PORCH 1204 IS NOW CLOSED (6/17/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1204 IS NOW CLOSED (6/17/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

camel.jpeg

Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, what day is it?

Good Hump Day Morning, Dear Porchies,

Time for a new Porch. Please go back to read the last posts on Porch 1203.

Willow, I was also frustrated with my Mom. She had bad balance and would walk on the grass here instead of the sidewalks. We have spiky grass blades and the ground underneath is uneven. I would see her out there weaving back and forth about ready to tumble and my heart would stop in my throat. I talked and talked to her and finally, I painted a picture of a broken hip which might put her in a wheelchair. I told her lots of people in their 90's never recover from broken hips. That seemed to have done it. She agreed to go the physical therapy for balance and use the walks. I have promised my kids I won't take risks like that. Don't know why elderly people get so stubborn. They want to be independent and not have anyone tell them what to do but then they take risks that threaten their independence. I never dictated to Mom. I told her how much I loved her and how scared it made me to think she might hurt herself. I wish she were still here.

I'm laughing about Tucson decor because Southwestern decor was also a trend back in the 90's I think. Lot of faux steers' heads hanging on people's walls. Because of our location and beaches, nautical decor will likely never go out of style but a lot of people overdo it, especially if their condos are only their winter homes. I have shells and other beachy decor but it's not the main pieces; it's just a couple of touches in each room. I have two rooms with wreaths made of shells and they are really beautiful. I could change things out in a flash if I get tired of them. I have a friend with FMS who moved to AZ because the dry heat helps her pain. Dry climes are not good for my breathing. My asthma cleared up when I moved here. Some come here and get asthma. Go figure! Your garden sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you get to plant so many nice things. Can't recognize your plant. Perhaps Barry can help.

I've got nothing new to talk about. Am waiting to see about going to Publix. New cases of the virus are skyrocketing and yet, people go out without masks. A bunch of young women went to a bar and now there is a cluster outbreak among them. In other countries where people have worn masks, the infection rates are dropping but not here. In some states, like ours, new infections are spiking. Experts are warning people but it's falling on deaf ears. I think about WWII when the whole country united to defeat a common enemy. They made sacrifices and were tough. I don't recognize us now. We can't even agree to wear masks and keep short distances so that we can all be safer. It saddens me.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

rockgor

Good Morning, Mikie. It's 5:30 AM here in LA. Skimmed the TV. Same old stuff. People who sell things desperately trying
to stay in business. That and endless re runs. Do you tell SV when it's hump day? Henry has gone to work, and the
house is extremely silent. My index finger hurts, but the one next to it stopped hurting so that's a step forward as long as
I don't step on it. Am reading a Kindle book, but the story is pretty limp.

I feel like a bored passenger from a cruise who wound up stuck on a desert island. Then he was really bored.
Gordon spends lots of time every day washing and cleaning the walls by the stairs, the light switches, the door knobs, etc.
I do what I can to help, but I can't do much. Certainly not to his high standards. I started a letter to a friend about a week
ago. Got halfway through, set is aside, haven't seen it since.

Guess maybe I'll go look for something else. That' sometimes produces the missing item.

Have a good day, Kids. Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

I hear ya about losing things. I dressed for the pool yesterday and couldn't find my black coverup. I have a white one and wore that. The black one will show up. Doh! I think we are all getting bored and disheartened. Has Gordon always been a five star cleaner? Experts say the chance of infection from surfaces is fairly low. Of course, one wouldn't want to handle things that someone who was exposed just handled. I suppose Henry gets exposed at work. I no longer wipe down my groceries. I do wash my hands carefully when I return from the store.

Some of the reruns on are good but there is a lot of junk on TV. I wouldn't subscribe to Amazon Prime for the video; it mostly sucks. Netflix isn't much batter but they do have some better original programming. Most of the new stuff is for the 14 year old mentality. I get my Prime dues back in the low-cost and free books I get. Of course, I could get them from the library but good books are often on hold and I sometimes need more than two weeks to read, especially nonfiction.

The first two fingers on my left hand are deformed and hurt but the pinkie has stopped. I also have arthritis in both wrists and they often hurt. I think even 'normals' have aches 'n pains as they age but we have other health burdens we have to deal with.

SV doesn't care what day it is as long as his lengthy list of needs is taken care of. He's bugging me now to pick him up and give him some love. Gotta go serve the cat.

Love, Mikie

• Love
Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

Willow: I’m going to add my 15 cents worth also on my mom. She refused to even use a cane, said she didn’t want to look like the “rest” of the old people at the mobil home park. So then when she fell in the bathroom the first time, she crawled to her BR and lay on the floor, pulling a quilt off the bed, like in a nest, until she was found on monday. I can’t tell you the guilt I felt over it. So then after the hospital, then in rehab she HAD to learn to use a walker AND do PT. Medicare paid for a really nice “cadillac” model of a walker, one where she could sit if she had to. I have it in my garage for when I might need it.

As for me, I’m using a cane to get around because of this painful ankle/leg I’m dealing with. I’m not stubborn as she was and it does help me with walking. I’m doing lots of stretches and even tried rubbing in some CBD oil. Mornings are incredibly painful. I am seeing a slight improvement and I really don’t want to see a doctor because of the covid.

As to the plant, I tried doing a search from the description, but couldn’t come up with anything. Is it growing in the shade? I’m curious, are you going to Big Bear city on your little jaunt?

I’ll be back

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

I'm glad your leg is doing a bit better and hope it continues to heal. The CBD is great. I have looked everywhere for any info on the MS treatment and am coming up empty handed. Makes me question whether it's true. I've done searches on all kinds of websites including the main org. for MS. I'll keep trying to find info.

Maybe we all learned from our parents' stubbornness and won't make the same mistakes. I hope so. None of us needs more problems. I also don't want to see my docs unless necessary right now. My appt. for my six-month followup is at the end of July with my PCP. I need to keep that one but am putting off my Dexascan and skin cancer checkup. Still haven't decided whether to keep up with the mammograms. Kinda think I'll stop them. Will decide on the colonoscopy when it's due. I'll be 80 years old then. I think the risk of perforated colon walls increases with age.

Anyway, hope the leg is better. Prayers going up.

Love, Mikie

springwater

88011C1B-CB87-4156-ADBA-2942632F474C.jpeg

Willow - i just came up with this...fittonia plant, nerve plant and mosaic plants are also similar.

My cousin showed me a plant identifier app called Picture This. But there are a couple others. Its a free app.

i tried a search for a small leaf ground plant with tiny red spots but the net just brings up diseased plant pictures.

Mikie - aint that cutey camel..envious of its long eyelashes.

Mikie

Hi, Spring,

Geico Insurance runs silly ads here and one is someone asking Mike the Camel what day it is. Hump Day! Like I said, silly. I still haven't looked for that app that identifies plants. I need it because I often forget the names of our plants here. I like the one you posted. Very pretty.

Just ordered my free stuff I get from my insurance plan. It's ordered online through Wal*Mart. I got a back brace, some Pepto Bismol, Aspercreme and some of those soft little rubber brushes for removing food between teeth. We can order quarterly and get up to $60 worth of products at W*M's retail price. They have been out of the back braces so I'm glad to be able to order one. The deadline for this quarter is the end of the month. It's easy to forget about this benefit. Claudia and I remind one another.

Joe called earlier and he's been going fishing some days in the morning. That's why he was gone yesterday. I'm glad he is getting out. That's what I need to do but I get very tired when I have to walk anywhere. I'm going to go to Publix right after noon when the people shopping for lunch are gone back to work. Hope you are able to find food to buy and that the cases of the virus are more under control. FL is having day after day of highest rates of infection. Yikes!

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Joe has been fishing? I hope he tosses them back into the water. Honestly with all your red tide junk don’t think it would be good to eat any. First time I ever heard of “catch and release” was from an old boss I had who was into fly fishing big time. He would even take expensive trips to fly fish. I asked if he ate them....he looked at me with a horrified expression!

Rock: do some hand exercises every morning to help with pain. Spread your fingers then rapidly keep moving them, like you’re trying to grab something. Exercise is the BEST thing for arthritis pain. Things stiffen up as we sit or sleep. This morning I dug out my stretch band to use doing foot stretches. I saw some PT guys, Bob and Brad on Youtube, demonstrating how to use it to stretch the tendons. So after doing the stretches for about 15 min. on my feet/leg what a difference! I love these guys, watched them off and on for a couple of years every time something rears up it’s painful head.

Gordon: I’m sure you’re loving this overcast weather we’re having. Nice time to be doing some gardening.

My friend was telling me yesterday she has to get a covid test this friday since the following week she must have a colonoscopy. And I watched an interview on PBS last evening with a virus doctor. He’s been extremely careful, doing what he must, and still he came down with covid as did his family. Go figure. He has no idea where he got it. Yes, I read that Florida is exploding with more covid. If people would just wear masks. STUPID YOUNG PEOPLE. They’re the ones that are spreading it.

I got an email from Star. She said things are slowly getting back to “normal”. Her youngest son is back to school now, but didn’t say about any precautions the school is taking.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry, women's plans too. Good thing I didn't try to go to Publix. Suddenly out of the blue, the Herxing started from the AV. Holy cow! It was swift and harsh. I feel as though I've been hit by a semi truck. I'm just glad to be getting the dead virus out of my system. I'll take the AV's for another week or so and then stop them and the cycle starts anew.

Sun, most of the people I know down here who fish do the catch 'n release. My DGS does the same thing. I'm from CO where we caught trout to eat. They are delicious. You are right--there are often warnings not to eat anything caught in the Gulf or local waters due to some kind of contaminant. Think I've mentioned the decal on my car that reads, Fillet and Release. There are so many fish down here that one can't keep or one has to return due to size that it takes the fun out of it for me. There is nothing like fly fishing in a cold CO mountain stream. A lot of the ones spreading the virus here are the young ones going to restaurants and bars. They aren't wearing masks and are standing crammed in together. There are older people too who just don't get it or don't care. It's infuriating. Glad things are getting back to normal for Star.

Rock, Sun is right. Keeping the fingers moving is essential to keeping them flexible. I sometimes put Aspercreme on mine and warm my hands. Then I rub them and do some exercises. One thing that feels really good is to curl the fingers under and use my other hand to squeeze them to tighten the curl. Cold is the worst thing for them. Good thing you're in CA and not MN but I'm sure, like me, you miss the old stomping grounds now and then.

Speaking of cold, I got the shivers and threw on my fuzzy robe to warm up. I need to go to Amazon and order a few things I can't find at the store. I'm not going to take any chances by going out to shop with the virus running rampant down here. The TV news interviewed one of the young women who went to the bar and came down with the virus. There is nothing going on in that girl's head. Duh!! The real tragedy is when one of them gives the virus to grandma and she dies. I haven't talked to DD since I asked them not to come down. That they were even considering coming to FL to SCUBA dive shows me that they don't get it and they aren't young kids. Heaven help us all!

Hope all y'all are having as good a day as possible. After Amazon, think I'll take a nap. Herxing leaves me totally exhausted.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

sun, yes, the weather is just right but for how long. summer starts soon, ugh. rock and i are trimming the flower stalks off the succulents. we have four patches so there's mucho to cut. i grow these just for the bees as i like to keep them well fed. i had to get rid of one large patch of the succulent as the limbs all had soft scales on them. never heard of succulents getting scales but there you go. i've transplanted a swedish ivy into the open space. it has two color leaves and it trails on the ground. we also have patches of trailing rosemary which has grown and over-lapping each other. all this is to keep the soil from washing away when it rains down the slope.

we're going to wait before getting any books from the county library. i'm sure there's a mad rush in getting books once again. i hope the books will be safe and virus free to check out. i got a notice from the l.a. city library. they wanted to know if we still wanted the books we placed on hold. had to confirm but mis-typed our contact number. couldn't correct the info. oh, well. we have to pick them up at another location but it's close by. only problem is this one only has one entrance/exit. no time limit was given as to when we can pick them up or when they'll be open to the public again.

got a small head of napa cabbage and pot sticker wrappers the other day and will make some pot stickers to eat and freeze.

rock is reading a new thriller/mystery from author he's not familiar with that i found. so far, so good. he's getting good at using the kindle.

all for now,

gordon

bct

Hi E-won.
Exhaustion rules. Went 65 miles to get an ultrasound of my carotids. I'll get the results later. Everyone everywhere was wearing a mask. You can't go into stores that are open without a mask or you will be denied. The ride back home, an hour and half wiped me out....Got home and pretty much collapsed. Today is recovery day.

Willow, I think if you google Arum maculatum, and then go to images and scroll through them you might find what you are looking for. Not all of them have spotted leaves... I have this plant. The foliage comes up early, never flowers for me, and is quite toxic. Maybe that's why the gophers haven't eaten it....

Mikie, sorry for your flare. #ME2. I can't understand why people go fishing and then don't eat them??? Maybe it's a form of meditation. I'd rather sit still and watch the birds and butterflies. But maybe that's what Joe does while fishing...

Sun, thanks for the update on Star. I hope she comes back and sits a while on the Porch. I miss her. And I guess Julie has left us... That makes me sad. I trust your garden is giving you pleasure. I can't keep up with mine, and if it is one plant it is another. Right now, my chocolate vine (Akebia) and spearmint and lemon balm are spreading like crazy. The lemon balm isn't too bad and is easily pulled up, but not the others!

Computer has sticky keys, it's pretty old. I'm having it replaced with a Chrome thingy.

My mind is a-swirl right now. PEM from y-day....

Granni, I hope you are doing well.
Spring, same to you, dear one.

Gordon/Rock, I just missed your post. I'm glad Rock has a new author to interest him. Who is it? Does Rock like the kindle, and do you? A real HOT spell is forecast for the near future. Aaaaak! At least it will be dry and not humid, which is even worse.

Love and Peace to All,
Barry.

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Barry: I looked up that plant....had to laugh at all the bawdy names it had been given way back when. And.....in the 1400s the nuns used the root exclusively for starch! Must have been some chuckling from the nuns, knowing one of the off color names it had been given, referring to a priest.

Sorry you had that ordeal getting the test done yesterday. I totally understand. I hope and PRAY I’m done with all tests and seeing doctors.

By the way, the first monarch emerged today. I thought it would since yesterday I noticed the cocoon had darkened, then this morning a bit of black was emerging on top. Had to run errands and when I got back saw it was completely out, wings drying. Tomorrow another one will come out, so hope to catch it in it’s entirety.

Gordon: love JUNE GLOOM! For all who don’t know this is typical weather for california. I transplanted 3 large trailing cucumber plants into the ground yesterday. They were putting out flowers and getting large but no cukes so I figured they needed to be in the ground. You just can’t really grow vegetables in pots.

I called the library this morning to tell them I was coming to pickup some ordered DVDs. Luckily it was #1 in the series. Then I hit the Dollar Store, got some gas, and noticed my front tires looked low, so I headed to the tire store. I’m not due yet for rotation but the guy said they were REALLY low, so he put air in all 4 tires. If my life depended on it, I wouldn’t know how to do it.

I’m feeling much improved today. Something hit me....so I was living on pepto bismol and peppermint tea yesterday.

Granniluvsu

Good afternoon awl,

Did some work outside early wheie DH went to the store. Then put stuff away and did a wash., had ,lunch and piddled around. Need to go take the wash out now actually but will attempt to write a little today before I do that..

Barry - Hope your ultrasound comes out OK. That sure was a long ride but some times you have no choice. Rest today and hopefully you will feel a little better. Not sure about JULIE as she is either gone to Tenn. or back from Tenn. with grandkids and bringing some back home. Don't know how she can drive so much. I do not like driving much for many reasons and I do what I need to do but thats all. I'm worn out just thinking about it.

Hope STAR can come visit us soon. Sounds to me like she is pretty busy right now.

MIKIE - Sorry you are feeling worse again. Hope the flare doesn;t last to long. That stinks !! I agree with you and SUN about elderly parents like I am getting to be now, who don't always listen and do as they should because my mom was a busy lady at upper 80's and 90's and she broke her hip 2x. The 1st time she broke it , it took her a long time to come back. The second time she was 92-93 and she just gave up after that. She was smart a a tack and was a very hard worker as that is all she ever knew, since childhood, no parents at a young age, being shifted around and finally came here when she was 10 with her 9 year old sister.. She was always climbing on chairs, etc. to clean blinds or something or another, maybe not so much in the late 80's but she was by herself at that time. She fell each time and maybe not taking her time.

SUN - Hope all is well with you and you are feeling half way decent so you can at least paint and do the things you enjoy!

ROCK/GORDON - Glad Rock found a good he likes on the kindle. I am sure after all these years of reading real books it takes a while to get used to it unless you are a real techie, not that it is real difficult, but it is very different !!!

STAR - Hope you come back to visit us soon if you can. I know you are probably really busy and hope things are going well for you and all.

Hugz to SW, JULIE, everydobby else I didn't mention., inc all the MIAs. Need to go run and think about dinner.

Love to awl,
Granni :)

Willow77

Hi Sun- We will probably be going to Big Bear but still unsure how much will be open. DH just wants to go somewhere. We will probably take our own food if we go. It will all depend on if I can get over 6 hours of sleep tonight. Maybe we can stop by Desseret Industries on the way. The ones in Utah are the best thrift shops I have ever seen, here they are meh, but better than what is here in town. It depends on how crowded the parking lot is and if while in the lot we see too many people not wearing masks. I won't go in a crowded store and avoid places where too many people don't wear masks.

Barry- That looks like the plant. It had only one stalk and another real short one when DH dug it up to fix the sprinkler. It was in an area that gets about 4-6 hours of sun a day and total shade the rest of the time. I was hoping you would recognize it. I didn't have any luck with google or bing. I think it is pretty and will keep it in a pot on the patio or plant it under the apricot tree. We don't have any pets or Grand kids to worry about eating it.

Spring- I will have to look up that app. I'm afraid I don't know many of the plants here in CA even though I have lived here most of my life. I grew up in Michigan as a kid and I mostly know the trees and plants there. I miss the maple trees they were so pretty in the fall.

Mikie- I loved the picture of the camel. There are 2 camels a mile from here they are often by the fence. Cars will stop and sometimes feed them carrots. They are molting so are not very photogenic right now. The field they live in has a manger scene in the winter. There are also burros, 2 zebras and some steers with huge horns that share that field while the one next to it has sheep and a few goats.

Moms old Dr. talked to her about how serious a fall could be but she still forgets and totters off without her walker. At 95 her HMO may not want to offer her physical therapy, also with the virus they may not want her to go. I will bring it up next time I take her. I need to take her to a lab next week to get her blood tests done. Her new Dr. wants all new labs.

Well I must go and wind down for bed.

Love, Willow

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids,

The Whatever Virus is waging war on me even as the AV is killing it off like crazy. So, I've got Herxing going on and the effects of the virus as well. I have a big sore spot on top of my head on one side and a splitting headache on the other. Good grief! I've been taking Aleve and shooting NasaCort up my nose for the stuffed up sinuses. What a pain--literally! It's not unusual when taking an ABX or AV for the pathogen to fight for its life.

Barry, so glad everyone was wearing masks when you went for your ultrasound. I hope the results come back good. As someone posted on another site, businesses should have signs that read, no shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service. I think when Joe goes fishing, he just enjoys the morning breezes coming off of the water and how peaceful it is. There are always a few other people and he enjoys talking with them. I'm glad you are getting a Chrome thingy; I love mine. The zero key works but doesn't feel the same and some of the letters are worn off of the letter keys. I type by touch so it doesn't really bother me. Feel better.

Sun, I'm glad you feel better today. I just ordered Pepto Bismol with my other free stuff through my ins. co. That's exciting about the butterflies' emerging. I have a little compressor with a built-in tire guage so I can add air to my tires if need be. Driving on low tires messes up gas mileage. Also not good for the tires. I drive so little right now. Glad you got the DVD's. My player has stopped working. That lousy piece of crap HP computer I bought has a blu-ray DVD player in it. I really need to get it fixed. Now would probably be a good time to do it. Take care.

Gordon, glad you got a book for Rock's Kindle that he likes. You should be able to go online or call the library about hours. Everything is so messed up right now that none of us here goes anywhere without checking. Our local library is only allowing curbside pickup. Hope you don't work too hard out cutting the succulents.

Granni, I am extra careful about falling because of the osteopenia in my hip and still I fall. At least with the watch, I won't lie here for days unable to get help. We single people down here watch out for one another; we have to. I have a good step stool to use but it's my own body and sense of balance I can't always count on. Hope you don't have too much to do out in the heat. Our mornings are beautiful but it gets hot fast later on.

Willow, how wonderful to have all those critters so close by. People out on the way to one DD have llamas. I love their faces which are a lot like the camel's. Medicare pays for PT for balance for those whose falls might endanger them. If Medicare pays, supplements and advantage plans have to cover it. The doc just has to order it. It really helped my Mom but when the sessions were done, she stopped doing the exercises. I have a BOSU ball and should get it out and use it. Hope you enjoy your visit to Big Bear. My only visit is to Big Bed. :)

I have learned to make only tentative plans unless it's for some kind of appointment. So much easier to play it by ear. I have enough food if I'm not feeling up to going to Publix later. Don't want to go on the weekend so need to go today or tomorrow. The weeks are flying by. One blends into the next in my ongoing Groundhog Day life now.

Hope all y'all feel well and stay safe. Also hope everyone has some beauty and peace today.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Hi Kids, Just finished helping Gordon with the garden. He was in a couple minutes ago. Said he was
going back to the garden. I said I'd help, but he said, "Nah, go nap." So I did that briefly. I am here
to make an obvious prediction. "The new book about Trump will be a best seller." I think the author is
John Bolton. Gonna go lie down again.

Cheers, Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

I imagine you are right. I will not be buying it because, as Sun pointed out about his niece who has a new book out about him, the high, and low, points will be made public, saving me a lot of time and money. That was sweet of Gordon to tell you to take a nap instead of toiling out in the garden. I had to run down to the car and noticed the ferns are again taking over the stairwell garden. I need to go out there and pull some of them out. Ugh!

I didn't go to the store. The Herxing isn't over and the last thing one wants to do is go to the store worrying about getting to the john. I had a Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuit for lunch and it was tasty. The free stuff from my ins. co. was delivered but I'm letting it sit to let any virus die off. I'm expecting my delivery from Amazon later this afternoon. I bought a bath mat for Claudia's birthday or Christmas. There is a cat printed on it that looks just like her Finn. The kitty is holding his toothbrush and toothpaste and his bath towel is thrown over his shoulder. Soooo cute! She will love it. I am getting new filters for Roomba. They have to be changed to protect the motor. Also got a big bag of pistachios and dried apricots. Mmmm!

Hope your nap is restful. It is thundering out and a nap sounds mighty good.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie: interesting article. thanks. I hope down the road it can help a lot of people, but probably right now it’s just experimental and probably will be expensive.

Have to share this dream I had about Clair last night. As you know she’s an ornery cat at times, hated me for years when my DH was alive, then had to accept me since I was the only one around. So last night’s dream was really funny....she must have done something and she was backed into a corner when she looked at me and in english.....said “ I’m sorry”. I was dumbfounded and wanted to tell everyone she had TALKED. Then I was at some neighbor’s house, lots of people and I was trying to tell them about Clair talking. Then I had picked her up, after everyone was saying how amazing and sweet she was, and she grabbed my arm with her teeth and continued to bite. And when I sit at the kitchen table to watch my Ipad in the evening, I throw down a towel for her to lay on next to me. She almost habitually grabs the towel in her mouth, biting hard, trying to tear it....really attacking the towel. Go figure what lies in HER brain.

Sorry you’re still feeling the effects of the herxing. At least you understand why it’s happening.

Willow: hope you enjoy Big Bear though keep in mind that it’s not nearly as nice as it would be without the covid. A few years ago in the middle of the bad drought I was up there for a couple of nights. I was shocked at how bad all the trees looked....dying from lack of water.

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

The other article compared this new treatment to that of exposing children with peanut allergies slowly to peanuts to cause the immune system to stop over attacking. This article was a bit better. You are right; it will likely take along time before the treatment is available for what ails people with autoimmune illnesses. That's such a funny dream about Clair. It's also funny that she bites the towel. When SV first came to live with me, he would bite me but he seldom does that anymore and when he does, it's not really biting. He just puts his teeth on my skin. Joe's cat was his wife's and she really never took to him. He took good care of it because he loved his wife so much.

Thanks for your kind good wishes. I am glad I know about Herxing or otherwise, I'd be wondering why I get this strange reaction off and on. The good news is that it signals a big dieoff of the pathogen. I'm so tired that I had to lie down and did fall asleep for a while.

How is your leg? Better I hope.

Love, Mikie

My Amazon order arrived. OMG! The dried apricots are to die for. Just had a snack of those and pistachios. I've never had such fresh dried fruit. The brand is Anna and Sarah. Gonna go check to see what other dried fruit they sell. These things are sooo much cheaper than at the store.

Last edited: