PORCH 1218 IS NOW CLOSED (8/29/20) | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1218 IS NOW CLOSED (8/29/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Dear Porchies,

I just realized that I had mixed up Willow's and Windblade's posts. Good grief! Sorry, dear ones. That lack of sleep and exhaustion will do that to me. I have enough problems as it is without lack of sleep. I fixed my post.

I started to Watch Black Panther last night but fell asleep. I think I had seen it before. I did not find it as good a movie as some of the other superhero movies but it was decent entertainment. It's so tragic that Chadwick Boseman died so young. I'd like to watch his other movies. He did biopics of James Brown and Jackie Robinson. He was a very handsome young man.

Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday. Had she lived, she would be 111. She always thought it was funny that her birthday was sometimes on Labor Day. I have always seen Labor Day as the end of summer. Back when I was a kid and dinosaurs roamed the Earth, we didn't go back to school until after Labor Day. I have always put up my fall decorations then. I'm early this year. Now I'll be on the lookout for Halloween candy and decorations for the little boys at the end of the building.

Barry, it must be a relief that you can get your meds. I'm glad. I get mine through mail order and they always send them well ahead.

Spring, I talk to angels all the time. Judy mentioned a woman, Lorna Byrne, who claims to be able to see our guardian angels. I watched an interview of her in Ireland where she lives. She has such a kind and calm demeanor. I'm looking at her books to see which one I want to order. I've always wanted to be able to fly and dream about it. I hope we can when we pass over. Deepak Chopra says the only emotion in Heaven is love and that makes sense. What else is there? I'm laughing at your description of Barb in Heaven. Joe called her DD and said she was exhausted. I'm glad the whole family was there for her when she passed. I hope your lockdown ends soon. Geez, how are you expected to get supplies? The moon will be full on Wed. I think. Been cloudy here so hope I can see it.

Julie, I didn't realize you made baskets. When was that? Do you still make them? I saw a woman on PBS who made beautiful baskets and she dyed parts of them with natural things. If I were wealthy, I'd fill my house with handmade things. As it is, the top of the cabinets that separate the kitchen from the dining room has pottery all over. Since I no longer entertain, they become art.

Granni, thank you for your kinds words about Barb. I fear that, at our age, death of loved ones and friends is something we will be living with. I remember when it was like that for Mom. Even the celebrities we grew up with are dying. Dennis said Grace is depressed and he thinks she is sensing her own mortality. He is my age but she is closer to Barb's age. That's why he isn't telling her about Barb until she comes home. Another friend of theirs also died. I hope you can make it to your friend's service and DH does well at his treatment. I'm praying for his recovery and hope the treatments heal him.

Sun, how is Clair doing? I hope she's better and can enjoy her senior years.

Ellie, thanks so much for your sweet hug. I really appreciate it and it has made me feel warm and comforted. Stop back in to the Porch. We're so glad you are here.

Judy, as I mentioned on the other board, I'm fascinated at your interest in particle physics.

Rock, where art though?

Gordon, what's cookin' at your place?

Who have I missed? I hope no one but I don't trust my memory and pea brain. My love, hugs and prayers to everyone here and MIA.

Love, Mikie

Just got my toe nails painted and got my peppermint soak. I feel so much better. I decided to do them in a bright red. I had maroon on before so am ready for a change.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Clair is eating like there’s no tomorrow. She can go thru one of those 5.5 oz. cans of wet food....or more....a day. Its like she can’t get filled up, eats, then comes back 20 min. later and wants more. I did notice she had eaten some of the special dry because she had thrown it up.

Count me in as another who used to make baskets. It actually started when I taught myself to repair antique wicker, then my MIL was making baskets and I would collect the special palm fronds and send to her so she could weave them in. She sent me a completed one with the palm fronds, and I liked it so much I made myself a “buttocks basket”.....I think that’s the name for a double type of basket. At the time I was working on it we lost power for 3 days so I worked at the kitchen table using a coleman lantern....felt very “early american” doing it. Never did try the natural dying though. I still have rolls of various reeds hanging in the garage. Wish I knew where I could donate them.

I’m going to work on my etsy today. Had a lot of sales this month so need to replenish. I think I’m getting to the end of my “treasures” then I open another closet and find more. when did I buy all of this?????

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

I'm so glad Clair is eating well. That is good news. All SV wants to do is lick his wet food. It's sooo expensive just to have him only lick the gravy off of it. I'm so impressed that you also made baskets. I have baskets all over in here but no handmade ones. I'm asking myself why I bought all this stuff but I don't have an outlet to get rid of it other than the church thrift store or Goodwill. I just don't have the NRG to sell online. So, I need to start loading up the car and get it out of here.

My nails need another coat of polish but that can wait another day. I'm tired and shaky. Teresa next door called and we had a nice long chat. She wanted names of docs and a dentist. Also I gave her the name of SV's vet. And how to get proof of flood insurance to her mortgage co. Glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

OK, gonna do something, probably read. The Sjogren's is flaring. I'm drinking water like crazy. Have a nice evening.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Granniluvsu

Dear Ones,

When it rains it pours. We already have to go to oe funeral on the day DH has to go for his 2nd rx. It will be go to the Rosary first at nine or be there before, the Mass at is at ten and I know there will be lots of people coming to talk about him. He was such a great guy and was a retired policeman and had a hopp selling police attire, etc. Guessing there will be lots of retired and some possible non retired policeman as well a family. We will have to scoot out somehow to get to the appointment on time. Glad it is an earlier funeral or we couldn't make it. Then, DH found an email from the friend of DH's and K of C family that his wife had passed away. She was put on hospice about two weeks or so ago. She was such a fighter. Guessing she is about my age or so. Her DH is the same age as mine. She had terrible heart problems and heer heart was super large at this point. Guessing she also may have stopped taking some of her drugs They did surgery on her which did not work or a well as they had hoped. So it will be another funeral in about a week , I am guessing. Enough already.

Them this afternoon DH found another email today saying that the husband of another friend and singer in my small group is fighting for his life on life supports in ICU. I knew he had had some heart surgeries and stents, etc, and thought he was doing OK. Guess I was wrong. Hope he makes it. He is a sweet guy and my friend will be friend. All the kids were there and hope they get to see their dad before passing if he does. In ICU these days they do not always let family in and of course very scheduled times, if they are allowed. Sorry to bring gloom and doom to the boards. To muhc going on at once. Plus I ow others who are battling life threatening illness (mostly ca) and do not want to prolong their life at all with awful drugs.

SW - Don't worry , I understand my brain is not always on full cylinders either.Thank you for your sweet words.

Gotta run , sorry as DH will need the computer soon and I am not finished with what I want to do.

Love to awl,
Granni

Willow77

Hi All,

It is a lovely day here. Clean air and only 90 degrees with a light breeze. The kind of weather I wanted to move to California for. Next weekend it will be up around 109 so I will enjoy the next few days of perfect weather maybe do some gardening. There is always so much to be done.

It is so sad about the Black Panther star. I hadn't seen him in any of his movies so I didn't know who he was. It is always sad when someone so young dies.

Buddies fiance is back in the hospital. She is a brittle diabetic, epileptic with a brain tumor and she fell and broke her hip and femur a month or so ago. Her blood sugar went way up and is uncontrollable. They are thinking she may have an infection somewhere. She was on a ventilator and not sure she would make it last year after getting aspiration pneumonia after a bad seizure. She is a fighter and pulled through. She is having trouble with pain also as her hip comes out of its socket real easily.

Mikie- I figured you had gotten Judy and me mixed up. I only give my real name out back channel. Only 1 or 2 people know it. I don't even use my real name on Fecesbook. I agree with Barry on that but I have it to keep in touch with the kids. I am terrible at texting on my phone but I can use Facebook messenger. So many times I look at my phone and say to myself, "How do I use this thing again." I have the same problem with TV remotes. Every device with a remote has the buttons in different places. It takes a long time to remember how to use a new one. The angel is beautiful but the table behind it is magnificent. I used to decorate for the seasons but just don't have the energy for it anymore. I may put up a few things for Fall and again for Christmas but that is it. I used to go all out for Valentines Day, St. Patty's Easter and the 4th but I don't bother anymore. I used any excuse to celebrate something or other.

Sun- I love mid-century modern houses. Gray and I drove around Palm Springs a few years ago looking at all of the ones there. They had some really interesting landscaping in some of the front yards too. I would have loved to have one but they are rare and expensive. I didn't know they were a thing until a few years ago when Gray and I went out on a date to B&N for a coffee and to look at magazines. I found one called, "The Atomic Ranch." The houses in there were gorgeous with the walls of windows in the back and the smaller high windows in the bedrooms. I love the old tile bathrooms they had back then too, especially the pink with black trim. I don't usually like that much pink but when Gray and I first got married in 1977 our first apartment was in Detroit and it had the pink bathroom and red carpet in the living room with a coppertone fridge and stove.

Granni- So sorry about all the funerals right now. That happened to my Mom a few years ago. I hope the brown outs for you are over for now. When it gets real hot we sometimes get them too from to many people using their air all at the same time. Hopefully we won't get one when it heats up again this weekend.

Mikie and Sun- Both of my cats, Sally and Angel would lick off the gravy on their food so i had to make sure to get them the pate style food. It is wet but no gravy. At the end both Sally and Angel didn't want to eat so I would get them the tin packets of salmon or give them sardines or tuna. Anything they would eat. We had Sally put down when Gray would wake up in the morning and there would be about 15 little piles of vomit all over the house. The vet said digestive system cancer is very common in cats and she wouldn't get better. We were having the house remodeled to sell and contractors were in and out all day making a lot of noise and forgetting to close the door. When they got to the part where they were putting in the new hardwood floors we took her in. Her last little bit of feisty behavior was when she tried to bite the vet when he went to give her her shot. The vet said, "she lived life on her own terms." And she sure did. I saw a movie a few nights ago called "Bob the Street Cat." It wasn't a class A movie but it was a true story so I enjoyed it a lot.

Hi Julie- Gray and I moved to CA first from Michigan in 1981. We were supposed to settle in SoCal but changed our mind when we got to the CA border and turned north instead of south. So we ended up in Napa. 5 years later Dad told Mom and sister that they had 6 months to make up their minds but he was moving to CA with or without them. He knew Mom would come but sister decided to stay behind and has never regretted it. Mom loves it here and she used to say, "Hemet is Heaven". That was 1986 the same year we bought our first house in Fairfield. Gray wouldn't consider living down here because of the heat a lot of his work was outside. So when he retired I insisted it was time to move. We think God had his hand in the timing because we got here and settled just before the pandemic started. We also couldn't believe how much we got for the old house and we were able to buy much more house down here because of it. Everything worked out better than if I could have planned it. I told Gray about your house/workshop. He was impressed. He would have loved something like that on a farm, just not the winter weather.

Barry- I have never tasted Moringa leaves or seeds. I was hoping to get a tree big enough to try. I got a packet of seeds from Baker seeds. Their website is rareseeds dot com. they have a lot of heirloom seeds that I like and they had a world wide something or other at the Santa Rosa fair grounds that I always wanted to go to, but never did. I have a few seeds left so will try again in a larger pot and maybe a few seeds directly in the ground in a gopher cage of course.

Hi to Spring and everyone else. I have spent hours on this and it is almost time to start dinner so I need to get going. I get my tooth cut out tomorrow so probably won't be here for a few days.

Love to all,

Willow

windblade

Barry, I live in NJ, so we did not get hit by this latest storm. We are getting to the time of year which means the deepest greens of summer before the leaves start changing color. I remember as a kid we used to sit out on the curb, and light up cat-tails that some older kid would trek to the marshlands for. With fireflies all around lighting up the dark. I am not able to get out much anymore, so I love remembering all these things.

Spring, yes, Rainbow left to be an activist for the environment - speaking out against fracking. I think about her often, and still miss her. She would join in gatherings of Native Americans that lived near her. And Doz, ( Cynthia ) was the lady who had chickens. I had never realized before that chickens have such unique personalities. I enjoy the descriptions you capture in your writing, like that moon-scape. It came alive to me.

Hope everyone in the heat takes good care.

Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids,

Wow, I fell into a coma-like sleep before Jeopardy came on and didn't wake up til this morning, ten hours later. I have been a bit out of it for a couple of days and that may explain my mixed up messages to Willow and Judy. I know who is who but my brain no workee as Rock says. I still feel a bit out of it this morning and my neck is hurting. Whine, whine, whine!

Today is my Mom's birthday. She has been gone 18 years now. I still miss her every day. She would be 111. I feel her presence with me all the time.

Granni, I am so very sorry for all the deaths around you. I know how depressing that can be. I was only twelve when so many people in my life died. I was depressed but back then, no one thought about how death affects kids. Now, it seems to be people my own age around me dying. We had four people in the hood pass within six months a couple of years ago. I know how hard it's been trying to get DH to his second treatment. I hope all goes smoothly this time.

Willow, it's so funny when we think only 90 is good weather. We are supposed to get to 95 for a couple of days this week. I worry more about the tropical waves coming off the West Coast of Africa that can turn into hurricanes. This is the peak time of the year for them. We still have two months of hurricane season. Because of climate change, the storms are bigger and stronger. Sorry to hear about Buddie's fiance. Bless her heart, she certainly has a lot to deal with. Prayers going up. I'm laughing about the TV remotes. The one in the bedroom has the volume and channel buttons on different sides than any remote I have ever had. I have to retrain myself every time I use it and even then, I get it screwed up. The one for the TV in the living room has hardly any buttons at all. It's a smart TV and everything is on the screen. SV and his sister never would eat any food that is mousse. The Rx wet food he has now smells delicious. I think I could eat it. I admire cats who live life on their own terms. It's always so sad when we have to say goodbye to them. SV's sister lives life on her own terms and she is a force to contend with.

Judy, I had a neighbor who once lived in NJ. She said it is beautiful, hence The Garden State. I always loved fall and still miss the turning of the trees. In CO, people flock to the mountains to see the aspens turn gold. Don't know whether that will happen as much now with all the wild fires. They were jumping I-70, the main road to the mountain towns and ski resorts. I was off the boards for some time back when my Mom died. We had some people on here who had attacked some of our other members and one of them hacked into my computer and crashed the hard drive. They were bragging about it on another site. I was in so much pain with losing my Mom that I couldn't deal with it and had to stay offline. I missed getting to know some of the members here.

I'm still feeling a bit woozy so will bid y'all adieu and hope things clear up soon here. I'm sorry that I got things mixed up the last couple of days. Love, hugs and prayers to all our Dear Porchies, here and MIA.

Love, Mikie

windblade

Mikie, that's not a problem that you got names mixed up. I do it all the time. When I want to say refrigerator, I say stove, etc. I don't realize it until my DH tells me, and then we kind of make a joke about it. Blessings, Judy

rockgor

sun, it's going to be hot again. this week has been a blessing, low 80s but by this weekend it's going to be 98 - 99, if not hotter. i'll just have to get what need to be done by then. the only thing i have to do is get my new crown placed next wednesday. gave another bushel of tomatos to my neighbor. she's going to make a simple sauce for pasta.

sent to alhambra for vittle supplies yesterday. tried to get fly swatters at a couple of places. called the local hardware store and they had them but i was on the wrong side of town and decided to get them later. i try not to go to too many places in one trip.

later all,

gordon

lydia1

Good Tuesday morning...nice day, here, weather wise. 67 degrees, expected high of 78. Won't be outside much (will dry clothes in the dryer today) as we have a 99% chance of showers this afternoon. Some of our lows next week will be in the low 40's, with highs in the mid 60's...it's starting, lol!

I decided to go to our main shopping town yesterday...haven't been there in awhile because I've been going the other direction to the chiro...but some things I can't get (even at the Wal Marts...sometimes they carry completely different things, as many know.) Took several hours to hit all the different stores, but I usually follow the same pattern (Aldi's first, and get whatever produce looks good, then two other stores that carry the coffee creamer we like, Dollar Store for any cards I need, then the home supply if we need anything, then WM for the frozen fruit blend and Whey protein powder that Den likes in his smoothies.) I grabbed a late lunch somewhere in there, but can't remember when, lol!

The places I shop are all within a few blocks of each other, but I'm usually exhausted by the time I get home. I do these trips by myself...hubby doesn't care for all the running around, lol!

Sorry I don't have energy (or brain cells) to stay on here, but I do have some good news. We'll be getting a new grandson soon...I'll provide details after the adoption ceremony. He's 8 years old...not biologically related, but we have all known him since he was born. Just waiting to hear when it's going to be made official...due to the virus, some of us get to go to the social worker's office and participate via teleconference...Amy said grandparents get to be there, for sure :) This little guy has been living with them since December, but it takes awhile to get things done.

Hello and hugs to everyone...hope you're having a "good enough" day...

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Still exhausted from the Sjogren's. I can usually do things when I'm in pain but exhaustion makes it unsafe for me to do much. It's discouraging to get up after ten hours of sleep and still be exhausted. I'm just not as alert when I'm this tired. Geez, just using the computer right now is a strain. I did manage to fix a second breakfast of bacon and eggs. I got some uncured bacon on sale and it is delicious. I honestly don't know the difference. Unfortunately, it didn't produce enough grease to fry the eggs in so I made scrambled and burned them. GRRR!

Been binge watching an AMC series, The Son. I like it because it follows a family from right after the Civil War to the 80's and it bounces back and fourth in time. Unfortunately, the third season has been cancelled. Like so many of their series, it is very violent. I think it's difficult to keep people interested when there is one big violent scene after another. I often lose interest in series after some years, violent or not. I watched NCIS for years and years but haven't caught it in a long time now.

Amy texted me to tell me Zach did really well on his first day at school. He's now in first grade. He's such a serious little guy and his younger bro is a laugh a minute. I'm so glad we have this little family in our building.

Gordon, you can learn to snap flies with the corner of a dish towel. It's all in the wrist. Good luck with your crown.

Julie, how exciting! Another grandchild. What a lucky little guy he is to be part of your family. Hope you can post pics of the ceremony. I can imagine all the grands have grown so much. High of 78 degrees is perfect. We won't get there til after Halloween. I prefer Target to W*M but I do like buying my casual tee shirts at W*M. They have the best prices and put them on closeout for practically nothing. Fortunately, I don't worry about coordinating my underwear to my tees. :)

OK, Kids, gonna finish watching the noonday news.

Love, Mikie

• Love

lydia1

Popping in again...short break while we eat lunch. Den had a smoothie and sandwich (BBQ beef from a roast I cooked a couple days ago) and I had a pastrami sandwich with a dish of cole slaw (made the slaw from scratch, but still working on the "perfect" dressing.) Looked up a copycat KFC cole slaw dressing...didn't realize KFC had grated onion in theirs. I have several different packages of meat thawing in the fridge...today might be a good day to use the oven and precook some meals...

Mikie, I'm sorry you're still exhausted...I know that feeling well. And saying to myself, "Well, tomorrow will be better...once I get a good night's sleep tonight..." then repeating myself the very next day, lol!

We used to have a better choice of places to shop...Target, K Mart, Wal Mart...but we lost our Target and K Mart a few years ago, so only have the one choice now. We do have a Kohl's, but I usually don't have enough energy to go there after I've hit grocery stores, etc. And a Hobby Lobby came in a couple years ago, but again, the extra energy just isn't there...unless I have something specific I need to pick up. Goodwill is also in that little group of stores...I usually stop in to browse after I've dropped off donations...but they've discontinued taking in donations for now. Considering it's a 30 minute drive to get to that town (and 45 minutes to where my local chiro is) I try to make the best of my trips.

The town closest to us (7 miles) only has a choice of Dollar General and one grocery store...and the grocery store is so high priced, I hardly ever go there. I do shop at the Amish and Mennonite stores that are on the way to the chiro...but it's just not fun to browse anymore...hoping that turns around eventually...

Break's over...Den is headed to his siesta and I'm going to the other part of the house to do something quiet. I got a nice letter in the mail from one of my mom's cousins and need to reply. Very overcast today, but the birds are still out and about. Just trying to pace myself so I can get back to some of the outdoor projects in a day or two....take care, everyone!

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Managed to throw a final coat of nail polish on my tootsies. Publix has Sally Hanson gel polish on BOGO so I think I'll check it out. I actually like their one with the argan oil in it. Lasts like crazy. Just wish I could see better and had a steadier hand. In the old days, I could do a pedicure like a pro. Same for my hands. I know I've already whined but I just feel so shaky and nervous like. Think I'll take a nice soak. It's almost as though everything is just too much to deal with.

Julie, when I moved here, the shopping wasn't great. This was a little working class backwater town. We did have one more upscale store that was family owned and the prices weren't so bad that I couldn't afford things there when I was working. They are gone now as is K-Mart. I think Penny's and Sears are on the way out. We have Macy's and Dillard's and I think both are in trouble. Our Hobby Lobby and Kohl's are a bit of a drive but not by your standards. When I moved here from Denver, I was amused by what people considered a long drive because it seemed like a short hop to me. Now I'm the one complaining about a long drive. We are losing our Stein Mart and Applebee's Restaurant. I hate to see businesses leaving or closing. We still have Bealls but I don't know how they are doing. Good thing I just stay home and love my shorts and tee shirts. I love cole slaw and it's healthy. I throw some mayonnaise and milk together with some sugar and call it good.

Gonna go soak and hope to rejuvenate myself.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Granniluvsu

Good afternoon Dear Ones,

Haven't gotten much done today except for going to the store with DH after his meeting this morning. It is so HOT out there. I believe it is about 96 degrees but with the humidity makes it feel like 107 !! We came home as soon as we could from shopping. It will be such a very busy week for us esp Thursday is oe funeral and coe to fine out the lady who passed a day or two ago will have her funeral on Friday. I can't find the info so a friend will be sending it soon. Geez, and then found out this morning that the singing friend whose husband was on life supports yesterday passed away . Not sure if there will be a funeral to go to as it was said that it would be fore close friends and family. Just received another message saying death was post op complications. He did have heart problems and do not know what the surgery was, maybe heart but do not know for sure. However, that makes 3 that I know of and hope that there are no more for awhile. I know of at least another K of C friend who has bone cancer, I think, and rejected treatment so he could enjoy as much time a he could. His wife is not that well either.

JULIE - MIKIE et al - It sure sounds nice and comfortable outside today, Julie !!! However, I know I could not survive the Iowa winters and the COLD weather. You are young and have gotten used to it. You are right about the shopping, MIKIE too. So many stores that I have been used to have closed and are on the brink of doing so. The way I feel I am very happy to do some of my shopping on line. We are lucky not to have to drive to far for ost stores we frequent. Many are on the main road from our subdivision. do not bother with the expensive stores, just very occasionally. There is a JCP that is still fairly new a little farther out in the opposite directions of all the busy traffic. It is a nice store but don't go there to often. I am content to order on line when I hear of sales if it is something, Steinmart too if it is really needed. I do the regular manual shopping at HEB, occasionally WM or Krogers all off the main road. I could never drive 3 hours anywhere. I hours i bad enough when we have to to into Houston or our sons.

Congratulations on your newest grandson, to be That sounds so wonderful I wish our son and DIL had proceeded to adoption since they had no children. They both would have been such .
wonderful parent but she kept losing babies, having female problems and finally ended up with a hysterectomy. They were taking the classes and stuff but after she lost the last baby she just gave up. DS probably went with what she wanted most likely at the time. That would have made me want a child more but everyone is different and she had been through a lot. She was getting to the cut off age where they no longer place children which is kind of crazy since much older people can have biologically have children nowadays.

Julie , if you ever find a really good coleslaw dressing please send it. I haven't been able to find or make any I really like that well a I haven't made that much coleslaw..

Hi to WILLOW, SUN, SW, GORDON/ROCK /BARRY and anyone else I have missed !!

Love,
Granni

sunflowergirl

Gordon: I just read it’s to get up to 110 in my city by sunday................OMG!!!!!

You’ve come to the finale....getting crowned! I have a dental appt. on thursday......not looking good for things that need to be done. And it’s REALLY hard for me, being dental phobic.

rockgor

sun, good luck with your appt. i think the most feared sound is the dentist drill. no, this crown is the first of 4 i have to replace, $$$$$. i avoid going as long as i can and of course once there the dentist find all sorts of things that must be addressed.

i didn't get dental insurance with medicare so everything is out of pocket. wonder if it would be worth adding this coverage with medicare. i checked into getting private dental but there's a one year waiting period. the coverage would only pay 80% of the claim and it has a maximum that they will pay per year. either way you're going to pay.

the temp crown that i have has come unglued. guess i should get some fixodent to hold it in.

i hope this next heat wave won't last as long as the previous one. last saturday was a killer. was told it got up to 130 in death valley the last time around.

guess we'll have to take 3 shower a day.

gordon

sunflowergirl

Gordon: we used to have private dental insurance but it really didn’t pick up much. Even the dentist office told me it’s almost worthless considering what you have to pay for it. Did you know most dentists charge less $ if you pay cash as opposed to putting it on credit card. But my credit card gives me cash back so its probably about the same.

I had hoped and prayed I would die before having to go to the dentist again. It all comes from about 30 years ago having my mouth glued shut by a dental trainee in the dentist office. I kinda heard/felt something pop when my dentist had to put his knee on my chest and use both hands to pry open my mouth. About 2 weeks after that I woke with excruciating pain in my head like someone had hit me with a hammer. Under my jaw, then in the back of my head, then in the top. Went to an emergency dentist on saturday who xrayed, couldn’t find anything so I went to an ENT who diagnosed dislocated jaw.....the awful pain would hit out of nowhere. I can’t imagine how I continued to work at my rep job except we needed the $. That awful pain lasted over 6 mos. and left me with TMJ. Worst pain ever and I’ve had lots of surgeries and cancer treatments but nothing like this pain.

I badly need a cleaning on thursday. He only uses the cavitron, no scraping......can’t stand that. A year ago I was left with awful head/neck pain for over a month, so don’t know how I’m going to do this time. Have one tooth where the gum line is terribly exposed. Honestly, I feel like crying over this broken body.

rockgor

sun, what a horrible experience and the extended pain. my dentist also said that getting dental insurance is also not cost effective. don't know if she would give me any discount if i paid in cash. i just got a deep cleaning done. i had to get 6 shots in the mouth. i couldn't talk, eat or drink for 3 hours. not one of the best experience at the dental office. she now has me down for a 'normal' cleaning in nov and wants to see me every 3 months - FAT CHANCE. i asked her if she thought i was made of money or what.

gordon

Mikie

Good Wednesday Morning, Kids,

Today is a full moon but it's very dark out so think it must be clouded over. Another night of good sleep--nine hours but didn't get up feeling all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Oh what I'd give to have NRG again. This year I will sing, "All I want for Christmas is my NRG."

Gordon and Sun, about the best one can do with dental insurance is to break even. My Medicare Advantage Plan has pretty good dental insurance but I'd have to use their dentists. I decided to give it a try a couple of years ago and it was great getting my teeth cleaned for free, x-rays too. I had a small cavity and let the dentist fill it. I ended up having to have gum surgery at my old dentist for $1,2000 to fix the mess he left that had my gum inflamed. So, I pay the excellent dentist I do have and try to take as good care as I can with my teeth and gums. Sun, what you went through years ago is horrible. Hope all goes well for both of you at the dentist.

Granni, I think I could stand winters in CO again as long as I didn't have to drive in snow and ice and as long as I didn't have to shovel snow. It never stays cold very long and the snow melts fast. I always loved the first snow of the season. The air is so brisk. It's Jan. through Mar. that is depressing there. Everything is brown, gray and dry. I prefer the jungle here and the beach even if I don't go to the beach anymore. I see that W*M is going to try to give Amazon a run for its money. For $98 a year, you can join and order things with no delivery cost. I think people who shop there a lot may do it but I'll stick with Amazon Prime. As it is, the W*M is very close to me so I can always go there or have curb pickup. I like to browse their household sections and check for cheap tee shirts. I buy some groceries when I go too. Once had a guy ask me out; guess you can get everything there. :) My friends thought it was creepy; I thought it was funny.

I managed to stay awake for Jeopardy last night but not by much. Claudia got the FJ question. These are reruns and I can't even remember the answers from when they were new shows. Pathetic. I need to wash my hair. We'll see. I may curl up in a ball and sleep. Doubt it would help though.

Hope everyone has a good Hump Day.

Love, Mikie

The sun is up and it's a most beautiful day. We got some rain last night and it's dripping off the eaves. The pine needles are still wet and look like diamonds where the sun hits them.

Last edited: