PORCH 1233 IS NOW CLOSED (11/21/20) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1233 IS NOW CLOSED (11/21/20)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

image.jpeg

Dear Prochies,

It's time for a new Porch. As always, please go back to the last Porch, 1232, to read the final posts. Spring posted a nice newsy one since yesterday. I'll be back later. The Thanksgiving Parade always officially marks the start of the Holiday Season. We can still celebrate the holidays in our hearts even if we can't do things as we usually do.

Love, Mikie

Home again, home again, and again. I knew I was missing something when I left for Publix but it wasn't until I was shopping that I realized it was my money and credit cards. I had the cashier save the order after I bagged it and went home to get it. I got my credit card and paid for it at C/S. Good thing I live close to the store. Because I don't feel great, nothing looked good to me so I didn't get much. The cost of things has skyrocketed. People are evidently hoarding again; the paper product shelves were empty. Groundhog Day all over again, and again, and again.

News interviewed a nurse at the hospital in my Mom's home town in NE. It's a small town but has a nice hospital to serve all the rural area around it. Same with a small town in southern CO where my DBIL went to college. Same all over the country where the hospitals are running out of professional healthcare workers. Doctors are exhausted and angry when they see people putting everyone at risk. All I can do is stay home and wear a mask when I have to go out. And pray...

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: Macy’s day parade pic. You may remember that last year I was alone for thanksgiving because my DD and family all went to NY to be in it. They had a great time though and it was fun for the kids. Now look what a year has brought us.

My DGS was accepted to a college he had applied to and they gave him a $12,000 scholarship for each year. My SIL told me yesterday that he had made an offer to DGS that if he went to the local Jr. college to do his required classes instead of the other one, he would give him $20 thousand each year and put it into a special bank account. SIL was telling me that he has a friend whose son went away to college this semester to Arizona State. But because of the covid he said it’s LONELY living in the dorm by himself, eating meals by himself because the school is only 10% occupied. So he’s coming home at christmas permanently until things change. Think of the $$ spent for his tuition and board and he’s living alone.....not the college life he thought he would experience.

Got my test yesterday with no hitch so now I’m just waiting for the results. I was told it was the reliable 3 day one. I’m praying for a positive otherwise what do I have? Like clockwork the fever comes on around noon, though I’ve noticed not as much body aches and of course still overly fatigued. Since I cough a lot anyway with the COPD and have a runny nose, don’t notice a difference though it seems to be harder to “cough up” than before. My SIL was telling me that one person in his business said the same thing about the fever...like clockwork in the evening and the bad fatigue. Another seemed to have the same symptoms as me. Both tested positive. One is back at work and the other is supposed to come back on monday.

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

I have mixed feelings about testing pos. I'd rather have had a different virus because the Covid might be much worse for us. My doc says any virus can do horrible damage, especially to the heart and lungs. I'm so sorry the fever persists. I hope and pray you feel better. I'll likely never know what I had in Jan. I see no benefit in knowing. Yes, I remember when your kids went to NYC for the parade. My kids have gone and had a wonderful time. I love NYC. I just hope this terrible nightmare is behind us soon.

Congratulations to your DGS for the scholarship. If I were him, I might be inclined to take the $20 grand and stay close to home. I think it was a fantasy that college could be the same with this pandemic running rampant.

Please take very good care of yourself so you can heal. I think we have to be more vigilant than 'normal' people. It seems to be the inflammation that does the damage. Most of us have high levels of it caused by our conditions. Viruses only make it worse. Prayers going up...

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

Yes, we do have to be more diligent than “normals”. That brings to mind something that has been bothering me. My SILs mom, when she calls asks “how have you been” and I usually answer something like....”hangin there”. She told me the other day. sounding annoyed at my response said, You always say that! Healthy people don’t want to hear our troubles so I don’t unload. I was shot down years ago by others close to me. So should I just tell her how I’m feeling? I don’t think she wants to hear that. I think she wants to go to her fantasy world and I should tell her I’m feeling great and life is wonderful and we’re all going to Heaven.

I emailed my DS last night that I had the covid test. he said he doubted I had covid because every year at this time I get sick for weeks and he proceeded to email me OLD emails from the past about how sick I was and with what. (apparently he must save my complaining emails) That didn’t sit right with me and I’m thinking of how for most of my life people around me have fluffed off my health issues......starting at the top of the list with my husband. My dad had a lot of aches and pains and stomach problems. Back then doctors would make house calls and I can’t tell you the terror of me waking up around 2 am to the sound of voices in the LR. It was the doctor come to check my dad then he would go thru a whole slew of medical tests. My mom already had that ”there’s nothing wrong with you..it’s all in your head” type of thinking and never gave him sympathy. He died at 56 from a massive heart attack. She lived to almost 99, so all those years she must have wondered if things could have been different. I guess I want a positive so I will have vindication for my complaints for this past month.

And I forgot to say ewwwwwwww! Sticky syrup all over the floor!!!!! What a nightmare. And having to clean it all up. Worse than when I accidentally broke the glass shelf in my frig and it exploded all over the kitchen and into the laundry room. Glass fragments everywhere. I had Savannah over at the time and I had to yell to her to go lay down and I rushed to close off all the kitchen doors. It would have been awful if she had cut one of her paws.

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

I can see why a pos. result might show them that you truly are sick but I'm guessing it won't make much difference. They have the 'denial syndrome' just like people who believe Covid is like any other flu. When people ask me how I am, I usually say, "I'm okay. How are you"? You could also say sarcastically, "Just livin' the American dream." My friends and family know that just trying to be normal is a challenge every day for me. I can only imagine how scary it was to have your Dad so sick. Everything is scary for kids.

I think cleaning up the syrup was better than having broken glass all over the place. I just mopped it for the third time and I think it is finally clean. I pulled out the stove and cleaned behind it too so that all the kitchen is clean.

Teresa next door called to say they had bought a little dresser and wondered whether I could lend them the Highlander or take one of them to pick it up at the thrift store. I said I'd drive because, in the event of someone else's causing an accident, it's easier to be with one's own car. She said she would ride with me. I have noticed her DH is a bit strange but just figured he is shy. She said he isn't comfortable riding with anyone else and always wants to drive. She said if he saw how I drive, he would likely be okay riding with me. When we came back, I told him it was amazing--there were no accidents and no one died. They carried the little dresser up. It was more like a credenza. I was happy to do it and get my car out for a drive.

I hope that, whatever you have, you recover fast with no residual symptoms.

Love, Mikie

springwater

sun - I don't think a positive result would change your Son's MILs attitude. People who are healthy don't get it at all unless they're more empathetic than normal.

I stopped saying I'm tired or depressed when friends asked because I sensed them rolling their eyes. And well, it must have been tiresome for them too because it was over years and years.

It was just years later my friend's sister said she noticed I looked tired when I said I wasn't keeping well. Like I hadn't had a good nights sleep in days. Yes, I did feel relief that. It was showing and they believed me.

I'm glad to hear you completed the test.

mikie - nice that you got out for a while. While helping your friend that too. Today I insisted on someone taking me out of town and into the country. I was soo tired of the humdrum. My DH took me. We drove about an hour out of the city to this botanical garden cum park but it was and has been closed since March.

However, it was good to see some green and hills. We stopped at a restaurant enroute and had our lunch there. I had veg dumplings and DH biryani (rice dish). It was a good spacious place..lots of social distance.

Everybody, keep well.

God bless

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

What a day. I just got back from moving my car back to Joe's street so they can stripe our street tomorrow. The new composite bumpers look sooo nice. We will be getting mulch for around our plants and a new fence around the pool. We won't know how to act. DD called. My DSIL's brother died of a heart attack. They are still waiting to get his body home. This has been so hard for the kids. Wish I were there but there is really nothing I can do except be here for them and let them know how much I love them. The pain is still so raw for him and I think it's always more tragic when someone dies in his 50's. We did what a good Irish family does--we cried and we laughed and cried some more. This has been one of those days when nothing went as expected. Good thing I'm flexible.

My free goodies came today. I got such a nice touchless thermometer. I just hold it in front of my forehead and it takes my temp. The little digital screen is green when the temp is normal and turns yellow and then red if it goes up to running a fever. I'm gonna give Joe my old one that you stick in your ear.

Spring, yes, it feels so good to have someone believe in us and recognize that we have health issues. Even when they do though, they often think our exhaustion is like theirs when they don't sleep well the night before. No one can possibly know our pain and exhaustion. I'm so glad you got out of the city to see some greenery. I should go over to the park across the street but I get so far behind in here that I hate to expend my NRG unless it's cleaning. I should be kinder to my spirit. It's healing. It's also good that you got to eat lunch together. Take good care of yourself.

I started watching a thriller on Prime. Can't even remember the name but I think it's Absentia. I'm about ready to settle down to watch the secrets of the Windsors. Y'all know that I'm fascinated with the Royal Family. I don't admire them but am fascinated with the whole concept of having a family rule a country or, in the case of Britain, most of the world one generation after another. Of course today, they are more figureheads. I'm so tired that I need something easier to watch than a thriller.

Shadows grow long across the pond so will bid y'all a good evening. Sleep well, friends.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Granniluvsu

Hi there Porchies,

Not to much new around here on this lazy saturday.. Just took a walk and did 2 washes along with making breakfast, lunch and cleaning up after meals. Also ordered a few things on line, nothing exciting.

MIKIE - Wow what a feeling after you found out you left your cc and wallet at home. They were nice to keep the stuff for you and glad you live closeby. We have done that a few times to and it has gotten to almost be a joke since DH went to the stores a few times without his DL, not good. Now when he or we are going to the stores or womething we check each other. He does it more than I since I just grab my purse and everything is in the purse. Men just put things in their pockets, or forget to. Thx for the Macy's parade picture. Brings back memories. When we moved to TX it as the Foleys parade. Now who knows. DH used to take the kids to the parade and I would be cooking and or the the Rodeo parade. I love parades but the standing for long periods and my urinary problems would prohibit it.

SPRING - So glad you got out and away from home for even a few hours. To bad the gardens were closed but at least you got to see them and had a nice lunch out with DH. Believe me I have learned a long time ago not to keep mentioning how crappy you feel as they really don't understand and get tired of hearing it. When people ask me anymore I tell them OK, still hanging in there. NO one TRULLY sympathizes unless they to have the same thing.

SUN - How wonderful that your DGS got such a good deal fro the college along with a god one from his dad. Makes alot of sense to me. That is what out one DGS is doing now. He graduated HS in May and is doidndg virtual ( I believe credits on line at the community college) until hopefullyhe can get into Jr and then regular college. He is one of the sons of DCD. They don't havaae that much money . He is very quiet but is a good kid. Hope your cat scratch is feeling better along with everything else.

NOthing else exciting around here. Going to pick up pizza again, we both love it to much to stay away and one night I don't have to cook. YAY !!

Bye for now and hope all the Porchies are doing well and feel at least half way decent.

Love,
Granni :)

sunflowergirl

Spring: so nice you got out and could experience some nature and greenery. Usually you’re out with just your DKs...did it feel strange to be without them this time? Sounds like a nice day for you. We all need to charge up our batteries and seeing nature without crowds will often do the trick. I need to reply to my SILs mom with something other than “hangin in there”. I try to keep it lighthearted though. It’s almost like she’s probing for more in depth? She’s been pretty lucky in life with marrying her boyfriend from HS, and eventually being financially secure. Hasn’t really gone thru much pain, etc. in her life for the most part, although she’s been treating for blood leukemia for about 3 years. It’s under control with meds so far. They travel quite a lot during the year too, though because of the covid they’ve been grounded a little

Mikie: I think once they’re able to get SIL’s brother’s body home and a burial or whatever, then healing will begin. Nothing like new asphalt to spiff up the neighborhood!

Granni: yes, I do hope my DGS decides to take the $ and attend the local Jr. college. He’s applied to other local 4 year colleges around their house but my thinking is why....if you can get the same classes for a pittance. I went to that jr. college as did my SIL, and about a year ago I had been in that area, trying to find the Farm Produce Store for the one college and wandered onto the Jr. college campus and was amazed at the size of it now. Who knows when things will get back to “normal”.

I’ve been sleeping off and on all day, but so far haven’t needed tylenol since yesterday at noon. I read that if you can go 3 days without a fever and NOT taking tylenol then the crud is out of your system. Last night I wasn’t sleepy when 9 PM came so I finished a movie and popped in “Christmas with the Kranks”......OMG I had forgotten how very very funny it was. So I went to bed at 11 PM and slept pretty much until 6 this morning.

here’s some really cool/funny/sad pictures for you to peruse.

Last edited:

springwater

Sun - your DGS is so fortunate that he has wonderful options for college. And his other grandma is healthy except for the leukaemia. And that you are a talented artist and an independent granma. When one thinks of all the poverty and misery going on. We here call it good karma. Something earned in past lives. I was remembering how heartbroken I was when I had to drop out of my college in another town when the person I was banking on to sponsor me just didn't come thru.

Now I know there were reasons in the great plan of life things happened the way they did but fr years I dreamt everyone had graduated and I couldn't find my exam papers. It was painful for an 18 year old. Especially when there were girls who did wayyy worse than me in studies all our school years going off to coveted colleges. It's only now I have made peace with it. And understood that was the way it was meant to be.

I think my DD had a talk with DH about being more considerate and talking more respectfully to me as a partner, he behaved very well. I didn't miss the kids. I think both kids were praying we wouldnt have a blow up going off on our own.

Mikie - how awful for your DSIl family. 50s is so young. At least you all know the cause. Yes, sending out healing prayers is all one can do for others in these times. I believe the prayers work.

I am fascinated by royalty. Well, before P Di. Queen elizabeths all three. The glamour! The responsibilities. I wouldn't want to be a royal unless I was of the disposition like Queen Elizabeth I and III.

Granni - don't even ask me what how many umbrellas I have lost going out or packages I hv left at the shops. I usually shop alone.

Yes, it's been very challenging for young ones with their school college years being hijacked in a manner.

What a year it has been!

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Spring: I’m so glad your little excursion with your DH went off good. Good that your DD got some sense into his head. I hope it continues and you two can find some common ground.

My DH and I started marriage out great, we were poor and struggling but had fun together. I think once the children kept coming, he probably felt pushed to the side. Most men feel that way. And then when I developed Fm he really had no sympathy for me. So I could see that “wall” going up between us I remember a very small but powerful thing happened and it was at that time that mentally I just threw up my hands and told myself I wouldn’t be the one anymore to turn this around if he didn’t want to work on the marriage also. So we just lived the usual marriage......cold, aloof, with very little communication. I lived my life the best I could and he would go off to work every day. He worked until he died, never retired

Yes, my two oldest DGKs don’t realize how very very lucky they are. They’re basically given so much more than many other kids have. I’ve prayed that they wouldn’t get spoiled by it all. So far I think they have a good head on their shoulders. I try to stay close and point out that the majority of kids would love what they have.

I’m sorry that going to college didn’t work out for you especially when it was what you wanted so much in your life. If it’s the wisdom and knowledge you have missed out on, you can still continue to learn thanks to the internet.

Yes, I am lucky that I can still stay independent. I breaks my heart when I see the long food lines everywhere. How frightening for people to worry about getting food for their families, and shelter. This is a country of haves and have nots and the divide is getting larger. I was watching The Roosevelts on PBS the other night, it was about the depression era. Made me see a correlation of what we’re seeing now.

Mikie: I meant to look up that learning site that you recommended. What was the name of it again?

I’m up after sleeping 5 hrs. but 1:30 in the morning is NOT the time to be getting up. My sleeping schedule is so messed up, it’s going to take me a long time to get back to normal. But so far the fever seems to have left. Still waiting for the results.

Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids,

Got a good night's sleep after going to bed early. SV slept on top of me for quite a while. I was actually glad when he decided to move because I needed to move my body. I read a bit more of the Lucia and Mapp book. Think I'll read something different when I finish; it's a big book. I made a mistake--the show I'm watching is The Private Lives of The Windsors. I didn't realize that the Royal Family was so unpopular following WWI. First of all, people saw no reason that England had entered that war. Second, so many had died in service. Finally, it's always a strain when soldiers return en masse from fighting. The king sent his children out on goodwill trips to convince everyone that royalty was worth having. Quite a difference from how popular they were following WWII.

Granni, cashiers have the ability to save an order after it has been rung up. It produces a receipt with a bar code on it. All C/S has to do is scan that bar code to bring the order back up so it can be paid. I used to do it all the time when I was working at Publix. It's fairly common for people to forget their money and credit cards. I actually check to make sure I have pants on before I go out. We all hang out at home in our jammie bottoms or underwear beneath robes. The joke with us is, "Wait til I put on my pants," when someone wants us to come out. Joe's joke is telling me I don't have to put on pants for him. Teresa and I will text one another, "Put on your pants and come on out." I figured I'd put up the turkey pic since Thanksgiving is this week. Santa can wait til later. I love pizza too but haven't had any for quite a bit. Can't wait for the virus to be under control so I can go to the NY pizza place downtown if it's still there.

Sun, the website for free learning is The Khan Academy. I signed up but haven't had time or brain power to start any classes. I love learning so much; I think learning should be a lifelong endeavor. What wonderful news that your fever has gone. I hope it continues. I'm sorry your marriage wasn't what you wanted and needed. Things didn't turn out well for me in that respect either but I do think you and I make the most of living our single lives. Continue to get better.

Spring, I'm so sorry your dreams for college fell through. That must have been very hard at such a young age. In that one peaceful spiritual experience I had recently, I had some insight and knowledge. Think I've mentioned that I found out there is purpose in suffering even though we can't always see it in our mortal lives here on Earth. The other was that, despite how difficult things are, everything is just as it is supposed to be. I know it was some kind of divine experience because I only have had that level of peace and felt that level of love when I have one of them. They are very rare but I feel so blessed to have had them. I don't know why I have had these things happen but the message is so very comforting to me that I want to share it with people I love.

Barry, Rock, Gordon, Willow, Judy, Julie and all our MIA Porchies, I hope all y'all are doing well. Stop in when you can.

Love, Mikie

• Love

bct

Hi e-one.
Hope y'all ain't as tired as me. Have been for the last week or so.... so what's new...

What is democracy? I can't remember any more.
What does USA stand for? I see no united any more.... so sad.

Why is this country the highest in Covid cases? Is it because the govt. take enough firm action?

I'll stop my grumbling, but I feel bitter today. It's grey, foggy and cold. We'll get into the 50's today; no rain in sight. I've got a tele-conference with my PCP scheduled for next week to go over my lab results. I've got to get lots of dental work done, an ultrasound, and ....will stop my grumbling.

Please be aware that if you are checked into this site and are banned you will lose ALL your previous posts. When I was banned, 4 or so yrs. ago, I lost all my posts since joined PH in 2003... made me wonder why. I guess because I never log out.... DUH!

Covid is on a huge surge. STAY HOME!!!!

Love to all, sorry to be so sad.
Hope you are feeling good.
Peace to the world.

Barry

Mikie

Hi, Barry,

You could ask Tech Support about your old posts. I'm sorry you are feeling so sad today. There is enough going on to make anyone feel that way. I hate it when I have a lot of appts. Just take them one at a time. There is enough blame to go around with the Covid but plenty of it belongs to those who will not wear masks and won't social distance. They are the very ones who want everything opened up. Is it stupidity, inability to reason? I really don't know. They can't have it both ways. It is infuriating when one sees the toll it is taking on our doctors and nurses, some who have died taking care of others.

Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

I pulled up the church online (I USED TO ATTEND) just to see what the evangelical leaders are saying. This week nothing about the election results so I guess it’s finally sinking in. I consider this pastor to be a rebel leader in the church community so with him not talking about the election he has now turned to the governor of california and the shutdown. Telling his flock that this shutdown is the end of our country. This is the same pastor who about 8 weeks ago held up a face mask and told everyone it doesn’t protect you and to just not even bother. Can you imagine how angry I am at him and others like him. IF the leaders FROM THE BEGINNING OF ALL THIS had listened to the medical experts and told everyone to WEAR A MASK this would have been slowed instead of ratcheting up even more.

• Love

Mikie

Hi, Everyone,

Just got back from moving my car into my very own parking spot. Everything looks so good. Saw Joe and he is wearing his knee brace. I'm sure he will call me later to ask me to close the pool gate. I'm happy to do it. Last evening when he called and asked whether I would do something for him, I said, "Maaaybe!" That got a laugh out of him. He and a couple of other board members have worked their tails off during this project. I'm glad it's over. Also glad they decided to just number the reserved spots from 1 to 167 instead of putting unit numbers on them. It's only taken me 23 years to get them to do it this way. Much safer.

After such a hectic day yesterday, I decided to take it easy all day today. The only thing I did was check out Grace's condo and the kids' condo downstairs. Grace's one toilet had some dirt in it so I'll have to run their water a long time in the tub before flushing the toilet. That happened from the water leak we had a while back. Plumber has never billed us for it. I had to go after them to bill us before and I'm not going to chase them again. Glad I've done the budget analysis for this year. It's a load off my pea brain. We currently have no treasurer so it's all on my shoulders.

I had a soak in the tub and my legs feel better. I think maybe tomorrow I'll go walk in the pool but not til later if it's cold out. Have a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

I know how infuriating this all is. Our country is in horrible straits economically, spiritually, health wise and Constitutionally. It didn't have to be like this. The only ones who have it right are the scientists and healthcare experts, and a few leaders who listened to them. Unfortunately for them, and all of us, they are not being listened to by too many.

I go back to the Serenity Prayer in times like this and then look at what I have control over and don't have control over. I can stay home and wear a mask when I have to go out. I can pray. That's about it. I have muted the TV sometimes because it's too upsetting to listen to some people. The other thing I can do is continue to be informed but even that can be stressful.

So, I pray, try to rest and divert my attention to TV and reading. Try to do something to de-stress. You've been sick and this isn't good for any of us. You know I'm keeping you and all of us in my prayers.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

Got a few minutes while DH cooks the steak and my potatoes and brussel sprouts are baking in the oven.

MIKIE - Glad you got your own parking spot now - YAY !! HOpe you feel a little better. We all can do what we can with the situation. Sitting and complaining about it will not help so we just keep busy and do what we can. Yes, praying and keeping with the protocol too. Went to church did not sing today and they only have a certain number of singers from the group at one time. We all wear a mask when we should when we are out and about but outside with no one around, forget it.

HI to ALL, SPRING ad SUN glad all is well more or less.. BARRY too !! Hope ROCK and GORDON, WILLOW er al are doing OK too.

Need to run and get the rest of the dinner together..

Love,
Granni

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Slept eight hours last night but was up in the middle of the night cleaning up after SV threw up on the carpet. AACCKK!! Then he went right out and ate. Guess it's nothing serious. Think I'll go over to the pool this morning. It's almost 70 degrees out. A new cold front will come through this afternoon and cool us down again. Weatherman says temps will drop about ten degrees tomorrow.

On 60 Minutes they featured a 'Long Hauler' whose Covid symptoms continue. She described exactly what I had--heavy feeling legs that wouldn't work and didn't feel as though they would hold her up. It only happened to me once but it was scary as heck. I really feel I have to keep moving.

I have to wash my hair when I get home. I think it will last for Thanksgiving. Before I got so sick back when I was working, I would wash it every other day but now it goes three or four days. Kids will call on Thanksgiving and I don't know whether we will Facetime. When I was a kid, ladies would go to the beauty salon once a week so I guess four days isn't too bad.

Granni, I don't wear a mask when I'm outside but I do keep my distance. We have to wear them at the stores and I'm grateful for that. News featured a large group of people at Huntington Beach, CA protesting the new rules there. They were close together and not wearing masks. Again, it boggles the mind. What they do is working directly against what they say they want. They are now saying the vaccine distribution will begin in Dec. Sadly, this likely won't be the last scary virus but, now that they have figured out how to use RNA to produce vaccines, it may not take long to produce future vaccines. More than 40 years ago, I had viral meningitis and was in the hospital. I read in a magazine while there that in the future, we would be seeing all kinds of mutated viruses that could cause pandemics. And here we are. Yes, it's good to be back in my own parking space. They are doing the last street today. Stay well.

News just showed our testing site but it is booked for the week. Also showed the In 'N Out Burger where DD lives near Denver. People were waiting twelve hours to get one. I asked DD about it and she said she doesn't know what they do to their burgers but they are sooo good. They travel to LA to see family and have had them there. Juxtapose that with the cars waiting in line in El Paso for groceries from the food bank. Heartbreaking! People will be losing their unemployment and possibly their insurance at Christmas unless Congress acts and passes another stimulus bill. I pray for them.

And I pray for all of us here. Stay well, friends.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: darn, I missed that part of 60 min. but I did find it about long haulers on the internet, that’s when I saw a bit of what I missed. They also said that with the long haulers it mainly hit’s those between 20-40. I read that docs don’t understand WHY but they also mentioned in what I read that it’s the same as FM and CFS...docs really don’t understand why? I’ll have to watch it on youtube. But then us with FM/CFS understand what the fatigue is like.

Hoping, praying for a positive today. That’s when I should know. I was told 3 days. But I also read that the labs or overwhelmed with testing this past week. So many people getting tested, so I might not hear today. Yesterday was pretty bad with the fatigue. I was laying down quite a lot but it’s hard for me because I have trouble sleeping.

I grew up eating In and Out hamburgers. It was the first drivethru in california and about once a month my dad would get it. We had little $ so it was a treat for us. We just didn’t go out to eat other than stopping at Denny’s when we traveled. So I loved In and Out, but honestly I’ve had much better. The thing is that it’s made fresh....you have to get in line, either standing or in your car, and order what you want. The french fries are small and crisp....I don’t think they’re that good either. You can have a thinly sliced tomato, a crisp piece of lettuce, or grilled onion on it. The sauce is basically just catsup, relish and mixed with mayo. And the bun is heated on the grill and I think the top brushed with a little butter before it’s made. Same as what they made in the late 40s or there abouts. I think I’ve told you my dad was offered a partnership with Mr. Snider when my dad shared cokes with all the men after work. My mom said no....$500 was waaaay too much for them to put in. My son that comes from Portland always always gets two double doubles, fries and a chocolate shake as soon as he sets foot in our area. I pick him up at the airport and we swing by In and Out. I’m amazed that people would stand in line that long to buy from them. Those are probably people who came from calif.

OK....I just watched the 60 min. segment. Something about the immune system is in overdrive was interesting. And I understand what the young doc was saying about how she was going to crash after going thru the interview and then more meetings. I think all of us with what we go thru understand what she said. Like “sensory overload” that her body couldn’t handle anymore.

Last edited: