clowns used to be relatively rare, or so we thought. Now, lots of people, like me, talk about it. As a small child, I didn't hate them but now I do. Don't know why. I'd rather watch the parade than be in it. Isn't there an additive for acrylic paints that make them behave like oil paint? Don't think I could abide the fumes of oil paints. I still haven't gotten out to get pens and paper. No NRG! Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving regardless of what you choose.

Guess I'll start reading the paper online until it gets here. Hope all y'all enjoy your Sunday.

Love, Mikie

• Love
Reactions: bct

lydia1

Good chilly Sunday morning! But, wait!...we're supposed to get up to 52! Nice enough to wrap up some things outside and in the trailer...then will call it "good" for this year. Lots of things have had to "wait till spring" over the years...and I am already looking forward to the new year. Especially if we get the inside of the house and shop "in order" by spring and can concentrate on some "fun things" too...maybe it will be time to start actually gardening again, right, Barry? Den wants to have some raised beds, but I don't really care how it's set up. I enjoy digging in the dirt, but haven't wanted to try to do more than what I can handle...I used to have beautiful gardens (my grandpa said they belonged in Better Homes and Gardens, lol!) but it took a lot of time, then other things took priority.

Mikie, sorry your night wasn't restful. Den and I had a hard time getting to sleep, but I woke up earlier than usual (even by the old time.) Oreo is very "polite" and very seldom wakes us...just lies on her bed in our bedroom until I get up. Once in awhile, she asks Den to let her out to potty (he's usually up before I am) but she's always lying there, waiting on me when I wake up.

Sun, your kids must feel like this is a "once in a lifetime" opportunity? Nice of SIL's mom to still want to get together, but also nice of your friend to invite you...as you said, it depends on how you feel. This is, of course, the first year we won't be going to the nursing home for our holiday meals...I think it always meant more to me than my dad, lol! Sometimes (most of the time) he didn't even know it was a holiday. We will most likely be at home unless we go to Amy's (not sure when they will have Clinton's kids, etc. over...it will depend on all their schedules.) I used to have all the dinners (in the big farmhouse, when my grandparents were living) but I'm kinda glad those days are over...good memories, but so exhausting and often stressful.

Oh, the clowns. I agree that most of them are scary, but not sure if I've mentioned "Dizzy the Clown" who goes to the hospital, does face painting at community events, etc. She is a middle-aged gal, very petite, you can tell she loves kids and elders alike. I have an 8 X 10 of her and Den's dad...she is the only exception I can think of, though...all other clowns are creepy, lol!

I guess I'd better say a quick "Hi" and get breakfast made...afraid to switch screens and lose everything, lol! Hope everyone has a wonderful day and it doesn't take to long to change clocks, lol!

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I am really beat. I see another long, deep nap in my immediate future. It's cloudy here but isn't as hot. Kind of a down day. My new gel mat arrived from Amazon and it looks wonderful in the kitchen and is sooo good for the feet. My liquid pregnenolone arrived as did the facial scrubber. I put a couple of drops of the preg. under my tongue. I hope it works as well as the capsules.

I got DD's birthday card ready to mail and my other DD's graduation card ready too. I made out the check to my ex for my half of the watch and put it in an envelope, ready to mail. I have to take my recycle stuff down in the morning so will put it all in the mailbox then. I mail so little nowadays and it feels like a big chore. I do almost everything online now.

Julie, that is the difference between cats and dogs. SV is much more 'polite' than he was when he first came to live with me but he is definitely a cat. It's an improvement that he will stop poking me with his paw when I tell him to go back to sleep. I hope you and Den can get things in order by spring and you can have a garden. Be sure to do some fun things before then though. We have a few clowns in the community and they do good works. They aren't especially scary either. Still, I'd just as soon avoid clowns altogether. Mimes are right up there too. GAAKK!!

Hope all y'all are enjoying the weekend.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

When I grew up and my aunt used to take me to the circus clowns were more fun but I think after all this business with crazy people dressing up as clowns to do whatever dirty deeds, things have changed. My kids or all that I have to spoken to about it don't particularly like them either. That is a shame that things have changed so much with these crazy , violent and stupid movie. YOu will never see me or DH at any of them for sure. My kids don't like clowns either.. Not that we go to any movie really. DH wouldn't pay to go see a movie and I don't particularly see many I would like to see but I know there are a few out there. After our lunch yesterday at DD's to discuss Thanksgiving the cousins and DD's husband went to see Terminator. Just what I do not want to see. None of the ladies ( my girls) and my close DD's husband went, but the other DD's DH who just moved up here went, he is younger and into all that stuff. He hasn't grown up all the way yet , LOL.

MIKIE - I hope you feel better and get in a good nap. It was so chilly this morning at church although much better when we came home. Hope the stuff you just got in the mail works for you. BTW, it is even harder when it is your niece that unfriends you (me). However, it is probably fair to say there are other reasons she doesn't want to contact me much. Sorry you were up and down all night or so it seemed. I do the same thing most nights and I know that I do not sleep soundly.

SUN - I hope you slept a bit more last night but with the time change who knows, at least you supposedly get some extra sleep (MAYBE)! Hang in there !! Believe me that I understand and the frustration and lack of NRG, etc, etc. Hope the chemo sessions don't make any of it worse for you. Just see how you are feeling on Thanksgiving or around that time so you can do what YOU want to do and where you feel the most comfortable. I know is very hard to be torn when people invite you to Thanksgiving and other occasions.

JULIE - I know about cats and my grandcats my daughter has . They are so different from each other and definately let you know how they are feeling and what they want YOU to do for them.

Thinking of everydobby, and all or MIA's but need to go move my small wash to the drier.

Love to awl,
Granni :D

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just got up. My Whatever Virus is back so I took an Acyclovir. This is the 'normal' pattern. It comes back, I take the meds, I Herx, it goes back into latency, I stop the meds and it all starts over again. If I were to take the meds all the time, they would lose their effectiveness. No wonder I'm drop dead tired.

There is nothing on TV. PBS is showing Home Fires all day. I started watching it some time back but had a problem keeping the story straight. I have trouble understanding some of the English accents. I love the various English series and especially ones set in the WWII Era. Tonight is the finale of The Durrells on Corfu. I hate for it to be over.

Granni, my fear and loathing of clowns goes back before the movies. I don't know what started it. They just give me the creeps. It was cooler here today too. It's only 81 now at 4:45. It had been close to 90 at this time of day. The temps will go back up but it will then cool down again. I hope cooler weather will then be here to stay. I'm so sorry for what your niece did. I think she must be stuck in the anger phase of grieving and is taking it out on you. Some of my family couldn't get from CO to Mom's memorial service in NE and it would never occur to me to be angry with them. My Mom wouldn't want that either. You have been wronged and I know it must hurt horribly. I pray your niece gets into a healthier frame of mind for her sake and yours. SV certainly lets me know what I can do for him. :)

OK, gotta go brush my teeth. I like to brush them early so I won't be tempted to eat afterward. Was gonna dig the caulk out around the tub and recaulk it but didn't feel up to it. Gotta do it tomorrow. Something to look forward to--NOT! Please, everydobby, have a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

The thing that bothers me most about the going and being in the parade is there are crazies out there, who look for big activities like the parade to do something awful. I can't do anything about them going. Yes Julie: Those were my DDs words....a once in a life time opportunity. So all I can do is pray for their safety. I saw a pic of a group of people taken last year, all dressed like a fireman clown. I didn't used to be bothered by clowns, until I think the last 20 years or so.

No didn't sleep good.....6 times during the night I was up to dribble! *&^%$#@. I took myself this afternoon to drive to an art show, Watercolor West. I hate driving the freeways, and this was about 45 min. Away on the freeway, but thankfully the freeway wasn't crowded so I got there parked, hit the restroom first then saw the show. This is a hard show to be accepted in, some paintings came from as far away as China and Japan. I knew 4 of the artists who got accepted this year so I wanted to see their work. Hit the restroom again before leaving and when I got home ran into the bathroom again. I counted 6 times in a 3 hr. Period. *&^%$#@.

Mikie: The young boy in Durrells sure has grown up! Tall and a deep voice too. I think he's finally grown into his face! I've enjoyed the series but can still get it all from the library.