PORCH 1219 IS NOW CLOSED (9/3/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1219 IS NOW CLOSED (9/3/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

couhtryliving.com_.jpg

Good Thursday Morning, Dear Porchies,

Time for a new Porch. Please go back to read the last posts on Porch 1218. Thought it would be nice to have a front door decorated for fall. With all these high temps, it may not feel like fall for many of us. My decorating inside is complete except for the pumpkin tureen I always put on the dining room table. I have to bag up things sitting on it for Goodwill. My fall wreath is on my front door.

I felt lousy last evening and went to bed at 6:00 p.m. I fell into a delicious sleep but woke around 11:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. My stomach was really upset. I took some Pepto and read for a couple of hours until I could go back to sleep until I got up at 5:00. I got up feeling groggy and ran into the door jamb with my arm and shoulder. It hurt like the dickens. My Sjogren's is making me exhausted and last evening, my allergies went crazy. I slept through Jeopardy but warned my friends that I likely would be asleep by then.

Willow, I hope your gum from the tooth extraction heals right up. I'm glad it came out easily. I never get flu shots and doubt I will this year because I have such an inflammatory reaction to them. It isn't the shot itself; it's how my body reacts. I won't be rushing to get the Covid vaccine until I'm sure it is safe. I worry they are rushing it. Also, I'd like to get an antibody test to see whether it was Covid that Grace and I had earlier in the year. Unfortunately, the antibody tests aren't reliable. It probably wasn't Covid but it was a horrible flu. Kept coming back. Again, I hope you heal fast and can get some rest.

It got to 94 here yesterday. It might have gotten to 95 in town but it's usually a degree or two cooler here. I live in an unincorporated area south of town. My A/C was able to keep up with it. I'm glad for that. I hope all y'all have a great day.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

What a sleepy porch this afternoon. Hope everyone is feeling as well as can be expected. Can't really stay just got home not to long ago from the Rx which went fine, so far. Also went to funeral #1 and another tomorrow. The wake is this evening but we will not be there.

MIKIE - Thanks for starting up the new Porch with tht lovely picture. Tomorrow will be another busy day with Celebration of Life and reception but have the a.m. to get ready and make the salad I need to bring. DH and I agree about the vaccine. I will get the flu shot like I always do cause it really seems to help but will wait till the covid 19 vaccine has some time under its belt and hopefully is doing well. I don;t do well with some vaccines like the old Pneumonia one I will not get #2. I'll take my chances. I have enough pain daily that I don't need any more.. Tonight and tomorrow will be very busy so I will probably not see you all till the weekend, if I am lucky.

WILLOW - Hope all went well with your tooth extraction. I think you said it went well. I have all that to contend with sometime soon. I need to start thinking of dinner and I am so behind in other things. All my pills need to be done again, pluss make the salad for tomorrow . I'm to pooped to participate!!

Love to awl,
Granni :)

sunflowergirl

Mikie: pretty autumn looking picture. Looks like some of the setups outside a trader joes, sell dried leaves, etc. along with the mums. It’s heading to HOT soon. Already is high this afternoon. Hope you’re feeling better.

Granni: it’s that time of age, that all around are being called home. Hope the 2nd chemo treatment went good today for your DH. Did you ASK the person in charge about “turning” so all of the bladder would be covered with it?

Judy: I think a lot of us are finding that anything out of the ordinary like even a simple phone call takes all the energy from us. I hope you’re starting to improve.

Willow: hope your gums are healing from extraction yesterday. Mmmmm....Ice cream! I ate 1/2 a gallon yesterday in two days...my scale is telling me that was a no no, but it is my comfort food I go to. I’m posting a link to a song I LOVE....you might have heard this at your church. I see there are various artists who have recorded this but I love this woman’s voice. I would like to listen to more by her and maybe buy a CD.

The dentist visit went OK. I took 2 tylenol before even going so it would be in my system. I need a little further “patching” work done, but no hurry. So need to psyche myself into that. Did some slow deep breathing today while he was working on my teeth. In talking to the receptionist, I paid in cash for a discount. We happened to be talking about BOA, she told me it had all shut down for about a month, even the ATMs because all the government unemployment checks were run thru BOA and the bank literally ran out of $$$$$$. I’ve been seeing long lines for months but waaay back when, I took out $$ in case something like this would happen.

(((( I hope you all think about putting aside CASH........I’m feeling anxious about early November.))))

Already there is a SHORTAGE of change. Yesterday I was at the Dollar Store, bought one thing...price was $1.10.....I had a dollar bill and a five and he said just pay with the dollar....no tax because they don’t have the change. There are signs everywhere that if you pay for something and need change back you can donate to The Red Cross.

So coming home from the dentist, I needed to reward myself to went to Kohl’s but found nothing I wanted, then on to Marshalls which looks kinda empty. I did find a pair of stretch pants on quite a sale price, so bought them and will cut them off to the length I was searching for.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

Woke feeling slightly better today. Evidently I'm not the only one with severe allergies. Claudia takes her Zoomba classes through Zoom now and the instructor was coughing so bad that she couldn't continue. Claudia is sneezing so loudly that it scares the cats. I can relate to that. SV will leave the room. I got nothing done yesterday. I could barely walk without falling or walking into something. Good grief! I left a message for Barb's kids on her obit page. I did manage to stay awake for FJ and both Claudia and I got the FJ answer. Then I fell into a coma.

PBS has been running a series on healthcare in other countries and contrasting it to ours. These other countries all have govt. provided healthcare and some have supplemental care one can purchase beyond what the basic plans provide. All spend far less than we do here per capita for healthcare and all have better outcomes. The main thing I've always known about these programs is that they are great if you have an acute problem but for chronic non-life threatening conditions and elective surgery, they aren't great. People sometimes wait years for knee surgeries and by then, they are crippled from walking off kilter with canes and favoring their joints. Nothing is perfect but people in these countries never have to worry about going bankrupt from medical bills. I think we can do better here. For me on my Medicare Advantage Plan, there is no problem but good private healthcare insurance is out of range for many families.

I'm almost finished reading Penny Marshall's memoir. Because she not only acted but produced and directed movies, she knew a lot of people in the business. She was always restless and looking to have fun. She is one of those people who always had people living in her home and she traveled with her friends all over the world. I couldn't live like that; it's too chaotic for a homebody like me. I think that's why she had a love/hate relationship with show biz. It drove her nuts but she seemed to be suited for it. She pretty much lived her life on her own terms.

Granni, I hope and pray you and DH get through this week and can relax over the weekend. So many things to do and sad services to attend. Glad DH's treatment went well.

Sun, thanks for the song. I'll have to play it later because I get up so early and don't want to wake the neighbors next door. I have some hurricane cash set aside. I pay for most everything with my credit cards. Both the one through Costco and the one through Amazon give me credit to buy more things. I seldom have more than $20 in cash on me. I need to go to Costco but have not wanted to go right now. Things are a bit better but I have so little NRG that I use it to shop at Publix where they have everything. Joe uses BoA and he's fed up with them. Their customer service here stinks at the bank branches. They closed one branch. Sam, Joe's good friend, and I use Wells Fargo and there's a really friendly branch in the same strip mall where Joe shops at the Publix. SV's vet is there too. Glad your visit to the dentist wasn't traumatic.

Dermatologist's office left a message yesterday that it's time for my skin check. I need to make an appt. because I have something I can't see or reach that itches all the time and sometimes stings. It's been bothering me a while. Because of both of my girls' having melanoma, I need to keep those appts. I hate going in though. Also have to call my PCP to see what he wants to do about my BP. He's a pain in the tush.

Hope all y'all have a good windup to the week.

Love, Mikie

windblade

Hi All,
Sun, enjoyed your music video. It sent me listening to some good Gospel music. I also love Bill Withers 'Lean on Me', and 'Stand by Me', sung at Prince Harry/Meghan Markle wedding. Excellent choir.
So glad you made it through your dentist ordeal. And treated yourself with ice cream,:) we need good treats in our lives. I tried treating myself with a mystery to read yesterday, but ugh, it was so violent, i deleted my ebook, so I wouldn't be tempted to try and finish it. Now I remember why I stopped reading mysteries. I'll stick to some lighter chick-lit books, for some feel-good relaxation. For anyone who reads e-books, there are 2 great free Book club sales daily. Bookbub, and Early Bird. After we lost our whole library, my dh and I from 2 hurricanes with flooding, I built up a new library from those book sales. It was fun, hunting out good finds. Sometimes books are only $1.99, or a bit more. Books in every category.

Last edited:

windblade

Having trouble posting today, my keyboard keeps disappearing every few minutes. I used Mikie's trick of highlighting often.
Granni, blessings to you and your DH, in all the funerals you're needing to attend. And for your husband in his treatments. MIKIE, would an air filter help with red tide, and the other kind that has bacterium? I need mine for chemicals - have MCS. But I know that they also make some for viral and possibly bacterial filters or UV lights.

lydia1

A quick good morning...can't sit here long...very nauseous and not sure why that would be, unless it's the ragweed/dust/mold, etc. I've been around lately. Might try a couple pieces of toast and see if that helps settle things. Den just left to go finish the roofing job he started a few weeks ago...the owner of the building picked him up and will be there as Den's "go-fer" while Den is up on the ladder. Not really doing any roofing, per se, more a bunch of filling cracks and caulking where the roof meets the building...over 15 ft. up and around 60 ft. in length...lots of up and down the ladder, etc.

I got up early to cook Den's breakfast and pack his lunch, then went back to bed until just in time to tell them goodbye. I'm hoping to get straightened up enough to keep working in the outbuildings. We got some heavy things moved yesterday with the borrowed bigger tractor...several riding mowers that my dad had given Den (Cub Cadets...they each have different attachments to do different things, so we just can't get rid of them, lol!) They were taking up space in the garage that I want to use for all the extra lumber...won't hurt anything in the old house, and will never be inside the new house, so no worries there.

Anyway, a perfect day (only 57 degrees, up to 84) so I'd better try to get my act together...take care, everyone!

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Don't feel great but it's an improvement over the last couple of days. I feel hot and am sweating a tad. Took my temp and it's 100.1 in one ear and 99.1 in the other. Gonna watch it; I usually don't run temps.

I just took my recycle stuff down to the bin and got my mail. The gardeners ran their riding mower through our front strip of grass between the carport and the landscaping up against the building and made deep ruts in the grass. They did the same thing last week but we got a soaker rain last night and now the ruts are really deep. They can hand mow with a weed wacker instead of this. Gonna tell mgmt. to have them replace the sod and stop using the heavy mower until dry season. I took a pic of the damage.

Just read a sad thing in the paper. A woman posted on FB that her Dad had died of the Covid virus. She got all kinds of nasty hate mail posts from virus deniers. I can't believe anyone could be so heartless. FB needs to do a better job of stopping hate mail posts. I left a message to Barb's kids on the mortuary's website. They hold messages 24 hrs. to be sure they are appropriate. I know FB can't do that but they could remove privileges for anyone reported to be doing these things.

I was getting obsessive texts from a young woman who thought my number belonged to her boyfriend who evidently had dumped her. I tried texting to tell her but she kept on. I blocked her number and then she sent an email to my phone from her Gmail acct. I reported it and haven't heard any more. My ex has Gmail and he says they kicked her off. This delusional girl sent pics and I'm just glad none of it was sexting. Ewww!

Judy, I have a neg. ion air cleaner in the living room but I forget to turn it on. Doh!! It helps everything. I could also take allergy meds but they tend to up the BP. These allergies came on suddenly out of the blue. I wasn't prepared. I also don't cogitate well when I don't feel well. Glad you have access to reasonable books too. I love to read. I wanted some mindless chick lit too but the stories all seem the same. Someone inherits a house, farm, castle, etc., meets a handsome man, resists at first and finally falls in love and gives in to it. Or, someone in the family has a secret. The Penny Marshall memoir was a nice detour from my usual reads. Got a new freebie from Amazon that appears to be more of a ghostly mystery. It's next in the queue. I'm having trouble typing too but it's due to my disconnect between my pea brain and my fingers.

Julie, I'm so sorry you don't feel well. Allergies can do that to me. It's that time of year. Glad you got the heavy stuff moved. It's nice that the different mowers have different attachments for different jobs. Hope all goes well with Den's job. Your weather sound so nice. It's supposed to get to 95 here today. Take it easy if you can. We always say something is 'just allergies' but they can really make us sick. They also lower our resistance so we can get other things. I don't see how I could be sick with any kind of virus. I haven't been out of the house or near another human being for more than a week. Feel better.

Haven't see some of our Dear Porchies on the new Porch. I hope everyone is well.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

windblade, thanks for the bookclub info. i know mikie has something akin with amazon. the one question i have is - where to you store all the books? what is the procedure and will it stay there for access at anytime? will i need a app? i'm doing this as the library doesn't always carry the books i want to read and it might take them a bit of time to get with budget constraints.

sun, glad your dentist appt was not too much to handle. do you need anymore work to be done?

gosh, i hope all with current difficulties find the needed help to overcome. i know it seems to comes in waves.

in prep for the hot weekend i have decided to cook one dish yesterday and one today. i also made a soup. i've also brought out the big gun today - the electric rice cooker. i usually cook rice on the stovetop as it make a tasty rice crust. this should cut down on the heat in the kitchen and all i have to do is heat things up the in micro and dinner is done.

everyone stay cool as the heat is out there.

gordon

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Decided to run down to Burger King to grab a burger for lunch. It's soooo good! I needed that. As long as I can remember, when I feel tired, a burger and fries will pick me up. I haven't taken my temp again but I'm no longer feeling hot.

Gordon, you're one smart cookie. Good idea to cook ahead and warm up. When you download books into a Kindle, they are stored on the device. Once you are through reading, you can store them in the cloud. On the Home Page, you press on the book and it will ask if you want it removed from the device. If you press on that, it will be stored in the cloud. You can retrieve it any time. You can go online to ask how to do things with the Kindle. I do that all the time, especially with my phone and iPad. As you can imagine, I have a lot of books in the cloud.

Gonna sit here and finish my drink. Hope all y'all are having a good day.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

A late good morning to everydobby,

I slept fairly heavy last night considering all the goings on yesterday and had a hard time opening my eyes this morning when DH came in, wide eyed and bushy tailed. He always gets up much earlier than I and today was a little later for me. Had my breakfast and finished up the 3 beans salad that was supposed to be four bean salad since I couldn't find any waxed beans. Just just extra of the other beans. I made the dressing and chopped the veggies, onions and peppers last night which made it easier today. Threw it all together and let it all marinate in the refrig. Threw in a very small delicate wash also.. Will eat lunch and then start getting ready for the funeral. After the funeral is a reception. I am sure not as many will be going due to the virus and many of our population are older and have underlying conditions. However, this lady wa the wife of one of the prominent members of the K of C and she was a dear lady. We had been having funerals in the chapel but are now in the new big church so we all can spread out.

JULIE - Hope you start to feel better soon. Allergies can be the pits and of course you know what mold can do if you breathe enough of it . Try to rest a bit in between all your work..

WINDBLADE - Thanks for your sweet words and prayers. To many of the funerals esp at once bring to mind also how fragile we are and how the end can come at any time.

SUN - Yes, I spoke to the NP who agreed with me on the reason of not having to do it with everyone. She said it was not necessary for him, due to the locations of the tumors but he could go home and slosh it around while lying on the couch, or bed, which he did. Thanks for reminding me.

MIKIE - That is weird with your temps different in each er. Yes, just esp watching it esp if you are not prone to low grade temps.

Gotta run. Love to you all,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Granni,

Was gonna sign off and saw you had posted. I know cancer treatment is no laughing matter but I got a mental pic of DH 'sloshing around on the couch' and it made me laugh. Think I've mentioned that my Dad was big in the K of C. The first time I saw them in their uniforms when I was a child, I was so impressed and mesmerized.

I was beating up on myself for not getting anything done and finally decided to cut myself some slack. I paid one cc bill on the phone. They once screwed up a payment up that I had paid digitally online so have paid them by phone ever since. The others came but aren't due til later in the month. Plenty of time to pay those. I can control the day they are paid online. I've done that for years and right now, with the USPS slowed down, I wouldn't trust payments through the mail.

Hope the four bean minus one bean salad turns out okay and it isn't too much going to the service and reception.

Love, Mikie

windblade

Hi,Gordon, i have a Samsung Nook tablet. I store google books, and barnes & noble ones. If you go to bookbub, for instance. Click on latest deals up in right hand corner. A menu will come down, showing all categories of books, biographies, cooking, mysteries, science, bestsellers, etc. Then, if you see a book you like, you click on if you want it through, google, kindle, or barnes and noble. It is a green rectangle with any of these names to choose from. It will bring you to google, etc. Where you can click on 'read a free sample. ' Which I always do. Next to it is the price to buy. $1.99 or $2.99.
I've built up a library of hundreds of books over the years. For me, it's fun - like a treasure hunt.
Do you have an account anywhere? Have you bought any books so far?

Judy

windblade

Mikie, is your air cleaner on?! You don't want to make your immune system have to fight off another illness. Sorry for nagging, but I have MCS, and mold illness, and cat allergies ( would love to have a kitty:().
The people downstairs that share a 2 family house with us, have around 10 people living there. I am SO allergic to their laundry detergents, which are almost constant. I bought a high duty air cleaner and put it in the hall right across from the downstairs door. I would be so much sicker without that.
People don't realize how harmful chemicals can be. I wish there was more teaching on it. I had to learn it all after I got sick.
Take good care of yourself. Nag, Nag, Nag:)
Judy

bct

Hi Kids.
State of emergency declared in Calif. by the governor : extreme heat wave approaching. Ah well, so be it....

Sun, what a horrible dental experience!!! Did you seek restitution? I think you were entitled to it!

Judy: Book talk. I use Fantastic Fiction web site. It gives you a list of all the books the author has written, gives a tiny synopsis, tells about the author, and shows where you can buy it : Amazon, Alibris, Book Depository, and on and on. My favourite book-finding site.
I have a very large collection of books, too many to count. We have given countless numbers of books to the local library, if they are in excellent condition.

Frustrated. Tried to get ab appt. with my optomotrist (sp), but nothing available 'til next year. Say what! The system seems to be broken down because of the pandemic.... I have to see the opto. before I can see an opthal. Bummer!

Mikie, I agree with you %100 about the health care in this country versus other countries that have national health systems. But no more on that, 'cause it's political. I don't want to see you banned, Mikie! :cool:

Julie, sorry you are feeling icky. Get feeling better soon.

Gordon, how do you keep cool? AC? We don't have one here; lots of folks don't around here. So it's pants off and fan on!

Exhaustion.
Love , Peace, Blessings to all.
Barry,

rockgor

barry, we keep cool with a window unit. it's going to get up to 103 - 106. PANTS OFF AND FAN ON??
i do that already and wonder what else to do. usually will take 2 -3 showers to take to the stickiness off and then back into the room.

don't know how ANYONE can do without an A/C even in upper CA. you must be in the interior and not by the coast. you should investigate starring in a reality show, like little house on the praireish, and show how it's done without a/c and other amenities.

keep cool,

gordon

sunflowergirl

Gordon: I have receding gums and there is one BAD looking tooth. I need to gather up my courage and get it patched along with a couple other spots on teeth. Last time he gave me a super soft brush to use, but I still found it hard so I bought a baby toothbrush and am extremely careful brushing, making sure I look in my hanging magnifying mirror. Once your gums recede there’s nothing that can bring them back. I developed a routine twice a day. Water pick, then carefully brush, then floss then a little salt water rinse. I was very afraid this tooth was past the point of saving and thought he would either send me to a specialist to have the proceedure where they stitch up the gums closer. A friend had that done years ago and she said the residual pain was awful and NOT to have it done, so I was psyching myself into having it pulled and then an implant.

By the way, when we didn’t have AC, I would wear a wet bathing suit around the house with a coverup, and when it got dry I would just get into the shower to wet it again. Kept very cool that way. I even went to the grocery store and of course no one knew what I was wearing.;)

Barry: Yes, I could have sued the dentist but being an anxious person all the time, there’s no way I could go thru it. If you watch PBS news when they have interviews with various people, everyone seems to have a large library behind where they’re sitting. Don’t know which I like best. One of the guys is on at the 6:45 time slot fridays on PBS news. His book shelves all seem to be color coded.....I’m wondering if all his books have colored book covers? Mikie, have you noticed this? I think it looks strange. He said about a year ago that he was going thru a divorce so I’m thinking a “designer” had done his home.

Judy: I know someone who has MCS.....it seemed like everything/everything would send her into a “tizzy” and feel awful for days afterwards just from the smell of something. Even dishwasher detergent would make her burn internally. Said she could tell she had gotten around something when her mouth would start burning. How are the symptoms that you experience.

I stopped at my favorite “little book library” yesterday and picked up a really nice hard bound cookbook. “A Passion for Cheese”. I’ve been perusing it....don’t know what to make first since I’m a cheese lover. The owner of the little free library was stocking it when I drove up, asked if she had any Agatha Christie books, and yes, so she found two of them for me to read.

Granni: I’m glad your DH is getting all the benefits of the chemo. I mainly had the growths in one area but was told to do this, because it’s a type of cancer that can come back....anywhere in the bladder.

Mikie: sounds good to me....hamburger and fries! We have to pamper ourselves a bit.....if we don’t nobody else will.

By the way, Clair looks like she’s put on a little bit of weight and I notice she has eaten a little of her dry food too. She’s eating one 5.5 oz. canned food a day! I’m wondering if she was basically starving?

I had hoped to meet up this morning with two artist friends who usually go to a nice shady park on fridays, but neither one was going today, so I stopped at a yard sale on the way. The young girl manning the tables had a stack of books on writing, I asked if they were her’s, nope. They were her boyfriend’s. Asked if he was a writer...she told me he did some writing, then wrote a movie script, produced it. I’m going to search for it online.....” Tony’s Tango”. Now he’s a talent agent. And I bought two old blue and white canisters from Germany....50cents each. Of course you know I’ll be listing them on my etsy store. I sold a handmade decorative pillow today....so have to get it to the PO. I went thru a phase a couple of years ago where I was combining antique laces, etc. This one I used an old huck toweling fabric with various laces.

Now that the dentist visit is over and I did OK except for all over pain all night long from the tension, I’ve got so many creative things to jump into just don’t know where to begin. I can always tell when I’m getting into a creative phase, so I might do some WC painting this weekend.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Finished binge watching that series. It was pretty good. I cleaned up the kitchen and loaded the DW.

Somebody asked me about covered books on a bookshelf and now I can't find it anywhere so I apologize. Martha Steward covered her books on one of her shows. Interior designers sometimes make covers all the same color. I personally don't like it because I like to see all the colors and titles of books on my shelves. I like to arrange them pleasingly, mixed in with framed photos and a few doo dads.

Judy, you're not nagging. I appreciate your reminding me about the air cleaner. Good grief I'm dense sometimes. So, with your Nook, can you store books you've downloaded to the cloud? I think Gordon has a Kindle; I know Rock does. Where is Rock? He hasn't been around lately. Can you ask the people downstairs to use the clear & free versions of their detergents? I am so allergic to scented detergents and dryer sheets that they make me really sick. You must be the same.

Barry, I don't consider healthcare a political issue. Yes different people have different ideas of how we should receive our healthcare but we really need to get together to produce better healthcare options for everyone. I think we can do it at a better price with better outcomes. I find the series on PBS interesting. I've never wanted a purely state-provided plan without some alternatives but there is no reason we can't have some kind of hybrid plans available. That's what the Medicare Advantage Plans are. The insurance companies make money and provide more benefits at a cheaper price and stop the fraud. Alternatively, we can choose Medicare with supplemental plans. Choices. I have to see the opto before I see the optho too but I have an excellent opto. Geez, next year? Seriously? That's mucked up. So, Mr. Pantsoff, stay cool.

Gordon, where is Rock? We miss him here but are glad you stop in. I hope you can stay cool; I know you don't do well in this heat. Maybe Barry has a point; take off the pants. :)

Sun, I'm so glad to hear that Clair has rallied. SV still only licks his wet food. He prefers chomping on his hard dry food. I combed a few clumps of fur out of his coat so he's not happy. That feeling of creativity's returning is a good sign. Geez, I'd be happy to have any kind of gumption set in. I don't want to do anything. I used to be creative but not as creative as you. Now, I'm just too tired to care. Whine, whine, whine.

Spring, where are you? We miss you.

Willow, hope you are staying cool.

Granni, hoping all went well at the service and reception.

Julie, hope you didn't overdo it today.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. Pea brain no workee. Geez, I somehow hit the Save button before I finished. Case in point!

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Willow77

Hi All,

I am not even venturing out until this evening. And then only to water the plants. Hot!

We got to see Bear for a few minutes last night. His route took him through Palm Springs and since he had to take his 10 hour rest break there we went to see him. We haven't seen him since June so it was really nice. Gray and I kept our masks on the whole time. We got to see the inside of his truck. There is a lot of room in the bunk area as well as storage, microwave and small fridge. He even decorated it with an American flag. His training ended and he was on a run by himself from Salt Lake to Mesa AZ and then on to Chino CA from there he doesn't know where he will go.

It seems like a lot of us are going through dental issues right now. My jaw still hurts but I can eat now.

My head feels like mush today so I had to delete most of this post. It was a bunch of disconnected thoughts and a lot of whining thrown in.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I sure will try to. We have White Castle Cheese Burger Sliders and onion rings on the menu for Sunday. That is something to look forward to.

Love to all of you.
Willow

sunflowergirl

Mikie: it was ME that mentioned about David Brooks’ book shelf....color coded. I looked closely at it this evening and really don’t care for it. But I sure love all the white book shelves everyone seems to have. I’m even looking around closely to see if I could get my handyman to build for me....but with what I have in furniture and paintings I don’t think I could. Darn.

Willow: so nice you could get over to see your DS. Sorry your jaw is still hurting. My friend’s DD had badly receeding gums and she’s only around 50 so she had “work” done on them. Cutting and sewing them....ewwwwwww.....very painful for a long time. lots of mashed potatoes. OMG.....do I love onions rings!!!!!

I washed up those two blue and white ceramic containers I bought this morning. One says barley and the other says rice. It’s a very dark blue greek key on cream pottery. I looked around the house to see what I could use with them. Found a wire divided box in my studio and the ceramic boxes fit perfectly, so I cut some branches off some bushes In back. Everything is now residing on my kitchen table. I love when everything comes together.

Oh yes, it hit 110 today.