WHAT'S MY LINE | Page 2 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

WHAT'S MY LINE

ProHealth CBD Store

rockgor

27 The Bells of St. Mary's
28 She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain

29 The sun'll come out tomorrow
30 Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor

31 Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory
32 M is For the Million things She Gave Me

Rock

gb66

It actually bit her ankle and she did exactly what you're NOT supposed to do. She ran home. You're supposed to lie still and let your companion go for help. She panicked. The girls were about 12 years old at the time so I can understand how they reacted. Thankfully, when my sister found the one in our watermelon patch, she wasn't bitten. It was just a little one though. Grandma killed it with a shovel. GB

gb66

27. I hear they are ringing/calling?

28. When she comes: She'll be driving 6 white horses when she comes.....

29. Bet your bottom dollar.....

30. Your huddled masses yearning to breath free, the wretched refuse of you teeming shore, send these the homeless tempest tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door. (Hope that's right). (Beautiful words and still true today).

31. Of the coming of the Lord, He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored.....

32. O is only that she's growing old....

gb66

33. Tell me why, tell me why, why do fools ......

34. I saw the harbor lights.....

35. Get your motor running, head out on the highway....

36. Guess mine is not the first heart broken, my eyes are not the first to cry....

37. Slip out the back Jack, then make a new plan Stan....

Last edited:

dmcduck

GB and Rock - I have a rather eclectic taste in music and was raised on everything from classical through jazz/swingtime/big bands through Perry Como and Peggy Lee and the like, and on into the pop/rock/disco of the 70's. Around the early 90's I quit listening to pop and went back to 60's and 70's music.

As for the Verdi Requiem, I performed in it in 2011 in a 10-year remembrance of 9-11. We also performed the Mozart Requiem that year. I can still sing most of both of them by heart (yep, including the Dies Irea!).

36 I'm not the first to know there's just no getting over you...hopelessly devoted to you. Be darned if I can remember who sings it.

37 Don't need to be coy, Roy, just get yourself free 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon

gb66

Yep Duckie. Olivia Newton John sang 'Hopelessly Devoted to You' in Grease.

My favorite music when I was a teen, was classical piano. I had a record of Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #2 that I listened to almost every day. I think I was obsessed with it. It was by the Philadelphia Orchesta with Eugene Ormandy conducting and Eugene Istomin on the piano. I completely wore out the record but was able to replace it a few years ago with a copy from ebay! Then, I had to buy a little record player (turn table) for it. :) GB

Last edited:

rockgor

Hello, fellow music lovers

GB, you got 27 through 32 correct. Is "Fall in love" correct for number 33? Don't know
the others.

Duckie, I agree; very eclectic. Btw. I don't think they used electricity in recording until
the mid 1920s. Olivia Newton John sang Hopelessly Devoted in Grease. I read Sandy
was from a Catholic school in the stage production, but in the movie they moved her
all the way to Australia. Funny, she didn't talk like an Aussie.

We played "Give Me Your Tired" in band, but we knew nothing about the song. I
assumed it was like most patriotic songs: old. But it was actually from a 1949 Musical
by Irving Berlin. I used to have the record. I could only find two good songs in the
score. The other one was Let's Take An Old Fashioned Walk. You can hear the original singers on You Tube. Name of the musical is Miss Liberty.

Rock

gb66

Number 34 is Harbor Lights. and # 35. is Born to be Wild!

The others are all correct.

Rock, We sang Give Me Your Tired in jr. high school chorus. It's a moving song. We had a program with lots of patriotic music. It was called 'Let Your Light'. All about the statue of libertey. I wonder if they still do that kind of music in school? GB

dmcduck

38. Just a simple little ditty, in her good old Irish way
39. Sun lights up the day time, moon lights up the night
40. If you ever go down Trinidad, they make you feel so very glad

rockgor

38 And I'd give the world if I could hear her sing that song today. Haven't heard
"Too Ra Loo Ra Loo La" for decades. Used to have lots of Irish and Scottish records including one by Bing Crosby that included this old favorite. Like my surname,
Crosby is both Irish and Scottish. My great-great-grandfather came from Ireland.

Rock

rockgor

Don't know 39 and 40, Duckie.

41 Forget Your Troubles
42 I Was Born in Saginaw, Michigan

43 When you're weary, Feeling Small
44 I've looked at Clouds From Both Sides Now

45 And you know, The sun's setting fast.
46 See the pyramids along the Nile

Keep humming, Kids.
Rock

Soul*

2 Why you don't you get of my blue suede shoes

3 I don't know the next line but it's you where always on my mind song right?

10 There's no business I know...

13 Watching the tide roll away

19 Land me your ears and I'll sing you a song and I'll try not to sing out of key.

21 Tell me why I don't like mondays. ??

28 Singing ay ay yippee ay ay yippee yippee YAY

29 that tomorrow will be fine...

33 fall in love

35 Looking for adventure, whatever comes our way

36 And now there's nothing to hide when you pushed my love aside.

40 Calipso sing and tralala.... drinking rum and coca cola

43 I don't know the next line but is it bridge over troubled water?

NEW

47 Oh we ain't got a barrel of money

48 From a distance the earth looks

OLD All combined somewhat:

1 That fateful night the car was stalled

2 Well, it's one for the money, two for the show, THREE TO GET READY, NOW GO CAT GO Why you don't you get of my blue suede shoes

3 Some say love; it is a river

4 Oh, Give me a home: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM

5 Clang, clang, clang went the trolly.
Ding, ding, ding went the bell, zing, zing, zing went my heartstrings, from the moment I saw him I fell....

6 Come Away With Me, Lucille. In my merry Oldsmobile.....

7 Take me home, Country Roads To the place I belong, West VA, mountain mama, take me home country roads.

8 I'll Be Seeing You In all those old familar places, that this heart of mine embraces all day through....

9. "When you wore a tulip...."

10. "There's no business like show business...." There's no business I know...

11. "Oh My Papa....." To me he was so wonderful.

12. "We've only just begun to live....." White lace and promises a kiss for luck and we're on our way

13. "Sitting on the dock of the bay....." Watching the tide roll away. wastin time

14 Well let me tell you of the story of a man named Charlie

15 Most of all you've got to hide it from the kids

16 I saw the thing comin' out of the sky "Purple People Eater." It was a one eyed, one horned flying purple people eater.

17 Take away the trees and "and the birds will have to sit upon the ground"

18 Oh I wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder who "Who Wrote the Book of Love." Tell me, tell me, tell me who wrote the book of love.

19 What would you think if I sang out of tune " Would you stand up and walk out on me? Land me your ears and I'll sing you a song and I'll try not to sing out of key.

20 Dies Irea "Dies Illa"

21. Hanging around, nothing to do but frown.....Rainy days and Mondays always get me down. Tell me why I don't like mondays.

22. So many nights I sit by my window.....Waiting for someone to come sing me his song

23. Sometimes we walk hand in hand by the sea.....And we breathe in the cool salty air

24. Don't take it serious, life's too mysterious.....

25 These foolish things remind me of you.

26 What you would have him say.

25. Oh how the ghost of you clings.....

26. He may not always say.....

27 The Bells of St. Mary's I hear they are ringing/calling?

28 She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain When she comes: She'll be driving 6 white horses when she comes..... Singing ay ay yippee ay ay yippee yippee YAY

29 The sun'll come out tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar.....that tomorrow will be fine...

30 Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor Your huddled masses yearning to breath free, the wretched refuse of you teeming shore, send these the homeless tempest tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

31 Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory Of the coming of the Lord, He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored.....

32 M is For the Million things She Gave Me O is only that she's growing old....

33. Tell me why, tell me why, why do fools ...... fall in love

34. I saw the harbor lights.....

35. Get your motor running, head out on the highway....Looking for adventure, whatever comes our way

36. Guess mine is not the first heart broken, my eyes are not the first to cry....I'm not the first to know there's just no getting over you...hopelessly devoted to you. And now there's nothing to hide when you pushed my love aside.

37. Slip out the back Jack, then make a new plan Stan....

38. Just a simple little ditty, in her good old Irish way And I'd give the world if I could hear her sing that song today.

39. Sun lights up the day time, moon lights up the night

40. If you ever go down Trinidad, they make you feel so very glad

41 Forget Your Troubles

42 I Was Born in Saginaw, Michigan

43 When you're weary, Feeling Small

44 I've looked at Clouds From Both Sides Now

45 And you know, The sun's setting fast.

46 See the pyramids along the Nile

47 Oh we ain't got a barrel of money

48 From a distance the earth looks

Last edited:

dmcduck

Soul got 39 and 40.

39 is Peggy Lee - Fever
40 is Rum and Coca Cola - The Andrews Sisters. Quite a racy song for its time.

43 When tears are in your eyes I'll dry them all - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
44 From up and down and still somehow it's cloud's illusions I recall - Both Sides Now - covered by lots of folks

Have to think about the others...

rockgor

Hi Soul

Nice to hear from you. If there were an award for doin' a lot of typing, you'd win. How popular are songs from here in your neck of the woods?

Duckie is right about Bridge Over Troubled Water and Both Sides Now. The latter was written by Joni Mitchell and made famous by Judy Collins. I first heard it in a hotel
room with a small group following a concert. A gal sat on a bed and sang it while
playing a guitar that looked too big for her.

Duckie, speaking of racy songs, I realized only recently that a favorite old song has
a double entendre. "You can go as far as you like with me in my merry Oldsmobile".
Pretty sporty for 1905, huh?

Rock

dmcduck

41 Forget your troubles and just get happy - Judy Garland
42 I grew up in a house in Saginaw Bay - covered by a few ppl
45 And just like they say nothing good ever lasts - Our Town
46 Watch the sun rise on a tropic isle - The Duprees You Belong to Me
47 Maybe we`re ragged and funny - Side by Side Patsy Cline
48 blue and green - From a Distance Bette Middler

New:
49: The church bell chimed till it rang 29 times
50: O de money was just inside me bed
51: If you're blue and you don't know
52: Losing my timing this late
53: Oh, you're daddy's rich, and you're momma's good lookin'
54: Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now
56: I've been alive forever

rockgor

Hi Duckie, Wow, that's a bunch of 'em. And most I don't know.

51 where to go, why not go where fashion sits, Putting On the Ritz. From the
movie Blue Skies. My mother had the album. In those days (the 1940s) an album
was two or three 78 rpm records that came in a book. The book was made of
cardboard covers and paper holders for each record.

52 in my career. Send in the Clowns. The only Stephen Sondheim song I like.

53. So Hush Little Baby, Don't you cry. From Porgy and Bess. The musical appeared
on Broadway in the 30s. Half a century later it was done at The Met.

Rock

Last edited:

dmcduck

The ones you got are correct. 52 is also the only song I like sung by Frank Sinatra. I'll give GB a shot at 'em before I throw the rest of the answers out.

gb66

Hi everybody! The only one I know is 54, Locomotion. I knew 52 and 53 but Rock beat me to it. :)
And #46. See the pyramids along the Nile, watch the sunrise on a desert isle. By the way, #9 is When you wore a tulip a sweet yellow tulip and I wore a big red rose, and #34 is I saw the harbor lights, they only told me we were parting. GB

Last edited:

gb66

New:

57. Come and meet those dancing feet...

58. You'll go home and get your scanties and away we'll go.....

59. Here comes Peter Cottontail.....

60. Would you like to swing on a star....

61. Ah, Breaker one nine....

62. Oh the wayward wind....

63. I solve my problems and I see the light.....

Last edited: