PORCH 1223 IS NOW CLOSED (9/26/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1223 IS NOW CLOSED (9/26/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

flowers.jpg

Dear Porchieis,

Time for a new Porch. We had hit fifty posts. If we still started new threads at thirty posts, we would be starting new ones every few days sometimes. Be sure to go back to read the last posts. I like this little flower garden leading to the house. Thought it might cheer us up.

Sun, it's not the ink. One bag was cloth and one paper with totally different things inside. It has to be where she is storing them. The smell is overwhelming; I can't believe she can't smell it. I'll tell her so she doesn't bring that stuff here again. It doesn't help that my allergies are bad right now anyway. My sensitivities and sensory overload is worse sometimes and better sometimes. Hope you get the leak fixed and the gravel installed. Leaks are a mess. PVC pipes can crack when they get older.

Spring, that hibiscus is just like the one I planted outside to hide an ugly pipe. Beautiful morning glories bloom all over Bermuda. They look so beautiful. They were even on the golf course. The problem with the hedge is that our gardeners don't have the skill to keep the hedge well trimmed. It was a mess. Down here, if you can't do anything at all, they make you a gardener. Then, they plop you on a riding mower or put a weed whacker in your hand. It's downright scary.

Willow, bless you for taking such good care of your Mom. You will always be glad you did.

Rock, I haven't read that Fannie Flagg book. I'll have to check it out. So good to see you here.

Gonna go read the scary news. Covid is spiking again in some states. I'll be so glad to see 2020 go and I just hope and pray 2021 is better. Hope all y'all have a good start to the weekend today including everyone here who isn't mentioned. I did manage to respond to the last posters on the last Porch. I keep everyone in my prayers daily.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: maybe near her laundry supplies. Everything smells concerning the laundry. Pretty picture above. I always wanted to live in an old house, a pretty one that is. I guess I live in an almost old house now, built in 1964, and it’s a struggle to keep it looking good and in good working order.

I’m making a list for when my handyman comes. Two of the toilets are starting to flush on their own which means the guts need replacing. And I need him to take off the mattresses so I can vacuum under them of all the cat fur. I’ve been keeping my BR door closed from Clair now. And I also need him to take down the drapes so I can wash them. Oh yes, then some painting work too. I think I’ve had him for about 3 plus years, and so glad I found him. He’s a good, conscientious worker and has been a big help to me with so many projects.

Rock: I did a search....Fanny Flagg is still alive. She’s 75, well I guess 76 now because she just had her birthday. She’s 2 1/2 months older than me. I also read she’s had several long term relationships with other actresses, including someone from the Bold and the Beautiful TV show. I once ran into her in an antique store in Santa Barbara. She must have been doing some painting around the house, because she had her work clothes on. Had run into this antique store to pick up something. She stopped and looked at me for a minute, then said I had an “energy” radiating out from me, whatever that meant. It’s funny looking at her pictures on the internet.....we have the same color hair, wearing it the same, and actually look similar.

Nice to see you back,,,,,,we’ve missed you. Hoping this hot weather is now dissipating.

Spring: I don’t like to cry, so maybe that’s why I don’t. I cried off and on for months when both my parents died, but the marriage I had was not good, so when my DH died I felt sad, but didn’t cry for him. I’ve felt guilty about that, but there weren’t many good memories.

I had woke with an awful charlie horse in my leg so decided I needed to just get up and walk it out. It usually comes with older people when you haven’t drunk enough water OR you are short on magnesium.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I was totally exhausted when I got back from the pool as usual. I got out of my wet suit and rinsed it out and hung it up to dry. Same for the towel and coverup. I put on my fuzzy robe and lay down to read more of the Guernsey book. I like it but it's gone from funny and folksy to the horrors of WWII. I got to feeling guilty for lying around and got in the shower and shampooed my hair. I gave it a trim and dried it. Still have to style it and spray it. Looks as though the trim turned out well. Some of the ends are dry and damaged and I think I'll trim it again soon to get rid of the last of them. The It's A 10 is great.

The PBS Create Channel is doing five hours of This Old House today. They are refurbishing old deserted houses in Detroit. The city has taken ownership of them and sells some of them to people for almost nothing if they redo them. It's a lot of work but some of the homes were upper class brick homes back in the 30's and 40's and are beautiful and in nice neighborhoods. The plumbing and electrical has to all be redone and lots of work on roofs and water-damaged wood is required. It's a win-win for everyone. I love TOH so am enjoying this. Publix will wait til tomorrow.

Sun, Fannie Flagg is a very attractive woman so lucky you if you look like her. I haven't seen you but just from knowing you I would say you emit a lot of spiritual and creative energy. I love old houses but I also love mid-century modern. Have you tried Smart Water? It is good for cramps/spasms. It's got the same electrolytes as GatorAde but none of the nasty taste. It's delicious water. Again, good luck with the leak and gravel projects.

I have to email our mgr. to bug him to get someone out here to fix the soffits so we can have the balcony and sidewalks pressure washed. I still have to get out to trim some of the bushes growing in front of the electrical boxes. At least, the sun is still getting to the photo cell and the lights out there are off. I have to schedule my skin check and oil change for the car. I just tired of doing everything. No NRG and a bad attitude.

I have to go in search of food. I'm thinkin' mac 'n cheese. Love to everyone.

Love, Mikie

windblade

Hi everyone, good to catch up with your news.

SPRING, I watched the video that you posted for quite a while. I cried too. I think what it did was provide a safe place for emotions to well up. It connected me to all the things in nature that I love, the sound of rain drops falling on leaves; wide lakes, streams and mountains. I know that you grew up in a rural hill town in India, so must miss it sometimes too. I thought the imagining/visualizing of your loved ones was so poignant. Filled with love.

SUN, it's too bad that you can't post pics of your paintings anymore. There is a watercolor artist whose work I love, Elizabeth Blackadder. I have a book of her paintings, 'Irises and Other Flowers'. She also does drawings of cats. Her work is online. I love Charles Demuth's WC's of fruits and flowers, and Georgia O'Keefe's paintings.

My dh and I used to live right across the Hudson River from NYC. We saw the Empire State building from our apartment. We constantly used to go to museums and galleries, popping under the river through the tunnels; and so got to see many wonderful art exhibits. I've been meaning to ask you, who are the artist's that influenced you the most? The ones you love the most?

MIKIE, I get the same allergic reactions that you do. When you count up all the cleaning products, perfumes, personal care products that a household can have, that's a lot of chemicals to be allergic too. Soon after I got sick, I remember calling up the holistic clinic I was going to, and asking if it was possible to be allergic to mattresses. They said that they have over 400 chemicals in them! I couldn't be in the same room with the new one we had bought.It's just good that I had a Dr. that believed in MCS.
I remember going through my house, and researching every single product, and chucking out a huge amount of perfumes, cleaners, plastics, etc. Then replacing them with natural materials. People that haven't experienced it or heard of it really didn't understand.

WIllOW, I love hearing how you care for your Mom. It's just so heartwarming.
I had the same experience that you are with adding on to our Stories. I was surprised at all the ideas that popped up so easily.

sunflowergirl

Judy: OMG, lucky you at being able to see the Empire State Building. It must have been so hard for you to leave it. Yes, people don’t realize how the chemicals that are in our world around us affect our health. There are so many artists that I love their work, but when I really got interested in oil painting I wanted to paint like Martin Johnson Heade. At the time I was nutty over orchids. I’ve gone beyond painting orchids and mostly florals and like to paint landscapes. They take me to where I would like to be, mentally imagining myself in a painting. Here’s a link to MJH. My book with MJH paintings are a bit messed with touches of paint because I had them open while I was painting.

Actually there are so many artists that I admire.....except Rothko, Pollock, etc. along those lines. Just not me. Although I have to admit a few years ago in a little art class I was in, we decided to try our hand at pouring/tossing paint onto a canvas. A fellow artist in the group mentioned there were a lot of people in my painting, so I really studied it....I found over 20 people....kinda like searching in tea leaves for pictures. LOL My DGD was over a few months ago and she said she really liked it, so I said I would let her pour paint in the garage. Very abstract paintings she did.

I looked up Elizabeth Blackadder, sweet, simple, colorful. And why do you like her paintings?

I had an awful stressful morning. Went to use my debit card.....found out it was no longer good. So after 1 1/2 hrs. on the phone with 4 different people at BOA, I found out that one bank guy 3 weeks ago closed the wrong account!!!! Then in talking to the last person at BOA today, he admitted that BOA was closing a lot of branches because of troubles they’re having......running out of $ in the atms for one thing because of covid. So, I think I need to look for a second bank to open up an account.....just in case. But.....who to go to?

And.....if you all haven’t done this yet, I hope you think about taking out a good amount of cash in small bills....just in case. Our country is really having troubles. I’m expecting big troubles in another month.......in case you aren’t aware of this yet.

And here’s a strange coincidence regarding my banking troubles and Fanny Flagg who I had mentioned today. One of the BOA online people was from Alabama, I asked her name.....Twanda. And of course everyone who ever watched Fried Green Tomatoes is aware of THAT name! The BOA lady and I laughed over that one.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids,

Up early but got a fair amount of sleep last night. Unfortunately, I fell asleep while watching a special on PBS about the making of the movie, Giant, with Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor. It was James Dean's last movie before he died. It's a good movie. There was also an interview with RBG hosted by Nina Totenberg. They were good friends. RBG was so soft spoken that it's hard to believe she argued cases at the SCOTUS before she was a justice. I think it's getting easier for me to recover after the pool. I used to do it without any side effects but this is my new reality following that flu I had at the beginning of the year. I seem to be a Long Hauler.

Judy, so what you had was a view of the Manhattan skyline? How wonderful. I've only been to NYC once but I loved it. We stayed in midtown in a very nice hotel and it was handy to everything. Of course, we went to the top of the Empire State Bldg. My kids have gone to the Thanksgiving Day parade and always enjoyed it. They have asked me to go but traveling is so hard for me. I pretty much only travel to CO to see them. I feel so bad for you with all the sensitivity to so many chemicals. About the only ones that really make me sick are the perfumes in laundry products and some colognes for men and women. Yes, it's lucky to have docs who believe in our illnesses and problems. I'm lucky too. I'll have to watch the video. You have real talent for describing things. The night I had the peaceful spiritual experience, I felt connected to everything too.

Sun, that is amazing finding all those people in your abstract painting. One of the things I like about abstracts is that one can often see things that someone else may not see or may see different things. I also like it that abstracts can evoke different feelings from different people. A woman on Antiques Roadshow had one that was basically black with red swirls in the center. She bought it because it made her think of a Flamenco dancer. After she said that, I could see it. It definitely had movement. Think I had mentioned earlier that BOA closed branch offices here. I like our little Wells Fargo branch near me but I don't know how other branches are. Also, WF has been in trouble for doing some underhanded things with customers' accounts. I got a check for less than $10 for the class-action suit settlement. Nothing ever happened to me but everyone got a piece of the pie. Friends have had Chase accounts and never had problems. Good luck.

I will be going to Publix later. Our governor, who is an idiot, has opened up the whole state to business as usual, no holds barred. We have been doing better so far but there are still many deaths from Covid. My fear is that these party goers will spread the virus through places like Publix after a night out with hundreds of others. Barb and I are glad we went out to eat when we did because we don't think tables in restaurants will be separated like ours was. Experts are worried about a second spike, along with a spike in the regular fall flu bugs we get. I still feel vulnerable from the effects of the virus I had and will likely double down on staying away from everything. This pandemic has been mishandled on so many levels that likely caused unnecessary deaths and will likely cause many more. I hope I'm wrong.

On a better note, I hope everyone has a nice windup to the weekend. There are still things to enjoy and loved ones to cherish.

Love, Mikie

• Love
Reactions: bct

rockgor

Hi Sports Fans

Henry went to work a bit ago, so I got up too. I can't believe this. I read three sources that said Fanny was dead Yesterday. Now she has apparently been "restored to life." I think that was the title of the first chapter of "A tale of two cities." Apparently being a reporter is harder than it looks.

Anyhoo I hope she is still here and writes some more wonderful books. Mikie, I read a book and a
half about the island of Guernsey during WWII several years ago. Didn't care for the second one. too grim.

Yes, you can buy cheap homes in Detroit, but most of them aren't worth anything. Saw a documentary. If you buy stuff to install it gets dumped in the front yard and promptly stolen.
My Boss grew up in Akron. He went back there for a visit. Staggered back to LA and said, " OMG! It's a ghetto. There's nothing left.". Last I heard he went to Texas. Still owes me money.

Guess I will go back to bed. Rock

Mikie

Hi, Rock,

I hope FF writes more funny books too. Yes, stealing from the abandoned homes in Detroit was a huge problem and still is if people don't secure things. There are some areas where the homes cannot be salvaged; however, where the neighborhoods have only some empty homes and the hoods are stable, it is a good investment to rehab the houses. The two houses that were redone on This Old House had had all the metal taken and sold for scrap. It didn't matter that much because those houses need to have everything redone anyway. When you buy a nice brick home in a beautiful neighborhood for $1,000, you can afford to fix those things.

Many places in the rust belt have unfortunately gone to pot and Akron is one of them. My ex grew up in Niles, OH and it's a good thing they moved to CO back before everything was boarded up. Many of those people have migrated to the Sun Belt. Sun Belt even sounds better than Rust Belt. Too bad your boss left owing you $$. Not nice. Somewhere I saw something about Guernsey too but can't remember whether it was fiction or history. My memory fails me on a daily basis.

Good to see you back here again.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: my DS in portland has some good friends that bought an old brick home in Detroit about 4 years ago. Paid hardly any $ for it and it was still an OK neighborhood. He said he was the only white person within miles and the blacks welcomed him with open arms. They said the neighborhood was going to turn around. But they recently sold it and are moving back to the coast of Oregon. They almost almost talked him into moving to Detroit a few years ago. Portland is bad enough.

I was born in Warren, Ohio though didn’t live there. I had one remaining elderly aunt who still lived there alone. Years ago she would tell me about all the empty houses around her on her street and how scared she was at night. A cousin, who had power of attorney, saw she was developing alzheimer’s, so moved her “kicking and screaming” to a retirement home and sold the house. She died early in february before all the covid started happening.

It’s cool this morning, feels so good. Yesterday it was still up to 95.

Willow77

Hi All,

It is a beautiful morning, sunny and cool but expected to be hot later in the day. I enjoyed a pumpkin spice latte tea on the patio at 8am. It was a great start to my day.

I got a text from Kay as I was making my tea, she was having a good morning in Utah too. Kay is a happy person who wakes up cheerful and sunny. She sent me a picture of a sunflower.

I am looking forward to church on Facebook this morning and then getting ready to go pick up Mom for linner. Either pork chops braised in pineapple with mashed potatoes or fish and chips.

Well I had better get going if I want to get a shower in before church. I just wanted to wish you all a good and happy morning.

Love to all,

Willow

• Love

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

Niles, OH is near Warren. My ex's uncle had a grocery store there. He had a business trip to Detroit years before the recession and he was impressed with it. It's really a shame how the crash ruined whole industries and cities. I remember the heyday of MoTown music. Denver had a section of town where great black jazz musicians played in the night clubs. The neighborhood was a depressed area. Suddenly, it's became hot and white people were moving in and rehabbing the homes. Now, it's too expensive for the original black people who lived there. Harlem was turning around but I don't know how it is now.

When these things take place, it seems someone is always displaced. My kids are upset by all the graffiti in downtown Denver since the demonstrations. Homeless people are setting up tents on people's property and, like in CA, there seems to be nothing they can do. We really have problems in this country that have to be addressed. With the virus, economic problems and the civil unrest, the efforts to turn neighborhoods around may be in vain. I think those rehabbing the houses are definitely taking a risk. I hope they can turn things around.

I'm watching Grease. It's not a total waste of a day. Decided to wait til tomorrow to go to Publix. I cooked bacon and eggs for lunch. I'll get some Brussels sprouts to cook in the bacon fat. Mmmm! There is a load of laundry in the washer. I have my recycle stuff ready to be hauled down to the dumpster area. That might wait til tomorrow too. Ad on TV is showing people with colitis and Crohn's disease who have to change plans because of their conditions. We are often like that. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

I see someone else has posted. Gonna post this before I look so I don't lose it.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Mikie

Hi, Willow,

Glad you dropped in. Pork chops sound good. So does fish 'n chips. Geez, I just ate! They did mashed potatoes on Cook's Country on PBS and then put them in the oven. Looked delicious. Wish I woke feeling happy. Those three weeks when I felt normal, I couldn't wait to get up and tackle all the things that had been let go. Wish I knew the secret that turns our symptoms off and on. It was a cruel tease. I've never been what one would call a sunny person. I am optimistic and try to be spiritual but have not ever been sunny. Sposda get to 90 here in another hour but it's only 87. We are going to get rain later in the afternoon. Enjoy your Mom.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

Hi there Porchies,

Not to much is new here , Just wanted to pop in to say hi to everyone. Hope all are having a good day and the last of the weekend. It is 89 here they say but have not been out since this morning when there was a nice breeze when we took a short walk. They say the hear and humidity makes it feel like it is 95, they are saying. It is supposed to be about 77 tomorrow they say, with possible rain in the morning. We will know when we see the rain :)!! LOL

WILLOW - Those pork chops sound good, and different with the pineapple. Do you have a recipe or do you do your own thing? Mashed potatoes sounds wonderful. We both love it and I used to make it a lot years ago but now not supposed to eat much potatoes esp white potatoes . Haven't had any in some time. Nothing like mashed potatoes and gravy I say. I am also NOT a bright and sunny person in the morning. it takes me some time to come alive. DH is the opposite, unless he doesn't sleep well. Your mom is so lucky you can help her and bring her food. How old is your mom?? You might have said but I have forgotten.

MIKIE - Glad you are having a half way decent day. Watching GREASE isn't all bad. I love the music and the time of my teens. I agree with you on anyone trying to rehab homes esp in depressed areas where there is unrest. That is mighty risky I say but the poor people have the right to live in a nice neighborhood if that is possible.

Hi to WIND,, SUN, SW, BARRY, ROCK/GORDON, JULIE and everydobby else on this lazy Sunday. I haven't done much but did do a wash and even got it folded and put away today..

Signing off for now. Stay happy and well you all !

Love,
Granni :)

Willow77

Hi All,

Mikie- I saw the PBS show on the mashed potato casserole. I want to look up the recipe and try it. It might be something to try for Thanksgiving. I think it was called Duchess Potatoes or Queen Anne Potatoes, I don't remember exactly. I have never had more than a few hours or days of feeling normal since getting sick. I think it would be very hard to feel better for three weeks and then it all comes back.

Granni- The pork chop recipe is one I adapted for the Instant Pot. I use the saute function on the IP to sear the chops and then dump in a large can of pineapple and pressure cook for 30 min. When it is done I saute it about 20-30 more minutes until most of the juice is evaporated and there is an sauce like gravy. If you like thick gravy you will need to remove the chops and add thickener. We don't really eat gravy so we use it like a sauce on the meat. It is so tender the chops will fall apart and it practically cooks itself it is so easy. I need to look up a recipe for mashed pot. in the IP. It would keep the kitchen from getting to hot in the summer.

We still eat mashed potatoes but I use plant based butter and milk so it doesn't taste as good as the real thing. I go next week for my labs so I will find out what my cholesterol is now that I am not eating as much plant based foods and have been eating meat a few times a week. My cholesterol was fine until I hit 40 and then it went to just over 300 total over the period of a year. My Dad had high cholesterol and needed the statins too. I used supplements for a long time put they didn't bring it down enough so took the drugs for a few years. Going plant based I didn't need them, but I can't cheat and sometimes I want a piece of meat, a bakery dessert or an omelette not all the time, just once in a while.

Willow

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Up early as usual with only about six hours of sleep. Well, that's enough to get by but not really enough. When I used to watch Last Tango In Halifax, it ended abruptly after the last season I saw. Now, there is a whole new season on my PBS channel. In any case, I'm now enjoying the episodes on Sunday nights. Anne Reid and Derek Jacobi are wonderful in it.

Won't be going to the pool this morning. I have other things I have to do and Barb is getting a tooth extracted. Her sister will be taking her. She is so lucky to have a sister here. I think anyone is lucky just to have a sister or brother. Being an only has it's benefits but I always wanted a brother or sister.

Granni, it is about the same temp here but we always have a breeze because we have water on three sides. Mornings have been beautiful. We are getting a cold front on Wed that is supposed to drop temps into the mid-80's. Nighttime temps may fall into the 60's. No new tropical waves are coming off of Africa but that can change. We usually do get storms in Oct. and they are the ones that end up in the Gulf. Hope we both escape them. Unfortunately, the weather out west isn't good for keeping fires at bay. Praying for all our Porchies out west.

Willow, don't ya just love the InstantPot? That recipe sounds wonderful. DD sent an Omaha Steaks package and it has boneless pork chops. I prefer the bone-in chops but your recipe might be perfect for these. I love fruit with pork even if it's just applesauce. If I recall, those mashed potatoes used a lot of butter. My friend, Barb, has the same situation with her inherited high cholesterol. She has to take a statin. Now, she is having to take Synthroid and her ins. doesn't want to pay for the brand name. The thyroid gland affects everything else. Seems to me that aging is one loss after another or one more condition after another. I seem to get a new one every ten years. This year is the tenth since the Sjogren's showed up. It may be this post-viral syndrome that I seem to be dealing with; I hope there isn't another condition that will show up. We are stronger than the average bear because we have to be.

Gonna go read the paper as usual. I'd love to read some good news. Perhaps 2021 will be a better year; I hope so. In the meantime, I hope we all manage to get through all this together.

Love, Mikie

bct

Hi. I feel sad today, and extra tired.....BLEH!

I've given up on my statins. They make me feel achy.

Oh, I hope I've paid my taxes! I don't want to get into trouble.

Granni, don't drink the water if you go to Houston! You've read about the brain-eating amoebas in the water there, eh?

The sky here is orange from the smoke, and there was some ash-fall in the night. The fires continue to rage across the state, and it is supposed to be around 100 degrees today. I want rain, rain, rain. The odd thing is that our well isn't dry... a blessing.

I am really freaked out by climate change and deniers. I am disgusted by the "Proud Boys", Q'anon conspirasy spreaders, and, and, so it goes. I'll stop whining now. Feeling grumpy.

I've been reading about Pope Gregory 9th, who called cats satanic, and of the great killing off of all cats possible. Especially black cats. So stupid. The cats caught rats that carried the fleas that carried the Black Death plague....

I am so behind in my medical appts.! I should start making them again --- most were cancelled because of the covids....ah well, so be it.

I have no siblings.

YOU ARE MY FAMILY!
Love and Peace,
barry

sunflowergirl

Hi gang. I’m waiting for the irrigation guy to come today. Waited all day and then two hours after he was to show up I called. He apologized and said he was running behind, so since I needed a nap (didn’t divulge that) I asked if we could make it today.

I also discovered I have a leaking garbage disposal, so had to remove everything under the sink and dry it out. My handyman said he may get there today and if not tomorrow. Hey....I can live with a little inconvenience.

I got out for a quick walk since it’s supposed to get up to 100 again today.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Didn't get anything done today. The Sjogren's is bad with pain, exhaustion and a tongue that feels like a dry shag carpet. AACCKK!! I am thankful for all my electronic distractions and SV who gives me comfort. I did a load of laundry and had a soak in the tub. The best laid plans...

Barry, I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. I also hate those who deny, misinform and spread idiotic conspiracy theories. I need to get my skin check but I don't think there is a rush. I want to take the car in for an oil change but I'm nowhere near the mileage for it. Even without Covid, I don't drive much anymore. I've really turned into the stereotypical old FL woman living with a cat. Well, it ain't a bad life if we can get the country back on track. Speaking of the plague--we now have our second infection of West Nile Virus in humans here in FL. So we are going to be dealing with three things once the regular flu hits. Yikes! Rest well, my friend. I hope it cheers you up a little to know I'm thinking of you.

Sun, I still have to call the electrician. Also, sent a second email to the mgr. to try to get someone out to fix the soffits in our bldg. and Claudia's. My disposal leaked when I put a bunch of rice down it and it kinda exploded. Hasn't leaked since. Hope your guy can fix yours and that it's just loose and not rusted through. Also hope you get the other leak fixed. Finally, I hope you managed a nice nap. Geez, seems we are all having a hard time. I pray for all of us. Survival is the name of the game. I hope we can do better than that and I also continue to pray for cures.

I hear lotsa thunder and we may get some rain this evening. We got a lot yesterday. The last of the rain got very gentle and it made the pond shimmer in the slanted sunshine. It was beautiful. It may be a struggle to stay awake long enough for FJ. Our ballots are being mailed out tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how long they take to get here. I know how I'm voting but we have four Amendments to vote one and there hasn't been much info on those. They can be complicated and have unintended consequences. I want to get it filled out and run to the elections office that is very close to me here.

Gonna go watch the PBS News Hour, the best news on TV. I'm not watching the debate; it's just too stressful and I can watch the highlights, and lowlights, the next day. I don't feel well and am trying not to stress myself out if I can help it. Hope all y'all have a stress-free evening filled with peace.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I could tell that the bottom of the disposal was rusted so I bought a new one yesterday at lowes. My handyman will be here on wed. morning to install it. He’s honest and reasonable and I trust him. and the irrigation guy was out today. Dug around and found a big leak next to the house. Since I don’t use the sprinklers he just capped it off. That’s all I need is damage to the house foundation. It’s always something.

I’m planning on watching the debate. Yesterdays report on taxes that were paid....or NOT paid.....came as no surprise to me. Despicable. what a joke this whole scenario is.

My gardener today was telling me his sister died two days ago from covid. He said she’s been in a medical coma for 2 mos. She was 43. I asked where she might have picked it up. He said she went to Mexico 3 mos. ago and came back from her visit and a month later she was sick. He also said his Xwife’s mother has also died....down in Mexico. He’s always cautious with wearing a mask.....he pointed out he’s wearing 3 masks! As for me, I keep making them....hoping I will find a fabric that is easy to breathe thru. Having COPD is incredibly hard.

Barry: sorry you’re feeling down and out. Still hurting as much from your fall?

rockgor

Hi Fellow Porchers, I'm so happy, Gordon found a new Fannie Flag book I didn't know about. The title is "Daisy Fay And The Miracle Man. AND he was able to get the book. Not so simple these days.

Sunflower, you're right. It's all a bad joke. I hope your new disposal does all the stuff it's 'sposed
to do. Mikie, that's a good idea. Put explosive rice down the disposal. I put some rice down the
disposal a year or so ago. Gordon told me not a good idea. It can clog up the drain. I don't really
see how, but I don't do it anymore.

Barry, Sorry you're feeling grumpy. Do something constructive. Organize a race with all your
criters. Got any board games? Play something with Richard. Go in the kitchen and invent a new
dish. What taxes are you paying? We don't pay income tax 'cause the only income we have is
Social Security. Started paying into when I was 17.

Mikie, on You tube they have lots of short films about pet bears. Also pet alligators, lions,
and etc.

I have a lot of ants around me, but I wouldn't call them pets.

Guess I'll go back to bed. Hugs, Rock