PORCH 1226 IS NOW CLOSED (10/15/20) | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1226 IS NOW CLOSED (10/15/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

lydia1

I had to laugh at myself (so I don't cry) when I saw my facebook memory from this date last year. I'll copy it below...edited to add that it wasn't last year...it's from 7 years ago...makes more sense, but still...

"Five loads of laundry (four on the clothesline), second big canner of peeled/sliced/cored apples cooking for applesauce (first canner cooling), six trays of apple slices in the dehydrator, have a mountain of peelings ready to cook to make jelly...made a good dent in Gpa Denzyl's apple trees yesterday (will pick the rest in a day or two.) Heading out now to my trees...Lindsey and the kiddos have picked a lot of them, and she and David have been making applesauce too. God's blessings are endless!"

Wow...I just want to ask who was that person and what on earth happened to her this year? I will do good today to clean off the kitchen island so the kiddos can sit around it to help me cook or do crafts, and pick up the mountains of unfolded laundry (hope to get some of it "filed", lol) so nobody trips as they walk through the house.

Last edited:
Reactions: bct

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just got up from a short but helpful nap.

Julie, I gave you the choice to have me remove the post about the video, your comments about the SCOTUS and all responses to your post. You did not take me up on it. I assume it is because you had more to say on the subject. I think any further discussion is not productive so I am asking everyone to move on. Thank you for your prayers for Barb's DGD and I hope you enjoy your family.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

I have had a most stressful day on the phone today, trying to get my insurance with CVS straightened out. There had been no problems until I changed my drug insurance in March. After spending over 4 hrs. total, 1 1/2hrs. today with a supervisor plus a 3 way call with Medicare, I think we got it all fixed. The supervisor also told me to check with my DHs old employer because suddenly they were emerging after 6 years since he died. Where did they come from? What a nightmare. My bloodpressure shot up to 160 after I had gotten off the phone. Had to go outside and walk around....in the 96 degrees. So now I need to go back to CVS and get a printout of all I’ve been charged, wrongly, and send to United Health for reimbursement. Computers are wonderful when the input is correct.

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids,

Got more sleep last night but woke with a sinus headache. Sinuses have been painful and even making my eyes hurt. It's sapping my already low NRG. Claudia and I both got the FJ question so we got double virtual chocolate. Jeopardy is syndicated; we get it on NBC but Nancy gets it on CBS. There has been nonstop football on CBS so she couldn't participate. I can stream it on CBS through HULU when something else is on NBC here. Nancy only has her antenna. She doesn't even have internet up there. Has to go to DD's if she needs to get online. In a crunch, she can use her phone. I live with an embarrassment of options and am grateful.

Sun, what a mess! I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Is there some kind of nonprofit that helps people with Medicare there? We have several places people can go to get help. Because I am on UHC's Advantage Plan, my Rx is all part of the coverage with no need to carry extra ins. for my meds. It saves me a bundle and is easier but I do give up some choices. I am also sorry it is still so hot there. Sending up a prayer for you.

I have to get into the shower and wash my hair. Standing under the hot water will feel so good. I am sending prayers and good wishes for everyone.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I had the UH Advantage plan, and everything went along smoothly but when I had to get the PPO in february my agent had to change my drug plan because Advantage is an HMO, so he put me into this other UH plan. I had to change to a PPO from the HMO because my medical group was dropping the Cancer facility and wouldn’t pay after March 1. I needed to stay with my cancer doc and not be sent to a new one.

For some reason, crazy I’m thinking, something switched over with medicare and CVS now had my DH OLD insurance from 6 years ago as primary. Everything is run by medicare and they are the ones who decide the primary insurance. So on monday I’m going to call my DH old employer and see if any changes have been done by them, though I don’t think so. When he died it was a nightmare to have them roll over the 401 into an account for me. I had to hire an investment guy to handle this and even he had problems. We had a trust, I was sole beneficiary, but they wouldn’t accept the trust.

And I’ve been getting emails from the mail order drug company this past week and then a call from them yesterday, one hour after getting everything cleared up with the help from the UH supervisor. I was told I could get a 3 month supply of the inhaler for $225 instead of the one month I paid for $351. But after calling a supervisor for them it turns out it’s the insurance for my DHs employer. ???????

Sorry you’ve got sinus troubles again. I’m sure you’re doing the usual routine of steam and massaging the lymph nodes. My DD has had those problems for years and then found out from an ENT doc she has tiny sinus passages.

• Love

Mikie

Dear Sun,

OMG! What a mess with the insurance. I am so sorry. Yes, it's imperative to find out who is the primary insurer. It's usually only a factor in employer plans. It would be nice if you can save some $$ on those inhalers. Lets hope we can all start getting some price breaks on drugs. It's waaay overdue.

The steroidal nasal spray really helps my sinuses and it's much better, thanks. I did get my hair washed and the hot steamy shower helped too. I still have to style my hair and spray it. I'm thinking I'm due for a change of style but it will have to wait. I removed the polish from my toenails and clipped them. I just have to throw a coat of new polish on them.

I hope you can get this straightened out.

Love, Mikie

rockgor

barry, i finally checked out the fantasty fiction website. they seem to have plenty to offer. i checked out paul doherty and found some things i would order in the future. they don't have any used books for sale though. did i miss see this? they were all brand new paperbacks for $15.00 each. now i'm cheap and don't mind used books like amazon and will have to consider my purchases carefully.

what other medieval mystery authors do you recommend? hope you were able to get your appts with the drs. in order. it such a pain to have plans changed at the last moment.

sun, what a mess with the insurance on top of all of your other problems. don't know how you can tend your garden in this heat. you're made of stronger stuff than i - wilting.....

mikie, hope you will get to feeling more energy soon. you clean house more than i would. i'm just lazy. once i see dust bunnies in the corners i set them on fire and plant seeds.

i'm trying to plan what meals to make this weekend. it's a constant chore for me as i don't like leftovers more than 2 nights in a row. maybe a chicken? a stew would be too hot to handle. i don't know how spring can manage it for her family - TAKEOUT.

rock got a couple of books from the library and i hope it carries him thru the weekend as it'll be tuesday before any new books are put on the shelves.

later,

gordon

lydia1

Good morning, friends! Pretty chilly out today...we have the pellet stove going in the living room and Den lit a fire in the wood stove out in the shop. I think our low last night was to be 39 degrees, but it's up to the mid-50's now...

Sun, I'm so sorry about the mess with insurance. So not fair, and I hope it is straightened out now, for good. Den went on Medicare last October...I get to keep his employer insurance until I turn 65, since he worked for a municipality. We had to self pay for his prescriptions for two months after the first of the year due to some computer glitch, but got refunded when it finally got corrected. Put a pretty good dent in our budget at the time, though.

Mikie, sorry about the sinus headache...just saw you posted and glad you got some relief. My chiro really worked mine over when I saw him on Wednesday...I was fortunate that I had only suffered for a couple days, but it was continuous. I do the generic Flonase and it helps if I am regular with it. Also the steam treatments, nose rinses with saline water and colloidal silver...tis the season around here...but it seems to always be a season of something that affects our sinuses at our house...:rolleyes:

Glad Nancy can at least get to her daughter's to use the internet. People are often surprised that our county has such good "high speed" internet service, lol! Even though we live in the boondocks, our regular phone provider (we belong to a cooperative) has made it a priority for our area. Years ago, I actually worked for the company that trenched in the lines...I would hook up the different wires to a box at each residence. I quit when cold weather came...my fingers couldn't handle the cold and I couldn't work in gloves...but there were plenty of other "contractors" to take my place. Since we have a mostly metal home and shop, our cell phone service wasn't the best (Verizon), unless we were standing by a window or door...but Den got a booster to put up on the roof and now the cell phones work anywhere in the building.

Grandpa Den and I are being a little quieter this morning, since we have a teenager sleeping in, lol! My sweet hubby decided to go with me to get her yesterday...drove all the way to their town, but went late enough that we could also see Amy when she got off work. I think Den was concerned about me running out of energy...we had Clinton keep it a secret from the little kids...were they ever excited to see Grandma AND Grandpa, lol!

It had been since July that we last saw any of them. We didn't get to go to Kristian's adoption ceremony (Den and I were too sick) so we took his "welcome to the family" gifts yesterday. Den had an old Army trunk (think 30 gal tote, only ARMY, lol!) so he cleaned it up to give to Kristian. I had a little plastic "treasure chest" so I filled it with coins (the usual coins, plus a few specially selected one dollar coins)...I told Kristian it was a treasure chest to welcome our newest treasure to the family. He had just happened to get his new birth certificate in the mail with his corrected last name, so was going to open his own savings account with his stash :) I also gave Miley a little money gift and had printed off a bunch of "unicorn" activity sheets for her to work on (she and Liora are both crazy about unicorns ;) so they are very easy to provide for...)

Den and I ended up taking Keira out for their birthday suppers before we left their town...new Mexican restaurant that she had been wanting to try. They were pretty busy, so we had to wait awhile for our food, but that gave us time for some nice conversation...Keira is growing up to be quite an amazing young lady. Didn't get home till after 10:00 last night, but don't have any plans for today, other than whatever she might want to do...shopping, maybe?, LOL! Although, when I mentioned that I wanted to get her something else for her birthday (other than what I had mailed to her in her card, along with a bunch of disposable masks...only in 2020, right) she said, "Well, Grandma, there really isn't anything I need." Like I said...amazing. She did make us laugh on the drive home...out of the blue, she got all serious and said, "So, Grandma and Grandpa...how was it being quarantined together?" We told her that we're used to spending a lot of time, just the two of us...but it helps to have a big house, shop, yard and lots of other buildings on the farm so we could "spread out", if necessary, lol!

Anyway, I just stressed that this won't be a "work weekend" at all...she's been sick recently, and Den and I still get wiped out over nothing...so we're just going to play. Amy and the Littles will be here by lunchtime tomorrow, so I hope to get some extra cooking done and send lots of leftovers home with them. Clinton will probably stay home...he's the principal and Mr. Mom whenever the kiddos are home during the week, so needs a break once in awhile. Amy is always so appreciative when I send meals home with them, so I'll do what I can. She works hard, long hours all week at a dermatologist office...even though Clinton and the kids often have supper ready when she gets home...every little bit helps, true?

I'd better post this and see who else just hopped on...this laptop keyboard is so squirrely, I've already had to retype some of this W & P...

Hi Gordon! Sorry about all the heat you guys are having to deal with...here I am, gearing up for the first frost...ugh! Do you like to cook in a crock pot? That's what saves me lots of times...when it's hot out, when I just don't feel like doing much prep/cooking, etc. I could eat the same thing for days, but Den likes to skip a day in-between...so if I make too much, I put meal sized portions in the freezer. That's what got us through this recent bout of "whatever it was." Den doesn't cook, so we relied on our freezer stash...he will at least heat something up in the microwave, lol!

I find lots of books at Dollar Tree...they are new, and cheap enough I can just donate them somewhere when I'm finished reading.

I'd better grab my second cup of coffee and make some more for when our girl wakes up...Den and I usually finish a pot by ourselves, then have to make more whenever we have company. Or Keira might want to make herself a copycat Starbuck's caramel frappachino...we do that since we can't get to town easily. And a lot cheaper, lol!

Take care, everyone and have a great weekend...

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Good almost afternoon awl,

Just wanted to say HI and that I was gone a few days at home doing the same thing with no computer or TV. It was very interesting. I almost did finish a book I haven't finished ! Apparently there was a either a cut in the line or someone pulled it out for something DH was told. Spent the day almost all day in the house waiting for the serviceman. We thought he might be coming here and they didn't say he would just be working outside. We were going to go out for my birthday, tomorrow but ended up doing nothing. Next Saturday I will have some family over and then out to dinner. Have been to this place with another small group a year or so ago and it was nice. Not overly fancy and is on the grounds of a now B and B in a historic building not to far from us.

Really need to get out and to finish some hand washing I did before the towel falls apart in the bleach water. It has gotten very stained by pilled tea and looked so bad and washed many time but always looks bad. So out came the bleach for the first time in a very long time and am soaking the towel by itself.

MIKIE - So sorry for that little girl, Abby. I will pray for her also. Sorry especially when young ones have to go through all these problems and surgeries, etc. and special diets, etc. I hope they find the problem and can treat it OK. Hope you are feeling better.

SUN - Sorry for your pain.. Believe me I do understand. I even took 1/2 dose of CBD oil this a.m. for the first time to see what it would do to or for me. Nothing bad so far and might be feeling a tad better. We will see when I try taking 1 full dose. I have had this in my drawer for some time and keep forgetting to try it plus I do not want to take it when no one is at home in case it causes strange things things with my body. Be careful in that heat. You don't want to get sicker than you really feel.It is comfy hear today , in the 70'snow but 80's later I think.

JULIE - Glad you are doing OK , and trying to get things done but trying not to overdo. Not good esp when you have medical issues. Glad you popped in.

Going over to DD's a few houses down for dinner. Her DH is cooking a pork roast on the smoker/grill. I am ready every time I get the chance to eat out and not have to cook.

Thinking of everydobby. Just wanted to let you know I am alive and hanging in there considering my problem with the no TV and internet for a few days. The new phone also entered into the fray since things can even get a bit screwier when trying to change over.

Happy weekend to awl !!

Hugz and Love to awl,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I don't know whether I can get through this or not. My sinuses are causing me not to be able to understand much of what I read. I tried to read the story but I couldn't make sense of anything. This happened to me in my last year of college when I had a very difficult course that combined math and computers. I got ABX from my doc for the sinusitis but by then, I was behind. I had a sweet kindly prof who helped me get through the course. He had been my statistics prof too so he knew I wasn't a malingerer. I loved statistics. But, I digress...

I got the slipcover off of the sofa and it's in the washing machine. My Sjogren's is acting up and my tongue is sooo dry. AACCKK!! The Sjogren's always acts up when I'm down with something else. I will have to iron some of the slipcover but not the back that is against the wall. This isn't a lightweight slipcover like the ones that one buys to go on an old sofa. This is the one that came with it and it is heavy white denim. I love the look of white slipcovered sofas but I'm not sure I'd do it again. I just loaded it in the dryer and threw in a couple of the new Bounce dryer sheets that get rid of wrinkles. I'd love not to have to iron anything.

Gordon, no one is lazier than I. I am laughing about setting the dust bunnies on fire and throwing seeds on them. With your green thumb, you would likely get an orchard! Buy a roasted chicken at Costco and steam up some rice and you can eat for a couple of days.

Julie, yes, fall is always a bad time in normal climates. Here in the jungle, it can be any time. Right now there are trees, grass, weeds and mold. It is the messed up brain that is so awful. It's even worser than our usual brain fog. I'll keep up the remedies and hope it goes away. I hate to think about ABX. Eye doc really doesn't want me using steroids because they can cause glaucoma. I'm glad to see you and Den are enjoying the kids so much again. I'm also glad that virus is clearing up.

Granni, thank you for your prayers for Abby. My friend, Barb, has been so worried about her that she was crying at night when she went to bed. That broke my heart. Barb has been through a lot herself. Your SIL's roast pork roast on the smoker/grill sounds delicious. My DSIL loves his smoker and grill. He makes the best ribs I have ever eaten. Glad you got things fixed.

The livingroom is a mess with the sofa pulled out. I'm gonna vacuum behind it so I can slide it back in when I get the slipcover back on. Then, I'm gonna veg out. Don't think reading is going to distract me if I can't understand what I'm reading so it'll have to be TV. Heaven help me.

Hope all y'all are having a good weekend.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie: when I get a bad head cold it’s very hard for me to think. A few years ago I had sold some buttons on etsy...they looked similar to another listing. For the life of me I couldn’t make out the difference and you guessed it....I sent the wrong ones. But the customer was very nice and returned them to me so I could send out the correct ones. I remember almost crying that my brain just couldn’t work!

When does Abby get the results from the biopsy? Poor worried family. I’m praying nothing shows up. Has she been tested for celiac?

I went to CVS, got the print out for what drugs I had purchased this entire year....I think they were wrong about the amounts. Anyway, they refunded me the $351 and only charged me $27 for the steroid inhaler this time. I think there’s a mistake in their system but I’m not going to set them straight!!!! I felt like jumping for joy at that price.

Stopped at a garage sale on the way. The people were giving out gloves to use and sanitizer. I bought a brand new duvet cover still packaged up for $8. Original price $249. I don’t understand people buying then not using? I have to iron it now.

By the way, Mikie, when I have something heavy to iron I put my ironing board next to the bed or couch to hold most of it while ironing, of course you probably know that.

Granni: are you using the CBD under the tongue or rubbing it in? What is hurting? I’ve got 6 different brands and I gave up, I didn’t find they worked.

Gordon: laughing about your dust bunnies!

Willow77

Hi All,

Mikie- I too am having trouble with reading right now. I can watch mindless TV but I have been watching sewing on PBS and it is making my head feel all mushy and spinny. Much like math makes my head feel. It gets better when I am not so tired.

------------------------------

I am still playing catch up on all the little things like Dr. Appts that were put off and shopping for Mom etc.

I got the Dr. a month ago to prescribe a bladder installation but his office didn't follow through so I emailed them a week ago to get the treatment started. They emailed right back and after about 2 days of emails back and forth got it set up for me to see the nurse about how to mix the chemicals and do the treatment. I want to learn to do them myself at home so I can do as Sun did with her chemo and lie on each side for about 15 minutes so the bladder will be completely coated in the cocktail. You can't do that if it is done in the office. They have you up and out right after instilling.

I went to the appt yesterday and the pharmacy refused to give me the prescription unless I was a home health nurse. So I went upstairs and saw the nurse who was to teach me how to do the procedure. They were surprised about the pharmacy refusal and called the Dr., after about 10 minutes of sitting in the office the nurse came back and gave me some of the meds they had in the office, the Dr. didn't want me to wait the 2 days that the pharmacy said it would take for them to get the chemicals at this point. I tried to do the treatment at home and ended up spilling most of it, so we had to make the 45 minute drive back last night to get the chemicals, $252. We were in shock. When I got home and looked at the huge bag of stuff it turns out there is enough for 2 months so I feel a little better. I am to use the treatment once a week for a few months and then use it every other week, until I can hopefully get to once a month.

I had ordered some bras for Mom online and picked them up after my first appt and they didn't fit so I returned them after the visit to the pharmacy. So back to square one on that. So far I have had to return everything we have bought for Mom online. She isn't the same size on anything that she used to be so I will have to take measurements and do a lot of shopping and returning until we can figure out her size. She has lost a lot of weight and is down to 105 pounds and 5 feet tall. When she was in her late 60's she was 5' 5 1/2" and 130 pounds. She has a hernia with a large tummy bulge that protrudes to the side and her spine is a crooked from all the micro-fractures from osteoporosis, so getting anything to fit perfectly will be impossible. Her shoulders size is small but to get anything over the tummy takes a large and then it is still tight. I am letting her use my winter jacket if we can't find her one that half way fits. I had her try on all my jackets and coats to get an idea of styles that will work for her. She likes the fitted blazer with buttons but that won't go over the tummy. I had her try on my shoes and sandals and we have decided that a Mary Jane in 8 W may work for her, now I have to find a sale. She doesn't want to spend much. I have such sensitive feet that I will spend what ever it takes to get shoes so my Mary Janes were $189 but I can replace the insoles for $60 and it will feel like brand new shoes. The insoles are also cork so they mold to my feet and are like custom orthotics without the price. When I first started having such bad foot pain I spent $300 for custom orthotics, they fell apart in 6 months and weren't all that comfortable. Shoes with cork foot beds feel much more comfortable.

Sorry for rambling on and on. I really must go and start my day even if I don't want to.

Love to All,
Willow

rockgor

lydia, i do have a crock pot and have used it in the past for stews and making she prelim soup broth i'd use later for the actual soup. i haven't tried to use it for anything else as i'm so used to cooking stir fries dishes which happens in a moment. i saw a program on american test kitchen where they made chinese style bbq ribs. it took over 5 hours and then into the broiler. it is so much quicker to go down and buy them from a deli store when the taste for them hits me.

what i usually do in the summer months is plan dishes for 2 -3 days in advance and cook them in the morning and re-heat them for meals. the hardest part is the planning and prep. i don't know about anyone else but it seems that i cook the same things in a cycle. i like having something sweet/sour in the summer months to activate my taste buds. i do have many cookbooks and enjoy reading them but i don't always have all of the ingredients necessary to cook dishes that look interesing and what if it doesn't taste like i thought it would. you just can't go out and get them these days plus the heat outside kills. i have tried some reciepes but i thought of how to make them taste more to my liking for the next time. cooking for rock is easier. potato, white castle burger, meatball soup or anything with canned tuna.

sun, it's going to be cooler next week and will plan on going to alhambra for supplies. will shop for rock tomorrow, choc. milk, bread, fruit and anything free they might be giving away.

oh goodie, just check the library website and we have 20 books in transit. something to look forward to and some of them are for me.

later all,

gordon

sunflowergirl

Willow: so very sorry for all your running around and infusion troubles. If you’re close enough to a nurse to do it, you could just drive home immediately then roll around like I did. It took me over an hr. to drive home but still spent an hr. at home. Are you allowed a home care nurse? And here’s a possible suggestion for your mom’s tummy troubles.....I used to purchase maternity pants for my mom but cut out the labels before she saw them. OMG....she’s really lost a lot of inches!

Willow77

Sun
Maternity pants are a good idea, I will probably do that. She has cut out the sides of all her pants so she has room for her tummy.

Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids,

Not much to tell. Joe called last evening. We are getting ready to start the paving project on the 26th. The cars on his street will move to our street. The next day, I will move my car to his street. It's like musical chairs but with cars. I'm going to move mine the day before to ensure I get a place to park. I could likely use a reserved spot for someone who is up North. For more than a year, management has been telling people they have to have stickers for their cars and hang tags for their guests' cars. Now, they are being told that any cars without stickers or tags will be towed. Some people in here don't care and they will be surprised when their cars are towed away. It's expensive to get them out of hock.

One of Joe's neighbors left his car and took the keys with him. He is mailing the keys to Joe but they haven't arrived. Again, everyone is told to leave car keys with a neighbor or the management office. The first two days, they will be digging up the existing blacktop and hauling it off. It will be a dusty event. I am not going to dust in here until that part of the job is done. I cancelled the pressure washing of our walks until the paving is completed.

Sun, I'm glad the button fiasco on Etsy turned out okay in the end. If you felt anything like I do, I can understand how it happened. I don't think Barb knew just when the biopsy results were due. She was about to cry when she was telling me about it so I didn't press for details. Abby's aunt is a nurse and was with her throughout the procedure so she wasn't as scared as she might have been. I'll let you know about it as soon as I hear. That's a great co-pay on the inhaler. I hope it will continue to be that much. Good score on the duvet. I have a down duvet that I never use because it's too much here in the jungle. Again, hope you get everything straightened out.

Willow, mushy and spinny exactly describes how my poor pea brain feels when I try to concentrate. This must be the season for catching up on doc appts. Barry is doing this and so am I. Down here, about all we wear are sandals. I buy Skechers flip flops and they are super comfortable and they last a long time. I need some bras and underwear. I had to take my bra off for the EKG at the doc's office. When I lay it down, it looked gray under the lights. It looked white at home. Next bra will be flesh tone. I'm going to buy a sports bra. My friends tell me they like them better. Sun's idea about the maternity pants is great. I know Target carries maternity clothes and they aren't expensive.

Gordon, I won't try any recipes with a lot of ingredients. I'm too lazy in my old age. Glad you have some books to pick up. Tell Rock we miss him on the Porch.

The big Sunday newspaper calls out to me so I'll bid y'all adieu til later. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Love, Mikie

lydia1

Good morning, friends! Happy birthday to Granni! Hope you get to do something a little special today...

1603025851260.pngGot up early to try to get a few things done to get ready for lunch and some of the extra cooking I'm hoping to do before Amy and the little kids get here. Keira and I ended up getting three large pizzas yesterday (reminds me of our family favorite when the girls were still home, but that pizza place closed years ago.) We can heat up pizza to eat today, then divide up the other things for both our families to eat throughout the week. Trying not to be disappointed in myself cause I sure don't have the necessary energy or functioning brain cells to accomplish much, but I'll just do my best.

Keira and I had a great day yesterday. First stop on our "power birthday shopping trip" was Goodwill, lol! Kristian needed some "play" clothes (ones he can get really grungy when he visits Grandma and Grandpa on the farm, lol!) and Keira found several tops to add to her wardrobe. Got some drive-thru lunch, ate in a parking lot, then stopped in at Kohl's to look for her some jeans. As luck would have it, my Kohl's card had expired when I went to pay for the two pair she found, so when I renewed it at the register, I got 35% off the already sale price...ended up equaling getting one whole pair of jeans free!

A quick trip to Wal Mart finished us up...oh, I forgot the stop at the home supply for more wood stove pellets (Keira loaded all ten of the 40# bags for me, lol) and disposable face masks (individually wrapped...35 cents each.) The cashier there had a pretty pink one on, so we asked where she got them (one of the grocery stores in town) so we also ran by that store and I got Keira four more packages of 10...pink, green, black and purple/pink tye die. The rest of the family has several washable cloth ones, but Keira says she can breathe better (especially playing volleyball) with the disposable one.

Grabbed our pizzas and headed home...Den and Keira had the van unloaded by the time I got off the phone with Amy. By then, both us girls were pooped, so we all had a lazy evening...will just see what happens today...I know my family understands, but this brain fog and lack of energy is very draining, as so many of us have experienced.

Willow, I dreamed about you and all the things you do for your mom...you and your hubby moved closer to her at just the right time, sounds like. Reminds me so much of when we moved my parents to the farm, as I've probably already explained. And before they agreed to move here (mobile home and all...that was a sight to see pulling down our lane, lol!) and I had realized they needed more help than what Mom's home health nurse could provide (only so many hours on the schedule each week) I would cook food and take it to them (they lived 1 1/2 hours away.)

Since Den's mom had died a couple years prior, I was already cooking and delivering to Den's dad 20 miles away (before sis moved up here to "supposedly" take care of Grandpa.) Anyway, I would fix around 15 different things (main dishes, salads, deviled eggs, etc., etc.) and package them in divided freezer containers...probably the same as you do for your mom. Den's dad would eat his and return the empty containers for "refills", but when I would go back to my parents' with more food...what I had taken a week or so earlier was still sitting in the fridge and freezer. Their dementia (Dad worse, but Mom also...but we didn't realize/no diagnoses yet) had been progressing and all they could think to eat was the same "store bought" cheap TV dinners, and hot dogs. Thankfully, they agreed to move to our farm and lived with us for 8 months before we had to move them to the care center.

I just think of all you do for your mom and I know what a blessing it is to her...

Gordon, meal planning is the hardest part for me, also. I love stir fry, but would love to learn more about the "seasoning" side of that and other styles of cooking...we Mid-westerners tend to sometimes be a little "timid" in that department, lol! And, yes, Rock and I probably grew up with the same kinds of "comfort" foods, so I know what you mean ;) You are a good and caring partner for him, to cook his favorite foods, too.

Rock, hope you are finding enough books to keep you busy...

Barry, hope you get your appts. all taken care of, then can relax for awhile.

Well, guys...I guess I'd better get off the computer and get up and around. The house is quiet, because Den and Keira are still sleeping...but I had to just let Oreo out, then Peace Sign came in (and is head butting me to get her some breakfast...silly kitty, lol!) So, I'd better just say a quick "Hi" to everyone else...take care!

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I think CVS just lumped all the RX charges under UH, but I actually had two separate policies here. So I’m wondering if UH will catch this and make me pay. I’ve got so many things to be concerned with so will just put that out of my mind.

It’s cooler this morning so I went out for a walk around the neighborhood. There’s a house a few streets from me who are having their front yard done professionally, so it should just be interesting to see how it turns out. A few months ago they started working on their own, had a big load of compost delivered and tried to make hills out of it. River rocks are popular out here and they had one of those “river beds”, so they removed all the rocks and left them for a couple of weeks on the sidewalk *&^%$#@ That was before the compost delivery. Two weeks ago I saw it was all now leveled and a sign showing the company. This morning I saw they now had HUGE boulders delivered, I’m talking about 3’ across. It takes a crane to deliver ones like this.

And you can’t miss the house for the front double gate painted a glaring bright bright yellow. I’ll bet the neighbors love that! Almost as bad as my neighbor across the street who had the front of their house painted a bright turquoise. For over 6 months I would be talking to someone in the city and they would ask where I lived...I told them....their reply was....”are you near that turquoise house?” This is the neighbor who still has her lit christmas tree in her front window....going on 3 years. Two nights ago I saw something else lit up in front of her christmas tree lights....looked at it in the daylight.....a large ghost that lights up at night. I could write a book on them. This is his 5th marriage, she used to be a nun.

I’m going to do a little rearranging in my front yard this morning before my gardener comes tomorrow. I have another large agave I want him to cut and plant in front.

Spring: I thought of you yesterday while I was making a curry. You talk about it all the time, so dug out one of my new cookbooks, used 1/2 a can of coconut milk with cooked veggies, seasonings and left over chicken. Yummy over brown rice.

bct

Short Post.
Feeling crappy today. It must be the stars. Has anyone seen Mars so bright in the sky now?

Gordon, Fantasticfiction is a source for books, new and used, from several vendors, including Amazon.
Peter Tremayne is one of my favourite authors, also Susanna Gregory, Rosemary Rowe, and Ruth Downie.

Feeling sad. Politics, pandemic, so many dying..., homelessness, guns, climate change deniers and, and, and..... I must stop.

I'll have a cup of tea -- Bancha Hojicha -- nice and mild, and talk to my dogs and my stepdad.

Over.
Blessings,
B.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just fixed a bacon cheeseburger from one of the patties in my Omaha Steak box. It was delicious. I had one French hamburger bun from the Publix bakery left so used it. I used Swiss cheese and some nice juicy bacon. Love my little Cuisinart grill/pannini/griddle. I've had it for years and used it for everything including pancakes on the griddle. I spent the morning reading the paper and watching the Sunday news shows. I will be washing the sofa cushion covers. The slipcover is clean and back on the sofa. I put two of those Bounce dryer sheets in and I could get by without ironing it. I think I'll heat the iron and just touch it up on the sofa. It's a big job and I'll be glad when it's done.

Granni, Happy Birthday! It's on my calendar but I didn't look at it this morning. I hope you have a wonderful well-deserved day with family and love all around you.

Julie, you're doing a lot more than I can do since having that virus and it was nine months ago. Your family just wants to enjoy you and don't care about cooking. Sounds as though you got some good deals.

Sun, it's good to adopt Scarlett's mantra to think about it tomorrow. I do it a lot. I hope they get it straightened out and you owe nothing and continue to get a low co-pay on the inhalers. I'd have a problem if I had to use a steroidal inhaler on a regular basis. I've have high pressure in my eyes but no glaucoma. My Mom had the same thing and never developed it. Steroids can cause it so my doc wants me to be careful. That neighbor sounds like a colorful character. The house we started out with in CO had beautiful natural cedar siding. After we sold it, the owners painted it lavender. It is now painted a tasetful earthy tan.

A Bronco fan in Denver who was a professional house painter always painted his house orange with blue trim during football season. He repainted it afterward. The house could be seen from the freeway. We also had The Barrel Man who only wore a barrel no matter how cold. Denver fans are nuts. I ran into The Barrel Man in Disney World. Bet he never thought he would see a fan in FL. The next house we bought was in a hood where you had to get permission to change house colors. When we landscaped it, I dug a small drainage ditch from the back of the house to the front so water could run off. I lined it with river rock. The next door neighbors dug a short ditch and let their water run into mine. It looked so nice. Your curry sounds so good. I could eat most anything that is curried.

Barry, we were posting at the same time. I am also down with all this negative stuff going on. It gets to a person after a while. I don't see how we can go on if things don't change. A bit of good news is that an expert was on TV saying that it is possible to draw the carbon dioxide out of the air mechanically. It can then be used for things like production of soft drinks. It would be expensive but could be done. It would be better to stop burning fossil fuels. The kids of today will be the ones really pushing for change. They will inherit this mess. Do people never learn that denying problems just makes them worser? Doh!! It's been too cloudy to see Mars or anything else. Hope all of us can relax and that things will turn out okay. Let your tea soothe you.

OK, Kids, I'm off to wash the cushion covers. Hugs to everyone.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love