PORCH 1249 IS NOW OPEN (2/22/21) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1249 IS NOW OPEN (2/22/21)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

beach.jpeg

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Time for a new Porch. Please go back to read the last posts on Porch 1248. With all the cold weather across the country, I thought y'all might like a sunny beach. Imagine lying back in the sun and balmy breezes, sipping on a tall refreshing drink.

I don't know whether anyone else watched 60 Minutes last night but it shook me to my core. It was about the atrocities committed by Assad in Syria. There were graphic pictures of hundreds of people killed by nerve gas that he unleashed on his own people including children. They were the lucky ones. Others described horrible torture and starvation in prisons. There were pics of those victims too. My heart rate shot up to 99. I can never unsee those pics or unhear what those people have gone through. This guy makes Hitler look like a saint.

Speaking of heart rate--Grace had told me her BP was better after the doc reduced her BP med. I guess she doesn't realize my cuff has memory. I went through her readings. Her BP was all over the place but some of the readings were dangerously high. I am afraid she will have a stroke. I was hoping she would call the cardiologist here because I question her doc's advice in WV. She no doubt never gave them her true readings and only complained about feeling dizzy. She is so deep in denial and fear that I can't reason with her. I tried.

Granni, at last! So glad you got the pipes fixed and got a good plumber/AC guy to do it. I've been hearing about the utility bills people are getting in the thousands of dollars in TX. Insult on top of injury or, rather yet, injury on top of injury! Someone was on TV blaming the grid near failure on the Green New Deal which doesn't even exist right now. Stupidity on top of injury. Just glad your pipes are fixed. Woo Hoo! When one does that stretch for the back, the goal isn't to get the knees to the floor. It's to be able to bend forward to give the back and hips a good stretch. I still can't find the other one that is so good.

Spring, what an amazing little duck. Sooo beautiful! I'll have to see whether I can find the poem. The wildlife preserve where our president works once had some ducklings at the preserve. When they were old enough to be on their own, he brought them home to our little pond. They were raised in a man- made pond with no fish. When they first swam in our pond, they would jump in the air when they felt the fish around their feet. It was so funny. They eventually got used to sharing the pond with the fishies.

Willow, sounds as though everyone is able to watch what he or she wants. I'm laughing about Gray's watching the violent shows while you and Mom watch Lifetime movies. I just finished watching a limited series on Netflix, Behind Her Eyes. Like so many of those series, it was stupid. It is really hard to find something good. I'm not into the romance movies unless it's a good rom-com and even those are hard to come by. I am finding I watch more and more on PBS. I watched the season finale of All Creatures Great And Small last night. I needed a good British show with animals and beautiful countryside after watching 60 Minutes. Someone ought to turn in that manager who was 'borrowing' money from residents. The owners need to get rid of him. Glad Mom is safe and sound with you.

I'm off to read the paper. I hope all y'all have a great start to the week.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bct

rockgor

granni, glad to here your water pipes were repaired. don't know how one can function without running water. good to hear the weather will improve with the warm up in the temps. texas now needs to find out what went wrong with the power that shut the state down. read an article about the power system but it was too complicated to understand unless one is familiar with the power struggles within the state. we experienced a power blackout this weekend for 2 hours. something happened, no explanation by the power company was given, in another neighborhood but crews were responding to the situation. i found the candles and lit them up. i know it doesn't compare in the slightest to the situation experienced in texas. now i need to buy some more flashlights/batteries for the next event.

mikie and sun, sorry to hear about your continued pain and lack of energy. do you think it might be linked to any of the actitives exerienced during the day?

passed out cilantro to a couple of people this weekend. the recent rain we got pushed their growth and i'm finding it hard to find people to give them to.

barry, rock is reading and viewing things on youtube when he is up and about. he thinks about the members of the board but doesn't find any energy to post. i always suggest that he might post a short paragraph just to keep in touch with the group.

mikie, glad to hear the visit from your family went well but to hear of the broken pipe in the house must have put a damper on things. good to hear things work out well and not much damage was sustained.

we are scheduled for our 2nd shot on march 10th and hope there will be vaccine available at that time.

well, i have to get the library books listed to take back this morning and hopefully there will be something to pick up.

all for now,

gordon

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I went to Lowe's and got the bushes I need to replace the ones lost to the leak, two plumbagos and a variegated shefflera. I also picked up another cushion for the extra chair on the balcony. There was a beautiful cactus I wanted to buy at HD but it was $30 and that seemed too much. Lowe's had them for $16. It's one that looks like a wavy, curly fan. Only thing I can't understand is that there is no drain hole in the pot and the small gravel on top has been glued in place. Got to show it to Teresa. She is a whiz at growing cacti and succulents. I planted the plumbagos and Dennis has said he will plant the larger ones or, at least dig the holes. Grace volunteered him so I'm not too sure when he will get it done. I told him I didn't want him to do it but they insisted. After I planted the smaller ones, Grace came upstairs and we sat on the balcony and had a nice chat. She came in to see my tomato plant and talked to SV. He was so happy. He loves company.

Gordon, it's such a shame that Rock isn't up to posting. We miss him so much. I'm very glad you come and love to read about what you're doing. Wish I lived close enough; I'd take some cilantro. I want to grow some. Yes, the kids' visit was great and DD says water is all cleaned up. Had DSIL come, there would likely have been a lot of damage. My back pain is sciatica from piriformas, a misalignment of the hips and pelvis. It pinches the nerve. The stretches help to keep things in their place. So glad you guys are getting your second shots. The Publix website isn't accepting appts. because of the lack of vaccine. Do you belong to Costco? They sell night lights that stay plugged in. In case of a power failure, they light up with a bright white light. You can unplug them at any time and use them as a flashlight. They are always charged--no batteries. Unfortunately, they aren't for long-term outages but I use mine all the time as flashlights. Are you cooking anything new or exciting? Give Rock our love and come back soon. We love you too.

Neighbor across the street said he is having good luck at Publix and has scheduled appts. for everyone in his courtyard. He opens his phone, laptop and several tablets at the same time. He said to give him my info and he would give it a try. Only thing is that he scheduled them at out-of-the-way places. I told him I don't want to have to go far. I'll give him my info and try to schedule my own. We have such nice neighbors.

I'm hitting the wall so will rest a bit. Been so tired that it doesn't take much to wear me out. I feel good that I got a little something done this morning. Sending prayers and wishes for NRG and no pain for all our Dear Porchies.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

sunflowergirl

OMG OMG OMG

I was hacked!!!! I bought a $6 book yesterday on Amazon and got an email this morning that some person in Delaware had a $949 computer sent to him bought via Amazon. So I called the # on the Amazon invoice. Went through a lot of STRESS.....well....after I was told I had to go to a store where Amazon cards were sold and charge it..................I ended up screaming at the guy on the other end and told him I THOUGHT he was the hacker and NOT Amazon security. I then called BOA for my Visa card.....there had been no charge for $949......I should have called BOA direct FIRST. Anyway, for the 3rd time in 18 months my credit card is closed down and I’ll await a new one. By the way, my X SIL fell for this a couple of years ago and bought some card for $200 and gave them the # on it.

My BP shot up so high and I was shaking so much I thought I would have a H attack.

I did a search on phony amazon emails and found this:

Mikie

Oh, Sun,

I'm so sorry. I don't even do product ratings when asked to via an email. We can't trust anyone. I trust nothing that comes in an email or over the phone. I am so glad you caught this in time even though it's a big hassle. I know what you mean about the BP going up when dealing with things like this. I hope you can rest and get it back down.

Scammers are very creative and that's what makes them so dangerous. I get phone messages that start in the middle of a sentence on purpose. They say things like, "...a warrant has been sworn out for your arrest." How scary that must be for some people who aren't aware of these are scams. A phone message said someone had charged a $799 iPhone on my acct. It's maddening.

I hope and pray things settle down and it all gets straightened out.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

SUN - So sorry to hear about your being hacked and that a guy calling you about that supposed charge. You have to be so careful unfortunately nowadays. Yes best to check with your bank and also Amazon to be sure. I havd gotten all kinds of weird calls from people, some saying I bought this and that, etc. and I just hang up cause I know it is not true. This has not happened in some time but always tie to be very careful. Just what you didn't want or need especially when you did not feel well in the first place. Will read that info you sent. Thx!

MIKIE - That was nice of your neighbor offereing to help you snag your appt to get your jabs. Hope he succeeds for you. Hope you can get an appointment closeby for you soon. We are supposed to get our second Pfizer vaccine Saturday if they don't run out of vaccine sending them elsewhere or giving them to the illegals. There are so many people that need it. So stressful!! Hope you find some NRG. If you do, please send some to me!:D I would love to have an herb garden but no room outside and inside it would be hard to find a place also. Hope you are getting to feel better, at least a little bit.

WILLOW- Sounds like you all are set to watch whatever shows you all want. DH and I don't always watch the same shows either if we do it isn't for long. What is it with men always has to be bang bang shoot em up s and other violent or dreary history stuff that looks awful familiar to me. Its nice if your mom and you like similar things on TV. There is less and less to me that is appealing to me lately. Don't think we get Netflix.

GORDON/ROCK - Tell Rock we miss him when he is not chatting with us He also keeps us in a good mood most of the time. Just keep suggesting he post when you can and hopefully he will be back to chat with us some . I guess things are almost back to normal after the snowmeggon with electricity back on as well as water You do not know how much yu need and depend on it till it is gone. Not sue which is sorse when all is gone but guessing that no water might be the worse. You can always put on more clothes or take them off. However, with electric cooking it is the pits when you have eto use the fireplace. Hope our gas bill is not through the room as well as our water bill as we do not now when the pipe busted. However some people are still dealing with all of it as well as the damage to homes, etc.

BARRY - Hope you are doing OK and feeling better. Come back and chat when you can.

LOVE to everyone, inc those not mentioned and all MIA !!
Granni ;)

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

My wi-fi was all screwed up this morning and it affects everything that uses it. That includes the smart plug that turns my light off and on. I had to pull the sofa away from the wall to reset the plug. I cleaned the floor while I had the sofa pulled out. I also cleaned SV's hair off of his little soft bed. I'd wash it but it would likely lose it's shape with the stuffing getting lumpy. Cats like things nice 'n dirty with their scents on them so I just got as much hair off of it as possible. He's like a walking purring giant fur ball.

I went out to water the flower boxes and talked to Grace for a few minutes. It's 82 degrees out and warm but there are nice breezes. The sky is bright blue with puffy white clouds. I'm glad I planted those plumbago bushes earlier.

Granni, I think most illegals stay as far away from the vaccines as possible. They keep a pretty low profile. I'm laughing because people living here don't even want the Snowbirds getting 'our' vaccines. Snowbirds spend millions of dollars while here for a few months and it's because of them and the tourists that I don't pay state income tax. Wonder if it occurs to people that Snowbirds can spread the virus and make us 'true' Floridians sick. I do resent the younger tourists that flock here and attend super spreader events without masks. It's the college crowd at parties and on the beaches. We have people here on work visas and they work on the farms inland. They live in poor conditions all crowded together and don't have decent medical care. They are vital to our food production. I hope they have access to the vaccines. How nice it will be when we can get our jabs as easily as a regular flu shot. BTW, it isn't only the vaccines people here gripe about. It's Snowbirds crowding 'our' roads and restaurants. Most of us came from somewhere else but memories are short. Hope you and DH sail through your second jabs. It will be interesting to see whether my neighbor can get an appt. for me.

I hope all our Dear Porchies have a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

sunflowergirl

I’m always careful with emails and phone calls and most of the time I just delete but yesterday I had bought a book on Amazon.

In california at least you cannot get a vaccination without proving you live in the county you’re trying to get it. If you’ve moved and show a different address you have to bring a utility bill with your name on it. Is Texas different? and yes, everyone, everyone needs to be able to get vaccinated. But apparently a big problem is there are a lot of people (immigrants) or don’t trust the vaccine, soooooo as long as there is a large population who don’t vaccinated you will have to continue wearing a mask and keeping your distance.

My SIL’s niece and her DH are having a wedding in april....they had been scheduled for oct. but had to cancel so they got married by their pastor. I know it will be very nice, on the beach in so. calif. with dinner and dancing.....but honestly even though I will have the vaccine I’m really still not safe. So at this point don’t think I will take the chance. I think about all the young people there, perhaps carriers. Taking off your mask to eat, etc. Close quarters with others.

Last edited:

rockgor

sun, what a mess with the credit cards again. hope you can get things straighten out soom. i feel naked without my credit card and don't keep much cash on hand. we're always getting crank calls everyday at the same time. 'punch 6 if you've already responded, punch 7 to be removed from our list.' don't they realize one can't respond to a recorded message!!!!

even if most of the population gets vaccinated, i'm with you and won't feel save - not for a long time, about going out to meetings, food places, etc. i've suggested that if our orchid meetings ever resume that temps be taken before members can come into the room and showing their vaccination cards. don't think it would be legal or if the members would allow it. it all sounds crazy but these are the times we live in now.

mikie, i know you have pre-existing conditions but please try to budget your activities to one or two a day. it might take longer to get things done but you suffer so afterwards. this is what i do to manage contact with the virus.

got back from harbor freight this afternoon. bought several flashlights and batteries and shower heads for the water hoses. usually i would love to walk thru the varies isle looking for anything else to buy. i was in and out within half an hour and will not go to the library until tomorrow. will also need to go and get more candles.

hi to everyone,

gordon

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I missed 60 min. last night so pulled it up online.......shocking.....think Hitler. My PCP is Syrian, and his immediately family had gotten out of the country years ago, but what struck me is when we talked about Assad he told me that people basically misinterpreted Assad that he was a good guy. Hmmmmm.....wonder what he thinks after all these years.

Gordon: I forgot to tell you I have stenosis which causes nerve problems with sciatic, so same as Mikie I NEED to do my stretches.

Tell Rock to just write a few lines. He might feel better connected, and that’s important.

springwater

Sun - i remember when we used to get scam emails from Nigeria saying to deposit such n such amount and they will send lots of money which has been won by you. A friend of DH fell for it and sent $100. This was waaay back when internet just began. Isnt it mindboggling the amount of things that can go wrong in modern day life? Getting hacked is like getting pickpocketed. An assault on your private life leaves you feeling violated and extremely fearful!

I dont know about illegal aliens but i feel those MAGA people and others like them who dont believe in covid and roam around maskless and arent interested in getting vaccinated are more dangerous. They go to salons and restaurants, other states come back and and pose a risk to others who are trying to be careful.

Gordon - i once read a futuristic book when all electrical power fails in North America and people have a Hurricane Katrina like situation. Looting, shooting. I read it in 1981 so they did have a pretty good idea of what a catastrope it entails.

Mikie - things seem to grow so easily where you are. It does here too, but from March onwards, when its not as cold. that was funny about the ducklings jumping when encountering fishies. Reminds me about this therapy in South East Asia where you can have your feet beautified by putting them in a tank of fish which nibble at the outside skin.

Willow - i would have liked to throttle that person who is fleecing elderly residents of money. Yes, the authorities need to be warned about him.

Looks like a cozytime for you all, Gray watching his action movies and you and Mom watching your oldies.

i dont have the stomach to watch the Syrian war docus or the other ones. Theyre showing a UAE princess who is being held in captivity in her home by her father the Emir. We truly are blessed with our freedom to make our own life choices.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids,

Went to bed with a sore throat, a headache and body aches and pains. I think it was from being outside with all the allergies. Lots of sea critters and birds dying from Red Tide. The big lake is full and rainy season is just around the corner so they will likely be releasing water into our river. That will probably increase the RT in our estuaries and along the barrier islands. They are building retention lakes to reduce nutrients from the water that the scientists believe feed RT.

I need to make a run to Costco for coffee and may go this morning. I would also like to plant one of the schefflera plants on our side. It's been in the original container and is root bound. The container is larger than the ones for the plumbago bushes so requires a larger hole. I slept well but woke too early so am not bright eyed and bushy tailed but then, I never am these days.

Sun, glad your doctor got out of Syria. The problem, if I remember correctly, is that Putin sided with Assad and no one wanted to get into a war with Russia over this. Five years ago, the news showed children in Aleppo who had been killed with Assad's nerve gas. People can be attracted to a strong man who makes them feel safe as though he is speaking for them and their fears and concerns. This is how dictators get ahold of the country. Problem is that these strong talking men can be ruthless and ruin countries even democracies. Yemen is in a civil war too with outside interference. This time, it's Iran and Saudi Arabia who are involved. Saudi Arabia has been using weapons from the U.S. to bomb Yemenis. This is cracy. It's like the big powers choose to fight their wars in small countries where they are contained. The U.S. is taking a look at where our weapons are being sold and what they are being used for. I pray for peace every day. War brings nothing but suffering. We waste our precious resources hurting each other instead of turning our world into a peaceful heaven on Earth. Sorry, I'll get off of my soapbox but it's hard to ignore things like this. I hope everything with your credit card gets straightened out and your pain is better.

Gordon, I also feel naked without my credit card. I usually have a twenty dollar bill with me in case I need to use cash but almost everyone takes credit cards these days. My plumber and A/C guy have little gizmos connected to their cell phones and they slide my credit card through them. Credit cards are great because you have a record of all the transactions and they don't make you pay for anything bought through fraud. I used to get the crank calls at the same time of day too but now, they come all the time. Experts say it will be a long time before we can be safe from the vaccine. They recommend taking precautions for now. I read that about a third of our population has had Covid. Between that and those getting the vaccine, we will reach herd immunity faster. I guess there is a silver lining where there is a high rate of infection. I love Harbor Freight. Haven't been in yonks, as Barry says. Hope you guys stay safe.

Spring, yes, the deniers have been a huge problem here. We have those who say wearing masks infringes on their Constitutional rights. Others say it's all a hoax even though we just passed the 500,000 mark for those killed by Covid. Some just refuse to take precautions and attend super spreader events. The silver lining, as mentioned above, is that they have brought us closer to herd immunity. Unfortunately, they have likely infected a lot of others who paid the ultimate price for their stupidity. I still believe that if this were handled differently from the start, it wouldn't have been as deadly. People will usually band together to fight a common enemy if their higher instincts are appealed to by those in leadership positions. I don't use nail salons but I would love to have those little fishies nibble the dead skin off of my feet. I might not be able to stand it if it tickles. Yes, things do grow fast here, including the weeds. :)

Gonna go read the paper. I hope there is some good news. Thanks for letting me vent. It does help. I actually remain optimistic that the world will get its act together one of these days. In the meantime, all we can do is our best to stay healthy and happy. Not easy but what is the alternative? Even with all our problems, there is still much I am thankful for. That includes all our Dear Porchies.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I also believe that IF there had been a strong direction from the beginning to wear masks then we wouldn’t be going through this “civil war” between the deniers and the maskers.

When there’s disruption with CC charges, etc. then it takes awhile to settle down. Got an email that my ICLOUD didn’t go through. I forgot that it was on my closed CC. I learned last fiasco to keep one CC for the monthly autopay so had to dig it out and change things with Apple. I’m still feeling angry at what happened to me yesterday and yes...violated. NOT going to tell my kids thought that I ALMOST fell for it......I can almost hear them bawling me out.

My situation wasn’t as worse as what a friend told me yesterday. Her 90 year old DB lives in a mobil home park, lots of very nice people surrounding him and helping him. So a few weeks ago apparently he was “sick” all over, and two of the ladies came in to take care of him and clean up his mess. Yes....they apparently did such a good job that when he went to his bank $50 thousand was cleaned out of his account (his entire savings).

Spring: I have some of those MAGA people in my own family and others. NOT a happy situation.

Granniluvsu

Almost good afternoon awl,

MIKIE - You are right about the illegals and I do not have much worry about the hard working ones that work on the farms, etc. so that we all can get our food, and try and have a beetter life for themselves and their families.. It is the one who take advantage of other people and hurt them, not the ones with families, etc. Yes, those you can give the vaccines too. However, many are worried since the vaccines may be running low and not always going where they should and others here , FL and other places are worried about getting theirs, esp the seniors like us.. You are right about there being much to be thankful for , even with all the bad stuff going on.

Yes, most of us now feel naed without a credit card these days.. Growing up it was all cash and I was very grown up before I got my own credit card. It sure is bad when someone gets a hold of your nuber though and you have to switch cards or a different number. Don't usually carry much cash anymore but sometimes you need to. I hope you are starting to feel better after all those allergy symptoms.

SUN- Yes, many people now especially seniors and after awful weather like we have been having or other emergencies, have to be especially careful of theives. They just take advantage of others in very bad situations. It is horrible and we all have to be careful as well. Everyone always had to be careful however it seems like the thieves are everywhere and trying to take over. YIKES So sorry to hear about your friends DB awful situation and how he was cleaned out of all his sasving. Absolutely horrible!!

Hi and hugz to everydobby. It is almost lunch time so I must go and fix lunch. Was busy this morning getting rid of some of the dead plants but much more to do at a later time. This message sent before I was ready and I was trying to add a little more and it was bring me to all dfferent pages. I just had to get out completely and comeback to edit. AACK!!

Love,
Granni

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I took my hands in my life and ventured out to go to Costco. I needed coffee and theirs is delicious and only about 36 cents a cup. I picked up some batteries for Roomba's virtual walls. The place was mobbed. We are at the height of season right now through March. I know that wherever I go there will be tons of people and delays. I just relax and know things will take a wee bit longer. I have to be really alert and careful on the roads because not everyone else is patient with the busy roadways.

I made a huge salad with lots of leafy greens and my stomach was iffy so I didn't want to be gone too long. Leafy greens are also good for the eyes and I don't eat enough of them. I am sooo exhausted that my eyes aren't working great or, more accurately, my brain isn't helping my eyes. I had a short nap and went out to water the new bushes. I should probably snap off the pretty blue blooms but I can't bring myself to do it. That means more watering. I also watered the flower boxes because they are full of geranium blooms.

Sun, that is horrible about those people stealing all that man's money. I hope the cops catch them. Will the bank replace the funds? I hope so. Poor man. The lawlessness these days is horrible from those who use violence to those who scam people. I have one card I use for monthly charges but, every now and then, I will put something else on it. I use my Costco card for everything else because I get a rebate check to use at Costco at the end of the year. Hope you are feeling better. I have noticed that driving is very hard on my sciatica. When I get out of the car, I can barely walk.

Granni, in FL, it isn't the illegals who are stealing the vaccines from everyone else. It's the wealthy zip codes with people who donate to the governor's political campaigns. He doesn't bother to cover it up but he won't talk about it and he keeps the distribution details secret. Publix made a $100,000 donation to him and they got the first contract to distribute the vaccinations. The website is so bad that people down here are really angry. I don't have NRG to be angry and it doesn't do any good. I do, however, vent about it. Glad you found your way back.

I'm at the 'Fall down or lie down' stage so will bid y'all adieu for now.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

sunflowergirl

From what I gathered from this friend yesterday (we were best friends in HS) her DB hasn’t filed any charges with the police. He thinks he can get the $$ back from this woman. HA...apparently her DS is driving around a new truck. This friend told me her DB has one son as executor on his trust....so I guess that son needs to take care of it. Not my problem......got enough of my own.

I cleaned the print heads several times this morning....it’s barely printing. So went down to Staples to buy another Brothers cartridge....but was told because of Covid their warehouse is closed so no Brothers supplies. Now I have a call in to an internet company and waiting for a call back.

I get cash back from my Visa card, put directly into my checking account.

Sorry you’re having trouble getting out of the car. I’ve been living on the floor doing my stretches and it’s helping a bit. I even do them for about an hr before bed.

Mikie

Help,

DFF5F0CE-FDC7-4A4B-822A-F32FB4AEFBEF.jpeg

This is driving me nuts. I take my pics right side up and they are right side up in my phone and iPad but when they post, they are sideways but that’s not the problem. This is my new cactus. The sand in the pot is solid and set in place. The cactus is real and came with watering instructions. I can hold it under the faucet and water will go into it but I can tilt it and pour it all back out. There is no drain hole.

Any help is much appreciated.

Love, Mikie

Mikie

Dear Sun,

That guy needs to call the cops. Of course, you are right; it's not your problem and you have enough of your own. It just points out the vulnerability of older people living alone. When older people get scammed, they often don't want the kids to know for fear they will put them in a home. I got new printer cartridges and my printer won't even print. It's just faded blue and I've cleaned the heads multiple times. Printers are the bane of my electronic existence.

I can get out of the car but the first step I take causes shooting pain so bad I can barely walk. As soon as I take a few painful steps, it starts to get better. Hope both of us get better.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I’ve seen those little plants....it’s almost like a layer of hardened glue over the top. But remember that a cactus really doesn’t need much water. Next time you go back to where you bought it....ask about watering.

rockgor

mikie, how about drilling a hole on the bottom of the pot or you can try to get the whole plant out and put it into another pot. i usually wind up smashing the pot on the sidewalk.

gordon