PORCH 1280 IS NOW CLOSED (9/13/21) | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1280 IS NOW CLOSED (9/13/21)

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

when-is-peak-fall-foliage-dc.jpg

Dear Porchies,

Time for a new Porch. Please go back to read the final posts on the last Porch. Sun has some great info on the history of the song, American Pie.

Don't know about everyone else but I'm ready for fall. We still have another month, at least, of hot temps but I'm looking forward to cooler weather. I may get my fall wreath out and hang it on the front door.

My hair came out looking good so I'm happy. Think I'm gonna go over to the pool again tomorrow if it's nice out and then go to Target for the tissues on sale. Michael's is in the same strip center so will stop to see about a sketch pad and pencils. Barb won't be at the pool on Wed. so tomorrow would be a good day for me to go. Then, I can go on Thursday but may not go on Fri. if the kids are coming.

Sun, I thought about you when I saw this beautiful pic of pumpkins. I love it.

fallpic.jpg

OK, I'm outta here again. Hope everyone has a lovely evening. Can't wait to get my CBD gummies to help my sleep.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Dear Mikie and Porchies,

Just a short note to let you know that I had an interesting visit with the Oncologist Radiation Dr. There is a new type of adiation called A P B Irradiation I didn't catch all the meanng of the other letters. It has just gotten out of testing and has been okayed. It is only for certain people with certain tyopes of pathologies, slow growing, small and some other criteria that I do not know right now but can guess. Instead of 3-6, 5 wk sessions it is condensed into 5 sessions. It is more localized. I go in next monday for a CT scan so they can do mapping of sorts. He is a fairly young oriental Dr and so very nice and personable, The problem is the masks and having a hard time understanding but they are good with repeating. The staff is very nice too. Of course my b/p went sky hi esp after my phone when beserk just before she called me in and I was trying to turn it off as it wouldn;t behave. RX's are every other day like M,W,F, M W. Not sure if they start on wed or monday. Will know moe next week after my CT scan and should know the cost - UGH!!! Sounds good though.

Gotta run for now. Just wanted to update you all on my Dr Visits and Rx's.

I texted JULIE who ansered me and told meethat Amy finallyhad her procedure and is back to work. The doc was late and the clinic but but finally got there and got her done. I'll be she is beyond thrilled after waiting so long.

MIKIE - I should go see if I can find those gumies and tht rub or balm you use but have forgotten the name of it.

Love to awl,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Granni,

Sooo glad you didn't have to cancel and I'm so thrilled you like the doc and can get the lesser treatment. Also glad Amy got the stent removed. I hope her pain goes away. I feel so bad for her.

Go to the CBD store here. The prices are really good. I got the gummies that are for sleep. I also got the cream that has a medicinal honey in it. You can check out the products they are closing out. The prices are really good. Barb swears by the gummies to help her sleep. Any of the CBD I've tried rubbing on my inflammation has helped a lot.

Keep us updated on your progress and the storm. I don't know about your phone but I just put mine in airplane mode instead of shutting it off. All I have to do is swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap on the airplane icon to keep it from receiving calls and texts.

Have a nice evening and stay dry.

Love, Mikie

Reactions: bct

Willow77

Hi Sun,

Buddy, the one who got the house is not Mormon, that is Bear the one that lives in Salt Lake. Buddy and his fiancé are Pentecostals, they go to a oneness church and live in Georgia. I don't agree with everything about their faith but just glad they are believers. Buddy works in a factory that makes windows for high rises and other large buildings.

Bears wife Kay and her family are Mormon and he did turn. He is baptized and they had their marriage sealed in the Mormon church. Kay and Bear have been together for 8 years and married for 3. Still trying for a baby, Kay is 36 so they don't have a lot of time. She wants to quit trying at 38. I haven't heard the latest on the fertility experts but last I heard they were still going to them. Bear is a pilot that drives truck for now due to the pandemic. They live in Salt Lake where Bears last military posting was.

Granni- Glad your appt went well and I hope your treatment will be easy. It is nice to have a Dr. up on all the latest treatments.

Julie- I hope having the stent removed will help Amy's pain. Has she passed the stone yet? Get some rest before the treasure's from TN come. You and your family have had so much on your plate. Hopefully the next few months will enable you all to get some rest.

Mikie- I often look at FL real estate but Gray would never consider living there so I live vicariously through your postings on the neighborhood. As a kid I planned on running away from home and walking from MI to FL down I-75. I only got as far as packing my Barbie Doll house with clothes but that was it. Somehow I ended up in CA instead. I wouldn't change it though I love it here.

Mikie

Good Tuesday Morning, Kids,

My sinus infection is back. Just shot some NasaCort up my nose. Last evening, I had the worst pain shooting through my teeth. If it doesn't get better today, I'll call the doc. I will definitely be calling the boss at the mgmt. co. who has never responded to my email. He's such a jerk but we need him to get a lien put on the delinquent unit.

Weatherman says this will be another beautiful morning. We got a lot of rain yesterday afternoon and we are sposda get more today. Tomorrow afternoon rain will likely be inland. There is a big board meeting tomorrow afternoon and I hope they can vote to replace the fountain and select the pipe laying co. They will need all the bids.

Willow, I grew up in CO and loved it there but all of us kids thought CA was truly paradise and we all wanted to live there. We never moved but did vacation there with our own kids. I never thought about FL until I worked with a woman who vacationed here and loved it. After my ex and I separated, my DD and I came down here and we thought it was great. I continued to come down here and brought my Mom with me. The first thing DD and I noticed was how young all the older people looked and how active they were. We were used to old people lugging their oxygen tanks behind them and looking like tanned leather in CO. I decided to retire down here but didn't wait and moved here 24 years ago. I've never regretted it. I don't like the politics here and hope we can get a governor and legislature that aren't so radical. All they care about is $$$ and not the health and safety of the residents. We have only six percent of the U.S. population but 20 percent of Covid cases. Governor went to court to keep schools from having mask mandates. My doc wants me to wear my mask and I do when I go shopping or anywhere inside. Hope you get some nice weather and feel well. Keep us updated on your pain classes; I hope they help.

Good news--DGS can now get the second vaccination. His doc and parents were worried about heart inflammation due to his heart murmur and other considerations. Now that soccer tryouts in the high heat outside are over, the risk has been lessened. Doc says that, due to his having had Covid and the first vaccine, he is well protected from infection but the kids like to travel and they want him fully vaxxed. Guess the jury is still out on booster shots.

Covid is a moving target so I think our reaction to it will likely change. A thought just occured to me--there are people like me who can deal with uncertainty and changing conditions. There are others who have to have black and white, yes or no, answers. Neither is right or wrong; there are just differences in how people perceive info and make decisions. I think many of the vaccine hesitant people are having difficulty dealing with the changing info. It doesn't help that about half of the population get their info from social media sites, known for misinformation whether it be intentional or ignorance.

Our governor just had a press conference and had people speaking. One guy got up and said the vaccine will change people's RNA. That is totally false but the governor made no attempt to correct him. No wonder people are confused. Our governor is that last source anyone should go to for info.

Gonna go read the virtual paper. Hope everyone has a great day.

Love, Mikie

Home again, home again...stopped at the Dollar Tree store and then Target. Got the Puff's with lotion tissues. They are new and improved with more tissues per box and they came to just less than a dollar per box with the $10 gift card. I was afraid they might stop doing the gift cards with purchases of paper products and I'm glad to see it back. With my allergies, I need to keep the price per box down to no more than a dollar.

I got a loaf of my favorite bread that was a dollar cheaper than Publix and some cookies/bisquits that were a dollar less per packiage. I save a lot on the Publix BOGO's but I really need to shop at Target or W*M for some of the things I buy. I'm often too tired to go to more than one store. If I were buying for a family, I surely would. They had center cut bacon for only $3.99 a package and I got one of those.

Jeff called while I was out and said when they built the carport, they broke the sewer pipe. That would have been more than 25 years ago. The new video showed one of the upright supports sticking through it. I don't know how that will affect how it can be repaired. Yikes!

Last edited:
  • Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie: OMG, more sewer troubles!!! Would this have caused the problem with the one in your building?

I had planned on going to my art class but the teacher cancelled in that she wasn’t feeling good. It started over 3 weeks ago but I hadn’t gone because of all my troubles. So I need to replan my day. Oh well.

I finished the movie, BFG. I hated for it to end it was so charming. Maybe I’ll buy a copy of it.

I had gone out for a walk yesterday morning, WRONG time for it, since I live by the HS. OMG…..I couldn’t even cross the driveway to get to the other edge of the sidewalk. No cars would stop for me that were piling into the parking lot. I carry a 2 iron club so finally put out my club on the driveway …..one car blew through ahead of me. Makes me want to buy a whistle and carry it!!!! So I called the police this morning and told them what it’s like. Said they need to get a cop on a M/C because the stop sign by me keeps getting run or a rolling stop. The traffic is horrendous now that school is in session. And it’s like this in the afternoon too. I have to time my departures so I don’t hit the school traffic.

springwater

Hi All

Sun - traffic is horrible here too...I see a little old lady with a whistle trying to direct traffic a few blocks away from our house when I go grocery shopping. She must be a little mad, people look at her and smile.

Willow - I'm glad you settled in a place you love. Must make such a difference. And near your DM. So good in so many ways to have your family near. I used to fall asleep at church when I was at boarding school. On Sundays when it used to be long. Used to see my hostel matron nod off too.

Mikie - I get tired too while shopping for groceries. Specially heavy things like lentils. Today I made two runs because I found we were out of so many things. The DH and kids bring a lot of grocery stuff but I'm always needing fresh veggies , meat, eggs.

Yesterday I went shopping for some noodles and Chinese spices and got caught in the rain. I ducked into a restaurant and had me tea and vegetable snacks while I waited out the downpour.

It's down by the big stupa and normally packed but due to covid it was deserted. Just lots of pigeons fluttering around.

Last edited:

Willow77

Hi to All,

I was all ready to go run some errands and then go on to pain class when Mom got a phone call. Junior died. Senior is in bad shape emotionally and needs prayer.

Willow

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Just finished watching a pretty good movie. Our mgr. called and I found out her boss is out of town at some kind of seminar so will give him until Thurs. before I call. He gets back sometime tomorrow. I am really tired just like last time my sinuses got like this. Think I'll go read and catch a nap.

News is showing the two boys who were planning a Columbine type school shooting here. They had all kinds of plans, guns and ammo. They are only 13 and 14 and look like little boys. These are the ones that cops have been called out on more than 80 times between them so obviously they are very troubled kids. They live inland in a small town and there is a lot of crime there.

Sun, this is the same sewer line problem. It backed up all the way into the condos downstairs but there was a crack way out under the pavement by the carport where some roots had grown into it. About 25 feet farther under the street was a big break. The video showed an upright from the car port punching down into the line at one of those points. I'm guessing it's been broken for a long time but only caused a problem when the roots plugged it up. I am stunned at that traffic mess at the school. It's amazing people have not been injured. I am laughing thinking about you with your golf club but it's a really good idea. Swing it at the cars and yell, "Fore"!

Spring, it's too bad things are closed down there. I go shopping early because we have rain in the afternoons and it's so hot. There is every effort to get our economy back on track but there are businesses that have shut down and will not reopen. We have our own little woman who is quite mad. She doesn't direct traffic; she goes out with her walker and talks to herself or someone no one else can see. Can't miss her because she dyes her hair flaming red. She's kinda sad. Most everything tires me out these days and grocery shopping definitely does. I was sooo glad to find the tissues so it was worthwhile. I forgot to get rice. I used all mine drying out my iPad keyboard when it got soaked. Can't believe it still works. Your tea and snacks yesterday sounds nice.

Willow, I'm so sorry to hear the pastor's son died. I will pray for him. Losing a child is more than any parent's heart should have to bear.

DD just texted that they will arrive Fri. evening. Hope I can get to feeling better by then. I'll likely just buy something we can fix to eat here and some wine. We can go out to eat on Sat. I don't know whether they fly back on Sun. or Mon. DGS only goes to school a couple of half days a week. That's not good for kids like him who have to be self-starters when not in class.

Looks as though the storm has made landfall in TX. It appears that Galveston is right in its path. Hope my kids' home there doesn't flood. Hope Granni doesn't get inundated. I think she lives somewhere between Houston and Dallas so maybe it will miss her.

Sending love and warm hugs to everyone.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

HI All,

Can't stay need to go to singing practice in a few minutes. We haven't gotten to much rain maybe 1 1- 1/2 inches or so. It is going off to the East. Haven't contacted DD#3 in Houston but the othe day she was fine she said. Guessing DS is OK as he has not said anything otherwise. The closest to the Gulf got the worst of it when it landed over night. I'll try and get back tomorrow. Went shopping today and did a wash. Then DH was on the computer.

Thanks all for the good words on my upcoming RX. More later. Hope Julie's AMY is finally feeling better and the stenet removal.

Love to awl,
Granni

rockgor

Hi kids. Gordon picked up some books for me at the library. One of them has Maeve Binchy's name on it. But Maeve didn't write the book. Her cousin Dan Binchy did. Maeve says she would
love the book even if her cousin Dan didn't write it. Dan looks very young in his picture. According to the fly leaf he is a farmer and a writer, is married, and has 4 kids. Pretty busy guy.

Springwater, is today a festival day? How about some more pics of your kids? They are so
photogenic. Just like their Mom.

Gordon was exploring a Japanese station on the TV yesterday. He found a wonderful song
titled "Flowers will bloom". You can listen to it on Youtube. He recommends the multinational
version. He also found a wonderful Russian Bass named Vitaly Yushmanov who appeared on the video. He has a lovey voice - for a bass. Now Gordon is dashing off to do some errands.

Mikie, do you think the guy who was worried about RNA really meant DNA? The pumpkins
you posted look like they are made of glass.

Granni, I have no memory any more. Don't know which of us is older. Probably you. You
are certainly wiser and better at cooking and singing.

Anybody else watching Rizzoli and Isles? A great cop show. The cops are both women although
one is a doctor.

Oh, I heard someone downstairs. I hollered down. Anybody home? Gordon said, "NO.

Hugs, Rock

Hey, Barry did you have a chance to read any of Charles Finch books yet. let me know how you like him.

gordon

Last edited:

sunflowergirl

Willow: I’m sorry for your pastor’s grief now. I will ask for comfort for the family that is left. I think that’s the main difference in Protestant and Catholism……once a person has died then that’s it. You can not pray them out of some place. That is why as protestants we believe it’s vitally important that they become believers before they die.

Mikie: I hope you can save up all your energy for this weekend. It will be good to see them again. And I think it’s great that your DGS can get #2.

Spring: NO…..I was just kidding about the whistle. Word would get around the neighborhood about the crazy lady!

Rock: I had to look up RNA as opposed to DNA…..read it….still don’t understand it though. My brain can’t wrap around things that are scientific.

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

We are getting another good rainstorm just like yesterday. No pool in the morning so I can relax with my coffee and watch the network news shows.

Granni, glad you aren't getting too much rain too. I also hope Amy is out of pain.

Rock, Messenger RNA from the virus itself is actually used to make the vaccine. MRNA is like the virus' blueprint of how to replicate itself. It cannot give people the virus but the immune system recognizes it and develops immunity. I think this is why this nut case was saying it changes our RNA. I can understand folks' having misgivings until they learn more but there is no excuse for spread lies and fear like this. I love the pic of those pumpkins. Looks like a watercolor painting. I am getting into a fall mood.

Sun, thanks for your good wishes for DGS and his ability to get his jab now. I think it's mostly so he can travel but I think being fully vaxxed is important. The crazy woman was walking by the pool this morning. I told Barb that might be me in a few years. When I pray, I ask God to hold my deceased loved ones in the palm of His hand. I think He does.

Broadway is reopening in NYC. Everyone, except children, have to show proof of vaccination and everyone has to wear masks. I hope they don't have to shut down again. I hope we can get rid of this illness and get back to normal.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I forgot again to mention the beautiful pumpkins. That style of WC is tricky….you have to drop the right amount of color at the right time so it blends with the other colors. If you’re interested, do a search for Brenda Swenson on youtube. She teaches all over the country and is excellent with explaining and demonstrating. I watched a short video of hers the other day on “continuous” line drawing with a pen. She makes it look so easy…….I find it hard and want to keep picking up my pen.

My DD and SIL have had season tickets for years for the live broadway shows in LA….they now require vac proof and wear a mask so that lets them out. When I think of Willow’s pastor son, I pray that my DD will eventually agree to shots.

springwater

Granni - thanks for letting us know about Amy. And good to know that the storm missed most of where your children live.

My phones have gone out of order so often, I get the cheapest variety. The last phone conked out its torch and camera. My DHs and kids phones behave no better, although they get the very expensive ones. They buy them off friends coming from abroad. I think it must be viruses. They use a lot of the functions. I just use it to phone and surf.

Willow - so sorry to hear about the pastors son. I was thinking even if he survived what kind of life would he have. I pray for his soul and his grieving father and all the others who are bereaved. I pray everyone gets vaccinated and that this thing is destroyed before long.

Mikie - I hope your kids are safe. Its nice that you might be seeing your DD and DGS. I really love the colours of the painting you posted. Amazing what kind of beauty can be conjured up by those with the ability, what kind of beauty is available to be imagined up and enjoyed by the rest.

I hope that sewer problem Jeff mentioned is repaired soon. What a headache. I was looking at the evening sky last evening when returning from an errand. It was dark blue sky peeping out from long wisps of dark grey monsoon clouds. And a hidden moon throwing just enough light to lend a magical effect. Those are the moments I feel life is worth living.

The economy, the weather disasters, the plague all pushed into the background.

Sun - haha. About the lady with the whistle. I'm sorry you missed your arts class. Such interesting people you meet there. I'm sure those at the class tell the same thing about you.

I love the freedom in the western world. There is no age limit to do anything as long as one is able. I remember my MIL scorning a cleaning ladys MIL for trying to learn the harmonium and she was just 50 probably at the time. MIL said whats she doing when she should be looking after her grandkids and with such a sneer on her face.

I read a quote from a holy person saying don't judge a person for mistakes they made in the past, they may have changed in the present time. Im trying to apply it.

Rock - so nice to see your cheery busy post. I must look for a Maeve Binchy. I like slice of life cozy books. If they're set in the country, that's a bonus. If they're set in the 1930s - 1950s, double bonus.

Gordon has a tongue in cheek sense of humour. You two make a pair I must say.

Thank you for the kind words about the family.

A shout out to Barry, Julie and MIAs. Hope you all doing well. Praying for good health, peaceful moments, cheer to be with us all.

God bless

PS - my friend texted me to say she and her sisters were also at the stupa same day eating in a different restaurant and sent me.pics of her meal. My fare was more humble and I spent most of the time looking out the window at the birds.

Attachments

• IMG-20210915-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210915-WA0001.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
  • Love

Mikie

Good Wednesday Morning, Kids,

No pool today. Barb is getting her blood drawn at the lab this morning and then getting the oil changed in her car. We use the same mechanic. I'm glad to be able to dawdle over my coffee. I woke with a headache in the wee hours of the morning and couldn't get back to sleep for a couple of hours. Managed to get a lot of sleep all totaled but I'm tired with this stupid sinus infection again. Back to the colloidal silver. UGH!! SV spent a lot of time snuggled up next to me or on top of me. I missed FJ because I took an antihistamine and fell asleep before it started.

Sun, I figured that kind of WC is tricky. I admire all y'all who can paint in that medium. I'll check Brenda Swenson--thanks! I'll pray your kids get vaxxed too. It's a shame to miss out on so much for lack of a couple of jabs.

Spring, I love your description of the night scene. I also hang onto those simple pleasures that make life worth living even in these troubled times. Sometimes, it's so beautiful outside that I can actually feel it in my chest. It's like something catches there and I am in awe. There is a big board mtg. today and, if they have all the bids for the sewer repair, they will choose a co. to fix it. They will also be okaying the bid to replace the fountain in the little pond behind my lanai. It will still be about a month before it can be ordered and installed. It requires some electrical work before it can be put in. Thanks for your kind good wishes for my kids. I pray for you and your family too. I'm getting hungry just looking at that food.

Sending my hopes that all y'all have a great Hump Day.

Love, Mikie

Yikes! Just got a phishing email from someone posing as Amazon. One clue was that the e-address wasn't Amazon's; it was someone's email acct. It looked like an Amazon email but the English wasn't right in the product description. It was a 'Thank You For Your Order' for an iPhone for $1,499. I marked it as spam and went to Amazon to check my orders. There was none for an iPhone. I get robo phone calls similar to this. I ignore them. I'm so sick of scammers out to rob us.

Last edited:
  • Love

Granniluvsu

Good morning everydobby,
Doing some work on the computer so I thought I would drop by. It is not as easy to work at on my tablet than the computer. DH is at his meeting but will be home soon. Nothing exciting happening except I started a wash not to long ago too so that needs some aattention. When DH comes hom it will be lunch time and maybe work a little in the yard, more like trying to blow the leaves and pine needles off the driveway and i front of our house and then bag it all. Since we have alot of pine and oat trees mostly, thee are lots of leaves and needles. We may have a passing shower sometime this afternoon. I also need to go check Utube for some songs that are pretty new to me for Sunday

ROCK/GORDON, et al - You would love the songs we are practicing for our fall shows, all oldies - like Singing in the Rain, On a Wonderful Day Like Today, Some Gershwin tunes Stardust, Sentimental Journey, some silly and crazy ones like Doggie in the Window, Hernandos Hideaway, Some Broadway Tunes in a medley. Thats all I can a think of that MAY be it. The older people just love these songs esp those in the nsg facilities.

MIKIE - Hope you are feeling a little better. I agree with you on the scammers. I got something in my email a few weeks ago about an item that supposedly had not been paid for. They asked for me to put in my credit card number so they could send it. Could not find anything else and all the stuff had been sent last time. Also, we know that they do not send anything unless it is already paid for by cc or maybe paypal. Wasn't going to do that and not even sure of what I would be paying for, probably going into someones pockets. You have to be so very careful nowadays on anthing that comes of the computer.

SPRING - Yes, that picture of the foods your frirends were eating looked so delicious. Yes, I agree with you on that quote about not judging people. Most times it is easy but then there are times, as you know can be ore difficult.

Gotta run. DH should be home in a few minutes and I need to get off this computer.

Love to everydobby. Hugz to all inc those I have not mentioned.

Love,
Granni

windblade

Hi everyone. Thinking about you all. It's been just about a year since Patti (hangininthere) passed on to heaven. I am so thankful to you all for helping me through that difficult time! I don't know what I would have done without you. Your friendship was such a blessing.

I have been pouring all my energy into my ptsd healing. You know how it is when your energy is so small, and there are big challenges to deal with. The ptsd therapy that I have discovered this late in life is revolutionary for me and others. However, there are so many layers to work through. I am committed to this healing though, and will keep at it, little by little, as my energy allows.

Sending love to each one of you. I keep you all in my prayers. Have not been able to catch up with your news here, but sending blessings to you, and your loved ones. Love, Judy

sunflowergirl

Mikie: I hope you were able to search for Brenda Swenson. She’s a great teacher. She lives in So. Pasadena and I met her years ago when I used to go to a large plein aire painting group. I found another teacher, Laurel Hart, more advanced though, and have been watching her youtube video. It’s over an hr. so I have to keep stopping and going on to other things. My brain can only take in so much. I’m working on a large painting of a banana tree with it’s blossom and small bananas. I’m taking my time. I may go to Michaels for a few more paints that have dried up plus a few more brushes. That’s where my $ goes….artist .supplies and plants.

Judy: what a surprise to see you. I’m happy to read that your therapy is helping. How long have you been talking to this therapist? I’m assuming it’s still zoom? I know Patti died…..but I never got acquainted with her. Life goes on……..

Granni: I also have gotten those scams…..I fell for one once…never again though.

I’ve pretty much been spending my day painting. I think I’ve done a # on my sciatic again? *&^%$#@ we all got a notice on this street to either move our vehicle to another street or be stuck inside from 7-4 on friday. There’s going to be a HUGE crane that will go over houses across from me to repair electric lines. I don’t have any plans for friday but I may still move my van before 7 then walk back home.

And I got the notice from Prohealth that come october all medical info will be removed…..per government demands.

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids,

Fell asleep before FJ again last night. This sinus problem really has me exhausted. There is a small line of rain offshore and I don't know whether it will clear up before we go to the pool. It is headed toward Sanibel which is just west of us. I just heard some thunder so it may be getting closer. Weatherman says it will be over Fort Myers Beach at 7:41. That's about when we get to the pool. The larger storms will be inland this afternoon. I am going to wash my hair and do a wee bit of cleaning in here today. Tomorrow, I'll make a run to Publix. Since my DGS will be spending a lot of time with his friend, I don't know what to buy. Guess I'll assume it will be my DD and me but have enough for him too. I think I'll make some egg salad and get some deli cold cuts for sandwiches. DD eats gluten free which makes it difficult. I like pasta but some of the GF tastes awful.

I woke to no internet. Just unplugged the router and plugged it back in and it's working. I'm not sure whether Mercury is retrograde but I read we are in the shadow of Mercury retrograde. That can cause problems with communications too.

Judy, I'm so sorry you suffer from PTSD but am heartened that you are getting treatment which is helping. I suffered from a form of it and one thing I know is that it can take time to treat. I miss Patti and her wonderful sense of humor and fun. I was just thinking of her the other day. I'm glad you had her for a friend and I know you must miss her. Please come whenever you can; it's always so good to see you here. I keep you in my prayers.

Granni, I don't like typing on my iPad but it's better than on my phone. I actually prefer typing on the screen of the iPad to using the bluetooth keyboard. That's why I wasn't too upset when it fell off and lay in the rain all night. I was shocked when the rice dried it out and it works. I marked that email I got as spam. That causes Yahoo to block all the links in the email from being able to be connected to. Wish there were a place to report it as scam and not just spam.

Sun, I'll check out Laurel Hart. Her name sounds familiar. After my kids go home, I'm gonna see whether or not I can still sketch. My poor pea brain just needs something creative to do. A lot of artists down here do very colorful pics of palm trees from the perspective of being just underneath and close to the fronds. We have some artists who live on Matlacha (pronounced Mat-le-shay). This pic is of Leoma Lovegrove's shop. All the storefronts are painted bright colors. Her wild and colorful prints are sold on tee shirts and all kinds of things at Bealls. Matlacha is part of some small islands not that far from me. There are some good restaurants there too. Those big cranes are fun to watch. I just saw the notice from PH. It is all medical info that is being removed. How sad. Rich Carson, who founded PH and is such a kind person, wrote the letter himself. He has worked so hard to provide accurate info for us. To date, PH has contributed around $5 million dollars toward research and to advocate for recognition of our conditions.

Leoma+Lovegrove+Gallery,+Matlacha+island,+Florida.jpeg

There is a book titled, Chronic, which is written by a patient and a doctor. I think she has Lyme Disease but this doc believes that all these chronic conditions go back to infections. My CFIDS was triggered by a mycoplasma infection. He seems to take a wide spectrum approach to treatment for his patients. He says people can't get well until the infections are treated. That was true with my CFIDS. Unfortunately, the FMS and Sjogren's keep my exhausted. I still think there is a genetic switch or switches that keep our bodies from making the NRG we need. I think the peptide injections instruct our bodies to produce the proteins we need but do not flip the switch, so to speak.

OK, Kiddies, I'm out of here. Hope all y'all have a great day.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:
  • Love