PORCH 1217 IS NOW CLOSED (8/24/20) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1217 IS NOW CLOSED (8/24/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

springwater

Judy - have been praying for Patti. So wonderful whenever you come on. Not a day or at the least two passes, when i dont pray for our board members, past and present.

Granni - please stay safe. Just saw the big storm surge news. Rather alarming.

Mikie - ive lost a very expensive piece of jewellery and i knew it was under lock and key. I consulted psychics who said noones taken it. Its there where it was but i couldnt see it. I emptied out whole cupboard but nothing but bare cupboard. After almost a year, started getting anxious and upped my prayers. Used whatever techniques i knew. One fine day i opened locked cupboard and there it lay right in the middle of bare cupboard. No outside helper is there. Its just four of us. The room is locked because its a spare room and theres only one key. for room as well as cupboard.

I was only a little surprised. Im used to this sort of thing. I was more relieved.

my charging wire gave out and havent been able to buy a new one. lockdown got extended. So i will return after some time. Been sharing with other appliance.

i had to hustle today to get groceries. DD went one way, and i the other. before the police came on their motorcycles and police vans tooting and whistling. sending people scrambling to close their shutters and get off the streets.

Ellie - hello, welcome to the Porch. I hope you will come back and visit often. We love for our Porch family to grow and grow. More beautiful people to share with and share of, you see.

God bless

Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

I'm up at 3:00 in the morning. I went to sleep about 9:00 last night so only have gotten about four hours of sleep; I woke at 1:00 and couldn't get back to sleep so got up. I'll have to take a nap for sure today. Last evening, the doorbell rang and I went out to find a big box from UPS. My DD and DSIL sent me a fall decoration that is about 3 feet tall. It's an angel with leaves on her dress--very fall looking. It's a resin material and I had to put it on the lanai because it was outgassing when I removed it from the plastic bag it was shipped in. I'll bring it inside and take a pic of it next to the entry table with something fall like so I can send it to my kids with a thank you note.

Funny, been discussing angels here and just watched a video of a woman in Ireland who sees guardian angels. I have a pic in my bedroom of an angel and it reads, Bless This House. It's folk art and looks a bit 80's but I can't bring myself to replace it. My kids are so sweet and thoughtful. Every fall, this DD and I would visit Hobby Lobby and other stores to see the fall decorations. We miss each other more every fall. I'm gonna hang my fall wreath on the door today.

I think all the current stress in the world, combined with the stress of losing my cards and license, had taken their toll on me. Then, the excitement of finding them again has messed up my sleep. Oh well, better good stress than bad. It was only Nancy and I for FJ last night and neither of us got the answer. Claudia likely would have but she had something else she had to do.

Georgia, so good to see you here; I'm just sorry it's under such sad circumstances. I do think Patti would be happy to see us drawing close to one another though. She's such a sweet and loving person. So we have you, Willow and Barry in Northern CA. Then we have Sun, Rock and Gordon in Southern CA. I can't believe the heat everywhere. Even in Iowa where Julie lives it's been hot. My kids live in CO and it's been hotter there than here in Southwestern FL. Please come back to the Porch and visit.

Gordon, I don't have the discipline to do any large projects. I enjoy knitting and think I mentioned my neighbor and I did hot pads that look like fruit slices. That's about the extent of my abilities these days. I like your hobbies/interests. They must keep you very busy, especially the orchids.

Spring, I'm so glad you found your jewelry even if it did take a year. I'm glad it wasn't stolen. There are things we can't explain and I've also had those kinds of experiences. I never discount the power of prayer. Right now, my brain no workee as Rock says. That virus just left me too exhausted. Some days, I drift through time as though I'm in a dream state. That lockdown is horrible for you. I hope it can be lifted. Our infection rates here have dropped but sometimes that happens and then they spike again. It has made a huge difference where masks are mandated. Where people have ignored them, there are fresh outbreaks. Lots of people are now infected in four or five states and they have traced it back to the bikers who had their rally with several hundreds of thousands all coming together in a small town. Total Idiocy. I hope you can replace your charger. Mine is messed up and it keeps throwing me back into the sign-in screen. Stay safe from the virus and the cops.

I hope everyone has a nice windup to the week. Despite my living like a hermit, the time seems to be flying by. Lately, there has been a lot of activity in the hood even if it is just phone calls and texting. My neighbor across the street called last evening. She texted Grace and will call her today. She is home from the hospital. That's a good sign. Thanks again, everyone, for your prayers. Claudia bought a big bag of Mandarin oranges and gave me some of them. I put two of them on my new neighbors' window sill. Then I got a bag of them and put another two on their sill. I got a text last night asking whether it was I who was leaving them. I told Teresa that there must be an elf. It's the little things we do for one another that are so nice. I had bought some of Dr. Mercola's Himalayan pink salt and it was much cheaper to buy three. I am giving one to Claudia. BTW, his salt is loaded with trace minerals. Very good for us.

Love you all,
Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bct

rockgor

Hi Kids, Sorry I don't remember Patti. My Alz is just too advanced. I don't remember half the things
Gordon tells me. Mikie, we used to have a pot luck & barbecue at the office. Some gal had hot
pads that looked like water melon slices. She said her daughter was doing some other fruit. Must have been new then. A couple gals said they were going to make some too.

Bless this house is one of my favorite songs. One of the gals who wrote it also wrote another favorite: Come to the Fair.

Well, Gordon put a few library books on hold. It's too complicated now. I can't do it anymore.

I've been watching You Tube a lot. Yesterday I saw a baby rolling around on the floor. Got next
to the steps. The family cat ran over and kept it from falling. What kind of a mother leaves a baby
unwatched at the top of a staircase?

Hope you all have a good day. Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

Patti's username is Hanginginthere. She is the one always posting funny videos and pics on the Homebound board. She is the sweetest, most loving person.

I'll bet the melon slice hot pads are cute too. I found some little plates that look like orange slices so got a couple.

I am reading the Penny Marshall book, My Mother Was Nuts. It's so funny on several levels. Her Bronx humor is great. If I'm going to download books from the library, I need to go have my card re-validated. I have so many new books from Amazon and that will keep me busy. I'm so old now that there is little left to read that doesn't feel like deja vu.

All my recent stress has brought on a flare of the Sjogren's that has my salivary glads hurting on the right side. I'm having flashbacks of when I had mumps as an adult. I gave them to my kids. One of our cats especially loved my older DD. He stayed in bed with her the whole time except to eat and use his box. If she lay on her back, the cat lay on his. If she lay on one side, the cat would lie on the same side. It was the most amazing thing. When she was a baby, he would try to curl up on her in her little carrier. My DMIL was terrified that he would 'suck the breath out of her.' She hated cats and, wouldn't you know it, the cats would always jump in her lap when she visited.

Hope you get your books.

Love, Mikie

Crap--I can't get back to sleep and I'm bone tired. I finally got up and put the angel statue in place, added a couple of fall decorations on the table next to it and took a pic. I emailed it to DD and DSIL with my thanks. I put on some shorts and took all the packing material to the dumpster. It was no small task. I hate that it came packed in foam that is not recyclable. At least the outer cardboard box and plastic bag are. Gonna dig out my fall wreath and put it up. I had big plans for a pedicure today, along with some other tasks in here. I may end up putting off the pedicure til tomorrow. Think I'll get the Kindle out and read to see whether that puts me to sleep. I know most of us suffer from sleep issues but this is worse today than most days/nights. Whine, whine, whine!

Last edited:

rockgor

hi mikie, glad you found your dl and cc. it's happened to me twice. just hated it. of course the worst part was having to go to the dmv but was not too concern with the cc. once you report the missing card, any charges made would be reversed.

i have a question for our group and wondered if they could help.

once a person who has come down with the virus and since recovered, can they infect others? can't seem to find any answer and i know it's probably too soon to know. logically, if they are infectious then there should be others getting infected by them.

i made a couple of those fruit pot holders. cute but should have made them out of heavy cotton yarn. i also crochet a blanket once. it was made in long oval strips. each strip was made with white, turquoise and edged in black yarn. the strips were then sown together. it had a look of a s/w indian blanket and was heavy. haven't crochet anything else since it cramps my fingers too much. i think it given away.

we'll be going to have rock's stitches removed this morning and was told it would be a short visit. on the way back will drop off a bill at the post office.

it remains hot here and the whole state of ca. it doesn't help to hear that the temp will be lower next week, in the 80's. ANY TEMP OVER 75 degree is too hot for me.

all for now,

gordon

Mikie

Hi, Gordon,

Good luck to you both at the doc's. Experts say the most dangerous time to infect is early when one is still asymptomatic and, of course, they can give it to others for a couple of weeks until there is no more fever. Then, they need to be tested to make sure they are recovered. I don't believe they think someone who has recovered is infectious; however, they are now saying it can reinfect people. I believe it is like the flu I had in Jan. It just kept coming back in waves. One guy came down with a different strain of it after recovering. I'm just guessing here based on what I've seen and read. This would be a good question for one of the experts.

Your blanket sounds really beautiful. I like the color choices. Just keeping the tension on the yarn when knitting causes my hands to cramp. I was able to have the credit card co. put a lock on my card until I found it. Then, all I had to do is call to have it reactivated. Very handy. I use online banking. I can control the days that the bills are paid and I get confirmation codes to prove the bills are paid. I'm worried about the USPS. A guy wrote in the paper op ed that his payments aren't getting there. Geez, one more thing we have to worry about.

Again, good luck and I hope you get your question answered. You could ask Rock's doc. All docs have to study this stuff regardless of specialty.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

Just popping in for a few minutes. So much to do. Wet to BCG appt but then the power was out so went home. On the way home we found traffic lights off in some areas with poor police out there trying to direct traffic at very busy intersections. One of them took his bottle of water and poured it over his head to try and get cool and put his hat back on. When we got home I got on the computer for a few minutes and ours electricity went out. So, we went to DD's house to see if theirs were out too, which they were. In doing some investigating found out they have been doing rolling blackouts or brownouts to aid in the strain from the storm . Last night we ended up eating dinner at DD's with sausage on the grill with beans that we had. Then we came home and tried to take a shower with our small lanterns. It was very quick and I also washed my hair which I could not stand any more, I should have washed it the day before or before that even. At least it is cleaner than it was.

I spent part of the night reading a book that I found very interesting that DD had given me for Mothers Day. It was interesting trying to read almost in the dark with no TV or tablet. I could have played or gone on my tablet but I didn't know how long we would have to be without power. So, I just toughed it out. Luckily the electricity was out about 6 hours or so. It went on as I went to the bathroom with the lantern in the dark. I thought I heard the air go on and thankfully we got it before morning. Always afraid of the stuff in the refrig/freezer going bad and having to throw away so much stuff. We don't realize how much we rely on electricity now esp lights and cooking/ esp if we have elec cooking, not to speak of gadgets.

Ellie/Georgia - Nice to hear from you and glad all is well with you and DH. Stay well dear friend !! Would love to hear more from you. Try and stay cool like we all are !!

MIKIE - We can always count on you and my DH to keep us up on the Tropical weather coming towards us !! LOL So glad you found your cards, etc. What a relief. I know what a scare that is Glad you got help from St. Anthony !!

Gotta run !!

Love,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Granni,

Geez, I'm glad your power came back on, especially for the A/C and the food in the fridge/freezer. They tell us that food will usually keep about 24 hrs. if you don't open the doors. The more food that is inside the freezer, the better in terms of keeping. Glad you got to do your hair. I also hate doing it but it feels so good when it's done. Mine still looks good today.

Once the power went out in the winter in Denver and I lit a fire in my fireplace, spread a comforter out on the floor, grabbed a book and had the cat lie next to me. We were snug and warm and I read by the firelight. When the power came back on, we didn't want to get up and go to bed.

DD called after I sent the pic of the angel and thanked her. We had such a good long chat. She is getting more children and young people in her practice and she is happy. She likes working with them.

Barb's DD just texted. Barb took a turn for the worst and is in Hospice and on morphine. Told her I would pray. The kids are all there with her. Thank you all for your prayers and any new ones you can spare. Also praying for Patti, GB and all of us here for our special needs. So glad for our little family here.

I put up the fall wreath and fixed a sandwich for lunch. I feel a tad better but still sooo tired. SV is out baking himself in his private little sauna on the lanai. Think I'm gonna watch TV and rest. I may put out a few more little fall decorations, nothing big.

Love, hugs and prayers for everyone.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Granniluvsu

Another quick hi since I was scrolling down to ee if any exciting pots came on.

GORDON - I am not an expert by any means but it is my guess that they are no longer capable to give the virus to anyone if they have been tested negative afterwards. However, if you do not go to get tested afterwards sometimes from what I have heard it lasts longer than two weeks in your system. Not to sure how long it stays in your body longer than two weeks. I would have to do more investigating on that question. My DD had COVID - 19( and was out almost 3 weeks as she had to wait to get tested , and get the results before she could go back to work. For some people it is not that easy to get to a testng site. Thank goodness she was negative or she couldn't have been able to get back to work..

MIKIE - How nice you got a thoughtful gift from your daughter. Was it the statue or the wreathe you were talking about? I missed something in your posting. Glad your DD likes her job and is getting more patients, Hope you get some sleep. That'll make you feel even worse than usual. I know and I get grumpy too.

Hi and Hugz to everyone else not mentioned ! Gotta run and so some more work on the computer checking on my drugs.

Love,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Granni,

Just woke from about an hour's nap. I feel better. My phone woke me; it was a nuisance call of some kind. I don't answer unless I know the caller. Just put the little rug from the lanai in the washer. Poor SV threw up one of the tubes of hair he gets in his craw. I know it's upsetting for him. Must have happened while I was asleep. He could have thrown up anywhere on the tile floor out there but no, he did it on the rug. He has climbed up on the back of the love seat in the living room where he has a nice soft fuzzy throw.

DD and DSIL sent a tall resin angel in fall colors. She carries a little lantern that lights at night. There are little animals at her feet. She is about 2 1/2 or 3 feet tall. I decided to put out some other fall decorations including the fall wreath on my door. I have a large tureen that I usually have on the dining room table. It looks like a big pumpkin. Right now though, I had stuff for Goodwill on the table. Need to get it down to the car.

I had sent the air fryer lid for their InstantPot and they have been using it a lot. I'm so glad. They make something fast in the pressure cooker and switch lids and brown it. Says it works perfectly.

When will DH be rescheduled for his next treatment. What a pain to go and have to come home. Everything is so dry here. We should be having rain every day. Have a nice evening.

Love, Mikie