PORCH 1200 IS NOW CLOSED (5/26/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1200 IS NOW CLOSED (5/26/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Park-Spring-Bush-Flowers_thumb.jpg

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids,

Time for a new Porch. Thought we might take a stroll through this colorful garden in honor of our 1,200th Porch. The beauty of meeting up virtually is that we don't have to don masks. :) Another good night's sleep and I think I know why I'm sleeping better. I've gone back to putting a couple of drops of pregnenelone under my tongue each day. That should help my osteopenia too. I just called the co. for my annuity and they got the forms and everything is all set [sigh of relief]. I'm in a lot of hip pain so need to get up and move around. It's dreary again today.

Sun, I was unable to play the video. I got a message that it couldn't be played. This is the second video I've not been able to play. If you can play it, perhaps you can move it here. We really needed to start a new Porch. After I tried one way, I tried clicking on the link you posted but that only let me view a wee bit of the video. I found that by going to You Tube and finding the video about building the perfect squirrel proof bird feeder, I was able to watch it. I haven't watched the whole thing yet. Hope this helps because it looks like an amazing video. Thanks for posting it.

I'll come back later. Hope all y'all have a good start to the day. Each day, no matter what, I always say, "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Then, I thank Him for my blessings. There is always something to be thankful for even in the bleakest of times. This is a healing thing to do. Two squirrels are chasing around the slash pines and I'm thankful for them.

Love, Mikie

I'm also thankful for hot soaks and hot showers. I removed my toe nail polish. Still have to trim my nails before putting new polish on them. They look best when kept short. I keep my fingernails longer but only use clear polish on them. We got a nice rain shower and now the sun is out. Don't know how long it will last. I'm feeling better than yesterday and am trying to enjoy my life as best I can. That's basically what I do anyway.

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Ill post the link again. The guy is Mark Rober so anyone can look him up and see his videos. This guy is a genius, apparently quit NASA to create things. I also watched his video about “porch thefts”.......long but so funny. And apparently he“s been on Jimmy Kimmel. Funny thing was as I was watching his squirrel video I was thinking the exact thing, that he should be on. I have to say this guy is very entertaining. I’m going to watch his other videos today.

I don’t know why my joints have been killing me for about 3 weeks now. I always hurt in the mornings but not like this. Pain in my toes, my ankles, my knees, my shoulders. Think I”ll try taking some glucosimine supplements.

rockgor

Hi Folks, Sorry about the joints acting up Mikie. Or is it you and Sunflower? I used to know about glucosimine. Funny. We were talking about it on the board recently. I still forgot it. Gordon went out to do a little shopping. I am reading a fascinating catalogue that sells books. I think they have several on cats. Gordon previously posted about the gal
who works for the Times and brings us books after she's reviewed them. This time, for some reason, she brought a
stack of magazines. What is kinda strange is that they are aimed at the opposite sex, i.e. women.

Ah, I hear somebody at the door. Could be Gordon or Henry. OK, better go. It's Gordon. See ya later, Kids.
Rock

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Got my pedicure with one coat of polish on my toe nails. I filed my finger nails down but didn't clear coat them yet. Not much in terms of accomplishment but I'm very shaky today.

Sun, that video is one of the best things I've ever seen. This guy is so funny and the squirrels are amazing. I watch the squirrels outside going up and down the tree trunks and back and forth on the limbs. They fly through the air from one tree to another. When I had that flu, my hips and legs ached something awful. They still do now and then. I haven't found glucosamine without the stearates in it but think I'll order some fish oil. It's good for aches and a lot of other things too. Hope your pain is better.

Rock, just what you want--ladies magazines. NOT! Are you using the Kindle? If so, Gordon should be able to download books from the library or Amazon. I think it's both Sun and I you are thinking of who have the joint pain. I am going to go to B&N to look for books on cats to send to our friend, Nancy. I think I'll give Claudia a smart plug to work with Alexa for Christmas. She loves having Alexa in the kitchen where she is always working on something. She asks for music all the time. With the plug, Alexa can turn lights or something else on and off with voice commands. Did your friend bring her dog with her?

Okay, gonna go. I have a headache and need to take something for it. I just don't feel well and haven't all day. Whine, whine, whine! Love to all our dear Porchies, mentioned and MIA.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

rockgor

hi everyone. yes, mikie, i have been able to download several books for the kindle for rock. of course the first 8 books he did not like. author's current books are on a wait list of 8 weeks. tried getting books from some of his favorite author but their books are so old that there's no kindle format for them. did find a copy from these authors that he's never read nor knew about them. after about 1/2 hour he stated those were no good and did not know why they were published.

i've taken to getting him some cozy mysteries which surprisingly he likes and has read three of them. he has adjusted to reading on the kindle but still has trouble moving around it. yes, our neighbor, marina, did bring a couple of real books for rock. her job is to review the reviews for the l.a. tiems. don't know what that entails. once rock has finished with the latest she will bring more. told her any genre would do.

just got in from watering orchids and veggies. more beans have come up but the majority seems to be having trouble. maybe the bean bugs got the them. didn't bother viewing the tape from the AOS that jim got for the members of the club. it sound boring and it was not something i would ever consider growing as it must be grown in a basket and hung up.

well, that's all for today.

gordon

Mikie

Hi, Gordon,

Geez, a book has to be really bad before I give up on it. It's too bad you are having so much trouble with the beans. I haven't been cooking much and I know I need to get back to it and eat more healthy food. I don't know whether it's because I never seemed to recover from that flu or whether it's because I'm so inert. Oh well, this too shall pass. It's so good of you to keep trying to find books for Rock.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Gordon: such a patient man!!!!! I think after the 3rd rejection I would hand him an old book that he already has.

Its HOT here! My DGD is coming over tomorrow, she called this morning to make sure wednesday was still on. I’m praying I“ll have a couple really good days while she’s here. I’m going to give her some cooking lessons along with the sewing. I bought some baby back ribs today and I found a recipe in my old recipe box for the marinating sauce. I just hope she likes it. I told her about cooking and she was excited about it. I figure this rib recipe is easy and she can impress her dad. She hasn”t dabbled in much cooking. And.....we’re also going to make a strawberry pie. You put the fresh strawberries in a baked pie shell I might let her try rolling it out) and then you mix up jello with cornstarch and hot water until thick then pour it over the berries and into the frig. And of course theres the pool to cool off in.

springwater

Mikie - beautiful flowers...so uplifting to look at. Do you know what flowers those are..the combination of colours!

I have not been at my sprightliest either. Sluggish would describe it. I hope you recover soon. These phases come and go. Best to ride it out.

I'm glad you are getting a handle on the financials..papers etc. I would be transfixed..I have no head for numbers.

Sun - what struck me about the video is the underlying compassion and empathy the Squirrel Guy had for his little tormentors. He knew they were doing what they know to do the way the Lord made them to do and he was vastly appreciative of their skills and cunning. He seems to have the perfect partner in his wife who seems to be there to see the critters didn't get hurt ever no matter what knick knacks he engineered and how high they were launched...some of those made me shout with laughter...oh dear...that's entertainment for you...big thumbs up.:D

We had a massive squall day before. The kids were out in the car to the big shop and I had to phone to tell them to stay put inside until I phoned. The wind was so fierce and the rains slashing through the trees...bending the big old trees like they were rubber pipes instead of decades old sturdy things.

I was scared corrugated tin roofs might come flying.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Hump Day Morning, Kids,

Got eight hours of sleep but do not feel refreshed, never do. I'm just thankful that my exhaustion isn't keeping me in bed. I can at least do a few things. There is a big glue heron out wading in the pond searching for his breakfast. Even when things are at their worst, the birds, otters, squirrels and other critters continue living their lives. It's reassuring to see. SV has gone out on the lanai after eating his brunch. The squirrel is running around in the trees and it's entertaining for him to watch. His own nature channel right outside our door.

Sun, I know DGD will enjoy her visit and she will always remember the fun she has with you. Nothing better than sewing and other creative crafts and cooking/baking. Both are such fun and so practical for kids to know. Then, the icing on the cake--getting in the pool. My kids have always loved our pool. Ribs are on sale at Publix and I should get a rack of them to do in the Instant Pot. They cook so fast and fall apart. They would be the perfect thing to try the new air fryer lid on. I just buy Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. It's always on BOGO. I'm a lazy cook when I cook at all. I hope you both enjoy today; I know you will. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Spring, I don't know what kind of flowers those are and I'm not sure that they haven't been doctored. They look like flowering bushes in the South in the spring. The beautiful burst of color made me happy. I've been in the Carolinas in the spring and everything was sooo beautiful. Yes, these phases come and go and all we can do is ride them out. I always hated math and anything to do with accounting/finance but I had to take them in college and used them on the job. Now I'm glad because it makes dealing with the finances of our condo assn. so much easier. I showed Joe how to read his and now he's a whiz at it. Claudia is so mathaphobic that she refuses to have anything to do with hers. Fortunately, her vice president takes care of all that in her bldg. My personal budget isn't super accurate but close enough that it makes me feel more in control over my finances. It was a massive squall that blew all that dirt into the lanai right after I had cleaned it. I love thunderstorms but not destructive ones. With the humidity, it will feel as though it's 101 degrees out today. AACCKK!! I'll be quarantining from the humidity!

There is a SpaceX launch this afternoon carrying astronauts to the manned spacecraft. I wish they would launch at night because they are visible from my lanai even though they launch from the other coast. In the daytime, they are hard to see and it's cloudy today. I'll watch on TV too. One in particular was so beautiful at night and could be seen for a long time. Weather might delay the launch today. There is the potential for a tropical storm north of FL on the Atlantic Coast.

I hope everyone has the best day possible. I will try to do the same.

Love, Mikie

• Love

springwater

Sun - i hope you have a good time when DGD comes. My memory is not good for certain things and DD learning to cook is one of those times i cant recall.

I guess most of it she learnt while at college. She cant sew for peanuts. They didnt learn at school either. i did embroidery at school. Lazy daisy, blanket, chain and what not.

My mums sister did beautiful cross stitch. My mum was worse than me. But she sang well. And had a good voice.

Rock and Gordon - i wish i had those ladies magazines. i like the stories. Mum had a pile of old english magazjnes..W, womans..etc.

i watched The Darkest Hour. About Winston Churchill and how he buoyed up the British public to back him to fight against the Nazis rather than make a peace deal with them.

I never thought i would find a political film interesting. How wrong i was. I found it rivetting. It was more a portrait of the man than war. Rather humorous too, surprisingly.

Gary Oldman portrays Churchill and for me, never was a character played more realistically.

Oh, we also watched Parasite. The DS wanted all of us to watch as a family. So he even made a trip to buy popcorn and made sure everyone had eaten dinner before he started the movie.

The premise of the movie was new to me so it was interesting...it turned dark later. I guess its strength was that it was not a predictable run of the mill movie. it kept me glued to the end.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just got outta the shower. OMG! It felt so good. I took some ibuprophen before and hope that and the hot water ease my aches 'n pains. I forgot to tell y'all about the sweetest thing SV did last night. I threw the towel I wanted to use for my shower on the bed. Of course, he thought I put it there for him to sleep on. He made a nest for himself on it and then got down. He went to the living room and got his little catnip mousie and put in on the towel for him to sleep with. He really loves his new mousie.

Gotta trim just a bit off my hair in the back and blow it dry and style it. Should last for my appt. with the eye doc on Fri. I'm praying I can get my cataracts done. Then, I'll be praying for successful removal. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Spring, my friends and I learned to embroider when we were little. We were pretty good at it considering our age. We embroidered tea towels and pillow cases. I eventually learned to knit and crochet but wish I had learned at an earlier age. For some reason, knitting was popular in HS and girls would knit on lunch break and during programs in the auditorium. I was always reading. My girls cook and bake but aren't into needle crafts. Neither has time. Your weather must be like ours right now.

Barry, my friend, I see your footprints and hope you are feeling well. Also hope you can drop in and let us know how you, Richard and the critters are doing.

OK, gotta go dry my hair before it gets too humid out.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

rockgor

Hi Kids

I am playing the role of house wife today. This is for the benefit of Henry who doesn't do any more
housework than Queen Elizabeth's progeny. I wonder if the English are going to support the monarchy forever. They don't get much for their money, but maybe they have a different view.

I have been looking at Youtube the last couple days. The subject is history, particularly WW II.
I wonder if during the war people felt similar to what many of us feel now.

Boy, SV really knows the schedule at your house, Mikie. I'm ready for a nap myself. I talked to
Gordon about a visit to Minnesota. He was totally opposed. He was horrified when I told him
about my phone call to Minn. a week or two ago. My brother said he had 3 friends over and they
played whist for a couple hours in the afternoon. Gordon thought that was very risky behavior.

I never knew any young girls who knitted, but several girls in college did. Even during class it
was considered OK. Sometimes when my mother had ladies over to play bridge one would
bring along a knitting project. But only if it was "Just about done. I knew you wouldn't mind."

Spring water, I don't even know where the Ladies magazines went. Yesterday I told Gordon I
wanted to call Marina and thank her. He kept saying, Yeah, yeah, I have the number. I'll get it.
But he never did. Now I can't even find the magazines.

Gordon has lots of flowers in bloom including two cactus orchids on the front porch. Which
reminds me. I must see if there are any new tomatoes.

Hugs to all you nice people. Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

Decided to check the news online and stopped in. Glad to see you were here. I just styled my hair but think I used too much styling gel. My hair is brittle. Good Grief! I had dropped off and could again but thought I had better get my hair styled. Just all the washin' and dryin' and stylin' has worn me out. It doesn't take much. I think those of us with these conditions have a heck of a time getting over viruses like whatever it was Grace and I had in Jan. She texted me yesterday that she is still exhausted too. She's ten years old than I but usually has more NRG.

Wish we could see a pic of the flowers out front. I think Gordon is right about your bro and his having friends over. Perhaps everyone is distancing and wearing masks and feel that the risk is slight. Maybe you could think about it after the danger has passed. It's really scary seeing the planes where people can't distance themselves and some of the airlines don't require masks which is stupid. TSA isn't scanning temps either. I wouldn't fly unless absolutely necessary but that's just my opinion.

I think the Royals remain popular. They were wildly popular after WWII when the King and Queen went out to inspect the bombed out buildings. Elizabeth was a truck mechanic for the soldiers. Back in the days of Diana and Charles, public opinion was critical of supporting the Royals and that's when the Queen started to pay taxes. People seem obsessed by the younger Royals, especially Meghan and Harry since they left. They are as popular as the Kardashians. Glad no one is obsessed with me; it sounds awful.

Think I may lie down again and try to finish my nap. SV is out on the lanai in the heat having is mid-day siesta. I'm glad I got the tiles cleaned so they don't dirty the white fur on his undercarriage. The warmer it gets, the more he wants to laze out there in his own private sauna.

Hope playing the housewife isn't too tiring.

Love, Mikie

Joe just called. He is going in for his endoscopy tomorrow. He has had nausea for a while so doc wants to do some tests. He had an ultrasound to try to rule out his gallbladder. He has no pain so I doubt it's his GB but they have to check everything. He gets nervous about what might be wrong. Our friends, Connie and Sam are taking him and picking him up. My eye appt. is Fri. and I will be glad to find out whether I can get my cataracts removed.

They scrapped the space launch. Too much bad weather over there with lots of lightning in the area. It is rescheduled for Sat. but the weather doesn't look much better then. Weather in FL is so unpredictable. We have onshore winds and weather patterns from all directions.

I'm bored. Think I'll head over to Roomrater to see which backdrops are getting good ratings. That's how bored I am!

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

HI to everydobby,

Raining outside late this afternoon. Glad to see MIKIE as usual, and ROCK. Not much happening ere. I went and got my hair colored and cut this morning - thank Goad it was really starting to look bad, at least to me and bother me , getting in my eyes, etc. The back of my neck was also driving me nuts and tends to stick out on one side when it gets to long. It doesn't do as it should and lie down flat.

SUN - Thanks for that funny squirrel video ! Wow that guy is very innovative in his search for a feeder the squirriels can get into. I didn't get to the very end as I had to leave the computer. Did any squirrel actually get through the maze to the feeder. I was getting exhausted watching the squirrels and watching the guy working so hard trying to find something that would work. So funny!

MIKIE - Yes, it doesn't take long for us to get worn out, does it? Just doing out hair or something not to strenuous for most people. Hope you had a good nap! They had to scrub the launch of that rocket I was looking forwards to seeing go off safely due to bad weather in the area. So now they wait until either Saturday or MOnday. I heard two things so am not sure. Those poor guys up in the rocket all strapped in and probably excited to go and then it is called off. Oh well, better to be safe a than sorry. I still remember that awful Shuttle rocket that was launched and less than 5 minutes it blew up with the first woman on board too and I guess two men or maybe more. Remember her name - Kristin McCauliff in 1986 I believe. I have watched most of them that I knew about that had men aboard. that was advertised. HOPE you had a good nap and feel batter afterwards.

SPRING - Don't feel bad at least you did needlework. I did some crocheting of ponchos for the girls when it was the big style. Also a little bit of sewing when the kids were small. I learned some from mom and also from sewing class but I was not that great. I can hand sew better than I can with the machine which I do not have anymore. The hardest part is threading the needle.. Now I dont they teach any life, skills as well as other things I think they should be teaching like history. The kids know harding anything about history.. Not a good idea in my estimation.

Gotta go and finish off my stuffed peppers for dinner. Hi to everyone not mentioned too !

Love to everyone,
Granni :)

gb66

Doing a bit better since the tornado. We are house hunting. We truly lost most everything but our clothes and two recliners. Starting over at age 80. My cfs and fm are screaming. No computer as yet, typing on a kindle, yikes. Hugs to all, GB

rockgor

Morning. It's 3 am here. Was just reading about a car salesman who got fired for a political stunt his bosses didn't like. I kinda think he auto have expected it.

GB, I think you are brave: like the pioneers who went West when they were no longer young. Granni,
I remember those early rocket launches. I wouldn't even have gotten in the rocket. I do think it
was terribly cruel that some animals were put in the rockets and left to die.

Mikie, I don't believe Elizabeth drove an ambulance during WWII. There are lots of pics showing
her standing near an ambulance, but I've never seen any that actually show her driving. She was
only a teenager then. There used to be lot of pics of Harry on the net. Always smiling. Frequently
with beautiful women at parties. All those pics disappeared after he got married.

Well, I'm going back to bed. Have a good day, Folks. Rock

• Love

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids,

GB, thank you so much for giving us an update. I can only imagine how awful this has been for you. I keep you in my prayers. I'm glad you are doing a bit better but am so sorry your CFIDS and FMS are making you sick. I wish you luck with the house hunting. Yes, starting over at our age must be hard. Keep the faith, Dear One, and thanks again for letting us know how it's going. I hope it starts going better and better.

Granni, I'm sure it must feel wonderful to get your hair cut and colored. My roots grow out faster and faster but I have the colored powder to tame them a bit. One of these days, maybe I'll be able to let it all go white. My pedicure looks so nice. It's hard to keep old feet looking good. Saturday is the next possible launch date but the weather is looking iffy then too. Monday is the next one after that. I think they choose the dates based on the Earth's position. The air yesterday was super electrically charged with tons of lightning strikes nearby. They say lightning is the biggest threat. I remember that explosion too. I was in shock. I am going to see whether I can find one of those needle threaders. I read that putting a piece of white paper under the sewing machine foot made the needle eye easier to see. Some of the kids coming out of school don't know much about anything. It's scary.

Rock, no Queen Elizabeth didn't drive ambulances that I know of during WWII but she probably worked on them, based on what I have read. She was a truck mechanic. She turned 18 in 1945. Evidently on a trip to Africa after the war, one of the trucks stopped and no one could get it running. She reportedly told them how to fix it and they were on their way. I really don't think any of the pics of her were staged solely for PR during the war. Even if they were, I don't think it diminishes the fact that she did her part. The whole family was evidently a source of courage and hope to people in Britain when the Germans were so brutally bombing them. Instead of sending the young princesses off to Canada, their parents sent them to Windsor Castle while the King and Queen stayed at Buckingham which was bombed. Considering that our country was founded by trying to get out from under the thumb of King George, I understand how royalty may not sit well with us. It's a foreign concept to us. All of Europe was ruled by royalty at one time so they are likely used to them. The Royal Family waxes and wanes in popularity in Britain but many couldn't imagine their country without them. This seems to have been especially true during WWII. I have always been fascinated by them but don't want royalty here. We have enough problems with the politicians.

elizabeth.jpg

I hope all y'all have the best day possible and that something makes you smile.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

springwater

GB - good to hear from you...prayers with you..you all are so brave.

Granni - Indian History was a nightmare to learn for school leaving exams..all those dates..they had so many rulers

i loved World history..very interesting.
Its nice to be informed.

Rock - i believe Queen Elizabeth and her husband refused to leave Buckingham Palace and retreat into the country during the bombings..of WWII. i kind of wonder about the future. Queen Elizabeth III has been exemplary as a queen but the younger gen have been involved in too many scandals.

Maybe the Brits will decide the monarchy is too expensive to pay for.

Mikie - i hope Joes endoscopy goes smoothly and the diagnosis is good. i had terrible nausea and had one...revealed no severe condition. I had anxiety too. My symptoms went away with a antianxiety something, forgot meds name but i took it for couple of days, no longer.

Lovely day today. not hot but enough sun to dry the washing. Theres one neighbour, does tons of washing every day. sheets, curtains in addition to normal clothes.

they hang them on the terrace wall on the 2nd floor.

The heavy rains washed the petals of our roses which were blooming. i remember when we had giant dahlias this time. Now, the nurseries are closed.

Theyre selling corn on the cob..i bought some for the dogs...and myself, the DH and family arent too fond of it. It was a poor village lady on the roadside. Really cheap. 10 corns for $1.00. Actually just wanted her to make some money but they tasted delicious!

I put on the news to get updated and there was this horrific scene of fires burning in Minneapolis. I put it off. It was there in Facebook too. My FB has been tampered with, i posted once and after that it wouldnt take. Gremlins there too.

I listened to some music. Oldies to comfort myself. El Condor Pasa by Leo Rojas, Turn Turn Turn by Mary Hopkins, Those were the days..Mary Hopkins.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Have had my hot bath and SV is out sunning himself. I just looked up some old Shell gas cards. Three were empty but there's about $20 in balances on the other two. I have a couple of them in the car that I think are fully loaded. It's hurricane season June 1 and I need to fill the tank just in case. We have already had two tropical storms off the Atlantic. I have cash and water and probably enough canned food to get through a storm. I'll be checking the food. I really need to eat out of the freezer so it's not full in case we lose power. I keep saying that and then buy some frozen food.

Joe just called and all is well. Doc said his esophagus looks even better than the last time he had the scope. The doc did biopsy his stomach because there was some inflammation. They did that to me when I had the scope because I also had inflammation. I think the acid reflux causes that. Some bad news--our neighbor across the street passed away last night up north. He had been sick a long time but this last winter he looked so good. They have a grown son who is mentally challenged. He will be able to understand because he is very high functioning but it's just sad. Grace called to tell me about our neighbor and said she's still not over whatever we had earlier. She was gonna go take a shower and didn't think she could. Nancy's son had the flu earlier and has been sick ever since but he tested neg. for the corona virus.

Spring, I think our heat is here to stay. Wasn't the British Empire over when they gave Hong Kong to China in 1997? I wish I knew more world history but I don't even know our history here that well. Doh! You are right; the Brits will have to decide whether to keep the Royals. No matter how pampered they are, it sounds to me like an awful life. They do raise tons of money for charities. I'm glad your corn was good. It's my favorite veggie after Brussels Sprouts. Nice of you to want to help that woman. I had mixed veggies for dinner last night--corn, carrots and green beans. Mmmm! That killing in MN was horrific and it was on TV. To watch a man die like that broke my heart and infuriated me. I'm not watching any more of it. Love your taste in music. That's what I like to listen to. Also music from the 80's that my kids liked.

Rock, forgot to mention your great auto pun. I'd like to get a book on puns but I can't af-Ford it. I've been couped up in here too long. Maybe I need some Soul music.

OK, I need to do something even if it's wrong, as my Mom used to say. I miss her so much.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie; always sad when someone we know dies. But the odds are 10 out of 10 and we have to remember that someday it will be us. So if Joes esophagus looks better now what? I was SHOCKED at how those police killed that poor man. And I read that there was rioting also in Los ASngeles.

Spring: we are cooking up a storm here. Yesterday she made the strawberry pie, and rolled out the pie crust too. The ribs needed a tad more spice for our taste but it was good. She now made a bread using baking soda and I cut some fresh rosemary and minced it to put in the dough. Wish I had some toasted onions instead but didn’t. I’m going to be defrosting some frozen shrimp and she can stir fry it along with some cilantro and garlic.

And she picked quite a lot of green and yellow beans from my little garden so she can also stir fry those. She also picked some tomatoes. I’m going to make her a gardener yet! She’s slowly getting the hang of the sewing machine foot pedal. She’s completed a really nice pink poodle pillow and I also had her make an inner pillow. Not sure about whether she can make/complete an apron or not. We played monopoly last night while watching Anne of Green Gables. She brought the DVD set. Its also been a favorite of mine, the one starring Megan Fellows, I think that’s her name.

Barry: can you believe this?

Last edited:
  • Love