PORCH 1222 IS NOW CLOSED | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1222 IS NOW CLOSED

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

angels.jpg

Dear Porchies,

Please visit Porch 1221 for latest news about Patti from her son and Judy. This is such a sad time. I wish I had known Patti better; I did know her as a funny, engaging and ever so kind person. I've been missing her since she got too sick to post. I am praying for everyone grieving her passing. No matter how much comfort it is to know loved ones are no longer suffering, it is still such a huge loss.

I have written a note to my kids with my username and password and how to post here if something happens to me suddenly before I would have a chance to tell them. I would hope all our beloved friends here would do this so we know if something happens to any of us. We have known one another here, often for years, and become like family and we grieve our losses when someone passes. I pray for peace for all of us as we miss our beloved Patti and I pray for her other friends and her family.

This is such a difficult time with civil strife, the virus and losses now at 200,000 and counting in our country. Every one of those people had family and friends still grieving their losses. The passing of RBG is another sadness to bear. She cared so deeply, not only for women but for men, children, our country, the Constitution and the Supreme Court. She worked through discrimination, illness and pain and was a real role model, especially young girls.

Judy, I deleted the other thread you asked me to delete. The only way to delete a thread is if the original poster deletes his or her post or a moderator does it. Such a nice message you posted to Patti's son.

I have a bit of a sour stomach this morning but am taking something for it. Allergies are bad too. In a nutshell, I feel lousy. Gotta get in the shower to wash my hair. Am looking forward to having the It's A 10 to dry and style it.

I keep all our Porchies in my prayers for peace and healing.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bct

windblade

Mikie, I love that picture of the angels.
I hope that your heart rate has calmed down to normal from the other day.

There is a documentary about RBG on Netflix that I will watch at some point. I would like to learn more about her.

SUN, it's so wonderful that your dgd can come and cook with you, and spend time. She will treasure those memories forever. My own grandmother was Scandinavian, and such a good cook. She made Swedish meatballs with the most heavenly brown gravy, served with mashed potatoes with butter, and German style green beans with onion and cream sauce. Soooo good.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Judy,

Thank you. My HR is good. Glad you like the picture. Hope you have peace during this sad time.

Love, Mikie

windblade

Mikie, thank you for your kind words. I'm so thankful that Patti had such a great group of friends here.

I'm interested to see what people will add on to the Story thread. To build up a plot. Can't think of anything myself at this point, but hoping others can brainstorm.

Mikie

Judy, yes, we do have a creative group here. Weekends are often slow on the boards. I've been too tired to try to think of something to add to the story. Just got up from a nap.

I'm glad Patti had such a great group of friends too and I feel so blessed to have known her. You have been such a good friend and I know this is hard for you. Thanks again for keeping us updated.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

A late good afternoon to all you Porchies,

MIKIE - Sorry you are still feeling punk or at least your tummy is. Hope it gets better soon. I know you will feel at least a little better when you get to wash and do your hair with that new stuff you bought. Actually right now I really need a hair cut and color but the back of my hair is especially driving me nuts. Was thinking about it this coming week but this tropical storm is going to give us a bunch of rain, or so they said tomorrow and maybe wed too. It is raining lightly right now. Glad we do not live on the coast with all these storms.. This one, BETA did not quite make it to a hurricane or so they think.. Looks like some will get a lot of heavy rain. We should be OK as we are so far inland but we sure do need some good rain. Hopefully we get enough but no flooding..

I stopped in and read your story and of course I couldn't think of what to add, SO I came over here.

JUDY - Patti was a very sweet and sensitive person and funny to as you mentioned, MIKIE. I checked in on every once in awhile with her but probably not often enough. She was really lucky to have such a good friend as you.

It was a weird Sunday , didn't go to church and went outside to pick up and move stuff to get ready incase we get bad wind besides the rain. Then I put in a wash which I think I had better get our of the drier. However, I think I will be fixing dinner and eating before I do that , maybe even tomorrow. Have been busy trying to do some stuff on the computer and not getting that far so I quit at least for the day. Trying to send some old pics to DCD that is on my computer that she said to send her if I could find any to try and jog her memory. I did some things with google as they kept saying it was outdated info or something. I have been trying to get my contacts at least most of them on the list so I can send. I sent one, not sure she got it and then tried to send some more and not working. Suggestions MIKIE or anyone? The only 2 names that were on my contacts for google were two names I never heard of. Crazy and I wasted so much time, this afternoon. Gotta run.!!

Love to all,'Granni !!:)

springwater

Wind - thank you for letting us know about Patti. I pray for her son Joey and the bereaved other members of her family. That they will heal from their loss.

You askd about EMF sensitivity and what all i do. I switch off router when its not in use. But unplugged electric or electronic devices also emit energy which makes me uncomfortable. I try to stay a safe distance from such.

Going to supermarkets can be challenging because i get uncomfortable from the noise and activity overload and people using their phones.

I really must look up Swedish meat balls. i read about them all the time.

Granni - so many things which need passwords, it confuses me. I dont use my google contacts or anything. sometimes i write down passwords then i lose the book i write in. Stay safe from the new storm.

Mikie - thank you for the new porch. Heaven must be beautiful, loved your pic. That was terrifying, the way you felt something jump onto your belly andit wasnt SV. i had that experience once but got the old hag syndrome right after like whatever it was was trying to subdue me. I found meditation in connecting with the Source helped me. Here is one which is very soothing.

So sweet of Dennis and Grace to give you the gift coupon. Is it only for restaurants?

Sun - such a nice time with Shelby. So good that she bakes. That cake sounded delicious! If i had the time and energy i would love to make a carrot cake but we dont get carrots right now. My DD made macaroni and tomato sauce the other day and it came out so so delicious. She put aside mine wthout meat and then added bits of salami into it for herself and the men.

Barry - i recall you saying you were feeling down. And who can blame you? Look at the state of the world. Covid and all. Im trying to develop the ability to detach so i dont get affected by all the horrid stuff in the news.

Gordon - were you able to download the books you wanted? I hope Rock soon feels perky enough to visit. oh, i made mushroom dumplings the other day. DH bought mushrooms so i looked for the ready made covers of wheatflour and cornstarch. I prefer my own flour dough but didnt hv time or energy to make them.

Willow - you seem to have done quite a bit, inspite of hobbling around with pain. i hope you feel much better soon.

It looks like rain today. The grass and plants have overgrown again. Lockdown is over. But theyre putting restrictions on how long shops can open. I bought me a summer pant and a long kurta. Yesterday i got too busy to cook so ordered out chicken dumplings for dinner. i had made myself some lentils and rice.

My DS friend who he visits, their neighbourhood grocer from where they buy coke and snacks etc tested positive for covid. So DS and friend got the test. It came negative. Relief.

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Judy: I’m sorry for your loss of a good friend, but a blessing Patti is out of everything. I don’t think I ever read any of her posts, so I didn’t know who she was. It is the ones who are left after a person leaves this earth who grieve and miss them but have to move on.

Mmmm....swedish meatballs, actually any kind of meatballs are good. My X sister in law was Swedish so she would often fix traditional Swedish foods as does my SILs mom for christmas. My DH was Polish so I often would fix traditional foods at Christmas. My youngest DS does most of the cooking so his girls are now growing up with those foods, plus my DIL is Vietnamese so their grandma cooks them most of the time. I think is fun for families to continue with the traditions.

Spring: Yes, breathe a sigh of relief for your DS

Mikie: hope your stomach is better. Whenever I get an upset stomach I have to search my brain for what I had consumed to bring it on. As we age some food just don’t agree the way they used to.

My DD and family came over at noon to pick up Shelby and brought In and Out hamburgers, then were here for a few hours. My SIL and I had some “lively” discussions!

After they left I did a few kitchen things then hit the bed for a long nap. I’m so wiped out tired, but Shelby and I had a good, busy time. We played monopoly again today....she loves it.....but after about an hr. we decided to quit as we were both tired and my brain just could hardly even count $ out! I figured it was because I had consumed too much sugar, carbs, gluten, etc. so will have to go easy for the next week. I like the way the story is going, but have to clear my brain before trying to write anything.

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Fell asleep early and it's a good thing I did because I woke at 2:30 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. I got six hours of sleep, enough to get by but not enough to feel energetic. I read my book and will likely finish it this evening or afternoon. It's pretty good. I tried to watch The Emmys but just couldn't take all those people on TV screens. Bless them for trying to carry on during this pandemic but award shows are boring for me in the best of times.

Granni, it does look as though Beta will be dropping a lot of rain on TX. I hope, being inland, you don't get too much and certainly no flooding. The easiest way for me to send photos from my computer is to attach them to emails. The easiest way to send them from my phone is to text them. One thing I like about having both an iPad and an iPhone is that I don't have to physically transfer photos from my phone. I can click on Air Drop and all my photos wirelessly go onto the iPad if I set the phone nearby. It's like magic. Good luck.

Spring, thanks for the video. I have had to detach from stressing over all the ills in the world. It has been easier since I heard God, or one of his angels, say to me, "Don't you know I'm in control?" The voice was more amused than scolding. Prayer and meditation help. What I felt in my sleep was nothing more than a nightmare but it certainly scared the heck out of me. I still don't know whether I actually screamed or just dreampt that too. Glad you DS and his friend are okay. Hope the other guy recovers. The gift card is for three restaurants and a seafood store in the area. Two restaurants feature seafood but have burgers and the third restaurant is a BBQ steak house.

Sun, you are right. There are things I have to be careful of. Have to take Lactaid tablets or consume Lactaid dairy now. I love the little Mandarin oranges but have to be careful of acid reflux. I think that's what soured my stomach. I have lots of things to help with that. I watched the second episode of Hacking Your Mind on PBS. The data mining online that is used to get people to vote against their own best interests is amazing. If we use social media like Twitter and FB, everything about our lives is used to try to persuade us to buy products or vote a certain candidate. When I look up some product online, I suddenly see pop-up ads for it and other similar products. Hope you can recover this week. Sounds as though you had fun.

OK, gonna read the paper and come back to check out Spring's video and do some meditating. I'll need it after reading the newspaper. Hope all y'all have a great start to the week.

Love, Mikie

Just turned off the TV and listened to Spring's video. I sat quietly and closed my eyes while I listened. I was so relaxed afterward and it did put my mind at ease. Thanks, Spring. :)

Got my hair washed, conditioned with a good product, sprayed with the It's A Ten leave in-product and finally, put some styling gel in it. When I condition it that well, It's shiny and soft but lacks body. Took longer to dry. I'm just waiting to style it and spray it. Love having clean hair. It could use a trim. It's always something!

The new story is developing nicely. Come on, people, let's keep it going.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bct

rockgor

spring, it's still too hot here to do any new planting in the yard. i'll wait til the end of sept. and then till the various areas. i plan to plant the swiss chards again as the chinese ladies enjoyed them. i will also plant kohlrabi, chinese broccoli, lettuce, and something new, brussel sprouts. two years ago i planted the broccoli and kohlrabi too close and they got infected with aphids so plowed them under. i'm waiting for the long bean seeds to dry before i take them down. rock and i also trimmed the tomato vines down. they're still flowering and we should still get more fruit, it'll just take longer for them to ripen. of course i'll take down the cilantro seed heads and scatter them around the yard. freshly grown cilantro taste sooo much better than any you would buy in the stores.

i still need to trim the neighbor's morning glory vines that grows into our yard plus cut back branches of her trees. she seems to like that 'overgrown' look to her yard. i never see her do any pruning or other yard work. there is also the maiden hair to contend with from her yard. they have thorns and are a bear to cut.

well all this should keep the recycle bins full.

later,

gordon

Granniluvsu

Good afternoon everyone,

Not much going on here. Had a little rain but not much and that crazy storm is very disorganized and is all over the place especially along the coast of course. Galveston got some heavy rain and all this morning with possibly more coming overnight . We will see ! It I have the weather channel on and they are showing a weatherman getting hammered by heavy rain and wind in Port O Connor. DH said Galveston got some heavy rain also today with flooding in the streets. They are talking about the storm surge which doesn't seem to be as bad as they had originally predicted in some areas on the coast.. Some will get some pretty heavy rains. I don't know how some can live right on the coast with these storms. We would be a nervous wreck all the time. I have enough problems with my nerves and DH too. He is more nervous than I. I am usually the calmer one.. Looks like parts of Houston will be getting some good rain tonight and tomorrow.

GORDON - That is ashame when neighbors can't take care of their plants and you have to care for them. We have had some of that in the past too. It can be very annoying but some people don't realize when they buy how much it takes to take care of things and then people also get older and have problems which can also limit them from doing what they should.. Take it easy with her bushes especially those with the stickers.

ROCK - Looks like you have some plans for your garden too, with Gordons help probably I suspect.

SUN - You are right about meatballs. Any meatballs are yummy. I haven't had Swedish meatballs for a very long time. It is usually meatballs in tomatoes sauce. Not that creative but so what it tastes good anyway.

MIKIE - Gad you got your hair done and you like the products. Hope they were not to expensive. I am very simple with my products, shampoo for colored hair and Tresamme (sp)conditioner for colored hair. I probably need something else to hold my hair but right now not going many places so who cares. I also use hair spray but it is not very expensive what I buy.

I read you little story which is sounding pretty good right now. However, to keep it that way I didn't want to add anything. I will leave it to your story writers !!!

Gotta run and do a few things before I start supper !

Love to everydobby,
Granni

sunflowergirl

Ants again!!!!! I figured the last 100 were killed off, taking the poison to their nest but now they’re swarming out of the same place again!

It’s been a busy day for me. I needed to go to AAA to get their notary to sign something for me. Stood in line over 30 min. outside then another 20 min. inside, but I got it done, and then came home to the ants. I’m so sick of this. Then I sold something on etsy, had to get it packaged and to the PO, ran more errands, so I’m really tired. It will take me at least 3 days to recuperate from the weekend.

I’ve added a little to the story, but have to say my brain isn’t being creative.

My gardener was over this morning and I went out to talk with him about the DEAD SQUIRREL and if he could pick it up with a shovel and put in trash. Went to show him where it was....it was gone. So we figured some coyote came along and found his breakfast.....a 4 day old dead squirrel swarming with flies. ugh. I’m going to order a load of gravel on the weekend and he will add to what I already have under bushes, etc.....it’s just not enough.

rockgor

sun, we're still battling with the ants on/off. now we have a new problem. i saw a mouse run back out of the cabinet a few days ago. haven't seen any over 3 years. got out the poison and put a plate out for it. haven't seen it since though didn't see any sign that it ate any of the poison. spread some of the poison in the basement and the garage.

cleaned and wipe out the cabinet and found a small amount of droppings. can't seem to be able get the 'good' poison here in california as they are outlawed. does any one know of a good poison we can get? most of the items in the cabinet were can goods so there wasn't much of a mess, still it was a chore. you can always tell they've been there by the smell of their droppings. MICKEY, UGH.

later,

gordon

p.s. sun, it's going to get hot again next week. oh, joy.

sunflowergirl

Gordon: if it were me, I wouldn’t put poison but instead use traps. A dead mouse can really smell, especially if you don’t know where they died. Had a dead rat years ago in the garage, probably poisoned from a neighbor, then it came to the garage to die. Ewwwww....awful smell. I called my DH at work and told him to be prepared to search. He found it dead in the back of the garage frig in the coils. Good luck.

rockgor

sun, the poison i use causes the creature to dehydrate and it will go out looking for water. i've found one in a box and it was all dried out. did not notice any smell. i don't feel safe using traps as they tend to snap before i can set them in place and i don't want to take the warm body out to the bins. the newer poison i've gotten don't seem to attract/kill as well but something is better than nothing. i hope not to see any other sign of them around the house.

later,

gordon

Mikie

fall.jpeg

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids,

Wow! Fell asleep at 7:00 last night and slept til 8:30 when I went out to take my meds. I fell fast asleep after reading for a while and woke up at 4:30 this morning. I figure I got about eight hours of sleep. I am so glad because sometimes, insomnia seems to take hold night after night. Think I'll go over to walk in the pool this morning. Barb and I are going out to lunch tomorrow at a restaurant with outdoor seating. We have eaten there before and we both like the food. Customers online say they are taking every precaution not to spread the virus. I won't eat inside but will do takeout food or will eat outside. We asked Claudia but she refuses to eat out at all. It's probably safer but I'm ready to go out for a meal.

Gordon, it seems you have your hands full between gardening and the mouse. I wish you good luck with both. Squirrels in CO are dropping dead with bubonic plague so be careful.

Sun, see my heads up to Gordon about the sick squirrels. A neighbor of DD had her cat die after killing a squirrel. I think it is passed through fleas. They will stay on the body as long as it is warm and then it goes looking for a new host. AACCKK!! Can you contact a pest control co. to get rid of the ants? It isn't expensive here because we all have to have them. I can't imagine what living here was like before A/C and pest control. The skeeters alone would do me in. Banks here have notaries and I have always used them; it's a free service. Hope you can recover.

Granni, I always worry about the kids' house in Galveston when these storms hit. So far, they have been lucky but it did flood in the basement some years back when a hurricane hit them. Hope you escape unscathed. The only expensive product I am using right now is the It's A Ten leave-in product. It has keratin that really helps damaged hair. I think a trim job would do wonders for it. For years I bought better products at the salon but the OTC products have gotten so good that I usually get Pantene which used to only be available in salons. I'm not losing hair but the texture has gotten finer and finer which I hate. Makeup has also gotten better and I no longer splurge for Clinique. Hang in there; I hope you don't have to break out the waders.

Rock, I really miss you. I hope you will stop in.

Gonna go check out the story. Will drop back in later.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I was thinking either bubonic plague or it had eaten poison, that’s why I didn’t get near the dead squirrel. I debated about telling my gardener but I wanted him to be aware of it......so very happy that it was taken away by a coyote. Last week there were two little mourning dove fledglings in my garden. I had even called a wild bird rescue and was told the parents WERE around someplace, but two days later they were gone and I found feathers....probably a coyote.

Out here, the banks don’t have notary service anymore. At AAA it only cost me $6 because of the type of card I had. Most notaries around here charge around $25 or up. By the way, the BOA near me is only open 2 days a week. For over a month they had run out of $ and closed. Now that’s scary when banks are closed.

I went to bed at 8 PM.....so tired, so at 3 a.m. I was awake. Gonna try sleeping again listening to a favorite pastor.

Mikie

Dear Sun,

Just what we need with all our other woes--banks running out of money and bubonic plague. Some BOA branches here have closed permanently. Joe has used several of them and he said their customer service was horrible. I once stopped in to one he has used to make a deposit into a fund for a local who was in dire straits and they were unprofessional. That was before Go Fund Me. I love our little Wells Fargo branch near me. It's good to know AAA has notary service in case it's no longer available at my bank. I haven't had to have anything notarized in ages.

I'm so sorry you still aren't sleeping well. I was a mess yesterday after having been awake the night before. I had a bit of caffeine late on Sun. and that may have been why. It never used to bother me but I think I'll have to forego it after noon from now on. Getting to sleep is never the problem but staying asleep is. Lack of sleep can contribute to tachycardia so I'm especially concerned about it.

I added a bit to the story. I don't weave a tale as well as you and others but I'm enjoying it. Rest well, my friend.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

Good morning Porchies,

Not much new here. It is quiet here with DH at his Tuesday meeting with the guys, only 5-7 men, if they all show up. I have lots of little things to do here and here I sit at the computer again. It is raining lightly here but some areas in Houston esp down south is getting it pretty good and some in the Houston Metro area , too I understand. Lots of flash flooding going on esp in certain low lying areas. So far we are good and I don't anticipate anything bad but then you never know. We are fairly high but there ae certainly low areas around here too.

MIKIE - Glad you got your hair done. Yes, I need another hair cut again it doesn't take to long.for it to start growing again, esp in all the wrong places, just like weight. It always goes to the wrong places. Ye, I buy much cheaper products and rarely bought the real expensive ones in the past either but then I didn't have to go to work and wear all kinds of makeup and dress nicely. That surely can add up too. That is scary when you talk about banks closing ! Definately, not a good thing ! MIKIE, where do your kids have their home? Hope they have no flooding. The streets in Galveston, looks like downtown area but they did not say, the streets are all flooded but Galveston has many areas. Haven't been their lately.

SUN and GORDON - Sorry about all those ants coming back. Hope they die or go someplace else for you. It is hard sometimes to get rid of them.

Haven't gone back to read the story you are all writing yet but will have to do that later.

Gotta go do some more computer work and other things before DH gets back.

Love to awl , inc those not mentioned and our many MIAs ,

Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Been resting since coming home from the pool. I don't have much NRG to go around. I just did my pill boxes. Will launder the sheets and change the bed. I always spin the mattress a quarter turn. I've been told that if one turns it half way, the dents where one sleeps never even out. Since king size beds are almost square, they recommend turning them only a quarter. This seems to keep it from sagging in any one direction. Actually, since there is only me denting it, I could turn it half way. SV sleeps on the other side but he doesn't weigh enough to cause a problem. The last two mattresses I have bought cannot be flipped, only turned flat.

It is a beautiful day outside. The sky was all blue when we were at the pool earlier but there are a few cotton ball clouds out now. There is no statistical chance for rain today and almost none tomorrow. Something is keeping dry air around us. Should be a nice day to have lunch outside tomorrow. The restaurant is in a little old house but there is a varanda around it and lots of tables outside. They have orange umbrellas and the whole thing looks so happy. The food is good too.

Granni, the kids' house in Galveston is on the Historical Register. It survived the original hurricane that destroyed most of the town. The last storm didn't flood it so I'm hoping this one won't either. It isn't right on the beach but is only one or two blocks away. They finished an apartment for themselves in the basement and DSIL loves going down there when he needs a break from everything. It also gives my DD a break when he's gone. They also enjoy going together. DD is very handy and once had a home improvement business. She is the one who redid the apartment after it flooded. It's nice your DH has his men's group. I love the line in that country western song where the lyrics say, "As long as old men talk about the weather and old women talk about old men."

I'm not sure that the BOA branches are in any trouble; I think it's just streamlining. There are banks of all kinds on every corner down here. I did know they seem to run out of cash, especially coins. I had no problem getting cash for emergencies like hurricanes when I went to our branch but I use my credit card for almost everything. Yes, when I worked, I spent money on the hair salon and expensive products and makeup, not to mention clothes. Now, I'm like an old beach bum in worn tee shirts and shorts with flip flops. Nothin' to dress up for. When I do dress up, I switch to better flip flops, tops and Capri pants. :)

Barry, hope you are doing better. We miss you.

SV is looking in through the sliders and his expression say he is pissy. Guess I had better get up and let him in. Hope all y'all are having a great first day of fall.

Love, Mikie