ROCK'S STORY TIME | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

ROCK'S STORY TIME

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Here is Rock's message that Windblade requested be moved to its own thread so we can do an add-on story. Everyone can participate so have at it...I'll start.

rockgor

Yesterday at 1:17 PM

OK, Kids. Here is a small example of an add on story. Suddenly the lights went out, there was the sound of two gunshots, and Minnie Pearl stuck her head through the open window and hollered, "How-Dee!"

Now the next poster adds a sentence which may continue the story or start it off in a totally different direction. As in, "The fire continued to spread." or "Richie fell out of the swing, and
alarmed his mother."

Nothing much going on here. I am reading a book by Debbie Macomber. She's the kind of writer that used to move my mother to ask, "Good Grief! She writes so many books...does she write them in her sleep?" This book lists 100s of her books. The one I'm reading starts in the late 40s and comes right
up to the present. Reminds the reader of lots of history; good and bad.

Gordon just brought me my pills. He brings me 14 a day. Just for fun I'm putting them beside the
computer. See how long it takes for him to start barking orders. "Take Your Pills!"

Kreon, Welcome to the Board.

Hugs everybody.
Rock

Mikie

People didn't know whether this was all part of the show at The Grand Old Opry but it certainly wasn't the usual entertainment they were expecting...

sunflowergirl

and everyone was settling down to enjoy the entertainment until a heavy set man staggered onto the stage covered with blood

bct

And suddenly Minnie screamed "murder, MURDER!" and the heavy set man with strange orange hair collapsed , then he stood up again and walked slowly off the stage, waving and bowing; Minnie screamed "Fake, FAKE".

Last edited:

Mikie

People were torn between being fascinated and scared to death but, when they tried to run, they found they couldn't move. They sat frozen in their seats.

Mikie

There was suddenly music filling the building but it wasn't coming from the band or any of the guest musicians. The music was beautiful but eerie and the beings of light started to move and shimmer to the music.

windblade

As the shimmering beings began moving to the music, people rose from their seats and joined in a beautiful and intricate dance.

rockgor

Hi Folks, Just came in from working in the garden. Gordon is still out there. We harvested the last
of the cherry tomatoes today.

Howdee! That last film by Ken Burns was shown here in little segments. One of them was on Minnie
Pearl aka Saraha Ophelia Colley Cannon. She did pretty well for a hillbilly. Was a multimillionaire
and lived in the nicest home in Nashville. The Queen of local society.

I saw her live when I was a teen at a large church gathering in Minnesota. I didn't understand what she was doing there. Still don't. But she was fun.

Well, I'm not getting any help from this computer. There are reportedly some Minnie Pearl
museums, but haven't been able to find one yet.

Rock

springwater

Suddenly there was a loud clap of thunder and a great explosion of exquisite white light. An old man appeared carrying a scroll from where he read out...

windblade

...what could be words, but sounded more like water slowly flowing over pebbles. A gentle, musical sound. He saw that the audience was not understanding him, and turned the dial on a small tuning device he was carrying, and then in English, they heard.....

springwater

break for tea and magic mushrooms cream puff pie at Alinas Tea Shoppe. Alinas Tea Shoppe was one of those quaint little tea shops which seem to have bypassed the onward march of time into modernity. It was cool shadowy even when bright sunlight lit the streets outside and baked the pavement. Low round metalwork glass topped tables with comfortable wicker chairs padded with plump printed cushions. An old ticktock clock in the shape of an owl hung

windblade

...on the wall, and the sound suddenly changed from a mechanical ticking to the whooowhoooo of a real owl. What was happening?

Mikie

Could it be possible that the clock was changing into a real owl? It was and not only that, everything in the Alinas Tea Shoppe started to come alive, even the tables and chairs. What was happening indeed.

windblade

This was not life as usual in Nashville, Tennesee. As people exited from The Grand Ole Opry, they noticed that the sun and moon were out at the same time. The light was softly golden tinged with silver. There was a sense of well-being, even joy in everyone, young and old.

springwater

Everyone was mystified. Had they slipped into a vortex and found themselves in a different dimension? Were they experiencing a time slip?

Mikie

Someone in the group remembered reading about a dimensional change to the planet that appeared in an ancient text that was found in a cave in Egypt. No one took it seriously at the time.