PORCH 1199 IS NOW CLOSED (5/19/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1199 IS NOW CLOSED (5/19/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

beautiful-southern-porches_199563-840x450.jpg

Dear Porchies,

Time for a new Porch. I thought maybe we would like a new pic of a porch. I like this one with ferns, lots of comfortable furniture and pretty throw pillows. There's enough room for all of us to gather and bring our beloved fur critters to romp outside on the grass. Because it's virtual, we can imagine whatever we want. I'm imagining lots of fun conversation and delicious refreshments.

Spring, I agree with you that it's best to get one's info from several trusted news sources. It's a shame that we have to mistrust everything we read or see. Even videos can now be hacked and it's very difficult to recognize that they have been tampered with. Scary new world. Experts pretty much now agree that the virus was transmitted from bats to animals and, at some point, the animals transmitted it to humans. That is how the swine flu was believed to have started in humans. I saw a show on PBS which showed bats feeding on fruit from a tree that shaded a pig pen. The pigs ate the fruit the bats dropped and they became infected. They, in turn, infected humans. One positive note is that several vaccines in trials are looking promising. I think we are learning from these diseases and may be able to produce vaccines in much faster time. I hope so.

Well, Kiddies, it's time to go read the paper. I woke about 2:30, read until almost 4:00 and finally got up. I'll likely go back to sleep later this morning. I went back to bed yesterday. I'd like to get out and walk; I really need to move. We got some heavier rain during the night but it didn't last long. I don't know whether it's sposda rain today or not. Hope all y'all have a very good day.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Hi Awl,

Another quick one as I wait for DH to come back from getting his hair cut. I sure need one and will have to wait till next week- AAACK!! Then when he gets home he needs to go to the bank and I may go get some more GM Yogurt. Almost gone, I eat it up so fast for break fast as well as toppings on my sweet potatoes and the only way DH will like his sweet potato is put light sour cream on it and I also add some cinnamon which is also healthy for you. Maybe one day soon I will sneak in a white potato for baking. We both love them but shouldn't have it to much of it. It is supposed to be about 95 today. NIce to be in the a/c although to much of it or the fans bother me. I'm a mess. Something is always bothering me.- grr!

Another hot day. DH and DSIL went shopping to the food stores bright and early not to any there as people are back to work or not worried about the food supply as much.

MIKIE - As far as news. I too am careful what news I watch and check things out. I don;t believe everything I hear and read. It is ashame that we all have become so very skeptical but we have to be very careful. I'm not getting into it or I will just get upset about this whole mess. Thanks for the new porch. It is a nice size and looks cozy and comfy with nice furniture , ferns, etc. Sorry you got up so very early this morning but it is hard when you can;t go back to sleep. Then it is good to take a nap when you can.

Can't think of anything much else to say. I really need to clean up some in the kitchen so I can run with DH when he gets home. We have stuff to do outside but it is to hot already and I know DH will be thrilled to finally get his hair cut. I will be too next week when I get to go.

Love to everydobby,,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just got home from faxing and mailing my annuity papers. The older I get, the more nervous it makes me to deal with things that are reallly important financially. I talked to a very nice C/S person in India. She was so pleasant and very helpful. Just hope I got the forms filled out correctly. With the annuity I have, it can only be annuitized once a year on the anniversary date. This particular product has been sold to two different insurance companies since I got it. I got it when interest rates were high and it has a guaranteed look-back percent of return. It's not making money for the company at that rate and they are anxious to stop the accruing interest and just make payments. It's not a huge amount of money but I need it since my larger annuity will stop in Sept. Dealing with our condo financials is easy compared to dealing with my personal finances and they aren't complicated. I hate dealing with them anymore. I got my taxes done so I hope I'm through for the year. I don't want to deal with anything anymore. Bah, humbug!

Yesterday, I used one of those little packets that cleans dishwashers. It left the stainless interior sooo shiny and clean but I really used it to clean the mineral deposits from our hard water that can gum up the works. I need to do it more often. When I opened it up afterward, it smelled like a scented dryer sheet. AACCKK! I can't stand the heavy smells they produce. I'm allergic to a lot of perfumes.

Granni, I used to use yogurt on my cereal but I would now have to take a Lactaid tablet every time so don't eat it anymore. Yes, cinnamon is great. My BP was 119/57 and my pulse was 75 this morning despite lack of sleep and angst over dealing with money. The new air fryer top for my Instant Pot came and it's huge. Don't know what I was expecting and don't know whether or not I'll keep it. If I were to do a whole chicken, I'd cook it fast in the Instant Pot pressure cooker, take the lid off of that and then put this new top on it and brown the chicken. If I'm just air frying, I don't have to swap lids. DH would really call this a monstrosity. :) It's 81 out now but only partly sunny. Dark skud is threatening to the west. I may be able to nap now that the stressful chore is done.

DD made cute avatars for her and my DSIL on FB. They are so cute. I tried to read how to do it but had no success. She did one for me too. Perhaps I'll just have her send it to me. The ones she did of them look just like them. It's uncanny. I guess mine looks like me but she put white hair on me. Hope y'all don't get too tired and hot running around. I still have to deposit my govt. stimulus check. My bank deposit info was with the IRS but evidently they are only using it from 2018 and 2019. Didn't get a refund last year so they didn't have it. I'll use drive thru. One thing at a time.

Hope you and all our Porchies have a lovely afternoon and evening.

Love, Mikie

bct

Hi Gang.
Just want to say hello to all.
I've been getting my notes together for my doc visit tomorrow. So many notes! Saw him on zoom two weeks ago. Don't know what he wants to see me for, but so be it. They said they'd give me a mask at the ER entrance when I check in.

The fatigue, brain-fog, blurry vision, and anxiety are doing a real number on me..... And depression and apathy. Disgust with our govt....

So much to be done, and I can't do it. I shall settle for being a sick old cranky man -- new persona.

Love to All,
Blessings to All.
Barry.

sunflowergirl

mikie: that’s a pretty porch. probably down south like ones in and around charleston area.

we had a lot of rain yesterday, big surprise! today its still around 60 outside. just got back from the PO to mail a small pkg to Italy. a few weeks ago I had used the customs mailing labels from etsy but the first time i FORGOT to save a printout of that label. now the person in United Kingdom says she still hasn’t received it and there’s no way to prove I mailed it.^%$#@%$ good thing it wasn’t for much $.

I”m waiting for a phone call from my new PCP. she looks like she’s around 22! my son wants me to get the covid19 free check locally but apparently too many people and they’re not taking appts. I see a local hospital is giving them with a referral so Ill ask the doc about getting one. this is because I was with my DD and family on mother’s day.

Granni: I see texas is having quite a lot of new outbreaks.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Been looking at the air fry lid for the Instant Pot. Everything I've read from users is positive and they seem to love it. Only drawback is the small air fry basket. Only does about 16 chicken wings at a time. The 6 qt. pressure cooker doesn't do a lot of food either but it's adequate for one or two people. Wings could be done in batches for entertaining if one entertains. I want to make some French fries. Biggest problem that I always have is where to store things. I'll find a way. What I really want is motivation to cook again. I'm disappointed in how little info Instant Pot provided for using the lid. There are some recipes I'm gonna try before deciding on a cookbook. The lid roasts, air fries, bakes and dehydrates.

Barry, I'm so sorry for how you're feeling. I was torn between the sad emoji and the love emoji. :( So, I'll use both. I am also feeling anxious and depressed. Not depressed in the clinical sense but just not motivated. I've felt so anxious for days and having things like my annuity doesn't help. I think we are all getting this way as this horrible pandemic and recession progress. I'm feeling as though I might jump right out of my skin, as my Mom used to say. You're smart to get your notes together before your appt. I hope your doc can help you. Heck, I've been a cranky old woman for quite a while. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Sun, I got the pic from a bunch of Southern Porches. Very astute of you. Sorry about the package to Italy. I spent the $$ to send my mail Certified today but the woman at the mail store said they aren't usually signing the return receipts. I told her that it's okay as long as I get the receipt and she said people often aren't getting those either. Glad I faxed the paperwork before mailing. Postal service is an oxymoron. I got a neighbor's car insurance bill and tore it open because I also have State Farm and didn't look at the name. I had to take it over and stuff the violated envelope in her screen door. Couldn't help but notice that she is paying $200 a month more than I and she's a lot younger. She must had had accidents or a bad credit score. I'm not getting tested but would like an antibody test before taking any vaccine. Glad you got rain. We got some but need more.

Never did get a nap but the day is young. Never too late to nap. The anxiety makes it difficult to relax. Sending y'all calm, peaceful and loving thoughts.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Hi Kids

It's 6:30 here. Suppertime. I had a glass of chocolate milk. Gordon's got something on the stove.
Henry seldom leaves his room, so don't know what he's doing(oh, he's changing the light bulb in the bathroom). There's not much difference between having Henry in the house and having nobody in the house. You could tell today though. He was mad at the shop that worked on his car.

I tried to find an old movie to watch on you tube today. Couldn't find anything that looked like
it might be fun. I saw one with Ann Miller yesterday. Read her biography a year or two ago.
Her mother didn't speak much English, so Ann was pretty much the adult in the family. Saw her
live at the Pantages Theater many years ago. At one time the Academy Awards were presented
there.

Barry, Godon starts getting ready for a doctor visit the day before. Two of his doctors tell him to
bring all his meds with him. He carries them in a bag that looks like the one I used when I was a
paper boy. In all my years as such I never threw the paper in a swimming pool. There was no such
creature in our town.

If you really want to feel prepared, make a list of all things you intend to tell him or her.

Nice porch pic, Mikie. Has SV tried sleeping out there? Two of the houses we lived in when I was a
kid had sun porches. You could nap on the couch or throw you coat on it.

The other day Gordon was going thru the mail. Said something about his refund showing up.
I said, "I don't suppose I'll get one." He said, "Why not.? Of course you'll get one." I said the
plague didn't keep me from working. I don't even work anymore." He said, "Doesn't matter."

Turned out he was right. The money showed up two days later. So now I refer all political
questions to him.

Was checking out the channels this afternoon. Saw a new program listed. "How to train your
husband." We'd probably have riots if it were the other way around.

Hugs, Rock

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I talked to the new PCP today. she sounds knowledgeable so here’s hoping. and I also found out from someone else that there are lots of doctors at the clinic Ive gone to for years that are either retiring or just leaving the clinic. Hmmmm? Oh yes, find out now I also have interstitial lung disease. so looked it up and read up on it.......and you might also because it can happen from shrogrens disease. and when looking from one thing to another......found this which Granni might want to check out. Wonder if this is her rash.

Granni: ever been checked for this?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dermatomyositis/symptoms-causes/syc-20353188

Mikie

Good Wednesday Morning, Kids,

Wouldn't know what day of the week it is without my trusty watch or phone. I am sooo exhausted. I did sleep about nine hours last night but it wasn't until later in the evening into later this morning. I was in bed around eight when I heard strange music blaring over at the pool. The pool closes now at 7:30. I went into the middle sitting room to look down on the pool. There were two college age boys dancing in the shallow end at what can only be described as a very poor attempt at Bollywood. I called Sam and when I described what was going on, he howled. Said he was half baked but two other board members had called the sheriff and were hanging around outside the pool waiting for them. He asked me to keep watch from up here.

I had my phone in my pocket so it wouldn't light up and be seen from the pool. SV was all riled up and was trying to stand up and look out through the blinds. I put him out and closed the pocket doors to the room so he wouldn't move the blinds. Sam called back and wanted me to tell him and his wife, Connie, again what happened. I answered him on my watch all hunched over so it wouldn't light up and be seen; SV was banging on the doors; and, Sam was screaming in hysterics as I told the story once again. Connie was howling with laughter too. I finally let SV in.

Sam called back and said they were going to walk over so I said I'd come downstairs too. We all met in the street as the deputies were sending the boys home. Then Sam made me tell the story again for everyone else. He peed his pants every time he heard it again. Sam laughs at everything anyway. Connie and I had a nice chat while the cops wrote out the report. After they went home, Sam called me back to hear the story one more time. It wasn't that funny but seeing or hearing Sam howl like that was.

Guess one of the boys is the son of an owner and he had a guest at the pool. Their fob has been turned off and they are blocked from using the pool. Their parents will be upset when they hear their kids got them banned from using the pool. It's usually kids using their parents', or grandparents', condos that cause problems. Kids that age have no sense and selfishly only care about having a good time. I was laughing, more at Sam and not the boys, when I finally got in bed and couldn't get to sleep til about ten. Good grief! I'll let Sam tell Joe because it will be funnier coming from him.

Thought I might take the coffee maker that doesn't work back to Target today. They weren't taking returns til the 15th. Because they weren't issuing register tape receipts with home delivery, I had to find the email receipt they sent. It was too long to get all in one screen shot so I took two with my phone. They can likely look it up on their computer too. I can shop while I'm there. I would like to buy a pair of sewing shears since all I can find are pinking shears; I have two pairs of those. They are too heavy and stiff for my old hands. Michael's is in the same center as Target so I could stop in there if Target doesn't sell them.

DD texted and said she has no permanent heart or lung damage from the flu she had earlier in the year. She has had a devil of a time with bronchitis ever since. I think she is on two inhalers. The air quality will improve as it warms up there but as businesses open, the cars will produce a lot of pollution. The first three months of the year, there are temperature inversions that keep the pollution in the valley in which Denver sits. I'm so relieved. Her antibody test was neg. so she didn't have the Corona Virus. Everyone here who had the same flu as I all think we had it but perhaps it was just regular flu. Connie said she wants an antibody test too.

Rock, how many Henry's does it take to change a light bulb? No one knows cause no one has ever seen him do it. It's like Schrodinger's Cat. I was trying to find a video at You Tube but not a movie. I was looking for how to use this new Instant Pot air fryer lid. I say lid but it's got a big control area on top with the buttons to use to set it. There were no instructions as to how to use it. Well, turns out it is so simple compared to the pot itself that is quite complicated. There are cookbooks I can order so will likely do that. I've ordered cookbooks for the pot but seldom make the recipes and I'm afraid that is what will happen. Think I'll just use some recipes online till I figure things out. I'll try French fries first. I still have to drive to the bank to deposit my check. With all that money, you can buy lots of books for the Kindle or get them at the library for free. Our libraries are finally opening up but only so many people at a time will be allowed in. Don't know whether Claudia will be volunteering again or not. I have to stop to renew my card.

Sun, thanks. I'm sorry to hear you have this. I'll check it out online. Any autoimmune illness can cause the body to turn on itself and no organ is immune. So far as we can tell, it's only attacking the glands that produce saliva, oil in the eyes for tears and lymph in the nodes. When I'm fighting off a virus, my mouth will get instantly dry as the desert as it attacks. The worst, but likely least serious, is the fatigue. It's worse than with any other condition I have. I'm glad you like your new doc and hope she can help you. Sometimes, the young ones are more helpful because they have the latest training and haven't gotten complacent. Gonna go check out this condition. Appreciate the heads up.

Yesterday, my phone informed me that it couldn't connect to the wi-fi. We have unlimited data so I sent my text using that. I was able to connect after I sent it. This morning, HULU couldn't connect so I had to reboot the router. The TV is more sensitive than other smart things in here. Ha Ha, I'm sensitive but not smart. :D Alexa had no problem with it. We are getting sooo dependent on wi-fi and I expect we will even more as more and more of our gizmos get smarter and smarter.

I'm off to read the bad news of the day. Stay safe and well my dear friends.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

springwater

Hot day. Even though it was cloudy. Didnt rain.

Residents of this city are on alert..more cases. Some from a vegetable market. Two traffic policemen.

i think the daily wagers and poorer people who eke out a living on day to day basis selling food items, are really worrying.

Since the only shops allowed to open are the ration shops selling food and gas..even theclothes sellers are getting vegetables and selling them.

ive gotten used to the quiet and cleaner air. I do wonder about kids and the school they miss. Very unfortunate, especially those doing heavy duty courses like medicine.

Its hydrangea season, my friend sent me pictures. The blue ones i love and pink, which are more common. Hibiscus. Red and yellow ones with red markings.

Mikie - lovely porch but way too much for me to clean. Seems like you had a little adventure with those two young ones. I hope you feel better and SV too.

Barry - glad you are having your doc visit. Maybe some answers.

Rock - nice you got your refund. How is Kitty?

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Dear Porchies,

Just checking in again for a few minutes or so. Nothing exciting going on here. Just went with DH to Sams club and bought some sheets that were really needed even if not on special their prices are pretty good. Sheets sure are not cheap these days so glad that I have a Queen instead of King. The prices can be really off the wall. They did have some a little cheaper but the thread count was not as good and wouldn't last as long. Also the ones I bought have two extra pillow cases. I also found the last two sets of capri pj's. I only bought one. I wish they had 3/4 sleeve but I cannot be to picky. I am just o sensitive with a/c and fans blowing even i the heat. Did a wash of delicates and put my PJ's in there and then washed the sheets.

SUN - So sorry they found another condition to add to your collection. Thank you for the info on the Dermatomyosis. I think I might have read about that before. Very interesting but I don't think I have that one. Have you been having ore problems with your lung capacity? Keep on hanging in there, SUN.

SPRING - Sorry also to hear that it sounds like things are a bit worse in your area with the virus. That makes it so hard on everyone. Yes, I too worry about the young ones missing out on their proper education with this virus. Hope things get better in your area soon so there are not many shortages of foods, etc, and sickness. Hope you all get the foods you need and in your areea. Yes, the PORCH posted on this volume is probably to big for me to worry about cleaning to. To much house for me right now, inside and out. Just not much NRG and to much pain. I do what I have to do myself and the rest for the cleaning ladies which is mostly floors , dusting and bathrooms.

MIKIE - Sorry you were having some problems with your phone or whatever you were trying to do. I am not sure :confused:??? It sounds like whatever you wanted to send went through. Crazy about those boys dancing and going crazy by the pool making a racket., they should know better. However, that is just kids but I know their parents will not be happy if they cannot go to the pool if they like to do sol About how old were those boys, do you know?? Sorry you are still to pooped to pop.

Hi to all that I have not addressed properly, including the many MIAs. ! Gotta go start supper!

Love,

springwater

Sun - i saw from the news its forecasted to be a balmy 24 cel degrees in your area..well, for me 21degreez is ideal but anything less than 25 is bearable.

My DH wonders how i got a body so sensitive to heat and cold. I wonder too. i dont remember either of my parents being like this, so its not my genes.

i hope you get your test and get a good result.

Granni - i must try and get some aluminium foil..you made me crave baked potatoes...mmmm. Nowadays those red potatoes are out and they taste so good..if you cook them fresh from the market. i always have some potatoez which i cant use because they spoil from me not cooking them in time.

Rock - it seems like Gordon is very organised. it cuts out a lot of stress to have everything ready and be in time out the door when its time to lllllgo on an errand or visit.

I will probably be like that in my next lifetime.

There was a super typhoon Amphan in India which is affecting our weather. It rained a little. The DG in India was updating about the preparedness of the people and he was calling it Typhoon in the times of covid 19. he said he wasnt even going to pretend how challenging evacuating, sheltering and social distancing was going to be in such conditions. But what they could possibly do, they would.

India was overwhelmed with covid 19, cases spiking...so not much reporting about the storm on tv.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids,

Again got lotsa sleep. It didn't help yesterday; I got sooo tired I had to lie down in the afternoon. My sleep pattern again seems to be changing and I'm able to sleep later. Woo Hoo! Hope it lasts. I was worried about SV last evening because he refused to drink water but he slurped down a lot of it this morning. I always say a prayer of thanks when he does that. I didn't get to Target but will try again today.

Spring, I saw a segment on the news about the typhoon in India and thought about you. People were sheltering in big places that were previously used to treat people with the virus. They were crowded but wearing masks. I hope you can continue to find fresh food and other things you need. All states here are starting to open up but in some places, people are crowding together. It's hot here too and gonna be hotter next week. We have sensitivities to all kinds of things. I am sensitive to light, smells, noise, touch and movement. Not all the time but often enough to notice it. Be safe and well.

Granni, those boys were college age. Most of the trouble we have is from boys that age. They were in the pool itself doing their goofy dance. I love the Bollywood type of music and dancing but these guys looked like clowns trying to do it. I think they were trying to look sexy. Idiots! Management will send a letter to the parents splaining why their fob won't work and why the boys are blocked. This isn't the first time the son has been in trouble here. He's a mouthy little jerk. When the parents come down, they will likely unblock the pool fob. Glad you got some new sheets. I have bought microfiber sheets at Costco and I love them. They are softer than even the high-thread-count cotton and cheap. Bealls has some with beachy prints in shades of blue and they are always on sale. I have a king size bed but SV and I need the room. I know what you mean about exhaustion and pain. Makes even taking care of a condo too much. It was my wi-fi that wasn't working as it should and that affects every smart gizmo in the place. This morning, the microwave clock had to be reset. Guess the gremlins wander in here at night.

Rock, guess you were tired last evening too. SV slept most of the day yesterday, even more so than usual. I think he hasn't felt well ever since he threw up. Hope you feel better. How is Miss Kitty?

Gonna go, as usual, to read the paper online. I hope everyone has the best day possible under the circumstances. Find something beautiful to enjoy.

Love, Mikie

Home again, home again, skippity skip...
I just had a really good trip.

Went to Target and they took back the coffee machine that didn't work with no problem at all. I was afraid that because I had it delivered by Shipt there might be a problem since I have no paper receipt. The nice young man just had me put my Target credit card in the machine and credited the return. Yea! Easy Peasy! I use paper towels because they are cleaner than using sponges. I was down to ten rolls so bought another 20. They had a pretty good supply of paper goods but were limiting them to one per customer. Stores should have done that before the hoarders wiped everything out. I doubt paper goods will ever go back to the great prices I've always paid. I'm being very careful not to waste TP or paper towels.

I wear black boy short style swim bottoms and I have a hard time finding the style of tops I like. I found one and bought it without trying it on. Hope it fits. I really need to get back to the pool and exercise. My sciatica is so bad on the other side today that I could barely walk after I got out of the car. Joy Behar said that if we all keep gaining weight in quarantine, we will be so fat we will not be able to get any closer to each other than six feet. :D

I got some little red sand pails for the boys at the end of the bldg. Also got some red, white and blue flag pinwheels. Saw some marshmallows that are flat and rectangular to fit the graham crackers for Smores. How great is that! Monday is Memorial Day but that's not a day for kids. At least, I'll have something to put on the windowsill for the Fourth. The Cape cancelled their huge fireworks show. Haven't heard whether Fort Myers will go ahead with the show on the river. I also got a new catnip mousy for SV. He's out baking on the lanai so I'll save it for later. He's gonna love that.

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

Greetings to everydobby on this bright sunny day,

Dear MIKIE, et al,

Had a real exciting day today off to the mammogram which had been changed about 3 times. For me it is always an ordeal since I have such small breasts the tech has do all sorts of tricks to get what she gets, if she s lucky. A couple times it really did pinch hard but I was a good girl since my pain threshold is pretty high and the young tech was doing what she could. Wondering how much longer I will do these checks although my DD did get the genes and had breast cancer, from my MIL most likely who died of ovarian cancer many years ago.

Then ran to the Dollar Store and got some card, bday and graduation which I have been meaning to do for so long. Also got a funny Fathers Day card for DH and some b-day cards for b-days coming up.

Put the sheets in the drier today from yesterday and then folded them and put in another load which I will need to go fold and hang soon.

That is my exciting day. .:D

Glad you got your coffee pot credited today and got what you needed at the store. I'm sure that SV will be very excited to get his toy filled with catnip. Those kitties really go wild of catnip,

Thinking of everydobby and hope ROCK has a good nap so he can come back hopefully bright eyed and bushytailed.!!!

SPRING - So very sorry about the typhoons in your area and the spiking of COVID19 cases. I can imagine how upsetting that must be especially when you have to be careful where you go, if you can go anywhere and to hopefully avoid getting any of it yourself. Hopefully also you can get all the foods you need. I know what you mean about not buying potatoes or to many of them esp white as they go bad if you do not use them a lot. We both love them but try to eat mostly sweet potatoes.

Gotta run as I need to go fold wash and DG will be needing the computere!

Love,

sunflowergirl

granni: MAMMOGRAM! ugh.....incredible pain. Ive heard men have gotten this also...go figure how they do it. youre brave to get into a medical clinic.

I spoke with my cancer doc this morning and we both agreed we would do another phone check in July and go from there re: the covid19. I told her if a cystoscopy came back showing something I would be afraid to go to the hospital. she did say if that happened she could also burn them in the office with a pain shot. something to think about. but more things to be concerned about so will just wait until July.

Mikie: I’m sure the little boys will love what you got them.

I decided I would celebrate that I dodged a test right now, so I ordered my favorite sandwich from the local cafe. A burger with fig jam, onions and cheese on it with a side of sweet potato fries. waiting for them to call to go pick up.

one of my artist friends DD and her family live up in Michigan with the river behind them. she told me the other day they were waiting to hear whether they would be evacuated....that was before all hell broke lose, so I’m sure they’re in a shelter. very unsafe due to the virus.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

DD called on her way to a client's house. She loaned the woman some furniture from her own home to stage the house she sold. The woman took the furniture to her new house and hired DD to decorate it for her. In the meantime, her rowdy kids destroyed DD's furniture while they have been home. Of course, the fees will cover it. I'm glad DD has business. I feel so bad for all those out of work. It's just heartbreaking. The airlines guarantee the pilots a minimum number of hours whether they fly or not. DSIL has a flight this weekend. People are starting to fly again. My other DD is busy with patients but I don't know how her DH is doing in his sales job. Again, I'm happy for them. I'm hoping that as we open things up, we won't have another devastating outbreak. Vaccine trials are looking promising. Fingers crossed and prayers going up.

Granni, it's a bright sunny day here too. We are sposda be getting into our rainy season with thunderstorms in the afternoons. I'm always happy to see it start. My doc wants me to continue getting mammos but I'm not sure I will. I've always been able to endure the pain but last time, it made me break out in a sweat. These new machines require more pressure. I've been through a lot this year so won't be putting myself through that for a while if ever. I'm not in a statistical high risk group. Publix has Hallmark cards on BOGO whenever there is a big holiday and I try to stock up then. I have two potatoes trying to sprout right now and need to use them. Work never waits. Rats!

Sun, glad you got a reprieve until July. I'm smiling at your celebration. Sounds good! There seemed to be a lot of meat at Target, especially hamburger. I got some Jack Daniels BBQ pulled pork to make sandwiches. Mmmm! The little boys are so young that anything I get for them will be a big hit. The pinwheels are really cool. Nancy lives in MI but not in harm's way. I saw homes floating away on the news. So many things happening to people and it's just another heartbreaking thing to pray about. Hope your friend is okay.

Rock, hope you got some sleep and hope you're back on the Porch soon.

Barry, hope you're feeling better.

When I watch documentaries on history, I realize we have been through some really hard times before. I have the one on the Roosevelts on. I've seen it before but there is nothing else on and it's so good. I find out things I never realized before. As popular as the Roosevelts were, there were some people who were very ugly to them. Guess it's true that no good deed(s) shall go unpunished.

SV is losing his fur in clumps so Roomba is running in the bedroom. I cleaned the toilets even though they didn't look as though they needed it. Also unloaded the DW and loaded it up again. I had some veggie leftovers that had molded in the fridge. I really need to clean out the whole thing. Plastic pieces are starting to come off of drawers and shelves in it. I have some super glue and will have to fix them. I'm disappointed in this fridge. Not much accomplished but getting the coffee maker returned was a big thing. Still haven't deposited my checks at the bank so will try to do that tomorrow. I need to vacuum the tile floor on the lanai. Lordy, it never ends. I just pray I'm able to do things. I was so strong in my yute that it never occurred to me that there might be something I couldn't do.

Hope all y'all have a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie: what’s with these rowdy, to heck with everything kids? what kind of furniture was damaged? good thing its covered but it WAS your DDs furniture. will she chuck it or have it repaired?

Our parents generation went thru such deprivation, that most of them became savers. you know.....the jelly jars, the plastic bags, clothes you don’t wear anymore or haven’t even worn for over 20 years. I did so much reading of civil war books that my mind goes back to those days. People starving and no place to get food. coffee made from chicory, butter, etc. rationed. I use to have the partially used ration books from when I was a baby but when my DS was helping clean out grandmas mobil home he asked if he could have them. and of course we remember the gas rationing!

this friend“s DD and DH own a group of homes all together. when they bought about 2 years ago they wanted my friend to also move there....I guess it was like a compound. Haven’t heard back from her so I wonder how things are going.

rockgor

Hi Kids, We just got back from a visit to the doc. His office is in the San Fernando valley. I guess
it's a temporary office. Not many people working there. Most of the offices in the building are
empty. We got some new Rxs. I think one is for my Alz and one for my difficult index finger.
I told him as we were leaving not to wear himself out.

Sun, Is that a sandwich you were describing or your contribution to a family picnic? Reminds me
of those ads that show grandma putting something on the table as the family crowds around.
Usually a turkey or a ham. Remember those hams that were so popular a few years ago.? I
forget what they were called. Gordon says it was Honey Baked. I hope your friends in Michigan
are safe.

Granni, several years ago I read a long article in a magazine; maybe National Geographic. It was
about the amazing varities of potatoes that are grown in S America. Different colors, etc.

Mikie, our cat seems to be fine. When we moved here I didn't feed her for the first 3 or 4 days.
(Gordon did.) So the first day I took food out I was really confused. I couldn't remember how
many pets we had, if they were cats or dogs, etc. The inventory has now been completed. We have
one pet; a black and white cat.

Going to go lie down. Hope everybody is sitting pretty.
Rock

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just watched the latest episode of Motherland, Fort Salem. Not something I'd normally watch but it's pretty good. SV is so happy to have a new catnip mousie. He tore his old one open and ate all the catnip. It made him sick as it caused the urine crystals. Don't think he can tear this new one open.

Sun, I worry about kids but also others. DD was saying there's a lot of discussion about wearing masks and some feel it's just as well to go ahead and get sick and have herd immunity. I just don't buy that; it isn't logical. People who get sick don't just get sick in a vacuum. They make others sick and some of those people may die. It's selfish because the healthcare workers are overwhelmed and getting sick and dying. In my mind, it's playing out the clock and being safe until there is a vaccine. People have had it too good and they have never had to make sacrifices for the common good. So many feel so entitled. I can't imagine letting kids destroy furniture, especially when it belongs to someone else. It was older furniture that the kids had in their other homes and it's not new but it wasn't destroyed either. I still have a ration stamp book that my Mom had for me so she could get extra milk and other things she needed. My kids may not even know about rationing during WWII. Yes, our parents' generation when through so much. They are truly The Greatest Generation.

Rock, it's always a good idea to take inventory of kids and pets. Sounds as though the doc appt. went as well as one can expect. There are thousands of varieties of fruits and veggies and we only eat a few of them. Don't know why. The mangoes have no flavor. I had thought they would be sweet. Most things grown on trees of homes here are really good. Some clients did give me some bananas one time and they had no flavor either. Grapefruits and Myers Lemons are great. We had a Honey Baked Ham here but don't know whether it survived. I buy single slices at Publix because I can't eat too much of it. I'm sitting but I don't know how pretty it is. I had to sit and hold SV for a while. Got tired of his begging.

Well, Kiddies, I'm off to watch the news and try to finish the thriller I'm reading. Been reading a lot and will eventually run out of books. Claudia brought over a real book and I'll start that next if I can remember how to read one. :) Have a good one, everybody.

Love, Mikie

• Love