WHAT'S MY LINE | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

WHAT'S MY LINE

ProHealth CBD Store

dmcduck

49: The church bell chimed till it rang 29 times - for each man on the Edmond Fizgerald - Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald, Gordon Ligthfoot
50: O de money was just inside me bed, stuck up in de pillow beneath me head - Matilda, Harry Belafonte
56: I've been alive forever, and I wrote the very first song - I Write The Songs, Barry Manilow

56 - hopping down the bunny trail
57 - carry moonbeams home in jar - Swingin' on a Star - Bing Crosby

Dunno the others

rockgor

We always seem to have trouble with the numbers. Good thing it
doesn't really matter much.

54 On the Avenue, the avenue, 42nd Street.

Gotta shut off the machine. It's in a sulky mood.

Rock

rockgor

Nice job, Duckie

Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on its way. Big hit for Gene Autry when I was
in grade school.

Oh the Wayward Wind is a restless wind.

I think Shuffle Off to Buffalo was here before. Looks like that train pulled
out. Saw the musical on stage. It was great. And they did a wonderful train set.

Rock

gb66

I tried to correct some of my numbers but probably messed it up even more! :) Sorry about that. ( a quote from Maxwell Smart).

rockgor

Hi Kids

Maxwell Smart. I remember him. Played by Don Adams on the show "Get Smart". My mother loved that show. I didn't find it funny at all. Although generally we found the
same things funny.

Used to have a Barry Manilow record. I thought it kinda funny that he didn't write "I
write the Songs". Saw him once on TV. He was so awkward and stiff I thought it was
some kind of skit. Or maybe he had a terrible case of early arthritis. The Animatronic
Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland looked more lifelike.

Wikipedia says the writer of the Manilow hit was Bruce Jonnston, a member of the
Beach Boys. He reportedly said the "I" in the title referred to God.

Rock

Attachments

Soul*

Make that a copy and paste award Rock :p
I can't make sense out of posts like this if I don't first combine them all. Else I just get lost...

Many international songs here Rock, the Dutch genre isn't very popular with many people and not that much broadcasted either.

Ducky is right on 47 and 48

We can keep adding GB even if someone already did, just add the next songtext line if you know it...

I don't know the song but I bet T is next for 32

Is what comes next in 43 don't be afraid?

All copy paste combined somewhat and added the ones I know to not get totally lost all the time so others can add to the lines already there too:

1 That fateful night the car was stalled

2 Well, it's one for the money, two for the show, THREE TO GET READY, NOW GO CAT GO Why you don't you get of my blue suede shoes

3 Some say love; it is a river .......
You where always on my mind

4 Oh, Give me a home: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM

5 Clang, clang, clang went the trolly.
Ding, ding, ding went the bell, zing, zing, zing went my heartstrings, from the moment I saw him I fell....

6 Come Away With Me, Lucille. In my merry Oldsmobile.....

7 Take me home, Country Roads To the place I belong, West VA, mountain mama, take me home country roads.

8 I'll Be Seeing You In all those old familar places, that this heart of mine embraces all day through....

9. When you wore a tulip a sweet yellow tulip and I wore a big red rose

10. "There's no business like show business...." There's no business I know...

11. "Oh My Papa....." To me he was so wonderful.

12. "We've only just begun to live....." White lace and promises a kiss for luck and we're on our way

13. "Sitting on the dock of the bay....." Watching the tide roll away. wastin time

14 Well let me tell you of the story of a man named Charlie

15 Most of all you've got to hide it from the kids

16 I saw the thing comin' out of the sky "Purple People Eater." It was a one eyed, one horned flying purple people eater.

17 Take away the trees and "and the birds will have to sit upon the ground"

18 Oh I wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder who "Who Wrote the Book of Love." Tell me, tell me, tell me who wrote the book of love.

19 What would you think if I sang out of tune " Would you stand up and walk out on me? Land me your ears and I'll sing you a song and I'll try not to sing out of key.

20 Dies Irea "Dies Illa"

21. Hanging around, nothing to do but frown.....Rainy days and Mondays always get me down. Tell me why I don't like mondays.

22. So many nights I sit by my window.....Waiting for someone to come sing me his song

23. Sometimes we walk hand in hand by the sea.....And we breathe in the cool salty air

24. Don't take it serious, life's too mysterious.....

25 These foolish things remind me of you.

26 What you would have him say.

25. Oh how the ghost of you clings.....

26. He may not always say.....

27 The Bells of St. Mary's I hear they are ringing/calling?

28 She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain When she comes: She'll be driving 6 white horses when she comes..... Singing ay ay yippee ay ay yippee yippee YAY

29 The sun'll come out tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar.....that tomorrow will be fine...

30 Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor Your huddled masses yearning to breath free, the wretched refuse of you teeming shore, send these the homeless tempest tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

31 Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory Of the coming of the Lord, He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored.....

32 M is For the Million things She Gave Me O is only that she's growing old....

33. Tell me why, tell me why, why do fools ...... fall in love

34. I saw the harbor lights, they only told me we were parting

35. Get your motor running, head out on the highway....Looking for adventure, whatever comes our way

36. Guess mine is not the first heart broken, my eyes are not the first to cry....I'm not the first to know there's just no getting over you...hopelessly devoted to you. And now there's nothing to hide when you pushed my love aside.

37. Slip out the back Jack, then make a new plan Stan....

38. Just a simple little ditty, in her good old Irish way And I'd give the world if I could hear her sing that song today.

39. Sun lights up the day time, moon lights up the night Peggy Lee

40. If you ever go down Trinidad, they make you feel so very glad. Calipso swing and tralala... drinking rum and coca cola

41 Forget Your Troubles and just get happy

42 I Was Born in Saginaw, Michigan. I grew up in a house in Saginaw Bay

43 When you're weary, Feeling Small, When tears are in your eyes I'll dry them all.

44 I've looked at Clouds From Both Sides Now. From up and down and still somehow it's cloud's illusions I recall.

45 And you know, The sun's setting fast. And just like they say nothing good ever lasts.

46 See the pyramids along the Nile. Watch the sun rise on a desert/tropic isle

47 Oh we ain't got a barrel of money. Maybe we're ragged and funny.

48 From a distance the earth looks blue and green.

49: The church bell chimed till it rang 29 times for each man on the Edmond Fizgerald

50: O de money was just inside me bed, stuck up in de pillow beneath me head

51: If you're blue and you don't know where to go, why not go where fashion sits, Putting On the Ritz. Looking like a million dollar trooper. Trying hard to look like Alice Cooper, super trooper...

52: Losing my timing this late in my career. Send in the Clowns.

53: Oh, you're daddy's rich, and you're momma's good lookin' So Hush Little Baby, Don't you cry. Summertime and the living is easy, fish are jumping...

54: Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now. It's called the twist and it goes like this.

56: I've been alive forever, and I wrote the very first song

57. Come and meet those dancing feet...On the Avenue, the avenue, 42nd Street.

58. You'll go home and get your scanties and away we'll go.....

59. Here comes Peter Cottontail.....hopping down the bunny trail Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on its way.

60. Would you like to swing on a star....carry moonbeams home in jar

61. Ah, Breaker one nine....

62. Oh the wayward wind....is a restless wind.

63. I solve my problems and I see the light.....

64 Hello darkness my old friend

65 Do you know the way to

Last edited:

dmcduck

Sorry, Soul, 54 is not the twist, it's the locomotion (Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now, Come on baby do the locomotion).

It was a 'one hit wonder' song. Little Eva was actually the babysitter. She recorded it as a demo. Nobody wanted to actually record the song for real, so it got released as it was....

Looks like GB beat me to both of the others, Simon and Garfunkel for the first, Dione Warwick for the second.

gb66

NEW:

66. Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio.....

67. Singing my life with his words...

68. When whippoorwills call...

69. I've waited a lifetime for someone to say....

70. When I'm calling you...

71. Well I know it's kinda late....

72. We had joy, we had fun.....

Last edited:

rockgor

68 When whippoorwills call, and evening is nigh. My Blue Heaven.

70 When I'm calling you, ooo, ooo, Will you answer too? From Rose
Marie with Janette and Nelson.

72 We had Seasons in the Sun.

Rock

gb66

Those are correct sir!

I thought you might know #69 too. It's from a Sigmund Romberg operetta.
It goes like this: Hum hum, hum hum, hum hum: hum hum hum hum hum hum.... :)

rockgor

Oh, well, now that you've hummed it, I can tell it's Deep In My Heart, Dear.
Over the 40 years that I collected records I acquired something like half a dozen
recording of The Student Prince. Sigmund Romberg's most popular work.

73 Tis a gift to be simple
74 Hear them calling you and me

75 The folks are a-singing so cheerful and gay

Computer's acting up again. Gotta go.
Rock

rockgor

OK, back again.

76 Why can't I forget you and start my life anew
77 It gives me a thrill to wake up in the morning

78 In olden days a glimpse of stocking
was looked on as something shocking
79 Put on your old grey bonnet

If necessary, also put on your thinking cap. Ha Ha!

Rock

gb66

#74 The Bells of St. Marys ?

#77. To wake up in the morning on Mocking Bird Hill.

#78 Anything goes

#79. With the blue ribbons on it while I hitch old Dobbin to the shay. Through the fields of clover we'll ride up to Dover on out golden wedding day. (My grandma used to sing that one.)

I lost my thinking cap and don't remember where to look!

Last edited:

gb66

Rock, I found a video of Old Grey Bonnet but couldn't get it to download. It's by a quartet, from 1909. I think it said Hayden Quartet. Maybe you could make it work?

rockgor

Hi Soul
Thanks for subbing for me. A great old tune. One of my long time favorites. There is a
video on Youtube that was also a movie short. Made by the Max Fleischer Studio. Max created cartoon characters such as Popeye and Betty Boop.

Whenever these sing alongs showed up in the theater in our town, everybody sang along. Even those of us who didn't sing so well.

GB, your latest batch of answers is correctomundo.

Rock

Last edited: