State Capitals | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

State Capitals

ProHealth CBD Store

gb66

These kinds of things are supposed to help us keep our brains functioning??? It gives me a headache to concentrate so hard. lol

I play Word Bubbles on the Parade Magazine site and that is a challenge for me. Try it sometime. I also like Text Twist and Jeopardy, (and Spider Solitaire to relax.)

These are online somewhere. I cannot play any of the games with bright flashing lights or matching little colored squares. My grown daughter plays those online. Things with too many light changes and contrasts give me ocular migraines. You don't want those. GB

Soul*

Colorado: Denver??? (I think I heard this in a song somewhere too... Denver Colorado?) Hmmmm... :confused:
Hawaii: Honolulu?
Texas: Dallas? (just recalling everything American from my childhood) Or is that Houston? San Antonio? I had a penpall there before there was such a thing as internet and home computers :p

I'm just wild guessing hoping I'll be right some time :p

And no gb we definitely don't want you to get migraines or headaches playing any games. Best to simply use your creative part of the brain then that makes up things on the go. Less accurate but double the fun :D

Last edited:

Soul*

Not quite Leah, I have been to Florida a few times too :p I was already sick then so it was lovely but also horrible at the same time because of all the suffering I caused myself. I think that was actually the last time I travelled when I decided it was no longer safe for either myself or others around me.

If I remember correctly I was there during Andrew. The wall I waited against on the bus collapsed the next day. I believe the olympics where also on then.

It took me a while to accept that travelling was no longer a good idea and caused to much increase in the suffering that I just couldn't recover from anymore. We all know how hard it is to take steps back, and more steps back and more steps back untill there are no longer any steps left but merely a roll over ;)

But hopefully we all know by now too how rewarding it is when you did enough steps back to be able to manage at least a little again where you can keep a stage of where your mood isn't constantly thrown of simply because of just pushing yourself to hard. And where there are days of being able to take a small step forward. Hurraaaaah for those days when we are also able to not 'party' to hard that we drop back again :D

Totally agree with you, so glad this homebound bedbound board came about! So glad someone had the wits to suggest it and it got accepted! We should throw a party next year for that I think to celebrate the aniversary :)

Last edited:

gb66

Okay, now the capital of Florida is Tallahassee, New York is Albany, Colorado is Denver, Maine is Agusta, Texas is Austin, Delaware is Dover, Connecticut is Hartford, Hawaii is Honolulu, Georgia is Atlanta, and some others that we've done that I can't think of. lol

Lets try Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa! Anyone?

Even though we do this for fun it's amazing how many of these stick in my mind afterwards.

gb66

Freida, I'm sorry you're having so many problems right now with your throat. I really feel for you. Do you still feel weak? Maybe you're not getting enough to eat because of the swallowing difficulties. I pray it gets better soon. GB

gb66

Howdy

Delaware is Dover. Easy to remember because of the alliteration. My brother and
his boys used to put out Halloween decorations that included fake tombstones.
The "deceased" on one of them was "Ben Dover".

GB, you had one of those wooden puzzles too! I'm shocked. Never saw another one
anywhere, anytime. Figured we had the only one in the universe. Yes, you're right
about CA and AL.

Soul, I missed the "last name of Obama" quiz. Too funny! Funny and sad.

Colorado. Mikie might know. Connecticut.

Adios
Rock
Rock, I like the Ben Dover one. Have you ever heard of the law firm of Dewey Cheatum and Howe?

Soul*

Wooohooo I was right about Denver Colorado and Hawaii, does a happy dance :D

Haha nope I didn't know New York after all, would have never even guessed :p

Yes I have been very lucky to have been able to do my part of travelling in my younger years. When being creative in living on a low budget a lot is still possible until health determins otherwise.

Leah, yes I do believe there is progress even in the steps back. Life has a way of telling us we are pushing to hard and usually we have to step back beyond where we thought we had to step back. I don't know about FM but I know for ME/CFS this is the case. For me the experience has been that learning to push myself into stepping back further then I would wish hope or dream to have to step back is the part where the breathing space starts to come in again. But it's hard painful and NO fun to have to step back that far. But if it helps it helps.

I'm extremely stubborn, and have a lot of will power that gets and keeps me, in for people with ME unhealthy situations, so letting go of what I wanted to do and force myself into finding new ways to do things instead of holding on to what and how I want to do things, has been and still is a daily lesson to learn. But when seeing all of the brave people on here I think we are doing a mighty fine job on learning that lesson. And even though I would wish all of us an easier life with better health I'm glad I got to meet you all because of it.

Stares cluelessly at:
Indiana,
Illinois hmmmmm tosses in some more very wild guesses.... how about Saint Louis? I don't even know if that is in that state....
Iowa.... Wyoming??? Or is that another state?

Oh and I'm gonna toss another one in that is in a song I think:
Tennessee: Memphis (probably not the capital either but still)

Last edited:

gb66

Soul, I love the positive way you look at things. It really is about what we have left, not what we have lost. This board is really helping me in so many ways. I needed to connect with others, especially those with similar problems and such great attitudes!

I like playing all the games too. I've always enjoyed games. I used to play lots of board games with my kids when they were teenagers. We liked monopoly, and yahtzee especially. Also used to play pick-up sticks with one of my daughters. We would sit at the kitchen table till all hours on the week end.

You're doing great on the states. Where in Florida did you visit. I've been all over Fla. Love it there. Wish I could go back and live there near the coast. GB

Soul*

GB I don't quite remember the names of the places. I've been to Tampa and Englewood and somewhere all the way in the South but I don't remember what it was called. I'll look at the map to see if I see a familiar name. That place where Andrew Charley knocked over that wall was on my way down...

I looked at the map and it was Tampa, Orlando, Englewood and Naples or around there. Andrew hit the day after I travelled South I believe. Actually it was Charley. Charley hit during olympics and hit Punta Gorda which was on my way down or up the day after I traveled to or from Naples. Nowadays my world has shrunk considerably :p

Last edited:

gb66

Where did you go in Tampa? I lived there for many years. It's a big city now. If I could live in Fla. again I'd like to live in a smaller city, maybe a small beach community.

Soul*

Oh my gosh gb I'm glad I could simply remember I was in Tampa :p I think I flew in via Tampa and not sure of the area where I stayed for a few days. I was to sick to go around much then already so stayed at one place trying to recover a little before flying back home. It must have been somewhere near E Bush Boulevard. I remember being very embarresed because I didn't have anything clean to wear anymore and I got a remark about it.

rockgor

Hi Kids

Went to the chiropractor today. Brought home a National Geographic Mag from 1938.
A B&W photo shows the capitol building in Santa Fe, New Mexico, which is described as
"Our oldest capital city."

Adios
Rock

Soul*

Wow Rock, that is so cool, could well be a collectors item! Someone has been waiting there for a terribly long time :p