PORCH 1265 IS NOW CLOSED (6/5/21) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1265 IS NOW CLOSED (6/5/21)

ProHealth CBD Store

lydia1

Willow, thanks for sharing your experience. I did put a thin layer of clippings on the herb garden, but it's not a very big area...maybe 30 ft. long and 3 ft. deep. Then I will just pile the other clippings somewhere and compost them...I do have a spot where I dump peelings, eggshells, etc. And I forgot I have a pile of clippings from last year...maybe they are composted enough?

I'm glad to see several posts this evening...I just can't think straight enough to actually stay and visit. Den was helping our farmer with his hay baler again...then Den's friend, Fred, came. Fred had borrowed Den's free standing scaffolding and we need it back to put at the top of the zip line...for the kids to climb up on to get ready to "fly" ;) While the guys were busy catching up, I dug up the orange marigolds that were in the way of the tether ball pole and took them up to the curve of the lane where the mailboxes are (and where the guys had almost tore up my yard driving their team of horses on it.) Den had helped me level and secure the wind vane, so all I had to do was relocate the flowers.

Then I worked some more on the flower/bird feeder bed in the front of the house. I had some cement borders that belonged to my dad...the other day I dug them out of the fence row and brought them up to get an idea of how big to make the flower bed. The guys switched some shepherds hooks around for me...so tomorrow all I need to do is weed eat the area, put landscape fabric in place and cover with mulch. This will prevent all the sunflower seeds that sprout underneath the bird feeders.

I knew Den must be getting hungry for supper, so I fixed the guys a sandwich...and now I'm ready to shower and head to bed. I'll check in tomorrow when I'm more coherent. Take care, everyone!

Mikie

Good Hump Day Morning, Kids,

I'm not going to the pool today. My head feels like a solid block of cement. Also, I have my eye appt. and I'll have to get ready. It's humid enough out to frizz up my hair. I sent a text to Barb. She just texted back to say her DD is in pain and exhausted after her surgery. Oh, another text that she is better this morning. I'm going to the pool tomorrow morning or will just wait until Fri. I don't have to pick Joe up from the airport tomorrow until about 11:00. Even though it's a sad occasion, I hope he is enjoying seeing cousins he hasn't seen in ages. I slept better after taking a benadryl tablet. I think I'll get some more of that.

Sun, the potting soil I got recently is really nice. I'm not trying to grow from seeds though. It's Miracle Gro soil. The plants I put in my big pot are doing really nicely. I need one more thing to put in with the plants I have in it. Glad you scored on the veggies and your inhaler.

Granni, sounds to me as though you are plenty tech savvy. Congratulations to DD for a happy birthday.

Spring, yes, the heat really saps my NRG too. Frustration dreams come in all kinds. I also dream I can't graduate because I didn't get everything done. I dream I'm working and don't know what I'm doing. I dream I have to go to the bathroom and they are all dirty. I am in a store and can't find what I'm looking for. GAAA!! Where are the good dreams that let me wake in a happy mood? If dreams mirror our lives, I must have one frustrating life!

Julie, the little garden area around the mailboxes sounds lovely. Now, if the neighbors can only keep from using it for a turn around area for their horse team. Every winter up in MI, the snow plow guy takes out Nancy's mail box. The county won't pay to put it back and without it, she won't get her mail delivered. I told her to invent some kind of mailbox that survives the plow and get rich in the process.

Okay, I'm outta here. Hope all y'all have a great day.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
Reactions: bct

lydia1

Good morning, everyone! My alarm went off at 6:00, but I didn't get up till 6:15. Den is being really understanding of my deadline of Saturday for working outside, then switching to "inside mode." I don't know what time Fred left and Den came to bed...I vaguely remember hearing the shower running, but didn't actually wake up...maybe I was dreaming?

Looked out the window of the door this morning and two of the kittens had followed Mama over to the house...maybe I can change the "children playing" sign up at the mailboxes to "kittens playing". Those little stinkers have to cross the driveway to get from the old farmhouse to the shop/house.

Didn't have to water the whole garden yesterday...we had a nice shower around 6:00 pm...just enough to wet things down. But this morning I want to set up the sprinkler in the strawberries, corn and peas (peas have pods...Barry, I think my grands might get to pick them when they are here. I might be able to teach them a thing or two about gardening, after all...you were wise to keep suggesting I have a garden :)) I guess it wouldn't be too thoughtful to run the weedeater this early in the morning, lol...so that will need to wait a bit ;)

Mikie, hope your eye appt. goes well and there is no progression of any problems. Yep, it seems the only time I see some of my relatives is for funerals and weddings....hope Joe is having a good trip. 69 degrees here...expecting 88. My hair doesn't frizz...it just gets more limp, lol!

Granni, glad you got the new tablet working good enough to do what you need to do. Patient son-in-laws are a true blessing...

Spring, thanks for the compliment...too bad some of lose those curves with age, lol! I look like a frumpy, lumpy grandma now, haha! Wanted to send a video to the girls of me playing on the "surfer swing." No way, lolol! Hope you get some relief from the heat, too...I can handle hot temps, but the humidity saps me.

Sun, glad the prices of some RX have been coming down. Good idea to stock up on things like the
chilies...I do the same with mushrooms, to saute in butter then freeze.

Well, no telling how long Den will sleep this morning...he's not used to being up so late, lol! So, I'll leave my "in the garden" not at the computer, so he knows where I am. I have my "med refill" doctor appt. early tomorrow morning, then will head over the other town to get a few groceries. I'd love to not have to go anywhere else till next Friday (chiro and groceries) but we're almost out of milk.

Hi to everyone...take care!

• Love

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

I just got outta the tub. Had a nice soak and still have enough time to rest before getting ready to go. I hate the eye tests. I'm most interested in whether I can get my cataracts done. The pressure on my ear is a bit better but not gone. SV is out checking out his little world. He likes drinking out of the bowl on the lanai so I don't have to worry about getting his glass goblet all the time. He wants to go out til he's out and then he wants in. Good grief! The shadows on the lanai are different now. We have less than two weeks before the days start getting shorter. Strange since that's the first day of summer. It will be hot 'n muggy here til after Halloween. As long as no hurricanes come our way.

Julie, those kittos are getting adventuresome. Maybe Mama Kitty wants you to feed them at the house. There is a little pond on the side of the Publix parking lot. There must be ten Muscovy ducklings and Mama takes them across the drive to snack in the parking lot. I hold my breath every time I see them following her in a line. They can't all be hers can they? Maybe she's the baby sitter. Thanks for your good wishes. I hope the AMD hasn't progressed.

OK, I'm really outta here this time.

Love, Mikie

• Love

Granniluvsu

To much to do today while DH is off to his meeting. Hope to get back this fternoon if I get my work done, phone calling and music organized and printed if needed.

Off to work outside and then inside calling etc.

LOve,
Granni

rockgor

hello to everyone,

i took my car in yesterday for the recall. my appt was for 11am so i went earlier just in case of any paperwork that needs to be done. i asked if it was going to take the whole 3 - 4 hr to complete. was advised that it was only going to take 1 - 1 1/2 hr as this was 'my' lucky day. it was too late to call my sister to tell them not to pick me up as i could wait there instead. when she arrived we couldn't decide where to go in between time so we went and got a hamburger. when i got back to the dealership i was informed that my car was ready. i was out of the lot at 12:01. painless.

as i have gotten older i seem to get more anxious about any things and stress out about what might go wrong, time involved and any results. i even get this way when i go to my orchid meetings. i wasn't this way when i was younger - strange. the only appt this month will be taking rock for a follow-up on his sugar level and getting refills for his meds as they won't approve any refills if you haven't seen the doctor in a year. rock seems to have adjusted to less sugar and i have stopped buying any form of candy. i've told him he has a sugar addiction and should think about going to a 12 step program. i did find him some low sugar ice cream, skinny cow, that he likes.

things are coming up in the garden. beans, bitter melon and the zinnias. sun, how are yours doing? i'm going to plant some more along the lily patch. going to pick some tomato and give them to my friend at cvs. she's a new gardner and is trying to grow some thai basil from the seeds i gave her and lemon grass. they should be easy for her.

julie, i get tired just thinking about the size of your garden and all the work needed to keep it up. the watering itself in the sun is enough but all the produce you'll get in the summer will be worth all the hard work.

i hear it's going to get hot by this weekend - not good news for me as i wilt when the temp gets above 80 degree.

i hope everyone will start to feel better soon with their various conditions.

gordon

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Home again, home again...no change to my eyes. Didn't realize this was just a check on the high pressure in my eyes but there were several other tests that can detect glaucoma early on. Mom had high pressure in her eyes when she got older but never developed glaucoma. I hope I never do either. Since AMD steals the central vision and glaucoma steals the central vision, it would suck to have both. Cataracts are still too small for removal. Ratbane! Everyone in the doc's office is suffering from horrible allergies too. I'm sooo tired. Gonna rest up today. I may get one or two things done but if I get nothing done, it will be fine.

Gordon, glad Rock is doing well without his sugar. I loves me my sugar too. Also glad the car was easy to get fixed. Sending my best to you both and SV sends his greetings to Miss Kitty.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

Spring: I sure hope the covid situation is going to get better quickly. I know the U.S. has sent a lot of covid shots around the world. Do you know if you’re getting some? The sooner we get the entire world shot the better for everyone. I talked to my friend yesterday who last week had decided she would get an appt. I called a local pharmacy and got all the particulars for her, she just needed to get on the ball. So yesterday she said she’s decided not to get the shot. Said she’s read a lot about it. I doubt that very much…probably just what she gets on Fox news which isn’t entirely true. She doesn’t go online at all, and spends her time watching her two greatgrands and now bowling again 4 times a week, so where could she be getting the info? I told her it’s HER decision and won’t bring it up again.

Julie: those little kittens are getting adventurous! You mentioned about all the sunflower seeds from the bird feeder coming up…a few days ago I walked down some streets I hadn’t been to for awhile. One house had their entire front yard filled with a sunflower forest. Some of those stalks were as big around as my wrist. I just stood there and admired.

Gordon: My zinnias are about 3” tall. They don’t seem to be growing as fast as in the past. And about your anxiety….that’s because as we get older we have less going on in our life so anything out of the ordinary stresses us. If it makes you feel better I understand. I’ve lived with anxiety since I was a teenager.

My walk is calling…..I’ll be back

Willow77

Written Tuesday but forgot to post:

Hi Sun,
I was so sore for a few days but I am dealing with PEM now. All I want to do is sleep. Yesterday I spent most of the day on the couch dozing on and off in the afternoon and evening and still slept 6 hours and 45 minutes at night. I am still exhausted today but need to go to the pharmacy to pick up a med. The new pain med is a compounded gel/cream it has gabapenitin, kenoprofen and lidocaine. I tried it last night but couldn't really tell if it worked or not. I am supposed to pick three areas that are in the most pain and apply there. That is usually my quads and hip area.

I got a call from the clinic that does the clinical trials and they wanted to know if I was interested in doing another one. It sounds interesting. It is for an anti-viral and some other kind of med combined. I told them because of the pain program I can't do one until after November. So they said they would put me on their calendar for mid November and call me back. Hopefully I won't need it by then.

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids,

Took my benadryl before bed and slept sooo well last night. Gonna get me some more of that. Unfortunately, my ear is still plugged up. Claudia wanted me to go to the movies with her and DD but I told her I can't go while I'm feeling like this. Then I realized that they want to see In The Heights. AACCKK!! I hate today's musicals. I tried to watch that one about LA, can't even remember the name, but I wanted to gouge out my eyes and ears within a few minutes. I think it was up for an Academy Award as was a song from it. Everyone has raved about Hamilton. I can't stand listening to any part of it. I'm glad Claudia's DD is here cause they enjoy things that I have no desire to do. Think DD is staying even longer. It would be nice if she could live here. Joe will be back and I'm gonna pick him up. By now, he'll be ready to come home.

Gordon, having to go anywhere or do anything also sometimes makes me anxious. I think it's just part of getting older. I always wondered why my DMIL never wanted to drive and do things. Now I know. The pandemic didn't affect my life all that much because I basically only go to the doctor, the store and the vet. I'm now just an old recluse.

Sun, I watched a news segment comparing the Polio vaccine with the Covid vaccine. I remember when parents were so worried about letting their kids go swimming in the summer for fear they would get Polio. I remember saving my dimes for the March of Dimes Polio drive. Seeing those kids confined to iron lungs was horrible. For some reason, a few people today are fearful of the vaccine or in denial of the pandemic. Seeing people on ventilators doesn't have the same effect as seeing those kids in iron lungs did all those years ago. Some vaccines are getting ready to expire. I hope those are sent to people who are desperate to get them. Hope you enjoyed your walk.

Willow, I hope you are feeling better.

Gonna go read the paper. Hope everyone has a great day.

Love, Mikie

Just came in from having coffee out on the balcony with Teresa. We laughed and had a good time. I checked Joe's flight and it's on time. I'll leave for the airport in half an hour. SV is at the sliders asking to come in so I'll get going.

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

Good morning everyone,

I need to start a wash but I thin before that happens I will need to start the machine first and put water in it with detergent. I think that might be a good idea since I just put the clothes in and that is all. Have to go this early afternnoon or early morning to eat early lunch so we can leave early to go to the urologist for RX#2. Such busy days , tomorrow I finally get my hair cut and colored. It is driving me nuts. Next week is the week from hell. Monday is my redo of my mammogram at the hospital imaging, pain in the neck. Prayers that it is just the same old dense breast tissue that they cannot see through and nothing else there. Tuesday is a perio cleaning that has been changed a few times already. Tried to change it but that would set me way back . So I kept next weeks appt. My gums are bad enough now. Wed I get a break and then thursday is another RX for DH. I also may be forgetting something. I got up late today so I am really lagging behind on things.

MIKIE et al I've been fussing with my tablet and it is getting better, updating stuff I probably won't use a lot of. IS THERE ANY SHORT WAY OF TRANSFERING MY CONTACTS ? I know I need to start deleting ones I do not use anymore or DH. That will be a pain. Then a few more things to add. I removed my pictures some time ago they took up to much space. This new one should hold more and I got an extra 64 GB card or whatever you call it. Just need that pic to open that little drawer when I need it. Can you you something else like a paper clip? This was redo so I didn't even get instructions let alone a pic.or whatever you call it. This new A7 SG is a good one so far. It doesn't have to be charged constantly. I am still keeping my old one charged to keep the info I have until transferred.

Sorry you all, need to start the wash and start an early lunch !! Getting hot and so much to do and needs to get done in the mornings. So if we have appts to do in the mornings that kills the day for work outside, not that I mind but DH needs help. I need to somehow get up early like DH and work then after eating breakfast. He is an early bird and I am NOT.

Love,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Back from the airport. I checked Joe's flight online and it said it was on time. I waited in the cell phone lot for 40 mins. after the ETA and tried to call Joe. I called his DS who is my contact and he looked it up and the flight was delayed half an hour. When I finally picked Joe up outside the door, he said the flight was delayed taking off. That ticks me off. Jet Blue knew it was delayed from the start and didn't update their tracker. On the way to the airport, my check engine light came on. The car is running fine so the mechanic said I could drive it and to bring it in early in the morning so they can do the diagnostics on the car's computer. I hope it's nothing too expensive.

Granni, sorry I'm no help but you can go online and ask how to transfer your files. Or, you can ask your DSIL to help. He sounds like a whiz. I hope you get it all done okay. Good luck with your mammo and perio cleaning.

Glad I had a small snack before leaving. I'm defrosting some salmon for a proper lunch. It's gonna be in the 90's today but was only 86 while I waited at the airport. I didn't want to run the car with the A/C on so opened the windows and let the breeze blow through. Don't know whether I can wait for that salmon or not.

Hope all y'all are having a great day.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

MIKIE - Almost everything is already transferred that I want transferred except for the contacts and one other thing but I have the contacts on the phone but need to delete them or a lot of them. Hope you car turns out to be OK when you get it checked. Who needs more expense?? Glad you picked up JOe OK at the airport. That can be a major pain at least at the Houston big airport it is and NYC was always bad and to busy.

Got back not to long ago fom the Dr's office where DH has his RX. It was faster this time not so much waiting time in the office and outside the office as it was last week. He has no problem waiting a few hours to pee like I do. He just has to wait another hour or so but hasn't been drinking a lot right now until his time is up. Seems like all the time I feel like urinating even when I think I am done and I'm not, nothing unusual for me.. Just OAB and all my other problems, even with taking meds. Drives me nuts!! Put my wash in the drier that I forgot to do before and came to the computer.

Nothing else is exciting around here. BTW, it is hot here to MIKIE. Its in the low 90's I think and was probably hotter where we were at the dr's office.

Hope eveydobby is doing well! Tomorrow will be anothe busy day with my hair and shopping. I will be so happy to get my hair cut especially. It is driving me crazy.

Love,
Granni

Willow77

Hi to All,

It is a beautiful day out. It is only a little over 80 but the sun is so bright it feels hotter. This is the first day I have felt up to doing anything so I am taking advantage of the little bit of energy I have and working in the garden. I finished painting a sun plaque so Gray hung it for me on one of the patio pillars and I finished painting the name plaques for some of the fruit trees and bushes. The previous owner had an area next to the house with a plaque with her name and two more with her daughters names. It looked too much like pet cemetery headstones so I repainted them and use the name areas to put the names of my fruit trees and goji berry. I am happy with how two of them came out but will probably repaint the first one I did to match the two later ones. I need to go to the plant nursery to find some zucchini and yellow crook neck squash. I like to put the tiny squash raw in salads. When they get too big the flavor is not as mild as the tiny ones.

Spring- Awhile back you asked what color my nasturtiums are. They are finally flowering and the ones down one side of the planter are all orange and the ones on the other side are red, orange, or yellow. The red one is really pretty.

I am thinking part of the exhaustion might be my meds. Three of them can cause next day exhaustion so I skipped the allergy med xyzal and used claritin instead last night. I don't know if I am feeling better because of that or because of all the rest I have been getting lately but I will keep with the claritin for awhile. I don't like the newer antihistamines, they can cause low grade headaches. Annoying but not enough that I need to go to bed in a dark room. Now I am wondering about Moms meds. I read an article about how seniors are being over medicated and a lot of the meds cause fatigue and confusion. Some of the original prescriptions are so old no one remembers when they were originally prescribed and Dr's are just refilling them instead of evaluating if the patient even needs them anymore. So when I go to Moms first appt I will ask the new Dr to evaluate all of her meds and if she would benefit from physical therapy to keep her ambulatory for the duration. Gray needs a meet and greet with his new Dr. too so I will try to schedule it all on the same day but first I have to figure out where the medical building is. I only know the city and the road it is on. I hope they are both in the same building at least.

Well I had better get up and get busy.

Love to All,
Willow

• Love

sunflowergirl

Willow: why not go over all the meds your mom takes and do a search on interaction. The problem with seniors, or really anyone, doctors prescribe then forget about it. I always took my mom to see her doctor and I was the one involved with the doctor on the pills and problems she was having. The doctor would then look up in her RX book to see side effects. We just assume the doctors remember all of this…not so….actually your pharmacist is much better at looking at the drugs and can see if there is too much being given. I think that would be a great idea for your mom…..a little PT to keep her moving. My mom would greatly improve when this was done. Then the sessions were over, and she refused to continue to do them on her own. Didn’t want to listen to me.

Mikie: I think that stupid movie was called…..LaLa Land…..or something like it. I agree….I couldn’t get into the silliness. I always loved musicals but I think the last good ones were those with Barbra Streisand or even Debbie Reynolds.

back/neck troubles….sigh.

Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids,

Only four hours of sleep last night. The benadryl seems to have made me wide awake instead of sleepy. GAA!! I'm up early and have had a soak in nice scented liquid bath soap. I don't seem to have reactions to the scents in these soaps. I will be getting ready to take the car to the mechanic just before eight o'clock. Hope to high heaven it's something easy and inexpensive to fix. Seems like expenses all come at once.

Granni, hope you've gotten your tablet all set up.

Willow, glad you have some NRG.

Sun, yes, it was La La Land. I love Latino music so I might like In The Heights but I'd rather wait until I can watch it on TV. I've noticed a lot of today's music is lame but some of it is lively but bangs out repetition til I want to scream. Right now, my head is still stuffed up and all kinds of sounds seem to hurt my ears. What a mess I am! I also loved the old school musicals. Hope the neck/back pain is better.

Gonna read the paper and get ready to go. Hope all y'all have a great wind up to the week.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I’ve never heard of “In the heights”….looked it up. I think I would really love it. I see Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote it so it must be excellent. He’s amazingly talented. I watched the Broadway production of Hamilton last July 4 down at the beach house. My DD has seen it twice in person and is “over the top” in love with it. Can sing all the rap songs…go figure. But it was a houseful of people gathered to watch it and my DD kept telling everyone what it was all about, which I found ANNOYING. I HATED the musical with a passion. I’m sure you’ve read all about it and what is controversial. I agree with you about that songs that are being written now……write two lines then keep repeating it over and over and over. What’s that? Then call yourself a songwriter, then the singer screams it out.

Speaking of my DD, I’ve gotten a few emails from my DGD about their time there. They come home on tuesday. And 2 days there they had to buy a new washer. Apparently it was very LOUD and the neighbors complained about it. So that meant having to buy one then having to wait at the condo to have it delivered. She’s had a huge amount of washer troubles at her house and now she goes on vacation and has this.

I was up at least 6 times to hit the bathroom. This really wears me out. I’m going to try to not drink anything after 5 PM. So got up at 4 to drink some coffee, take an ibuprofen and heat up all my rice things. Got an ice pack on my head too. I’m going to try to sleep again in a little bit.

Last edited: