State Capitals #2 | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

State Capitals #2

ProHealth CBD Store

windblade

Hi GB - we're playing tag tonight. Just caught your post on the Songs game. Grrrr - was going to guess that - you beat me by minutes. Not very competitive, am I?:rolleyes:

Are you guys up to the N's yet? New Jersey is Trenton.

And now I consider myself well-educated knowing the capitol of Florida is Smallville, and Oz is in Kansas.

Glad I finally learned my states.

gb66

Diane, What song was that. I forgot. I think we're still working on the never ending M's. But Trenton, New Jersey sounds right to me. The capital of Michigan is Lansing. My grandmother always gave me clues to the capitals when I got stuck. I'll never forget her saying "What does a doctor do to a pimple?" He lances it, according to Mama. lol True story.

gb66

On to Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana.

Then: If anyone still wants to play: lol

New Jersey (Trenton), New Mexico, New York, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Hampshire.

P.S. How do you put smiley faces on a post? Thanks.

Soul*

How to put smileys on a post:
Step 1 take a mirror
Step 2 give yourself your most beautiful smile:)
Step 3 Click on the smiley face in the bar above where you are typing
Step 4 Pick the smiley that most resembles your face
Step 5 click it

:D;)

rockgor

Let's see the hands of all those who think we should start a new thread. Ok, (counting).
I thought so.

To post a smiley face, :p
just click on the smile icon above the posting box. Then click on the face you want. It
will appear wherever you cursor is. If this procedure does not work for you, try
cursing loudly.

This thread is closed. Move to Volume 3, please.

Rock

Soul*

Is volume 3 in the state of Confusion? :p

Moves to lalaland instead, I have to practise my Z key ;)

rockgor

Yes, Trenton is the capital of New Jersey. When George Washington and his troops
crossed the Delaware River they went to Trenton to fight the British troops.
(Which were actually Hessian mercenaries.) That was Christmas 1776.

And if you've watched the episode where Lucy and Ricky are on the radio quiz
show, you know that Washington said, "I have to sit down. I feel sick."

Rock

Soul*

I know a song about Mississipi but it's about the river and doesn't have a city in it I think... hmmmm

OOOOH OOOOH it DOES have a city. How about Greenville?

Last edited:

gb66

Hi Freida, I hope you're feeling better now. You sound really good, (although I can't hear you!).

I'm going to guess Jackson, Mississippi. Not sure about the spellings. I think someone posted Jefferson City, Missouri. I couldn't remember that one.

gb66

So the M's are: Helena, Montana, Jackson, Mississippi, Jefferson City Missouri, Annapolis, Maryland, Lansing, Michigan, St. Paul Minnesota, Augusta, Maine, Boston Massachusetts.

rockgor

Hi Soul, thanks for the video. Is that song named "Mississippi"?. Did you notice it's in
3D? I once posted on Youtube about a video being in 3D. Some gal told me it wasn't because
you didn't need special glasses to see it. Kinda made me wonder if she knew the world
was in 3D.

I can't think of any more states where I know the capital. "It might be this or that" is about
the best I can do on the ones that are left. I always thought those little New England
states were the hardest to keep track of.

Rock

Just thought of one that is famous for various reasons. Concord, New Hampshire.
The concord grape and the concord covered wagon both come from there. And
there were several famous writers who lived there including Louisa May Alcott.

Last edited:

Soul*

Yep Rock, that's what it is called, douxe points :D

I just never understood they sang Greenville :p I thought it was something like dream ville or something...