PORCH 1254 IS NOW CLOSED (3/27/21) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1254 IS NOW CLOSED (3/27/21)

ProHealth CBD Store

sunflowergirl

Granni: Yes, I’ve used those peppers/onions cut lengthwise with some italian sauce (bottled comes in handy) with italian sausage on a roll. I usually made those with melted mozzarella cheese on top. But when I cut them smaller I use them with Mexican, Italian, Greek, omelets, whatever. Depends on the seasoning. So handy with so many foods. And when I used to work for Round Table Pizza and my morning job was “prep” I was taught to use a long serrated bread knife as opposed to a butcher knife. So after all those years I still love that knife. So handy to cut into veggies. I really don’t “chop” veggies anymore.

Mikie: I FINISHED the &^%$#@! umbrella. Never again. I’ve made slip covers for my couch but this was really a big job.

Spring: so glad to read you got out for a nice lunch. Maybe one day I will also. It’s been over a year.

Barry: that’s great that you have a therapist you have a repoir with and you two seems to have the same backgrounds. I hope he can help you with whatever.

Willow: sorry your DS is on the side of those who don’t believe there is a covid problem. I hope he comes around.

And I’ve been listening to a good novel while working on it. “When we believed in mermaids” by Barbara O’Neal. It was a freebie at the little library I go to. I will definitely keep this one to listen to again down the road. A romance, adventure, hard times, etc. with some sex thrown in.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids,

Woke up early realizing I had fallen asleep last evening and not taken my meds. I got up and made sure I took my BP pill. Barb, who lived next door to me, didn't take her BP meds for days and she had a stroke. I just lay down last evening to read and fell asleep and even slept through Jeopardy. My pals know I do that from time to time so they don't worry. Between the Sjogren's and the allergies, I'm exhausted. Dennis told me he can't even read because his eyes water so much. Mine do that too. I have to use allergy eye drops.

Granni, you have more weeds than anyone I know. Or, more likely, you go out to weed while we pay them little attention. Is your yard large? We have to get on the gardeners every now and then to spray our weeds. Hate to use chemicals but, when there are so many, they can't be pulled. I hope you enjoy your Easter with your family.

Sun, I laughed out loud when I read your sentence about the umbrella cover. My mind even filled in the curse word. I'm sorry it was such a pain. I'm in awe that you would even take on such a project. There was a time when I might have but not now. Every little thing I try to do turns to crap and only makes me frustrated these days. I'm keeping life simple. Wish I had my old spunk and desire to challenge myself but it just ain't there. Glad you are enjoying the book. I've seen it but haven't read it. I just got another freebie from Amazon. I'm almost finished with the one I'm reading. Are you doing anything for Easter? For me, like most of my single friends, it's just another holiday except, of course, I do celebrate the spiritual aspect of it. I also get a kick out of putting goodies on the windowsill for the little boys.

It's only 53 degrees out this morning. The cold front really cooled things off. Guess that's why it's called a cold front. Doh! Sending hopes for sunny, happy days for everyone.

Love, Mikie

Taking a short break from cleaning out on the lanai. It isn't very big so I have to clean small sections at a time and move the furniture to clean another. I put the shop vac on blow and blew off the pine needles that were stuck between the railing and the screen. They get about six inches long and get stuck. They look messy so I clean them out from time to time. Then I sucked up the dirt on the tiles. I have the floor machine that mops and picks up the dirty water. Makes short work of things. Finally, I'm cleaning the glass in my sliders. The first big rain with wind will blow all the dirt on the screens all over the lanai. I'd be willing to clean it up just to get some rain. After that, it won't make such a mess. I vacuumed the dust and dirt off the screens but I didn't get it all. I have to do this job while it's cooler out, I need to wash my hair anyway and I have the NRG to do it.

Holy cow--busy day! I got the lanai cleaned and it looks sooo nice. My back is killing me but totally worth it. I also repotted that ruffled succulent that I love. Can't take the plastic printed pot. I need to go get some potting soil so I can repot and expand some of my plants. The succulents do so well on the lanai where they only get morning sun. I need another little side table out there to put plants on.

Jeff, the POA board president, stopped by. We had to have some of the outside pavers repaired at the pool and the sidewalk leading up to it. They ended up having to close the pool and two ladies yelled at him. He takes thing so personally. On the other hand, he works so hard to keep our hood nice and it hurts when people don't appreciate it and yell at him. He told me if anyone goes into the pool to call the sheriff. Serving on boards is a thankless job. I took my garbage down and got my mail. Ran into a couple of nice neighbors and it was a joy to talk with them.

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter a tad early.

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Good morning everydobby,

Not much happeing hee except that the workmen finally came and I believe some are outside putting the logs or railroad ties in places whee some have gotten large holes in them from time. We were supposed to go tonight to a birthday dinner for DGS who is sturning 17 ub a few days but due to workmen here and not knowing their schedule and how long they wil be here and also the other DGS is working tonday and the cuz's have gotten to be good buddies. So we changed the dinner till next week. It is only some of the family that lives close by, going to our fav Pizza Shack which started as a pizza joint and ended up many years later with all kinds of Italian food. However, since they will be coming back from Galveston for the day next week (KEMAH) we are planning it for 6 pm. That is not bad but we will most likely have to wait some. Just hope the weather is ice for them by the ocean. While he goes on the rides they will go have a snack and a cleass of wine most likely and wait till he is done riding whatever crazy ride he wants to. He is the DGS that has mild to moderate autism and seems to be doing much better this year at school. He has som reg classes and other special needs.

MIKIE - Hope you start to feel better soon.. It looks to me that you are still a pretty busy gal, all things considered. My bites and some poison ivy or whatever got me on my arm. It was oozing like mad and trying to keep it from getting infected of spreading much with a bandaid. I have stuff on my arms and legs, not a whole lot now but if it These itching and burning sensations really have me crazy now and I don't know what is from what. Just putting topical stuff on it . If it gets worse I will call the doc. next week. It was in the for this a.m. today and is in the 60's I think but it is very damp and there was a little rain before. I am feeling so COLD and it is 68 in the house.

Our lot is not that large but is Not the traditional just lawn and some flowers. The people who had it originally built from scratch with the outside too . It is very shady and so there are few real flowers. Lots of greenery and ferns ,ivy and lots of things have no idea of what they are. . There used to be lots of ivy but alot is gone now. Lots of stuff is overgrown and lots of dead stuff and weeds and tiny little trees that need to be removed before they grow big. If y ou hae the NRG and time to go out there and work daily of a few days a week it is great. When you get much older like us itis aloat of work. Lots of people who se it for the first time say it is great but to much upkeep for me but if we do not keep on it ,it can get really bad. Lots of dead stuff now from the freeze. This is all in the front and the back.

SUN - Thanks for the serrated knife idea on the veggies. Will try them.

I need to go fix lunch now so I had better go for now. Church tomoow and then go over DD's tomorrow for lunch/dinner aabout 2 pm.

HAPPY HOLY SATURDAY TODAY/ EASTER / AND WHATEVER YOU MAY BE CELEBRATING !!

Love to everydobby, and all MIA;s,
Granni

sunflowergirl

I had to recover this umbrella. The small size is hard to find and it’s poor quality. The umbrella looks nice out there, it shades my large stag horn fern and I couldn’t move this giant anywhere else. It sits on a heavy wrought iron tall stand because of the size and weight of it.

Granni: I’ve also used a serrated steak knife to cut very thin sliced onions or garlic.

I’m planning on going to my DDs house tomorrow, pain permitting.

Mikie

bunnies.jpg

Hi, Kids,

Every year, I post this pic but it still fills my heart with joy.

Aah, just got out of a hot soak and it really helped. Now I'm having a small glass of white wine. It helps me relax as long as my acid reflux isn't acting up. Tomorrow night, PBS is doing a drama based on FDR. I'll try to watch but I fall asleep so easily. I am so happy and grateful to have had enough NRG to do these things today. It's the most I've done in ages. SV was sooo excited to see his Mama cleaning.

Sun, we have to have the big pool umbrellas in stone bases to keep the wind from taking them away. I'll bet your umbrella does look nice and shade is always welcome. Did you do a solid color or print? The chairs on our balcony are tan but I have navy and aqua print pads on the seats. Teresa has a big aqua colored pot with beautiful plants sitting next to them. There is a stag horn fern hanging on one of our trees and I keep forgetting to water it during the dry season. I'll throw some water on it tomorrow. They take a lot of abuse. My Mom wanted some nice knives that never need to be sharpened so I bought her a set of serrated Henkel knives. I use them a lot for veggties. I would like to get a new chef's knife because I like them when I do chop. I hope you feel up to going to DD's tomorrow and that you have a good time.

Granni, I've been jonesing for onions and peppers on Italian sausage ever since reading your posts. Joe buys turkey sausage at the Italian deli and meat market. I should try it but eat it so seldom that I figure I can get away with it. He has had one of the Hepatitus strains and a fatty liver so he has to eat carefully. Whatever strain he has isn't bad. He got a vaccine for it. I know nothing about it. I have enough to worry about so I'll just hope I never get something like that. I was tested for that and HIV when I first got sick. Be really careful with the poison oak and ivy. When I worked at a medical clinic years ago, a kid came in with the rash that had gotten infected. It was awful. He probably scratched it with dirty hands. All boys that age have dirty hands. I think sometimes when things get overgrown, they are more work. I'm so glad for Teresa and even Mrs. Crabby Pants for having cleaned out some of ours around the bldg. Hope your DGS has a good time in Galveston. I haven't been there since they put in the rides.

Love, hugs and peace to everyone.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

MIKIE, et al - Popping in again for a short bit. We usually eat Turey sausage too but somehow we were looing at the sausage and I saw Italian sausage and I guess it brought memories. Not sue if it woud taste thte same with the Turkey sausage instead of the Italian sausage but I know it woud taste good. They have different spices Ithink in the Italian. The peppers and onions would mae anything taste yummy.

We haven't been to Galveston in many years either and I could care less about the rides . Never really did that much. Mom used to get sick or nauseous on the Merry Go Round she said. Growing up we went on few rides like that and it didn't bother me not to on on any especially now they are scaryier and faster and I am dizzier just standing on the ground, let alone upside down and backwards.

Glad you got the area around your building cleaned up even if it was Claudia and Mrs CP doing so. One less thing you have to worry or think about. Plus, it looks alot nicer, I am sure !!! No little ones to buy chocloate bunnies for and I do remember the day when I had many to buy things for. I am glad cause now I have less $ and NRG. I could bring two choc bunnies for my two DGS that will be at DD's tomorrow but one is almost 17, he would probbly love it and his cuz who is close to 30 (OMG) but I ony have one choc bunny that we got at the ladies luncheon last month and I am not shopping for another choc bunny. He loves sweets and choc too. So does his mom but she has been on a diet with her DH so best not to give her any. :)!!!

Gotta run for now. Did some preppong of veggies for tomorrow but not everything,. I will have time after church tomorrow to do the cucs and a few peppers. The lettuces are all in their box.

Happy Easter tomorrow and hope you all have a Blessed Day tomorrow!!! HE HAS RISEN !!!

LOVE YOU ALL,
GRANNI

windblade

Hi everyone, Oh no, I just lost my post! Will try and remember it.

Wishing you all a Blessed Easter, and Passover, and Spring renewal.

WIllOW, thank you for your beautiful message. It meant a lot to me, especially because doing this kind of inner healing can be off people's radar. And because it's not very much understood, can bring feelings of isolation.

Spring and Barry, I pray for you to have the deepest, strongest healing of childhood sufferings, as I work on healing my own.

windblade

Still having problems posting. I'm trying Mikie's strategy of posting after each paragraph.

My closest friend of childhood came down with Covid, and is now in her third week. She didn't have to go to the hospital, and I am so hoping that she will get through it without much 'Long Hauler' affects. At the same time my DH got sick, but it turned out to be a stomach virus, we think. He has been up and about. But the anxiety and stress has been so great. Please pray for me that I can navigate through all of it.

windblade

I'm continuing on here, trying not to lose the post.

The forsythia are out here, a childhood favorite of mine. And the first trees have red buds slowly forming small leaves. The sky yesterday was that marvelous watercolor blue from a children's book illustration. I'm always amazed how in CA, and FL you are growing things year-round. And in Nepal, such a long growing time. But I love living with all 4 seasons and watching all the changes each year.

windblade

I keep each one of you in my thoughts and prayers, as I go through each day. Love to Granni, Rock and Gordon, Sun, and anyone else my foggy brain might have forgotten.
Judy

Mikie

Good Easter Morning To Everyone,

Woke in pain from all the cleaning yesterday and planting and repotting some plants. Allergies have my head all plugged up. Still, it's very satisfying to have cleaned the lanai. It gets so dirty out there. It looks beautiful when it's clean. The Mom of the little boys texted me that they were going away for the weekend so I'll save their chocolate bunnies til they come home tomorrow afternoon. I have a gift bag for Claudia filled with chocolate. I'll walk over and leave it for her in a bit. She gets up late.

Granni, it's Teresa, my new wonderful neighbor, who cleaned up the area in the front of the bldg. Mrs. CP cleaned up the area in the front on her side of the bldg. with help from a neighbor next door. Teresa and I were going to do it but she beat us to it. Teresa is working full time at Beall's until the Snowbirds leave. Claudia works so hard in the yard at her own bldg. The roads seemed quieter on Fri. so many Snowbirds may have already left. The sausage Joe' buys is Italian but it's made from turkey. He's Italian so I'm guessing it's pretty good. I love shopping at the Italian markets. There is an even bigger and better one over in the Cape but I hate to drive over the causeway to go all the way over when we have our own market here. The Cape has a lot of ethnic groups and has better restaurants too. I have always loved riding the biggest and fastest roller coasters. Last one I went on was with DD and DGS at Universal in Orlando. Enjoy your Easter

Judy, what I do is save the post ever so often. Then I click on the Blue Edit at the bottom of the post and go in and add to it and save it again. That way, even if my computer shuts down, it is still saved up to the last time I saved it. Normally, it is saved in draft format but, when the computer shuts completely down, I lose it. I need a new laptop but this one still works, sort of. I need a mattress and a printer so hate to buy a laptop too. I'm getting frugal in my old age. Inner work can be hard and it can take so much out of us. For me, it was worth it. I think that once we start working on our inner selves, the work continues even when we stop the therapy. It is what has helped me to survive through everything in my life. I keep you in my prayers. You, and all our Porchies, are so dear to me and I love you all. We are family here. So glad you stopped in. Good luck with everything.

Just as I feared, the computer did shut down. I took it as a sign I should take Claudia's chocolate over to her. It's only 58 degrees out but I was in shirtsleeves. I ran into Joe on the way home. He was removing the tape around the walk and gate to the pool. Poor Jeff--a couple of women heaped some abuse on him yesterday when he shut it down. He vented to me about it and I told him he should vent but he has to find a way not to internalize it. He's a really good guy and just can't figure out why some people are such jerks. People come down here to visit and think everything should be open for them. This isn't a hotel. We have to perform work from time to time and there are no guarantees that all the amenities will be available. They try to schedule work during the off season but it's not always feasible. Good thing those women didn't say anything to Joe or they would have encountered a NY response that would not have been pretty.

May God bless you and may the Easter bunny be good to you.

Love, Mikie

Paid bills, sent a couple of cards to my DSIL's and made donations to Feeding America and St. Jude's Hospital. I ask for St. Jude's help for all of us here for whatever we need and the litlte bribe now and then doesn't hurt. :)

Last edited:

windblade

Mikie, I'm so thankful for your prayers. And for all of the spiritual discoveries that you've shared. They have validated my own, and increased my own sense of adventure and discovery. Happy Easter.

Mikie

Hi, Judy,

I am so happy if my prayers help and if anything I've experienced can help, I'm glad for that. DD and I were talking earlier about spiritual growth and inner work. She said it has helped her to live more in the moment and enjoy the adventure of living. I guess that describes it for me too. As much as I whine, I do enjoy so much in life. Each little bit of progress has opened me up to the wonder of it all and the conviction that God loves us beyond anything we are able to imagine in our mortal lives. I love how you said things have increased your own sense of adventure and discovery. I'm so happy for you and will continue my prayers.

Love, Mikie

springwater

Looks like rain today. Air is a dusty yellow colour. Can't see more than a hundred yards further or so,its so hazy. I don't know whether its due to smog or what. The temp has come down to 15 c. Nice change from warmer weather. I am a creature of cold and colder.

Cold blooded. I was hotblooded once. Those times The Rolling Stones were in vogue. My eldest brother was crazy about them. My mom was not. She saw them on TV and thought Mick Jagger was possessed. Long hair. Bare feet, shabby clothes running like a fiend up and down the stage, howling into the mike with ferocious expressions.

I detest sun hot enough to burn the back when going out.The heat seems to seep downwards into.my back and legs and dissolve what energy I have and turn me into a slug. Such an unpleasant state of being.

Judy - lovely to hear from you. You are in.my prayers everyday as are all of our Porchesters. Well, that's a typo but I left it as it is. It won't harm us to be Porchester for a day instead of Porchie.

I've learnt having good days and bad days is part of our lives as CFS or Fibro sufferers and we just have to face that fact and hunker down and brave out the down phases with all the resources we have.

I pray your DH and dear friend recover soon and heal completely. I loved reading your post about the forsythia and blue skies. I imagined it. I love New York, New Jersey so much, so so much. Beautiful vibe.

Well, i was on holiday and everything and everyone we met were wonderful so iguess I am biased. Even the ghost I encountered in our little hotel room was well behaved. It only touched my foot while I was sleeping and creaked the a\c but that was about it. We only stayed two days so I couldn't get acquainted with it.

Mikie - my sympathies are with Jeff and whoever has to deal with hordes of unreasonable people who just want their way no matter what. What can Jeff do if the pool needs repairs, not like they will die if they don't get to swim for one day or two. There are places in my city people carry buckets of water for distances just to drink.

Granni - I'm sure your grandkids would love the chocolate. I'm with you on the rides. The last time I rode on a fun ride was the water train or something in india, Delhi at the water park when my DD was 13 months. I enjoyed the splashing then but no merry go rounds for me. I would prolly fall off and cause a spectacle.

Gordon- Happy Easter to you as well.

Sun, Barry, Willow, Rock, GB, Star, etc al hello to you all.

I made a tofu dish yesterday but it wasn't quite a success. I was watching a TV show and took shortcuts. Edible but just about.

GOD BLESS

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Judy: your post sounds very positive. I’m so happy that you’re seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

just popping in for a little bit, sooooo tired today. I woke at 1:30 am and couldn’t get back to sleep so around 4 am I took a melatonin, knowing it was late but I was feeling desperate. I did go to my DDs for the Easter celebration. She had a spread! She looks very tired and her face has gotten very thin. She tells me she’s healthy but honestly she doesn’t look it. Their friends brought a tray of wonderful goodies to snack on before lunch....all from Trader Joe’s. Not all the goat cheese spread was eaten (3 different types) and the lady didn’t want to take it home since she’s trying to diet so I was going to but forgot the plate in the frig. Darn. The dogs were OK once they settled down to everyone being there.....the male puppy did bite the ankle of one of the men. Hard to look lovingly at this dog. Turns out this is the 4th time he’s bit poor Bruce. So after the traditional easter egg hunt in the back yard......$ in all the plastic eggs.......and the dessert was served and consumed, I decided it was time for me to leave for my 30 min. drive home. I need to stay awake until a decent hour and then hit the bed.