PORCH 1202 IS NOW CLOSED (6/5/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1202 IS NOW CLOSED (6/5/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

goat.jpeg

Hi, Kids,

Just realized we had 50 posts on the last Porch. Time for a new one. Be sure to read the last posts on #1201.

I don't know whether this little guy is our Peaceful Goat but he sure is cute and I feel peaceful just looking at him. Baby animals in the spring are so sweet. New life gives hope.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Hi awl,

MIKIE - What a cute baby goat !!! Yes, all babies are cute. Thanks for the new volume. and posting that adorable little goat.

Not to much new going on here, just hot. Haven't done much except go to the store with DH and then rewrap the big pkg of turkey bacon into little pkg. DH insists on getting more bacng for his buck which he gets when we buy in quantities. Sometimes it is a pain when you have to rewrap and put in freezer or whatever. We dod also use a stand of sorts with 3 or 4 shelves on it to put extra things, not food of course. Had to put the turkey bacon in the freezer in smaller pkgs. That took awhile and then made lunch. Nothing exciting going on here.

Happy to hear that the unemployment went down . So glad for others going back to work.

I quickly looked at the last volume but I have forgotten what I have read but then I also read it very fast and wanted to to look for the newest volume..

Hi to everydobby- SUN, SW, ROCK/GORDON, WILLOW, Star and all our MIAs.. Hope all are well.

Hope to get back here soon.

LOVE TO AWL,
GRANNI :)

rockgor

Hi Kids

Yup, that's a cute goat. I guess they're all cute till they get big enough to knock you into the middle
of next week. We had neighbors who had sheep and others who had horses, chickens and
cows when I was a kid. Nobody had a goat. I guess by the time I was through high school all the farm animals had been returned to the farm. I wonder why it says "Brown Trout" on that Calendar page. I'm afraid the goat would be too big to play with SV. Is that a brown cat behind the goat?

Spent most of the day watching TV or You Tube. Helped Gordon with some gardening. TV is
really boring now. Just old shows over and over. There's news, but it's the same news we had
previously.

Never had turkey bacon, Granni, but it sounds good. Maybe I posted that before. My mind constantly drifts back to previous times when the world made a lot more sense than now. Kitty is sitting on the steps that lead up to the garage. She's content. She's been petted and praised
and fed.

Sun, hope your treatments are producing good results.

For animal lovers. If you go to you tube you can find the burial places of not only famous
actors, but famous animal actors such as the dog who played Toto. She was in many movies.

Hugs, Rock

sunflowergirl

Mikie: isn’t that baby goat adorable! My oldest son couldn’t take the formula when he was a baby, we went from one to another brand and finally we tried him on goats milk. He did well, so a friend we knew raised goats and we got fresh goats milk every couple of days. I didn’t like the smell, but here I am.....loving goat cheese. I just couldn’t do without cheese so tried goat cheese. Its more $ but it sits well on my stomach.

I hope you feel good by the time your family will be visiting. With these bodies, we just cant count on them though.

Woke this morning to drizzle, what a surprise. And its been cool and overcast all day. I had a big order on etsy today, someone in Japan, and it took me awhile to sort thru everything she wanted. Yesterday I saw my accountant to finally get my taxes done...whew.

Spring: glad to read you might be getting butterflies. I do love watching them. Years ago we were on a cruise and our day trip was to see a butterfly farm in St. Thomas. Loved seeing all of them.

Such a mess our country is in. I find it so upsetting, feel anxiety from everything. I hope everyone votes this november to get some change.

Last night I watched an old movie.....The ghost and Mrs. Muir. Black and white on DVD. Its was a freebie I found at a local book giveaway. I remember watching the TV program but this was a first for the old movie.

springwater

its raining again and did last night. And it will rain some more since monsoons are here. I wish Mother Nature had devised a system where our rainfall was staggered over the year. Rather than dump huge amounts in two months. There is a town in India called Cherapunjee.in the state of Megalaya..it is the rainiest place in the world.

my garden/compound is not a jungle any longer, it is a swamp. Soon i will have to look out for alligators, not just snakes.

Rock - do you mean Julie Andrews of The Princess Diaries? She was so elegant..like she was born to play a Queen. How well she has aged. well i havent seen recent pictures. her hairstyle is so neat. And elegant. Her face shape is such as to look good even when her hair is so short and sleeked down.

Mikie -thats unfortunate about your childrens visit but would it have been safe for them to visit anyway? With this covid still around?

i dont remember what encounter i posted about regarding the police and protester, which page? i havent posted any that i remember.

Well, yesterday was the Full Moon. I forgot about it because of the rains, i couldnt see the moon at night..no wonder i had to smoke the rooms with incense..the energy felt dense..

got this craving for dumplings, and made myself mushroom ones..with onion soup and tomato salsa.

The dogs were tired out. They had been after a black cat who was up one of our trees. It was after birds no doubt. Very noisy when that happens. Dogs barking, birds squawking.

i gave them chew treats to calm them down.

Hello to all not mentioned

God bless

I edited to delete a part of my post which was commenting on the goings in NY since they may not sit well with everyone.

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Spring: I saw that video of the 75 year old man getting shoved down then being ignored......unbelievable!!!!!

Ive been watching a MOST informative youtube video from Rick Steves....the travel guy on PBS. He made a documentary on the history of fascism. Hmmmmmm......lots of things so similar as to what’s going on in our country. I think the average person, me for one, doesn’t know much about history but this is a good youtube video to watch, and remember.

rockgor

Hi Kids

Went to bed a while ago, but no sleepy, so just chugged through all the TV channels. Nothing to watch except an old Carol Burnett skit, but it only lasted ten minutes. Lots of news, of course, but it's the all the same.

Spring, Did I say something about Julie Andrews? Don't remember doing so. I am a big fan though. You can see
her on Youtube with Ken Barry, Gene Kelly, etc. I did see her live in an old theater in LA. She was even more wonderful
in person. (Admission was free, because she was being filmed for a TV special.) Read a new book by her recently. She
said she had a terribly time getting work in LA because the film producers didn't want an actress with an English accent.
Julie's husband is Edward Blake who makes the Pink Panther movies. I didn't know Julie had something to do with The
Princess Diaries.

Sun, Last week I watched a lot of history on You tube. It was almost all from the end of WWII. I would like to see Rick
Steves documentary. Hope I can find it.

OK, going back to bed. Rock

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids,

Finally got some sleep. I woke in the middle of the night and read a while and then was able to go back to sleep for a couple more hours. I know I'm not feeling well partly because I'm so inert and not eating right. We woke to more rain. Big storm just off shore that is coming ashore. It has changed direction from NE to the N so most of it may slide up the coast and miss us. We may have showers all day long. All the moisture in the atmosphere is courtesy of Cristobal. Right now, the sky is black, it is sprinkling and there is thunder.

I also hate what is going on in our country. I just hope and pray that the unrest will lead to justice and equality. Of course I know sweeping changes take time but, like so many others who have commented, I think this feels different. I hope it will lead to the removal of cops who are violent. That video of the man my age who was pushed and has a head injury was horrific. He is in the hospital in serious condition. The two cops who were involved are on leave. There were lots of others who should have stopped to render help. I don't like the sight of lines of cops pushing forward into peaceful protesters--a scary sight. TV has shown cops putting down batons and kneeling with protesters to pray.

Sun, I have never watched that Rick Steves segment but I have read about fascism in Europe and it should give everyone pause to see what is happening on our streets. It is against the law to use the military on civilians here except for when the Insurrection Act is invoked in the most dire of circumstances. It is to be used only when there is nothing left to do to control attacks on our country by civilians. Despite the looting and rioting, this falls far short of that. I'm glad the military has returned to their bases and, hopefully, things have calmed down. I'm still deciding whether to call DD to see if they can visit another time. The virus is on the uptick here and I doubt I'll be recovered this month. Has the drought been wiped out there? It has here.

Granni, yes, goats are adorable when they are babies. Lambs too but I still get a kick out of the misprint in our paper's headline calling it a Peaceful Goat instead of Peaceful Goal. So I have made a Peaceful Goat the mascot of peace in my mind. I need to go shop too but just aren't up to it and don't know what to buy. No appetite. I get hungry but nothing looks good to me. Seems as though the tropical storm will hit in LA. I'm glad it's not going to TX near you or near my kids in Galveston this weekend. Yes, the lower unemployment rate is good news. I just hope it holds as the PPE loans are over in July. It's so sad that some businesses won't be back. AMC theaters may not be back. Our theaters are Regal and I hope they stay in business. I don't go to the movies often but my pals and I go to one now and then.

Rock, usually you can go to PBS.com to watch some of their shows. They have been showing this one on fascism a lot lately. I don't know whether Brown Trout is the photographer or the producer of the calendar. Years ago, my kids left their little dog, think Toto, at a farm while they traveled. He joined up with a goat on the farm and they terrorized the other animals. Kids were told their dog couldn't come back. One horse was traumatized. After the kids brought their dog home, he would butt the fence with his head. Guess you could say it was fascism on the farm. Glad Miss Kitty has such a nice home with you and Gordon. It is important to praise cats. SV eats it up.

Spring, we will be in for months of rain. It's our rainy season and streets in our area are flooding, especially over in the Cape across the river. A man from the county is coming out next week to meet with a resident and our manager about the flooding behind Claudia's bldg. We will likely have to have our swale dredged. It's expensive. I live in a more newly developed area and drainage is pretty good. The main road that runs by our hood is a hurricane evacuation route so the drainage has to be good to keep the road from flooding. I think it was you who posted a big cop giving comfort and a hug to a protester who was scared and upset. I'll check. In any case, it is a beautiful, positive and caring example of kindness between the cops and protesters. FB has banned some of the thugs who were posting to try to get people to hijack the protests and turn them into riots. That's good news. I think our desire for peace and justice will outweigh groups like that.

I'm off to read the paper. Nothing much else to do on a day like this. SV is out snoozing on the lanai. It is so humid out that there are streaks on the slider glass of moisture. The A/C keeps coming on and causes condensation. I don't like it; it looks eerie. May you all have a lovely peaceful day.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Mikie, I've been trying to remember the name of our member in Iowa. But then I just asked Gordon.
He said, "Julie, wasn't it?" And of course it was. Did she say anything about taking a break from
the board? If not, I'm going to write to her. See what all those kids have been doing.

Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

I think she said something but, like you, I often can't remember things. Granni mentioned not long ago that Julie had posted on FB about the things their family is doing. Sounded as though everyone was doing well. Her birthday is the 23rd. I hope she at least pops in to see good wishes.

Love, Mikie

Holy cow! Just woke from a 1 1/2 hr. nap since I posted this. I just can't get enough sleep and feel all foggy headed.

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Rock: Julie left because of political disagreements. Well, that’s what is happening all over the country. We’ve really been split during the last 3 years and of course even more so lately. My SIL and his family are big Trump supporters......I’m NOT. This is happening with families all over the country. I do hope people are having their eyes opened on many things.

Mikie: I think it would be a smart idea to discourage your family from coming to Florida at this time. The younger generation forget that they ALSO can get this covid. My DD and SILs family are going willy nily about their lives as though they’re all safe. They’re leaving on thursday for 10 days, driving up to Zion National Park with another family. Then they’re flying in July for 10 days to minnesota for an uncles BD. That means for me that I wont be able to see my DGD for at least 2 weeks after she gets back. Ask me if I’m happy????

My SIL yesterday asked me if I was ready to “get in line” and doggy sit their big one year old weimaraner......I replied....never which apparently shocked him. I told him she is tooooo big, and steps all over my feet with her 80 lb. frame and could easily knock me over. He said he’s fine with her, I told him BUT youre in your 50s and I’m an old lady!!!! Honestly, I was a bit put out. She knocked over my DD a few months ago and she thought she had broken her elbow...thankfully just bruised. His mom and dad (same age as me) are taking the dog next week for the 10 days. I refuse to “get in line”. I doggy sat their old dog, Savannah for years. She was 13 when they had to put her down last month. I bonded with her as a puppy, but I’m NOT bonded with this one, Skylar. now my SIL is talking about getting ANOTHER dog, similar type, I think its called a vishleu or something like that. *^%$#@

Its damp this morning again, good for the cucumbers that I transplanted a few days ago. I’m planning on working on my etsy today, still cleaning out closets.

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

Without bashing any politician in particular, I think it is impossible for me to ignore what is happening in our country. Like with everything else, seems our country is so divided and views these protests from different perspectives. I think if we are respectful, we can discuss how they are affecting our lives. It is sad when people can't discuss things without rancor. I know others may have differences of opinion from my own and I try to respect them even though I don't understand how they can take a particular stand on something. That was awful what happened with your friend who couldn't put the friendship ahead of political differences. I don't think we can turn away from the Corona Virus, unemployment and the protests. These things are affecting our lives. Joe and I don't agree on things but we can discuss them and still remain friends.

I agree with you and will be telling my kids that this isn't a good time for them to visit. I don't think they should be taking such chances but they are willing to do things while being careful. I'm in a higher risk group and can't do that. While I feel we need to start opening up our country, it isn't a good idea for me. It may actually be a relief for them not to have to figure out how to come see me and still go to the Keys. They are a looong way from me. Good for you for telling the kids you can't care for their dog. I certainly couldn't handle a dog that big. If SIL's parents can take care of the dog, great. There's two of them.

I want to ask that we refrain from discussing any politicians themselves. I think we can talk about the issues of race and police brutality, the virus and the economy and how they are affecting us regardless of political affiliation. There are differences and no one will be able to sway others who see things differently. We've all been family here for a long time and I hope we can continue to offer support for one another. I will discuss how the issues affect me and offer support for my friends/family here who are being affected too regardless of political views. I know I am not sleeping well, I feel anxiety, I'm exhausted and my inflammatory conditions are flaring like crazy. I suspect these things are affecting everyone in one way or another.

I'm sorry the kids' travel will keep you away from your DGD. I'll be so happy when there is a vaccine. In the meantime, I think we both should be extra kind to ourselves. Take care of yourself and let's hope and pray that 'normal' comes sooner rather than later.

Love, Mikie

I just called DD and told her I'm not up to a visit this month. She is still having breathing issues and said she wasn't sure what they were going to do. DSIL had a flight to Dallas last week and they aren't requiring masks at Love Field. I don't get it. All the experts are saying distancing and masks are what will greatly protect us and we aren't doing it. Guess we are going to get herd immunity the hard way. It's infuriating. DGS's school will require masks but it will be next to impossible to enforce. DD said all the kids are socializing without them anyway. He will only be going to school two days a week and will be tele-learning the rest of the time. A 66 year old woman who lived in the migrant camp SE of us inland had no temp on a Tues. but got sick working in the fields and by Thurs. she had died. She was formerly very healthy and could outpick the younger workers according the paper. FL just had the highest rate of infection this last week. It's all just so sad and depressing. DD sounded very depressed. She needs prayers to find out what is causing her breathing problems. Thanks.

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I’m sorry for your DD. I know how hard it is to breathe....never thought I would be living with COPD and its slowly getting worse for me. I NEVER smoked, that was the first question I was asked. But I used to work with pastels (chalk), did furniture stripping not wearing a mask, and about 15 years ago there was a huge fire that went from San Bernardino to Pasadena along the foothills near me. At least 50 miles. Ash everywhere. I wore a cheap mask for a couple of days, but who knows what all was floating around in the air that I breathed. I also had double pneumonia and the doctor thinks I might have had it more than that plus alot of bronchietis.

Has your DD had all the breathing tests yet? From my own experience she needs to get it done. I had quite a few but I think I told you was the worse in that “chamber”. My cousins DH died from COPD. He had such a trouble breathing and refused to go out, got housebound basically in his BR. He DREADED the times he would have to do the chamber.

So sad for the 66 year old woman but how quickly she left this earth, that was a blessing for her. That’s the way I want to go....quickly.

I don’t get it either about masks. Airports and people close to each other are breeding grounds for disaster.

I had to run out this morning to the PO, people walking around without masks, and eating outdoors under a canopy without anything. I’m going to continue with my mask though for the most part I only use the gloves when I go grocery shopping. I also got 3 big bottles of hand sanitizer 70% a few days ago at Big Lots. Only $3 each.

Barry: I checked the butterfly bush netting. The count is now 4 cocoons hanging in there and 4 MORE small caterpillars....now where did they come from? The branches I cut from the park the other day still have leaves so wont have to worry for a couple more days. This time I put the branches in a little bottle of water to keep them fresh.

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Popping in for a few minutes.

MIKIE - If you are still feeling awful or not good it is best for you to tell the kids not to come now although you would really love them to do so. I missed the part that they asked if they could come.
Yes, you are right about trying to change peoples minds on politics but I do wish others would watch some of the other channels to try and get a better prospective on what is happening. I've have been attached verbally by some on social media and they don;t even know me, if they feel the opposite of me. So much is going on and so much violence. It can be terrifying. I just wish that so many wouldn't blame TRUMP for EVERYTHING and that is mostly due to certain channels who have been bashing him constantly for 3 years and almost 4 years even before he became President. I know his demeanor is not always the best and he can be brash but he does get good things done. The economy was doing very well until the virus and shutdown. It is starting to come back now which is a good thing. Then came the Police brutality thing. It was a terrible what happened to George Floyd but he was a felon, no one wants to mention that fact with a long rap sheet. Now they have made him a martyr of sorts. Yes it was a terrible thing to do and the officer that did so was and should have been fired and will most likely pay for his crime dearly as he should after being tried for his crime. However now the country is a a big mess and likely to get worse with all the fanning of the flames going on, causings a lot of splitting in how the people feel about the situations.. I am really afraid this country is on its way to socialism, with possible other mob violence from other groups, some possibly underground and not so underground. There is talk about getting rid of police departments and then we will really be in a mess. That is how I feel and many feel the same and we are scared too. I am off my soapbox now if you will forgive me. I could really say more but I will not and then I would probably be off the board most likely !! This stuff certainly is not conducive to feeling well.

I'm worn out from writing this. Going on FB sometimes is not good for my health or anyone elses either ! I did join to see my kids and gkids when they were far away and see my (NY family only my SIL and the 3 kids) but they really don't are about me so I rarely hear from them, distance does not help either and health not to great too.

SUN - Sorry your kids traveling etc will keep you from your precious DGD Hope you can see her sooner rather than later. I rarely see mine except the ones living close by and I haven't seen much of them. We went for a short walk this morning and came back and we saw DD and DSIL. She was on her way to a fairly new Dollar Tree so she asked if I wanted to go and I said yes. So went home and got my purse, mask, etc. and we went first to pick a script for her from the drive in and then the the Dollar Tree. Everything we saw was $1. You could save some serious money in there. Spent about $10 each of us and we got quite a few things. We also have a Dollar Store but it is old and stuff more expensive and crammed all together and it is not that clean. I used to love it years ago when we first moved here.

ROCK - I believe Juile said their 45th anniversary was coming up, maybe this weekend and they are getting ready for Tennessee gkids and then she goes back there and then she will take the twins back with them for awhile too. She is one busy gal.

HUGS to SW, BARRY, WILLOW, STAR and any other Porchies I cannot think of!

Love,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Been gray and rainy all day. That certainly doesn't help one's spirit. I'm watching a show about Costa Rica. It is beautiful there. Looks as though it's not as poor as Puerto Rico. Beautiful rain forests and they are rich with all kinds of critters.

Granni, I watch multiple channels and the only one I have seen that regularly supports Trump is Fox. Fox was developed by Karl Rove as an arm of the Republican Party. It leans right; MSNBC leans left. PBS is neutral and has people from all sides. I keep these leanings in mind when I watch the news. A lot of what is on cable news isn't news so much as political commentary. I respect anyone's opinion that Trump is doing a good job but I don't feel that way. That you do has no bearing on how I feel about you. I love you. It's awful that you have not been respected on FB. You won't be attacked here. Think I mentioned that my DSIL unfriended my other DD on FB because she disagreed with him. So silly. DD mentioned to me that they were coming down to SCUBA dive in the Keys and said she would see if they can find a way to come here too. My kids are always welcome except for when I'm too sick. Now, I have to also worry about having them give me the virus after flying. I really wish my kids would stay home. I hope other DD and DSIL have a safe weekend in Galveston.

George Floyd isn't a martyr; he's a victim. He didn't deserve what happened to him and his case is just the tip of the iceberg. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. I feel for the good cops who are honest and want to help. What many fear isn't socialism but rather a fascist state with leaders who use force to stay in power. The checks and balances our founders put in place can be thwarted by someone who wants to be a dictator. I don't know anyone who wants a socialist state but some of our most successful programs are progressive--unemployment insurance, Social Security, our national highway system, and Medicare. The highway system and the Environmental Protection Agency were put in place by Republicans. Many might be surprised to find it was Nixon who signed off on the EPA. I like a strong two-party system that works together to produce programs that benefit our society and country. We are so divided that I pray we can come back together to get things done and not go off to one extreme or the other. I hope we can now go forward to continue this great Porch Family and agree to disagree while supporting one another because this stuff is scary. We need one another.

Sun, DD has been sent to a cardiologist and they can't find anything wrong so want to do some more tests. There is the possibility of congestive heart failure. Strangely, the doc hasn't sent her to a pulmonologist. I told her I think she should see one. Right now, she's just downhearted and sick of these docs. Have you ever worked out on a rowing machine? I had asthma when I lived in CO and using the rowing machine helped me more than anything. It opens up the chest and back to facilitate breathing. DD hates rowing so doubt she will do it. She isn't going to the gym because of the mask requirement. She says the mask interferes with her breathing.

I did smoke but haven't for 35 years. Still, having ever smoked does carry increased risk. My Dad (who is my biological uncle) died of a heart attack from emphysema. He smoked til the day he died and he was a doctor. Go figure. I still have some breathing issues from that flu-like virus I had. Yes, I don't know how much that poor woman suffered but it was a relatively quick passing. My Mom had her heart attack in the evening and by early the next morning, she was gone. Doc broke up the clot that caused the attack but by then, her body had gone into organ failure. I want to go fast and not linger; I don't think anyone does. Instant death in an accident would suit me just fine but we don't get to choose. What gets to me is not being able to really live life because of these illnesses. I just keep plugging along keeping the faith because I know there is a bigger picture that I can't see in this mortal form. Those are going to be some pampered butterflies. Good for you and good for the excellent score on the hand sanitizers.

I'm so tired and think I'll brush my teeth and go to bed. Maybe the sun will shine tomorrow and my mood will improve. I'm not myself. Hope everyone has a nice evening and that we can all get through this challenging time. Hope we can get through it together; we need one another.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: My opinion is your DD to ASK that she be given lung tests. Did you tell her to buy an oxymeter and check her lung function? Thats where she can start on her own and if she finds her reading is in the low 90s or worse in the 80s that will definitely make the doctor request tests. Did you know that everyone who is discharged from the hospital having had covid are given an oxymeter? Does she have “funny” heart feelings at times? What type of heart tests has she had? Tell her the heart has to work harder if your oxygen level is down. No, never tried a rowing machine but I do stretches for opening up the lungs, deep breathing, then forward with elbows to blow it out.

Granni: I get my news from various sources. PBS, CNN, BBC, and additional sites online to check whether something said is a lie. Toooo many lies have been told and are continuing.....one of the worst places for lies to spread is FB and Twitter. ProPublica is a good place to check whether its a lie or not and every day I get an in-depth article on a particular subject. When I vacationed with DD and SIL in the past, he had on Fox news almost continually until I thought I would scream. Its really not news, its commentators giving their opinions and they go on and on and on the same subject, driving what they want their listeners to get into their brains. That’s what some call a form of brainwashing. As for me, I want to make my own conclusions after I have checked various sources.

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

MIKIE - This will be the last of what we were talking about. NO MORE POLITICS FROM ME after this paragraph !!. Yes, I agree that Floyd was not a martyr but that is the way many are treating him and the situation. Yes, he is a victim and that is sad. I didn't want to mention lying but you did. There is plenty of that to go around and that is the last I want to say about politics. Yes, there are many sources and many also have political leanings. ENOUGH OF ALL THAT MESS ! I just need to go out and sit with DH and watch something on TV. Who knows what. Good night all.

Sun has good info for you about DD and her lung problems.

We were called to sing at least some of us in the choir tomorrow, only 5 in the group. So we will be there bright and early.

TTY A Later ! Alligators,

Love,
Granni

Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids,

There was a tornado near Orlando that did some damage yesterday. We had nonstop rain all day but it wasn't heavy. It's cloudy out today. Lots of local flooding but it's flooded roads and in some places, water is up to doors. As usual, it's over in the Cape across the river. Slept lousy last night but slept in a bit this morning. SV is being pretty good about not nagging me to get up.

Granni, I don't want to be posting here about politicians either. I don't think we can ignore the pandemic or the protests. They are both huge and affect our lives. We all have our own viewpoints and come Nov., we will all have a chance to vote. We will not use this space to attack one another like they do on FB and other social media. We also won't use this space to forward info that isn't true. There is so much false info being forwarded and posted on other sites that we are being warned to check out anything that is sent to us, even by friends who may not know the source of the info and whether it is true. Foreign governments that are not our allies are to blame for a lot of it. They do it to tear us apart as a nation and it is working, sadly. We are here to have close friends that are like family and we are here to offer support when one of us is hurting. Let's move on from this and get back to what we are here for. Glad you are back to singing.

Sun, I did mention the oxymeter to DD some time back when you mentioned it to me. I think DD is like so many of us that she is sick of the pandemic, sick of doctors and sick of schools being closed down. I could hear it in her voice. She is definitely not in a mood for suggestions but I did mention she should see a pulmonologist. I also asked that she do the cardio tests they want to do. Wish both DD's took better care of themselves. I try to take good care of myself so I don't worry them. Wish they would return the favor. Thanks for your help.

Seems a tornado damaged some homes just about 30 miles north of me. We have had them here in years past. News is showing a water spout, which is a tornado on the water, just west of me in the Gulf. That's close! Cristobal is approaching LA in the Gulf. Sposda make landfall late this afternoon. We will be glad to see the rain leave with it. We were crying for rain and now it's flooding. I guess we do need to be careful what we wish for.

Sending love, hugs and prayers for everyone to have a peaceful and safe day. The Peaceful Goat wants that too. :)

Love, Mikie

springwater

Hello

From a hot late afternoon with some sun shining..in June a little sun goes a long way! Canada or Norway would be wonderful about now.

Mikie - I wish you were feeling better. How wearying it must be. I wish all of us felt better. I dont usually feel at my best during Full Moon and New Moon..but at least I'm up and about. I remember days of yore when I felt tired no matter how much I slept. Got the 'lazy' tag too from live in helpers etc who thought I simply didn't want to wash or clean or go out. Hehe.. well, no matter..now..I know I had issues going on with my body.

The way you strive to live life to your best inspite of so much odds gives me strength. Odds in terms of health. And this pandemic and rioting.

Sorry to hear about DD s breathing issues. Everyone is sick of the pandemic like her..It's always something or the other. Must be the stars. Indians believe a lot in astrology. And of course..Nepalese do too.Theyre also Hindus.

Have they thrown in a tornado too into the mix now? If I were a politician..I would like to have a tantrum and beat my fists into the ground and say..its not fair! Hold the tornado until we are over the pandemic and riots. Do you think the politicians are booking therapy sessions in the evenings? I would want to spill my guts out if I were a governor right now. They never told me this was in my job description. It's supposed to come one at a time. Of course..there would be social distancing between doctor and patient. And masks.

Sun - I wish I could keep on top of my shrubbery. They mostly do what they want. I took care not to plant any vines on neighbours side. So they don't have cause to complain about overgrown bushes.

I'm just grateful when a bush bursts into bloom and I can admire the flowers. My neighbour has jasmine and it gives out sweet scent as we pass by.

Although the most frequent scent when I walk down the lane is that of curry! Spicy potato..zucchini..cooked with seasonings of cumin..coriander powder..ginger..garlic..bayleaf..pungent.it makes my mouth water sometimes.

I read Princess Diana couldn't stand curry smell. She shouted at her dresser if she smelt it on her. When she was in a bad mood that is. It was a book by their housekeeper.

Rock and Gordon..I hope you find what you want on kindle..I'm so glad the culture of reading is well and alive ...and all manner of books. I miss going to the local British library. It seems a world away.
They closed down some 20 years back. Has Gordon tried his hand at a new recipe? I know from Gordon he has many cookbooks.

Barry - must be hot there too. Well..at least you have lots of shade. And I imagine all the summer flowers blooming. How is Richard holding up? Is he antsy from the lockdown? I am sat down here on my sofa with feet up looking out the window at parrots squawking as they rush about against a blue sky with lots of wispy grey clouds and alighting on a big leafy tree upsetting the resident crows and mynahs.

Blotting out the world and its goings on and the awaiting chores and responsibilities for a while. I just drank me some strong Assam tea. My batteries are recharging you could say.

Granni - .I think we need to don armour and shield before venturing into the murky waters of social media because we are sure to read something that riles us up in milder cases and makes us gnash our teeth and cause our blood pressure to shoot up in worser ones.I can just imagine myself and you sitting opposite each other wearing PPE suits and plastic helmets and furiously dashing off comments via our respective devices on an ongoing issue on the present goings on. Once in a while..we can look up and shake our gloved fists at each other to make a strong point. After a couple of hours of cooling off..we can reunite for a warm hug. The irritation having dissolved into the ether where such things belong.

I know we feel very differently about certain things but I also see how hard you try not to lose your temper and I feel your loving heart underneath it all. For all of us. I appreciate the valiant efforts Mikie and all make to keep the peace on this board. It becomes tricky..at times as we all know.(the bodily aches and pains don't help..). and it's natural.. we aren't saints here..we are normal humans with normal ways of expressing our strong feelings and ideologues...but the underlying feeling is that of caring..looking out for one another..lending an ear to each other during difficult phases.

I'm glad you are going out for a performance again. Good luck.

this has become a long post. So I went comment on the political thhngs..I watched patches of news BBC Aljazeera CNN..

God bless

Last edited: