PORCH 1210 IS NOW CLOSED (7/20/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1210 IS NOW CLOSED (7/20/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

angels-save-danger.jpg

Hi, Kids,

It's waaay past time for a new Porch. Please go back to read the last posts on Porch 1209. I'm responding to them here. Thought in this time of sickness and unrest, we could use an angel. They are beings of light and this pic represents that.

Rock, 'Sour icing on a rancid cake' is something you once posted in disgust about something or other. It cracked me up and I use it myself now and then. It so perfectly describes disgusting situations. Spaghetti squash is so hard it's nearly impossible to cut. Most winter squash is but some are worse than others. These acorn squash have been sitting around and getting riper and weren't difficult to cut. Yes, I was thrilled that DD loves the new fryer lid. It's far easier to figure out than the pot. The directions for the pot aren't easy to understand. I don't understand why Henry hangs out in his room when there are the two of you who are sooo funny. He could be having a good time with you and Gordon. Glad that Gordon is enjoying the pie.

Spring, I think they took video of the policeman Rock mentioned and put it to music. People would gather to watch him just like a street performer.

I slept nearly eight hours last night. I told DD about my new way to get back to sleep. She said she thinks it must set up a pattern in the brain that brings on the waves that lead to sleep. She also mentioned that it might be like counting sheep. We talked about my ADD and sensory overload. It's so nice to have someone in the family who understands it. She deals with it in her practice all the time.

The sun is just starting to shine on the slash pines outside. It will shine through them onto the lanai in a few minutes. The dappled sunlight is so beautiful out there. Hope everyone has a great start to the week.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

lydia1

Good morning, friends! I woke up before 6:00 am, but dozed for another half hour. Oreo is outside, looking for cats to chase...life is good, lol!

Den and I stayed home yesterday...he is having problems with his allergies and just didn't feel like getting out. And I think he was pretty worn out from skating...

The Amish neighbors didn't call until after 3:00 pm...she had just had the baby a little after 2:00 pm, so were going to stay at the midwife's until evening...the midwife has a couple of air conditioned rooms for the moms to stay in. I ended up getting them around 7:00...(hospitals like to keep moms for a couple nights, but most Amish moms have family to come in and help, so I guess they're just as well off to go on home?) I thought the baby's name was really pretty...JoLeah. She has two older brothers...ages 2 and 4.

So, I guess that was my excitement for yesterday...oh, and our A/C quit working. But, my hubby, who can fix just about anything, had a spare part (capacitor) to install while we wait on a new capacitor....so we were only out of commission for a few hours.

Mama kitty has been showing up at least once every day, so I feed her meat and eggs, along with kibble. I don't know if they have her and the kittens locked up somewhere and just let her out once in awhile or what. At any rate, we haven't seen the kittens...I am hoping they got some food for them, at least.

Granni, I'm thinking of hubby and praying his surgery goes well...did you say it's Thursday?

Mikie, glad DD likes her gift. Yes, it helps when people understand the things we have to go through...my daughters are very understanding of my limitations...even more so when they begin to experience some of the same things. Thanks for the new porch...I don't even keep track, anymore, lol!

Sorry, I can't remember what was on the other porch and really need to get off the computer. Will probably mow some today, but have lots of chores/projects that have been simmering on the back burner, lol! Den has his list, too...but stops to help me if I get in a jam and need more muscle. Hope everyone has a great week...take care!

rockgor

Mikie, Well, great Balls of Fire. You were quoting me, and I didn't know it. This teaches all of us a good lesson. Soon as I figure out what it is I will let you know. With regard to Henry he has no sense of humor and does not converse with us unless absolutely necessary as in, "Gordon, the house is on fire."

I have been wondering what slash pines are. Looked 'em up. Valuable for lumber. There are several
pictures, but they look different from each other. I guess my Dad would have known. He sold trees
for a nursery.

I spent most of the night reading books, kindle or the computer. I read a kindle about a female
Sheriff who was captured by a serial kidnapper. Somehow she escaped but the kindle not tell us
how. So obviously these things are not necessarily complete. Kinda like a book on Wyatt Earp
without the part about the OK corral.

Adios, Pards
Rock

Oh Hi, Julie, I hope Den's allergies go away. I used to have allergies to pollen, etc. when I was much
younger. Somehow they all went away. Maybe because of moving to Calif?

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Been cleaning floors and the kitchen counters. Nothing too strenous, just quick cleaning. With only me and SV, that's all it needs. Not feeling that great but, if I can keep things clean, I can hit the big jobs when I have some NRG. Woke with headache and upset stomach, all courtesy of that awful flu from Jan. Haven't been the same since. Experts were saying if 70 percent of people got the virus or the vaccine, we would achieve herd immunity. Now they are saying 50 percent. I want an antibody test before I'll take the vaccine. Don't want to take it if I don't have to.

Neighbor from downstairs called. She was laid off for a while but now is working part time. Her DH can work from home and he's been busier than ever. Glad to hear that.

Julie, glad to hear Mama Kitty is coming to eat. I pray those kittens will be okay. Glad the baby is here and she and mama are doing well. You are a good neighbor and friend. So glad Den was able to fix the A/C. I think we would die without it down here. I thank God every day for it and ask Him to keep this old unit going. My whole family has always been understanding about what ails me. This DD is the psych nurse and she deals with ADD and ADHD in her practice. She's very helpful to me. We both love these lids. Now I'm glad I got the six quart because the lids don't fit the eight quart Instant Pots. Hope you can get some rest with all this excitement.

Rock, and here you are, quoting Jerry Lee Lewis. It's so sad when people have no sense of humor. They don't know what they are missing. You and Gordon are so funny. These slash pines remind me of the Australian pines we had in CO. They are mostly trunk and limbs with the needles at the end of the limbs. I like them because they don't obscure the view. Birds love them for perching and the squirrels use them for their private transportation route. They love the baby pine cones to snack on. Did the Kindle skip the part where the sheriff escaped? If I'm not careful when handling mine, it will skip ahead. Doh!!

My neighbor had to hang up because her Dad's doc was calling. We had a nice long chat. Evidently MA has a mask mandate and they are doing really well up there. She saw a video of a woman down here having a meltdown because a tile store wouldn't let her in without a mask. If nothing else, FL continues to entertain the rest of the country. If the country were a circus, FL would be the clowns.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm gonna have some lunch and try to do something useful, whatever that might be. Gotta dust. This place gets dusty so fast.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

everyone, thank you for your birthday wishes. june 1st was the date. both rock and i don't celebrate birth dates with anything special, did not bake or cooked something special to mark the occasion.

sun, i don't use gloves while doing battle with the hateful plant but i'm VERY careful. the neighbor was not happy with just one but planted another one. this one spills over her yard into the sidewalk. hope she has plenty of insurance for any damage it might cause any peds going by. she tries to enclose her entire property with planting so no one can see into her yard, not that she keeps it up. things are all overgrown, sort of like sleeping beauty with the thorns around the castle. she finally had to trim a large tree that the morning glory had climbed into. funny to see and a delight to hear her muttering. small victory savored. the previous owner had many galleon of MJ growing there until the feds came in and arrested him. he was very strange and glad he's gone.

all for now,

gordon

Granniluvsu

Such a nice busy Porch. However, DH should be coming in the door and I have to fix lunch before the cleaning ladies come again ! It has been so busy with little stuff to do around here getting ready for them to clean, plu the usual stuff.

Just got a call from the surgery center business office telling me the cost of the surgery. I shutter to think what it would be without insurance. Not bad actually but waiting to hear more about the procedure he sill have the next week.

JULIE - Yes, it is Thursday for the surgery. Please continue to pray. I don;t know how you do it with everything you do and fight to get done daily. However, 20 plus years younger than I might help alot.

GORDON - Glad that your birthday was uneventful in a bad way. We don;t celebrate uch either.

Sorry I cant stay as I need to go fix lunch . On a time schedule today.

MIKIE - Gladd you are sleeping well.

Love,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Did a bit more work around here but not much. Decided to watch a HULU movie. It wasn't great but better than most. Kept me rapt until the very end. I need something like that to escape into now and then. We just got some wonderful rain and it's still raining. My nice next door neighbor brought my Target bill over because it was delivered to the wrong box. Must be the regular mail lady's day off. I had gone down a bit earlier because some meds were due to be delivered today and I didn't want them sitting in a hot mailbox. Hope I never have to take expensive meds. I pay nothing for these if I use mail order.

Gordon, I had thought your birthday was in July. Guess you're not a Cancer after all. You're a Gemini, sign of the twins. Also one of the smartest signs in the Zodiac. Cancer and Gemini are very compatible. Maybe this next door woman is growing a little Mary Jane if she doesn't want anyone to see into her yard.

Granni, with most surgeries these days, one doesn't have to stay overnight. With the Medicare Advantage plans, there is very little out-of-pocket cost. Don't know what I'd do without my plan. You know I'll be praying that all goes well. I don't make a big deal out of my birthday but others make a fuss and it's nice to be appreciated. I appreciate others on their birthdays because I like to celebrate the lives of those I love. I'm not as good at getting cards out as I once was.

Sun, I'm a bit worried about you. I know you weren't feeling well and you haven't been here. I hope all is okay.

Been massaging my lymph nodes. With Sjogren's they sometimes get clogged and painful. For some reason, I feel peaceful and happy this afternoon. My moods can change for no rhyme or reason. Well, I'll take it when I feel like this. I gave SV his ration of love and he's now curled up in his little soft bed. I hope all y'all have a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

mikie, i don't think the woman next door is smart. why have two of the damn plant. she's no princess.

this gemini isn't very smart but thanks for your insight.

just got back from the peridontist. he doesn't think he can save the two tooth and will need to get implants. it's a very costly and takes about 8 to 14 months to complete. guess i have get out on the streets with signs to get donation from drivers as they pass by.

if it's not one things it's another.

gordon

Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids,

Just another day here in Groundhogville. Jeopardy is running old shows which appear to be from the 80's. A lot of the questions were easier back then, including FJ. We all three got the answer. Alex Trebec had a curly mop and looked so young. Forty years ago, I looked pretty young too. That ship has sailed! I made some French fries in the air fryer and they were only so so. One recipe suggested soaking them in cold water before frying to make them crisper. I liked the sliced potatoes tossed in salad dressing with herbs better. I ate the Fries and was satisfied but won't make them again. DD made chicken fingers and she said they were delicious. Cleanup was certainly easy.

Saw a sign online. It read: To whoever stole my antidepressants, I hope you're happy!

Gordon, I have to respectfully disagree with you; I know smart when I see it. I have no idea why someone would want two plants that go out of control if she can't handle them. I'm so sorry the dentist can't save the teeth. Are you getting the ones they implant permanently into the bone? They advertise those in an infomercial here. One of my neighbors got a couple of them and they are great but, as you point out, they are pricey. Good luck with it. BTW, people no longer have to go to the streets for donations. In this electronic age they start Go Fund Me accounts for donations.

I woke with a headache again and one side of my head was completely stuffed up. I got up and took two ibuprophen and sprayed NasaCort up my nose. The head is clear but the headache lingers. I stay inside and don't know what is aggravating my sinuses. SV sneezed yesterday so there must be something in the air. I brushed and combed him and got a huge ball of fur for my efforts. His fur is sooo soft.

There are two depressions in the Caribbean and the Atlantic. The one in the Caribbean is tentatively headed toward Granni. It's way too early to pinpoint it so hope it stays away. The one in the Atlantic is too far away to make even tentative projections. Weather woman on TV pointed out that we are just at the beginning of hurricane season. Looong way to go.

I hope y'all have a good day.

Love, Mikie

Good news: Claudia FaceTimed with her Mom in the long-term care facility. Mom hasn't spoken in months and Claudia can't visit her. Claudia sang old songs in German to her Mom and she spoke back in German. Woo Hoo! All is not lost. I just dropped off some magazines for her and stopped at the mail box. No mail yet. I'm expecting one more Rx. Found out from a neighbor that a man in the three story bldg. has Covid. Ambulance took him to the hosp. I felt out of breath when I got home but oximeter said oxygen saturation is fine. I guess it's just a feeling that I can't catch my breath.

Instead of cleaning today, I'm cleaning out paperwork. Long overdue. I don't feel up to physical work. I mailed in my primary ballot; it's been sitting around waiting to be mailed. It's really not a big deal but it's my civic duty. This is a primary for local offices.

Last edited:

rockgor

Morning Fellow Porchers,

Ain't got no news. Just same old stuff. I was so hard up for a book to read that I started reading
Upstairs Downstairs by John Hawkesworth. It was a TV program at one time. About an English
upper class family and the many servants who work there. Not exactly my cup ah tea. Set in the
20th century.

Gordon is downstairs mopping the kitchen floor. I came in from feeding Kitty. Asked if he wanted
help. He said what he often says, "Nah, I can do it faster myself."

Mikie, I saw a mildly funny sign that said, "Don't worry about the dog. Beware of the Wife."

Just talked to Gordon. He's been calling about getting some dental insurance and some sort
of lamp that kills the carona virus in the air. It's kind of expensive (Forgot how much). Friend
Jim has one. BTW, I told Gordon to stop posting under my name. It confuses people. He said
"No" to my request. Well! I may just kick him out of the house if he's going to take that attitude.
Oh! Wait a minute. He owns the house. I'll have to see what Plan B is.

Granni, I 'spect your house is spic and span now that the cleaning ladies were there. We could
use some cleaning ladies around here. Well, the place isn't dirty; it's just cluttered. I used to buy
lots of books and records, but don't anymore. It appears that the library is not going to open
up for another century or so. I don't even know if anyone goes to the movies now. Doubt it.

Sun Flower, Hope you are OK. Have you done any art work lately? I think you said it was difficult
to hold the pictures. How is Claire? Is she the only cat?

Julie, Oreo chases cats? I always thought everybody lived in peach and harmony on the farm.
But maybe they're just playing?

OK, time to go. Hugs and balloons. Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

Gordon's posting under your name doesn't confusicate me but I always check to see who is posting. I like your sign too. :) I think the chances of getting the virus in your house is very small. It's being out where others are breathing, talking coughing, etc. where you are at risk. My experience with private dental insurance is that the best you can usually do is break even after paying the premiums but I haven't looked into it for a while. I hate dental bills but I usually just bit the bullet. Hmmm, maybe that's what's wrong with my teeth. Ooh, can't resist a cheesy joke.

I thought your library had curb service. If they do, I would imagine there are books that can be downloaded to the Kindle. Or, you could buy some of the inexpensive ones on Amazon. People only live in peach and harmony in orchards. Oh, snap! Sometimes typos are funny. Or wait, was it a typo or a pun? I hope you guys are doing well, that you find something good to read and that Gordon's teeth problems turn out okay.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

lydia1

Hi everyone...slept till almost 10:00 am again...glad to be retired and able to rest when necessary. Mowed a little bit yesterday, but it kept sprinkling off and on...the ground was firm enough to hold the mower, but the grass was too wet and kept clogging up the deck. So, I'd have to get off and clean it out. Finally gave up and figured I can mow later this week (it's raining this morning, so that made an easy decision to stay inside, lol!)

Mikie, I'm glad you've had some "feeling better" days...but you're smart to pace yourself and do what you feel up to doing today.

Rock, chasing cats is about the only exercise Oreo gets, lol! Other than walking up the lane to her "bathroom" and around the yard a couple times a day to check on her kingdom ;) Just my opinion, but we always know when it's Gordon or when it's you posting...you each sign your own names. At any rate, always good to hear from both of you.

Almost noon here, so I'd better get busy and get something accomplished. Going to close windows and turn on the A/C...not terrible in here, but we had the house open yesterday since we were both outside a lot. But when I'm in here working, I like to be nice and cool, lolol!

Take care, everyone!

Mikie

Hi, Julie,

Good decision on the grass. Glad you got to sleep in. Yes, that's one of the great things about being retired. SV won't let me sleep in but I can go back to bed. Some obviously big dog used the area right in front of the dumpster for a toilet. Guess the term, dumpster, confused it. That's a big no-no in our hood. My A/C is on all day and night set to 77 degrees. Hope we both get something done but I'm not pushing it. Have a good afternoon.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

I’ve been dealing with a lot of cramping for over two weeks, talked to my cancer doc this morning so now I’m scheduled for a cystoscopy on thursday, same day as Granni’s DH. Saturday my handyman was over to fix the oven hood light which just wasn’t plugged into the part. The hood company sent me a replacement one, but this is working good so I’ll just store the new one in the garage in case I need a part from it or I know someone who needs a new hood. Then on sunday got up from a nap and heard water running? Found a giant spraying from a broken sprinkler pipe right next to my house, flooded the planter area. So I immediately called my handyman who told me to go turn the water off from the house....had to learn how to do that. So no water all sunday night and he was over yesterday to fix the pipe. I could do without all these life upsets.

Rock: yes, I’ve been doing a little painting. Have to order some mats today for some of them, trying to work my way thru unfinished paintings. I’ve also been copying my story writing onto google doc. Things to keep my mind active and off worrying.

Granniluvsu

Good afternoon everydobby,

Nothing happening here. Enjoying peace and quiet, all things considered. Not sure what will happen tomorrow if anything unless we shop or hear that DH needs to go get some test done. However, we did get the most important thing taken care of yesterday when they called to tell us what to pay .:D We may do some shopping tomorrow. I was home all morning waiting for someone who might call from the surgery center. I hate it when they call the day before to get something done. Of course no one has called so far today. Maybe late tonight you never know. Did a wash and did DH's pill boxes. Actually most of his are supplements with two pills for his b/p.

JULIE - You are lucky to have so much grass for all of the animals. Of course you have to mow but not sure how much of the area you mow. You seems to have an awful lot since you are on a farm. With this house we have no grass. When we moved here there were two very small spot and not even worth it to have a mower or to do it. So we got rid of it and there is either more dirt with leave and pine needles covering it or some other greenery. It is good that you can take your time doing things too and stop and take a nap and do things little by little/ LIKE MIKIE TOO.

MIKIE - We also keep ours pretty close to your temp. I believe we keep our temperature and a/c set at 78 degrees. We also have fans in all rooms except the bathrooms so that helps a lot. DH uses the fans more than I do. If I put them on it is just for awhile and then get cold and turn it off. I know that most surgeries now are in day surgery centers. We have used them before for various things, both of us. I believe when DH had his Prostate cancer surgery years ago that was the only one he had in the hospital. It is much cheaper for everyone to go in, get it done and then they throw you out after you have peed properly, depending on the procedure done. If you don't they keep u till you do or put in a catheter which is what they had to do one time for DH. Of course if you have cataract surgery you don;t have to pee before leaving - LOL!! Also had some test done there too. Glad it it is not to far away.

SUN - I hope you are feeling OK and just resting. Hope to hear from you soon. Maybe it will be a good time to do some painting if you are feeling up to it. I just saw your newest post. THanks for letting us know what is going on with you. Sorry for the cramping. Hope tit will be uneventful with no major problems. Also sorry for the leaky pipe outside. Lucky that it wasn't inside. There is always something with the house, you have to pay for. As DH said if something happens to him to sell this house which I hate to do. We are doing all right now but not sure how things will be going in the future with being able to get any more money than we have now, to stay afloat, (as DH would say)..

ROCK/GORDON - Enjoy hearing from you both when you post. Hope you find a good bood, ROCK. Sounds like Gordon is always busy doing something useful. He can come clean my floors any day. Yes my floors are pretty clean ow but my off white tile in the kitchen is always hard to keep clean. it shows everything.

SPRING - Hope you are feeling OK and that it is not to hot for you. Are you able to get out much with the restrictions?

I had better run and do a few more thing today. Part of this week will be a waste as far as getting things done around here. HUGZ to everydobby inc those not mentioned and MIA's !

Love,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

We're getting some nice rain but it's not gonna be enough. Still, we need all we can get. Good for cooling things down too. It's only 88 instead of 92 degrees out. I watched a good show on PBS about the Air Force experiments sending men up in balloons to 100,000 ft. in order to see what effect it would have on them. This was before NASA took over and started the space program. I was in HS back then and have no memory of it. I do remember the scramble when Russia beat us putting a satellite in orbit. We though it was the end of the world. Don't know what I'd do without PBS to distract me.

I waded through quite a bit of paperwork and threw out some things I don't need. Found my Costco refund check too. Was wondering where I put it. I get this place ship shape one of these days.

Sun, I'm sorry for all you are going through. Let us know how the cysto comes out. BTW, DD tells me they call an oximeter that gives a pulse readout a pulse-ox. Funny name.

Granni, glad you are enjoying the peace and quiet. I hope nothing comes up and the procedure on Thurs. goes well. I'm just enjoying sitting here and watching the rain gently fall on the pond. The large white egret has been wading looking for a fish for his dinner. He usually finds one swimming in the reeds. I use the fans in whatever room I'm in. I bought upgrades for the living room and kitchen but the ones in the bedrooms are builder grade. As long as they keep running, I won't replace them. Seventy-eight it the recommended setting but I have found 77 the perfect setting for this condo and A/C unit. My gall bladder surgery was supposed to be in and out but I was too sick after to go home so they kept me until the next day. My oxygen level was very low and I was nauseated. Normally, I would have a co-pay for the hosp. overnight but they didn't charge it. I'm laughing about having to pee after cataract surgery.

Earlier, I called the church thrift shop and will likely drop off the luggage and clothing tomorrow. I also need to deposit a couple of checks in the bank. I could get the mobile app where all I would have to do is take a pic of the checks but I don't like having to lock my phone. I so seldom deal with paperwork with my bank accounts so it's not a big deal. One of these days, I need to gas up the car. I try to keep it at least half full during hurricane season. It could use a quick run through the car wash too.

I am pooped and never really got rid of the headache. Gonna take some Tylenol to see whether that gets rid of it. I'm reading a British murder mystery and just can't get into it. Seems to go on forever without character development or progress on solving the murder. I hate that. Hope all y'all have a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

springwater

Hello

It rained so much these two days. Not that Im complaining. I saw pictures of most people living near rivers wading in knee deep water. Some were in heart of town.

We had just had the jungle around the house cut down. I gave the chap a rain suit to wear so he could work even though it never stopped raining.

Bit of clean up going on. When i went to check on things on the lower level where theres more trees, my feet sank into the ground, all squelchy. Mud in my nails, pants.

Granni - good wishes and prayers going up for DH. our lockdown has eased now but i aint going anywhere un necessarily. everyone knows its only to help the economy and not because the virus has gone away. i suppose we as citizens have to do our bit, the govt cannot do it all.

Its very difficult for those who have no other option but to use public transport. Can you imagine going in a bus and one knows covid is rising.

Sun - you too. i admire your ability to push on inspite of. You always have some project going on.

Mikie - hope the headache goes away. I was sick too after my gall bladder surgery. Most get up after two days. That laser one. Which points do you massage? Maybe thats why you were feeling peaceful?

We dont have PBS but other channels which show interesting shows. BBC earth is good too. i love archaeological shows. And historical ones. Pharoahs of Egypt etc.

Julie - understandable about the grass. No, our schools are still shut. Covid cases are rising and the schools cannot sanitize pencils and pens all the time and oversee that all the staff sanitize themselves. Where is the money. The parents probably wouldnt send their kids if schools opened right now. They would prefer to lose one school year. Most families are joint with grandmas and grandpas staying together.

Rock and Gordon - seems like peaceful times...no helicopters hovering overhead, no sirens blasting and cops copping in the neighbourhood. I use gardening gloves. Makes it so much easier. i guess a quiet Henry is preferable to someone who might be talking nonstop and is interfering and dominating. Like my ma in law.

Barry - are you a bit recovered now? i suppose you too got the rains?

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Hump Day, Kids,

It's official--my allergies have gone nuts. I'm sneezing nonstop and my nose is runny. Allergies can make me feel sick. Gotta wash the mop later and get the stuff to the church thrift shop. I called yesterday to make sure they are open for donations full time. Can't wait to get rid of this stuff. There will be more to donate but it can go to Goodwill. Both DD's like to check out thrift stores now and then. Both found really nice brand new coffee machines still in the boxes. They don't use the Kuerig types. Kuerigs are more expensive but it's so convenient to make one cup at a time and it's always fresh. After the thrift shop, I'll stop at the bank drive-up and deposit a couple of checks. Gonna have hand sanitizer in the car for after touching the tube. FL is one of the big hot spots for the virus. Our hosp. beds are now full.

Spring, AACCKK!! All that rain making things muddy. We had a nice long gentle rain yesterday but I don't think we got enough volume out of it. Oh well, there's always today and tomorrow and... Glad you have help with your jungle. We couldn't handle things down here without the gardeners. They aren't great but better than nothing. You may be right; massaging my lymph nodes may have hit upon a happiness point. I massage my neck, chest and under my arms. Sometimes, there can be a really tender point and it feels good to massage it. I don't get BBC except for the news on PBS. I like European and Japanese news because our news here is so brief on the network channels. We have cable news but it's political. Stay safe and dry, my friend.

The tropical depression in the Atlantic is likely to become a named tropical storm as it moves into the Caribbean. So far it's sposda travel west on a track south of Cuba. Of course, no one knows for sure where these storms will go. I don't know what happened to the one that was in the Caribbean. Easy come, easy blow. Wishes for sunny skies and just the right amount of rain for all our Dear Porchies. Also wishes for no pain and lotsa NRG.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

Morning, Good People ,

It's going on 5:30 AM here. Weather is supposed to be hot all week. Gordon will suffer and turn on all the fans in the house. I am still suffering from the vicious bug bite I got 4 days ago. Speaking of which, there are two ants on the computer table. But, not any more. In military parlance, they have been dispatched. And here's another. Great Balls of sour cherry pie.

Sorry about your m-in-law, Spring. You want me to send Henry over to intimidate her? What are your good looking kids up to?

Last night i read about homeless people moving into the city of Grand Rapids. But the news folks
didn't tell us which Grand Rapids. There are 5 cities with that name in the USA including one in Minnesota. Don't think I've ever been there. The Grand Rapids in Michigan is home to the Gerald Ford Library.

"Easy come, easy blow." Mikie, the weather people should have that on a sign in their office. Which
reminds me, I went to Youtube a couple days ago. The crazy weatherman Mark Mathis isn't there
any more. He was entertaining. Several commentators said he was on drugs; don't know. The
two nude men who reported the weather aren't there anymore either. It's so hard to find entertainment on the net some days. Ah, yes, the Japanese news. Soon as Gordon gets downstairs
in the morning he turns on the Japanese channel. They show the same news over and over, but he
likes it. I retire to the computer room.

Granni, yes, Gordon has lots of energy. He's pretty busy all day. Yesterday he went to the periodontist and a grocery store. He's pretty fussy about his vitals. When I say I'll do the shopping,
he says, "No, you wont get the right stuff." And then I don't even know how to drive his new car.
I think I last drove in 2015. Just before I sold my car. Good luck to DH.

OK, running out of energy. Hugs, Rock

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

So much for the best laid plans...after I posted I started to feel sick. It's raining so I don't want to be hauling clothing out of my car at the thrift shop. Nice thing is that I can do it tomorrow or on Friday after I see my PCP. Today, I'm gonna do a pedicure that is badly needed. When my toenails get a little too long, they remind me of the neighbors cat's toes; she had been declawed (the cat, not the neighbor). As sick as I am of SV's clawing the love seat, I wouldn't have the tips of his toes amputated. I like the look of his fat little feet. But, I digress...

Normally, I steal jokes and puns but the 'Easy come, easy blow' was my own material. What I steal is usually better. Nude weathermen? Why didn't I know about this? Did you see the woman who sat down in the middle of the street nude at the protest? Wow did she ever have a beautiful body from the back. She's into Yoga. It's probably waaay too late for me but I'll take any help I can get. I wonder whether my old Wii game machine still works. It has Yoga. SV does a nice downward cat pose but he doesn't hold it long enough. Tweety's is purrfect. He just came inside because something scared him outside. I don't see anything but he complained loudly. I had to tell him everything is okay. That always soothes him. Kids in Joe's bldg. have a little rabbit that they have trained to come to them when they call it. It follows them all around. Sooo cute.

I wonder whether Gordon's aversion to help is a Cancer trait. I'd usually rather just do things myself but not because I don't think others would do a good job. I'm just used to doing it all. Maybe because I'm an only child. We don't have a Japanese channel here but I like their news on PBS. I also like seeing what is happening in Europe and how the world views us. We really need more than one perspective. The segment on Hungary on 60 Minutes Sunday was very disturbing. They appear to be on a slippery slope toward fascism and they are a worry to the rest of Europe. It's a bit like deja vu of Germany in the 1930's.

I need to go to remove my toenail polish. Then, a nice soak in the tub. I'm saving the shower for tomorrow. I hope you get some nice sleepytime rest.

Love, Mikie