PORCH 1220 IS NOW CLOSED (9/8/20) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1220 IS NOW CLOSED (9/8/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

windblade

Sun, hope you have a good day with your grandchildren. What ages are they? I added to the story.

Mikie, I looked up Sjogrens, and am wondering if that's where your bone pain could be coming from.

Spring, I can turn off my e-book library with airplane mode, that disconnects it from Wifi. I am concerned about EMF's also.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Sun, it would be great if we could all teleport ourselves so we could gather somewhere nice, like in 'Beam me up Scottie.' At least, we all have our imaginations to picture being there. Hope you're having a good time.

Judy, I keep her and Michele in my prayers. This has to be hard on her too. I've had this bone pain almost all my life but not as often as the muscle pain. Of course, I could have had Sjogren's all my life and only had it diagnosed when the symptoms got so bad. Who knows? Our conditions are crazy.

The storm, which will eventually become Hurricane Sally or TS Sally as it transits the Gulf, is right over us as it crosses FL. The rain has stopped for now and is down to a drizzle. It is when it's not right on top of us that we get the wind and rain from the outer bands. Means we will continue this weather all weekend. I cooked my broccoli and it was really good. I'll make soup tomorrow. Still really tired and may have another nap. Been watching PBS cooking shows. Watching Martha Stewart right now. Too tired to do anything else.

I was whining that my book was chick lit that wasn't different from others in the genre but I was wrong. The nurses were sent to the front to help docs with the injured GI's and all of a sudden, the book got very exciting. The book started with the attack on Pearl Harbor but there was little in between that and the end. Didn't happen til the last ten percent of the book. I'm almost done and will move on to the ghostly mystery. Again, this isn't great literature but it's much better than I had thought and it keeps me distracted.

My bed is calling me.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Hi all. I put in a busy day today. Judy......in answer to your question, these two little girls are 6 and almost 4. Such a cute age and I enjoy them thoroughly. My DS brought them over.....the oldest came in first telling me the younger one had thrown up in the car on the way, and Dad had to go to the bathroom, really bad! LOL. So I stripped the little one of her pukey clothes, and the only thing I could find was her painting shirt to put on her after we got her cleaned up. She gets car sick easily and apparently once they got to a very smoky area, it hit her, and my DS couldn’t put down the windows. At that age they usually recover quickly.....I couldn’t. So they decided they wanted to paint, so I dug out all the WC stuff and we got ready. I tossed the smelly clothes in the washer and all was well with the world again.

My DS changed the batteries in the smoke detector, and a light bulb in the ceiling and also washed up a lighting fixture.....it’s hard for me to do anything looking up. Had a lovely, fun day with them, then when they were getting ready to leave, my DD called from the driveway.....saw my DS’s car here and asked if they could come in. My DS is very careful about the girls being around others with this covid going around. So DD and SIL came in wearing their masks, and we all visited awhile.

My youngest is such a funny little thing....I was reading a story at one point to them, when all of a sudden she turned to me in a surprised voice.....Grandma....I didn’t know you knew how to read! Funny!

The air was very smoky today, and it looked like a fog had covered the area. So strange.

By the way, my older grandkids are age 12, Shelby, and age 17 Hunter. I went thru all the little girl toys, etc. with Shelby and now I get to do it all again. Such a blessing I have been given.

I’m really tired, and it’s only 8:30 so hoping to stay up until 9 PM until I hit the bed.

windblade

SUN, I loved hearing about your day. Your grandchildren must love coming to your house and painting. The little one's surprise at your being able to read makes me chuckle. Don't forget to drink lots of water because of the smoke. I was reading an article today by a favorite herbalist, Rosalee de Foret, on herbs to help with smoke inhalation, and to build up the nervous system from all the stress. She even said that for people just watching on the news, our nervous systems need strengthening. She has a website, which explains the different healing properties, but also I can just type out a list here.

MIKIE, my thoughts keep circling back to the meditation/spiritual experience that you had. Especially the part where you saw/felt that our sufferings would somehow make sense. Or that they will be a healing part of the bigger plan. I'm not describing that well enough. But it is the same experience that countless NDE's, (Near Death Experiencers) have had. The experience that you were given is also a help to me, as I am experiencing too much overload right now from so much suffering. We need hope to get through so much.

Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids,

Up really early but still got a lot of sleep last night. It rained all night and is still raining. TS Sally is now offshore but the low pressure and spinning is bringing up all the moisture from the water in the straits to the south. There are four other low pressure waves in the Atlantic. Two will be heading north offshore and one may not develop. That's how it goes this time of year. We just hit the three year anniversary of Irma on the 10th. It is supposed to rain all day. I pray none of these storms hit us but I feel sorry for the folks up at the top of the Gulf. Looks as though Sally will hit just east of New Orleans. Good thing they fortified the city after Katrina.

Evidently, Grace has been asking about Barb. Barb's DD and another neighbor didn't want to tell her that Barb had passed because Grace had been depressed after her brain surgery. I texted Dennis last evening to ask if she were strong enough for someone to tell her. He said he had just told her and she took it pretty well. Said he would call me this week. I let Barb's DD know and our neighbor. We all breathed a sigh of relief.

Sun, it sounds as though everyone had a grand old time yesterday. So funny what DGD said about your knowing how to read. The cute funny things my kids said are phrases we still use. DD once looked at the sliver of moon and said, "Look, Mommy, piece of moon." We still call it that. It's so cute how their minds figure things out. Glad DGD gets over the car sickness fast. I never knew what it felt like until my ex got a new company car. For some reason, we couldn't go more than a few blocks before it hit me. It's awful. It's nice your DS fixed some things that are difficult for you. Hope the whole thing didn't tire you out too much. I know it was worth it in spades.

Judy, if only we could keep that feeling of peace going. Still, experiences like that change us. It gave me a glimpse into God's perfect love for us. I had been stressing out for some time about everything that is going on in the world and our country. It was making me tense all the time and sick. I had been praying so hard. Then, I heard the voice that I have heard before and it said something like, "Don't you know I'm in control." It hit me then that I had been having a crisis of faith. At that point, I just gave it all over to God. I don't think it was right after that that I had the experience of perfect peace but it wasn't long. That was a big spiritual step for me.

I think all of Heaven rejoices when we take those steps. Two years ago when I was able to completely forgive my ex and my biological father for what they had done, I had a similar experience where I could feel the peace and Heavenly joy. Yes, it's very similar to the NDE experiences. You described it perfectly. Mental healthcare professionals are saying that all the strife and illness are taking a toll on everyone. We can't ignore the suffering in the world but it has helped me to know that no suffering is in vain. It will all make sense one day. I only got a glimmer of it during my experience but enough to put my trust in God. I also know that when we do get to Heaven, it is going to be amazing. I'm glad if my talking about it has been of help. That is why I read about NDE's.

I'm going to go read the real newspaper. I hope everyone has a wonderful windup to the week. Been praying for all those in harm's way whether from storms, fires, illness, stress or duress. I pray for those who are harming others because I believe they need prayer the most.

Love, Mikie

windblade

MIKIE your saying that the experience helped you to see that no suffering is in vain. That's what I'm struggling with hugely, and always have been. My Catholic nun friends told me about a prayer where we choose to accept our sufferings, and unite them with the sufferings of Christ for us. It seems to go in a reciprocal, circular motion. I can sometimes do it, sometimes strongly, and many times too weary to.
But for me to really believe that God is in charge is another thing so hard for me. I think I need a new understanding, that factors in human free will, and yet Spirit keeps communicating in ways we can sometimes recognize, but are much more than we realize.

Reactions: bct

Mikie

Judy, I think you hit it on the nose by saying what Spirit communicates is so much more than we realize. I believe that there is so much more to our physical and spiritual existence than we could ever imagine but it is temporarily out of reach in our mortal lives here. When I've tried to understand quantum physics, I can get overwhelmed. Who ever thought all that was going on at a subatomic level? I think it's just a peek into how God thinks. When I heard God ask whether I realize that He is in control, it was more like an amused parent talking to a young child. It's like when I tell SV that "it's okay" when he is scared. To him, a loud clap of thunder is scary; to me, it's just thunder. I'll always take care of him.

Free will is a bit of an enigma. I know God gave it to us and expects us to use it as wisely as we can; however, if He weren't in control, we would likely have destroyed the world and ourselves by now. Again, I try to understand it like a kid learning to ride a bike without training wheels. The kid is doing the peddling and balancing but the parent is running alongside to catch the bike if it tilts. At some point, the parent lets the kid go and sure enough, the kid usually has to fall to get better at it. We fall and fail here but I believe this is our school where we experience things so we can grow in spirit. Sometimes, those things are really hard.

Of course, these are really simplifications and don't begin to explain things. I don't think we can ever understand these deep issues here on Earth. That's where I think faith comes in. DD heard a sermon one Sunday and the Scripture mentioned was where Jesus admonishes the people, asking them why they worry so about issues like having enough food. The preacher said that we have to have faith that when something happens, we will have what it takes to cope. Otherwise, all we do is use all our time and energy worrying. That really helped her to believe it will all work out as it is supposed to. With everything going on, it is so easy to worry or even be scared. The stakes are high.

These are just some of my random thoughts about these things. I'm not sure we are supposed to know all the answers. I think sometimes we worry too much about trying to be perfect and understand it all. When I fully forgave my ex and biological father, I also was able to forgive myself for my own lapses. One woman who had a NDE said in Heaven, the only emotion that exists is love. I believe that is true.

Love, Mikie

windblade

Willow, how is your little moringa tree doing? I looked up what it is - learned that it is known for many health benefits. I love growing things also. When I was younger, I used to have an organic vegetable garden, with tomatoes, eggplants, green beans, peppers. I loved picking the ripest tomato and eating it right there, in the hot sun. So delicious. My dog used to meander by, and just lazily eat a green bean from the plant. Always made me smile.

MIKIE, thank you so much for explaining your thoughts. Yesterday was a tough day for me, so it was really helpful.

Thinking of Barry, Rock/Gordon, Willow, and Sun in CA.

My DH made a stir fry with chicken, broccoli, carrots, green beans and onions, ginger and garlic. My favorite meal. Does anyone use a wok? I think our large frying pan is not large enough - always spills over a bit.

windblade

Barry, we were posting at the same time. Praying for your depression! I have ptsd from childhood, with much depression and anxiety. I know how miserable it is. For me, it is more difficult than physical illness. Also the fires must be making everything worse. Will pray for you throughout the day. I take meds. for depression and anxiety, and also have a therapist who is wise and kind. Praying for your very specific need.

sunflowergirl

Judy: Sorry to read you have ptsd from childhood. A majority of our health troubles stem from the growing up years. Mine wasn’t bad....but my Mom was always in a book and my dad worked hard. My brother and I basically grew up on our own. I can’t fault my mom because she was depressed from her childhood and reading was her means to escape. All I can say is thank goodness there was school to attend. I wonder how many children going thru homeschooling or what there is for them will come out of this whole thing healthy?

I’m so darn tired today. Already had #1 nap before noon. And my brain just can’t think to add onto the story.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Judy, our beloved Porchie, Diane, suffered so from anxiety and depression and her doc sucked. She died a couple of years ago from the flu. I miss her so much. I'm glad you have a good doc. I had clinical depression for many years and was fortunate to have shrinks who helped me with it. That was before we had the pharmaceuticals that we have today. I'm sorry yesterday was such a tough day. I used to use a wok but had to downsize my pots 'n pans when I moved to a condo. The nice thing about a wok is being able to fry something and then pull it up the side off the heat to fry something else.

Barry, my friend, I am sending up prayers as I type. With so much going on in the world, there is plenty to feel depressed and anxious about. I know everyone here will be praying for you. Let our prayers lift you up.

Sun, I'm so sorry for your exhaustion. I hope you can get some rest. My shrink diagnosed PTSD following the breakup of my marriage. That and the depression were horrible. I also wonder what it is doing to the kids to be out of school and have their education and social life so disrupted. DD is having a hard time with DGS.

A while ago, my DBIL called out of the blue. He's my ex's second youngest bro and we were in the same HS class. We got caught up on family news. It's sunny in CO today. He didn't know about the TS and thought it was the same one we had before that ended up in the Gulf. I told him this one will likely hit in about the same place and that there are four more coming across the Atlantic. Bet he's glad he doesn't live here.

I steamed some Brussels Sprouts until they were cooked but still had plently of body and weren't too wilty. I cut them in half and charred them in bacon grease. I used the last of the uncured bacon, browned it and threw little pieces of it into the sprouts with butter. OMG! One of my favorite things.

I pray for us all every day. I know some of our needs but also pray for general help for whatever we need. You are all so dear to me.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Happy Sunday, you all

Nothing to new here really. Went to church and then fixed lunch and put in a small wash after marinating the steak for dinner. We are even splurging and will be having a real baked potato. This one is huge and we will share it. We haven;t had a baked white potatoes in a VERY long time. Most of the time we end up with a bake sweet potatoes. Much better for you I know and DH is not thrilled with sweet potatoes although now he is used to eating them with butter, cinnamon and light sour cream in them. A little butter is fine with me and cinnamon and maybe a little bit of yogurt on top.

SUN - Your story about your DGD was so funny about what she said about her sister puking . That;s kids for you. After painting some and clean clothes all would be right with the world again. Smart grandma !! Sorry you are are exhausted again. not much fun, I know. That was funny too about your DGD saying she didn't know that you could read !! Out of the mouths of babes, as they say. I have tried the peppermint oil a few time but need to do it some morel I think I have some of the same problem a you keeping my neck in one position fora long time contributing.. Feels good and I love the smell but wish it would last longer than it does.

MIKIE - So much to read on this thread. Yes, I have thought about dear Diane occasionally when we are talking about depression and anxiety. She was such a sweet gal and I miss her too. That was such a sad thing when we heard she had passed. Hope you are feeling half way desent, MIKIE. SO SORRY, BARRY !! Hang in there, KIDDO !!!

I cant remember what everyone posted and I need to go and with a wash and do a few other things.

Hugz to awl including WILLOW, JUDY, and the others who are hopefully either resting or taking a break from the computer and are feeling half way normal SW, JULIE, GORDON/ROCK et al !!

Love,
Granni

windblade

SUN, get a good rest today. You must be beat from your visit yesterday. Does your other child, daughter live nearby you?
Holistic docs use something called ACES which breaks down to Adverse Childhood Experiences... something. Showing how it can affect our physical health. I know I am in fight or flight mode frequently and need to remember to do deep breathing, and take the herb Tulsi, Holy Basil for strengthening the nervous system.

GRANNI, I also love sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon. Will start eating them in the fall again. Here in NJ, I can start feeling the lower temps., so will turn to more hot foods, and stews.

MIKIE, I remember Diane. Confused in PA was her handle? I remember playing a lot of games back then together. I think she used to make homemade noodles, and had beloved cats. That is sad news. She was a very lovely person! I think that someday we will find each other in heaven, and give great thanks for helping each other through!

BARRY, sometimes my anti-depressant doesn't work enough. In fact the last time I saw the dr. I described to him my new discoveries in trauma healing, saying that I thought what I was experiencing was a triggered ptsd state, where you re-experience the original trauma. He agreed. I said, well, why am I taking this AD then?? He said he thought it helped with anxiety also.
I have gathered up over the years, different things that help. Sometimes sleeping cuts down on the pain. Distractions like watching youtube, or even a dumb movie. I call someone, or talk to my dh. Music can help me grieve or bring happy memories.
I would really rather take less pharmaceuticals, but for now that's not an option. I believe that prayers definitely help us through!
Judy

sunflowergirl

Judy: my DD and her family live 30 min. away, but I don’t see them often. They have 2 vacation homes and are always busy going there, or buying something or another for one of the houses. They showed up yesterday with another new, elegant vehicle. I asked when did they get that? A few weeks ago...and why...because it was just time to get another one. I guess when you lease you must continually turn it in for another one when the mileage starts to climb. I don’t understand leasing though. My DH and I always bought outright.

My SILs sister is a psychologist and I remember her telling us about 8 years ago about a fairly new treatment where they bring you back to the trauma and you are to move your eyes in a from side to side rapid movement as the psychologist talks you thru. Apparently it does something to the brain and helps a person rid themselves of the trauma. Have you heard of this? My DD had a lot of bad memories from when my SIL was in drug rehab. Thankfully he was in a 30 day facility and went cold turkey....went to AA meeting religiously every morning for years.

Yes, I’m super tired from being “UP” yesterday. It usually takes me about 3 days to get back to normal.....what is normal?

windblade

Sun, I'm the same way with any exertion. It takes 3 days for me too. I make my top priority to just rest or sleep as much as I need. Replenishing time.
Yes, I know the therapy you mean. It is EMDR - very valuable, and the most well- researched therapy around. The eye movements help balance the brain. Does much more.
I'm hoping you can find something cozy and comforting, until your energy returns.