PORCH 1171 IS NOW CLOSED (12/5/19) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1171 IS NOW CLOSED (12/5/19)

ProHealth CBD Store

sunflowergirl

Barry: I did get the flu shot. This apparently was the norovirus, from what I’ve read. The kind that hits the cruise ships and wipes everyone out. and.......you’re never around other people except Richard. I go to the stores and lots of people pass things on that way, they sneeze, they cough, you have to touch the shopping carts....lots of ways to pick things up. Your DOCTOR needed Valium????? Do a youtube search for exercises for your hand. It might help. My son doesn’t come until dec. 19......I’m trying to stay calm

Granni: I know how you like crab cakes, here’s something for you to watch. I checked out a GOOD cookbook from Nancy Fuller called Farmhouse Rules. Went online and found this. I’ve been marking recipes to copy.....everything sounds sound good and easy to make.

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Good afternoon dear one,

SUN - A wonderful happy birthday to you sweetie !! Sorry I have missed so many posts I will have to go back later to read. Was gone a lot of the ,morning to get our drivers licences renewed and get the special star or whatever on them so they can be used for travel, as I understand it. I received a letter about it and others have too and DH had to get his done before the surgery. No telling how long before he would feel up to it . His b day is the beginning of Feb. I actually went quite early and we don;t have to go back until 2026, if we are still around and driving anywhere. I figure if noting else you need it to go shop for food.

DH needs the computer so will try and get back later. Just had to order a screen protector for my phone after it shattered a bunch coming out of the car. Just ordered some. Still working though so far.

Love you ALL,

Love,
Granni :)

• Love
Reactions: bct

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Been doing some cleaning and sitting with my shoulder iced up in between. I cleaned out the tub and did some dusting. Both require use of the sore arm/shoulder. SV begs for love the same as for food, water and treats. I gave him his ration so he's snoozing in his little bed. Roomba is docked so she can clean the living room after she is charged up. Not getting much done but, at least, I'm getting a bit done. Finished watching the new season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Such a great show but the ones on streaming services are only about 10 episodes per season. Can't believe I have to wait another year to catch next season. The production is amazing. It's set in the 50's and early 60's with all the cars with big fins and beautiful clothes of the era. The Jewish humor, which I've always loved, is sooo funny. I may have grown up in the West but I'm a child of TV and it was all broadcast from NYC back then. I saw the best of Jewish humor.

Barry, did the doc give you PT stretches for your CTS? It does help it. Look on You Tube. Is there a safe way to harvest blackberries without getting shredded by the thorns? I just got some that were HUGE and sweet. Flu shots don't help with every strain and I'm not sure whether they help at all if it's a stomach bug. Think they are mainly for respiratory strains. The WHO guesses every year which strains will be rampant. If they guess wrong, everydobby still gets the flu. I'm not an anti-vaxer but I don't get the shots because they make my autoimmune go nuts and that ain't good. If it gets riled up too much, it can go after my organs.

Sun, I'm laughing because I had already suggested Barry find exercises for the CTS and read your post and you suggested the same thing. Great minds... Publix has the germicidal wipes and I take two. I wipe down the cart before I start. After I load the groceries and use the card reader, I wipe my hands off again. It isn't fool proof but I'll take all the help I can get. Hope you continue to feel better.

Granni, so glad you got your drivers licenses taken care of. You may be able to renew online next time; I was but think I'll have to go in person next time. I dread the next picture on the license. The last two were great but the ones on my passport and permit to carry made me look like a felon. Topher the Millennial at Verizon talked me into a glass screen cover for my phone and I'm glad he did. He installed it and threw in a really nice case in the bargain. Have to put a new plastic skin on my watch though because I bang it on door jambs in here. When is DH's surgery? I can't remember anything.

A woman is on the news warning dog owners not to let them eat mushrooms. She was walking her little French bulldog and he ran over on the grass and ate some. He almost immediately got sick and, despite being hospitalized, he had to be put down. The woman is so upset. It's very sad.

As always, I keep all y'all near and dear to my heart.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Granniluvsu

HI MIKIE et al,

I renewed online a couple times already but I think I am to old now. It is either 79 or 80 that you have to come in to have eyes checked , I know plus that accident I had in 2016. Thank God that is over with for another 6 years or so . A DL unfortunately is a necessity now especially in some areas. I remember when I was later we could go across the street to the little corner store. Later on, not so close.

This afternoon I called Verizon after mucho cracks in at least my protector , there might be more underneath but I won;t remove it completely till I get the new protectors. It is still working ok and hope I don;t need to get a new phone. Now it is hard to navigate and see some of the writing. They wanted $60 for a screen protector, ridiculous.

SUN - That was an interesting video on the crab cakes, Did you get a recipe? Mine went off before it even mentioned how long to cook them.

Gotta run.

Need to get off,

Love,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Granni,

I live in FL where there are sooo many Seniors and our public transportation is horrible in Fort Myers. I don't have far to go and I'm still a good driver but I know the day will come. I guess with Uber and Lyft, a person could get by. I think Verizon has good deals on phones when they are older. I only had to pay $200 to upgrade mine to a newer one. The glass protector was $40 but the kids threw in the $40 case for free so I went ahead and did it. I probably could have gotten by cheaper on Amazon. It was just so much easier as he was transferring all my stuff to the new phone. I left with it ready to go. Have you looked on Amazon to see their protectors? I'll bet you won't need a new phone, just a new protector. Fingers crossed for you.

Geez, my acid reflux is bad tonight. I may take my pill early for that. I had some little cod fillets and they must be causing it. I'm trying to clean out the freezer. It's full of food. I have already brushed my teeth and used my Water Pik so won't be eating anything else. There has been no tinge of blood when I brush so the earlier hint of blood must have just been an irritation. With all these crowns, I have to be so careful to keep the margins between my gums and the crowns really clean. Everything takes more maintenance as we get older. Shoulder isn't feeling to bad (knocking on wood). I know the PT helps but it can cause pain too. I just have to trust it will get better and better. I for sure don't want to have to see the doc.

Hoping everydobby has a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

I tried to take a screen shot...too large. But here’s the recipe:

crab cakes:

1 lbs. picked over crab meat. (can also substitute canned salmon she said)
3/4 cup panko crumbs plus 1 cup for dredging the cakes (she recommends panko but can use regular bread crumbs)
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 large egg
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
S & O
vegetable oil for sauteing

tartar sauce

3/4 cup mayo
2 TBS chopped parsley
2 TBS pickle relish
1 TBS dijon
juice 1/2 lemon
dash hot sauce

in large bowl, combine the crab meat, 3/4 of the crumbs, mayo, bell pepper, celery, red onions, egg, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire. Season with S & P. Mix just to combine, don’t overmix. If you have time, chill in frig 30 mins. To make easier to form the cakes.

spread the 1 cup more crumbs on a plate, form the cakes into 8 patties, just a little shy of 1” thick. Dredge the patties in the crumbs all sides and rest on a baking sheet. If you have time, chill for 15 min to firm up. Heat 1/2 “ oil over medium high heat. The oil is ready when the top of a cake sizzles on contact. Fry turning once until brown on both sides, 6-7 min total. Drain on paper towels.

I love crab cakes......but need to search for FRESH crab

Barry: I forgot to tell you that the PBS special last week from the PT therapist basically said that if you’re hurting, then you’ve overdone one group/side of muscles. The way I see it.....my problem with carpel tunnel is that when it hurts for me I’ve overdone moving/holding my wrist in one direction and have to move it/stretch it in the other. A lot of cashiers at stores AND computer users get this.

I love this new ipad but hate this keyboard......I’m down to typing about 35 WPM because of all the mistakes ^%$#@!*. When I was a secretary I was over 100 WPM.

Duckie: I’ve been wondering how thanksgiving went for you. Hope your DD has made some changes. I’m loving listening to choral Christmas music too And think of you.

Last edited: