song lyrics game #3 CLOSED | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

song lyrics game #3 CLOSED

ProHealth CBD Store

gb66

hearts full of passion, jealousy and hate
woman loves man and man must have his mate
that no one can deny.

(boy, I used to sing that at piano bars, but do you think I can remember it now?)

It's still the same old story, a fight for love and glory, a case of do or die,
the world will always welcome lovers, as time goes by.

(well......it's slowly coming back to me, but I don't dare try to repair this post because it's taken me 4 times of saving changes and trying to type more)
Sunflowergirl, You got it! I am trying to remember the beginning. "You must remember this, a kiss is still a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh, the fundamental things apply as time goes by".

gb66

Freida, I did survive the storm. We only had some heavy rain, thunder and lightening. It lasted about an hour or so. We were fortunate.

Rock, remember Humphrey Bogart? He was in Caasablanca with Ingrid Bergman. Loved them both.

That song Moonlight and Roses rings a bell. I can't remember any of the lyrics though.

gb66

Freida,

This is so much fun! Music elicits so many wonderful memories. Like smells bring back memories......the smell of bread fresh out of the oven, and the smell of lilacs. These always bring back to me good memories. I use music as a tool a great deal in my work. A resident with dementia may forget how to do many things, may forget who people are, or where they are.......but if you once begin to sing a chorus of "You Are My Sunshine", it's totally amazing to watch the lights go on and the resident begin to sing with you. Music is great medicine! :) For all of us.

Dar

Dar, Music does bring back some wonderful memories (and sometimes bittersweet ones too). I used to love to hear the choir sing and to sing at church. I'm not able to go now and sometines I replay the hymns in my head. If I concentrate, I can hear the choir and piano and most of the words come back to me.

I sang in the church choir when I was younger and also all through high school and junior high in the chorus. I loved it so much. We put on performacnes in places in our city. GB66

Last edited:

gb66

Here's an idea I had the other day. Don't know if anyone wants to do this though. The Christmas song, The Twelve Days of Christmas, line by line. It's always been a hard one to remember.

If we go line by line and don't repeat the other lines maybe it will work. Example: "On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a partrdige in a pear tree."

Now, someone else, fill in: "On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me,..........

Did I explaine it right? GB66

Soul*

Two calling birds and a partridge in a pear tree
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me....

Darrae

Hi!

On the Third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
Three french hens,
Two turtledoves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.................Bada bada bah!:)

sunflowergirl

"four calling birds, 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

On the 5th day of christmas my true love sent to me, 5 gold rings (my favorite part of the whole song)

Darrae

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
6 geese a laying,
5 golden rings,
4 calling birds,
3 french hens,
2 turtledoves,
and a partridge in a pear tree. :D

rockgor

I'm mit Freida. Used to know all that stuff. Now I know nothin'.

But I kinda think the ladies come after the Lords. Joan Sutherland recorded that song some
decades ago. Her version had one small change that made a big impact. On "five golden
rings" she hit a super high note. No one else sings it that way. Saw her with the Met
half a century ago. She was phenomenal.

Got her autograph on a program after the performance. Leaving the theater shortly
thereafter, I saw her being driven away in a limo. The traffic cop also saw her. He put
up his hand and stopped the limo. Then he went over to get an autograph. Apparently
nobody had anything for him to sign. He yanked off his cap, pulled out the cardboard,
and the diva graciously autographed that. Wonder if he still has it. I don't have
any of the autographs I collected over the years. Moved too many times, I guess.

BTW, gb66 (May I call you GB?) "Rick" and "Ilsa" sometimes appear in the crosswords.
Read the biographies of Bogart and Bergman. They both seemed very talented but
seriously flawed. He liked to drink and get into fights. She was carried away with the
notion of romance and messed up two families (that had children). Kinda irresponsible
for a 35 year old woman. Eventually she returned to stardom in Hollywood.

Rock

gb66

I'm mit Freida. Used to know all that stuff. Now I know nothin'.

But I kinda think the ladies come after the Lords. Joan Sutherland recorded that song some
decades ago. Her version had one small change that made a big impact. On "five golden
rings" she hit a super high note. No one else sings it that way. Saw her with the Met
half a century ago. She was phenomenal.

Got her autograph on a program after the performance. Leaving the theater shortly
thereafter, I saw her being driven away in a limo. The traffic cop also saw her. He put
up his hand and stopped the limo. Then he went over to get an autograph. Apparently
nobody had anything for him to sign. He yanked off his cap, pulled out the cardboard,
and the diva graciously autographed that. Wonder if he still has it. I don't have
any of the autographs I collected over the years. Moved too many times, I guess.

BTW, gb66 (May I call you GB?) "Rick" and "Ilsa" sometimes appear in the crosswords.
Read the biographies of Bogart and Bergman. They both seemed very talented but
seriously flawed. He liked to drink and get into fights. She was carried away with the
notion of romance and messed up two families (that had children). Kinda irresponsible
for a 35 year old woman. Eventually she returned to stardom in Hollywood.

Rock
Rock, Yes, You may call me GB. I remember the scandal with her. It was a big deal back then, Guess it was in the '50s. One of her daughters is a model.

gb66

Rock, Yes, You may call me GB. I remember the scandal with her. It was a big deal back then, Guess it was in the '50s. One of her daughters is a model.
I'm glad every one's enjoying the song! After "5 golden rings", I get lost.

gb66

I know there are Lord's a leaping, maids a milking, geese a laying, swans a swimming, pipers piping, but never have been able to get them in order. Oh, and drummers drumming. If someone know them all in the correct order they will get a big gold star (or something) lol

rockgor

Very Good, BG!

Head a spinning
Back a aching
Feet a swelling
Legs a hurting
Teeth decaying
Eyes a blurring

And a lotta meds in the pantry!

Rock

windblade

" A kiss is just a kiss
But just remember this
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by"

"Oh when the saints go marching in, Oh when the saints go marching in,
I will be among their number
When the saints go marching in".

Sunflower - you used to sing in piano bars! How amazing.

Rock - did you write a song about out lives????

rockgor

Hi Windblade

Good ta see ya. No, I didn't write a song about our lives. I merely added one line to
the creation of GB66.

I like the Weavers' version of "Saints Go Marchin' in". They sing some lyrics most other
singers leave out:

We are traveling in the footsteps
Of those who've gone before.
But we'll all be reunited
On a new and sunlit shore.

Chorus

Oh, when the new world is revealed.
Oh, when the new world is revealed.
Oh Lord I want to be in that number,
When the new world is revealed.

Chorus

Ronnie Gilbert gave the Weavers their distinctive sound, just as Judith Durham did
for the Seekers. And Glen Yarbrough did for the Limeliters. Isn't it great we have
recordings and Youtube?!

Rock

Darrae

Nine ladies dancing
eight lords a leaping
seven swans a swimming
six gees a laying
five golden rings
four calling birds
three french hens
two turtle doves
and a partridge in a pear tree....