PORCH 1197 IS NOW CLOSED (5/7/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1197 IS NOW CLOSED (5/7/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

bmd_cute_puppies.jpg

Dear Porchies,

It's time for a new Porch. Please go back to read the last posts on Porch 1196. Thought we could use a happy pic of some adorable puppies.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Dear MIKIE et al,

Thanks for the new porch and for those cute puppies in the snow that you posted. Hope you get a chance to take a walk in the pool before anyone else gets there or very many. Didn't do t much today. Worked outside with DH about 1/2 hr to 45 minutes or so and it was already getting a bit warm but we had to have long shirts and pants on due to the poison ivy etc, and other crud hiding in our bushes. We went through the drive thru to pick up a burger which we haven't done in a very long time. Then came home, ate and and took a walk before it got much to hot. Then I did some folding of wash and removing from the drier. Real exciting day - NOT !! At least we are well ( I think) and have each other.

SUN - So sorry for your DD and family and you too that they had to put down dear Savannah. It is hard even though you know it is for the best and she is no longer suffering. Everyone will remember the fun they had with her when she was younger and full NRG.

ROCK - So glad to see you here this morning Glad you are getting used to your kindle somewhat. Don't fret, as many of us have issues with new things like that. It just takes some time and remember PATIENCE is a virtue although none of us have it all the time.!! Sometimes when I am really feeling bad I don;t have any or very little.

I hate it when I have to reply to a post and it is on another volume so I can't check on info,. My memory is not the greatest any more.

Love to awl, inc SPRING, BARRY, GORDON, STAR, JULIE, WILLOW and all our many MIA;s,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Granny,

Sounds to me as though you did a LOT. Think I'd die if I had to wear long sleeves and pants outside.

What you can do when a post is on another page, go down like you are going to answer it. Type everything you want to say and highlight it (ctrl+A). While it is highlighted, copy it (ctrl+C). Don't post it. Go to where you want to post, like on the new Porch, and instead of typing your response, put the cursor in the space and paste what you typed but didn't post under the old Porch by doing ctrl+V. These shortcuts are very useful. If you want to move text, you can highlight the text and do ctrl+X and then put the cursor where you want to move it to and do the ctrl+V to reposition it. This works with all text you type across many applications. It's come in so handy for me all these years. I originally wrote them down but now use them from memory.

OK, I'm outta here. Hope you aren't too tired with all you did. I'm exhausted just from purging from the acyclovir. I'll sleep it off tonight.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

What cute puppies. I forget the name of that dog but remember we ran into a pair of them on the beach up near Portland’s coast, romping in the water.

spring: Thanks for that poem. I printed it off to save. And I thought it was a good thing to include in my trust notebook for when I’m gone. I told my DD yesterday I planned on seeing Savannah when we’re both in heaven.

I’ve STILL got the flies!!!!!!! Yesterday I cleaned out the fireplace thinking that maybe they were coming down the chimney. And I talked to the exterminator from January. He’s asked if I smelled anything....nope. He has no answers for me.....killed 8 of them today. That would be over 80 plus of them in 3 weeks. I’ve checked the garbage disposal, looked at the channels for the sliding doors, The exterminator is going to drop off some pheramone strips that are used to attract rats. Said maybe it’s would attract the flies. I’m thinking of ordering fly paper strips from lowes and hanging them in the chimney. And he said it was impossible for them to come out the AC vents. *&^%$#@. I’m stumped and have no idea where to turn.

I spent over an hr this morning, cutting back bushes in front that have developed white dust mildew on the leaves. After cutting half of the branches off....I sprayed with a mixture of milk and water. Apparently the chemical breakdown of the milk helps kill this fungus.....Barry, any ideas? Don’t want to use chemicals. Roses get this also but usually the leaves just drop then grow new leaves. Couldn’t stay out there longer than 10 a.m. it’s sooooooo darn hot, over 100. This is just toooooo early for such heat.

rockgor

Hi Kids

Sun, some years back we had a discussion about a dance group that appeared in several old movies. My mind keeps
getting worse and worse. It was probably in the 30s. Can you remember their name.?I'd like to see them one more time before I complete my own swan song. You said your hubby had loved the group for years and had some of their ole movies.
Not sure. The ...Brothers?

Spent most of the day reading. I started reading a new book by my favorite author from Minnesota. But then somehow that kindle machine got it's hands on a different machine. So I ended up reading two books by different authors. All very confusiating'. That exterminator of yours seems willing to try most anything. Have you tried grinding up skunk
cabbage and locker room aroma? It will make an impression on your guests.

Granni, sounds like you and DH put in a hard day of work. I like your advice on patient. Just remember. We all have it.
Just not at the same time.

Last edited:

rockgor

Gordon stuck his nose in. Said he's going downstairs. This morning he went to a big store, Can't remember the name. Anywhoo the
person in charge didn't seem to have stuff organized. Now that I think of it, I haven't been shopping for months. Don't miss it a bit.
Thanks for the great pup pic, Mikie.

Rock

sunflowergirl

rock: I have no memory of any discussion about a dance group, but I did a quick google search and came across this duo of a pair of brothers. Could this be what you’re thinking of? As for me.....I loved Fred Astaire and ginger rogers. My DH rarely watched old movies, but he did love the old radio shows......big time!!!!!!!!!!!! He was born in 1940 so when he was growing up that was mainly the entertainment.

the last time I saw my family was March 14.....my DGDs 12th birthday party, and here it is.....May 7. I finally hit Sprouts last week to purchase a few things and the next day ran to Target to replace a mop I had broken. Of course, both times wore a mask and gloves. I really think us older folks will be wearing a mask for another 6 months or more.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

I stayed in bed til 7:00 this morning. Several times during the night, I woke and couldn't get back to sleep. That's par for the course when I've been purging. Thought I'd pass out yesterday. I started a very strange new book about a priest chasing a guy through history. I can barely put it down. So nice to have something I really care about reading. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Sun, Africa has locusts, we have Murder hornets in the NW and you have flies. Not making light of it; I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you. I'm guessing that at some point, they will be gone. I certainly hope so. We get white flies on our bushes and the gardeners have to spray for them. I'm sure what they use isn't eco-friendly. Yes, I think we will be using masks for a long time.

Rock, good to see you posting. I'm a fan of old movies but don't remember a specific dance group nor a discussion on the Porch. What kind of dancers were they? Were they a big group like the June Taylor Dancers or a few tap dancers? Keep on using the Kindle; you'll tame it yet.

Granni, hope you are doing well.

Barry, haven't seen you in a bit. Hope all is okay.

Spring, it's evening there. Hope it's a lovely one.

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone but my pea brain is sooo slooow this morning and I'm not through purging. Ratbane!, as Rock says. Just took something for my headache, another purging symptom. At least I know, based on the severity of the purge, that a lot of viruses have been kilt off. Hope all y'all have as good a day as possible under the circumstances.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Morning kids, Turns out the dance group was 5 or 6 guys who called themselves the Ritz Brothers. Just did a search for them Couldn't find
anything. Will look again later. Got an e mail this morning from my brother in MN, but it seems to have melted or something. Everything
just sorta vanishes around this hacienda. Thanks for the encouragement, Mikie, but my mind seems to get worse day by
day. It's a weird experience. One day you're Betty Crocker and the next you can't boil water. Anyhoo it's kinda hard to
describe the Ritz Brothers because they could dance with great precision. But most of the time they were acting silly and getting laughs.

I think the June Taylor dancers were on the Ed Sullivan show. Read a book about his show many decades ago. Of course it was a big success, but Ed had a lot of trouble with it. Kept getting the names of the performers mixed up. If you were
an opera singer, the odds were pretty good he'd never get your name right. It was about the only show that my Dad would look at that wasn't sports. Sometimes a winning basketball team would be
on the show. All 15 feet of them. Or sometimes a sports hero would stand up from the audience.

Hugs, Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

I went to our old standby, You Tube, and found several videos of the Ritz Bros. I'm including one of them here.

I know it's frustrating using these electronic gizmos. I have had a horrible time using some of them. Still do with the iPad because I'm not used to it. Same with the iPhone when I first got it. As it is, I manage to do a couple of things but could likely do more if I were more comfortable using it. If I don't do something for a bit, I forget how to do it. Doh!!!

Yes, I think you are right that the June Taylor Dancers were on Ed Sullivan or was it Jackie Gleason? I should look it up. DSIL's aunt, his Mom's sister, was a June Taylor Dancer. I used to know this stuff but like your emails, the memories are gone. I'm doing well these days to remember what day it is. Good thing these pesky devices tell me. That's another reason I start each first post of the day with the day of the week. Once I type it, it usually sticks.

I did get into the shower, washed and conditioned my mop and blew it out after giving it a good trim. So far, it looks pretty good. Just have to style it and spray it. I haven't worn makeup in months. When I'm home, I never bother. When I have to go out, I wear a mask. I'm trying to make the masks last. Still, I think I could use a bit of glam.

I'm still sweating like the proverbial pig (that doesn't really sweat) because the AV is still causing purging. I'm glad to see those viruses on the way out. I hope you, Gordon, Henry and Miss Kitty are all well.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

springwater

Hey, those Ritz Brothers are something else! Loved them. Also the ladies in the background. So glamorous, so elegant, their hair do, their gowns. I wish I lived in those times.

rockgor

Yup, The Ritz Brothers are lots of fun. Sometimes they do elaborate acts and other times they are just silly. I, on the other hand, am never silly because I feel I have a responsibility to my public to give my fullest; my devotion to my art.

Well, thank you all for looking. I felt it was OK to ask you to look, because I knew if you found them you'd be so happy.
Rock

Last edited:

springwater

Yikes..several paras of my post got deleted...though nothing of import...got a message that a network change was detected....what does that mean?

Rock - thank you for bringing the talented Ritz brothers to our notice...fabulous stuff.

Bbl when the computer behaves...

God bless

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

OMG! I decided I'm too tired to go to the store but did style my mop and sprayed it. Since I'm not gonna be wearing a mask, I decided to put on some makeup. I feel so pretty! I needed to do that. Highly recommend it to brighten one's day. For men, maybe just a shave or brushing the hair. I don't absolutely need to go to the store but did want to get some distilled water. It's not a life or death matter. I'm just off the horrible purging and still have a headache. It would be foolish to go out when I don't need to and am feeling lousy.

Rock, those guys remind me of the Irish dancers. Seems I recall a lot of fun silliness from those old movies. Glad I could find a video clip. Has Gordon been whipping up some yummy dishes?

Spring, you remind me of my DD. She and DSIL worked in the movies for a while. She loved doing period pieces because she loved wearing those clothes. She wished she had been working during the Golden Era of Hollywood. I save my paragraphs every so often so I don't lose them. That message seems more like it's something to do with your service and not the website but I'm not sure. Nancy's and Claudia's phones are freezing up. I think all the phones and computer broadbands are overloaded. I've noticed a bit of delay in loading website pages on other sites. Hope you can come back soon.

I see that my roots have gone white. Fortunately, I don't have a part so can just tap the brush with some hair powder on it and cover up the one little spot on top of my head where it shows. Some days, I feel as though I'm held together with chewing gum and baling wire. I think that's what old age is. I try to go as long as I can between color jobs. I have another box of hair color on the shelf. I didn't do a radical hair trim but it feels better and styles more easily now.

OK, Kids, gonna go do something but nothing too strenuous. Well, I seldom do anything strenuous any more. Unloading the DW sounds about what I can handle. Hope all y'all are doing well.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

Keep hanging in there friends. No time for apost now as DH will be in in a minute. Was supposed to have rain so we didn;t work outside. However, it didn;t do anything.

Thanks for the old video.s Great dancing even if they were silly at times. Great hoffers as they used to say. They were HOOFERS not Hoffers.

Love,
Granni

Last edited:

rockgor

howdy, just wanted to let you know of the danger of the kindle. i was holding it and reading in bed. just as i was about to fall asleep i lost contact with the thing and it landed right on my fore head. och.
well that woke me up.

i noticed how some of the books you can just tap on the pic and it'll go right back to the page where left off. not so with the john sandford book. it keeps going to some off page - not the end. strange and will have to explore it some more.

it's been three days and still no sign of the beans coming up. will give it until monday and then plant some more. gotta to have my chinese long beans. yummy.

we were told that the library might reopen today. haven't hear anything else. we still have about ten books here that i would like to return and have our account cleared. will wait a couple of days after it opens so as not meet up with the crowd. hope they found a way to lend books safely.

all for now,

gordon

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids,

Sleep has been adequate but not good and I'd really like to get a bit more than I'm getting now. I think it's because I'm so inert during the daytime. Don't think I'll go to Publix because all those who still work will need to shop. I have enough to get me through til next week. Also, the stores will be less crowded then. Joe still isn't feeling well so he is seeing the doc on Mon. morning. He has asked whether I'd go with him. I told him I would so we'll see whether he still wants me to go. I won't be able to go in so will have to wait outside. He likes to be able to talk to me when he doesn't feel well. When he is sick, it scares him.

Barry, exhaustion can be so crushing. I hope and pray you get some NRG soon. Snuggle up with the fur babies and rest up.

Granni, yes, I remember dancers' being called hoofers. Funny name. I just looked out the kitchen window and saw the gardeners had whacked all the beautiful blooms off our bushes by the sidewalk--butchers! Idiots!

Gordon, aah yes, the "Wake Me Up" feature of the Kindle. I'm sure you paid extra for that. That has happened to me too. No injuries, just jarred awake. Once in a while, I've had books skip a whole bunch of pages. There is a 'Go To' feature in the pull-down menu. You can ask it to go to a specific page. You can also use the slide at the bottom of the page to go to the percent read. You get both these features by one tap on the page. I keep track of the percent read as I go along so I can get back to that general area when that happens. BTW, I also turn off wi-fi when I'm not downloading books or uploading them to the cloud. It seems to use a lot less battery with the wi-fi off. Hope your beloved beans come up.

I just got a strange email from Yahoo giving me an extension to my password. It's likely a scam. I don't trust anything anymore. Sad! Alexa asked for my name the other day and I wouldn't tell her. She then said my name and asked whether that was me. Again, I wouldn't tell her. I like Alexa but I don't trust her either.

News has featured a llama on the news. Evidently a llama, and I think some other llamas, have antibodies to the virus. They are going to synthesize the antibodies to try to make a vaccine. Llamas have silly looking faces and, when they showed the llama on the screen, the newscaster got the giggles and she could barely continue. We had a newscaster in Denver for years, Ed Green. Every year on the anniversary of the first manned hot air balloon flight, he would get the giggles and couldn't continue when mentioning it. Seems the first flight was so nauseating that the occupants in the balloon basket leaned out and vomited all over the crowd below. I would get the giggles just watching him. Unfortunately after 40 years as a news caster and weatherman, he is being pushed out in favor of a hot younger weather woman.

There is a big cold front moving across the plains. It will bring rain to us tomorrow but today it will be 91 degrees. I just asked Alexa the temp and it's 70 degrees out. SV starts talking when he hears her. I went out on the lanai and it's humid. Also, lots of pollen on the pond. Tomorrow is sposda bring rain all day on Mothers Day. Oh well, I'm going nowhere anyway and we need the rain. Time to go fix SV's brunch for him. Hope all y'all have a great start to the weekend. Each day I say prayers of thanks that we are all well and I pray for protection.

Love, Mikie

AACCKK!! I'm sweating again--the purging continues but I do feel better. Went for a quick walk around the block and it was quick. I picked up the tempo and had no shortness of breath. Woo Hoo! Just went over to the pool where Sam was programming the new neighbors' pool fob. Glad that is done. I spent a bunch of time on condo issues. Gonna finish some tasks in here and call it a day.

SV has been darting past Roomba daring it to come close to him. Sooo funny!

Last edited:
  • Love

rockgor

Hi Kids

Hope you are all having a wonderful day. What? The day has barely started? Oh well. Don't be a fuss budget. There's a term I haven't heard for decades. Had a weird dream. Woke up with the firm
decision that I was going to stop going to college. That, of course, makes no sense at all. I graduated
many decades ago. Can't even remember the year. And here's something also pretty weird. I had the
same dream a month or two ago. Maybe it's all just dementia and Alz.

Mikie, never occurred to me that someone might try to steal info from Alexa.

I do remember reading about the first hot air balloons. Invented by the French Montgolifier brothers.
Their cousins invented the golf club. George Burns used to play cards at the local gold club
almost every day. Was reportedly an excellent bridge player. Got kudos on the last hand he
played at the club.

gOTTA TO, MY FINGERS ARE BEING DISAGREEABLE.

hUGS, rOCK

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

My TV is being disagreeable. Actually, my fingers too. Almost everything I type has typos. Rats!!! Yes, evidently it was the French brothers that vomited on the people of Paree. Somehow, the fact that they were French seemed to set Ed Green off even more. I do get a vivid picture of the people on the ground scrambling and yelling, "Merde!" He would become unable to continue for several minutes. I waited all year long for him to do it again. It never lost its humor for him, or me. I have a recurring dream that I didn't get all my work done in one of my college classes and won't graduate. Dreams like that are frustration dreams. I also dream I can't find my classrooms.

Evidently, Alexa recognizes voices and will call someone by name. You can control it in the app on your smart phone, of course. This stuff is getting too smart for me. People use laser pointers which allows them to break into peoples' Alexa machines. We were warned not to keep them where they are visible from a window. Good grief! Hope all is going well with the Kindle.

I'm gonna work on our condo financials so I can start working on annuitizing my IRA next week. I didn't plan on all this condo stuff this morning. I need to vacuum the tiles on the lanai but it's too hot. Will have to do it when it's not as humid or I don't mind sweating in my hair. I keep sweaty jobs for when I need to wash my hair anyway. The older I get, the more I hate dealing with it.

Love, Mikie

• Love