PORCH 1195 IS NOW CLOSED (4/23/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1195 IS NOW CLOSED (4/23/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_marshallshepherd_files_2015_12_Kelvin-Helmhotz-clouds-snowbasi...jpg

Good Thursday Morning, Dear Porchies,

It's time for a new Porch. Be sure to go back to read all the posts on the last one. I found this pic of clouds that occur over mountainous areas. It's possible these were Photoshopped but I don't think so. Over the years in CO, I saw quite a few of these. They occur when the wind over the mountain tops produce waves.

Granni, hope you don't get any of the violent storms. We desperately need rain. So nice to have you drop in to welcome Willow. Hope you get a chance to post more today.

Sun, sounds as though you scored big at CVS and at the plant sale. The only thing I couldn't find at Publix is distilled water that I want to use from now on for my new coffee maker. Glad you were able to find so many things.

Spring, thanks for your prayers. Both of these people are really sick so your prayers are much appreciated. I pray for them and GB and her DH throughout the day. So much misery in the world right now. Even back when my kids were in HS, sneakers were a big deal. I remember the B&W checked Vanns DD had. The most expensive ones now are endorsed by basketball players. Big food giveaways here are running out of food. I heard that Publix is finding a way to get the food from the farmers to the food banks so they stop plowing it under. Publix does a lot of good to help the hungry. Like with Granni and me, I hope you don't get any violent weather. If it were to hail severely here, we would likely need a new roof.

It's starting to feel as though the whole world has shut down. It has but now I'm really feeling it. I know it's necessary until we get this beast under control. We take so much for granted when things are good. I have an eye appt. on the 30th. I'm undecided about whether or not to keep it. I'm going to call the doc's office to see what they are doing to keep from infecting patients. I'll likely need cataract surgery but don't know whether any surgeries are being done or not. I can live with this a while longer if necessary. I'm more concerned about keeping my kidneys going so I don't have to go in to have them blasted at the hospital.

Just heard on the news that the love bugs are back for about a month. They are the ones that copulate in the air and keep doing it until they die. They make a mess on the front grilles of cars and ruin the paint if not removed. Evidently rats are coming out in the open in big cities because there aren't people leaving food around. Things are getting downright Biblical.

Hope all y'all have the best day possible.

Love, Mikie

Home again, home again...just picked up SV's food. I emptied the last of his dry food into the jar I keep it in in the kitchen and that's my signal that it's time to get another new bag. I went ahead and got a case of his wet food too. Might as well. I checked to make sure no one is hoarding and that there is no scarcity before buying more than we need. A four pound bag of dry food and 24 tiny cans of the wet was almost $70. Still thinking of changing his name to Money Pit. I put a new scratching pad in his track ball toy/scratching pad unit. I showed him it was new. Then, I scratched it and he walked right up and gave his claws a good scratching. Smart little guy.

I called the eye doc and they are taking precautions so I'm keeping my appt. They are wearing masks. It's so beautiful out that it's hard to believe something ugly is lurking so I take care to protect myself and try to enjoy everything that is still as beautiful as ever. Saw two of my favorite neighbors out walking and waved to them. I'm doing laundry and the washer is pinging me that the load is done.

Last edited:

bct

Oh Mikie! What strange times we live in. All of my doc. apts have been cancelled; I especialy want to see the opthalmologist, but so be it. Can't really see him with a zoom conference! Face masks are mandatory in my county now -- Humboldt in NorCal. Otherwise you get ticketed.

WILLOW! So nice to see you! And such a lovely bearded iris. Mine are just in bud. The "Inland Empire" of Calif. is east of San Bernadino or LA I presume .... definitely warmer than here in NorCal (Humboldt Co.).
My dear Willow, please join our little group; it would be so nice to have other views and news. Any hobbies? Special interests?

Sun, did you get any very special plants at the sale? I wish I could get rid of some of my extras. I have so much that needs to be potted up in size -- the Calibanus, the Seyrigia, etc., etc. --- but haven't the NRG:(:eek::(. And these are just the house-plants..... bah, humbug.

The red-flowered dogwood "Cherokee Chief" is in lovely bloom, and the three colours of lilacs too. EVERYTH
ING needs work on it!!!:( To enjoy the beauty is what I must do to survive, and my reading of course. They keep me going.

And now I must go and talk on the telephone....
Love and Peace to ALL
barry
Later, crocodiles and love-bugs,

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just doing a bit of laundry. I replaced a light bulb in one of the outdoor fixtures. The kids at the end of the bldg. replaced it with one of theirs but I didn't know whether it's an LED and they are so cheap to run that I only want them in our fixtures outside. I thanked them for doing that but replaced it with an LED. I splained it to her because I didn't want to hurt their feelings. I told them I don't want them to have to spend money on bulbs because I buy them in bulk and they are budgeted for. I think they don't want to bother me with things that need doing but that's what I'm here for. Such nice kids. She thanked me.

Still tired today. I was sick with some kind of flu bug for months so I can't expect to be up doing a dance. Grace is the same way. I worry about her because she is in her 80's and her health isn't good to begin with. That flu really did her in. I had left a message on a neighbor's phone to check on her. She is also in her 80's and has health issues. She just called and is doing okay. I'm so glad to hear it. She is crafty and is making masks for nurses. Bless her heart.

Barry, always so good to see you here. I love hearing about everything in bloom there. I was kind of surprised that my eye doc is still seeing patients but I want to see about the cataracts. It's just that the eyes are an easy way for the virus to gain entrance into the body. Wish I knew whether I've already had it. News is now saying what we all suspected; the virus started here much earlier than originally thought. Yes, we all have to find what keeps us going. Like with you, I try to enjoy beauty every day and I read. I also love to watch TV but a lot of the shows I love aren't on or are in reruns. Been watching mostly PBS as has SV. Lots of nature shows on. Later, gator.

Have to go move a load from the washer to the dryer. Should change the bed but I'm just too tired to do it today. Bed isn't dirty but I need to rotate the mattress. It can wait another day.

Stay safe, my friends.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

Good afternoon Dear Ones!!

Hi MIKIE, BARRY, SUN, JULIE, SPRING, ROCK, etc,

Not much new here.. It is a very pretty day, sunny and not to hot yet. This morning Ifinished painting the posts on the bridge !! Yay for that one. Now I just have to two finish two spots that need pants and bushed that are to close by and we need to do so trimming. i would remove a lot more of the stuff than DH. He is so afraid of golf balls getting through to break some windows. We have had two or 3 broken in all the years we have lived here which is really not to bad considering we do not live to far from the tee box.

Had to make some lists for food as DSIL was doing some shopping today and then some tomorrow. He likes to hit all the sales in all the stores. He really has plenty of money but his folks were like mine and others with very little money when we were growing up. So we know what it is like to do without, not that we missed a lot of the extras. Didn't think about it at the time, many were in the same boat. We were lucky to have sneakers to begin with, they were like the KEDS, just plain with no logos or anything on them. I was happy when I just had a new pair of a different color, perhaps instead of just white. Our kids were told if they wanted something special that meant they would have less of them or other things. With 5 in our family (children) we had to be quite careful.. I suspect many other parents told their kids the same thing. It also depended , I suppose, on where one lived and the trend at that time and place.

I need to go soon and start getting the pork loin ready to roast. Now we wish we had a bigger freezer but we don't and DH isn't buying another incase electricity goes out or storms. We'll do with what we have. Hope they don;t run out of chicken distributors as we eat so much of it. I know quite a few pork distributors have closed down due to so many out with CV., I believe.

MIKIE - We were in possible line to those storms yesterday but it never did rain here, Just dark, dreary, felt like rain and we didn't do anything outside due to the storms that were supposed to come through or at least rain. We wee lucky however !! Have been thinking about GB and her family too. It is all so very sad but so glad they are OK and were not hurt !

Thinking of everydobby!!

LOVE,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Granni,

Glad the violent storms missed you. I too think about GB and pray for them every time I think of her. Also praying for my neighbor and DD's neighbor. It must be a huge relief to have the painting project done. When I was a kid, my friends and I all got a new pair of Keds at the start of summer. It was always so hard to decide between white, blue or red. We also got some new short shorts and tee shirts. We were all pretty much the same and we all had what we needed. We never had to think about it. No one was rich but we all had good lives. My freezer compartment is full and I need to eat the food that is in there. It's isn't a big freezer, just half of the side-by-side fridge. It's enough for one person.

OK, I'm outta here. Stay safe and well.

Love, Mikie

• Love
Reactions: bct

Granniluvsu

Hi MIKIE,

NO, the painting project is not done. I wish it were. The bridge part is done and now have some parts to do after removal of some shrubbery or branches. I would cut a lot of the branches off but DH doesn;t want that. In fact I would remove some of the whole plant/trees. Not even sure what it is. When I am done I will celebrate, not sure where - probably right here. Luckily, no rain forecast for today. Not sure about tomorrow yet!

Hang in there. TTYL alligators, crockadiles (sp) and whatever you may be ?????? Not sure about myself,
Love,
Granni

rockgor

hi everyone. well i went shopping for grubs two days in a row(mask and gloves). went to alhambra for asian products yesterday. got some meat, veggies, raw peanuts in the shell, rice noodles and a box of lemon flavor cream cookies. it was kind of sad being in the store. everythings appears the same; the shelf were stocked and it seem normal but i knew it wasn't. nothing would be the same as before - sad.

went out early today to restock rock's coke stash(addicted), some chocolate milk(another addiction), cookies, and a frozen pizza which i was wanting. hope i don't have go to out for awhile. when i come home i sanitize the door knobs, keys, and any change i get back(waiting to be a replacement credit card).

i would like to get a hair cut. i like it short. the hair is growing close to my ears. it makes them itch. i been trimming them but i'm sure it dosen't look too good. rock is not good with tools so there's no help there.

heard from my nephew yesterday. my younger sister spoke with him the other day and he asked how we were with sanitation products. he's getting a care package out to the both of us on saturday. told him we would reimburse him. he lives in az and all of his family are working.

been trying to transplant two new succulent i bought from qvc. now it's suppose to be in the 90's for the next few days. don't know their genus but they look like fun so i got them. alway nice to see something new grow in the yard. better water the orchids tomorrow or jim will hear about it and call me an abuser.

jim is sounding out other members of the club about an october auction date. he hasn't had much response. guess people are uncertain with this virus around. i'm afraid we're going to lose membership.

on that note i hope all are staying safe.

gordon

Willow77

Hi to everyone, Thank you for such a warm welcome.

Mikie- We, (my husband and I) used to live up in the San Francisco Bay area but about 5 years after hubby and I moved to California, my parents moved to the Inland Empire area of Southern CA. My uncle and his family had lived in the LA area since the 1950's. My sister stayed behind in Michigan. I have 2 sons. One in Georgia and the other in Utah. When it was time to retire and move we had been thinking of where to move for about 5 years and I am so glad, it really felt like God's leading, that we ended up where we are now. I wanted to post a picture of the view from my front window but the file was too large. We have a mountain range with snow on the top that is so pretty. Every morning Hub looks out the window at the view first thing.
This is a picture of the mountains at sunset. The sunset in the west reflecting off the mountain snow in the east.

I seem to get something new every 10 years too. The latest about 5 years ago is the IBS. I wanted to do plant based eating as it is anti-inflamitory but I can't eat the legumes. They twist my guts up into knots.

Does anyone know how long the iris will last? Do they bloom all summer. I have never had many flowers. I mostly grew fruits and veg with a few zinnias and morning glories for the butterflies and humming birds. Garden at the old house was too big. The house was tiny with a larger yard. Here the house is bigger and much nicer with a tiny yard which suits me just fine. The garden was so big it wore me out just to water it. A lot of the fruit was wasted too with just the two of us. We sold the house to a young lady about 40 who is engaged, and she has an 18 year old daughter. She was excited about getting a garden with fruit trees that were already established and producing. We got fruit trees in the new house but they weren't ones we were too interested in so they will be coming down a few at a time to make room for other things.

We have no pets. We had a dog and a cat and plan on getting another dog in a few years. We want to travel first. The kid in GA is getting married in the fall. We call him a kid but he turned 40 in March. The other boy is a pilot and is in training in TX to fly cargo. He started ground school for the jets on Monday.

Hi Granni- I don't know what OAB is. Interstitial Cystitis was my worst symptom for years. The pain and inflammation, burning and urgency, cramping etc. was very disabling for me. It left me unable to get out of bed some days for the pain. The kids were young then JG was 5 at the time and he asked me one day. Mommy why don't you smile anymore. It broke my heart. JI was 9 and I don't think he noticed. He was busy with friends etc. My FMS pain got so bad I was eventually put on Methadone and it was like a miracle for a lot of years but when Hub was approaching retirement I knew a new Dr in a new location wouldnt be comfortable prescribing it so I went to pain classes and went off all pain meds and sleep meds. I learned to meditate and selfcare with massage, a theracane and foam roller and a few other tools and now handle the pain with that and some of the other skills learned in class and physical therapy. I am so happy my HMO had this program available. It does mean I can't do as much but that is okay. I have a motorized scooter for when Hub wants to go to car shows etc. Walking is the most painfull activity. I learned yesterday in physical therapy. We are doing it by phone for now, that even if I can't raise my arms up all the way while doing tai chi that doing what I can and then visualizing the rest will still bring benefit. It is Dr. Paul Lamb on you tube doing Rehabilitation Tai Chi. I can post a link if anyone is interested. I am just starting and can only do part of the warm up. By the way I don't know if I mentioned I am 63 and looking forward to when I qualify for Medicare at 65. I have to buy my insurance now from Covered California. It is so expensive.

I am tired so I will stop for now. I hope to be able to answer everyone else later tonight after a rest.

Love, W

Well I am back after dinner and a rest.

Hi Springwater, I think I remember you from a few years ago. It always amazes me to that so many people from such diverse backgrounds and areas of the world can all be friends and have so much in common.

Hi Barry, I was in Solano county in the Bay Area and am now in Riverside county. It is East of LA and South of San Bernadino. It was a wonderful 88 degrees today. My muscle and bone pain like the dry heat. Hobbies, when I have the energy to do anything but the most basic housework is growing and learning about growing veg, and sewing. I am also trying to learn about a more healthy plant based way of eating. I have such limited energy that not much gets done. I do love doing laundry and am looking forward to hopefully having a clothes line to hang out on this summer.

Well, back to watching Heartland.

Love W

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

I slept almost ten hours last night. I was really beat. I dreamed that Nancy Pelosi was visiting me and we were sitting on my bed chatting like teenage girls. We decided to get up and make some coffee and my husband, Stephen Colbert, was in the kitchen. Wow! Talk about your mixed up dreams. Been watching too much TV. Lest y'all think my dreams are too partisan, I once dreamed I was engaged to Donald Trump. Most of my dreams are more mundane but they are all in vivid color and I remember some of them when I wake up. Very entertaining. SV tried to get me up a couple of times but I told him to go back to sleep which he did.

Gotta change the bed today so I can rotate the mattress. I still have to clean in here and do some paperwork. I'm waiting to get the form to annuitize my IRA. First, I need to re-read my contract. Their customer service isn't great on the phone. They assigned some financial advisor up the coast but last time I tried to call him, the number didn't work. I can't find a number online. I'll try the one the C/S guy gave me the other day. I hate dealing with this kind of thing. I'll be glad when it's set up and done. I opened our latest financials for the condo and was pleasantly surprised that our numbers are so good. We haven't spent much $$ lately. There are only three of us here right now. Most people in our hood are retired or are working from home so don't think there will be problems with their not being able to keep up the fees.

Oh, Granni, my mistake. I thought the painting was done and only some shrubbery to be cut back. I'm sure you are anxious to be done. I wore myself out so bad working outside that I've had to take it easy since then. Sometimes overdoing things riles up the Sjogren's and that causes exhaustion like nothing else I suffer from. Pain and dry mouth too. Living life with these various conditions is a balancing act and I'm usually about to fall off the high wire. Hope your weather stays good.

Gordon, I don't know whether things will ever be the same but I think they will when there is a vaccine. It will likely be a while though. I do think shaking hands will go by the by. That's fine with me. I still like the Namaste bow. Sounds like you got some good things at the market. I also wipe down the door areas where I touched them upon returning home. Same with keys and credit card. After credit cards are put into the machines, they are covered in all kinds of germs. I wrap my card in the paper receipt and leave the receipt out so the germs can die off. If you have one of those electric hair cutters, you could probably cut your own. They have guards so you can select the length. There are videos online with instructions. Glad you are getting a care package. I'm carefully trying to make my cleaning stuff last. USA Today had this how-to so thought I'd post this link.

How to Cut Your Hair

Willow, what a nice post. It is beautiful there. It lifts the spirit to be able to look out and see such beauty. I haven't been to MI but my dear friend, Nancy, lives there in a rural area. My kids lived in Atlanta but had to move when DSIL's airline was bought by Southwest. All my kids now live in the Denver Metro Area. That is where I am from but grew up in Boulder. I loved it when the one set of kids lived in Atlanta. It's only 600 miles from here. I used to either fly up on a buddy pass or drive up there. The Iris is a bulb and only blooms once each spring. They are nice to plant among other things that bloom later. They come in an amazing array of colors. IC and IBS are horrible. I had some IC but it seems to have backed off. I still have IBS and it comes and goes. I was on Klonopin for years and it was a miracle drug but, like with you, I wanted to wean off of it. It took a year. I'm glad I did because I would have had to keep increasing the dose to get the same effects. I'm gonna check out the rehabilitation Tai Chi. I used to do a form of it and found it very good for my body and mind. Housework is a problem for me too and I got a Roomba. It has been a God send. Running a vacuum cleaner is so hard on my back. I have a long haired cat so the carpet needs to be vacuumed often. Sooo glad you have decided to join us.

OK, Kids, I'm off to read the paper. I hope everydobby has a great day despite what we are dealing with. We will get through it; there will be a vaccine; and, things will get back to normal. It may take a while but we are made of strong stuff.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

springwater

Mikie- your dreams are so funny! I don't think I've dreamt of someone famous. The running flying dreams stopped.
That cloud formation is astounding!

Wildflower - lucky you...it would be worth waking up every day just to see that view!

Granni - I saw some printed commentary about bad weather around there but no visuals...glad you dodged the storms.

Gordon - nice of your nephew to send a care package. How is Kitty? A neighbours cat got chased up a very high tree today..had to lock our dogs for some hours and kept checking to see if it had come down. It did after 3 hours. Then I let the dogs out.

Barry - I checked out the lithospheres..saw they come in blue yellow purple...flowers give meaning to life...now will check out Cherokee dog flowers..

I'm not sure if they will lift lockdown soon. I hv my doubts. It rained a little. I welcome the rain. Both the kids were having meetings online so I had to keep the dogs quiet.

I hv some wet laundry. Sun played peekaboo today. I watched this Minnesota doctor with a beautiful voice sing Imagine during work breaks...lovely...

My friend messaged me that the police locked some lockdown offenders with a fake coronavirus patient in a van to scare them.. don't know if that was real.. it would sure scare me.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Spring,

I'll bet that did scare the offenders. Problem is that anyone can be contagious even when asymptomatic. I'm glad to see more people wearing masks so as not to spread the virus even when they don't feel sick. More and more, the news is saying the virus was in the US much earlier than originally thought. Grace and I still wonder whether that's what we had, her DH too. Would be nice to have immunity but experts don't know how long immunity will last. I don't get flu shots but I'd make an exception for this one.

Poor kitty up a tree. That was sweet of you to put the doggies inside til the kitty came down. A dog once chased Tweety to the top of a palm tree out front. She kept walking out on one of the fronds and I thought she would fall. I told her, No! I kept telling her to back down like she usually did. She finally got the idea and came down like a utility pole worker. I haven't been flying or running from something or someone in my dreams for a long time. SV is out on the lanai snoozing on a chair. He just had his brunch of soft food. I cleaned out his box. Only thing left is some quality mama time on my lap.

We can't keep things shut down forever but we really need more tests. I feel so bad for people who have lost their jobs. Thank God for food banks and the people who volunteer at them. I only have sheets to wash today. My last load yesterday didn't spin completely. I opened the washer door to a soggy mess. Fortunately, another spin cycle did the trick. Imagine is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. It brings tears to my eyes. An old song about, "There'll be blue skies over the white cliffs of Dover," from the WWII Era has been playing in my brain. I often think of the bravery of our ancestors as they suffered though such horrible things. The pandemic is asking very little of me but it breaks my heart to see the suffering of others. I pray it ends soon. Take care, Dear One.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

mikie, got my new credit card last night. i have a visa card and was told of a new way of using it. it's something called 'contactless'. you can only use it on the newer machine. you take the card and wave it over a reader on top and your transaction will go thru. most of the places that i go to did not seem to have the newer reader but this should cut down on the spread of the virus.

you might contact your bank see if your card has this ability.

watered all the orchids and pulled weed this morning. it only took 2 hours, ha, ha, too hot for me. of course anything over 75 degree brings on the vapors for me.

later,

gordon

Mikie

Hi, Gordon,

Glad you got your new card. Those have RFID chips in them that emit radio waves. Some card readers can receive the waves and there is no need to insert the cards. Thing is that hackers carry readers in their pockets and they can steal you info right out of the air unless your card is protected. I used to have a little aluminum card carrier but now have two plastic cards that are the same size as my credit cards. The credit cards go between these two plastic cards and they shield the credit cards from being read by hackers. You can order the protective cards from Amazon. It's always an effort to stay one step ahead of those who would steal our identities and our info. If your info is stolen, you won't have to pay for anything the thieves buy but it's a big hassle.

Sounds as though you did a lot outside today. I'm still recouperating from finishing my car and cutting back shrubs. I don't do well in the heat and humidity either. I keep hoping Rock's Kindle would get there. It's sure taken long enough. Guess everything is taking longer these days. Hope everyone, including Miss Kitty, is doing well at your house.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

mikie, got a notice from amazon that may purchase did not go thru. of course not since i had the other card closed. i forgot to notify amazon but their phone number for a live person is not available due to the virus and people staying home. i managed to change the card number on their system and hope things work. i check the status of the order after i made the change and it seems things are now in order as it stated that the purchase should arrive between may 1st and may 4th, a lot sooner. once received i face another set of challenge but like they say, i'll worry about that later.

gordon

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids,

Slept well again last night and am hoping all this sleep eventually turns into some NRG. So far, not so much.

Gordon, Good Grief! What a mess! I'm so glad the Kindle is gonna get there earlier. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. If you do have to contact anyone at Amazon, their live chat has always worked well for me. They have always been very friendly and helpful. I hope and pray it goes well when the Kindle arrives and you download books. My Kindle is so old that it may work differently from yours. It may seem unfamiliar at first but it doesn't take long to get the hang of it. I just finished a psychological thriller and have started another book about family/love but it seems so familiar that I think I've already read it. That shouldn't happen because if I try to order a Kindle book that I already have, Amazon lets me know. The credit card I use for recurring bills expired and I got a new one. I had to let all those places know. It's a pain. Hope you guys are all staying well and safe.

Same for all you Porchies; stay well and stay sane while we navigate this strange new world. I'm gonna take my garbage and recycle stuff down later this morning. I'll pick up my mail from yesterday. DD the nurse said she is sending me a couple of masks. We are having thunderstorms coming in off the Gulf. So good to hear the thunder and know we are getting rain. Badly needed.

Love to everydobby, Mikie

Last edited:

springwater

Hello

DS said it hailed today..i was deep in slumber...was having an afternnoon siesta.

Didnt see any signs of hail when i woke up. But it did lower the temps.

We dont usually have so much rain during this time of year. But im loving it.

i watched a Jurassic park movie. Entertaining stuff.

it brought back memories of watching King Kong...in black and white, in our local cinema when i was a child.

Hmm..little did i dream one day i and the rest of the world would be shutting ourselves up for weeks at a time at the same time.

i got fresh spinach today..so made a good spinach cheese dish. DD made chicken and peas curry. and lentils.

Daytime, i snacked on Digestive biscuits.

Gordon - thats cool about the credit card you wave over the machine. would cut down on sanitizing a lot.

Mikie - would be a load off your mind if you did get the test.

I normally doze off when reading. Half a dozen books on my bedside. i read likeim snacking. a chapter here, two pages there.

When i get to heaven im going to have a library all for meself. it will have a cozy window seat and glass walls on three sides. Outside will be greened over by flowering vines and tall trees. i will look through Amazon and stock my library with comics and books i want..new ones and ones i loved when i was a kid.

i just watched a nurse on tv...she had come thru a corona infection herself and wished it on no one, and was back at work at the emergency wards...she had a big smile thru out the mini interview and such a joyful demeanour!

it must be something in our DNA, how we each respond to grave crises.

Last edited:

rockgor

hello everyone,

i've been trying to engage rock to post without any success. he seem listless, disengage but not depressed. i had him read the lastest posting and give him topics to report on. after a bit he came out but did not post as he said he didn't have anything to say. don't know if he's having trouble remembering things and if afraid to show it.

we have been going to the doctor to remove a large blockage of ear wax. he didn't like the procedure and hated the oil in his ear. we have another appointment for next friday and has stated he's not going back. the doctor and i have told him that the removal would help with his hearing and balance.
he recognize this but still..... we'll see.

hopefully with the new reader coming soon things will improve and he returns to his sunny self.

just wanted to update everyone on his absent and hope to get him here soon.

gordon

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Barb's DSIL, Jimmy, is here moving things from this condo to their townhome on the next block. He's been in the moving business all his life so he's really strong but not bulky. Don't know when the new owners will come down. They are in PA which has been hit hard by the virus. Took the garbage and recycle stuff to the dumpster and got my mail. Just junk mail. I paid my Target bill online but have done almost nothing else. I need some get up 'n go.

I'm watching an episode of Ken Burn's series on the Roosevelts. Poor FDR. He really inherited a mess when he took office. Who knew we would oneday have a modern version of the bread lines again. I hope some of the people can get back to work. Their stories are heartbreaking.

Spring, I just got out of a soak even though it's only afternoon here. My legs and hips were aching and I was cold. Whatever Grace and I had left a legacy, no pun intended. Joe just called. I sent a politically incorrect pic to his email and he called to hurl dirty insults at me. We laughed like crazy. Only two old best friends could do that. My kids and I texted this morning and had some laughs too. We have to laugh or we will lose our minds.

There is something about big old houses with libraries that make me feel as though I've come home. I love old houses with thick walls that accommodate window seats. I think I must have lived in one in another life. In my dream where God showed me the place He is keeping for me in Heaven, it was a country cottage with beautiful flowering gardens. He was watering my flowers for me. I would be thrilled with that as my Heavenly home. BTW, our news did a segment on dreams and it seems people are having more dreams which are more vivid.

Gordon, I'm so sorry to hear about Rock. I think things today can mess with us emotionally. I hope he feels better soon. I sent you a PM because I was concerned about him. Of course, it's always good to hear from you too. I hope the Kindle helps too. I hate going to docs. I had one remove some wax from my ear a few years back. It hurt but he didn't do the oil. I can do the oil at home. My right ear has problems and I'm a bit hard of hearing on that side. When I went SCUBA diving, I had to go down more slowly so that ear could equalize. Otherwise, it was quite painful. We all miss Rock and I hope he returns. I also hope you will continue to be a regular here on the Porch.

I hope all y'all have a great Saturday evening.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

Can't stay long as we will be sitting out with DD and DSIL for a bit this afternoon. it seems to have gotten chillier and the sun disappeared. So I changed from shorts to caparis and will bring a sweater../ Everyone always laughs at me because of my sweaters and being chilly all the time.

GORDON - So sorry to hear about ROCK being out of sorts. Hope that reading , even if on the new KINDLE will help to rekindle his spirits. Please tell him that we all miss him when he is not there and love his humor. I know that we, esp as we get older get disgusted with docs and having procedures done but it would be good for his hearing to go to the ENT again. So many things happening now that can get us old folks esp feeling miserable and almost depressed, even if not quite so. Rock has enough problems without there being other problems out there to frustrate him. Hang in there Gordon! I'm sure it is frustrating for you to see ROCK when he is not his cheery self and engaged in anything even if it is most reading. Nothing wrong with that , My DH is an avid reader and drives you nuts when he doesn't have a book or story to read in his Kindle. Chin up Gordon and good luck trying to get ROCKS chin up too. Hope you do not lose many members to your orchid club. I know you were worried about that, too. ROCK is about my age with pretty close birthdays and have a lot in common as to what we remember way back then in the 40's. 50's, 60's etc.

MIKIE - Hope your soak helps you to feel better afterwards.Prayers for everyone on our board. Hope JULIE is doing OK. I sent her a few messages and haven't heard back form her. Hope she is well and all of her kids and g kds. Hoping that she is just very busy as usual. Of course I guess she can't do a lot of the running she is used to with this virus.

WILLOW - You asked about the meaning of OAB. Sorry, that means Over Active Bladder l Back atcha latter. I did a little painting on the posts on the bridge. It is the worst place to paint as there are lots of plants there, sort of small trees, and DH refuses to do much cutting back.

Hugz to everydobby, inc SUN, BARRY, JULIE, SW et al.
LOVE,
Granni :)

Willow77

I have spent a very quite day. Tomorrow I go over to Mom's and take my robot vac to clean her apartment. I will dust, cook a meal and deliver the laundry I did earlier in the week. Hub does the washing of the floors and and takes out the trash and any other little chores she may have.

I let Ziggy my robot vac do my living room today. It is an old style vac that was on sale during the Christmas holidays. I had heard about Mikie's roomba and so wanted to try one. This one is a Shark Ion but we call it Ziggy because it zig zags all over the room while it is vacuming.

I worked on making a face mask. It is too tight on the right side because the hair band on that side it tighter than the one on the left. I have an old used N95 from when we were remodeling the old house to get it ready to sell. I use that one when we go to pick up groceries from WalMart. We pick them up early during at risk hours but it is killing me having to go out so early so we are just going to spend the extra money and have instacart deliver it later in the day.

Rock- I hope you get your pep back or whatever it is that you are missing, I miss you. I have been following this board for a while even after I quit posting jokes on the homebound board.

Granni- I should have figured out that is what OAB means. I have that too but it is a lot better when I eat the no acid diet. I just started vesicare and that helps some too.

It is too hot to go outside, almost 100 today. We have kept it comfortable inside by keeping the drapes closed and using fans. The last I checked it was only 81 inside. I don't like running the air if I don't have to. We are living on just my husbands SS. I want to wait until I am 66 1/4 to get the full amount, so we save money where we can.

Love W