PORCH 1279 IS NOW CLOSED (8/6/21) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1279 IS NOW CLOSED (8/6/21)

ProHealth CBD Store

bct

Hi Gang.
A sunny day; I'm taking it real easy. Just going to water the geraniums....
Saw doc and got 2 new rxs. Abdominal pain almost gone..... now a back ache, so I'l have to do my back and forward stretches until I can touch my toes again. If I miss a week it takes some time before I can touch them again.

Mikie, I slept well too,but have no nrg today at all. And so it goes. I'm sorry for you having to hear/feel jets flying overhead. \
I'm not going to watch 9/11 on the telly either. Today i shall rest and read...,, enjoy nature. Try to relax from the pandemic, the anti-vaxxer nut jobs, climate change deniers, etc.
Horrible m-bike accident you mentioned. Hope Mary Jane made it o.k.

Sun, I've always been a reader. Books were my life growing up. We moved so often (military dad), sometimes staying in one country for 2-4 yrs before relocating. Yeah, England (5 times), New Mexico,Texas, Calif., Delaware..... so I never had any close friends, just chums from school. We usually lived in remote country places....
I made peace with nature, overcame fears of spiders, snake, scorpions and other "scarey" critters.
Sun, I hope you can rest today. Stress depletes my nrg too.

I feel I must go now, so tired, depressed, sad, anxious, and, and, and y'all know too...

Love to All, Spring I want your food!

Barry

Granni, I hope your appt. goes well and that you won't have to shelter from the storm! Does your DH ever do any cooking? Just being nosy.

Mikie

Hi, Barry,

So good to see you here but wish you weren't so tired. I am glad you can enjoy things. Hope the new Rx's help you. I have to balance between what is going on and getting overloaded on all the nuttiness out there. All those angry people suck the life out of our country. I have to get away from it to try to keep my own sanity. Yes, you are another reader who loves books. Aren't we lucky? We always have a safe place to go to in order to 'get away.'

My DSIL's Dad was in the Air Force and they moved around too. I know it provided him with a lot of experiences that make him who he is but, as you say, service kids don't get a chance to form lifelong friendships. He spent his childhood looking out for his brother who was younger.

I don't mind the jets that much because they aren't low in the traffic pattern here. We are close to the airport but not that close. I only really notice them when it's otherwise quiet out. Barb and I notice them when we are in the pool early in the morning. I notice them if I'm in one of the bathrooms because I can hear them through the vent in the ceiling.

Rest up, my friend, and feel better.

Love, Mikie

• Love
Reactions: bct

Granniluvsu

HI Dear Porchies,

Not much goin on here just finishing up stuff from yesterday and trying to be a bit lazy. Yes, unfortunatly Sept 11th was a very memorable and horrible day for everyone , of course worse for those who lived it, in NYC close to the towers. Unfortunatly I think there is much more awful stuff to come. I hope I am wrong... Haven't watched any of the ceremonies today but may watch some tonight. It is just too sad!!

MIKIE - I'm like you no matter how long I sleep it is never long enough and I wake up in a fairly sad state with no NRG!! Hope you ae feeling half way decent today. Glad I do not have to much to do. I wll hav eto go over and check my forms that I have to bring on Monday if we go and there are no storms and make sure they are done or at least almost. There are af new place

SUN - Don't remember if it was you who was complaining about no Seattles Best Coffee where you shopped or someone else. Yesm Amazon has that so you can get plenty if you need it. Unfortunatly they sell everything now, and sometimes hard to get any other places. Yes, Tripoli is a lot of fun even if you get horrible cards and can't do anythig and you lose your whole dollar. It is a combo of HEART, POKER and I think SPADES. Very simple and fun !! It can get crazy and exasperating too. I was the loser again with the same guy hitting all the big pots in the last hand. Most of the time I was doing fairly well until the last couple of horrible hands.

We'll see if we get some rain tomorrow and if Monday we get a bunch of rain. I haven;t checked lately but if we do I will have to cancel the appointment and make another I hate that. As it is I will have to probably cancel DH's and my dental appts this month and who knows when I /we will get another.

SPRING - Sorry to hear about the flooding. That is awful no matter where it hits. Sorry I missed that post but I saw someone elses that mentioned it. Hope there is no flooding coming on Mondday from whatever it is that is supposed to come thru , some maybe tomorrow. I still remember HARVEY in Houston a few years ago that ws horrendous. We were fine but thee was flooding everywhere and on someof our roads here and very bad in the HOUSTON area.

Hope everydobby is doing well, inc those not mentioned. -

BARRY - Just missed you while posting. Glad you are doing a bit better since seeing the dr. Hope you continue on that road !!

Love you all,
Granni

springwater

my heart melted at the little boys dramatic way of talking and then he made me want to cry.

It was SO hot today and then it rained. Thank goodness.

Barry - I love nature but creepy crawlies scare me.

Granni - I don't know how to play Tripoli. it sounds like fun to play with lots of friends or family. I've never been good with cards.

Last edited:

rockgor

Hi Folks,

Granni, We used to play tripoli in the days of my yute. I think you need a special deck, but I've forgotten almost everything I ever knew. Not sure if Gordon is up yet. Probably not. He needs lots of sleep since he does almost everything around this ranch. I am busy reading a new John Stanford thriller. It's a fat book and will keep me busy for at least another day.

Hope everydobby is fine and not bothered by bill collectors, ailments, troublesome relatives or government pests.

I wouldn't mind having a pair of colorfull sox like the young fellow above.

Rock

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Dear Porchies,

Had to take an antihistamine last night for my allergies. They are sooo bad. It knocked me out and I slept well but feel groggy this morning. Brain no workee, as Rock says. Yesterday hung heavy over everything and I'm glad it's passed for another year.

I try to always bring y'all the latest important news and today is no exception--Roomba has now trained their vacuums to identify and avoid pet poop. Owners have had their Roombas run through dog's poop and smear it all over the carpet which led to the breakthrough. Evidently, the challenge to train Roomba was harder than training a dog but they did it.

Granni, I haven't seen the weather yet this morning. I hope you don't have that storm to deal with too. It's bad enough having to go to the doctor. Good luck with everything. My memories of Harvey were people wading in waist high water and pushing their meager belongings on anything that would float. When Irma was a Cat 5 hurricane and was headed straight for us, they predicted 26 feet of surge. I went over to the pool and got a big floaty that someone had left and brought it home. I could picture myself pushing SV on top of it after the storm. Normally, I don't worry about flooding but that was a monster storm. Fortunately, it took a bit of a more easterly track and spared us the flooding here. Don't we live exciting lives? Oh, the weather just came on and it appears that tropical depression may skirt the Gulf Coast of TX. Hope it misses you.

Spring, thanks for the baby laughs. It's hot here too but it didn't rain yesterday. In NYC, the sky was the same bright and clear blue that it was on 9/11 twenty years ago. I can see from the sunlight that fall is here but it is still sooo hot. Cold fronts are dipping down out of Canada but we are so far south that they haven't cooled us down. I hope it rains today but I am going to water the flower boxes just in case. Have a lovely evening.

Rock, I just quoted you and here you are! Always good to see you. Glad you got a book you like. I am finally running out of reads on my Kindle but I can read books free with Amazon Prime. I think I've borrowed my limit so will have to return something. They have bit of a free read library but they don't have the latest best sellers. Whine, whine, whine!

OK, Kids, I'm off to read the newspaper. Was nice to sleep a little later this morning. Just hope I can wake up. News is showing a pregnant bear resting on someone's deck outside their home. Now this is news I like! Hope all y'all have a nice windup to the weekend.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

Good Morning everyone,

MIKIE, et al, Just a quick post before leaving for church this a.m. Not much is new. We got an extra half hour or so to dilly dally at home as the director had to help someone with the Ministry Fair going on this morning. However, I still need to brush my teeth and put on some lipstick which is the amount of time I spend on makeup these days.

So far, the jury is still out for tomorrow's excursion to the Radiation dr. Have to wait till tonight's news and tomorrow. We might start with some rain this afternoon, but not to much I don't think, probably just some intermittant showers.

ROCK - Glad you are enjoying your reading. Tripoli came with a board like thing with cups, the old good one where you can put your chips. We don't have the cups but the other couple has the right board so the chips don't go everywhere esp when the $ starts piling up. It is a very easy game so almost anyone can play it but you do have to sort of understand poker. You start with the lowest card in your hand and Then you just go and follow the suits played. You hopefully then can get out your high hearts worth $, 10's thru A. When you can't get them out and you are stuck with the you have to pay the one who goes out. It's a fun but sometimets crazy game and if you lose your $ you are ready to quit !! LOL

Gotta run and get ready for church!

Love,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Finally got through the July financials. Sure enough, there was a bill paid out of the operating account that should have been paid out of reserves. I shouldn't have to check them in detail like this every month. Joe does the same thing for his bldg. and the financials for the whole hood. At least, I have this monkey off my back for today. Now I can work on the delinquent acct. for the one condo in our bldg. Again, I shouldn't have to do their work for them. Grrrr!

I went out and watered the flower boxes. Teresa had put a nice looking succulent in a pot and put it behind the hedge where we put spare pots. It isn't getting any water so I brought it up and planted it in my big pot on the lanai. She has a bunch of the same so don't think she will miss it, especially since she threw it out. The euphorbia out there is growing like crazy. It's so ruffled and fance; I love it so much.

Granni, I only bother with mascara and a bit of eyebrow pencil to fill in even when I'm not masked. I haven't painted my nails in eons. That storm is strange and hasn't formed into anything yet but the forecasters are giving an area off the TX Gulf Coast as the probable track. It appears that it could affect TX and LA. There are more tropical waves coming off Africa and those are what we need to keep an eye on here. This is the most active part of the season and I pray we stay safe.

I am having one of those days when I feel some anxiety. I hate that. I'm starting to wonder about something's being out of whack in my system. May call the doc if this keeps up. Hope everyone else is calm and collected and enjoying the day.

Love, Mikie

My new shower rod came. It was delivered USPS by one of their trucks. I'm wondering whether Amazon is using them more. The problem comes when it has to be delivered to one of our parcel boxes and they put the key in the wrong mailbox. I was out by my car when the truck drove up and stopped. The young guy was cute and I told him that now I can take a shower. He laughed and probably thought to himself that I could use a shower.

DD just called. She and DGS are coming down for the weekend on Fri. if all goes well. He wants to visit his friend who lives here. It'll be fun. We had a nice long chat and laughed a lot.

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

HI MIKIE. et al - Glad your going to see your DD and DGS soon. It is always nice to see friends and esp family when you don't see them often. It is never often enough. Having a lazy dinner today and only having hamburgers. When we came home from church and as I was starting to prepare lunch I almost didn't pick up the call on the home phone- so many ads. It turned out to be my dear childhood friend whom I haven't seen in eons. She lives in Oregon. We used to sing together and have so much fun but lost her when we moved out of the city, more into the burbs. Unfortunatly it is sometimes hard to understand her, esp on the phone as she has a Hispanic (Columbian) accent and I took off my hearing aids after church and so it was not that loud. I had to put the phone down a few times to finish making the sandwichs for us. However, I did get it done. I told her I would try and call her soon again at a better time. I am so bad with calling people and have a few friends I need to be calling from years past.

Speaking of DD's , DD#1 texted tosay they were coming to have dinner with us for my birthday but it is early on the 8th. (Friday) Can't make it for my birthday she has a wedding shower to go to and DH has a fishing trip with a client or clients. Will see if others can go but if it is a Friday evening those working will have a hard time making it esp our son and his wife.

Gotta run and start to fix dinner such as it is today.

Love to awl,
Granni

Willow77

Hi to All,

We had a great time on Tuesday, our fun day. We went up to the mountains to a small town called Jullian. They have a lot of cute little tourist gift shops and pie houses. They are in an area where there are a lot of apple orchards. It is usually really busy all days of the week from Mid-September through March. The lady that runs the pie shop where we stopped for lunch said that once the snow starts all of San Diego comes up to visit and it is an hours wait in line to get in the door. We got one on the best pies I have ever tasted, next to my Grandmas, of course. It was an Apple, Carmel, Pecan pie, heaven on a plate. There is another apple growing area closer to us that we plan on trying next. Hopefully before it gets too busy, that one gets all its traffic from LA. After we left Jullian we drove to Oceanside and looked at the ocean for a few minutes. We found a quicker route to go home to avoid all the LA traffic so it was a fun and productive day.

Mom enjoyed the meal but then wanted to go home. I pushed her up one side of the street on her walker and then down the other side, stopping only at one store. Gray took the pie we had bought to the car and then caught up to us while we were sitting on a bench outside the last store. He said he would watch Mom and recommended a store he thought I would like. It was amazing. It looked like a store front but had a two story barn on the back with little booths for artists to sell their wares. I didn't want to risk the stairs so I just looked out over the railing to the floor below. I knew I would have no problem getting down the stairs but getting back up could take awhile and I knew that Mom was tired.

Granni- I hope all goes well with your appts next week and I hope the storm passes your area by.

Sun- I can't even imagine what the Dr. did to you. Are you planning on reporting him? It doesn't seem ethical or legal.

Mikie- Your place sounds like paradise with the swimming pool, exotic plants and beaches nearby. I hope SV little foot is all healed by now.
=====================================
I start pain class on Tues. It will be an 8 hour ordeal on Tues and Th so we shall see if I will be able to manage it. My lower back cant take sitting that long. I am taking a vibrating seat and back cushion that heats up to help in the car and in the class room. I will have to take something to eat as well. Or at least some snacks. They have a lot of patients coming from all over for the class. The class itself is 3 hours but it is a minimum of 2 hours there and 2 hours back. They also don't allow you to come in the class if you are late and you have to complete the first week without an absence or you will get kicked from the program. So I am leaving home early enough that if there is a lot of traffic I will still be on time. The only reason I want to continue with it is the PT has been very helpful as has the pain psychologist who gave me advice to help with sleep. They are part of the program and I couldn't see them without doing the classes too.

I need to get to the store and pick up some things for Mom but I need to wait for her to get our of the shower and get dressed.

Oh boy, the news just came on and there is another brush fire in LA county near I-5. Hopefully it stays small. They are picking up water for drops at Pyramid lake which is nearby. Canada has loaned us some super scooper air craft to help fight the fires here and they are using some of them for the fire which is near Castaic. They are showing helicopter and planes making the drops on the fire. So far this story has pre-empted all other news. You can even see the cloud of smoke from downtown LA where the news crew is.

Love to All,
Willow
I thought I posted this yesterday.

Willow77

Hi to All,

Church was good this morning. I got there early and made the coffee and set up the snacks, cleaned the kitchen sinks etc. and then made a bouquet for the alter out of some of the flowers that were donated by someone whose daughter had a quinciara (sp)on Saturday. I gave the bouquet that was decorating the snack table to one of the older ladies who is on a walker and has a huge back brace from a fall where she broke her back last spring.

For those that pray, please still keep Junior up in prayer. He is still alive but the Dr. says that if he survives his lungs will be so damaged that he may need a lung transplant. Lung transplants aren't like kidneys and hearts, they are only good for 5 years. Next week they will be putting a tracheotomy in and connecting the ventilator to that. They are hoping his lungs will get more oxygen that way.

On the way home from church I stopped at the grocery store and got hopefully everything we will need for the week. Gray and I will be going out to get gas after dinner so I will be all set for Tuesday. I am excited but also nervous. I don't know if I can do all the driving. It will be nice to be out and about but this driving is on two lane highway, out in the country, some of which is curvy around hills and a lake. We avoid the freeway as it is usually a parking lot. Some of the driving will be after dark, on dark country road. The road's nickname is blood alley because of all the accidents. I think Gray is more nervous about it than I am.

I put the sermon on Facebook on the big TV for Mom and she promptly fell asleep. She woke up at the end so I put on one by the pastors SIL who is also a minister and leader of the Order of St. Luke. And she promptly fell back to sleep. So I give up. I know she watched Dr. Stanley this morning on TV while I was at church.

Buddy had good news about his house. The tenant moved out and the owner did the necessary repairs. The inspections are this week and they are scheduled to sign the papers on Friday morning. So prayers answered. Thank you to all who prayed. This could have turned into a really sticky situation if the tenant had refused to move. I am so excited for them, their first house. Zillow didn't post any pictures of the inside of the house because of the tenants living there so I will be anxious to see pictures of what it is like. It is a small, 2 bd, 1 ba in a rural town in East Georgia about 20 miles from the Alabama state line. His fiancé has lived there for most of her life.

I hope everyone has as great a day as they are able too. I am really happy today even though my legs are a bit crampy. I really needed the DP at the grocery store today.

Love to All,
Willow

Granni- I think your day is Tues. too so I will be praying your day goes well with no complications.

sunflowergirl

Willow: I just sit and shake my head at this pastor’s son. So completely avoidable. So heartbreaking for his family and friends. But as Christians we have to believe that God is in control, no matter what. Perhaps his situation will change other’s thinking on this whole covid thing.

I don’t think I’ve ever been to Julian but I’ve heard it’s really cute. The pie sounds like it was totally worth everything. Great news for Buddy and his finance. I believe you said she’s Mormon. Is he turning? Will they be married in the church soon?
My X SIL is Mormon as are 3 nephews.

No, I won’t do anymore with this doctor. I feel I escaped a nightmare. I’ve told my two sons but won’t tell my DD. I’m sure she would try to force me to go thru tests I absolutely refuse to.

My son was out today with my two youngest DGD. The youngest, almost 5, is invited to her first BD party today without her older sister, so she was excited. She’s now in kindergarten. My son told me she now has a best friend AND had encounters with a bully girl at school who pushes kids around including my DGD. BUT….apparently recently this bully had a BD and gave presents to all the kids in her class???? So now she’s saying she’s not so bad???? How early they learn lessons of bribery.

And yesterday I took the large bag of books over to my older DGD. She had smiles on her face as she read the back of each book. And I had a great chat with my DGS. He was home for the weekend from college. Came home with my van loaded with cast off lego put together sets from my DGD for the other two. Took me over an hr. to bring everything into the kids room and rearrange things to make things fit.

So darn tired still from the stress on thursday. Not sleeping well. Usually it takes a good week to get over something.

Hope everyone’s week will be good and stress free.

I’m watching the most adorable, magical movie. I’ve laughed out loud too. I know it’s old but I’ve never seen it. BFG I think that stands for Big Friendly Giant. It’s from a children’s book but I’ve never heard of it….written by Roald Dahl. Here’s some scenes from it. When I first started watching it I kept thinking that this cartoon giant reminded me of an actor, Mark Rylance, so had to read the box. Yep…..I wonder if he acted his part and then the animators created all his expressions. Amazing. And the little girl is adorable too.

Last edited:

lydia1

Hi guys...just a short note to let you all know what's going on in my world. My brother, Bill, got here from Texas Thursday night around 11:30. He was going to stay in a motel partway, but ended up driving the whole way from Arlington in one day. We did a lot of catching up on Friday...talked about his wife who just passed away in July...caught up on what he and their son are doing these days, etc.

Amy and kids came Saturday (Clinton has been exhausted, so I told him it was fine for him to stay home and just rest and recharge...he's been doing so much extra since Amy has been in so much pain.) They were going to stay all night, but had to be home by noon on Sunday as the little kids each had ballgames (football for Kristian and volleyball for Miley.) But, just as we about had supper prepared...Bill was grilling, Den was taking care of the hot dog/s'more fire and my other brother, Bruce was also here (he lives an hour away and just came by himself)...Amy came to me in the kitchen and broke down crying because she was in so much pain and just felt so bad. She thought she and the kids had better get on home after supper so they wouldn't have to hurry around this morning to get back home in time.

I offered for some of us to help her get home, but she said she was okay to drive. So, after we ate, I gathered up all the extra food I had prepared and got it packed up so they could leave. I felt so bad for Amy, but she felt if she went back to an ER, they would just give her pain pills, etc. and send her home to wait to get the stent out tomorrow. She texted this morning that she was still hurting and feeling rough...I really hope it helps to get the stent taken care of tomorrow afternoon...or maybe even earlier, if they happen to have someone cancel.

My brothers, Den and I sat around the fire and just visited the rest of the evening, but I was so wiped out from everything, I was feeling pretty rough myself. We didn't do much today...Bruce came back and the guys worked on his car (handier with Den's car lift) and Bill is going to Bruce's on Tuesday to spend a day or two. I think Den and I are going to take Bill to a Mennonite store tomorrow...Bill is used to running around a lot more than we are, lol! He goes out to eat several times a week, etc. and we are just used to being busy on the farm...but will take some time off to do some "touristy" things.

Bill will be here till the 26th or 27th...then the next week is when the Tennessee Treasures have fall break from school and are wanting to come to Grandma and Grandpa's...we'll have to see.

Gotta get to bed...this flare continues, so anything I do seems to take so much more energy than I have. Take care! Thinking of everyone.

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

I took my antihistamine pill last evening and slept well. Didn't get to watch 60 Minutes because the stupid football game was running late. Everyone has to bow to the football gods this time of year. I watched Father Brown instead on PBS. Yesterday afternoon, the little boy who had Covid came over with his brother to thank me for praying for him when he was sick. His grandma knows I had asked y'all to pray for him and I send his thanks to everyone here too. He looks so good and it made me so happy to see him.

Saw a video on the news of a cat hanging by one foot off of the balcony at a football stadium. The fans below took a flag and caught him in it when he fell. My heart about stopped and I was so glad to see that it all came out okay.

Granni, it appears as though that storm will make landfall in TX and the rain looks substantial. Hope you don't get too much or have to cancel your appt. I am missing something here--is your birthday on Fri.? That isn't the 8th. I don't have it on my calendar. I am finding that understanding people with accents gets more difficult as my hearing get worser. I got that sound bar for the TV and it helps. I like to watch British shows but often have trouble with their accents. Hope you can connect with your friend again soon.

Willow, glad you had such a fun day and ended up with delicious pie. Thank for your good wishes for SV's paw pad. It looks really good and he's walking around on it so I think it's okay. Yes, I really do feel blessed to live here even with the hurricanes that hit us every now and then. This is the hottest and most humid time of the year and it's the peak of hurricane season but in another month, things will be much improved. We just enjoy our beautiful mornings and stay inside with our A/C. So happy for Buddy and his wife that the home sale is almost done. I have prayed for them and, of course you, Gray and Mom.

Sun, I hope you can end up being able to have the stress test without the injection. That movie does look good. I'll see whether I can find it. I love all the Shrek movies. This one does look magical. Sometimes the kids' movies are the best. I watched a Robert Redford movie that was okay but not great. Been reading and realized I don't have many books left on the Kindle that I haven't read so ordered a couple. Glad your DGD was so happy with the books. Hope you can rest after that horrible encounter with the doc. That was too stressful.

Julie, it boggles my mind that the docs have let Amy keep going with that level of pain. I am keeping her in my prayers. You too with your flare. I hope you can get some rest. Please take good care of yourself. I know you love having family there but even enjoying loved ones can be tiring.

I hope everyone has a good week. I am dealing with the stress of waiting on the boss at the mgmt. co. to get back to me about the delinquent condo. I have a feeling he screwed up and is trying to avoid me. I hate that. I will give him until tomorrow because I know how Mondays are in that business. I'm about ready to find the place that licenses him and file a complaint.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I’m up early, and was reading about Don McLean……and had to post this link for you to read. I’m sure you listened to the one about Miss American Pie and will remember the words. I was listening to that CD last week and now I can’t get the words out of my head, but that’s a good thing since it’s a great song/poem.

I’m going to Lowes this morning to get a few things to do some repairs around here. My next door neighbor has slowly been replacing termited parts of our mutual fence and replaced some boards so now they need to be repainted, hopefully by my handyman. Yesterday my DS found a small piece of a painted shim so I will have that as a sample to get the paint. Paint has REALLY gone up in price, average is around $50 a gallon.

I still have part of that BFG movie to watch, but I’m enjoying it so much. Steven Spielberg is a genius!

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Back from the pool. Our mornings are sooo incredibly beautiful this time of year. Barb and I give thanks every time we go over there. It just takes away the stress. Most of the people in the hood are so nice and that is another reason I love living here. I never want to leave and hope I never have to and that the hood remains a good place to live.

Sun, thanks for posting all those interesting facts. OMG! That iconic song was huge. We were all singing it and our little kids sang it and played it over and over. I was eleven or twelve when Buddy Holly died. A bunch of family members and friends died very close to that time and I was traumatized. More than just the music died that day for me. I hope paint goes down in price. I need to paint over the cracks in my walls once I get them patched. I think our bldg. was painted somewhere around seven to ten years ago and the paint retailed for around ninety to one hundred dollars then. Of course, our painter didn't pay that much. It is good paint. Hope your handyman can paint the fence for you. Claudia has a handyman doing a bunch of things at her condo getting ready for her kids to come. My condo isn't dirty, except for that one room that is messy, and I don't go crazy getting ready for mine to visit. Waste of time. Glad you are enjoying that movie.

Gonna get going. My shower rod is still up so I guess it will continue to hold. The old one would likely still work for a really lightweight curtain. Hope all y'all have a great day.

Love, Mikie

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

Thanks sooo much for the heads up on the CBD sale. I got some sleep gummies. Barb takes them and says they are wonderful. I also got some pain cream because my CBD balm is about gone. It's always so good to talk to Gail at PH. She is such a nice person.

Gonna go check out the link. I'll be back after I check it out.

Was gonna get in the shower and Jeff stopped to tell me the water would be off for a bit while they snaked the sewer line and took a video to use for getting bids from the pipe layers. This is like a never ending project.

Love, Mikie

Checked out the Wiki article. Lots of info there. I realize I was actually thirteen when Buddy Holly died, along with Richie Valens and The Big Bopper. I think having three die at once made it worse. The tune of American Pie was catchy and fun to sing but the lyrics were sad. I felt things changing when the song came out and knew it would never be the same. Think I mentioned that nostalgia brings some good chemicals to the brain but I think it can be depressing if we miss the past so much that we don't live in the present. The present ain't so good right now so I'm hanging onto anything I can to make me feel more optimistic and take it one day at a time. Again, thanks for all this good info. You're still the star researcher here.

Last edited: