PORCH # 1258 IS NOW CLOSED 25TH APRIL 2021 | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH # 1258 IS NOW CLOSED 25TH APRIL 2021

ProHealth CBD Store

sunflowergirl

Mikie: don’t you just hate when the computer stuff won’t work! At times my printer isn’t recognized so I’ve found I have to shut everything down then bring it up again, including at the router.

Yesterday everything I went out to purchase I couldn’t find. Yesterday was just not my day. And I was trying to find a pair of dark navy blue pants....any fabric. Blue is not to be found in the stores anymore, only blacks, greys, and some colors. I even checked thrift stores since I can take anything in if it doesn’t fit. So this morning I hit another thrift store and found a brand new navy blue linen....large....but I’m getting ready to take them in to fit. Yahoo.

So then I was passing Armstrong Nurseries and stopped. Bought a pony pack of orange toned coreopsis for my flower garden. Ive had succulents for so long so I’m looking forward to something new to grow. Change is good.

Willow77

I started this yesterday but forgot to submit. I got to tired to finish it.
Hi to All,

Today is a lazy day. Mom and I are hanging out in our pj's. It was cold and gray out and there was a short shower in the afternoon so Mom decided she didn't want to go out for shoes. My SAS sandals are working out for her temporarily so she is good for now. She wears them with socks for slippers. Mom has a very high instep which makes finding shoes she can get her foot into a challenge. Tomorrow will be sunny and warm so we will go then. She wears a 1/2 size larger than I do and her feet are so swollen she can't fit into any of my shoes.

Granni- In my pre FM days I loved doing laundry and ironing. Now I rarely iron but I missed the dryer dinging and everything was wrinkled. It was pleasant to spend the afternoon ironing but my shoulder hurt last night. It is fine today. When I was a toddler my Mom would have to leave me with a sitter once a week while she took my sister to downtown Detroit to the allergist for shots. The babysitter figured out I wouldn't cry if she was doing the ironing so she saved it all week to do while I was there. When I was about 4 my Mom got me a toy ironing board and iron that would plug in and get warm. When she was ironing I would iron along with her. She would keep my Dad's shirts damp and rolled up in a plastic bag in the fridge and take them out when she was ready to iron. They didn't have steam irons so she had a Pepsi bottle with a sprinkle top on it to sprinkle the shirts with. I am sure there was starch involved somewhere in the process. Eventually she let me iron his handkerchiefs. So I guess my love of ironing goes way back. She had the old crank style wringer washer too.

Julie- Your farm sounds wonderful. That is what Gray wanted but we would have to leave CA and we both love it here. We are within sight of the mountains and a few hours from the ocean and about a 1/2 hour from desert. The winter weather is mild most of the time too. And best of all is the warm dry summers. I still remember the cold winters and humid summers of the mid-west even though we moved to CA in 1981. Did you raise your kids there? It must be like paradise for a kid to have so much room to explore and play. Michigan winters weren't too bad if you were into winter sports, ice skating, sledding, ice fishing etc. But it rained so much in the summer and the mosquitos were ridiculous. There were a lot of summer sports too, involving a boat usually, because of all the lakes, swamps and rivers but weekends would often be too rainy.

Spring- I am so sorry about all your area of the world is going through with Covid. I know how hard it was to be isolated so much when it was bad here. I hope you can find things to do to keep busy and happy. Stay safe.

Today-
I got another 7 1/2 hrs sleep but still wake up really tired but I know I will feel better as the day goes on. I have been wearing sandals that have a slight 1/2 inch or less heel and my legs are killing me.

I just got a phone call from the pain management program. They are going to do a 1 1/2 hr intake appt over the phone. The medical office that does the program is at least a 1 1/2 hr. drive from here in good traffic. We usually take country roads and avoid the freeways almost all the way there, I don't care much for phone appts but Gray will be relieved he doesn't have to drive me. I don't want pain meds, I am more interested in the physical therapy, exercise, acupuncture and biofeedback. I took pain meds for years and although they dial the pain down, physical therapy usually works better for me. I got a tremendous help from the pain program I was in 4 years ago when we lived up North.

Mom and I talked and today is shoe shopping day. I want to go in the late afternoon so Moms feet are more swollen when we go. The shoe store isn't in our town and takes about 45 minutes to drive there. Again we take back roads and stay off the freeways. They can be like parking lots at times. We all enjoy the pretty scenery that you get on the country roads anyway. There are a lot of dairy farms in our area and we pass a sod farm that is very pretty too. As well as the semi-dessert landscape and mountains and rolling hills. I enjoy it as long as I don't have to drive. I took some picture to share but the pictures on my phone were too small to really see how beautiful it is.

Mikie- I am having printer troubles too. I have found that HP has the worst software. I would have to uninstall and reinstall my printer sometimes every few weeks. I have had 2 epsons and although they print beautiful pictures the print heads clog too easily. Mom has an HP printer and hopefully I can get the scanner working on that one so I can print some photos for her. She has a photo of her graduation from nursing school and I would like to enlarge it to a 4x6 for a gallery wall. I need to find the photo of my Dad standing in front of his first car at 16 years old to also go on that wall. She likes to lie in bed when she can't sleep and look at all the pictures of family that we have put up for her. She loves her room and I am so glad that we gave her the master. It was the only bedroom large enough to accommodate an arm chair that she likes.

Well I had better get up and get a base coat of spray paint on the things I am going to use to label the cherry trees. After the base coat I can dry brush the rest inside during the evening while everyone else is watching TV.

Love to All,
Willow

Was just getting up to walk away and realized I forgot to hit the Post reply button again

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I am tired but have some nervous NRG today. I think it's the stress of the printer ordeal. Still waiting for the mattress to be delivered. I am going to have a small glass of white wine and a snack between now and bedtime. I got sick of my old red watchband so changed it out to aqua for summer. If I really want to be summery, I put the white one on.

Sun, no, yesterday just wasn't your day. I'm so glad today is better and that you found the navy blue slacks. I love wearing navy.

I love the succulents but I also like color in the plantings. Our plumaria trees are all in bloom--yellow, white and pink. The one at the pool is a beautiful dark pink until the blooms open out into a really pretty medium pink. I think of Barb when they bloom. She loved them. The spath plant someone gave her when Paul died has white spaths on it and I am thinking of him too. I miss them; we had many a nice evening over wine and snaks with lots of laughing. He was a character.

Hope your neck is better.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

Mikie

Willow,

I hope you are finding shoes for Mom. I wish I could buy them online but I have to try them on. I wear sandals all the time, flip flops. I can no longer wear heels. I still have a new HP laptop that was a piece of crap. I paid more than twice as much for it than my Chromebook. I really should take it to BB to have them reset it. Something caused the hard drive to crash and it wouldn't boot up. It has a blue ray DVD player in it and I have a lot of DVD's left over from when they were the latest technology. My DVD/VHS player died so I can't play them. Everything is streaming now. I keep forgetting to take a pic of my copper sunburst. One of these days... So sweet you guys gave Mom the big bedroom. Printing out the pics would be great.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

HI AWL,

Not much time to write anything but did go to our ladies luncheon here e this afternoon and it was very good. OMG, there ws a little salad, mashed potatoes, chicken fried chicken with no bones, and gravy and corn and wonderful carot cake. I am so stuffed and mave to make dinner for DH. I will eat a little but not to much.. Just turkey sausage and beans tonight with alittle left over coleslaw he can have..

MIKIE- Glad you are feeling a little better and got your mattress and printer. Hope you can get the mattress setup and the printer working correctly. I feel just as you do and am probably not as techie as you although getting better with time in some areas. I am feeling so frustrated also about having to put things together. We always end up called DSIL two houses away.

JULIE - Hope things will get better in time for you and Susan. I seem to remember some of that story but it has been awhile. Glad you went back to bed and slept till almost 9. Sometimes it is hard to go back to sleep and actually sleep. Last night was so so. Could have been worse and better too. DD gave me some relaxium which did not work for her. It is either that or just sublingual melatonin which we have been taikng but in inceased dosage to 5mg. I'm a mess, nothing works right on my body any more it seeems. LOL

SUN - It ust be so beautiful to sit where you are and just watch the birds fly bout, eat bird food and and watch squirrels probably to try and steal the bird food.

Thinking of everydobby but need to get off here now and chek some more messages on e-mail I am expecting.

Love to all, inc those not mentioned in this post. Keep smiling and be happy !!!!! Enjoy whatever little things in life you can !!
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kdis,

Bad news--the UPS lady brought the mattress on a dolly and said she couldn't get it up the stairs and wondered whether there was a man around. I tried to lift one end and couldn't. I can't believe it was so heavy. She said she didn't even think she could get it up the stairs with a man's help. She was a very small person. I asked whether she could get it up the stairs on the dolly and she said no (isn't that what dollies are for?). So, I sent it back. John, at the end of the bldg. was gone with the boys so there was no one. I would not have been able to lift it up on the bed without a couple of other people to help. Amy wanted me to wait until John got home but the whole thing was just too much. I'll get one from the store and just pay to have it delivered and the old one hauled away. I didn't like it that the UPS driver reported it delivered.

I splained to Amazon that it never was delivered and Amy saw her haul it away. Driver acted like it was no big deal and said it would be shipped back to the sender and my acct. credited. I could barely understand the woman at Amazon because of her heavy accent. She said they will refund the money on my credit card. This certainly hasn't been my day!

Granni, I'm so glad you had a nice lunch. Sounds yummy. I used to be fairly tech savvy but not so much anymore. A lot of the time, installation is easy with phone apps but not always. Kids downstairs gave me an upgraded Alexa Echo and I couldn't get it to install. I'm still using the old one. Same with some smart plugs I bought. I'm disgusted with it all.

I gotta go. Haven't read through my post so if it doesn't make sense, there is a reason, beside my pea brain. Hope all y'all have a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

Mikie: that’s too bad about the mattress. Hope there’s no problem getting the refund. I hate that most companies outsource to other countries. I remember once I couldn’t understand and demanded to speak to a supervisor. I think it’s better to just order locally and have it delivered and that way they also remove your old mattress. I guess I’m terribly weak but I could never rotate the mattress. I can barely lift the corners for the sheets.

My neck/back are screaming and had to bump it up to tramadol with the tylenol an hr. ago. Some days are just a waste.

springwater

Mikie - I used to put a very thin cotton quilted mattress on top of our very heavy one. I would take the blankets and upper mattress to air in the sun. They would become light and fluffy and feel wonderful to sleep on and under!

The idea of lugging in anything heavy just makes me groan. Especially up to where we stay three floors up. It must be the age too. When we were younger, we have gotten in huge cupboards, cabinets up the stairs but now i cannot bear to have all those men shouting and hauling heavy things up, scraping the paints off walls and chipping cement pieces off corners in the process ...ugh!

I gave up on printers because they never worked for me after a few times. I used to print out recipes, exercises and affirmations. But now they're all available in book forms, I don't need the printer anymore.

I hope you can get a refund and that the printer works all right. Can u ask a professional to come in once? Get it set up. Since you need it.

Sun - I wish I could sew. I've not had too much luck with taking in things after buying a bigger size. So I prefer not buying if its not in my size. It infuriates me when I love something and they don't have it in my size.

I was thinking the same thing about flowers. A change is nice after some years. There is a place I avoided planting roses in but now I'm considering doing so. And I transplanted some nasturtiums into pots and set them on a grill bench. Normally I just let run on the ground.

I hope that pain eases up soon.

Granni - that food made me drool..wonderful combination of yummy things..I happened to buy carrot cake cups yesterday..very well made, moist and not too sweet. DH devoured them.

He also devoured my samosa (potato filled fried bread snack) which DD had a tough time getting owing to people leaving for home for lockdown.

She just got the last one and I had left it while I went out to get in something. He said he thought I had finished eating because we usually get in several at a time. I got very irritated and DD tried looking for them again. A friend of hers found them near her workplace and bought them so DD could pick them up.

I think we can order food delivered now, (i hope). But certainly very little choice. The bus stations were crowded with people leaving for their villages. I wonder how safe they're gonna be, though. Covid is tearing through remote areas too. One infected person goes there and it sparks an outbreak.

My DS was saying his one group of friends take the virus lightly. Fortunately he and DD both and their close friends have gotten vaccinated now. I hope everyone can get it in time.

We just have to look at India to see the devastation. I just want to cry when I see a child gasping for breath with a tearful father or mother holding them.

Willow - loved reading about your memories of when you were little. Ironing on your little iron alongside mum. Never heard of putting clothes in fridge before ironing. I would try that if I weren't always in a hurry here. We mostly wear cotton in summer. Have to. Its soooooo hot!

I love where you live. To be near mountains and the ocean and the desert. Oooooohhhh!

Julie- it seems you are into gardening with a vengeance to make up for all the time.lost when you were looking after the baby grands and Dens father and was always mowing and didn't have time to plant andtake care of plants you wanted.

Its going to be so beautiful when everything starts flowering.

I had better run now. Love to Barry, Rock, Gordon, Judy, Star GB et al.

God bless

Last edited:

lydia1

Hi guys! Worn out, but it was a productive day. Chiropractor couldn't find much to adjust, but was able to work on the tinnitus...said he wouldn't be able to fix it completely, but could give me some relief. Massage afterwards was very relaxing...Amy is the therapist's name...we always talk so much, she goes over the allotted time, lol! She has cystic fibrosis and has shared some things about how it has affected her life. I always just thought it was a "lung disease", but it causes so many more challenges...always good to learn from her and get her perspective on things.

Ran a few errands, then stopped by the greenhouse on my way home. Velda had hand copied all my recipes, so I don't need to print them off for her. I bought some more yellow marigolds and some red salvia to finish up the gladiola row...had about 4 ft. in the center that was going to be bare. And some shorter sunflower seeds to mix in with everything.

Spring, you're always so insightful and understanding about everything...I appreciate so much your comments about me catching up with lost time from being able to garden.

Mikie, I am so sorry about the mattress, and the printer. I would think whoever is supposed to deliver the product would actually be able to deliver it. But, last year when I ordered several dozen quart jars for Lorene (I ordered to have them delivered here, but used their credit card...it was nearly $300 worth) they were delivered when I was gone. It looked like the three big boxes had just been dumped out of the back of the truck...they were laying on their sides and one was almost ripped open. I hope you get everything resolved okay.

Guys...I'm hitting a wall all of a sudden. Can barely keep my eyes open, so I'll try to visit more tomorrow. I didn't even clean up from supper...just put leftovers in the fridge and called it good. Take care!

sunflowergirl

Spring: sorry that your DH scarfed up your samosas! Good thing you’ve got a very efficient DD! Are you able to get a covid vaccine? I read that your DD and DS have gotten it.

I finished reworking the linen pants I bought. They were a size too large so took them in from waist to hem, cut them off a little, put a deep hem and then a cuff. I love them now. This is what they are now. Perfect with sandals. $49 was the tag on them, I paid $7. One of the best things I ever learned was to sew. I stopped making clothes years ago. The fabric is very expensive, the pattern cost is out of sight and it takes a lot of time to make something. So when I come across a new piece of clothing that I can remake, it’s really worth it.

Julie: sorry your chiro isn’t able to help much with the tinnitus. Have you read up on it in the trigger point therapy workbook? Trigger points around your neck and shoulders affect the ears. I’ve lived with the *&^%$#@ tinnitus for about 20 plus years and don’t pay much attention to it except when it seems to change the “channel”.

Sorry for your friend with the CF. Here’s a link about taking NAC for it. I’ve been taking NAC for about 2 mos. and it has helped with the coughing in the bronchiectatis I have, but apparently it can also help CF. Print it off and give it to your friend and tell her to talk to her doctor about taking it. And I’m sure she must know how important it is to drink a lot of water to keep the mucous thin. The problem with CF and what I have is you MUST cough up the mucous otherwise you can develop pneumonia. I take 600 mg twice a day.....can be bought over the counter. I buy it online.

Last edited:

Willow77

sun- what thrift shop did you go to? The don't have very good stuff at the ones here. Salt Lake City has some really good ones but I don't expect we will go anytime soon. I have boxes of patterns that I have never used. JoAnns used to sell them at the end of season for $1 each. I need to lose 5-7 lbs before a size L will be comfortable. XL is way to big. I hate this being between sizes.

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids,

Got a lot of sleep but woke a few times. My hips and legs are killing me. I think it's a combination of walking in the pool, the mattress and my Sjogren's flaring. I am going to take an NSAID and go back over this morning to walk a bit more--hair of the dog. I need to get into the shower and go shopping for a new mattress. I may not go today because I may be too tired. Tomorrow. It'll cost hundreds more for a mattress from the store but I have to do it. I can't keep this up. Good news is that the printer is working beautifully (knocking on wood).

Sun, so glad you got the pants taken in and made the stylish cuffs. I used to make clothes for DDs and I feel the same as you do. Sooo glad I learned to sew. Last thing I made was a box pleated valance for over the sliding doors when they were in style. They turned out beautifully and I saved a bundle over a custom valance. The refund for the mattress has already been credited to my credit card. Amazon has always been good about things like that for me. I was very nice to the woman I talked to because I didn't want to offend her. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. I always keep you in my prayers.

Spring, I have a foam mattress cover for a twin bed and tried to use it the last time I needed a new mattress but it didn't work. I'm just trying to get by until I get a new one. Usually the mattress store delivers the next day. I just have to go there and try out different ones. What a pain--literally! Yes, delivery people always make me nervous. I worry about their chipping the paint on the railing outside. We paid a lot to have them repainted. I think a big part of installing techy things is just persistence. Installing that printer was just crazy but it eventually worked. Now maybe I'll try to install my smart plugs, my smart light bulb and the new Alexa Echo which were gifts. Maybe the problem is that all these things are smarter than I. :) I know how hard it must be with the lock down but I hope it helps keep you safe. Glad the kids got their jabs. India is heartbreaking. Biden said we will be sending supplies but I'm afraid it will be too little too late. The whole world needs to figure out how to handle future pandemics. Unfortunately, there are people like our governor who stand in the way and make things worse. Stay safe, my friend.

Julie, I remember the jar fiasco. The box for the mattress wasn't beat up and the little woman delivering it used care but it was simply too heavy for her to deliver. She seemed a bit put out that we have no elevator for our two story bldg. and that there were no men to come running to help out. The three story does have an elevator but we don't need one here. It's the stairs that keep me going. Elevators are nice for deliveries though. I hate tinnitus. I'm laughing about what Sun said about it's 'changing channels.' It is so weird when it does that. I can often get mine to ease up by opening my mouth and dropping my jaw and pressing on the sides of my face just in front of my ears. Glad you have a good chiro and masseuse.

Barry, Gordon, Rock, Willow, and Granni, I hope you all have a good day. Same for anyone not mentioned. I try to be sure to respond to everyone's posts but I keep all our Porchies in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Love, Mikie

Home again, home again...feeling better. Barb was at the pool and we walked for an hour. It is so beautiful and fresh outside. It's a perfect time to get outside. Teresa is off today and wants to sit out on the balcony when she gets back from her bike ride. Haven't seen her in ages. Her cats have been missing her too. Then, I'm gonna get in the shower and trim my hair. Actually, it needs a color job so I might as well do that too. Mattress store will have to wait a day. I need to go online to check prices first anyway. Rooms To Go is having a sale but I prefer to buy from people who do nothing but mattresses. Memorial Day is coming up bit I can't wait that long. Maybe the mattress store will guaranty the price if it drops. Hope all y'all are having a good one.

Last edited:
  • Love

lydia1

Good Thursday morning...gonna type in-between bites of oatmeal, lol! Was awake in the middle of the night, but no energy...maybe I was just detoxing from the massage yesterday? At any rate, I'm feeling better today, so will try to get some things done.

Change of plans, though...the town where Keira's track meet is has rain predicted off and on all day...I may get partway there (over an hour drive) and they cancel. I texted Amy and we decided it would help them all out more if we have Kristian come to the farm for the weekend...his soccer game isn't till Sunday afternoon (instead of Saturday morning, like Miley's volleyball game) so I'll meet Amy part way tomorrow and just bring Kristian home with me. He's got so much energy (and a little bit ADD) so it will give them all a break...and we can easily keep him busy for a couple of days, lol! Then I can take him home Sunday in time for his game...might be a chance to celebrate Amy's birthday, which is May 4.

Keira has two more track meets, so I can surely make it to one of them...today I really need to make the best use of my time and catch up with the mowing and planting whatever flowers, etc. I can. Too wet to get in the garden, since it rained here yesterday...Den and I walked around a little bit ago and I can row my peas, beets, radishes, onions, and the strawberry plants look great. The potatoes aren't popping through yet, but I may have planted them a bit too deep...will give them a few more days. Not sure if I mentioned or not, but it is 125 of (my) paces from my house door to the door of the Hobbit House...should get plenty of walking in since I forget things every time I go one way or the other, lol!

Still haven't tried to look for Tawny's kittens, but she comes every evening for supper and lots of times now for breakfast, too. Mama's kittens are growing and getting so fat...I love to see them so healthy! I've started picking each one up and petting them so they can get used to human touch. Noticed a couple are starting to open their eyes...seems too soon, but I'm sure they're right on "kitty schedule".

Sun, thanks for the info on the NAC. I'll show her...she may already know about it as she has regular appts. at the University Hospitals.

Mikie, glad you got to the pool...keep plugging along, a little bit at a time. I know the perfect mattress is just out there, waiting for you :)

Willow, hope the pain management program helps again this time. And that you found a great pair of shoes for Mom.

I'd better get off the computer and just say a quick Hi to everyone else. Den called my cell from the Hobbit House...needs "management" to make some decisions ;) And I got behind on dishes again, so need to fix that. And the sourdough starter might be ready so I can mix up some stromboli dough...then it refrigerates for 6 hours...will be ready in time for supper tonight...

Take care!

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Haven't cooked in ages. Decided to fry up some veggies I needed to use up. I caramelized some onions and added red, yellow and orange pepper strips. I added some mushrooms, grated fresh ginger, soy sauce and some curry powder. It is sooo good. Wish I had cooked some rice to go with it. Think I will to go with what's left. I always make extra rice so I can have some rice pudding.

I sat outside for about an hour with Teresa and we had such a nice chat and some good laughs. I had planned to color, trim and wash my hair but I'm really tired so it can wait til tomorrow. I would have done it today had she not called to get together. After we sat, she went over to the pool for a swim. It's getting too hot out for me outside and it's humid today too.

Julie, yes, it's a good thing you are flexible. I'll bet Kristian will have a ball at the farm. Sounds like it's a really busy time there with that big garden. Glad the kittens and Mama Kitty are doing well. Tawny's kittens will likely be well too if she is. Good luck with all you have to do.

Gonna go put my veggie dish in a container and put it in the fridge. Then I'll probably rest. My eyes are trying to close. Perhaps a nap.

Love, Mikie

DD just called. She sent a short video of Benny the puppy playing in the yard with Donovan the cat. Sooo cute. She got a better job with a clinic that she worked at when she was in school. It's a better situation and they will pay off her student loan if she stays two years. I'm so happy for her. Claudia texted a pic of the red roses I gave her after Sushi died. They opened up and are gorgeous. I had given her SV's old water fountain. She gave it to Jeff for Tweety. This whole neighborhood is one big thrift shop/swap meet for cats. I didn't get my nap but I don't care. Got to talk to DD. I am thinking I'll get to CO later this summer.

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

A very late hi to awl this Thursday almost evening,

Havent accomplished a whole lot today but had to be up and atem this morning to go and get my blood drawn again for my thyroid ck. They keep on changing my dosage which is good as some of my tremors so to speak may be caused from that or aggravating it. My dad had some Parkinson like tremors but he did not have Parkinsons and I have lots of his traits, inc hi b/p !! He also had Multiple Myeloma which caused his passing.. I was on a new dosage and was only given 30 days worth of it to take for 6 wks before having it checked again with anothe blood draw today. Glad our pcp and his labs are closeby as it only takes about 10-15 minutes to get there. Almost out of thyroid meds so hope they let me know soon on the newest dosage and sending it to CVS nearby.

MIKIE - That is funny about you all swapping out kittie toys and such for SV and neighborhood kitties. That is neat, if one kitty doesn't like the gadget or toy trade it for something else or just give it to another kitty owner who might like it. Of course it is a good thing to if the kitty has gone over the rainbow bridge it is nice to give t tosomeone who could use it for their kitty. Those veggies you made sounded delicious Rest a bit and then eat. If you can find some rice to go with it it really sould be good. Sounds yummy. Did yu decide to sent the mattress back or did yu nver get it to your place? Geez??? Glad your printer is doing well.

WILLOW - Hope you find a nice pair of shoes or maybe two for a good price for your mom. I love Thrift shopts to but haven't been shopping in any stores othe than grocery i some time. I do love to look, like my moom. I have gotten some great things in the past, some new with the tags on for great prices.

JULIE- Not sure if you pooped out after your big dinner or supper yesterday or way. I have just been reading and may have gotten my days mixed up. You are always so busy and hope you feel better after a good sleep. My sleeps have been iffy lately. Hope Clinton and Amy are hanging in there. Don't wear yourself out please.I have tinnitis also and understand how that cana drive you batty. Also have neck and shoulder, back of head problems. Yes I am a mess !! LOL Have been this way for years except for what is probably some neuropathy . Good luck to Keira on her track meets !!!

SUN - I envy you at being good in sewing. I could do the basics but ended up giving away the machine very cheap. I didn't use it much and couldn't find a place to keep it and I am not handy like you although somsetimes I coud use it to take in pants or a top if needed. However,to much trouble to set up the machine for me. II am at the point were we are trying to get rid of to much stuff cluttering the house, even if in a closet.

Hi to everydobby else not mentioned. I need to get off here and try and make some taco meat for something different. Missing ROCK /GORDON and hope they are OK and BARRY too. Hope everyone else is doing well and gets to pop in sometime soon.

Love to awl,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I'm tired but haven't taken a nap. Got a couple of things done. The kids downstairs had given me a new Alexa Echo that is an upgrade from the one I had. I tried to install it before with no luck but was able to do it today so I have a fancy schmancy new Alexa. Works the same as the old one so it seems it's only the outside packaging that is improved. I can actually set the old one back up in another room and sync them up together or use them as stereo speakers for when I play music. I may give the old one away to someone who doesn't have one. Claudia loves the one I gave her but it kinda freaks her out when it calls her by name and gets chatty. Amazon keeps trying to make them better and adding new things for them to do.

Granni, UPS came to deliver the mattress but the tiny woman couldn't get it up the steps. I would have helped but, as strong as I am, I couldn't lift one end of the box. I told her to take it back and Amazon refunded the price. I will end up paying twice as much at a local store but sometimes, we have to do that because of our limitations. Just hope I can find a good one that helps my hips and back. I hope they can get your thyroid meds at just the right dose. With thyroid, it can take a bit of tweaking. When it's off, it can cause all kinds of things. With me it was heart palpitations. Glad your doc is being vigilant and glad the lab and doc's office are close. Mine are too. Mmmm, taco meat is delicious in all kinds of dishes. Hope you have a good dinner.

Gonna go get ready for the evening. I like to wind down a bit. Only problem is that I wind down so much I fall asleep. Zzzzzzz... Sent a text to younger DD and DSIL. Today is their wedding anniversary, the same as Kate & William. Hope everyone has a really nice evening.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

sunflowergirl

I’ve been busy playing with my oil paints today, but found this interesting article, especially for BARRY who I know loves mushrooms. Mmmmm....guess I’ll have to buy some mushrooms and eat them daily. And look at all the interesting articles on the sides of this particular one. It got really HOT today. 92 or higher. Not ready for that yet.

lydia1

Beautiful evening...65 degrees yet at 8:15...I think our high was only 73. I couldn't get in the garden this morning, but could set out a few plants on the south side of the Hobbit House (asparagus, rhubarb, stevia and lavender.) Put a hollyhock plant on the west side. Could have done more...I have spots picked out...but Den needed some cleanup in the Hobbit House. We never really got everything out, before he started rebuilding. So, I got some totes and cleaned up leaves, pieces of wood, broken pottery, just trash that had blown in while the roof was partly off...so he could have room to work inside (he does the hard part, I'm the cleanup crew, lol!)

Mama Kitty came to the house while I was taking a break...jumped up on the porch swing with me. Must have been satisfied that the farm was running smoothly while she was on maternity leave ;) ...she didn't stay long before heading back to her babies.

Thought I was going to have to mow most of the day tomorrow before going to meet Amy...but Den did the parts of the yard that needed it and were dry enough. So, I'll work on setting more plants out tomorrow...don't have to leave home till around 3:00 pm.

Mikie, so nice that you could visit and catch up with Teresa....good to just be able to relax a bit. I'll bet that was a sweet video of Benny and Donovan.

Granni, hope the get your thyroid meds straightened out. Den had to have his adjusted this time, too....and only got a two month prescription since he has to get it tested again to see whether to keep the new dosage or go back to the other one. I just got worn out yesterday because I went to the chiro, had an hour massage, then ran errands. Probably have over-exerted as I try to get all my plants in the ground and planters, hanging baskets, etc. since it finally warmed up enough and we shouldn't have any more frost.

Sun, glad you have your painting. Oh, I love mushrooms, too...I buy whole baby bellas, wash and slice them, then saute in butter. Freeze on a cookie sheet, then put in a zip loc bag...I cook them in so many dishes and it's so handy that way. One thing I've read is to set the raw mushrooms in the sun for a few hours....they soak up the Vitamin D.

Okay...supper is late tonight...stayed outside too long. Came in and put some pieces of turkey roast, carrots and potatoes in the oven (had been thawing in the fridge, so needed to be cooked). While the oven was on, I mixed up some sourdough molasses cookies (Den thought they were perfect cause I baked them the bare minimum of time and they are really soft and chewy.) The sourdough stromboli is shaped and rising...should be ready to go in the oven soon. I offered Den the turkey, etc. once it got done, but I think he was looking forward to stromboli, lol...so he opted to wait. It will be after 9:00 by the time we eat :eek:

Hi to everyone, and hope everything is as well as can be. I'd better tend to supper.