Porch # 1284 is now open 13 Oct, 2021 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Porch # 1284 is now open 13 Oct, 2021

ProHealth CBD Store

springwater

fdc5787efa0467d79208ea4ed06e8bff.jpg

I thought I would save Mikie the time to open a new one. Found this rather restful place. I love the brick and assorted grass.

Granni - I hope your voice comes back all right. After the treatment ends. I didn't notice voice changes in my brother after chemo but he was much younger, 50s perhaps?

Must have been enjoyable singing after quite a gap during covid lockdown.

Rock and Gordon - these are desperate times, i guess there is lack of money especially to support an addiction.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Wednesday Morning, Kids,

Spring, thanks for opening another Porch for us. I've spent most of my time on FB only coming here to respond to posts and check for spammers. I love this beautiful place and would love to spend some peaceful time there.

Gonna go read the paper. Hope you and all our Dear Porchies have a great Hump Day.

Love, Mikie

• Love
Reactions: bct

springwater

Hello All

It's become HOT in the mornings till evening. It's stopped raining.

Yesterday, DH, DS and DD went to a community members double wedding event. I don't know why people are so anxious to get their kids married off even in covid times. I have to say the marriage age has gone up though, kids refusing their parents pressure to marry by 25. They're also focusing on career and financial stability before settling down.

DD said not too many were invited and even those who were didn't attend because its bang in middle of festival. Mikie - the last day of festival is Saturday. Its a five day festival although the beginning is marked eight days before by planting wheat seeds in a container in the house.

I steamed a readymade dumpling packet but had left it out for a while before refrigerating and it became soggy and dumplings melted into each other and became one big puddingy dumpling. I cut it like I would a pie and it was as tasty as an individual during but messy. The filling was cheese and cottage cheese.

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Dear Porchies,

I don't know how many of us are still coming here. I slept nine hours last night. My cough hasn't progressed too much and the worstest part of this cold is the fatigue.

Spring, I hate dealing with crowds. Wonder why they had the weddings during the festival. I think it's good that young people are waiting to get married. I got married too young--19. It was actually good in the beginning but instead of growing together, we eventually grew apart. I have two beautiful DD's, two wonderful DSIL's and a fantastic DGS from the union so I really can't complain. Like all my single friends, I'm happy living alone. I'd rather my marriage had worked out but I make the best of things as they are. I'm laughing at your puddingy dumpling. Is it pudding or is it a dumpling? It's a mystery. :)

Hope you and all our Dear Porchies have a great day.

Love, Mikie

• Love

JBsVINEYARD

Hello Everyone...

It's been a very long time since I've been on Chit Chat. I can't imagine this forum will no longer exist. So Sad. I would like to keep in touch, but I'm not sure about FB and how to get around on it.

Life has been very crazy for me and my family. The worser thing was a mandatory evacuation from Pollock Pines because of the CALDOR fire. We have moved three times during the evacuation. We have now settled in the valley area and so happy to be out of the forest and snow!

I wish you all well and hope you all can stay together. Hopefully, I will be able to figure out FB!

Fondly,
JB

springwater

Hello

Had a bunch of social obligations and tired. Just popped jn to read and found JBs post. I will ask Julie or Mikie to invite her on FB.

God bless

lydia1

Hi guys...came over here to see if anyone had posted...sorry I didn't check sooner. Then went to the facebook group, but didn't see any requests to join.

JB, if you do get on facebook...do a search for "Porch friends and family" and put in a request. But it would also be helpful if you could send me or Mikie a private message on this Prohealth board, so we know who you are when you do a request on facebook. Just make reference to what your facebook name will be when you do that request. It's been fun learning everyone's real names, lol...although you can also ask to friend me personally on facebook (Julie Harbour.) Take care, and hope you make it over there.

Spring, thanks for responding to JB...I'm sure you are exhausted with all the weddings, festivals, etc.

Mikie

Hi, JB,

Just PM'ed you with my email address. We are almost all new at using FB and getting used to it. Please join us.

Love, Mikie

JBsVINEYARD

Hi, JB,

Just PM'ed you with my email address. We are almost all new at using FB and getting used to it. Please join us.

Love, Mikie
Hi Mikie...

Thanks for your help. I will try to join FB in the next couple of days. Not a lot of energy at the moment.
Take care and hope you and everyone else has a fantastic weekend.
Fondly,
JB

Mikie

Dear JB,

So glad you saw my response to you. Please feel better and drop in to the website to request to join. One of us will OK your request as soon as we see it. If you have any questions or problems, email me.

I see we do have a new request to join the FB group but I can't figure out whether it is you. If so, please PM me here or email me.

Love, Mikie

Last edited:

Granniluvsu

Hi MIKIE and everyone,
Nothing much new here. Just came from FB and our Porch family and Friends area. I think we need to be careful with who we invite only because I fear that our friends will be mixed up with all the other friends on FB who were not on PH before.

JB- Looking forwards to you joining . When you message MIKIE give your old screen name also so we know that it is you and compare with the info gotten from that lady who also wants to join. Not sure if she had been on PH or not before.

SPRING - You should be pooped out from all the partying you have had to do lately. I know how it goes, feast or famine. Maybe now you can rest a bit but I know it is fun to get out and party once in awhile..

WILLOW - Hope you and your mom are doing well and you are having less pain. I need a pain class to but wouldn't get out and find one and then take it. Is this a free class?? Hope it helps you.

JULIE - Glad you are feeing better but try not to over do, you too MIKIE!!

Hope everyone has a great day today and week to come. Will try and get back here tomorrow. It is not always easy to get o the computer and then make both FB and pH in one day . DH will be in and out tomorrow so maybe I can in between chores. Almost forgot our cleaning lady comes tomorrow afternoon so I need to get ready for her too. Thinking of everyone inc those not mentioned before.

Love to awl,
Granni

Mikie

Hi, Granni,

If JB MP's me or emails me, she can give me her info. Until then, I can't okay the person who requested to join the FB group. We want to keep it for people here. There are a lot of people on FB who are looking for people to friend or groups to join. They can join other groups if they want but ours is a private group.

Not sure I'll be doing my daily messages on FB. It just isn't the same as here. I'll check others' messages and respond and like but I just feel as though I'm posting in a void there.

Hope you are doing well.

Love, Mikie

springwater

Hello All

Well, festival is officially over but unofficially not. People try to visit as many relatives to receive blessings from the older ones and large families cannot fit in visits in one or two days.

Mikie, this festival celebrates triumph of good over evil for Hindus in general but also is a celebration for families to get blessings from their elders for Nepalese in particular. They do a prayer ritual and then the oldest member sits on a dais or chair and all other members form a queue and receive red vermilion mark on their forehead and a gift of money from eldest. A red strip of cloth and a white one is tied around the neck of younger family members too.Then they have a feast.

This year there was too much going on, a death in the clan members family, two double weddings, DHs uncle was too exhausted to hold the tika ceremony. It would entail cooking a feast for all invitees and aunt was not upto it. (I think). I had rung her up regarding visiting a relative who had a baby and suggested this year she needn't call anyone. I think she agreed.

Instead, me and DH, kids visited the new parents. And of course baby. We were trying to avoid making the hosts cook a meal so visited during late afternoon but the granny still made some snacks and meat. It is still unofficially festival time.

Granni - its nice your cleaning lady can come. My compound needs a good raking. And no idea when i will be able to.

Mikie - I have no idea if anyone sees my general posts on FB which I post in Porch family. I know my comments to members posts get seen. It's like a maze there. You post something it goes into some place where you cannot find it next time.

I'm glad potential members are being vetted. I got a notification that I got a message from infinity springwater when I am that. And my computer went crazy when I was trying to post that so others would know. Also got a request from Sun's handle to be friends when I was already friended. It makes me suspicious that a virus might be attached by someone hacking in her ID. FB is not safe at all.

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Spring,

FB is always way behind in sending those notices through email. I always get two whenever my DSIL posts something. Yes, sometimes it does feel like a maze over there. Thanks for the info on the festival. I like it that things there concentrate on family and ancestors. Seems we are less family oriented here. So many, especially in FL, do not live close to our kids. DD posted some pics in Paris on FB. I'm glad they are having a good time. They leave for London on Wed. Hope the traffic is cleared up there from all the visits to family.

Love, Mikie

Willow77

Hi Granni,
The pain class is free but the Dr. visits and PT that are mandatory are not. I have a $35 co-pay but with the Covid they are allowing phone visits for the psychologist and the pain Dr. appts and I don't pay for phone visits. I only have to go in for the PT and then pay the co-pay. I don't know any other HMO's that are doing Pain Class like Kaiser is and even the different locations that have the program, the classes are different. Our Psychologist did a big successful research program at a prison and has a lot of other creds as well. Out of 3 times in the program, at 3 different locations, this is the best program. But then I am in the right place mentally now. The first program was scrapped and reworked because they weren't doing the teaching that they should have done. The second program was excellent and helped a lot but they didn't have the experience that the Psychologist here has as a researcher. I wasn't happy about giving up the pain meds in 2017 but now I am so glad that I did. I have a lot of days with pain but I am better equiped and know what to do now. I got a mesh back support for when sitting on the couch and what a difference. There are a lot of ergonomic aids that can make a big difference.

Granniluvsu

Hi, Granni,

If JB MP's me or emails me, she can give me her info. Until then, I can't okay the person who requested to join the FB group. We want to keep it for people here. There are a lot of people on FB who are looking for people to friend or groups to join. They can join other groups if they want but ours is a private group.

Not sure I'll be doing my daily messages on FB. It just isn't the same as here. I'll check others' messages and respond and like but I just feel as though I'm posting in a void there.

Hope you are doing well.

Love, Mikie
Hi Granni,
The pain class is free but the Dr. visits and PT that are mandatory are not. I have a $35 co-pay but with the Covid they are allowing phone visits for the psychologist and the pain Dr. appts and I don't pay for phone visits. I only have to go in for the PT and then pay the co-pay. I don't know any other HMO's that are doing Pain Class like Kaiser is and even the different locations that have the program, the classes are different. Our Psychologist did a big successful research program at a prison and has a lot of other creds as well. Out of 3 times in the program, at 3 different locations, this is the best program. But then I am in the right place mentally now. The first program was scrapped and reworked because they weren't doing the teaching that they should have done. The second program was excellent and helped a lot but they didn't have the experience that the Psychologist here has as a researcher. I wasn't happy about giving up the pain meds in 2017 but now I am so glad that I did. I have a lot of days with pain but I am better equiped and know what to do now. I got a mesh back support for when sitting on the couch and what a difference. There are a lot of ergonomic aids that can make a big difference.
HI Mikie,

Yes I agree with you that is what I have been saying. It is different and we have to be careful about who we let in. I think all the friends get mixed up with the Porch friends which is what we don't want. Yes, it is very different in many ways but it is something unless we find something else. I need to run and get ready for singing practice. So, I can't stay. Bye for now.

Love,
Granni

Mikie

Seems as though our Porchies just aren't as interested in posting on FB. It's a shame because we have all been friends for so many years. I am finding the FB format easier to navigate the more I use it. It will never be like this format but if we check it out each day, we can comment and keep up with it. I know some days we can't make it there but it seems as though we are losing Porchies. I hope not.

Love, Mikie

• Sad

springwater

Hello all

Mikie - it may just be people are busy. I think they will post when they can, the other porch is still up, I can see Barry's footprints there. And of course, Willow has stopped in..

It's our Full Moon butt it's not visible right now, it's raining, such a nasty surprise for those trekkers who have come from abroad after booking their trekking holidays. It is normally beautiful weather.

The newspaper reported that farmers paddy are getting spoilt because of the unseasonable rain.

Willow - how lovely to go on an apple orchard seeing drive. The costume party sounds like great fun.
I would love to go to costume party a fairy..gauze wings and all.

Mikie - a shame you cant go to the pool. Even I cannot stand cold cold water for swimming,otherwise I enjoy it.
That salt cave place sounds interesting. Most of our Tibetan elders have had to give up Tibetan salt tea. It as butter in it too, and many have hypertension and sugar issues so they've had too give it up.

Julie - those kittens are. So cute. They're lucky to have so much outdoors and. Be assured of a meal

Sun - how did the grands visi go? I hope you are not exhausted. With the flooring work and all to take care of

Gordon - is your paper work filing for the
report of the car brreak in over? I suppose you are tired running around. And anxious.especially Rock.

Barry - how are things up there in your beautiful place? Are you getting rain? I bought a book by Doris Lessing I m enjoying it it's short essays.

God Bless

Mikie

Hi, Spring,

I responded to your post on FB. I saw on the national weather that there is a big weather system in the Pacific Ocean bringing a lot of rain and even snow to our West Coast. CA is sposda get it but I don't know whether it will get as far south as LA. They could really use some relief from the drought. CO is already getting snow in the mountains too. All that helps with the snow pack that melts in the Spring to provide water for the cities and farms down river. We have been through sooo much in this world that we need a break. Actually, a lot of breaks.

So good to see you posting.

Love, Mikie

Granniluvsu

Hi there MIKIE, SPRING, and Everydobby else,

I think Spring may be right as I have had a hard time getting on when I want to,, due to DH or in the middle of something else or feeling to pooped to participate. Also one may be in pain or feeling awful and do not want to post or maybe even read at times. It can be a bit frustrating at times, I know especially using a strange new system in FB. We also know that certain people do not always post every day or even every other so who knows but it is something to really consider especially when dealing with people on our old board who do not feel well and trying to keep up with their lives in all spectrums.

MIKIE - You are right about lots of breaks. I haven't had that many today just busy on and off all day.

SPRING - So nice to hear from you in your neck of the woods or world. Keep on doing so when you can. I have lots of things I needed to do and didn't get to a lot of them. Keep getting interrupted by DH with some other project or idea he has. The guy who is supposed to come and blow the roof and other areas still hasn't show up. Of course we have no phone number either. They are Hispanic and pretty hard working but they are also way behind, he said. So we just wait for him. Tomorrow another guy is supposed to come for something else. So who knows . Hope both do not come at the same time.

SUN - Hope you are doing OK and not in lots of pain like you had been.

JULIE - I hope that the chiro can help you. Wish he was here . Maybe he could help me in some way.

WILLOW - Hope your psych pain dr appt goes well today and hope he can help you. That Halloween party at your church sounds interesting and probably fun . It would be fun for me if I didn't have to make something. LOL Not sure DH would really enjoy it though.

Hi to everyone else, like Gordon/ROCK and whoever else have not mentioned. Please forgive me. My brain is like a sieve like my mom used to say. I posted on FB but it is harder to follow like PH, and the newer posts. Gotta run. I keep waiting for the day when I try and get on PH and then it will be gone. It will be very sad !!!

Love to all,
Granni