PORCH 1193 IS NOW CLOSED (4/10/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1193 IS NOW CLOSED (4/10/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

easter5.jpeg

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

It really is Good Friday. Once a year, my opening is accurate. I'm using the same pic as I have for two years. I can find no other that I like better. These loving little bunnies warm my heart. I woke at about 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. I read for a while and finally got up to have my breakfast. I had some raspberries last night before going to bed. I'll have more this morning. They are sooo good! SV climbed on top of me in bed and purred while I read. I love it when he does that. I'll likely have a couple of short naps today.

After watching the news on ABC last night, I made a donation to Feeding America. Watching people line up for food just breaks my heart. So many people and businesses are pitching in where they can. I was able to shop yesterday and buy pretty much anything I need. The least I can do is help others who cannot do that. People are still dying from this virus but the number of people needing to be hospitalized in NYC is leveling out. The county where I live seems to be leveling out too. We likely could have leveled out sooner had people been willing to comply by not congregating and now wearing masks. I was so shocked at Publix to see so few of us wearing masks. I can only do what I can do to try to help stem this horrible pandemic.

I won't have to shop for a while, probably when I am out of berries and need to shop for more. We pretty much have berries here all year round. Right now, they are plentiful and on sale. I'll have a second breakfast later this morning and will eat more of them. I hope everyone is able to get out and get groceries, especially you, Spring. I also hope and pray that all of us and our loved ones stay safe and well.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

rockgor

Hey Kids

Went down stairs to see what the latest news was about the plague. Wasn't much news about anything. Guess I was too early. I wish I could buy some delicious raspberries, Mikie. The ones at
the stores here are sour.

rock

Last edited:

springwater

I’m laughing thinking of Rocks reaction at his post getting cut off in the middle of a sentence. I am imagining him stomping off in a huff upstairs muttering things unlawful!

Mikie - that’s a cute Easter picture. Looking for Easter eggs in a meadow is one nice way of spending lockdown.

I’m getting groceries all right, the little shops open at specific times but the over zealous police come swinging their batons very quickly. They’ve got their orders, so that’s that.

We are getting all the essential stuff but no fancy stuff like cakes and restaurant food.

That’s okay. Not been missing them anyway. And of course no clothing. I hope no one runs out of underwear and the like.

Rock - I don’t think anything new on the corona virus front. People dying in record numbers in N.Y.

But they say new admissions are leveling off. I would hope so by now.

All the newscasters are so fatigued looking reporting day in and out on the virus and virus affected.

The UK PM is out of intensive care. bit of a relief for the Brits.

I saw a few veggies about to wilt in the fridge so got to work making a curry. potato, capsicum, green peas. I did not use brinjal because the others don’t seem to like it so much. The recipe called for mushrooms and carrots also left those out; no havee.

Then the spices, good Lord, tons of them, fenugreek seeds, coriander, szechuwan pepper, and about half a dozen more.

Must have been good. The dish got finished.

It was such a windy day. I love it. We normally have downpourings this time at least once but it’s yet to arrive.

There’s always a bad egg or two even during pandemics. The papers showed an Indian businessman who had imported large numbers of thermal guns, thousands and was selling them for four times the price.

I hope the long hand of the law gives him a whack where it hurts most.

I would think the govt would be given preference to buy such rather than private companies.

Today I forgot my mask and went back to get it.

There was a meme in the coronavirus hand washing in the net.. a kid showing his parent he’s been washing his hands so thoroughly, no corona can get him. He puts up his hand and it’s only skeleton.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

Hope all is well and you can come back. Think I mentioned that DD has raspberry bushes all along one side of their property. She gave them away, ate them and made jam. I love to eat them because they remind me of my visit to see them in August. We had them sitting out to snack on. Berries here are usually good. The huge blackberries are the best I've ever had.

I slept for about an hour on the sofa. This is exhaustion so bad that I have brain fog. The little naps help me get through it. The gardeners are cutting the lawn with their big noisy mowers so sleeping now isn't an option. I am reading an exciting thriller and it's so much better than the last one. It's set on the East Coast of FL. Think I'll get back to it and maybe fall asleep when the mowers move to another area. There is an area of grass between the pond and the lanai back doors of the units downstairs. SV sits by our sliding doors and watches them like a nosy old gossip.

It'll be 88 today, too hot for this time of year. Bah humbug!

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

Mikie

Hi, Spring,

I certainly utter the most awful things when my computer loses parts of my posts. The looks on the bunnies' faces make me thing they have been separated and just reunited into one another's arms. Or, they are a mommy bunny and baby bunny. Come back soon.

Love, Mikie

Mikie

Question For Everybody,

I don't do social media but do belong to FB so I can see what's going on with my kids. I do not post to my page and have no pics of myself. Some guy, whose name and face I do not recognize, has asked me to friend him. There is no info on his page about himself, only his pic and some cats.

I can't imagine how he even found me. I'm not comfortable just friending him like this. It has never happened before. Do I just continue to ignore his requests? That seems the prudent way to go. Any help is appreciated.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Wow

sunflowergirl

Hi gang. Just letting you all know I’m hanging in there like everyone else. I’ve learned to order using Instacart and also ordered online with walmart and got the time slot when to drive over and pick it up. Had trouble finding kitty litter, everyone out, but found I could order from a local Petco and get curbside pickup. The young girl was actually waiting at the door with the two giant boxes which she loaded into my van.

I’m keeping busy making masks, of course no elastic so have cut up some old Tshirts.....they will stretch for using in place of elastic. I made 4 masks the other day and drove them over to my DD......my stubborn SIL said he refuses to wear a mask but when my DGD called yesterday I asked if she had tried on her mask.....and....my SIL DID wear his mask the night before to get groceries. I’m giving the masks away to friends, etc. who need one. Got an email last week from Etsy management saying to MAKE and SELL them....can’t do that. Not right to make $ when one sees a need.

I’ve picked up a variety of old, dead, wrinkled leaves at the local park on my daily walk, and am working on botanical paintings in watercolor of them. And I was able to download PBS Passport so I can watch soooo many programs on my ipad.

and speaking of walks, last week I was talking to a neighbor around the corner and her son who was visiting.....stayed our 6’ distance. He said he shops for his mom, I asked if in his travels he found some baking soda (for the litter boxes) to buy some for me and I would reimburse him. His mom walked over later to tell me another neighbor found some.....a 13 lb bag for me. People are being so caring and thoughtful and helping one another when they are able to. So good things have come out of this forced isolation. Today is Good Friday. I plan on watching several online church services.

I try to call someone daily to see how things are with them. Unbelievably.....I have such peace thru all of this.

from what I’ve read it sounds like all of you are “going with the flow” until all of this passes. I’ve been in contact with Star.....they’re all OK, as is Julie.

take care, all of you

springwater

Sun - so good to know you’re up and active and helping out by making masks and giving them away. Also that you’re riding this very turbulent phase in our history peacefully.

I hope you can share your paintings of the leaves when you’ve completed some of them.

Mikie - please don’t friend anyone you don’t know. The net is not the safest place. People randomly sending friend requests is even more iffy.

I hope your exhaustion lifts soon.

God Bless

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just hanging out. Too tired to do anything else. It's a gray dreary day. I went down to bring up some of the stuff I bought yesterday and Claudia drove by. She was crying. She had just dropped off supplies for her Mom at the nursing facility. She can't go in and her Mom has no window. Her Mom is starting not to recognize her and I know it's so heartbreaking for her. She is Catholic and wanted to stop at the church on her way home. No services, she just wanted to pray. The church was locked so she couldn't be comforted by going in. I felt so bad for her. I just texted to make sure she is okay. This is very hard for her. She did appreciate my concern.

Sun, it's good to see you here. As usual, you are showing kindness to others. I think that is helpful in getting through this sad and stressful time. Glad you are able to get the things you need and that the neighbors are looking out for one another.

Spring, I am not going to friend this guy. Was just wondering what happens if I continue to ghost him. I checked the kids and he is not a friend of theirs. A kind doctor who is a renowned expert on Gulf War Illness has friended me and he may have heard of me there. I just don't know him and am not going to invite him into my world. I agree the web is a dangerous place. Thanks for replying to my question. Hope all is going well for you and yours.

I can deal with staying home and finding things to occupy my pea brain. What always gets to me is having no NRG. I want to do things but just can't. I did load the DW and will unload it. Of course all the hardship for so many people is upsetting. I feel guilty tuning it out but, if I didn't, I would melt into a depressed blob. My mind copes by blunting my emotions when there is too much stress or trauma so I can endure it. I guess I'm lucky that it does that but I don't like living without the full range of emotions. It will stop when I'm strong enough to handle it.

We will get through this and I pray all of us and our loved ones are safe.

Love, Mikie

I deleted the guy's friend request.

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

Gotta pop in and run and I found that the gal who is in my singing group is making masks like SUN. That is wonderful and giving them away. I told her I had some elastic she might be able to use for them since she didn't want payment. I need to drop that off and pick up two masks which she has outside n envelopes for people. Cleanined up a mess from the storm yesterday all over the property all kinds of limbs all over , etc.

SUN - So nice to see you and that you are hanging in there like all of us, and make use of you talents in sewing..

HUGZ to awl, MIKIE, ROCK, JULIE, SW, BARRY, ROCK , ET AL,

Hi to everydobby. Hope to see you again tomorrow.

LOVE, GRANNI ;)

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids,

Not feeling well. Still have the cough and headache. I think it's allergies but not taking any chances. I hate being so lazy but I'm exhausted. Don't want to get worse on the off chance this could be the virus. The gold standard seems to be a fever and I'm not running a temp so hope it is just allergies. Certainly has gone on a long time. I haven't felt well since that flu lite I had earlier in the year. Grace hasn't either.

When SV went in to have his teeth cleaned, they put a microchip in. Since then, I get all kinds of emails from the company that makes the chips and oversees the program. Just got one offering a high tech feeding bowl. For the small sum of $180, I can get a bowl that reads his chip and opens when he gets close to it. For $250, the upgraded bowl works with my iPhone to let me track his intake of food. Can't believe this. Do people really buy this? On the other hand, it would be nice to keep the ants out of his food. Between smart feeding bowls and smart litter boxes, all my money could go toward SV's needs.

Granni, that must have been some storm. We get broken limbs and debris from some of our wild summer thunderstorms. That's when I'm grateful for our gardeners. That's nice of your friend to make the masks and give them out. It's also nice of you to give her the elastic for them. Once upon a time, I might have been able to make some but I no longer have fabric lying around. Still have my sewing machine. Think I'll be able to get by with the one mask I still have left over from working on wood. Not going to be going out except for trips to Publix.

I'll be back later to check for spam. Hope y'all have a great start to this holy weekend.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

rockgor

Morning Friends, It's going on 3 AM here. I wanted something that would cheer me up so I went
to Youtube. Robert Benchley wrote a hilarious short speech called The Treasure's Report. Back in
the the distant past (the 30s or 40s) he used to recite it every night during a Broadway Show. Got
paid $500 a night. During the Depression! One of our funiest writers. Read a biography of him. Was a terrible person. Lived like a bachelor. Ignored his familly. Wouldn't even go to his son's graduation. A great friend of Dorothy Parker. I did listen to Bette Davis reciting some of Dorothy's verses on You tube.

Springwater, I did not stomp off in a Huffmobile. It was a Buick.

Granni, tell DH to clean up the yard. You are a singing artist. Very nice of your friend to make
masks for folks.

Well, fur crying out loud. I hear boards creeking behind me. It's probably the headless scarecrow,
but I'm not gonna look.

Mikie,how sad that Mom and her daughter can't see each other at the nursing home. I think you're
right. No good reason to invite a stranger over. We are living perilous times.

Sun, glad to hear from you again. Thanks for reporting on Star and Julie.

Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

I hate waking up so early in the morning. I slept til about 4:30 this morning. Allergies are better. I noticed when I wore the mask outside on my trip to Publix that I had no problem. It likely kept the pollen from going up my nose. I had my breakfast and lay down on the sofa for a half hour nap. SV got on top of me. Always a good thing to have a cat for a blankie. Just had a nice soak in the tub. SV came in and lay on the bath mat.

Just saw something uplifting on the news. A doctor's wife started a wonderful movement to get temporary housing for medical workers until this is over with so they don't bring the virus home to their families. She has put owners of RV's together with the workers. RV owners have delivered their RV's free of charge to the driveways of the workers so they can be close to their families without the risk of spreading illness. Sooo creative. Good people always get creative in helping their fellow humans in dark times. Bless them.

SV is tapping on the sliding door to go out on the lanai so I had better get up to cater to him. It's the least I can do since I'm not getting him the $250 bowl. Speaking of bowls, I donned my mask and gloves and loaded the little boys' Easter goodies into a new brown paper bag. Publix had no Easter baskets so I gave them little orange plastic bowls for their Mom to put the goodies into. My guess is that they will find all kinds of uses for the bowls--crafts, cereal, etc. I texted her to let her know all the ways I took care when gathering the candy.

Love, Mikie

D920D45B-2DCF-4C93-9F4A-5DBD81FBAE69.jpeg

I accidently did a full image. Oh my, I don't think I'm ready for a close up, Mr. Demille! Hair a mess and no makeup. Yikes!

Last edited:
  • Love

springwater

MIKIE - you’re very pretty! Love that photo. I love natural photos, where you see the real person. I like prettified photos where one has done make up too. We ladies love our make up.

I’m sad to hear about Claudia. I hope her mum remains comfortable and healthy.

Those cat gadgets are expensive. But SV likely doesn’t mind as long as he has his little springy toys, fountain etc.

GRANNI - I thought it would storm here but it just blew hard. Rained a teeny bit.

Stopped in time for me to go out on my daily scrounging around to see what is available. Got all the necessary stuff.

I had to ask a policeman permission to walk towards a vendor selling papaya and grapes. They were stopping people on motorbikes.

Rock - happy to see you popped in. How is Gordon’s garden doing. There’s a house I pass with fantastic big orchid in pots but I can’t see if they’re real or plastic. The other flowers are real. A jumble of petunias calendula, geraniums.

We all played mini golf today on DHs putting practice green. 5 balls each a turn. I don’t know how but I won. I was shooting the balls into the holes like a pro.

Kids looked impressed.

Evening, we had egg curry. It turned out quite good. My friend texted me that Netflix was free for two months.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Spring,

You're so sweet. Thank you for your kind words. I've found that makeup and masks don't work well together. This mask has to last the duration until we can find them to buy. That will likely be a long time. The metal gate to our tennis court needs to be repainted. I told the board that I think we can do it ourselves but it will need to be prepped with wire brushes on our drills. We need full eye protection as well as masks for that. So, the gate will continue to look shabby until then or we hire it out. I cleaned SV's little fountain and didn't fill it up. He had stopped using it and it's a pain to clean. I'll fill it later and he may use it again. He now prefers his glass goblet.

I'm glad the policeman let you go get some fruit. Having fresh fruit is the hardest part for me with shopping so risky. Egg curry--Mmmm! I almost hated to finish my egg curry salad. May make some more; I need to use up some of my eggs. Of course, I like them scrambled too. DH has his own putting green? That's wonderful. I'm so impressed that you won the putting championship. I'm picturing you holding a huge trophy cup over your head.

I'm watching a gardening show on PBS. It is filmed in a park with spring flowers. Beautiful bursts of color. I miss living where there is a true spring. We have some beautiful blooming trees and shrubs here but they aren't the same. I was in the Carolinas in the spring and it is my favorite place for spring blooms. Grace's home in WV has beautiful flowers.

Yes, it is really sad about Claudia's Mom. We were going to go have Easter dinner with her. I think she still remembers her kids when they are with her, hugging and kissing her. Claudia is afraid she won't recognize her with the separation going on so long. The virus has spread so rapidly in nursing facilities that they simply had to close it off, even to the families. My heart is pained by seeing the burden that Claudia has had to shoulder. Same with Nancy except for a different reason. She had botched back surgery and is in constant pain. She's so strong. Compared to them, my life is a breeze but that doesn't stop me from whining.

Glad you and the kids are finding creative ways to get through this. As always, I pray you are all safe and well.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Granniluvsu

HI there everydobby,

I really can't stay but have to go and finish glazing and cooking the ham we are having tomorrow. Then DH slices part of it to eat an store in the freezer. This way no fuss or muss, so tomorrow even though it is just us. The buzzer just went off so I have to run even before I got her.

Hang in there awl!!
LOVE,
Granni

springwater

Granni - the ham sounds delicious. Pity you couldn’t stay longer. Come back again when you can.

Rock - was it Gordon creaking? Lol, a headless scarecrow wouldn’t be that scary, I mean it would only be old clothes n straw.

Our rooms creak all the time. I think it’s spirits.

It’s funny how authors can be different to what they write about. Enid Blyton was one such. It seems she wasn’t this kindly gentle person one would imagine a writer of children’s fairy stories to be.

Joan Crawford’s daughter wrote an autobiography.. she said she and her siblings were strait jacketed into their beds every night. Their mum was off her rocker once she stepped off the sets and into home. Christine CrawfoRd or something.

Mikie - it’s roses season here. Tall, blush pink roses. Rambling scarlet roses, neighbors garage roof is covered with them, very pretty sight. Big orange single blooms, again tall, and white roses, profusely blooming ones.

The put - ting green is just a small strip of artificial green carpet with holes at the end. Very easy to lug around.

I was watching tv. One anchors little DD had made a very sweet mask for another anchor...they panned on it...it looked for all the world like an apron from sixties. Laura Ashley types. Printed white n red cloth strings and little ponies on a white background for the face.

When I came back from my outing to see what was available, I saw a man sitting in his chair outside his little shop, meditating . I thought conditions were ripe for meditating. Deserted street. Birds chirping. Fresh air. A little dog prancing joyfully but happily up and down the street.

The BBC showed a man who lost his wife to coronavirus, and his son was on air -they were grieving but wanted people to keep safe. The man was breaking up, he said they all thought it could never happen to them.

Keep safe, all of you, Barry, Sun, Rock, Duckie, Wildflower, Granni et al.

Last edited:

Mikie

easter6.jpeg

Good Easter Morning, Kids,

Woke to the sound of the paper smacking against the building at 4:30. It upset SV who was snoozing on the back of the loveseat in the front bedroom. I was so groggy when I went out to pick it up. Poor guy having to get up so early so we can have our papers. On the other hand, he still has a job and that's a good thing. He's a very nice guy. The paper is small. Probably very few advertising inserts. People aren't going out and many stores are closed.

I texted my pic to the kids yesterday and they had fun commenting on it. One DD said she had to go to W*M to get a PC for her CAD class; they have always had Apple computers. Said she was desperate. Other DD said she must be to go to W*M. She hates the place. DD the nurse said she is sending me several masks to get me through. She has had them over the years for her job. She is moving her home office upstairs so she can get more natural light. Right now, it is in the basement. She is slammed with patients. She has been doing this work for ten years and in that time, she has mostly worked with families, patients with anxiety and depression, and children, many with ADD.

Now she is treating more patients with serious mental conditions and many of those patients have other serious physical conditions. She has always been good at prescribing and is very careful. She said it can be challenging to prescribe for mental conditions because these patients are taking other drugs for their physical conditions. She has to be very careful of drug interactions. She is so thankful for all the doctors and nurse practitioners who mentored her along the way. She is brand new in this practice and has had to learn their way of doing things while learning to do telemedicine and now treating seriously mentally ill patients. She is good at it and loves what she does but this has been a baptism by fire.

She and DSIL went for a ride in their convertible to get out and enjoy themselves for a while. DSIL will be retiring from his sales manager job in a few years and DD said she thinks staying home has been a good way for him to learn to transition to retirement. He has been so sweet cooking for them every evening. She said it's so wonderful to come upstairs to a delicious meal. He's learning to be a gourmet cook. Over the years, he has learned to speak Spanish and play the guitar. He's very good and has been sitting outside on the front porch playing and singing for the neighbors. There is a cat that stays and eats at several of the homes and he was lying out on the porch swing while John did his evening concert. He is growing a big thick beard--John, not the cat. :) Wish I were there.

Joe called yesterday. We both agreed that we are very lucky for the lives we have. So many suffering right now. We laughed a lot and that is good for everything. Most of us just can't wait for this to be over with. I put on my gloves and mask and put the candy into a new brown grocery bag for the little boys at the end of the bldg. I didn't put it all together; their Mom can do that. I splained to her all the precautions I took when handling it. She said she can't wait to try the edible grass. As soon as it's light out, I'm going to take Claudia's Easter candy over to her and leave it on the chair outside her door. Hope no one sees me; I look awful.

Spring, you are right about conditions being right for meditating. Everything is quiet right now. Our building doesn't creak; it snaps, crackles and pops. It continues to settle after all these years. The squirrels transition from the trees out front to the ones out back and their little feet sound more like elephants running on the roof. I watched a show on PBS about Agatha Christie. The British actor who played Hercule Poirot in the movies based on her novels set out to trace her life. It was very interesting. I think only the Bible has sold more books than hers. Your roses sound so beautiful. My Mom always had roses. That is so sad about the man and his son who were grieving and yet sending out the message for others to be safe. Part of me is really struggling to believe this is all happening. From the rapid spread to the deaths to the poor medical workers who are exhausted and working without the much needed PPE, it is an awful time. I know at some point, I will break down and cry but right now, my mind won't let me take it all in. It's too overwhelming. Until then, all we can do is stay home, pray and try to help others. Hearing about your beautiful roses helps me feel better, knowing that Mother Nature continues to bless us with her bounty.

Dearest Porchies, I hope everyone has a blessed and happy Easter and until this pandemic is over, please be careful, be safe and be well.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

rockgor

Hi kids Just found an amazing statement on Youtube. It is attributed to CBS. "New York State has more coronavirus cases than any country in the world" And another gem, a girl who is probably a
teenager is holding a baby shark in her hand. She says, "I just rescued it from drowning."

Got an e mail from my ex secretary this morning. She wanted to know why we took a plague test if
we didn't have symptoms. I haven't decided what to tell her: Maybe: Because if they detect incipient symptoms they can start treatment early. Because the government will give you fifty dollars if you join their early treatment program. Because your name will be entered in the Las Vegas million dollar drawing where you can win a free trip to a town within driving distance to Las Vega.

Mikie, Did the French investigator find out about the blank space in Agatha's life where she disappeared for a while? Can't remember how long the period was. He DH was an anthropologist.
I wouldn't go into a tomb for the life of me.

Spring, if you want to see lovely roses in many different colors come visit us. We'll take you to
Rose Hill Cemetery. The have all kinds and all colors of gorgeous roses.

OK, was gonna post a pic, but the cursed machine won't cooperate.

Hugs, Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

Even if you drive to LV, it would be nice to have a million bucks. Hope you win it. Because of the lack of test swabs, it is difficult to know what city or country has the most cases but I do think NYC has been inundated with this awful disease. As to anything teenagers say...we can only hope they get some sense as they get older. DGS caught a small shark here when he was fishing. Of course, he threw it back as he does everything he catches. Catch and release still makes no sense to me if it's a legal catch and is delicious. Think I've mentioned that the decal on the back of my car reads, "Filet and Release."

Agatha Christie drove to a remote hotel with a spa and holed up. She left her car on the side of a road and there was a massive manhunt or, in her case, a womanhunt. It was after her phillandering first husband asked for a divorce to marry the woman he had been having an affair with. No one knows why she acted in such a mysterious way. From personal experience, I can only say that kind of emotional trauma leaves a person in shock even when one knows the man is a cad. The story has a happy ending. She met her second husband, the love of her life after the divorce. Yes, he was an archeologist and she loved going on his digs in exotic places.

Most beautiful roses I've seen were in the garden at the Biltmore Mansion in Ashville. Grace just called from WV. Doubt she has any flowers right now. It was only 34 degrees out. I delivered Claudia's Easter bag and she left one for me. Mine has a Chia cat. Can't wait to plant it and watch it grow. I have to read the directions but I think it is edible. Something to throw into my salads. Speaking of which, I need to go make one. I am hungry for some leafy greens. Hope you and Gordon have a safe and happy Easter.

Love, Mikie

• Love