PORCH 1261 CLOSED (5/12/21) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1261 CLOSED (5/12/21)

ProHealth CBD Store

sunflowergirl

Just got up from a 1 1/2 nap. I feel guilty taking a nap before the afternoon, go figure. Feeling so worn out.

Granni: my SIL was constipated a lot so he started drinking that psyllium drink every evening. You might try that. My DD even bought one of those “potty stools”....it sits in front of your toilet and you put your feet on it. Like Mikie said, the body has to be in a good position. Whenever I stayed over, I would take that potty stool and put it in the shower, out of the way. One day I even trotted it upstairs to another bathroom!

Spring: so sorry to read of friends who have died from the covid AND lacking the oxygen. You’re lucky your two kids have been vaccinated. I was discussing this with my DGS yesterday. He has no problems with getting the shots and since he’s talking about flying with some friends to Miami in the summer, I said that he really needs to figure out when he could get one, also since he’ll be living at school starting sept.

Those parrots and mynahs can really make a lot of noise!!!!!

I finally got the bid from my contractor! It’s high.....higher than what I expected and I emailed him last night. So will have to search around for more contractors. I may even just order new replacement windows.

Mikie

Oh, Spring, I am so very sorry for the loved ones you lost to Covid. Yes, I'm happy that some were spared. This has been such a sad time for everyone. I can't believe this is happening in India either. They were doing so well in the beginning. I guess until people are vaccinated, we can't rest easy. So far, testing has shown that those with both jabs seem to also have immunity to the varients; however, if we don't get everyone vaccinated, a varient may come along that we aren't immune to. I pray for those who died and their loved ones who are grieving.

I think the flowers and other plants give me comfort as I look out at them. I am once again exhausted and not up to doing anything else right now. Thank goodness there are things to mindlessly watch on TV. Hope you enjoy the goodies. I'm glad the kids were able to shop. Stay safe and well.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

Mikie

Hi, Sun, we must have been posting at the same time. Glad you got a nap. Don't feel guilty; your body needs rest to recover, especially from pain. My DD loves to tile. Seems that everything is so expensive now. I tiled my own kitchen backsplash but wouldn't take on a bathroom. Those stools are supposed to help a lot to, as you say, get the body in position. I hope you can find someone to get just what you want done. Also hope DGS gets his jabs so he can travel. Miami is bad for getting exposed to the virus--no social distancing. Feel better.

Love, Mikie

lydia1

Hi everyone! Rainy Sunday evening...kinda dreary and chances of rain almost all week. Would love to share it with anyone who needs it...

Ended up just meeting Amy partway to get Keira home, then I ran a few errands in the town where we met. Tennessee Treasures' last day of the school year is Thursday...I found them each a special card and will mail them, a few $$ and some treats to celebrate making it through another year. Amy's kiddos go till June 4.

Sun, I'm sorry for the pain and fatigue. I'm feeling extra tired the past few days...but I think it's just the rain and chilly temps. We are out of pellets for the pellet stove, but it seems crazy to run the furnace in the middle of May, lol! I never actually got to talk to Keira much about the Hobbit House...we just walked around the yard, played with kittens, went shopping...and she helped me transplant some geraniums today. If it hadn't been raining all weekend, I would have had her help me move some of the garden supplies to the Hobbit House, but didn't want to get caught in a downpour. I know how you feel about the baby bird...last year I was mowing and hit a nest of rabbits...had no idea they were there. Most of them ran...I stopped right away and could see them scatter...but one did get killed. I felt terrible...I'm extra careful this year in that area...I see a couple grown rabbits nearby, so get off the mower and walk around before I actually mow to make sure it's safe.

Spring, how devastating to have so many deaths from the virus...I am so sorry. Glad your kids can do the shopping.

Granni, I have one of those "Squatty Potty" stools...it sits in front of one of our toilets all the time. It helps me tremendously and is especially good for the grandkids who are too short to reach the floor with their feet while sitting on the toilet. Mine scoots in and almost hugs the base of the toilet...it can just be pulled out when needed. Lots of fiber and lots of water do the trick for me. And I put MCT oil in my first cup of coffee every morning.

Mikie, I agree about the plants bringing comfort, peace, etc. I take time every day to just walk around and admire how mine are growing...fun to watch them start blooming. There have been "seasons" where I hardly ever ventured to that side of the yard, except to mow. But now I look forward to meandering along to check on everything. The two story old farmhouse is right in the middle of the yard and blocks the view of quite a bit of the garden, etc...but we're turning it into a usable outbuilding, so I don't mind having it there.

The wisteria that Lindsey and David got me a few years ago is getting ready to explode with color. I haven't decided if I'm going to just keep it pruned as a tree or have Den build some sort of pergola...but then I might need more than one plant?

Anyway...sending hugs and good wishes also to Barry, Gordon, Rock, Willow, GB, Judy...hope I'm not forgetting anyone. Hope we hear from Duckie and Star again some day. Almost couch time to watch another episode of Hoarders. Keira and I got supper on the road and I left stuff for Den to heat up, so I didn't have to worry about fixing anything when I got home. Take care, everyone!

sunflowergirl

Julie: I’ve never watched the show about hoarding......it’s so easy to turn into one! When my old neighbor moved from her house, I knew her 50 plus son who lived with her had a problem but wow...never guessed what she was hiding about him. She had to put her house up for sale and had open house. It was highly embarrassing for her....I went to the OH and when I got to her son’s room I just stood there with my mouth open. Unbelievable all that he had stored, including out on the patio. It was just hard for him to give up things and yet she was highly organized, used to have her ladies in for gatherings and bridge. Son’s door was always closed I guess.

So sorry about the rabbit. I can understand. There’s a house down on the corner with very thick bushes and I discovered there is a family of little wild rabbits living there. The lady is away for awhile so it’s really gotten overgrown and I think they’re loving it, a safe place to hide from the coyotes that roam at night around here.

Here’s something interesting I read today about pink drinks. Hmmmmm.....maybe I’ll take up drinking some pink ones to give me energy.

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Gonna go over to the pool to walk in a little bit. I had read in the paper that we had a good chance of rain but the weatherman on TV says no. Wish they wouldn't confusicate me like that. I need to get out and move. The last time I went to the pool, all the colored activity circles on my watch lit up like a fireworks display. That's the first time that has ever happened. Instead of turning to the news this morning, I watched a PBS show on arts and crafts in America. What an interesting show. Such beautiful things. I need a pick-me-up. Been feeling a bit down and blah. There were veterans who had taken up making pottery in rehab for their injuries. One made vases with the words, "Peace is the only fitting war memorial." I love that.

Julie, that's so sad about the rabbit. Our old neighbors moved out to the country and he had some kind of tractor to mow all the acres of land. His old dog somehow got in the way of it and it amputated his leg. That was almost more than they could stand. Yes, all the planting and rain are probably enough to bring on pain. I'll take you up on your offer of some rain for us. Wisteria are so beautiful. Don't know why we don't have it here but it may be too tropical for it. I first saw it in the Carolinas. Hope your pain is better.

Sun, that is very interesting about color and athletic performance. I add cranberry juice to my orange juice because I love the taste but also love the color of it. I have always been sensitive to how color in all areas of my life affects me. My bedroom is a Wedgewood blue and it is so restful. Blue is my favorite color. I also like neutrals. I could never take red, violet, yellow or orange walls; they stimulate me too much. Hoarding is such a sad illness. I stopped watching it when I saw how painful it was for hoarders to part with things. Some went into a panic. So glad I'm getting rid of things.

Does anyone here watch The Masked Singer? I never did because I don't watch those singing competitions and this one seemed stupid. The other night there was nothing on and the black swan was singing a lovely song. The arrangement was beautiful and the backup dancers were wonderful. I watched it and actually enjoyed it. Not gonna be watching it all the time but I was surprised by it. A girl from here, Casey Bishop, is on American Idol and has been doing well. She seems to scream rather than sing and she reminds me of Janis Joplin. Not my cup 'o tea but I'm glad she is doing well. Fed Ex is using Willy Nelson singing You Were Always On My Mind in their commercial and he makes a brief appearance. I have no idea why they chose that song or any relevance it has to delivery service. I sing that song to SV but I sing, 'Maybe I didn't brush you...' He loves anything I sing to him, especially if I use his name in the lyrics. He also doesn't care that I can't sing.

Okay, I'm off to get into my swim suit and brush my teeth. Hope all y'all have a great start to the day. Drink something pink to keep you in the pink. Listen to a song by Pink. Get out your pinking shears and cut up a bit.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

lydia1

Good Monday morning...our weather forecast seems to be spot on today...but the temps are supposed to be warmer than they have been. I might be able to get some things planted this week in the trench garden, in-between showers. But, I think, for the most part, I am going to use this rainy week to do some spring cleaning indoors.

We are going to have a houseful of kids and grands in about 5 weeks (Lindsey's family will be here the third week of June)...and Amy may need me to watch kiddos whenever Clinton gets his pacemaker put back in. He goes up to the bigger hospital on Wednesday for a TEE (basically a scope down his esophagus to do a more thorough echo from the back side of his heart to check to see if the infection is gone.)

Then on June 7 he meets with his cardiac team to schedule the actual surgery to replace the pacer. But since he had left shoulder surgery a couple years before he got he original pacemaker, they had to put that one in from the right side. This time, there is too much scar tissue on the right side, so they will have to try the left side after all...if that doesn't work, it will mean open heart surgery, just to install a pacemaker. So...things are really up in the air right now. Amy has no vacation time left, so will just have to be without a paycheck if she has to be off work for too long to take care of Clinton (but can file for FMLA to at least save her job for when she can return to work...) They are actually doing well, in spite of the stress the whole family is under (and has been since before Easter.) I'm thankful they only live two hours from us, instead of Lindsey's ten...

Anyway...Sun, that is so interesting about the pink drink. I've never put the theory to the test, even though I drink a "pink drink" every day, lol! My drink is water with a packet of Tru Lemon (black cherry flavor) and a splash of orange juice...I've never drank a mimosa, but it always reminds me of one as soon as I add the orange juice. Ironically, the supplements that Lindsey sells has what they actually call their "pink drink." I'm going to share that article with her and ask her if that's why the company chose that color...

So, you have Watership Down in your neighborhood? ;) That is one of my favorite series of books...one of these days I'm going to read it again.

Sorry about the squirrel getting into the feeder...it was a bird feeder, right? We have several squirrels around the yard...seems they are always busy digging up walnuts from the many trees. They're not very tame at all, but if people are hanging out at the kids' "Fort", the squirrels sit in a nearby tree and scold us (haven't had them throw anything yet, lol!) I imagine they don't venture close to the house because of the watchful eyes of Sheriff Oreo and the many cats who patrol the area when Oreo is inside "on break."

Speaking of cats...Mama comes over to the house to eat a few times during the day (even though she has plenty of food in the maternity ward.) Yesterday, Keira and I were outside and Mama wouldn't stop meowing until we went in to check on the kittens...we held each one and talked to them all...Mama finally settled down to eat. I don't know if she's wanting a bigger box for her family or what, lol! I know she's capable of moving them, if she wants to...she brought all four from last year's litter to our house from the neighbor's (a quarter of a mile away...even though the kids kept coming and getting "their" kittens and taking them back to their house...silly, because Mama is a stray and they weren't even feeding any of them.)

Our Josiah is so worried the kittens will be "grown up" by the time they all get to come up and see them...I hope to keep this bunch tamed and get them spayed/neutered, etc., etc. But, with outside cats...well, they come and go as they please...

Sun, I'm about to my limit of "Hoarders"...yes, it is very hard to watch sometimes. I think Den and I are interested in the show because of how his sis lived with their dad and how she probably still lives. I mean, this woman brought her whole "garage sale" up here (all the things she was planning to sell at a garage sale in Missouri...she brought to Iowa and was always going to have a garage sale up here...would have had to haul everything closer to town to hold the sale, as Grandpa's other farm is way out in the country...)

Den and I often talk about whether we should have tried to intervene sooner (I think God took care of it when Gpa got so sick, when they discovered he was severely diabetic...blood sugar was 680...and we just brought him directly to our house from the hospital, and he finally decided to just live with us permanently.) But, when we see how other families have struggled to help their loved ones who are hoarders...it just doesn't work, until it hits "crisis mode" and either children's safety is involved or (if the person lives within city limits) the city starts fining the hoarder for violating ordinances, etc. Hoarding is definitely a mental illness, and there usually is something that triggers it...although lots of people have "too much stuff" (actually, most of us probably fall into that catagory.) But the people who are actually saving real trash, things that are broken, and their homes get infested with rats, roaches, etc....that's when professionals have to step in and help the families help the hoarders.

But...such a small percentage of people take advantage of the "after care" counseling, etc...and just start "rehoarding"...and sometimes lose their families, in the process. With Den's sis...her kids aren't going to step in, because one of the daughters is supposed to inherit the farm and doesn't want to make her mom mad and change her mind. So, all four kids know that when Mom is gone, they will just have to come in and tear down or burn the house. But...I'm just glad we got Den's dad out of there and his last life on earth was more enjoyable than many others. He thanked us so many times for taking care of him and for just treating him with respect and love.

Mikie, the masked singer...I've seen bits and pieces, and read reviews...but never have watched the show. Glad you are going to get out to the pool. Yep, this weather is really doing a number on me and others...at least it's not also a full moon, lol!

Guys, I woke up early and started some laundry...gonna have to use the dryer all week and that takes longer than just hanging things out and "fluffing" them in the dryer at the end of the day. But, I'm thankful to have it...when I go get eggs later this morning, I'll ask Lorene is she needs me to bring her diapers here to wash and dry them. Otherwise, they'll just be hanging all over the house with the rest of her laundry...and diapers are definitely a necessity, lol!

Take care, everyone...I'm going out to check on the kittens...

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Back from the pool. It was only 68 out this morning with a gentle breeze. The pool didn't seem very warm to me so I had to trot for a good while in order to warm up. It doesn't seem to bother Barb and she plunges in up to her neck. BRRR!! I can't let myself get cold or I ache all over. I'm warming up in my fuzzy robe. There's not a cloud in the sky and the sun is brightly shining, my favorite kind of day. The humidity is low because of a high stuck to the east of us. There is a low stuck to the west of us, causing all kinds of bad weather behind it.

Barb isn't sure she is going shopping maskless yet. She's worried that there could be a variant that we don't know of yet that is resistant to the vaccine. That's a valid point until these runaway places like Brazil and India get the virus under control. There are so few people shopping when I do that I may not wear mine.

Julie, Watership Down has always been one of my favorite books. My girls liked it too. They loved that the rabbits had their own language. The girls would say, Hrakka, and not get into trouble for using a bad word. Glad Mama and the kittens are doing so well.

I'm gonna get going. Hope all y'all are up and at 'em.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

A quick HI to awl this morning as we wait for the guys to come talk to us about apossible generator. Will know more later. It surely sounds great and DH just spoke to a neighbor who ha oe and love it. Of course e most likely ha a lot more $ that we do. We are also getting 3 toilets coming on Thursday of this week. Maybe that will help my awful bowel ituation. I have had this problem sice birth reall but worse as I got older. I am having some successes now but need to wait and see. If I need to I will keep those potty stools in mind in case I need them. I have seen and heard about them also but am trying not to spend so much money on stuff I end up not using. May have to try it , we will see.

SUN and JULIE - I have been using Benefiber but probably not a often as I should. It is less gasey I think than Metamucil. DH also uses the Benefiber which we get at Sams. I know that it is more expensive. I also take stool softeners, generic low dose. Also have been adding more fiber cereal which are not that easy to get in regular stores anymore unless you can find them and pay the price, at least around here. I had to order from Vitacost or Amazon. JULIE - HOW TALL IS YOUR POTTY STOOL?

GORDON - Yess, it is warm or HOT in the summer and alo very humid. I guess since I have almost always have lived in humidity even in NY, Long Isaldn to be exact and then NOLA and then Houston and then north of there I am used to it. I don't like extremes of anything but my body is very cold natured with an occasional hot flast which I shoud have been done with year ago. Who knowswhat i going on with my body??? My skin and body is very ensitive to cold and jut a little fan or a/c can get me to hae to run for my sweater. I also have hypothyroidism. Please tell ROCK we miss him and to come visit us once in awhile if he can manage it. Nice to hear about your flowers and plantings when you can do them in your area.

WILLOW - Nice to hear from you and glad things are going pretty well for you. I need to get off here and switch my wash before those generator guys come visit us soon. No major problems is a good thing.

MIKIE - I would not be in that pool at your temp and the pools also. It needs to be like bath water for me. Yes, some people can jump right in. I haven't been to the pool in a few years. I remember when I ued to have to bring the gkids to the pool in the afternoon after they had their golf lessons. Wow, that was years ago.

SPRING - So sorry to hear about thoe friends and family you lost to COVID-19. Such a sad situation for everyone affected. Luckily, all our friends and family that did get it had light cases. Hang in there and prayers for everyone you know who was affected and or lost. Hope thing get better for your area and India soon.

Love to everyone,
Granni

Mikie

C36CB9D1-53B0-4C36-81E8-61D5FEF2115A.jpeg

Took this pic of SV last night. I have a pillow lengthwise in the middle of the bed so he has a little perch for when he wants to watch TV. Things are a bit messy in the background. I have to leave the closet open or he will claw at the door and carpet. He likes to be able to go in my closet and just lie down or sit whenever he wants to. When he's ready to sleep, he gets off the pillow and curls up on my fuzzy robe on his side of the bed.

Granni, I hope you find just the right generator and I hope you never need it. The Bran Buds I buy at the supermarket aren't as cheap as the kiddie cereal but not prohibitive either especially since one only need eat 1/3 cup to get a lot of fiber. It's not bran flakes; it's bran buds. Hope you can stop back in again soon.

I removed my nail polish and trimmed my nails. Had a hot soak and scrubbed my nails with my nail brush. I'm super tired so may take a nap. Barb and my neighbor, Elizabeth, have had the same sinus problems with plugged ears that I have had. We are wondering whether it's Red Tide causing it. The RT is building up at our beach. Scientists say that RT and the B/G algae will be bad this summer. Ugh!!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: SV is a beautiful cat!

Granni: here’s a link on the squatty potty. My DD has the original. If you have one of those heavy plastic fold up step stools you could try that to see if you like using it. You can buy those anywhere for around $10.

My DGS just got here to finish the grout in the 3 bathrooms. I’ve spent a lot of time this weekend, spraying clean water and wiping up the residue left behind. I think that’s why I’m hurting so much. So that means I’ll have to do the same with the 3 bathrooms. I hate having some job hanging over me that needs to be done.

Willow77

Hi to All,

Exhausted again today. this makes 2 days in a row that I didn't get enough sleep even with the Trazadone. It is still better than the benedryl that I used to take.

I talked to the pain Dr. today and she said they no longer prescribe opioids to FMS patients. That is fine by me, I didn't want them but since I can't take gabapenitin, lyrica or cymbalta she prescirebed a pain gel that has gabapenitin in it. She said to pick the 3 worse spots for pain that day and use it there. Since I wouldn't be ingesting it, it shouldn't hurt my bladder.

I have been reviewing the insurance info and there are 2 plans from aarp, uhc advantage plans that I can switch Mom and Gray to but I have to decide which one before Friday when we have a video appt. They would be signed up then and start coverage on June 1st. I don't understand why or how as it is not open enrollment. I want them both to go to Loma Linda as the hospitals here and in the closest town to here are both 1 star hospitals. They would have less than 1 star if the system would allow zero stars. Gray likes me to do all that type of work and for 40 year + I have done the secretarial type work for the family but I am to brain fogged to make this big of a decision, so he reviewed the plans and showed me where each one is better or worse than the other. A mistake could cost us thousands. One plan you can go out of network and have some costs covered but the hospitalization is not as good.

I had a fun weekend, (NOT), resetting our computer. It still freezes sometimes and jumps to different web pages but not as much as before. I didn't put many of the apps back on, just the ones that I had to have like Libre Office and my printer. I want to keep this computer going for a few more years. I am hard on laptops and they don't last as long as I would like. The hinges keep breaking and the batteries go bad. Gray keeps his wine away from the keyboard after the last laptop had some spilled on the keyboard and had sticking keys after that.

A few years ago the PT I went to told me about the squatty potty and said if you want to see if it works for you before buying one to find a cardboard box that puts your feet up high enough and use that. I think it really does help. You can also use a child's step stool. I found one at a thrift store for $2. Mom eats the bran buds in the morning, but she adds raisin bran or another cereal to fill up her bowl. 1/3 c of cereal isn't enough to fill her up.

Mikie- SV is one handsome cat. You are so fortunate to have him. I miss having a pet until we go out and I remember what it was like to have to rush back and hope the dog hasn't had an accident. We could leave our German Shepherd for 8 hours or more and not worry but our Collie couldn't be left for more than a few hours. The cat I would leave overnight with lots of food and several water bowls in case she spilled one. Or I would have someone come in and check on her everyday if I left her longer. We had a sticker on the back door that said one cat and one dog lives here for the firemen if there was an emergency.

Spring- I am so sorry that you have lost so many people to Covid. Stay safe.

Well I had better get busy. The washer is singing to me.

Love to All
Willow

Sorry if the grammar is making this hard to read, I am so brain fogged today that I am having a hard time writing an intelligible sentence.

sunflowergirl

Willow: how the heck do you pick a place to put the cream? With FM you ache all over, at least that’s the way it is with me. What I’ve read about the gabapentin is it didn’t used to be considered an opioid until idiots went wild and would use it to get high. When I pick up some at CVS I have to show my DL. Last Oct my doc wrote the prescription for the entire 60 pills after discussing with me how often I took it. I take 1/4 tab. and not that often. This year my insurance would only give OK for 12 pills at a time, then I could go back the following week for 12 more pills. I have a big bottle now, so probably won’t need for at least a year.

Good luck with the fibro fog.....really hard to make important decisions when you’re dealing with it. Good idea to try a box before buying one of those potty things. I couldn‘t use it.....threw my legs at a painful angle.

My DGS was over this morning, promptly at 10 am. He had to return all his school books to check out then came here, worked for 2 hrs. like a “demon possessed”! I’m very pleased with his work and him. He’s a fast, hard worker and put in 2 more hours today for a total of 7 hours on this job. I’ve got another job for him in about a month that’s going to take muscle power. I asked how he was feeling after saturday. He told me he still hurts.....sore muscles......so today will just extend it. As for me, my shoulders and neck are screaming and a headache that I can’t get rid of from having to spray clear water and clean up all the floors with a cloth on a mop. But it’s all finished and it looked good.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids,

I lay in bed before getting up this morning. At 6:00, Alexa reminded me to move my car. They are washing our carports today. Seems a waste of time and money to me. There are plenty of guest spots across the street at the tennis court so I parked there. Tomorrow, they will do the carports on another street. It's only 67 out and the air feels so fresh but after I came in, I could feel it in my chest--definitely Red Tide. We desperately need rain but the silver lining is that the weather is beautiful. When the rains do come, the RT and B/G algae will likely get worser. I feel as though I'm living in a bowl of toxic soup.

Sun, SV and I thank you for your kind compliment. People at the vet talk about how handsome he is. Tweety is beautiful in a completely different way. She is all white with short hair. She is super smart and has a very intelligent face. She is all muscle and weighs more than SV. He is soft and lazy, like his Mama (me). Glad your DGS finished the job. Sorry you are both sore and achy. Damn pain!

Willow, thank you too for your kind words about SV. Yes, he is a blessing and I am lucky to have him. I love dogs but don't want to have to walk one all the time. I just enjoy my neighbors' dogs. There is always someone in the hood who will feed the cats when we go away. Claudia loves SV and he loves her. I'm sorry you are in so much pain and not sleeping. I did the guaifenesin protocol years ago and it really helped me. It's not an easy regimen to follow because there are a lot of things one has to avoid such as using plant-based skin products. Everything I've done has helped a bit. When I first got sick with FMS, I was bedridden a lot of the time and was on morphine for the pain. Good luck to you. BTW, I am on the UHC HMO Advantage Plan and I like it except that my orthopedic doc isn't in the network. None of the plans is perfect so I had to pick the one that best meets my needs.

I need to paint my toenails. I'm too shaky anymore to do a perfect job so I just slap it on and, when it's dry, I soak my tootsies for a few minutes and scrape the excess polish off my skin. I'd like a nice spring pastel color but can't find just the right tint. So, I stick with my bright red. It always looks good. I cut my fingernails way back yesterday and will put a clear coat on them.

Hope everyone has a pain free day filled with NRG.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

springwater

Sun - Really nice of your DGS to come over and help you clean. Removing dirt from grout is a pesky and arduous job for us who are not in the pink of health.

The gau neckpiece you asked about is made of reddish gold, covers most of the chest, and in laid with flat unbroken pieces of turquoise, which was plentiful in those days and the stone of choice of Tibetans. There are imitation pieces of jade, ruby, pearl in-between. It is attached to a necklace made from dzi (zee) beads and round coral pieces. Today the dzi and coral and turquoise make up the real value of the jewellery.

It has a companion piece of thhoo thhoo as in Tasmania, which is a waterfall braid of minute pearls and real jade, dzi and imitation diamonds, rubies, emeralds at intervals cascading down. You hook it to your bakkhu dress at the neck and let it hang down one side next to the neckpiece.

It's not the most practical or comfy thing to wear but a prized possession of the wearer.

Julie - is your wisteria outside away from your house wall? i had mine which a was covering three storeys (after many years) taken out when my DS and me were trying to prune and I found the roots going deep into the brick walls. I looked it up and found that it can damage the house so got it taken out ( heartbroken because they're so beautiful)) but kept a portion and it's growing around a pole and wires now.

Mikie - SV is a real lord. Wish I could adopt some of the cats which come around but can't do that.

My nails have been neglected. It's all I can do to keep them cut. I love pastel nail push but can only admire them on others. They chip too fast on me. I was remembering you getting dressed to go to musical programmes with your friends downtown and felt such nostalgia for those good ole times. Well, we can listen to music at home. At least we have that. I watched a Norwegian movie Ragnarok which was good.

Willow - I must try out the Squatty potty. With a stool I mean. Pretty sure we don't have those things here. Yet.

Hope you get a good insurance plan.

Granni - hope all is well. You must be busy as usual. Either cooking or upkeeping your garden.

Barry - it was hot and humid today. How are you all doing? Has Richard returned, i think he went to San Francisco?

Gordon - what's going on in n your area? I saw on the news that vaccinated people can go maskless now in some areas of US.

Love to Gordon.

Judy - blessings and hugs.

God Bless

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Spring,

I'm having trouble with Alexa so can't play my Amazon Music. Ratbane! I picked up my laptop to go to the website and see that you dropped in. Always so good to see you here. I swore no more pets but couldn't turn SV and Tweety away when Jeff needed me to take them. I had to give Tweety back to him when she started to pee inside. It worked out well for all of us but SV does miss her. He didn't eat his wet food yesterday so he isn't getting any today. That usually makes him scarf it down when it reappears in his dish. He's pouting out on the lanai in the sun. I had the doors open to let fresh air in but my allergies are bothering me so I closed them again. No sign yet of the pressure washer guy. Mrs. Crabby Pants seems to be gone.

You must have the same problem there that we have here--everything grows so fast and so big. We have had to have whole trees removed because the roots were growing the foundations of the townhouses. One was so big, a huge branch broke off in the last hurricane and flattened Joe's A/C. It worked out well because insurance paid for a brand new one. He needed to replace it anyway. My fingernails chip so I usually put the clear coat on them. I'm cleaning out the fridge so my nails will have to wait.

Glad you enjoyed the movie. Take care.

Love, Mikie

Think I need to do a cleanse of my condo. The Alexa app is frozen on my phone. I deleted it but couldn't reinstall it. Got my registration for my car in the mail. I went online to renew and it said it couldn't find me. GAAA!! I am sending it snail mail. Major frustration. I got the fridge cleaned out and am going for the freezer now. Maybe I'll eat a bit of lunch to get rid of the acid in my stomach.

Last edited: