PORCH 1259 IS NOW CLOSED (4/30/21) | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1259 IS NOW CLOSED (4/30/21)

ProHealth CBD Store

sunflowergirl

I got two big bags of potting soil dumped, some alstroemerias moved (I hope they will take) and the cosmos planted. I’m super tired today, so took my shower and I’m heading for a nap even before my lunch. I’ve got my old painting clothes on though....hopeful.

Barry: I know you don’t plant anymore so I’m assuming these are things that come up year after year. I have one lilac bush but not many flowers on it. I haven’t fertilized things in quite a while so that must be the reason. Hope you start to feel better. I’m usually thrown after a shot too.

Willow77

Hi to All,

I just got back from 2 estate sales. It was the last day and the corning ware and the pans that I wanted to look at was gone. I guess you have to go on the first day and pay full price for that. Lesson learned. I did get a bar stool for Gray to use in the garage so I get the one back that I lent him from the kitchen island. We are both happy. I also got some books on plants and southwest desert gardens. One book a hardback with a lot of pictures didn't even look like it had been opened. I always need to replace water glasses so I got a matching set of 6. At the old house not everything dropped on the old linoleum broke but here on these hard tile floors they shatter into a million pieces. I stopped at the bakery on the way home and got Sunday dinners dessert. I was so disappointed that they were out of napoleons. I guess next time it is my turn to pick dessert that I will have to phone and have them set a few aside.

Julie- Mom and Gray both think the Stromboli sounds great so I am going to try it. I will probably use the store bought dough to start to see if they like it. I used to make homemade bread everyday when the kids were little so I may just go for it with the homemade dough. I can't knead anymore but my mixer can do that for me. Enjoy your time with Kristian.

Granni- Have you tried any of the exercises or physical therapy for the pelvic floor? I looked up some exercises online and plan to add a few to my exercise routine. My sister was seeing a physical therapist to learn the exercises but she refused to change her appt time to later in the day so she can't continue to go. She can't drive that far so she has to take the dial a ride bus which means she is up at 5 am for a 8am appt. which is just too much. So she is looking into the bladder sling surgery.

Sun- I don't know much about how fitbit measures footsteps. I just try to walk extra during the day when I am doing chores or yard work. I think 2000 footsteps is one mile if I am reading the app right. I have according to the app walked 1433 footsteps so far which is .59 miles. And so far today burned 816 calories. but I haven't gotten into the moderate activity for more than 10 minutes in a row so I got a for 0 for that. You can also put in your weight and what you ate to get calories eaten and calories burned. It is too much trouble but when I get closer to the weight I want I may have to pay more attention to that right now I am eating 1 slice of toast for breakfast instead of 2 and 1/2 a slice of toast before bed instead of a whole one and eating part of a potato with dinner instead of a whole one dripping with my favorite plant based margarine.

In high school I weighed about 114 pounds and a girl came up to me in the restroom that I knew in junior high. She told me I should stop gaining weight, I was getting fat, so I started dieting and skipping meals until I got down to 94 pounds. It wasn't sustainable and I looked terrible so I went up to 98 and stayed there for several years. I am 5' 3" so a few inches shorter than you and every pound over 105 shows up on my hips. As a senior woman, I would be happy with 125 if I can do it without being hungry all the time. That would make me about a size 10. In 8th grade I hit 5' tall and 100 pounds and I was so happy to not be the shortest, skinniest girl in class anymore. It was bad enough being a red head with freckles. I stopped growing when I was in 9th grade but continued gaining weight. By the time I graduated I dieted down to 98 pounds. I tried out for the marines with a friend but she needed to lose 35 pounds and I needed to gain 10, the recruiter said they would take me under weight and fatten me up but that my friend had to lose the weight. Well she didn't even try so that ended that. I didn't want to go in alone. All we had left was the physical and signing in ceremony. Well I had to get a parent to sign for me because I was 17. But we were that close to joining up.

I need to change into garden clothes and get some seeds into the ground. Of the 5 kinds of beans that I planted only 1 came up so I need to get something in there. The cucumbers finally came up but not the squash and I need to pull up the peas. The heat did them in so they need to be replaced with something else.

Love to All,
Willow

Almost walked away without hitting post again.

sunflowergirl

Willow: sorry about all the napoleons being gone. I know how you were looking forward to them. Hey....you’re a redhead like me, though mine is from a bottle for over 55 years. My DD is a natural, as is my DGS. My DGD is a strawberry blond. My grandfather and several uncles and lots of cousins had auburn hair so it just kinda runs in the family.

Does your sister have a dropped bladder? And are you saying only one seed came up or one variety?

Willow77

Sun= My sister has absolutely no muscle control for her bladder so she is supposed to do exercises to build the muscles back up. I am doing some exercises but you can't do kegels with pelvic floor dysfunction. It makes the pain much worse. I worked with a pelvic floor physical therapist for several months but I was not very faithful at keeping up with the exercises. But I plan to start now.

My Dad had auburn hair as a kid but it turned brown in adulthood. My Mom was a strawberry blond and her hair turned a light brown. They assured me mine would turn brown too. I started out blond as did my boys but by the time I started school it was strawberry blond and by junior high it was red and stayed red. Red hair turns yellow before it turns white so my hair in the front looks blond and white but the back still has a lot of color, some red some brown and a lot of yellow. My sister and one cousin were the only ones who were born red and stayed that way. Bears hair is blond in the summer but reddish in the winter. Buddy had gorgeous blond hair almost down to his waist when he was a teen but now it is a rusty red/gold and he keeps it very short.

I planted about 5 varieties of beans but only the Chinese red noodle beans came up. The Christmas Lima. Green, Bonita, and Cherokee trail of tears and the Old Mother Stollard didn't come up at all. They are replanted along with some Zulu peppers and butternut squash. I came in and watched the Kentucky Derby and now I need to take Mom for her walk.

rockgor

hello to everyone,

sun, i went to armstrong nursery this afternoon to see what i can spend my money on. found a perennial called Helenium. it has yellow flowers and is suppose to attract bees and butterflies. who could resist - so i bought two. i also found a sedium with small yellow foliage. i think that would add some color in the yard. i also bought a pk of zinnia seeds for $1.89 and will try to grow them again. since i finished preparing the new growing area for the day lilies bulbs, which is suppose to arrive on may 6th, i'll sneak the new plants in a corner. i'm glad it was cooler today. it was so hot the last two days i didn't feel like moving. i'm not too good in any hot weather.

i use to get free compost from the city in an lot close to me. i took rock out to see if there was any more i can get but found the place empty and cars parked in that area. called the city to find out the situation. was told that their 'machine' broke and it'll be awhile before any compost will be available. i guess they meant the 'chipper' was broken cause i don't know what other machine would be used.

i sound like you also did much in your yard and hope it wouldn't cause you much pain.

spring, felt like making something good to eat his afternoon so i brought down some ground pork and made a batch of potstickers. i like to pan fry some for a light lunch when i don't have anything good in the fridge.

mikie, too bad about the mattress and hope you find something to help in the local store.

barry, you never told me what you would do if the well drys up. taking buckets to the river?

all for now,

gordon

sunflowergirl

Gordon: I had to look up that plant. Gorgeous. I may go there tomorrow to buy a plant for me. I’m trying to keep yellows and oranges with all the purple sea lavender statice I have all over. That is my favorite flower to plant. The flower heads stay for at least 3 mos. as they dry and look spectacular. Low water once they’re established too. And the plant will last for at least 4 plus years until you have to replace them.

Willow: I’ve tried kegels.....yes, painful. I think with any muscle you work you’re bound to get pain from it. My DDs hair is/was a gorgeous med. red but as she gets older she said it kinda looks faded so she has a color job.....but in my opinion she uses too dark of an auburn. My DH also had strawberry blond hair.....they always called him red when he was a kid and it stuck with the family

I’ve spent the afternoon painting again. The trouble with working in oils is I don’t want to throw away the paint once I’ve squeezed it out, so I just pull out another unfinished canvas. But after I finished with one old one, I started a new fresh canvas. Magenta hollyhocks with a yellow bird sitting on the plant.

Spring: I don’t blame you for not wanting to stand in a line for how long to get a shot. I do pray for you and your family for your safety. The friend I talked to last saturday that had the covid was telling me how she and her DH were still having the long haul symptoms, he more so than she was. But.....even though the immunity won’t last longer than about 6 mos. for her she still says she won’t get the shots. Said she doesn’t trust the government.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids,

Not much to tell here. Joe called me last night to tell me there is nothing to tell. He's happy the Snowbirds are gone. The space capsule splashed down in the Gulf last night. I think this is the first night splash down. It's hot 'n muggy here. Too hot for May. The weather people on our local ABC station call it, 'Weather you can wear.' They call the weather their, 'Dog walking fur-cast.' I get a kick out their terminology.

Sun, Gordon and Willow, it sounds as though you all are busy with your gardening and beautifying your places. I sent Barb's DD a pic of the spath plant in bloom. It was given to her Mom when her Dad passed away. I told her that it reminds me of them both. She is excited because her DS and DDIL are going to be having a baby. Love good news.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

lydia1

Good Sunday morning...Den is still asleep, but Kristian and I are ready to "seize the day!" :eek: Well, after I have some coffee, lol! We were all so tired last night, and I had muscles screaming that I hadn't heard from in years...but it was a "satisfying" ache...if that's possible. I told Kristian he smelled like a water buffalo (I did too ;)) and he would need to take a bath. He informed me he "takes a bath on Sundays"...typical boy, haha! I told Amy that and she was mortified..."Mom, he has to bathe more often than that!"...I told her I was sure he did, lol!

Anyway, he would like the "day off" today, so we're going to go back to the creek after breakfast...and hope to find some mushrooms while we're there. Meeting Amy and the girls partway and eating supper at a Mexican restaurant that Keira thinks "is the bomb"...celebrating Amy's 36th birthday on Wednesday (how is my baby girl 36 years old???!!!) Keira has another track meet tomorrow night...I think it's about an hour away from me, so I'll try once again to go.

Gonna get off here...both boys are up now and ready for french toast sticks for breakfast, lol! I'll check back in tonight.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Been a lazy day not unlike a lot of my days. I watched the newest Tom Clancy movie--I can't even remember the name of it but it's like a clone of so many other moves of this genre. Then I watched Rainy Day In New York and it was like a cone gone awry of Woody Allen's other films. The last one I saw was Midnight in Paris and it was wonderful. I filled out my claim forms for my money in CO but will have to have them notarized. Then I can send them in. A lot of work for the money.

Julie, I'm laughing about Kristian's taking a bath on Sundays. Mmmm, Mexican food. I hope you enjoy it and have a good time. Hope Amy has a nice birthday. She's due for something special.

Hope all y'all are winding up the weekend in fine fettle.

Love, Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Hope Porchies are MIA because everyone was busy having a good weekend. I'll stop in later.

Last edited:

lydia1

Good Monday morning! For some reason, I was awake by 5:00 am...I certainly have made a shift in my sleeping pattern, once I got adjusted to Daylight Savings Time. Of course, going to bed early and actually being able to fall asleep and stay asleep must make a big difference, lol! And I think the chiro did help the tinnitus...I've been able to "tune it out" at times (or rather, it doesn't seem to be there 24/7, like before.)

Anyway, woke up thinking it was the day to roll out the sourdough noodles (got the recipe from the Amish girl at the greenhouse...you make the dough, seal it in a zip loc bag for 3-7 days, then roll it out.) Oh. My. Lanta! I've never made such a huge batch of noodles in my life :eek: My usual recipe barely covers the 23" X 17" mat that I roll them out on....this one covered the mat (even going over the edges onto the counter top...twice!!!) And it rolled so easily and smoothly, it felt like I could just keep going and going and going ;) These will have to go in the dehydrator as they will make several meals (of course, probably only one meal for an Amish family, lol!)

Had a fun day with Kristian yesterday...Den and I took him back to the creek...it was low enough that "KJ" and I could walk in the water, but Den didn't wear his boots. I wanted to look for mushrooms, so I got out on the opposite side and had the boys meet me (they had to go around to the creek crossing with the Gator). Didn't find any mushrooms, but saw (what I think are) Sweet Williams...wondering if I could dig them up and transplant them in a flower garden?

We got back to the house in time for lunch (and to shower, to get off any bugs/mud/pollen/etc. KJ was in shock when I had him bathe two days in a row, haha!) Then he got some computer time while Den napped and I worked a bit in the kitchen. Left mid-afternoon to drive to the town where we were meeting Amy and the girls (Clinton stayed home to rest) for supper. I don't really care that much for Mexican food (or rather, my stomach doesn't get along so well with it) but everyone else like it, so that's what we did. I had called ahead to see if they would allow us to bring a birthday cake in with us, so we had a little birthday party for Amy.

Keira has two more track meets...I haven't made it to any of them, but will try to go tonight (about an hour away, but I want to stop at a Mennonite store about half way there.) Her last meet is Friday, about 30 minutes from us...she may want to come to our house afterwards, so that will be handy. Not sure we are doing anything in particular for Mother's Day, but I could get her home by then.

Well, I just heard Den say "Hi" to someone...sounds like Peace Sign went in to wake him up, lol! And I'd better get those noodles cut (rolled them out and let the dough "rest" for a few minutes.) Truthfully, it is exhausting to have a child like KJ around...he is a sweet, loving child...but has to be on the go at all times (unless watching videos or playing computer games...but that has to be limited.) So, we will work on helping him find ways to entertain himself at times...

Gotta run...take care!

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Got my ear cleared up so decided to go shopping for the new mattress and call the doc another day if it gets stuffed up again. Shopping for mattresses is stressful because it's hard to know what to get just from lying on them for a bit. I walked in the door at the store and lay down on a Prana mattress. They are expensive so I never thought I would get one. It felt like heaven. I tried a few others but none felt like the Prana. It was on sale for $1,700; it was originally $3,000. I figured it was an old model. The salesman asked whether I need box springs and since I don't, he said he could sell it to me for $1,200. Come to find out, it was one returned to the store. They send them to the co. where they are sanitized. I told him I never considered buying a used bed. He said when we stay at hotels we are sleeping on used beds. It is such a good deal I decided to do it. If it's not comfortable, I can return it. It looks like brand new. I doubt the original owner had it very long. One more problem solved.

I stopped on the way home and got a few groceries at Publix. They had BOGO's on things and sales on other things. I got two bags of frozen shrimp. Prices continue to go up every time I shop. I got the paperwork filled out for my claim in CO but have to get it notarized before sending it in. The mattress will be delivered on Thurs. so think I'll do a good cleaning on the bedroom before they bring it. Earlier, I had gotten sick to my stomach and wasn't sure I'd be able to go out. So glad it passed so to speak.

Julie, sounds like a really good time at your place this weekend. I'm laughing at Den's saying hi to Peace Sign. Funny that we talk to our kitties like we do to everyone else. Also laughing about Kristian's being in shock over bathing two days in a row. He would have liked living in the old days when people only bathed on Saturday nights. Hope your noodles are good and you enjoyed the party at the Mexican restaurant.

SV is out on the lanai gazing out over his kingdom. I had to have him come in before I left for the store. He was basking in the morning sun and didn't want to come in. I gave him treats when I got home. I may lie down a bit myself. I ache all over and am exhausted. Hope the new mattress helps with that.

Hope all y'all are having a great start to the week.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

Good afternnon Porchies,

Not much time to write as Ineed to sart dinner a bit eaerly as the chickem quarters has bones in it and will take longer than usual. Nothing to excitinghappening here eeally. DH and I went shopping and I out stuff away and did soeinvestigating on drug prices should we lose out insurance. OMG, shocking if you ask me, esp on some dru gs but of course we have been spoiled with pretty good insurance, even though one of my Brand drugs for OAB for a 90 days supply is $100 , not bad if you figure out that without insurance it is like $300 plus. That has no generic. The other that is generic that I use most of the time is so cheap with my insurance and when I check these companies that keeps on advertising, which they is not insurance but is supposedly 80% off cost is absolsutly ridiculous. It is especially the b/p meds I take that are so importanat and they wre not to cheap either. I have to keep on investigating . If you want 90 day or more supply the amount really goes up. Hoping we keep our insurance forever but not sure that will happen.

MIKIE - How is your tinnitis and stopped up ears doing? Hope they are doindg better and hope you like your mattress when you get it home. Hope they set it up for you and have no problems with delivery. I think you had the tinnitis too besides JULIE. Wow, that is ana expensive mattrress but sounds like you got a pretty good deal all things considered especially if it helps your pain , etc. and to sleep better. Boy, does SV have an easy life !!!!!????

JULIE - Glad you seem to be feeling a little better and all went well with Kristian and his first visit.

Took a break and put the chicken in the oven. These ae pretty big quarters so will take awhile for these to cook for sure. Meanwhile my 1 DD texted they would like to come see us , go for dinner for Mothers Day, 1 day late and spend the night. Then leave the next day for a Houston funeral of the mother of one their good friends from HS. The cleaning ladies are coming that monday 12:30 and our DSIL hopes to leave work early enough so they can get here abaout 5 or so. Was thinking at first I might have to cancel the cleaning people again but this should work out ok if they come earlier than usual and DSIL and DD get here aboaut 5 or so.

GORDON - You can come cook for me any time so you can make potstickers and whatever Chinese dish you want. Does Rock enjoy potstickers.?? Hope he is doing OK. Miss seeing him around.

WILLOW - Yes, if you want to go to the Estate Sales or garage sales and you see things you might like you need to go early or they will be gone. Glaad at least you got a few thing you liked, like that stool so you can give it back to Gray so you can have your stool back. LOL

SUN - Thanks for yur pretty flower information. I thin k of my mom she just loved flowers. They made her so happy and usually do for most people.

Gotta run and do a little more for dinner!

Love,Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just winding down. It's one of those times in my life where I feel awful and am miserable. Been there before and it always passes. I checked with mgmt. and the owners of the unit here have made no effort to bring their account current so told them to turn it over to our atty. By the time she adds interest and her fees, they will be shocked at the amt. It's a group of doctors who buy condos and rent them as an investment. We may go to court to have the renters pay us directly so we can collect the back condo fees and interest. The Crabby Pants couple downstairs will be returning for two weeks, as though my life doesn't have enough mistery right now. As Rock would say, 'Sour icing on a rancid cake.'

Granni, the tinnitus is better but it's still there. I will give it a couple of days before I call the doc. I need to clean out my bedroom before they bring the new mattress. I hope you don't lose your insurance. That would suck. Yes, SV has a very good life. Hope your chicken comes out good for tonight.

Hope all our Dear Porchies have a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Willow77

Hi to All,
We had a disappointing beginning to our day. We went to our appt. for the second jab and there was a sign on the door that all those who had appts written on the back of their cards needed to make new appts. So we ran a few errands and came home and I made appts for Wednesday. Then we went back out and finished our errands. I got almost 4000 footsteps in but my legs hurt so bad I had to take a muscle relaxer before our errands were done. Wednesday will be a very busy day too, we will be getting our jab and then going out of town to pick up a prescription and then shoe shopping for Mom so tomorrow will be a pre-emptive rest day.

Mikie- Happy that you were able to find a mattress that you liked and for a bargain too. Too bad about the mean people coming back so soon. I was hoping that they were gone for the summer.

Julie- I looked into the peanut flour and will probably give it a try. I found a place on the internet that has it. None of the stores around here do.

Well it's time to start the bed time rituals.

Love to All,
Willow

Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids,

I guess summer has arrived in SW FL. It's gonna be in the low 90's for the foreseeable future. Sooo hot in the afternoons. UGH! We desperately need rain but it appears that only the inland areas may get some. Not much to tell; there nothing going on around here. I am invited to a wine party tomorrow evening so that may break up the monotony.

I stopped yesterday while I was out and got the car gassed up. I had hoped to get a gas card on sale at Publix but they haven't had that special for a while. I like to keep the tank at least half full during hurricane season. I also ran the car through the car wash. Tree pollen isn't supposed to be so bad now but my allergies are still bad. When I get a car wash, the gas is discounted 20 cents a gallon. There is a sweet family that runs the station. I think they are from India. They are so helpful and nice. I like to do business in places like that.

DSIL posted on FB showing politicians' telling people to wear masks but showing their gathering without them. That brought out others who posted about not getting the vaccine. One had a daughter who is a nurse who got vaccinated and still got Covid. Experts are now saying the vaccines are about 90 percent effective. That leaves about ten percent of the vaccinated who may get it despite having gotten their shots. Seems that some people are just looking for reasons not to get the vaccine. Why not do everything to try to err on the side of caution regardless of what politicians do? So far, the vaccines seem to be pretty effective against the variants but unless we get people vaccinated, we will likely not be able to stay ahead of the mutations and we will end up having to get yearly vaccinations.

Willow, I am so sorry that your jab got cancelled and you had to reschedule. I hope you can get it and find shoes for Mom. What a pain. Also sorry your legs hurt so bad. We all have to deal with so much. I think W*M sells almond flour. I have some but haven't tried it in anything. Between that and the almond milk, we will probably have a nut shortage. Plywood is now in a shortage and the cost has gone way up. Production was down because of the virus. Covid really made a mess of things but I guess it could be worser. What is going on in India is heartbreaking. I hope today is a better day for you.

A young girl who lives just down the coast is on American Idol. I don't watch those kinds of shows but evidently she is doing well. Her name is Casey Bishop. I don't like singers who are noisy and loud. News showed a young boy who was singing the national anthem. Seemed to me he was screaming instead of singing. AACCKK!! Give me the old crooners any day. What can I say? I'm an old fogey.

Hope all y'all have a great day.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

lydia1

Good morning, porch gang! 50 degrees here at 7:00 am...high is only to get up to 61. Guess I'm being (not so patiently) wise to not set out my tomato or pepper plants yet...sigh ;) I woke up early again cause we went to bed earlier, so I started laundry...not sure how much to hang on the clothesline in case it rains again today...the forecast ranges from "showers" to "sunny all day", lol!

Willow, I'm so sorry your day got all messed up yesterday. Wise of you to rest today, before your busy day tomorrow...hope you get everything accomplished next time you're out and about. You and Sun have inspired me to ask for a Fitbit for Mother's Day or my birthday...Den has been looking at them. All I really want is one that measures my steps, heart rate and blood pressure. I think just those 125 steps from the house to the Hobbit House would really add up, lol!

Mikie, I hope this mattress is the perfect one. Low 90's would be way too hot here...yesterday wasn't too hot, but it was so humid before it actually rained...ugh! Good luck with the mean peoples' visit...I know you will handle it was grace, but hope they don't cause any extra stress.

Granni, are you recovered from your trip? I keep looking on your facebook page to see if you've been tagged in any pictures, but haven't seen any. Sounds like you will have a nice Mother's Day, although a bit hectic. You can do it, though...just takes some planning, true? Not sure if I'll see any of Amy's family or not...and, of course, Lindsey is too far away. Kristian would like to come to the farm every weekend, but not sure Grandpa is up to that, lol! Keira asked if she could bring her friend, Addy and stay the weekend or sometime over the summer. Makes me feel good that they all want to be here...I'm sure it's a combination of "getting away from the rest of the family", "a chance to rest and recharge" and "all the wide open spaces"...not to mention, Keira probably wants to "show off" that she can drive, lol!

Sun, you and Gordon and Barry impress me with your knowledge of plants...I often can't remember the names of things and I have to save the little tags if I want to try to find them again the next year. Yes, Gordon, you can come cook for me anytime, too...you and Spring...your foods sound so good and so interesting...I tend to stick to the "Midwestern cuisine" like Rock grew up with, lol!

Wondering where Judy, GB and others are? Hope you're okay.

Keira's track meet got rained out yesterday, but I had already texted both her and Amy that it was raining so hard at our house that I didn't want to try to drive in it. Shortly after that, Amy texted that they had cancelled. The next chance will be next Tuesday...the closest one to us all year. I worked outside in the morning, telling myself I had to wait till it rained before I could go to the greenhouse, lol! (I seriously live too close, haha!) Got in a row of bush green beans (Contender), finished filling in the gladiola row with some red salvia (Red Hot Sally, it says) and some short sunflowers and just finished planting the last of three hydrangea bushes when it started raining. The greenhouse had finally gotten in sweet potato plants, so I bought two different kinds...will have to wait till it's warmer to set those out, too.

So neat that I happened upon a sunflower growing at the edge of the new strawberry patch...Lorraine had planted sunflowers in that general area the summer that they moved to Tennessee...wouldn't it be neat if that was from one of hers? Anyway, I flagged it so it won't accidentally get mowed.

Mama's kittens are growing like weeds, but I'm thinking Tawny either was never pregnant after all, or lost them before they were actually born. Because...last night and this morning, I saw my favorite fluffy black and white tom mating with her. Say, what???!!!

I fed my sourdough when I first got up...I want to try a new cinnamon roll recipe (the dough rests in the fridge for 3 days.) And I'm sure my hubby would love if I made him some more sourdough molasses cookies...he has crowned them his very favorite cookie, lol! He even left a note on the bathroom mirror saying, "You make the best cookies!" Guess I redeemed myself from the peanut butter ones that he thought were too dry and crumbly :rolleyes: (I like a crisp cookie, Den likes ones that are soft and practically raw, lol!)

I need to find some energy and get busy...Den and I are both being plagued with stuffy heads the past few days...and I have a sinus headache this morning. My fault for not rinsing my sinuses out after traipsing around in the woods with Den and Kristian. Then yesterday with Den...after the rain stopped, the sun came out and we went back to look for mushrooms...struck out, but added a few steps, lol!

Hope everyone has a good enough day...take care!

sunflowergirl

Willow: I hope tomorrow all goes good for getting the shot. I’ve used that dry peanut butter before to add more protein to the oatmeal bars I make. I’ve bought it at Big Lots. If there’s one near you, check them out.

Mikie: hope all goes good with the mattress coming and the old one going.

Julie: have you picked mushrooms in the past down by the creek? I’m assuming you really know how to identify them? A few years ago my DS sent me a mushroom kit for christmas. I followed the directions and hung the spores container out in my atrium so I could watch them. Little mushrooms starting appearing....the kind that look like fans, can’t recall the name right now. But when they got large enough to pick, I just couldn’t eat them thinking of everything that could have crawled over them and as I recall one didn’t look “healthy”. I live close to a 99cent store (they carry produce at a dollar each) and I can get a variety of mushrooms there when I want them.

I’ve been busy lately. Painted a lot on sunday again. I think I put in about 12 hrs. total in my studio last week and it FEELS GOOD. Of course I’m very very careful about any feelings in my neck/back/legs as to how I’m standing and take lots of breaks. I also did some weed picking on sunday. Those pesky little weeds come up between the rocks and gravel I have in the front and my gardener will pick for only about 5 min. if I’m lucky. And I’ve planted some zinnia, cosmos and sunflower seeds, hoping this time.

Called around several tile grout cleaning services yesterday but they all use steam cleaning and I don’t want that. So after mentioning it to my DD yesterday she said I could hire my DGS, who has done their grout. Yahoo!!!!! So possibly next weekend he said. I just can’t to much anymore because of this worn out body.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just taking a much needed break from cleaning in the bedroom. I had put winter coats, gloves, etc. in sucky bags under my bed. I'm getting rid of most of the jackets, cold weather hats and gloves. I think it's safe to donate my ski clothes and wet suit for SCUBA diving. I've cleaned under the bed but not gone through things hiding in bags under there. Since I'm in a cleaning out and organizing fever, I might as well do that while I'm cleaning under there. UGH! I'm sneezing nonstop and my nose and eyes are watering. I'm wearing a back brace and am trying to be careful not to hurt it.

Julie, your garden sounds sooo nice. Glad you can do it since you have the space and a green thumb. I'm sure the GK's like to visit because you and Den make it so special for them. You would probably love a smart watch. The newest Apple is supposed to do blood sugar, blood pressure and oxygen saturation. Mine only does heart rate and EKG's but I love it for that. When it bites the dust, I'll get a smarter one. Not easy to realize my watch is smarter than I am. :)

Sun, thanks for your good wishes--I hope it all goes well too. These stores often subcontract delivery out and they aren't always careful. Since I'm keeping my box springs, only soft things will be on the move. Condos aren't the most spacious places. Gonna move things off my night tables before they come. Wow! Twelve hours painting. You must have been in the zone and happy. Glad you are protecting your back and neck. Also glad your DGS can clean the grout.

So far my ear is unplugged. Hope it keeps up. It's a beautiful day but humid and hot already. I saw SV sitting facing the glass slider doors. He had his tongue out and was shaking his head. He had a big fluffy piece of his fur on his tongue. Finally, he used his paw to get it out of his mouth. He looked at it and liked at it again and then was shaking his head and trying to get ride of it. He used his paw and flung it on the glass. He looked at it and was going to lick it off the glass. Good grief! I let him in and told him to leave it alone. I had to clean the big piece of fur off the glass where it left a blotch of cat spit. AACCKK!! Had I not intervened, he would likely have swallowed it. Now I know why he throws up tubes of cat hair. A hair ball would be an improvement over the big hair tubes.

I use my shop vac for cleaning around the edges and under things. Roomba actually cleans under most furniture but doesn't get the top of the baseboard. As I was cleaning under the bed, something got sucked up and stopped the vacuum. I had to take apart the wand and hose to find out what it was. It was SV's catnip mousie. He must have carried into the bedroom and gone under the bed with it. He's sleeping because he's all wild watching me clean. Wish I could sleep it off.
Have a great day. I'll check in later. We have had spammers lately.

Love, Mikie

Ya know how I tell y'all that some days, everything I touch turns to crap? Well, today is one of those days. What used to take me a couple of hours has eaten up my whole day. My back is killing me. I had planned on washing the quilt on my bed later or tomorrow. Somehow, I hurt my arm and didn't realize it. It bled on my white quilt so I had to stop and treat the stains and put it in the washer. Yesterday, I bled on my white slipcover sofa. I'm going to hell for all my swearing.

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

Good morning dear Porchies,

JULIE - Maybe you will see a few pictures of me later on from the wedding later on. I didn't take any and so far just have one picture that was posted of the couple after the ceremony that I put on my phone. I crammed my phone in my little purse and it was hard to get in and out so it just stayed there. I also figured we'd be getting lots of pictures later as my DSIL ( dad of the bride) said. It was smart of you to say you woud not be going to Keira's game that ended up being cancelled ayway. Why take chances? How far is it to where she plays her game to your place? NIce the gkids want to come to your place as it is probably so different from theres and lots of places to roam and things to do. Plus Keira probably gets to rest a lot more at your house . LOL Hope Clinton is doing well until he can have his surrgery. How long does he have to wait. Poor guy, I hope his surgery takes care of everything for him when he is able to have it. When you get your garden going you send us al kinds ofresh produce !! LOL That would be great - he he!

WILLOW - So sorry that your jab was canceled, what a pain for sure. Also sorry for your very sore legs. Hope they feel better soon and that you can find some shoes for your mom. There is always something yu have to do I know esp with your DM there with you.

MIKIE - Hope your ears are feeling better. Sounds like they are and hope it continues. You can come and help me clean too. Cleaning ladies coming next mondday and DD #1, mother of the bride, texted me to ask if they could come from Austin next Monday afternoon , go out for dinner for day afte mothers day , spend the night and then leave the next morning to go to Houston for a dear friend of hers and that we also knew, funeral. Tha is why her friend could not be at the wedding. What pain when you have to take things apart when they stop working. I am so non technical but I try and do some thing so not to bother DH who is not that great either:)!!

SUN - Yes, Big Lots is a pretty great store especially if they get upgraded to a much bigger, cleaner and nicer one like we did although have not been going there that much lately. However it is a nice store here and have added lots of merchandise. I used to get a lot of stuff there .Yes, Willow, if there is one by you check it out. Glad you have gotten to paint a lot and it gives you so much pleasure. Have you sold any paintings lately???

Gotta run and do a few more things around here and switch my wash to the drier.

SPRING - I hope you are feeling OK and not to couped lately plus a little NRG might be helpful too. Glad the really bad area with COVID-19 is not in your neck of the woods so they say. Hang in there dear friend.

Love,
Granni

lydia1

Hi guys...looks like the weather may hold (no rain) so I plan to mow this afternoon. I only have one load of towels and one load of bed linens on the line, but that's enough for today. Going to dry some other loads in the dryer.

Sun, we only hunt for the morels...but Den and I hardly ever find any, lol! We've been eating them our whole lives...and other kinds just aren't the same. Yep, they can be very "buggy"...but we cut them in half lengthwise, and soak in salt water...that brings out the bugs. Then you just rinse, pat dry, dip in egg and flour and fry in butter...the really good mushroom hunters sell them for $40 a pound! If it was warmer out today, it might be perfect since we had rain yesterday...but that wind is really biting.

So glad you could get so much painting done, and that you are being careful of posture, etc. Oh, weeding...right up there with dusting, lol! Have you tried the spray that uses white vinegar, blue Dawn dish detergent and something else? (I can't remember the recipe). I've used it around small areas and it kills weeds if they haven't gotten too big.

Granni, Keira's track meets have been in different school districts, along with her town. The one yesterday was over an hour away, but the last one (next Tuesday) is only 30 minutes or so from us. I don't think she really likes track that much (her real love is volleyball) but if they quit mid season, they can't play the next sport. I think that's fair...the team needs to be able to count on the players. I think they do get a few days at the beginning of the season to decide if a certain sport is something they want to do.

Mikie, do I have to have an Apple phone to use that watch?

Oops, gotta go. Den is making the work table area in the Hobbit House, custom sized to "short people" (me), lol! He needs to know how I want it...I'll check in later. Tried to post a pic of mushrooms...hope it worked.

1620145759327.png